The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-20-2010, 12:02 AM   #1
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Wouldn't we have been told that, though? If not, then that's a possibility...
I'm not sure. That info would be a huge strategic point, so it might be something withheld...
Old 05-20-2010, 12:08 AM   #2
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien View Post
I'm not sure. That info would be a huge strategic point, so it might be something withheld...
True. It'd be nice to know, but ShastaMod will have his secrets, won't he?
Old 05-20-2010, 05:22 AM   #3
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Am I missing some posts two votes for Tum already... I haven't been nearly as active as I normally am in this game... but I think our list of suspects is too long for votes that quick...

I'll be on tonight with more time...
Old 05-20-2010, 05:43 AM   #4
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien View Post
Sorry. It was a bluff. No protecting twice in a row. I hoped that by revealing and saying I would that it would deter an attack.
Oh, well. Nerwen was able to get us three of the wolves, anyway. At least you're a known innocent (since there's been no counter-reveal), and that's a great help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
You know, that gave me a thought. Probably the last wolf is one of the people on Nerwen's list, and they couldn't afford to let her live. If that's true, then it would narrow down the list of suspects a LOT... And after all, why would a wolf who had nothing to fear risk losing a Night kill go after someone who was supposed to be protected? What thinkest all you others?
The wolves would have had incentive to go after Nerwen regardless of where they were on her suspicion list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Am I missing some posts two votes for Tum already... I haven't been nearly as active as I normally am in this game... but I think our list of suspects is too long for votes that quick...
Did you miss something rather important? Nerwen told us yesterDay tum was a wolf. Could you be the final wolf?

++tum
Old 05-20-2010, 08:05 AM   #5
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Hmm. I naturally find it suspicious that Morsul rushed to question the votes on tum. Then again, as a wolf he couldn't realistically not have known about tum's predicament. If Morsul is a wolf, I have to wonder if that level of playing dumb would have occurred to him as a wise move. And as Nerwen said, if Morsul's a wolf he's been on the receiving end of some heavy-handed wolf-on-wolf.
That said, I don't want to get too focused on Morsul.

Something else caught by eye, an interesting exchange between Borowolf and Mira of Dol Guldur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I was about to tell Nerwen and Mira they would need to do a much better job at summarizing than that to get a no Day-1 vote from me, but those were actually quite accurate. Wow.

Funny how both of you do what I asked, but take two different attitudes towards me. Mira seizes the opportunity to do a "by the way" I love you. I'm obligated to ask, because this always seems to happen...trying to get me comfortable with you so my guard's down and it's easier to kill me? You know if I die next night and I find out you're behind it, I won't talk to you for a week, right? Glad we understand eachother now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post
Haha yes, dear. In the ridiculously unlikely event that that happens you can totally not talk to me for a week. Give me the "Nienna treatment" if you will.

Going to the gym then I'll legitimately be around for the rest of the Day. ...I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Excellent, because this means if I die, you either wouldn't be involved in anyway as you wouldn't want the "Nienna treatment" from me, or you would be involved and that means you don't give a darn. I've got all I need to know, I think I can safely assume the former with you. (P.S. I do include cobblery, however. If we are going with the cobbler = .5 wolf conversion...if you're the cobbler I won't talk to you for 3.5 days. Does this change anything?)
(bolding added by me)

Now why was it 'ridiculously unlikely', in Mira's words, that Boro would be Night-killed?
Old 05-20-2010, 09:08 AM   #6
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dűm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Now why was it 'ridiculously unlikely', in Mira's words, that Boro would be Night-killed?
Easy. I'm not a wolf, therefore I couldn't be responsible for his Night death.
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling
Keeper of Dol Guldur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:18 AM   #7
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
You know, at this point I'd really like to try out my plan (aka the unter coming forward). The wolf would then avoid them toNight even if we didn't lynch them (the hunter, that is) and it would put us down to a maximum of two kills toNight (assuming the double kill is so far unused and also succeeds) rather than a possibility of four (with the hunter, their two targets, and possibly the second kill).

I'd love to have this be fact, but I want to get everyone else's opinions before we decide what to do. Also, I'm in a rush so Tum's fate may be already sealed. If that's the case then fine, but I think it would be prudent to consider outting the hunter at this point. Anyway, thoughts?
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote