The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2007, 12:29 PM   #11
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Just a few thoughts before I go back reading a bunch of essays...

As it has been frequently said the wolves were just phenomenal. A few things I think why they succeeded that well:

- They were incredibly skilled in leading the villagers away from them with subtle things and carefully timed posting. (Yes when I first realised whom the wolf-bunch included I said to myself "Oh dear god, this is nasty" but then I rethought it and as there were a quite tough-looking village against them as well I decided that would be fine)
- Their boldness to vote in a row to their mate Greenie who in turn made a huge favour to the rest with sticking to defend morm so vehemently to her last breath as that was I think one of the key reasons morm was lynched the next Day.
- Spotting Kath in time and making all those ruthless but wise kills they made.
- Darn good luck they had; like The Might producing the first double-lynch of innocents at the last minute, Rikae withdrawing from the game because of Mac's role being accidentally revealed, morm being the ranger, Kuru and Farael focusing on tearing each other apart, Lommy making a colossal mistake with the two others when she finally really got track of Fea (and so no one would believe her on Fea either) etc...
- Sooo beautiful doublelynch they orchestrated on Day5. It was a masterpiece indeed! What a pearl of co-operation and cunning!

And a few notes in passing...

Lommy: I was indeed quite impressed how right you were deducting Kath's dreams! But "low modding ethics" you said? And the whole game was about ethics - at least narrationwise... and if you're referring to my PM's with the wolves, then what's the problem there if I try to cheer some people up...

Mac: I know the feeling when your hands tremble over the keyboard and your heartrate just goes to a gazillion at the last minutes. It's just so much fun! And some people say you can't get "real experiences" in front of a computer! But they've never played werewolf in a critical moment I'd presume.

I was really sorry to see Nerwen and Sally go that early as I'd have loved to see them in action a bit longer... well one always is sad to lose a contributing player and someone has to go but anyways. I'm looking forwards to seeing you in the next ones! Also Rikae's quite understandable withdrawal was a nasty blow to the village when they would have needed you the most...

Lovely reading those PM's wolves!

~*~

A statistical fact: the villagers had 5 lynchings in which they killed 6 ordinary villagers and 1 wolf...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote