The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2017, 06:16 PM   #201
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Welcome to the Dead Thread! Is it everything you ever dreamed of?
Old 07-17-2017, 06:21 PM   #202
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Shall we?

++Boro
Old 07-17-2017, 06:22 PM   #203
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Shall we?

++Boro
I believe we shall!

++Boro
Old 07-17-2017, 06:45 PM   #204
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
*breathes sigh of relief*

Finally, at long last. Thought I'd never get a chance to get here in one of these style games. I kind of still wish I was Morsul and could enjoy a day all to myself here. Oh well, can't complain now.

Cheers.

++Boro

Nothing to hide for me, besides the tornado of mathoms and keepsakes, my closet is clean...I'm highly suspicious of Legate and Lalaith.

I have a theory on Eomer too, but there's time now at last to get into all that...I want to see what the talk of the town has been and catch up on what the dead have been up to.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:47 PM   #205
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Nothing to hide for me, besides the tornado of mathoms and keepsakes, my closet is clean...I'm highly suspicious of Legate and Lalaith.
Ooh, you're already fitting right in!
Old 07-17-2017, 06:48 PM   #206
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
++Boro
Old 07-17-2017, 06:49 PM   #207
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
*breathes sigh of relief*

Finally, at long last. Thought I'd never get a chance to get here in one of these style games. I kind of still wish I was Morsul and could enjoy a day all to myself here.
It was quite entertaining.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:50 PM   #208
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

By the by Boro hope for a ranger save because the count is now 5/4 so a night kill wins them the game but sure... enjoy the night with us
Old 07-17-2017, 06:52 PM   #209
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
Anyway, I have a fun idea for a game.

Boro has wanted to be in the Dead Thread in a Dead Thread game since they were invented and he hasn't made it yet.

We should place bets on whether he makes it this game or not.

I almost think he will not this time either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Can't say.

I'd say odds are 3-1 he makes it in
*dies all over again* Good stuff.

I just hope now it's not at a time that the GW and allies can't recover.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:57 PM   #210
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Let's all party
Old 07-17-2017, 06:59 PM   #211
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
While we're at it, let's have a funeral.

"Tea can do many things. But it can't bring back the dead".
Old 07-17-2017, 07:00 PM   #212
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
By the by Boro hope for a ranger save because the count is now 5/4 so a night kill wins them the game but sure... enjoy the night with us
That's assuming that the EW has successfully created a wolf each time...which isn't impossible, but really bleak if true.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:01 PM   #213
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
That's assuming that the EW has successfully created a wolf each time...which isn't impossible, but really bleak if true.
Honestly, I'm not holding out much hope for the Forces of Good, but you never know.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:04 PM   #214
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Well, if toNight might be our last Night of death, let's make it a Night to remember!
Old 07-17-2017, 07:09 PM   #215
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

1420!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Well, if toNight might be our last Night of death, let's make it a Night to remember!
Hear, hear! Drinks all around. Spectral Schnapps, served in the Official Decomposition Decanter.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:14 PM   #216
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Hear, hear! Drinks all around. Spectral Schnapps, served in the Official Decomposition Decanter.
Ooh! Served with some of the best bar snacks in the Realm of the Dead, of course: Chocolate-Covered Ghosties, Sea Salt Skeleton Cookies, and Peanuts (the spookiest of the lot - if you're allergic, anyway).
Old 07-17-2017, 08:42 PM   #217
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Aye, even if it turns out to just be one night of Death, I shall try to make the most of it...

You all think it's that dire? I mean it's definitely not good, but who has the upperhand can change quickly in these sorts of games when a lot of things potentially happen at night.

I kind of think Eomer is the GW and was bussing me, because either Mith or myself is a visitor. He had been going back and forth about me, and at the end put Nog and Legate in a corner to hold them to their votes. I guess we just hope it's not too little, too late.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:11 PM   #218
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots An Annoucement

The Deadline for the start of the next day will be two hours earlier at 6:00 PM US Eastern.

I have a work meeting tomorrow evening and will not be able to post at the usual time.

I'm quite sorry about this, but there is no help for it.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:08 PM   #219
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Aye, even if it turns out to just be one night of Death, I shall try to make the most of it...

You all think it's that dire? I mean it's definitely not good, but who has the upperhand can change quickly in these sorts of games when a lot of things potentially happen at night.

I kind of think Eomer is the GW and was bussing me, because either Mith or myself is a visitor. He had been going back and forth about me, and at the end put Nog and Legate in a corner to hold them to their votes. I guess we just hope it's not too little, too late.
There are a few things that could maybe save us - a Ranger save, or a Visitor coming back, or if the EW had at some point failed to or chosen not to turn a new wolf. And it's true that it's not unlikely that at least one of those things happened or will happen. But it's also not impossible that not a single one of them did, and that we will wake up toMorrow morning to game over. And if you're facing down even a chance at game over, might as well use it as an excuse for a party, am I right?
Old 07-17-2017, 10:36 PM   #220
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I believe the dead prefer Cashooooooos

I'm gonna go build a house. Someone pass the Walnuts. Hahahaha

Sorry the next round is on me. Boos make everything better.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:59 PM   #221
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
I believe the dead prefer Cashooooooos

I'm gonna go build a house. Someone pass the Walnuts. Hahahaha

Sorry the next round is on me. Boos make everything better.
Te-kill-a shots anyone? Or maybe this is more of a Grim and Tonic kind of crowd.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:10 PM   #222
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eeeehhhhhh

All the puns
Old 07-18-2017, 03:53 AM   #223
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
++Boro

I hope he's lying and he's a wolf because otherwise it reeaallly sucks for the good guys.

Btw feeling a lot less good about Legate atm. In my experience it's always the wolves who vote the same person more than two days in a row. Some probably because they have limited imagination or want to be consistent, some probably because it leaves less tracks when they die.

I kinda think Eomer and Nogrod are good and Nerwen and Brinniel are eeevil, I keep flip-flopping on Lalaith and Eönwë. And frankly Shasta and Sally could be anything.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 04:16 AM   #224
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I suppose I should knuckledown and make good notes in case I am going back. Tiresome not knowing *sigh* I don't feel I can tell much but given, if it happens, we won't need their byzantine communication system to let them know about Boro is there anything else you would wish to communicate with your empowering?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 04:37 AM   #225
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
++Boro

The sooner we know the better

Old 07-18-2017, 04:42 AM   #226
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
I suppose I should knuckledown and make good notes in case I am going back. Tiresome not knowing *sigh* I don't feel I can tell much but given, if it happens, we won't need their byzantine communication system to let them know about Boro is there anything else you would wish to communicate with your empowering?
Can you tell them to stop focusing on the gentlemen and take a good look at the ladies for a change? I refuse to believe all of Nerwen, Lalaith and Brinniel are innocent yet nobody is really suspecting them much.

I guess we won't want to communicate anything special by our empowering since we don't need to tell the living about Boro. We'll vote to help lynch a baddie with our collective wisdom?

And maybe you should tell Nogrod he's wrong and I get lynched very seldom, basically never as an innocent and even as a wolf it's like 50-50 which is decent.

edit: xed with Mith's vote
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:40 AM   #227
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Now that we have a full quorum...

*drumroll*

Boro is PREY.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:07 AM   #228
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

That's exciting.

So baddies win I believe.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:07 AM   #229
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I suppose barring a ranger save or not having created all three wolves yet.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:08 AM   #230
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Blimey. So the EW must be really unlucky with the picks. Maybe a the buzzing is a foiled pick. Or it would be over?

Old 07-18-2017, 08:30 AM   #231
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'll be honest... Kuru is the first mod I've seen give any clues or hints in narration so I really didn't read them too throughly:..
Old 07-18-2017, 08:34 AM   #232
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Yeah. I am glad Boro was just being Boro. He hadn't pinged on my radar till I noticed the denned up comment. If I am going back. it will be interesting seeing the back pedalling when they find out.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:34 AM   #233
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
I'll be honest... Kuru is the first mod I've seen give any clues or hints in narration so I really didn't read them too throughly:..
You've not read some of the other Mods narrations carefully enough then.

I'm actually quite sparing with clues compared to some people.

I can't remember who ran it, but there was a game years ago where the Mod put hints to practically everything in the game (including the roles of players) in the narrations. I didn't care for that myself, but it was said in the rules that it would be done. If I recall, that was the reason I didn't sign up for that game.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:03 PM   #234
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Apologies trying to type from my phone...

Glad you caught the denned up comment Mith ...I really was trying to go early on because I always just play more comfortably. There was also a day in there when I knew I'd be no help at all since I wouldn't be around. But then when finding out Inzil was an innocent, and I was personally more confident in Inzil's guilt than Lottie's...I tried to be a little more sensible so not to ruin it for the village. Alas I think the wolves used their advantage in numbers to lynch me while the village split between Nog and Legate
Old 07-18-2017, 01:10 PM   #235
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Apologies trying to type from my phone...

Glad you caught the denned up comment Mith ...I really was trying to go early on because I always just play more comfortably. There was also a day in there when I knew I'd be no help at all since I wouldn't be around. But then when finding out Inzil was an innocent, and I was personally more confident in Inzil's guilt than Lottie's...I tried to be a little more sensible so not to ruin it for the village. Alas I think the wolves used their advantage in numbers to lynch me while the village split between Nog and Legate
OK so any thoughts in case I am shoved back? We have an earlier deadline today. So I need to be ready - I am going to look a twerp if I am not the visitor but I would remind it wasn't my idea I was...

Old 07-18-2017, 01:28 PM   #236
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
OK so any thoughts in case I am shoved back? We have an earlier deadline today. So I need to be ready - I am going to look a twerp if I am not the visitor but I would remind it wasn't my idea I was...
I really don't know what more you could give the Living, except for confirming mine, Lottie's and Boro's innocence. We're as much in the dark otherwise as they are.

At least now we're safe from being killed.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:47 PM   #237
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I have made notes now. Should look through living too...

Old 07-18-2017, 03:52 PM   #238
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots DAY Five

Was it everything Boro ever dreamed of?

Well, hard to say.

This version of the hereafter didn't really compare to the previous for zaniness.

Still...this one had a certain ruthless efficiency that was hard to top!

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH...*gasps for breath*...HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*plop*

Another new friend! :-D

And guess what? The game is still going!

Living
Nerwen
Shastanis Althreduin
satansaloser2005
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Lalaith
Legate of Amon Lanc
Eönwë
Brinniel

The Dead
Morsul the Dark
Inziladun (Prey)
Thinlómien
Loslote (Prey)
Mithalwen
Boromir88 (Prey)
Nogrod

Escaped
Pervinca Took (Ordo)

~~~~

Alas, Mith is not a Visitor. It didn't occur to me that what I said in the previous narration lent itself to that interpretation until people keyed in on it. Then I didn't think I could correct it until it became confirmed.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:06 PM   #239
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

That's interesting...well I guess the village isn't quite dead yet.

Welcome to the dead Nog. I must say, I'm a bit curious as to why you were killed?
Old 07-18-2017, 04:17 PM   #240
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Well, what do you know! Still going strong after all. The GW must be doing something right.

Welcome to the Dead, Nog. Feeling any wiser?

I am surprised Nog was the Night kill...even if he wasn't a wolf, he was still a good lynch target, and I would've expected the wolves to want to keep him around as a distraction if nothing else. Makes me wonder if the EW sacrificed him in order to make their final wolf selection, seeing that he was a likely lynch target anyway... but that would be risky, given that the chances that a given wolf pick fails are getting higher and higher. Probably we can assume innocence safely.