Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-03-2002, 10:01 PM   #761
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Stacey: *Standing up* Come on, Frodo, let's hunt some Orc! Ugh....did I say that?

Primrose: Yes, lets!

*She goes quickly but quietly ahead of Frodo and Stacey, her bow at the ready, and her eyes on any tracks she might find on the ground.*
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 06-03-2002, 10:02 PM   #762
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Frodo heard Sam's scream, and the tears stared flowing again. "NOOOOO!" Frodo was at the point of collapse. "I will kill them ALL! They WILL DIE!"
Old 06-03-2002, 10:05 PM   #763
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo came up to the cave and acught sight of Sam. He stood between Sam and the orcs,
"The first one to touch this hobbit will die by my hands. Prim your bow! Fire!!!!"
Old 06-03-2002, 10:13 PM   #764
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

The Orc leader came and stood behind the rock on which Sam lay.

Orc Leader: Baggins. Well, well. *Glances at Primrose* Fire that bow, little one, and I shall plunge my sword into this worthless Hobbit's heart. *Unsheaths his sword and hold it point down above Sam's chest*

The other Orcs bar the entrance.

Stacey: Oh, great.....

Sam: *moans and turns his head* Mister Frodo...you *cough* you shouldn't have come...
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 06-03-2002, 10:13 PM   #765
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo drew a very blue Sting and pulled out the phial of Galadriel in the other hand. "A Elbereth! Gilthoniel!" he cried, the orcs drew back in fear. Frodo yelled in Elvish and skwewred two orcs at one. The next got a blade throught his throat. Frodo sidestepped a swing from a club and hewed off the head of the orc that was carrying it. He spun Sting around in his hands "Prim! I'm not joking! SHOOT!"

The Orc over Sam got completely dismembered.....

"You fight like a warrior" an orc sneered

"When one studies under King Elessar, who know what on may learn."

[ June 04, 2002: Message edited by: Frodo Baggins ]

[ June 04, 2002: Message edited by: Frodo Baggins ]
Old 06-03-2002, 10:23 PM   #766
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Primrose jumped up on the rock on which her father lay and did just that. Within minutes, several Orcs were skewered.

Stacey, gingerly stepping over what was left of the Orc leader, gently lifted Sam in her arms. The little hobbit was profusely weeping.

Stacey: There, now, Sam. It's okay.

She scurried over to the cave wall with him, ducking in case there were yet any flying arrows or swinging swords. Settling by a wall that appeared safe, she began to try undoing the tight knots that bound her little friend.
Old 06-03-2002, 10:31 PM   #767
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo was pale, worn, and barely able to breathe. He and Prim were hacking their way through the orcs. The orcs were frightened of the sword and the phial. Not to mention that Frodo kept shrieking in Elvish (orcs hate elvish). Nealy all of them were dead. No one knew Frodo was ever capable of such pure fury. However, as he was not looking, an orc swing at him and hit him right where he had been slashed by the Maia. Frodo bit back a scream. If he screamed, he knew Sam would probably die of fear and the reast of them would be slaughtered.

"I'm all right!!!" He said. He pinned an orc against the wall and said "What do you want??"

(I have to go for tonight, Sam. Don't kill us while I'm gone. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )
Old 06-03-2002, 10:31 PM   #768
Gimli Son Of Gloin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gimli Son Of Gloin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Gimli drains his 148,930th muug.
Old 06-03-2002, 10:34 PM   #769
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The REG in it's new armor and human shape reapeared near were Frodo,Sam, Stacy, and Primrose were. It walked over to the cave entrance clearly seen in the sunlight. It laughed and everyone froze to look at the sinister figure. With a wave of it's hand the orcs vanished and it said, "I would rather deal with you myself."
Old 06-03-2002, 10:37 PM   #770
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"Rose?" whispered Frodo.
The REG laughed. "Your weak friend is no more use to me. Now I can thrive on my own."
Old 06-03-2002, 10:38 PM   #771
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

That's okay, sir--so do I. [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]*YAWN* [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2002, 10:40 PM   #772
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

(Not Part of Story.
GIMLI- can't you stop wasting yourself! Everyone is putting their lives on the line. All around you the enemy is attacking. I'm sorry, but if your not going to make yourself usefull then why don't you go do somthing else?)

( I have to go to bed too. Hope you like my little suprise when you come back.)

[ June 04, 2002: Message edited by: Rose Cotton ]
Old 06-04-2002, 12:02 AM   #773
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Child stared out at the starry sky. All was beautiful and silent, but she could not sleep. Her heart was pounding relentlessly in her breast. She was doing something she never, never did. She was praying to one of the Vala.

She looked up at the stars and whispered, "Oh, Varda, do you remember when I woke up earlier in the golden halls, and you looked upon me and laughed. You said I was in the wrong story, and you sent me back into the void to help my friends."

"Well, this time we're in worse trouble. We're waiting to hear from Gandalf about where Rose is and where the REG is, but no word has come through."

"I am horribly, horribly afraid. Not for myself or my friends who are here with me. We're alright. It's our friends on the field of Cormallen."

"Remember Frodo and Samwise, the Ringbearers, the two who gave so much of themselves to heal the world? Well, Rose has somehow slipped into the Third Age and we think she has let a whole pack of Orcs loose on the world. And if they get through to Frodo and Sam.......I don't even want to think about it. We would go back and check on them in our own world, but we have lost our laptop and can't find any path through to the palantir keycheck. We can't even get home, let alone find the REG."

Child lay on the hard ground and began to sob. Birdie unwound one of her longer branches and gently patted Child on the head. For the first time, Birdie couldn't even think of a joke to crack.

But in a tiny corner of Child's brain, there came a little whisper. "Think, think, little one. Ask yourself, how did you get out of the void? You did it yourself. You didn't need me. Orcs, Morgoth, and Sauron--they're all cut out of the same cloth."

Child ran over to Pio and Bird and Veritas and Sind. "Start singing, and get Faramir and his crew to sing too. Let's get back to Cormallen. We've been wandering in circles here, and you know the REG just wanted to get us out of the way to do something to our friends."

Child figured the best option was Home, Sweet Home. Within a few minutes, a sweet chorus filled the air. Birdland was particularly loud. The five settled onto the back of the golden dragon.

A whoosh, a roar, and all fell away. Birdland waved goodbye to Faramir. In a single second, there were back on the party fields.

[ June 04, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 06-04-2002, 12:26 AM   #774
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Child, Birdland, Pio, and Veritas stared in disbelief. They slid off the dragon. This is not what they had expected to see. Not a single orc was anywhere in sight.

A sad and shivering Rose ran crying into Child's arms.

"It's alright, Rose, I know it wasn't really you. Only next time try to use your brain a little more, and share your fears with your friends."

Rose hurriedly garbled out the story of what had happened and then pointed to the single large figure in the middle of the field. It was the most atrocious thing Child had ever seen....gleeming metal armor with spikes, roaring with laughter, evil pouring out of every orifice in its huge filthy body.

Even looking at him made Child wanted to throw up everything she'd eaten in the past two days. The thing reached down to Samwise and picked him up by the back of the neck with a single finger. Frodo was advancing toward the figure with his tiny phial and Sting, but he looked like an ant next to this monstrous pile of metal. Stacey and Primrose were but an inch from that horrid ugly foot that stamped and restamped the ground.

Overhead, all was Dark. It looked as if the sun had died, and would never return again.

Suddenly, from nowhere, came a golden flash. Angara, beautiful to behold and full of righteous anger, raised his body and swept across the field in the direction of the metal monster, smoke and flames tumbling out of his outstretched mouth.........

Old 06-04-2002, 12:31 AM   #775
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

[Yawn, I'm going to sleep. Made several revisions earlier to keep to story line.]
Old 06-04-2002, 02:01 AM   #776
Kettle of fish
Wight

Kettle of fish has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Kettle whistled softly.

Was the armour able to be melted by the flames of the dragon? Or could it only be destroyed in the fires of Mt Doom.
Old 06-04-2002, 04:36 AM   #777
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

(I'm backtracking alittle)

Rose slowly slipped back to consiousness and pulled herself from the ground. Far away she could hear the sounds of battle. She pulled her sword. Rose had a chance to redeam herself. But as she ran to the battle all enemys disapeared. And there was the REG. The monster she had created. About It's feet where Sam, Frodo, Primrose, and Stacy. It looked at her and she was weakened by it's gaze.

Then from out of nowhere a chourus of singing sounded. It was all around them yet very distant. Then on the back of a dragon Veritas, Pio, Child, Birdie, Sind, and Ket appeared.

Rose could barly see them through her tears as she ran into Child's arms.
"I-I'm s-s-so sorry. I should have listened to you. The REG. It has S-Sam. It's all my falt. My fault." But Child comforted her and she fell to silent sobbing. Then she felt a whoosh past her as the dragon sped towards the REG.

Rose reached for her sword but Child said "Stay here Rose." She didn't listen. She ran behind the dragon towards the menicing body. She would hew it until it was a million peices.
"my fault" she whispered.
Old 06-04-2002, 04:52 AM   #778
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Birdie watched in awe and horror as Angara the Golden rose into the air and jetted a massive blast of fire down on the party field, sweeping it over the armor of the REG. The REG held out it's massive arms as if it were bathing in the flame and laughed maniacally. It then raised it's own arm and sent a bolt of green electricity hurling for Angara.

"Look out! screamed everyone. Angara banked and ducked, narrowly avoiding the deadly voltage. Raising higher into the air, he prepared to stoop, kamakaze style, upon the REG.

"Gotta do something...gotta do something...he'll be killed!" thought Birdie frantically. She looked around the ruins of the field, for something. Then she saw the sound system left behind from the Beatles concert, abandoned on stage in the middle of the party ruins.

Scrambling through the rubble of the buffet line, Birdie pulled herself up on the stage and started flipping switches. finding the stack of amps, she twirled the knobs until the volume controls all read "eleven". She flipped on the mic, which shreieked with feedback. Hastly dragging it away from the speakers, Birdie screamed into the mic. "Cover your ears everyone! Cover your ears! I'll give this sucker a song he'll never forget! Rock!"

Then Birdie morphed into her third, and most deadly character: Ghastly Neekerbreeker!

Drawing a deep breath, Birdie let loose!

NEEK-BREEEEEEK! NEEK-BREEEEEEK! NEEK-BREEEEK! NEEK-BREEEEK!

The waves of ultrasonic sound rolled across the party field. The metal of Sting shivered and rang out in response. Everyone on the field clamped their hands over the ears as the soundwaves echoed and shrilled.

The metal armor shivered like tin foil in the wind. Tiny cracks appeared all across it's surface.
Old 06-04-2002, 05:03 AM   #779
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Rose reached it and started hacking away from it. She couldn't here Birdie's song pounding in her ears. All she cared about was hurting the REG as much as she possibly could.

"YOU- YOU HURT EVERYONE!" She cried.
"As the REG faded from the song and from Rose's blows it laughed. "Me? It was YOUR fault. Because of you people were decieved. People were hurt. You are to blame." Then It's body died away leaving it's shattered armor. On top of the gleaming metal lay the REG the way it had looked at the begaining of the party. Rose fell into a horrified trace beside it.

It was right. It was what she had been thinking herself. She reached over to Frodo and Sam who were nearby and embraced them.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Please forgive me." she pleaded.

[ June 04, 2002: Message edited by: Rose Cotton ]
Old 06-04-2002, 06:13 AM   #780
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Child shook her head back and forth as if to shut out the racketing noise from her head. Even though the sounds had ceased, they were still sounding inside her brain.

She was extremely glad that Birdland had such practical sklls, which she herself definitely did not have, to generate such a horrific noise from the sound system. To say nothing of the truly ghastly screeches which had issued from Bird's own mouth.

Child noted that Rose Cotton was slowly regaining natural color in her face. Now that her rage towards the giant metal thing had subsided, Rose showed more composure, although tears still glistened in her eyes, and she looked truly sad and humbled.

In the back of her head, Child said a small thank you to Varda, Queen of the heavens. She shuddered to think what might have happened to everyone, but especially to Samwise and Frodo, if they hadn't managed to get back to the Fields by singing.

Child stretched and yawned. This going on adventures was very tiring. She vowed to take an extra nap in the afternoon and to make sure and eat her second breakfast and lunch to make up for all the food and sleep she had lost!

Old 06-04-2002, 08:52 AM   #781
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo was laying at the REG's feet, having trouble seeing straight and barely abe to breathe, but his voice was raised.

A Elbereth Gilthoniel,
silivren penna miriel
o menel algar enalath!
Na chared palan-diriel
o galadhremmin ennorath,
Fanuilos le lennathon
nef aear, si nef aearon!

Frodo then sings the An-thennath og Beren and Luthien Tinuviel
Old 06-04-2002, 09:05 AM   #782
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I vow to thee my country all earthly things above
Entire and whole and perfect the service of my love
The love that asks no question the love that stands the test
That lays upon the altar the dearest and the best
The love that never falters the love that pays the price
The love that makes undaunted the final sacrifice

Ands there's another country I've heard of long ago
Most dear to them that love her most great to the that know
We may not count her armies we may not see her king
Her fortress is a foaithful heart her pride is sufferring
And soul by soul and silenty her shining bounds increase
And her ways are ways of gentleness and all her paths are peace

Earindil was a mariner.....
Old 06-04-2002, 09:24 AM   #783
Veritas
Wight

Veritas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Veritas felt dizzy, upset, and uncomfortable. All went faster and faster whil her head was spinning. As in a dream she saw Angara attack the REG, and the REG fire back. In the back of her head Birdie was singing and Rose screaming. Where was she, what happened, she didn't know, it all seemed so far away. She sat down on the burned grass, and looked around.

"What exactly happened?" She asked Pio.
"the REG's armour is burned, but I don't know if itself is distroyed."

Veritas sank asleep.

(I've to go to eat, so it's a bit stupid end, but make something of it.)
Old 06-04-2002, 09:25 AM   #784
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Thumbs up

Piosenniel looked in wonder at the small, seemingly innocent box which had caused so much grief. She reached down to pick it up. Suddenly, a great wind blew causing the tattered party banners to flutter. Before she could reach the device, a knife flew through the space between her hand and the REG and imbedded itself into the ground where it quivered menacingly.

"I shouldn't do that if I were you," came a voice from the shadows. Mithadan stepped forward from behind the nearly toppled refreshment pavilion. He was disheveled and his torn cloak was stained green. Leaves were in his hair and a feather protruded from his collar. He moved to stand over the REG and faced the group with a drawn sword.

"Its form has been destroyed and its energy is low, but think what happened when Rose picked it up after your little trip to the void," he said. "Look! Even now, it is not idle!"

A red light blinked on the REG and the air about it seemed to quiver. The group stepped back a pace from the malice of the device.

Child piped up nervously, "If we cannot touch it how can we destroy it?"

Mithadan smiled and knelt next to the box. He laid down his sword and reached into a pocket to bring out a shiny silver box which hummed quietly. From the side of the box which he held, a black cord uncoiled and reached for the REG. "REG," he said. "Meet REG 2.1 and its friend virus." Sparks emitted from the REG as it attempted to evade the black cord. A bolt of electicity shot out and burned a patch of Mithadan's mail shirt. The cord moved closer. The knife which had stayed Piosenniel's hand lifted from the ground and slashed Mith's arm. He held on grimly as Rose snatched the knife out of the air. The cord reached the REG and plugged into a port on its right side.

A green light blinked on REG 2.1. The REG lifted up and shook wildly seeking to disengage the cord. Napkins and cups rose into the air and swirled about. A keg of ale tipped and fell from a table. Gimli's mug was snatched from the dwarf's hand and flew across the field to crash against Mithadan's head. He fell, but the cord remained connected. With a last wriggle and a shower of sparks, the REG fell back to the ground. The cord detached from the REG and reeled itself in. Mithadan staggered up with blood dripping from a gash on his brow and lifted up his sword. With a single slice he cleaved the REG in two, then slumped to his knees.
Old 06-04-2002, 10:03 AM   #785
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Child visibly exhaled. She gave a slight cheer as she saw the REG sliced into two neat, very dead pieces. Mith had done the right thing.

No thoughts were in her mind of their previous foolish plan of holding the REG for ransom. The remodeling of her hobbit hole would just have to wait.

Child gathered up her belongings and prepared to leave the party ground. She had to pick up her children, and then attempt to make delivery on the waiting bags of mail, which Mayor Samwise had warned her now made quite a daunting pile. At last count, they had numbered 342 bags of undelivered mail.

But as she prepared to go, she heard what seemed to be a small crying noise from under one of the tables. She pulled the tablecloth back, and there was Angara, much shrunken from the last time she had seen her.

The dragon glared quite rudely: "So you used me for your little trip, and now you are dumping me by the side of the road!!!

Child was overcome with definite guilt. The dragon did have a point. He had served them
faithfully, and she had totally forgotten about him once the monster and the REG was destroyed.

Child tilted her head and thought. This dragon had a number of talents, chief of which seemed to be his ability to shrink or increase in size according to his surroundings.

Child had once heard a learned man say that, in his world, there were little dragons who could change the color of their skin according to the place they were living. Of course, Child had not believed such a preposterous tale. But this ability to change in size.....it could be quite useful.

"Alright dragon" she said. "I would like you to come home with me as long as you are willing to keep yourself about the size of a small pony. Of course, when you fly free outside for exercise, you may be any size you want. That is.....if it's not too near my hobbit neighbors."

Child figured that some of the hobbits might be scandalized by the presence of a dragon in their part of the Downs. But, as long as he wasn't terrifyingly large, she could probably get away with it. Anyways, surely, the Tooks, Gamgees, and Bagginses wouldn't mind too dearly, especially if she promised to give the younger ones rides.

"Just think how much faster my mail delivery will go," she mused. "And how much more fun! I'll have those 342 bags done in no time. I may even be able to rent him out for special occasions and earn extra that way to remodel my hobbit hole. And I had been promising the children that I would get them a pet. This seems quite good, although I may lose a bit of credibility among the stuffier hobbit families"

The dragon smiled slyly, and turned his head about. "Alright, I'll come with you to this hobbit hole. But we'll see about any extra rides, and if those stuffy families get too nasty, I'll turn their houses into toast."

Not a bad idea, Child thought, as she turned to leave the field.
Old 06-04-2002, 10:17 AM   #786
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

"Neek-Breek!...(cough, cough)...I mean Mithadan!" yelped Birdie as she morphed from evil cricket to M-E Extra form. She scrambled through the wreakage of the party field to the side of the doughty moderator. Pulling the remains of Child's white flag petticoat from her pack, she tried to staunch the flow of blood on his brow.

"Don't just stand there everyone! Quick, get some athelas. Give him some of that phial, Frodo. Gimli! Do something with all that beer you've been drinking and put out that grass fire over there! Kettle, give him a whiff of the fish, see if that will bring him around. Is there a doctor in the field!"

"Oh, Mithadan, we're sorry! It just started out as a harmless prank to liven up the party. Who knew it would go so far. We're all so very, very...Saaaayy, is that the new REG 2.1? Ya know, I read about that on C-Net..."

"Sorry", said Child, stepping in and dropping a petticoat over the REG. "We're all very, very SORRY!, Right, Birdie?" She kicked the distracted Extra with her toe.

"Yes! Yes! Sorry!...I was getting to it..."

"Wait a minute!" cried Rose. "What about the Ents and Eagles? They were storming the forts of Rohan! Have they been stopped?"

"And even more important", intoned Pio. "What the heck ever happened to The Barrow Wight?"
Old 06-04-2002, 10:23 AM   #787
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo saw the REG destroyed. He collapsed from weariness and pain and knew no more for a long time...........
Old 06-04-2002, 11:15 AM   #788
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

ooc: aah Samwise and Frodo!! You brave little hobbits had me crying again!!!!! Back later!
Old 06-04-2002, 11:57 AM   #789
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

Birdie grabbed Child's skirt tail and the dragon's tail tail and pulled them back as they were about to skip merrily off to Hobbiton and out of our tale.

"Come back here you two! You ain't goin' anywhere until we find out what happened to the Ents and the Eagles. Besides, you never did deliver all those Birthday missives, Missy."

[ June 04, 2002: Message edited by: Birdland ]
Old 06-04-2002, 12:05 PM   #790
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Mithadan winced as his wounds were tended to. He smiled gratefully at Child and Birdland. "Yes, that is the latest version of the REG... with some modifications, courtesy of the Dwarves of Erebor. It operates in two modes: true random events with double-encrypted password protection; and instruction guided under which it accepts instructions from only designated persons, in this case Wight and myself. Its operating on instruction mode right now...REG come here." The silver device emerged from under the petticoat and buried itself in Mithadan's pocket.

He grinned at his friends. "While its on instruction mode it would be quite useless to you," he said. "No more ransoms, hmmmm?"

"Where have you been?" growled Veritas. "We've been chasing all over Middle Earth, nearly getting ourselves killed, while you've been on vacation?"

"Hardly," answered Mithadan. "You see, you created the bane of any RPG -- an ultimate weapon which morphed into a nearly omnipotent being. When it got the laptop, it also gained the ability to gain almost limitless information on the activities of its opponents. What could defeat such a thing? An army? A dragon? These things were at best a distraction, effective only due to its own overconfidence. The only thing that could defeat such an enemy is one of the same...another REG. So I went to get another REG, then took it to Erebor to add the instruction mode. On my way back I was distracted by two unopposed armies that were left on your flanks: the eagles and the Ents." He looked ruefully on his green stained and torn cloak and pulled the feather from his collar.

"Its difficult to battle someone you don't want to harm. Ultimately, I negotiated a truce and had Gwaihir check in on things here to convince them I hadn't gone bad. That barely left me the time to get here myself. If I had been a few minutes later, someone would have grabbed the REG and we would have been off again," he explained.
Old 06-04-2002, 04:04 PM   #791
Gimli Son Of Gloin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gimli Son Of Gloin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Gimli drains his 175,635th mug.
Old 06-04-2002, 04:38 PM   #792
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey was still having trouble getting Sam loose. It distressed her to hear her little freind breathe, as which each breath there came a moan of pain.

Sam: *gasping* Mister Frodo...

Stacey: One thing at a time, Sam. Stupid. All of this was stupid. Sam could have been killed, and for what? Greed. That's all. Greed!
Wait, came the still small voice in her heart. You know very well that mankind are simply poor wretched creatures devoured by their sin. Sam is alive. Forgive as I would forgive.
Stacey: Of course. Of course....my this has been a trial to end all others....thank You, Lord, for Your teaching.
Calmed in her heart, Stacey looked over at Primrose, who was sitting by the opposite cave wall with her head on her knees. She was soiled from head to foot, and the little roses that had been in her hair at the beginning of it all were either out of place or gone.

Stacey: Prim, I could use your dagger.

The little hobbit looked up. She looked completely drained. "Sure thing."
She got on her knees and crawled over to her father. With tears in her eyes, she removed the dagger,Nuinfalath, from the belt she wore and began hacking at her father's bonds, occasionally stopping to wipe away a tear. When they were finally off, raw red skin was revealed around Sam's wrists and ankles.
Sighing, Stacey gave Sam as tight a hug as she dared.

[ June 04, 2002: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Old 06-04-2002, 05:02 PM   #793
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Menelduliniel puts down her ale and goes over to the small band in the corner.

She signals the band to play a happy tune.

She goes to the floor and starts dancing.

"Come on! Stop drinking and dance with me, Gimli!" Menelduliniel laughs.
Old 06-04-2002, 05:44 PM   #794
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo is semi-concious. he has been still for a while but now stirs and smiles ever so slightly and says one word "Sam....?"
Old 06-04-2002, 06:37 PM   #795
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey leaves Primrose to care for her father, and walks across the cave to where Frodo lay. Getting down on her knees, she slips her arms undermeath him and stands.

Stacey: He'll be okay, Frodo. He'll be okay.
Heck, he's a Gamgee--where does anyone think Primrose got that spunk from?
She turns and walks to the other side of the cave, where Prim is tending to Sam.
Old 06-04-2002, 06:43 PM   #796
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
ooc: aah Samwise and Frodo!! You brave little hobbits had me crying again!!!
Aw...I'll take that as a compliment, pio. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Quote:
Sam stood by him, his round eyes wide open - for he was looking across lands he had never seen to a new horizon.
Old 06-04-2002, 06:56 PM   #797
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Pio watched closely as the new REG secreted itself into Mithadan's pocket. It was a tempting little treasure, but she felt too worn out to devise a ploy to get it. 'Besides', she thought to herself, 'I need to do a little research on double encrypted password protection and instruction guided from only designated persons devices.'

She slid her hand into her own pocket, looking for her flask of miruvor. 'What's this ?' she said, feeling something cool and metallic touch her fingertips. Turning from the group gathered around Mithadan, she drew out the object. It was silver, and she cradled it easily in the palm of her hand. 'How interesting, I still have Mithadan's cell phone with internet access. This could prove very interesting, but later much later. I need some food and drink and a good long time relaxing with some friends.' She slid the phone back into her pocket and walked over to the group just catching the last of Mithadan's grinning admonishment of 'no more ransoms'.

Extending her hand she helped him to his feet and off went the group to the last standing tavern on the Field. The Flounder Inn, run by one Kettle of Fish, who had only a few dents to show for his adventures and no loss of finny friends.

Frodo and Samwise were there, & Gimli sat in a corner booth with yet another flagon in his fist.

'Drinks for all, good Kettle!' cried Pio ' & one for yourself, too!'

She stood on a table and raised her glass "Here's to good friends and great adventures! May there be many more!!'
Old 06-04-2002, 09:52 PM   #798
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

"Hear-Hear, Pio!" cheers Birdie, as she raises her own glass.

Suddenly a perky little trout face pops from the the top of Kettle of Fish. "Gilgore!" squeals Birdie, "you pulled a Glorfindel!"
Birdie begins a sprightly Springle Ring with the resurrected flying fish.
Old 06-04-2002, 10:30 PM   #799
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

It took Frodo a mintue to realize Sracey had set him next to Sam. (He was having trouble thinking straight) Frodo looked over st Sam, took his hand and said "Sam, dear Sam" he smiled at Sam, and then thought to himself 'There I go quoting myself again'

(I ahve to go to bed people, see you tommorow)
Old 06-05-2002, 01:06 AM   #800
Veritas
Wight

Veritas has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Her sleep had done well, and Veritas seemed to be totally awoken up. She looked over the fields, and everybody was just relaxing. Only Mithadan, Child and Birdie were still standing besides the REG, or whatwas left of it.

She walked to them and looked at the thing. It was black, and stinking, but also it seemed to rtadiate a great power, she could feelit. It made her feel miserable and she went to the bar and got an ale.

She saw Menelduliniel dancing on the dancefloor with Gimli. She laughed, it was strange to see Gimli dancing, his beard hopped up and down. She dicides to make some music and walks over to the band.

"Need a pianoplayer?" She asks. When the answer satisfies her, she takes place behind the poiano and plays with the band. Everything seemed to be in peace again.

After a few houres she stops and walks to pio, who is sitting at the bar, and is having a conversation with Kettle.

"Good day to you all, please give me a drink, Kettle."