The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #121
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sorry I took so long - I got lost in the caves. Did you know some of them have more than one door? What kind of crazy design is that!

*ahem* Moving on.

I feel quite good so far about Greenie and Rikae - they seem to be reacting genuinely, from what I can tell. Bane is quite well-spoken for a newbie - his/her #113 made sense to me, in a fresh, new kind of way. Pom feels like she's trying to be reasonable and agreeable while actually being nothing of the sort, which makes me raise my eyebrows a bit. I'd have to say she's my top suspect right now.

EDIT: xed since Bane's 117
Old 01-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #122
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
++McCaber
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #123
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Top suspicions:

Cop and Brinn pretty much for their votes, but at the same time I hate actually having to make decisions on Day 1, when it doesn't seem like either will be around for the rest of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
While I don't feel terribly confident in my vote, she has displayed the most suspicious behavior to me so far. By suspicious, I refer to excessive bantering combined with picking up on comments that she could later use as reasons for an easy lynch (like Morsul's comment on Kath). I realize it's weak reasoning, but there's really not much else to go on and I do generally tend to be pretty wary about Nerwen anyway.
I tend to be wary around Nerwen too...and Rikae...and many others, but it's not a reason to vote for them. I read that as "here are some admittedly weak suspicions but Nerwen's also a pretty scary when she's evil." Everyone's potentially perilous, and it's one thing to be wary of someone, but a cop out to use the "well, she always makes me wary anyway" vote.

Granted I'm not doing much stirring of the pot yet, but Nog seems more commentating and non-committal so far. I haven't an idea on what his thoughts about anyone are, other than making clear he's not taking any stance yet on Gil-galad, or Nerwen, or Cop...just making statements that are neither meant as accusations or defenses?

Who I prefer not to see lynched today...

Gil-galad
Nerwen
Rikae

Gil's explained himself a bit clumsily and much of the reasons people have suspected him look like his own doing in insisting what he says will get turned against him. Definitely bears further watching, but currently nostalgia is blocking reasons for finding his actions are of evil purposes.

Nerwen's reaction to the two votes against her is understandable and look innocent, particularly since the votes themselves aren't good. Brinn's "she had too much fun trolling, besides I'm always wary of her" and Gil's "I don't want to add a name to the growing list."

Read Rikae's posts, then read Nog's, for why I have some misgivings about what Nog has contributed so far. Rikae hasn't said a bunch, but has made concrete statements about what she's feeling towards certain players.

Edit: crossed with everyone since Greenie's arrival, also fixing the quote tags.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #124
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
I very much doubt she [Pom] did that without knowing exactly how incongruous it would sound. It is probably to be disregarded if she was joking; it is more than a bit hypocritical if she was serious, but I'm not sure what that points to, if anything.
It feels pretty natural to me that - if she is just a troll that is - after voting and seeing there was another vote to Copper as well, just as the talk around him had started, she felt people should pay attention to it; even if she is herself included. I mean I could have said that if I were in her position.

Then again - and the trouble being - I could have said that also were I a wolf and in her position, just to make myself look considerate. A safe vote would be something a wolf would long for. Maybe a PomWizard thought her vote for Copper was safely reasoned when she sent it, but then seeing Cab's vote made her uneasy and she felt she had to downplay the idea she was bandwagoning, at least in any sneaky fashion?

Okay. Trying to look around for any better ideas...

EDIT: X'd from Lottie onwards aka. this page...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #125
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Anyway, I've got to go now. Voting for

++ McCaber

because of three things. The major one is his Cop-vote; not that he suspected Cop since I do that too, to a certain extent, but his suspicion of her just seems easy and eager, in a way. I agree with his points, but I'm made uneasy by his apparent lack of doubt in their validity, if that makes sense. The two other things: first, a gut feeling (which I am aware won't be helpful to anyone else), and second, his early-Day distortions of what other people had said. (Which might be just interpretations that are different than mine, though.) By themselves these last two things would not qualify for a reason to lynch anyone; it's more that they add to the feeling I got from the Cop-thing.

Sidenote: if Cab is a Wizer, I'd like a close look on Bane and the way he (or she? Which is it?) tried to point me to suspecting Pom over Cab when I said he was the more suspicious of the two.

Anyway, that's it from me toDay. Good Night!
(Or the other way round, whichever way you prefer.)

EDIT: x-ed with everything on this page and probably some more too! Why are you guys posting so fast?
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #126
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Brin #67 How come is Rikae genuine. All she's done is troll around cheerfully and preach that banter is useless and banter about banter more so (which is a helpful observation, but only by so much).
Until Rikae #93 and gut feelings. Hard to say about that though, it feels like keeping low and with little reasoning it's hard to judge its genuinity.
Ok, now I'm clearly looking more closely at Rikae, so let's see what else there is.
Rikae #109 and I agree with her defense of Copper. More substance, but still no special genuine vibe.
I've forgot your Day1 strategy (mainly whether you're an optimist or pessimist concerning them), but toDay, you feel like potentially swimming under the radar, which feels somewhat off.

xd with #118 and the rest.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #127
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
DL falls in the midst of the workday, which I should have known would be a pitfall.

I don't like Gil's reasoning, but I've never played with him before, so I'm willing to let him pass for to(Day?Night?).

I'm not particularly keen on going for Nerwen at the moment, so I''ll make it

++Pom

for the vote on Cop, and the odd remark about watching everyone else.

x/d with last three
Old 01-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #128
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I can definitely see where the Cabbie suspicion is coming from...but I don't think I remember a McWolf acting like that. His behavior so far seems more like an ordo than a wolf. A wolf would care a bit more how he comes off, and I don't see this game's Cabbie doing that.

EDIT: xed with Volo and Zil
Old 01-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #129
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Granted I'm not doing much stirring of the pot yet, but Nog seems more commentating and non-committal so far. I haven't an idea on what his thoughts about anyone are, other than making clear he's not taking any stance yet on Gil-galad, or Nerwen, or Cop...just making statements that are neither meant as accusations or defenses?
Hah. I just haven't had time enough to actually think about things this Day but just to skim through and make some fast general comments. You know when I have time I tend to argue this way or that whether I'm an innocent or a wolf (or even a gifted) so it's less about my role than my time.

Which said I'll try to go back checking at least something for the last hour.

EDIT: You guys post fast indeed! *Good old times come to mind*
Old 01-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #130
Ozban
Haunting Spirit

Ozban has just left Hobbiton.
++McCaber

I dislike his vote, rather too convenient and opportunistic. And his input up to that strikes me like attempt to make himself seen, yet adding nothing of value. Still we are at Day1 and I never played with him.
As to my previous doubts of Gil. I'd rather watch him somewhat longer. But still is high on my list 'to inspect'.

Xed with everyone since Nog #124.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #131
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

I don't suspect Cabbie. I think all three waves of suspicion (against Gil, Copper, and Cabbie) are too easy and, if not fueled by Wizardly trickery, at the very least unwise. I'm going to go ahead and vote

++Pom

because I do suspect her (...him?), and I think this is the most reasonable alternative to the bandwagons I don't agree with.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #132
Volo

#58 Coppermirror--> Boro (1)
#60 Morsul--> Kath (1)
#67 Brinn--> Nerwen (1)
#73 Gil--> Nerwen (2)
#101 Cab--> Coppermirror (1)
#102 Pom--> Coppermirror (2) [xd w/ 101]
#122 Rikae--> McCaber (1)
#125 Green--> McCaber (2) [xd w/ 122]
#127 Inziladun--> Pom (1) [xd w/ 125]
#130 Ozban--> McCaber (3) [xd w/ 125, 127]
#131 Loslote--> Pom (2)

Ok, time went by too quickly and most of the votes have been cast. Nerwen I'm not sure about, but Pom feels more genuine (although I haven't gone through her posts as carefully), McCaber is more on the naughty side compared to the others.

xd since 132

Last edited by Volo; 01-22-2013 at 03:21 PM. Reason: didn't actually x with anyone :D
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #133
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Well, now there is a counter-Cop wagon, to bus McCaber to the front. At least the voting should be revealing for the next Night. It's hard to determine any alignments right now with no hard evidence (in the form of at least one proven innocent or a proven wizard)...but there will be lots of voting to look at.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #134
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Firstly (well the latest thought), I'm a bit worried about Greenie (news!). Without being able to really read and delve into this toDay I'm feeling more or less anguished while thinking I need to vote in 45 minutes, not knowing where to look for or where to concentrate my effort, while Greenie seems to have ample time to make detailed and plausible "case" for her vote even if she - according to hr - only came online a while ago and has already left. I know she's bright and sharp (thence not a troll! ) but it seems a bit too confident what becomes to how she used her time here toDay - the wolves, well the Wizards, know how to use their time unlike us.

Secondly I still suspect Gil for which seemed like he only slowly came forwards with his scheme of testing Nerwen. It is clear that if one tries to test someone one shouldn't say it immediately when voting that "I'm just testing", but with Gil it felt like he only got around that explanation with time (I might need to check that actually to be sure).

Pom I suspect a little, mostly becasue of her careful adding of look at the possible bandwagon after she noticed McCab had voted for Copper as well making her look like a bandwagoner...

Of those earliest votes I'm not yet so suspicious of. As yet.

I'm more bothered by all the people who fly under our radars at the moment... like Volo, Sally, Lottie, Zil... not that I'd have a hunch they'd be wolves, but because nobody notices them (me neither).

EDIT: X'd with a couple of votes etc...
Old 01-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #135
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Pom I suspect a little, mostly becasue of her careful adding of look at the possible bandwagon after she noticed McCab had voted for Copper as well making her look like a bandwagoner...
A sentence that makes no sense...

Let's make it anew.

Pom I suspect a little, mostly because of her careful adding of the idea that we should look at the possible bandwagon for Copper after she noticed McCab had voted for him as well, thus making her look like a bandwagoner...

Hope it makes sense now.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #136
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I can't see my mind changing much in the next 30 minutes, so might as well go now and see what shakes out...

++Coppermirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
I'm more bothered by all the people who fly under our radars at the moment... like Volo, Sally, Lottie, Zil... not that I'd have a hunch they'd be wolves, but because nobody notices them (me neither).
I agree with these sentiments (plus would add Shasta), but at this point, to dwell and consider those names today would be safe and throwaways. I think particularly in sally, Lottie, and Zil's case. They seem more hampered by time, they are normally not names who stay under the radar...even if they can get entish in taking a while to warm up/get moving. Volo, much about his playing I've forgotten.

With you and me here though, you should also know they won't be able to sit on their hands for long.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #137
Volo

Ok, Nerwen is the one I find the most suspicious of those who have votes and will vote for her to save McCaber if I can't agree with someone on a more suspicious character. Due to so much submarineing, I don't feel confident about there being a Wizer in the voted lot.

Last edited by Volo; 01-22-2013 at 03:38 PM. Reason: xd w Boro
Old 01-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #138
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Two hours to go in the day and Sally finally thinks to call me and let me know the game's started.
I'm sorry, doll. I'd forgotten you were playing for a bit, or I'd have phoned you sooner.

I am highly suspicious of anyone who says "let's be suspicious of anyone who voted X" in the post right after they vote for that person. Why is Pom somehow special enough to be above reproach for voting Cop? I understand the x'ing issue, but it really, really rubs me the wrong way. I'm going to take a quick look at Cabbie before I decide though, as I've not paid any sort of attention to him.

x'd since Nog's #135
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #139
Volo

++Nerwen
This is a bandwagon. McCaber and Pom are less suspicious and they're up to 3 votes, so this is to counter that. Also, lots of talk, little reasoning.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #140
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

With Cab I'm most bothered about his last answer where he says he voted early because he doesn't like the last ten minute surprises while a) voting hours before the DL, and b) still had over an hour to hang around and post after his vote.

I need to check back about Copper next, as to how bad his vote was to compare to these later developements.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #141
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
++Pom

Because I just can't get over her obvious attempt to bandwagon.

Granted, Volo just admitted to doing the same thing, but that'll be an issue we can address toMorrow....

x'd with Nog
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:46 PM   #142
Ozban
Haunting Spirit

So now McCab, Cop, Nerwe and Pom tie at three votes. Interesting. But I have a feeling much will change before deadline yet.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #143
Volo

In my preveous post I my thought that Pom instead of Copper had 3 votes. Copper didn't raise any alarms except for concentrating on something not very helpful.

Last edited by Volo; 01-22-2013 at 03:50 PM. Reason: xd with everything since my last post
Old 01-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #144
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Who is yet to vote? This tie is really adding to the tension. 10 minutes to go, hopefully we won't be making history and having a mass 4-troll lynching on the first day.

Last edited by Gil-Galad; 01-22-2013 at 03:50 PM. Reason: xed:with Vol
Gil-Galad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:51 PM   #145
Bane Mantra
Newly Deceased

Bane Mantra has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
Due to so much submarineing, I don't feel confident about there being a Wizer in the voted lot.
I can agree with this reasoning, from a more mathematical standpoint: there are 5 trolls for whom votes have been cast. Roughly a fifth of us. Out of those, there's a 1 in 4 chance that one will be a Wizzard, which results in a roughly 4% chance of lynching a ruddy rotten Wizzard toDayNight.

As I've said, however, there are so many of us that our lynching probability will be low tonight, but DayNight1 isn't about certainty, it's about lynching the most likely to be a Wizzard.

I admit to having a slight handicap toDayNight, as many references have been made to playstyle, and my being very very new doesn't give me an aid in hunting Wizzards. ToMorrow, I'm sure I'll have more to say, analyzing the Wizzards' kill and the voting patterns of toDayNight and such. Is this a cop out? A little bit, I'll admit, but I can promise you I won't cop out like this again.

Pom is my number one suspect, but even then I have little to go on - her bandwagoning and then incongruous statement about watching Cop's voters is very strange, the strangest thing to go down toDayNight.

Also, to avoid confusion, I am male.

x'ed with Oz, Volo and Gil
Old 01-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #146
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Of the four people currently on the chopping block, I feel most bad about -

++Pom

I haven't had a chance to thoroughly absorb the thread yet, so this vote is based a lot on pure gut + bandwagoning. If I'm alive tomorrow, I hope to participate more - I apologize for not realizing the game had started.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #147
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay.

Maybe we are reading different threads - or then I'm losing something - but where did this meme start from that Copper said his vote was not random, or that it was well substantiated somehow? I mean he says it's gut-feeling...

What I find him saying is these:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper
If I vote soon, I'll be voting for Boro, based on gut feelings. There isn't enough info so far for me to make a better reasoned guess. Unfortunately I'll probably be voting before we get to the substance of the day.
Quote:
Okay, I have to vote immediately, and it's better to vote than not to vote at all. So: ++Boromir. Reasons: gut feeling, and the fact his only two comments had little content. (Downside to this: it's reasonable to assume that he'll post more later, so I can't take the latter into consideration too much.)
But it's down to Boro, a random vote, or abstaining from voting right now, so Boro it is. I'm aware that it's not the best reasoning.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #148
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'll add...

++ McCaber

So it's Pom now (first with as many votes) with which I agree - so any further votes could be telling us something.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #149
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
DEADLINE.

Please stop trolling. I will double-check the votes and the narration, along with the revelation of the role of the lynchee, will be posted soon (like in half an hour at most).

EDIT: My half an hour became only slightly more than half an hour, but hope it did not destroy anyone's life
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 01-22-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #150
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Day 1 morning

Now that the trolls became aware of the threat they were facing (even though it took a bit longer to the exceptionally dumb ones, who began talking only in late night hours before dawn), they started arguing which way was the best in determining who were those Wizards that were hiding in their midst.

"Let's taste each other, an' whoever tastes different, must be a Wizer!" Vol suggested.
So they started licking each other, but since trolls either taste like stone, or they taste rather awful even to other trolls, they soon stopped, especially after the argument became who tastes different or who seems to taste different than others.

"No good lickin' each other," said Oz at last. "Say we all turn around to stand on our heads having arm on us belly singing or reciting. Whoever manages is a Wizzer."

And so they did, and it was a pretty funny sight to see a cave full of trolls standing on their heads, but it was quiet, because trolls seldom sing and they cannot recite, especially when they are standing on their heads with their arms on their bellies. Needless to say, their arms can't sing either, and the Wizards were not so stupid as the trolls thought they would be and did not reveal themselves.

"I know a foolproof way to find out which of us are the good-for-everything, hoity toity wizards," Sal finally exclaimed. "Everyone hold up their feet! Whoever be wearing shoes is the traitor, an' whoever be wearing fancy shoes is a Wizard!"
But sadly, trolls rarely wear shoes, and the Wizards were clever enough to know that. So in the end, the trolls started arguing again and no clear course of action could be decided, even after Gil suggested he could try to sniff the Wizards out. It was really impossible, given the stench inside the troll cave, especially after all of them had held their feet up for some time.

It was Bane who finally came up with an idea that got the attention of others.
"Everybody knows that wizzards have beards," he said. "So that's what we've gots ter do, find a troll wiv facial hair and squash 'im into jelly ter spread on some nice, maggoty bread!"
The reaction he got, however, was not the one he would have expected.
"Bread?" screamed Brin. "Jus' bread? No meat?"
"I'm 'ungry," Mors suddenly said, probably reminded by the mention of food. "Let's just 'ave a dinner an' go to sleep."
"'tis always good if you can eat sum-un," Kat agreed.
"Bu' we 'aven't caught us a Wizzer yet," said Nog, looking more puzzled than usually.
"'ey, wha' if we ate a Wizzer!" Pom shouted.
"It ain't a bad idea," said Bore. "I ate a wizer once. Er it may 'ave been a lizer."
"Oi! I never et a Wizzer," said Cab. "Oi hears they can gobbles down a troll quick as ye loike. Say we gobbles um!"
"Let's get the pot boilin'," said Cop. "I'm tired of mutton."
"Blimey," Nerve agreed, "what self-respectin' she-troll wants stringy mutton to gnaw on when there's man-flesh to be had?"
"The only good Wizer is a dead Wizer," Lot agreed. "Or a roasted Wizer. Or a boiled Wizer. Or maybe a stewed Wizer."
"Bu' who should we roast, or boil, or stew?" Green asked.
"Lumme, if I knows!" Rick exclaimed.
"Pom o'er here looks like she 'as the most fat," said Lad.
The trolls all started shouting on top of each other, and most of all Pom, who suddenly didn't find the idea of having a dinner made of one of the cave denizens that appealing. But so furious and so hungry were the trolls, that before she could try to run or do something, four of them grabbed her and flung her into the boiling water.

First, nothing happened. Actually, only then nothing happened. Pom's body remained floating in the water, totally dead from the shock.

"Blimey," someone said, but then suddenly Pom's body started changing, her skin becoming less stone-colored and her hair lenghtening, and a long beard appeared on her chin. By then, the collective yells of "Blimey!" echoed through the cave.
"Looks like a supper for us! We got you, Wizzer!" the trolls shouted in unison and started feasting.

"Is it mornin' aww-ready?" Shaz yawned, waking up briefly from his overlong slumber.
"Yes, it is, ainnit," the others replied and soon all of them crawled to their corners and fell asleep.

~*~

Dumb and Dead
Thinlómien, "Lom", dispatched by the Wizards as a threat on Night 1
Legate of Amon Lanc, "Leg", dispatched by the Wizards as a threat on Night 1
Pomegranate, "Pom", a Wizard, boiled and eaten on Day 1

Dumb and Walking
A Little Green, "Green"
Bane Mantra, "Bane"
Boromir88, "Bore"
Brinniel, "Brin"
Coppermirror, "Cop"
Gil-Galad, "Gil"
Inziladun, "Lad"
Kath, "Kat"
Loslote, "Lot"
McCaber, "Cab"
Morsul the Dark, "Mors"
Nerwen, "Nerve"
Nogrod, "Nog"
Ozban, "Oz"
Rikae, "Rick"
satansaloser2005, "Sal"
Shastanis Althreduin, "Shaz"
Volo, "Vol"

~*~

Night 2 falls. Clever troll, Insomniac troll, Purse-troll, send us your picks. Wizzers, start plotting. Others, sleep.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #151
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Day 2 awakening

As the dawn broke and the trolls crawled into their beds, the three wizards only pretended to go to sleep and left the cave as soon as they dared. They were not very happy, and for understandable reasons - they had first lost their hats and now one of their own.

"This is insufferable!" one of them exclaimed.
"It is time to do something about it," another agreed.
"Indeed! It is time to show these trolls that they should not meddle in the affairs of wizards," said the last one, quite forgetting who had started meddling with whose affairs in the first place. But as wizards are never late, they are never wrong either, so it would be pointless to argue.

With their righteous cause in their minds, the three wizards sat down on a fallen tree and started discussing the best way to act. One drew his pipe (claiming it helped him think) much to the disapproval of another and the third in turn was much too fascinated with the birdsong and the daylight and all the other things he missed sorely in the dark cave full of smelly trolls. Soon they figured out their discussion was not very fruitful, so they decided to follow their noses. The wizard with the keenest smell went first and the others followed in his wake. They crept into the cave, assuming shadowy shapes as only masters of shape can. Their steps were almost as quiet as those of hobbit-feet, but even if they had stomped like stone-giants, there would've been little chance that someone would have woken: the trolls were used to sleeping in the eardrum-breaking noise of trollish snoring.

They went around the cave, trying to figure out who smelled the worst. It was a tough task, as all the trolls stank worse than most things the wizards had ever smelled in their long and eventful lives. Finally, they stopped near one of the sleepers whose smell they considered the foulest.

"What shall we do with him?" asked the first wizard in a hoarse whisper.
"I did not think that far," the second one confessed.
"I have an idea," said the third one. "An idea of a revenge. They boiled one of us, so we boil one of them."
"I am afraid we do not have big enough a kettle," said the first wizard.
"We do not need it," said the third wizard darkly. "One of you stand guard here, the other one follow me. I have a plan."

The first wizard stayed - although he really wasn't happy about the smell - while the second and the third wizard went back out. The third wizard took one of the troll's smaller kettles as they went. He told his fellow to make a fire and disappeared, then came back with the kettle full of water. The wizards boiled the water and then they slowly crept back to the cave with the steaming kettle, cursing quietly under their beards.

What welcomed them was something they did not expect. Not yet very far from the entrance, a sound of running footsteps met them, followed by their colleague running for his life.
"Back! Back away!" he shouted. "There's somebody awake! A troll was standing guard in the shadows, crept right behind me, I did not hear him over all that snoring! I just barely dodged his club!"
The other two wizards hesitated, then a yell from deep in the cave confirmed the first wizard's story:
"Ye won't be a-boilin' no one! Come an' get me, ye walkin' beards!"
The wizards looked at each other. They did not dare to go back and start a fight in the middle of the cave; if all the trolls woke up and saw them standing there, there could be no thinking of escape.

"I fear we cannot do anything more today," the second wizard said at long last. His fellows nodded solemnly.
"I wonder if those creatures are more clever than we thought," added the third. "Come, let us once again blend into shadows. We must be patient. Their time will come."

They left the still warm kettle in the mouth of the cave and disappeared into the darkness.

~*~

Dumb and Dead
Thinlómien, "Lom", dispatched by the Wizards as a threat on Night 1
Legate of Amon Lanc, "Leg", dispatched by the Wizards as a threat on Night 1
Pomegranate, "Pom", a Wizard, boiled and eaten on Day 1

Dumb and Walking
A Little Green, "Green"
Bane Mantra, "Bane"
Boromir88, "Bore"
Brinniel, "Brin"
Coppermirror, "Cop"
Gil-Galad, "Gil"
Inziladun, "Lad"
Kath, "Kat"
Loslote, "Lot"
McCaber, "Cab"
Morsul the Dark, "Mors"
Nerwen, "Nerve"
Nogrod, "Nog"
Ozban, "Oz"
Rikae, "Rick"
satansaloser2005, "Sal"
Shastanis Althreduin, "Shaz"
Volo, "Vol"

~*~

Day 2 starts. Wizzers, stop PMing. Everyone, start posting. Those of you who did not vote yesterDay are well advised to vote toDay, or risk a modfire.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #152
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Woot woot. Great start everyne one wizard down ranger save last night awesome let's keep it rolling.

Sorry for low participation on Night 1 had to work a double... ToNight will be better early plus I'll have a few hours before DL.

Looking over Night one will post comments.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #153
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Hey, nice job Ranger!

And a good break yesterDay too. Questions: do we have Wizards among the Pom voters? Or among others who may have been trying to save her? Or, very possibly, both?

x/d with Morsul
Old 01-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #154
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Hey, nice job Ranger!

And a good break yesterDay too. Questions: do we have Wizards among the Pom voters? Or among others who may have been trying to save her? Or, very possibly, both?

x/d with Morsul
Well, we know Pom was right about there being at least one who voted for CM.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #155
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I would say, look most at people who don't try to save her, and are vaguely supportive of those who suspect her, but try to steer the lynch another way. One example comes to mind, which jumped out at me as fishy after I read the narration last Night/Day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I'll add...

[highlight*]++ McCaber[/highlight*]

So it's Pom now (first with as many votes) with which I agree - so any further votes could be telling us something.
He seems to be in favor of lynching Pom, but he's at the same time trying to push another candidate. As the situation sat, he'd just tied the two with Bane at least both around and still to vote. If he wanted to save a packmate without taking any ridiculous risks, that would be the way to go.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:53 PM   #156
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Thoughts Part 1

First general thought: While not conclusive obviously I don't think any Pom voters are Wizards with 19 players it would be too early to throw another under the bus very easy to hide in a different wagon.

A Little Green, "Green"- Showed up late but came out swinging voted Cab but levels some suspicion on Pom and Copp may wanted to look innocent suspecting Pom but voted an innocent Cab.

Bane Mantra, "Bane"- Generally considers more posts innocent but will try not to letthe sway him. Ended up not voting. but Pom was top suspect. Playing innocent suspecting pom but not contributing to lynch? use math gained brownie points from me.

Boromir88, "Bore" Found Cop's vote bothersome found mine less so. (going to borrow your red shirt reference later here ) Agrees Gil is a defensive. Wants to see voting result to analyze Vote's Cop.

Brinniel, "Brin"- argues against banter, will vote early. Votes Nerwen for general suspiciousness and bantering.

Coppermirror, "Cop"- - Voted early for Boro who had only to two straight up banter posts. Certainly to watch.

Gil-Galad, "Gil"- - His vote on Nerwen is flimsy at best and the whole Red Shirt defense... I've used that to good effect as both an ordo and wolf but to push it as far as this hmmm.... Watching you

Inziladun, "Lad"- Finds Gil's vote odd. Votes Pom more suspicious than other two pushing Pom into the lead seems innocent.

will finish the list in a few minutes brain tired.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #157
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
He seems to be in favor of lynching Pom, but he's at the same time trying to push another candidate. As the situation sat, he'd just tied the two with Bane at least both around and still to vote. If he wanted to save a packmate without taking any ridiculous risks, that would be the way to go.
Yeah, I found that really sketchy, too. And not just because it was me he was voting for. But Nog claimed to agree that lynching Pom was what he wanted, while at the same time leavin his options open in case someone felt like swooping in at the last minute to change the game.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #158
Ozban
Haunting Spirit

Good Morn-night. Great results so far. Compliments go to the Insomniac.

I agree with Loslote that Nog's last minute vote isn't clear. He supposedly agreed with lynching Pom, but actually cast for McCab eventhough he must have suspected it will change nothing. His vote made Pom 'n' Cab tie at four. Which in light of 'first total reached' rule might seem meaningless, on the other hand he could have genuinely believe some else will vote in that last minute.

As for others, I have a few thoughts on some early Day1 posts, that (in light of Pom being Wizz) may seem suspicious. But I'll elaborate on the morrrow, it's quite late here.

That said, I'll probably not be here much to-day/night. Got busy day ahead of me, but should attend in the evening.

So long.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #159
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Part 2

Kath, "Kat"- While she was my vote my vote was based on two very vague possibilities just went with limited info because I had to vote early. throws a completely throw away line of suspicion. And then goes silent...

Loslote, "Lot"- Very quiet impressed with Bane likes greenie and Rikae Defends Cab Votes Pom but is only the second vote so could be a vote not for an innocent Cab may have though Cab was a sure lynch

McCaber, "Cab"- -my logic was thin but stronger than Cabs exageration of Kaths suspicion. very suspicious. But I think probably innocent if the votes in his wagon include wizards

Morsul the Dark, "Mors"- Voted for Kath very weak evidence all there was to go on when I had to vote...

Nerwen, "Nerve"- -No vote, Shock Took a pummeling from gil with poise. Quite a bit of Banter will keep an eye on.

Nogrod, "Nog"- Really laid into Pom and GIl then voted Cab which seemed to contradict a lot of what he'd said before.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #160
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
Well, we know Pom was right about there being at least one who voted for CM.
Yes indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I would say, look most at people who don't try to save her, and are vaguely supportive of those who suspect her, but try to steer the lynch another way. One example comes to mind, which jumped out at me as fishy after I read the narration last Night/Day...

I see your point. I want to look more closely at Nog, but there are certainly others worthy of consideration as well, the McCaber voters among them. Was Rikae the first of those? I don't remember, and don't have time to check right now, but her vote, from what I recall, seemed fairly innocent.