The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-03-2009, 07:30 PM   #41
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boro - Just banter so far, really. Odd vote for Mac, though.

Alonariel - Nothing alarming, plus newbie equals pass today.

Sally - Immeditately tries to clear herself and Boro... one to watch.

Nerwen - Only one post so far? Granted she's normally online pretty late, my time, but still...

Nienna - Quiet, as per usual with her. No alarms.

Nessa - Quiet, but not abnormally so.

Fea - One IC post, one "I'm sick" post. Gets a pass today.

Autume - Seems delightfully vengeful in her first post. In character, yes, but... I don't know.

Wilwa - Talks about her kids a lot, possibly hiding behind IC but I doubt it.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:39 PM   #42
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Autume has now been tranformed into a girl in my above post, my apologies for that little mix up, never played with her before so I guessed....anyway, yeah, sorry about that...

So I am exhausted from all of todays events (in RL and in the game). Therefore I shall vote.

For whom? Not really sure....I'm honestly good with everyone, mainly cause there hasn't been a heck of a lot from everyone.

So actually, I'm thinking I shall refrain from voting, since I'm not comfortable voting for anyone who has spoken, and I dislike voting for silent types on Day 1....maybe if the deadline wasn't so late I'd end up with more to go on, but for now I don't so this is where I'll leave it.

Good luck to you all today!

X'posted with Shasta
Old 08-03-2009, 07:41 PM   #43
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I fear the shy kid has been more silent than he intended to (busy day ).

Boro, everything's alright with you?

I see a few awfully early lists there, hmm... need a closer at those: it's an easy way to appear useful while not being useful (I mean, yes, lists are nice to sum up thoughts and such, but how much actual content can there be in them after so little posting so far?), but it's also a genuine opportunity for a librarian to stumble early by trying to hard to appear useful.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:49 PM   #44
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
A blithe list:

Nienna: runs off to make art whenever the opportunity arises. That should always be rewarded, not disciplined.

Sally: is a sweet girl and might stop helping me procrastinate on my massive amounts of school work (it never ends, even after multiple diplomas) if I kill her.

Hakon: has done nothing to cause me to notice him. He is a him, right?

Boro: should probably be killed just in case.

Autume98: gets a newbie pass from me due to the fact that the only other game we were both in, I died too early to give anybody anything.

Nerwen: concerns me greatly at all times because I can't read her at all. Not even a little. Ever.

Nessa: is strapped to the belly of Rudolph, as far as my attention goes. I hope she does something noticeable...

Wilwa: is contributing to global warming by way of babymaking. Kill her!!! ()

Mac: Bubbles?

Shasta: *shrug*

Formendacil: is online, of this I am certain. But has he posted?

Alonariel: n00b. With excellent taste in a great number of things, such as popsicles.

Brinn: is a sneak when she's a sneak, and is of help when she's of help, and I could kill her or not and it would barely cause me to shrug.

Who shall I vote for on this lovely, useless Day 1?
Old 08-03-2009, 07:52 PM   #45
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Has Brinn posted, by the way? I don't remember anything but....well, you know me....

ETA: Duh, my mistake. Brinn's gone. Forgot, sorry.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 08-03-2009 at 08:02 PM.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:53 PM   #46
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Question time...asking questions is a super educational strategy...yes I believe that was Rule uh 43...no #29, in Chapter 3 Asking powerful questions

Hakon: where are you?

Sally: Would you tirelessly tread through the fire swamp for me?

Fea: Has Nienna's cooking made you feel better?

Nienna: Did you poison Fea's rations?

wilwa: what was that move? Haven't you been one to vote randomly with little before, why shy away now?

*looks up at the ceiling and shouts this one*Lari: Would you like me to find those who did this and avenge you?

And now to answer one:
Quote:
Boro, everything's alright with you?~Mac
Honestly no, I'm quite peeved by the # of posts. Of course some was expected, I never expected the goth girl to want to help...no offense to her, but well I don't think anyone will be looking for it either. It's picking up now, which is putting me in a bit better mood, but time's ticking and still not much to show.

Edit: crossed with Fea and sally

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-03-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:58 PM   #47
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Fea: Has Nienna's cooking made you feel better?
Yes, though quitting the really terrible job and then finally ordering the Macbook I've been coveting for several years (and a long shower and painkillers) helped at least as much as dinner. Thank you for asking...

I think I'm going to vote for

++Nerwen

so that I can go to bed, but with it stated quite clearly that I'm only voting for Nerwen because I've got nobody better to vote for, and I refuse to invent suspicions to justify any vote. Think of it almost as a compliment, Nerwen: when at a loss for people to worry about, I respect you enough to start harboring concerns just to feel better.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:59 PM   #48
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
edit: fixed Autume to a girl, sorry!!!!!
It's alright Wilwa. I'll forgive ya!

Sally - hasn't done anything to make me suspicious of her. Pretty much has a thing for Boro.
Fea - has won my sympathy for today.
Hakon - hasn't posted
Boro - apparently has a thing for Sally as well. Although he was eying Lari earlier. However Lari is now dead.
Nerwen - nothing that stands out
Nessa - same as Nerwen
Wilwa - put me in the male category at some point however it's probably all the confusion from dealing with all 9 of her kids.
Nienna - was in the art room most of the day
Shasta - nothing that stands out
Formendacil - hasn't posted
Alonariel - newbie so gets free pass
Brinn - hasn't posted

Edit: x-ed with post #42 to this one
Old 08-03-2009, 08:07 PM   #49
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Okay, this whole thing is giving me a headache. Going back to my room to read some Shakespeare and maybe listen to my soundtrack for Wicked, if I remembered to bring it along. (I'll play Elphaba yet, just you wait....)

Just in case I don't come back down before Nightfall I'm going to do this now.

++Nerwen

Sadly, the best I can do Day One, because I've got no other feelings other than bad vibes and she's the only one I really have at the moment.

EDIT: x'd with Fea and Tum. Oh, and Boro? I'd brave the Zoo of Death for you.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #50
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Before I forget/pass out somewhere.

--Macalaure

Someone grants me retractables, gotta use 'em. They've helped me before, although Mac knows me well enough to probably not get rattled over that. Probably should have used it on someone different this time. Oh well.

I doubt I can keep my eyes open until the DL today, staying up in wee hours of the morning and then getting up a few hours later to catch SVU marathons is not the best thing for you...so anyone paying attention, try and get 8 hours of sleep a day (I'm being completely hypocritical with that statement however).

Quote:
Yes, though quitting the really terrible job and then finally ordering the Macbook I've been coveting for several years (and a long shower and painkillers) helped at least as much as dinner. Thank you for asking...~Fea
I was going to advocate the village to do something to you the following day if I was killed at night, since you are always out for my blood. However, because of the thank you I won't.

Let me be clear though, it's not out of sympathy or charity because of a hard day, I'm torn about you right now, I doubt that will change much, but I respect you as a player and your passion is intoxicating. It spreads like a disease I actually desire to catch along with you, don't lose that spirit because of a hard day.

Edit: crossed with sally.

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-03-2009 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:17 PM   #51
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
List of listmakers:

Nienna mostly summarises and when she does give an opinion, it tends to be slightly sneaky: she's wary of Sally, but quickly adds that she's been a wolf in the games the two played together recently; doesn't give an opinion of Boro, who pretty much asked people to have an opinion of him; autume did nothing for her to suspect, followed by a strange "as much as day one can have speculations" (you could add that line to almost everyone - why is it there?); adds a rhetoric "do with that information what you will" to her line about wilwa.

Wilwa's list is more straightforward and also makes more sense since she says she is voting soon. Admits that there is little to learn from it. It also speaks in her favour, I think, that she left out the non-posters.

Shasta also leaves out the non-posters and his observations are genuine to me.

And now Fea is doing it, too! She wants to kill Boro, of which I approve. Mostly joking, so there's no attempt to appear useful.

And Boro seems to be infected by the bug, too!

Autume is a newbie, right? In that case she shall be forgiven, since maybe she just did as the others did. Not much can be learned from her list, either, I'm afraid.

Also, could someone explain what exactly the fuel for the recent Nerwen-waggon is made of?
Old 08-03-2009, 08:37 PM   #52
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
As far as I can tell, there is none, and it bugs me. Mostly because Nerwen thinks I'm hot () but still. Fea's vote seems okay to me; Sally's is the one I'm very suspicious of.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:44 PM   #53
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Formendacil: is online, of this I am certain. But has he posted?
Fea, Fea--that's just mean! Using the Internet against me, and before I've even had a chance to shower after a weekend-long camping trip! And while reading up on (an admittedly shortish) Day 1 at that! For shame!

I shall not, however, hold it against you... since it's my own fault I'm not, probably, invisible yet...

I shall go see to that...
Old 08-03-2009, 08:48 PM   #54
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Mac looks good, besides the fact that he advocates killing me. I like his analysis of the listers. Plus his observation about the Nerwen votes, that seems an odd choice...Nerwen?

I don't know if I'd make too much out of it, the votes coming from Fea and sally. Nerwen might have just drawn the short straw. That's why I don't like lists, because sometimes if I go through everyone and still have no clues about anyone the last person I think of gets the short straw. Which is why I prefer just to poke around and see people's behavior.

But I must point out the mistake Mac. I didn't make a list, don't like lists, so don't throw me in with the list-makers, find another category to put me in if you want to kill me.

Edit: crossed with Form.

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-03-2009 at 08:51 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:51 PM   #55
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
From what I can see Sally is the most suspicious. Back in High School she was obsessed with Boro and if I recall correctly Lari is the reason that they broke up. Now Lari is dead.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:07 PM   #56
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Before I vote, hopefully Mac you won't mind answering this...why does leaving out the non-posters speak to a list-makers favour? Don't get it.

I do promise not to give you the Inziladun treatment...and that is ask you a question, than immediately vote for you (again) before getting an answer.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:17 PM   #57
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Before I vote, hopefully Mac you won't mind answering this...why does leaving out the non-posters speak to a list-makers favour? Don't get it.
Not to pre-empt Mac's ability to answer the query, which was his to answer, after all, but speaking from my own Day 1 position (which everyone will remember, if they played "back in high school," is based on the fundamental assertion that Day 1 is useless until after the fact), what Mac says makes sense.

On Day 1 there is no trend to anyone's silence, for the very reason that there's no trend to anything. Lists are useless enough to begin with on Day 1 (a point brought up by Mac which I must appreciate... even though he goes on to list the list-makers. However, if one is to go so far as to list people, it makes no sense to list the silent ones toDay, since there's more nothing to list about them than about the people who HAVE been talking.

I need a shower and I fear I'm getting my sister's cold from camping, but I'm here, and, I must confess, I'm still not seeing anything in Day 1 to point to criminal guilt other than the wildest of readings-into.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:22 PM   #58
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
I somewhat agree with Hakon about Sally being suspicious. She made more than one unkind comment about Lari (while she was still living - RIP) but then that might be too obvious to take your revenge where there are a dozen witnesses who know about your past history. She might also seem the most suspicious because she's been one of the most vocal so far, while others have remained relatively quiet thus far.

Nerwen didn't seem sneaky, just subtle. Although she did liken Lari's dress to that of a porn star's. But it is only the first Day, so we'll see...

Feel better, Fea. I'll send you a fresh batch of popsicles in the morning.

X'd with: Hakon, Fea and Mac.

Last edited by alonariel; 08-03-2009 at 09:42 PM.
alonariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:27 PM   #59
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
But I must point out the mistake Mac. I didn't make a list, don't like lists, so don't throw me in with the list-makers, find another category to put me in if you want to kill me.
#46 looks suspiciously listy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Well, it's not like there's much else going on, so why not.

Listing them all is not necessarily a sign of evil. When I make lists, for example, I usually copy the living player list so I don't forget anyone. Leaving them out, however, looks innocent to me, since it looks more like an honest attempt to make sense of what we really get to see, and also since I don't see a reason why a wolf would do it: a "hasn't posted" next to an innocent name always inevitably makes the person look a tad worse, and wolves usually don't skip fellows in lists, because they might be afraid of the questions it raises once said fellow is dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form
Lists are useless enough to begin with on Day 1
I wouldn't subscribe to that, but so many lists after so little to talk about... naah, come on.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:36 PM   #60
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Autume is a newbie, right? In that case she shall be forgiven, since maybe she just did as the others did. Not much can be learned from her list, either, I'm afraid.~Mac
Negative and I don't think you nor Fea should be overlooking anyone based on new status or not. Autume was in last game, I can't say much about her, because I was killed night 1, but I have a suspicion she should not be overlooked. A lot of commentary mixed in with a couple jokes, which means...

++autume98

And...

Quote:
X'd with: Hakon, Fea and Mac.~Alonariel
I would like to point out, while sometimes I cross-change, I do not cross-change and take on Fea's persona. But for that mistake...I <3 you.

Edit: crossed with Mac
Old 08-03-2009, 09:41 PM   #61
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Quote:
I would like to point out, while sometimes I cross-change, I do not cross-change and take on Fea's persona. But for that mistake...I <3 you.
*confuzzled* Boro, how did I take on her persona...? But thank you for the love

X'd with: Boro
Old 08-03-2009, 09:42 PM   #62
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
The pull of sleep is calling me.

A few things before I go

1. Mac on Lists: I think he makes a really good point about the listers (if they are wolves) not wanting to leave out a fellow wolf. On the other hand it is something a really sneaky wolf might do. It gives a lot of deniability later when they can be like "I didn't even think to put them on my first list." Just a thought

++Sally

She seems (out of everyone) the most wolf-like to me. She mentioned books a few times and even some better books to kill with.

3. Goodnight.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #63
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonariel View Post
She made more than one unkind comment about Lari (while she was still living - RIP) but then that might be too obvious to take your revenge where there are a dozen witnesses who know about your past history.
That is most likely what she wants you to think. She thinks we will all assume it is her then brush her off cause we will all think that she would be too stupid to do it with so many witnesses knowing her past. I think it was Sally.

++Sally
Old 08-03-2009, 09:49 PM   #64
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Nerwen - Only one post so far? Granted she's normally online pretty late, my time, but still...
Well, sweetheart, I tried to start up a conversation, but no one would talk to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Sally - Immeditately tries to clear herself and Boro... one to watch.
I've only just been able to get online and read through the more recent posts. Sally's were making me quite uneasy, even before I got to the part where she votes me for "bad vibes" (based on my one bantering post). Looks very opportunistic to me, when I already had a random vote from Fea.

EDIT: X'd with Nienna and Hakon.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:50 PM   #65
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
*confuzzled* Boro, how did I take on her persona...? But thank you for the love

X'd with: Boro
See you said you X'ed with Fea, when really you x'ed with me. And while I do cross-dress on rare occasions (like when I lose bets), Fea is not one of the people.

Edit: crossed with many, looks like a lot of action...argh why now!? Why not when we were getting 1.5 posts an hour?
Old 08-03-2009, 09:55 PM   #66
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna
I think he makes a really good point about the listers (if they are wolves) not wanting to leave out a fellow wolf. On the other hand it is something a really sneaky wolf might do.
This comment doesn't make me less suspicious at all. If my point was not just good, but really good, then why the "on the other hand"? Doesn't fit together. Also, why comment on my comment on lists in general, and not on my comment about her list in particular?

I don't like the Sally-waggon one bit more than the Nerwen-waggon, therefore, even though I intended to wait with the vote:

++Nienna
Old 08-03-2009, 09:56 PM   #67
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Although she did liken Lari's dress to that of a porn star's. But it is only the first Day, so we'll see...
Nerwen furrowed her brow. "Her dress? Didn't she say she was the president of the Amber Lynn Society?"
Old 08-03-2009, 09:57 PM   #68
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Hakon's tag-along vote for Sally, coming right after Nienna's for the same, looks opportunist in the same way Boro thinks Sally's tag-along vote for Nerwen appears that way. Of the two, I'm inclined to chasten Sally more for this, both because it's earlier and I've come to expect more originality from her--Hakon is still an unknown to me, so I can't comment. Of course, it is still Day 1... but that's a card even I shouldn't overplay.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:03 PM   #69
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
This comment doesn't make me less suspicious at all. If my point was not just good, but really good, then why the "on the other hand"? Doesn't fit together. Also, why comment on my comment on lists in general, and not on my comment about her list in particular?

I don't like the Sally-waggon one bit more than the Nerwen-waggon, therefore, even though I intended to wait with the vote:

++Nienna
Now... I've sat out a lot of these games since I was a carefree pre-university student, and I've not read most of the ones I've missed, so there's a lot of WW-culture current that I'm not up with--but one thing I have picked up on is that Nienna has something of an unreasonable penchant for being unreasonably lynched on Days 1. Which means that, coupled with Mac's almost immediate reply to Nienna's post--a Day-ending post, suggesting she won't be back before the end of the Day to defend herself--I am really not liking Mac's quoted post. It's a little too easy. He sees a couple bandwaggons, says he doesn't like them, and then expresses this by starting--potentially--one of the easiest Day 1 bandwaggons there is?

I'd rather vote for a Sally-- or Nerwen--waggon at this point, than jump on that.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:04 PM   #70
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I see now that Sally's vote X'd with Fea's, so it's not as bad as I thought. I still don't like it, though. But Nienna and Hakon's reasons for voting her are pretty weak too, even for Day One.

EDIT:X'd since my last post.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:04 PM   #71
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

You lot need to think more clearly...getting me riled up like this, this early...

Quote:
Hakon's tag-along vote for Sally, coming right after Nienna's for the same, looks opportunist in the same way Boro thinks Sally's tag-along vote for Nerwen appears that way~Form
I do not think any such thing, and you (meaning everyone left to vote!) should go back and clear your head, before in a spurt of emotions voting in a sally-wagon. That's all.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:17 PM   #72
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
Not a lot to go on. I'm not so sure about the Sally-wagon or the Nerwen-wagon. However I'm not really sure about who to vote for at this time either.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:22 PM   #73
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
I do not think any such thing, and you (meaning everyone left to vote!) should go back and clear your head, before in a spurt of emotions voting in a sally-wagon. That's all.
Oh dear--my abject apologies on that matter. I can't seem to find a post by you to that effect at all... nor can I seem to find it by anyone else, though I have yet just enough faith in my earlier self to assume I wasn't making it up. This is a trifle embarrassing, but as I've had rather a heady weekend, I hope it won't prove trend-setting.

Bother...

*goes to see if he can find whatever post he attributed to Boro*
Old 08-03-2009, 10:25 PM   #74
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I've only just been able to get online and read through the more recent posts. Sally's were making me quite uneasy, even before I got to the part where she votes me for "bad vibes" (based on my one bantering post). Looks very opportunistic to me, when I already had a random vote from Fea.

EDIT: X'd with Nienna and Hakon.
Apparently this is the post... I can only assume, scrolling down below the composition box of that post, that I failed to line up usernames with post properly, because I'm quite sure I've no mental conflation of Nerwen with Boromir--not even one of those similar avatar ones, given that they really don't look anything alike.

Bother it all... I'm tired and making a fool of myself and have a cough now... and I suppose I need to vote for someone...
Old 08-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #75
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Just a note: I will be here until the deadline, and will of course simply vote to save myself if need be. I'd prefer not to have to, though.

As for the votes on me: they're both coming from people (Sally and Fea) who have played with me often, know me as a good player and also know that I have a history of defaulting on the Day One vote (i.e. an easy lynch). I do find that rather suggestive.

EDIT:X'd since Boro.
EDIT2:word left out.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:33 PM   #76
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm here, I'm here. And a bit behind, I must say. I've hardly had time to catch up. I have no idea who to lynch so it's best I make a list...

Who I like:

Who I hate:
Sally
Fea
Hakon
Boro
Autume
Nerwen
Nessa Telrunya
Wilwa
Nienna
Mac
Shasta
Formendacil
Alonariel

In summary, I hate everyone. But unfortunately that won't help me come to a decision.

Give me a few more minutes to decide who I hate more. Be afraid...be very afraid.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:33 PM   #77
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Btw, does anyone have a vote tally?
Old 08-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #78
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Why so quiet? Did I scare everyone away?
Old 08-03-2009, 10:40 PM   #79
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Btw, does anyone have a vote tally?
Fea --> Nerwen.
Sally --> Nerwen (Nerwen 2).
Boro --> autume98. (retracted previous vote for Mac.)
Nienna --> Sally.
Hakon -->Sally (Sally 2)
Mac --> Nienna.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:42 PM   #80
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

*stumbles back in*

Did anyone miss me? Sorry I was gone so long, but I had a fantastic nap. Had the most interesting dream though; I'll have to share it with you toMorrow if I'm still around.

In other news....

Now as you'll all remember I love the attention (who wouldn't?!) but Hakon's vote seems completely....just wrong. Forgetting momentarily that the vote was for me, you'll notice that he only has two posts. In the first he makes a joke about me, then in the second he hops onto Nienna's vote without further discussion. It seems horribly shifty to me. I suppose he is new, but it still creeps me out. A lot.

Back in a moment with a vote count for Brinn if I haven't x'd with one already.

ETA: x'd with helpful Nerwen.