Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2003, 07:44 PM   #121
Lumiel

Lumiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

*Lumiel looked around, feeling a bit claustrophobic in the crowd, since she wasn't used to such large numbers of people. As she made her way towards the food, she saw once again the hobbit named Carie. She stopped and spoke to her, somewhat loud to be heard over the other people*

"Hello, you're Carie, right? I must say, you have good taste. The workmanship is beautiful on that dress. My name is Lumiel Rovalhir."

*She smiled warmly and her eyes went from the bright blue they had been when she spoke to Bilbo to a light moss green. She extended a hand to Carie and they shook hands*

"Hello, Lumiel. It's good to meet you. Right now I'm looking for the landlady, Miss Piosenniel. Have you seen her?" Carie asked.

"No, not recently I haven't. But maybe I can help you look for her. If I see her I'll tell her that you're looking for her."
Old 01-16-2003, 08:29 PM   #122
Artalwen
Haunting Spirit

Artalwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Artalwen
Sting

Carie smiled wide. "Thank ye ever much. I am pleased to meet ye. By the way, your eyes are very beautiful. I noticed them earlier, I love the way they change colors."

Lumiel smiled warmly. "Thank you. It was such a pleasure to meet you."

They parted, and Carie noticed the owner near the counters, talking to some of the servers of the food. Carie hustled over, trying not to hit anyone with her violin case.

"Miss Piosenniel! I'm glad I found you. I was really hoping...I brought my violin...maybe you'd like for me to play? I'm really good, honest!" Carie asked.

Arawyn wandered around, weaving around the guests, and noticed a large clusture around an old hobbit.

Must be the Bilbo everyone's excited to see!

She saw a server carrying around drinks for the guests, and went and took one, and sipped at it, as she continued wandering around. She sat down in an empty chair near the fire.

"Hello." A nice hobbit said, who was sitting next to her.

"Hello." Arawyn exchanged greetings.

"Who may you be? I am Frodo." The hobbit, Frodo, said, smiling.

"Ay! You must be one of the hobbits this party is for! I am Arawyn. I am so pleased to meet you! I have heard much about you and your friends." Arawyn replied. She smoothed out the wrinkles in the skirt of her dress, and drank the last bit of her drink.

"Ah, yes. All of middle earth by now probably has heard our tale. It's nice to be recognized once in awhile." Frodo said, staring into the fire.

"Aye. It was nice meeting you, Frodo." Arawyn said.

"Nice to meet you also, Arawyn." Frodo replied.
The flowering stars, on crowns they hung
The dragon fire, in twisted wire
They meshed the light of moon and sun."
-verse from a song found in 'The Hobbit'-
Old 01-16-2003, 10:06 PM   #123
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Snowdrop continued giving out wine and ale. "the finest this is..." she would say "brewed and stored at the Morningside Vinyards, of my very own family!"

"Too true!" yelled Bilbo from the corner where he was talking with other hobbits. Snowdrop smiled adn placed down the tray she was holding.

"Who shall care to dance with me!!" She called throughout the room..

Umbria looked releaved as she spoke to Pio "you are braver than you know Pio. You have a gift. May your life, your lord and your young be watched by the Valar always."

She turned her sharp gray gaze to Narello who was sitting by the fire. Slowly she walked over to him.

"You are older than your appearence leads mortals to believe, though I am not fooled. I do not believe Awrygan introduced us. I am Umbria, sometime I am called Angalossiel by the Slivan elves, of which I am born of. Though in Gondor, I am known as The Everdawn. How do you come to the Shire, my friend?"

[ January 16, 2003: Message edited by: Everdawn ]

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-16-2003, 10:42 PM   #124
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Nurumaiel noticed there was some dancing going on. She blushed and ducked her head, dreading the moment when Bilbo would ask her to sing a song in Elvish. When she looked up again, she saw a very familiar face.

"Frodo Baggins?" she said. "I didn't see you!" She was tempted to say something teasing to him, as she had always done in the old days, but she didn't tease him anymore. Not now.

"Go on..." said Frodo, looking at her half defiantly.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"I know what you wanted to say. Say it." He grinned wickedly at her. "Go on... I'll start for you... 'Have you...'" He stopped and waited for her to finish.

"Have you joined the side of the orcs and eaten up Hobbiton yet?" asked Nuru, blushing the whole way.

"No, I haven't," he said with a grin. "More importantly... have you?"

They laughed together, and suddenly Frodo felt someone tapping him on the shoulder. He turned and found himself face to face with a little hobbit girl standing on a chair so she could be level with him. "You Frodo?" she asked.

"Yes," said Frodo, looking rather startled.

"Well, maybe I should introduce myself. I'm Don-" she thought it safer not to tell him her real name, for he might call her 'Donnamira' or 'Donna' "-and I'm Bilbo's best friend!"

"Ah really," said Frodo with an amused smile.

"Yes!" said Don defiantly. Of course she knew she wasn't Bilbo's best friend, but she wanted to startle everyone. Unfortunately she had failed, so she tried again. "I bet you're his worst friend."

Frodo didn't look anything but amused, so she gave up, sitting down and sighing. "Everybody's dancing, you know," she said. "I want to dance with someone, but there are no other children."

"What about Sam's?" asked Frodo.

"Well, I don't know if I like them..." said Don hesitantly. "They didn't talk to me."

Just then the door to the party room flew open and two hobbit lasses came running in. Primrose Tussock was the name of one, and she grinned at Bilbo hurriedly and then threw her arms around Cami. They had met each other when Cami was very young.

The second was Robin Brandybuck, who immediately went up to Frodo and demanded, "Have you joined the side of the orcs and eaten up Hobbiton yet?"

"Eaten Hobbiton?" Don asked, startled. She turned to Frodo and looked at him closely. "Your mouth doesn't look big enough to do that."

"Just a joke we have."

"Oh." Don jumped off the chair. "I have to go find Rie now," she said. "I told her I'd only be gone for a little while. I just wanted to meet you. Bye!"

"Dinodas is coming later," said Robin hurriedly. "We weren't going to come at all, seeing as we weren't invited, but Primrose was invited and she invited us. So I came, and Dinodas is on the way. He's trying to convince his sister Ann to come. But she was feeling sick earlier today so she's not sure that she will." Having told all there was to tell, Robin hurried off to get some food.

Primrose walked over to Frodo. "Hello, Frodo," she said. "How do you like the party?"

"It's wonderful."

"Better than the surprise party we had for you?"

Frodo smiled softly at the recollection. "In all truth, Prim, I'd have to say it was about the same. The same people are making it wonderful... you, Cami..."

Primrose smiled hugely at him and then introduced herself to Nuru. At last she skipped off, saying she was going to see if she could get a dance.

"Well," said Nuru, standing up. "I'd better get out of the way. There are many people anxious to meet you and I wouldn't want to prevent them. But, Frodo, if they start crowding you too much (you are a famous hobbit, after all) just call Robin and she'll take care of it."

And that was quite true. Robin could really be... evil... if she wanted to. But at the moment she was also trying to find a dance.
Old 01-16-2003, 10:56 PM   #125
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

By all means!’ said Pio to Derufin, as she positioned the plate between them. ‘You had better pay attention, though, I am still quite ravenous.’ She tucked into her half of the plate with a relish and soon was stretched back in the chair, her feet on another, almost purring with contentment. Derufin laughed at this image of her, and went on eating his half the food in more civil manner.

A young Hobbit, one Carie by name, came up and asked if she might play some music. ‘Oh, please do. And make it dancing music if you can. We need to shake off the sleepiness that follows so much good food and drink.’

Amaranthas banged her cane on the floor in complete agreement. ‘Get out there you young sprout!’ she said, pushing Carie toward the cleared off dance area with her cane. ‘Play us some music I can keep time to with my feet!’ She turned to Pio and confided, ‘I was quite the dancer in my younger days, you know.’ Pio winked at her and nodded her head. ‘I should think you were!’

The music began, and Pio watched the guests take the floor - in twos and threes and even by themselves if the mood struck them. Across the room, near the bar, she spied Cami, looking puzzled and a little lost. ‘That cannot be her reaction to such wondrous news.’ thought Pio.

She excused herself, leaving Derufin to the able company of Amaranthas, and walked to where her friend stood. Hooking her arm through Cami’s she herded her through the kitchen and out the back door for a breath of cool night air. The stars were shining brightly in the new year’s sky.

‘Look, Cami!’ She pointed toward the star that hung low on the western horizon.’ Eärendil rides the oceans of the night.’ She pulled the woman close to her, keeping her warm. ‘Did I let you read the letter that Mithadan sent me? I cannot remember if I had. It has been so busy here of late.’ She shared the contents of it with her, telling her that she had written back to him, urging him to come.

‘It will be six months until the babies are born. And it will take just a little less than that for him to receive the letter and then ride here. I cannot wait to have him near again. It has been too long.’

She heard a small sniffle and saw the hasty hand that reached to brush away the stray tear. ‘You miss him, don’t you?’ she said softly. ‘Your Beren . . . And you have the right of that, I think.’ She felt the small woman stiffen beside her.

‘You are much in my thoughts these days, dear friend. I drink in your spirit as I can, knowing that all too soon you will be called away to your task. And I will have a final parting from you. I would replace my sorrow with some joyful memory of you at the last.' She studied her friend’s face in the pale, silvered light of the stars.

‘There is hope, adaneth. Where there is love, there is hope. It was a lesson I learned well.’ Silence stretched out between them.

The door to the yard opened suddenly and the light and sounds of the party poured out from within. Derufin called to Pio. ‘Bilbo and Frodo wish to see you for a moment. Shall I tell them you will come?’

She said ‘yes’ to him. And walked slowly in with Cami beside her. ‘Come with me. she said, smiling at Cami and taking her arm once again. ‘Let us go see what the dear Hobbits want . . .’

[ January 16, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-16-2003, 11:02 PM   #126
Carrûn
Wight

Carrûn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
"You are older than your appearence leads mortals to believe, though I am not fooled. I do not believe Awrygan introduced us. I am Umbria, sometime I am called Angalossiel by the Slivan elves, of which I am born of. Though in Gondor, I am known as The Everdawn. How do you come to the Shire, my friend?"
Nárello glanced up at the gray eyed elf who had spoken to him. "I walked," he said shortly and a bit crossly. Seeing that this would not satisfy her he continued, trying not to give out to much information about the dark man Umbria spoke of. "I came down from the North. Encai...Awyrgan found me. He took me to a camp of other men and then he left. He didn't want to stay. I wander around now. The Shire is a nice place to stay quiet and there's lots of food. Once in a while I see Awyrgan. I tell him things I see and he teaches me things or tells me stories. One time he gave me this." He shifted his jerkin to reveal a small, well designed dagger.

When he was sure no one was watching he pulled it out, spun in around his hand and then placed it back in its hidden sheath. He grinned. "He taught me how to use it. Older boys in Bree leave me alone now. I like Bree, lots of stories. I've only been to this place twice. I want to leave soon but I think Awyrgan told them to watch me for a while."

[ January 17, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 01-16-2003, 11:13 PM   #127
Eruantalon
Wight

Eruantalon has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eruantalon
Sting

Now as Elwen was about to tell her story one walked in to the inn.Elwens eyes flashed with care and delight.A wave of happyness was about the fair lady now.So much that now Erulon was warmed by the new company.

Elwen asked if the lady could sit.Before they could say andything she was already seated.Witch was fine by them.Fairest of ladys where rare.Now there where two sitting in there company.Never in my life have I met one of her kind.Yet today I have met two now.

This second one now I see her more closely.She looks so much like her.But soon I will have to go.
Old 01-16-2003, 11:59 PM   #128
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Umbria smiled at the Narello. "You are full of life arent you" she put a hand on his head "And brave" she commented. "you wish not to tell me too much about yourself, in fear giving too much infomation of your friend Awrygan"

She stared right into the boys eyes "Few can hide thoughts from me." She reached for a broach in the pocket of her robes, a blue gem set in the middle among the sun.

"I want you to have this, and I shall name you Enien, in my tongue, you see that man who is here with me, he is my liege, and you remind me of him when he was a child. Keep your spirit and you will become strong, like Awrygan one day."

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-17-2003, 01:39 AM   #129
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Piosenniel led her friend gently over to the table where Bilbo and Frodo sat waiting. Cami sat down slowly, wondering if she was finally going to get some answers to her questions, and find out exactly what her friends had in mind for her.

But, as luck would have it, just at that instant, Laurie came running up, waving her hands wildy in the air. "Oh, Miss Cami, we have such a problem in the kitchen. One of Samwise's children, I believe it was Goldilocks, has crawled into the laundry chute, and gotten stuck. We could pull her out from the other end, only somebody locked the closet where the chute comes out, and we can't get to it."

"Miss Rose is quite desperate and needs your help. She begs you to come with a key to unlock the door so they can pull Goldie out."

Cami had to struggle to keep a straight face. She had gotten stuck in a laundry chute or two in her own day, and thought that the young hobbit would probably be none the worse for wear. Still, she couldn't leave her dangling like that. Indeed, Cami thought, if this Inn was the place where dreams and reality crossed, it said some very strange things about what reality might mean, at least as far as her own life was concerned.

"Excuse me," she signed. "I'd best go help Miss Goldie, or Samwise and Rose will have my neck."

Bilbo looked at her and smiled. "Still pulling little ones out of harm's way. Some things never change. No hurry. I wanted to speak with your friend Piosenniel a bit. Take your time with what you need to do. Then come back and we'll go for a little walk, before I set back to Bag-end.

"I expect Frodo and Sam will go on ahead with the children and Rose once Goldie gets rescued from the laundry."

With that Cami headed for the kitchen, searching for the one right key among the many that hung down from her belt that would free Goldie from the laundry room. Once Cami had gone far enough away not to overhear, Bilbo leaned over to the Elf and spoke in a quiet voice, "I understand you were with Cami on the Star, and that you're a good friend. We're friends too, but from very long ago, and we have something we'd like to discuss with you. This came up several weeks ago when Gandalf began telling us some things that happened on the Star. We were back in Tol Eressea, before we agreed to come here for a visit."

"We had an idea, but Gandalf suggested that I speak with you before talking to Cami. This is one of those situations where there is no perfect answer, but we were trying to come up with something that might give some meaning to what the two of them were asked to bear in Beleriand."

Pio listened intently to what Bilbo had in mind.
Old 01-17-2003, 01:44 AM   #130
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Pio leaned toward the elderly Hobbit and put her arm on his. ‘I ask your forgiveness for this, but I know what you are speaking about already.’ She saw the look of confused surprise in his eyes. There was a sharp intake of breath, and Pio turned her head to see Frodo looking at her, his brow furrowed. She heard the unasked question.

‘I have not spoken with Ancalimon, that is Gandalf, if that is what you wish to know.’ Their eyes narrowed as they considered how she might know what they had come to speak about with her. ‘I know who you are, as Cami has spoken fondly of you both many times to me. I know that she cherishes you, Bilbo, as her old friend and teacher, the one who encouraged her to satisfy her curiosity about the hobbits and their history.’ She looked at him steadily.

‘She is very dear to me. And despite my knowledge that you are friends, I have seen this evening looks of confusion and sadness pass over her face which I would not have there. My mind reached out when first I saw you speak with her tonight and saw that something troubled her. I sifted through your words to her as you spoke them, looking at the current which ran beneath.’

‘I understand that Maura and Lindo are to come to the Inn just before the birth of my babies. That will be six months from now, Midsummer’s Day. How can you assure her that this will happen? What sign will you give her that what you say is true. That if she trusts in her hope, then it will be fulfilled.’

‘And how do you know this hope fulfilled will not be bittersweet, both for her and for Maura. Have you considered this. Her pain at their separation was great, her suffering long. Her heart, I think, has healed now and she holds him close in it. How can you know the pain this time will not be too great, that her heart will not break with it.'

'To marry your beloved, knowing that time will grant you only a few brief weeks, that is a two edged sword that cuts deep and grievously.’

She leaned back from him, her face grave. ‘I have lived a long time, Bilbo, through many ages of Men and Hobbits. And once, long ago it now seems, my fëa crossed to the West in death and lingered in the Halls of Mandos until I, too, was called back to be with those I loved, to give them hope for a brief while that they might finish the task set them. And then to return when my part was done to the West, while they went on with their lives.’

‘The bonds of love, Bilbo proved too strong. I fear it will be the same for Maura and Cami. Their love for one another ran deep and it has been made stronger, as least for Cami’s part, as time has passed. I fear the choice you ask her to make will, in the end, not be possible. What assurances can you give me that my fears are groundless?

Bilbo shook his head, and took the Elf’s hands in his. ‘We cannot give you reassurance Piosenniel. You ask the very questions we thought to ask you. We only know that Maura has been granted the opportunity to be with Cami one last time, and we know he cannot stay with her forever. They each have their tasks to accomplish within the circles of this world, and in their own times.’

‘Maura believes that he can do this, and we have no reason to doubt him. He is a truthful and well thought man. And he is kind, too, and would never consider this if he knew that Cami could not bear it.’

Frodo spoke up in a gentle voice. ‘That is what we wished to know, Piosenniel. Do you think Cami can do this, that she is strong enough to make this decision and follow it through to the end? Maura’s decision to come, and the decision to allow him to do it, hinges on the answer to this question.’

Pio considered the question carefully. Her words were measured and thoughtful as she spoke them. ‘I have learned not to make judgments of this sort for Cami. She has grown much since last you saw her, Bilbo, and to my mind she has truly come into her own.’ She looked then at Frodo, who regarded her calmly with his clear eyes. ‘I will be here, if you wish, to offer my support when you present this to her, but it is she, alone, who will have to answer that question for you.’

[ January 17, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-17-2003, 05:33 AM   #131
Lumiel

Sting

Lumiel took a seat after she greeted Carie and looked around, unsure of what to do. Never before had she been around so many people, especially elves, despite the fact that she was an elf herself. She sighed and put her hands in her lap, watching the crowd. Suddenly, Carie began to play on her violin and people jumped to the floor to start dancing, while people nearby clapped their hands to the beat.

Lumiel sprang to her feet with elven spryness and twirled to the dance floor. Her brown hair was flecked gold in the firelight and her eyes seemed more like a kaleidescope than anything else, changing from blue to green and back again with the speed of hobbit running to mushrooms. She laughed and it rang clearly with everyone else's voice. Though she knew very few people, she danced among them, by herself, her pastel pink dress flowing and twirling around her. Her joviality on the dance floor only accentuated the fact that she seemed to embody the youthful innocence of the elves, no sign of dark worries or sorrows on her face, at least that could be seen. She called out to Carie.

"Keep it up Carie! You have a way with that violin. I'll dance 'til the sun stops rising, if you'll keep playing like that!"
Old 01-17-2003, 09:10 AM   #132
Carrûn
Wight

Carrûn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

As the elf handed him the gem the boy reached out slowly, almost as if he was afraid the stone would burn him. His small hand wrapped around it. He dug into his pockets and found a small chains which he hung the broach on. Hanging it around his neck inside his jacket he looked up. "Uh, thanks," he said haltingly.

He mulled over the word Enien in his mind, deciphering the meaning. Sounds ok, he thought.
Old 01-17-2003, 01:03 PM   #133
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

The party was slowly winding its way down. A number of the guests had completed their dining and dancing, and were now heading out of the Inn to go to their burrows or farmsteads. Others who'd come from out-of-town had decided to rent rooms at the Dragon. The Inn was chock full of guests who would all be eating breakfast the next morning. Pio even had to put up a few in the stables, since there were no other empty beds.

Cami had managed to unlock the door of the small laundry room and pull Goldie out of the chute. Sam and Rosie had collected the rest of their children and graciously offered their thanks to Cami and Pio, before setting off in the direction of Bag-end, along with Frodo. Only Bilbo remained behind. When Cami finally finished her chores, Bilbo asked her to walk along in the direction of Bag-end, where he and Frodo were staying with Sam.......

This story will be continued in another RPG whose discussion thread will be posted shortly. Stay tuned for further details.

[ January 17, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 01-17-2003, 01:55 PM   #134
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

Bali was astonished by how quickly another lady appeared, sitting next to him. Now there are two of them, he thought.

I cannot belive two of the fairest ladies that exist are both sitting here at my table. I never dreamed of meeting one. Turning to the new lady he asked, "Hello, M'lady. I don't belive we've been introduced yet. My name is Bali - what does your's happen to be?

[ January 17, 2003: Message edited by: Himaran ]
Old 01-17-2003, 02:00 PM   #135
Lumiel

Sting

As the party died down, Lumiel ended her dancing, as happy as it made her. A slight flush was in her cheeks and she got herself a light ale. She sat near the fire, watching all the guests and making small-talk with a few. She laughed at the antics of Sam's children and watched the guests leave. There were only a few people left downstairs, and she was tired, but felt almost like she could never fall asleep.

She walked up the stairs to her rented room and un-did the plaits in her hair. She carefully combed her long brown hair and spoke quietly to herself.

"I've never been to a party before. What a wonderful time I had! And elves, there were other elves there!"

*She sighed and changed into a light nightgown. She folded her dress with care and laid it beside her cloak, shirt, and leggings from earlier. Her hand fell to the sword that was beside them, and she caressed the hilt, remembering the hand who had held it with confidence and courage before her. She whispered into the night.

"Oh Farin, I wish you were still here...they all seem like wonderful folk, but...they're not the same. It's not the same without you."

She took her hand away from the hilt and hugged it to her breast, tears brimming in her eyes. She closed her eyes tight to stem the tears, but failed and one tear streamed down. She took a deep breath and wiped the tear away, silently chiding herself. Farin would not want her to grieve for him, but she just couldn't help it.

She pulled down the sheets to her bed and went to the window, gazing up at the night stars, whose silent watch seemed to draw her own loneliness out. She sighed and blew out a nightstand candle, then crawled into bed and closed her eyes, upon which she almost instantly fell asleep. Her dreams were of dancing and singing, with Farin smiling and encouraging her.
Old 01-17-2003, 02:55 PM   #136
theWhiteLady
Wight

theWhiteLady has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Laurie had accompanied Cami to see that Goldilocks made it out of the chute safely. She had been torn between amusement at seeing the little child stuck in such a ridiculous position, and concern that she would not hurt herself as she struggled. Cami had her out in no time, brushing off the pretty pink party dress and joking with Rose about doing the same thing as a tiny hobbit lass. Laurie shook her head and smiled with respect at the capable woman.

She returned to the party and found the hobbit, Carie, playing skillfully on a violin. Toes were tapping in time to the music and Laurie could not help but twirl a few times around the dance floor herself before grabbing a bite to eat. She felt as though she had not eaten all day, and it was enjoyment enough to watch the happy guests mingle and dance. So many beautiful and varied people all together, it was really amazing to see. Elves, men, and hobbits were all talking merrily and the warmth of the room was not only created by the roaring fire but also by the good will and comraderie that rang to the rafters. It was getting late, however, and the crowd began to thin. Some sought refuge in rooms upstairs, while others left for the comforts of their own homes.

Laurie stretched and yawned; this had definitely been a night to remember. But, as with every party, the guests trickled out leaving countless dishes, cups, platters, and plates to be washed. Without bidding, the lady dressed in white began to gather up the beautiful crystal and took them into the kitchens to be cleaned.
Old 01-17-2003, 04:52 PM   #137
Gorothlammothiel

Gorothlammothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Nostawen sat with Elwen at her side and two strangers opposite her. One introduced themself, Erulon. There was a crowd gathering in the centre of the room though the commotion was far from their quiet table at the side. Nostawen wanted to know what all the fuss was about but thought it right to answer Elwen's questions first, after all she was as keen to know what had happened to her friend as Elwen was about her.

"So I am to tell the tale? Perhaps I should have waited another moment for you to tell the story my friend." Nostawen laughed then continued, "well if you two would care to know also" gesturing to the others seated at their table who nodded. "After the adventures in Mirkwood I awoke as I expect you did parted. Morriel, that is my horse, was not far but you and your love were no where to be seen. I searched for you both with no avail. After several days on the borders I made my way here for it was always rumoured amongst our people that the Green Dragon Inn was a stop for both friends and travellers alike." Elwen nodded as she pulled at her tunic. "I knew you would both be fine, I would have sensed something had you not..." she trailed off having been distracted. Elwen gave her a strange look, as if she saw something different in her. Nostawen was staring a the crowd.

"They are hobbits" said Erulon after a few moments, "There is a party here for Bilbo, Frodo, Sam and family. They've attracted quite a crowd." "As I can see" she replied, "How we have heard the tales of the little ones" she said quietly to Elwen with a smile.
Old 01-17-2003, 05:24 PM   #138
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

THE PARTY IS NOW OVER. FRODO, SAM, BILBO, AND ROSE AND CHILDREN HAVE GONE HOME.

The Inn is back to regular, daily business. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2003, 05:51 PM   #139
Artalwen
Haunting Spirit

Artalwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Artalwen
Sting

~THE NEXT MORNING~

Arawyn yawned and stretched, opening her eyes. "Ah, a new day has arrived" she mumbled as she climbed out of bed. She recalled the night before, and smiled.

What fun that was to meet Frodo.

She changed into a baggy pair of breeches, and a comfortable tunic shirt, and gathered her stuff together.

I wish I didn't have to continue on...but I have no choice.

She picked up her small bag, and slung her cloak over her arm and walked out the door, slowly walking down the stairs.

Carie smiled to herself as she walked into 'The Green Dragon'. Remembering last night, she grinned as she thought about how she saw Bilbo again after so long. Also playing her violin...ah the memories. She hadn't played in so long before last night, and she couldn't remember why she had stopped.

Ah me, I'll miss Bilbo, I will!
The flowering stars, on crowns they hung
The dragon fire, in twisted wire
They meshed the light of moon and sun."
-verse from a song found in 'The Hobbit'-
Old 01-17-2003, 07:09 PM   #140
Sword Maiden Of The Shire
Animated Skeleton

Sword Maiden Of The Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

Merry and Pippin entered the Green Dragon the next morning not looking anymore innocent or cleaner than they did the previous day. That was their life in their tweens : cause as much trouble as they possibly could and lay low in the Dragon until they could start agian.

"Well" said Merry as they skiddeded to a halt infront of the counter "No mushrooms today I'd wager!" "Did you see his face?" replied Pippin wide-eyed and smiling "We just passed by, and he looks at us like we're a couple of trolls!" She stared at her feet which had been scratched by thorns when the dogs had set off on them.......again.
Old 01-17-2003, 08:49 PM   #141
Frodess
Haunting Spirit

Frodess has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Champignonne was so excited. She slipped away to an empty room and gazed at her reflection. There was a vase in the room with some lovely daffodils. She removed some of the flowers from the vase and put them in her hair, using the skill her mother had taught her. She dusted off her dress and looked down at her feet. Nice and hairy, she thought with pride.

The room was fairly dark, so she took a breath, and slowly stepped out. She thought that she saw everyone stare at her, but they were too busy with the special guests. Suddenly, she thought she remembered some tale about the War of the Ring. Something about a Nine-Fingered Frodo. Nine-Fingered Frodo! Her eyes and mouth popped open with surprise. THE Frodo!!!

Champignonne shied away. She saw the guests talking, and moved over a little closer to see this Frodo and his friends. She looked admiringly at who she assumed was Frodo. Childishly, when he looked in her direction, she looked away. She blushed, she sighed, like a girl with a crush. She didn't know about that, but she had found her role model. She was going to maybe find Merry and Pippin, if they weren't engaged at the moment. Until then, she couldn't keep her eyes off of Frodo, not even stopping to get appetizers.

This morning, she remembered that night. She was too shy to talk to anyone, but she couldn't forget Frodo. She was going to ask one of those people who had been so kind to her, so she could learn more about this strange yet wonderful hobbit. As she exited her room, she saw Merry and Pippin. She waved hello and waited for breakfast to be served.

[ January 17, 2003: Message edited by: Frodess ]
Old 01-17-2003, 11:05 PM   #142
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rie was sitting in a chair drinking some water once the party had ended. Her knees were tucked up under her chin, and her eyes had a faraway look about them. A little smile played on her lips, and she seemed to be reciting something.

"Rie?"

Don came up to her, a slightly puzzled look on her face. "What's going on? You seem awfully happy."

Rie grinned at her and stood up. She cocked her head to one side, sighed a little, and smiled broadly. "You were right about Bilbo, you know," she said.

"I was? What?" Don seemed even more confused now.

"He's a wonderful person," Rie said. "You saw how nervous I was? I thought I was going to pass out! What an awful fix: the one person I wanted to meet more than anybody in the world, and I was about to blow it. Blow it! Completely! Can you believe it? But I guess that always happens, when you really want something, it never seems as special unless you think for a second that you won't get it or you'll mess it up when you do get it. I'm not making any sense, I know, but I'll clear it up in a second. Okay, once you left Bilbo and I got to talking some, and would you believe that he even told me a story! A story, Don! Just what I'd always wanted! I mean, sure, my parents told me stories, but it just wasn't the same, nobody tells them like Bilbo does anymore. Oh, Don, it was wonderful!" Rie's green eyes were glowing with excitement and pride and the light of a newly-made memory, the kind that one keeps enshrined forever. "It was one of his adventures, and he told me the whole thing. And I just sat there like a child and listened to it, and it was wonderful! Oh, Don, bless you child!" Rie kissed the girl, who looked as though the redhead had lost her mind. "Bless you for introducing me to him!" With that last blessing, Rie went off dancing and humming, leaving Don shaking her head.
Old 01-18-2003, 12:48 AM   #143
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Bebberyn, the man of Dol Amroth was down stairs. Dressed once again in his attire of Blue and silver when he saw Merry and Pippin. Politley he nodded to them.

"goodmorning young sirs" he said "big night last was it not? I did not attend, though my liegelady was here" Unseen Umbria appeared behind him, appearing as if instantly. Her trademark sharp gray eyes appearing out from under the hood of a lilac cloak.

"morn, doth bring a new array of life, i am a changed being this day" she said happily "ah!" Umbria exclaimed "halflings, I have to start my papers!"

Snowdrop dragged herself into the Inn. bumping into a table and not seeing it for what it was quickly apologised and went to the bar and placed some bottles there.

Suddenly she saw Merry and Pippin "oh!" she said sleepily "nice to see you two diddnt cause too much trouble last night... and you dont even look tired, i diddnt catch a wink! and now i think im grumpy!"

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-18-2003, 02:10 AM   #144
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Biffo Proudfoot was up and dressed not long after the early morning noise began to filter through from the common room. Biffo remembered from his last stay at the Green Dragon that even just after sun-up the inn was a flurry of activity, and he didn't intend to miss out on any of it. He had woken up once or twice through the night after the revelry had started in the main room of the inn, but had been already too far gone to be troubled about it, or to get up and join in. The hobbit had slept soundly for most of the night.

Washing his face, and checking his reflection in a bathroom mirror, he gave the character facing him a big grin. It was a fine, clear winter morning, and though perhaps his bare feet shivered a little, it felt good to be alive. Biffo was looking forward to the expedition around The Shire almost as much as he was looking forward to not working in the fields for the time being.

After collecting his things from his room, Biffo strolled into the common room, and after saying good morning to the innkeeper ordered breakfast. He was famished after such a long sleep, and felt the need for a large platter of fried eggs on toast, nice crispy bacon and a mug of tea before heading off to Uncle Olo's house.

Shortly after he had sat down, Biffo's breakfast arrived, and he started to attack it like a ravenous wolf. Such ferocity had not been seen in those parts since the Fell Winter, and several hobbit heads were turned. A couple of unclean and guilty-looking twentysomething chaps looked at Biffo with humour and approval. He gave them a wink, and continued to look around the room as he applied the death blow to his last rasher of bacon. He recognised an elf-maid he had seen helping in the kitchen on his last visit. There was also a tall man dressed in fine blue and silver who looked very interesting, in Biffo's opinion. And there were a couple of unaccompanied hobbit lasses. Not bad! the 37 year old thought to himself, looking at one in particular. But unfortunately the meeting at Uncle Olo's house beckoned. After finishing his meal and paying the innkeeper, Biffo didn't stop to sit around and chat. He lit his pipe, placed his hat on his head and took up his walking staff. With a wave of thanks to the innkeeper, he then headed off out the door and into the road.
Old 01-18-2003, 03:55 AM   #145
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Bebberyn couldnt help himself but laugh. "Hobbits are strange creatures m'lady" he said to Umbria who was now hard at work writing." i can see why you wish to study them."

Umbria smiled at him "then do you wish to stay here and help me, or return to Dol Amroth and court miss Ascadowen?" she laughed for the first time in years. "I wont hold it from you Bebberyn my dear, you are the hansomest man in Dol Amroth, I know you have her in your mind" she laughed again..

Bebberyn looked to Snowdrop "never give you a break elves, do they?"
"I do not know sir, i do not know any elves" Snowdrop sank to one of the tables.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-18-2003, 06:43 AM   #146
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Sofiya yawned. She had spent the night under the stars. She loved the stars. They were so beautiful. But now she walked back to the inn. She hoped Pio would let her help clear up after the fun. Tidying up. This would be a new experience for Sofiya if she was allowed to help.

Sofiya would have liked to have met Bilbo and Frodo, but she would have got too nervous, and plus there were the crowds. She hated crowds, they made her feel closed in, like she couldn't escape. They reminded her of home.

Sofiya walked in the inns door. It was quite quiet compared to the party. Even where she was sleeping, Sofiya had heard the shouts, cheers, and music. Oh the music! It was wonderful. Sofiya had been listening to it, until she fell asleep. But now she looked round for Pio. Ah, there she was.

"Um," started Sofiya hesitantly. "Miss Pio. Is there anything I can help with. I would very much like to help with the clearing up." Sofiya looked at Pio, then at Pio's belly. "Oh!" thought Sofiya. "She's pregnant! I better help as much as I can if she lets me!"
Old 01-18-2003, 08:46 AM   #147
Animated Skeleton

Boots

Quote:
Bebberyn, the man of Dol Amroth was down stairs. Dressed once again in his attire of Blue and silver when he saw Merry and Pippin. Politley he nodded to them.
"goodmorning young sirs" he said "big night last was it not? I did not attend, though my liegelady was here" Unseen Umbria appeared behind him, appearing as if instantly. Her trademark sharp gray eyes appearing out from under the hood of a lilac cloak.

"morn, doth bring a new array of life, i am a changed being this day" she said happily "ah!" Umbria exclaimed "halflings, I have to start my papers!"
Pippin smiled at them "Yes, it was quite a night last." she said "But, tell us," asked Merry, "why did you not attend?"

Many Hobbits wouldn't dare ask this, but then again, these two weren't exactly what their fellow Hobbits would call 'normal'. They looked up at him waiting for an answer....
Old 01-18-2003, 10:26 AM   #148
Frodess
Haunting Spirit

Frodess has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Champignonne asked for breakfast and it was served. She knew it was her time to leave this place, if only for a while. She was going to find this Frodo and question him.

"Excuse me," she said to anyone at the counter in her loudest voice yet, "Can anyone tell me about a certain hobbit who was here last night. I think his name was Frodo. And while you're at it, may I have some more cheese?"
Old 01-18-2003, 11:03 AM   #149
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

~~~~~ NOTICE OF NEW RPG OPENING! ~~~~~

Deorlin and Merri invite you play in their new RPG: Holiday in the Sun.

See the Discussion Thread to sign up and have fun!
Old 01-18-2003, 03:10 PM   #150
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Amaranthas’ woke up just as the sun was peeking in through the curtains. One eye popped open as a stray ray of light inched its way across it, her brow furrowed, and then the other eye followed suit. ‘Where am I?’ she thought to herself, looking about at the strange room and fingering the unfamiliar quilt draped over her. She looked down to see that she still wore the clothes from last night. ‘Party clothes! Hmmph! I must have enjoyed myself more than I thought.’

Ah! She had spent the night at the Inn. That’s why she was still in this dress! She threw the quilt off her and swung her legs to the ground. Picking up her cane from the floor, she got up slowly and walked out to the small living room.

Pio was already there, having gotten up several hours ago to supervise the cleaning up of the Inn. A tray of fruits and breads and cheeses lay on the small table between the kitchen and the living room, along with a steaming pot of tea.

‘Come help yourself to some breakfast!’ The Elf smiled at her guest and pulled out a chair for her. Once settled in, she offered the Hobbit a mug of tea and sat the jar of honey within easy reach. Pio sat down to the Hobbit’s right, and gave her a small plate to pile some food on. She had already gotten her share and tucked into it with a hearty appetite. Done, she sat back and gave a satisfied sigh.

Last night’s festivities were discussed at length by the two, Amaranthas filling Pio in on most of the guests and all of their shortcomings. The Elf nodded her head at the appropriate moments, but felt no need toad lengthy comments. Amaranthas was doing quite well at keeping the talk flowing without assistance.

Pio cleared away the dishes once they were done eating, and made ready to go out into the Common Room to see to the business of the day. ‘Come out with me.’ she urged the Hobbit. ‘Once Derufin is up, I have a mind to ask him if he’ll take ‘Falmar and see you back to your house. Will that be alright with you?’

Amaranthas’ eyes sparkled at the mention of the man’s name. ‘Yes, I think I might enjoy that! I’m sure he hasn’t seen the sights, and he appears to be free from commitments.’ She looked at the Elf in an appraising manner. Pio laughed at the thought of the man being stretched to his gentlemanly limits with the Hobbit’s guided tour.

She had just gotten Amaranthas comfortably seated by the fireplace and turned to walk toward the bar, when the Hobbit snagged her with the handle of her cane. ‘I was just thinking. If it doesn’t work out with that fellow you say you’re married to . . . say, he doesn’t show up. You might want to think about this Derufin fellow. He seems to like you. I saw him looking quite fondly at you last evening.’ She pulled Pio closer with her cane, speaking in a low voice. ‘How would you like old Amaranthas to sound him out for you? I’ve made many a happy match between young Hobbits, and all of them have stuck so far.’

Pio’s eyes went wide at this offer and she bit her lip to keep from laughing. ‘Oh, Amaranthas, that is a generous offer, indeed. But please do not follow up on it. It would only embarrass Derufin, and I am well and truly married.’ She fingered the slender gold band on her right index finger, smiling.

‘Mithadan will be here. I am sure of that. As fast as his steed will carry him.’

‘If you say so, Miz Piosenniel. But just remember my offer in case things don’t work out as you planned.’
Old 01-18-2003, 04:39 PM   #151
Lumiel

Sting

Lumiel woke up in the early afternoon, to her surprise as she stretched and yawned, gazing out the window sleepily. She went to a small basin of water and washed her face, feeling more awake now. She combed her hair to a glossy sheen and put on her dark green tunic and leggings, and her dark brown boots. She wrapped her cloak around her sword to hide it safely beside her new pink dress. As she was doing this, she recalled her dream about Farin, and was unsure whether or not it had been bad. She contemplated this and came up with as good an answer as any, talking to herself.

"It was a good dream, good to see Farin again. Even if it was only a dream. It was the waking that was bad. That's what brings reality back into agonizingly sharp detail."

She sighed and finished getting ready, then straightened her room. When she was done, she left her room and went downstairs for some breakfast. After a small breakfast (she still felt full from the night before), she went out for a walk to enjoy the peaceful land.

A little later she came back, feeling refreshed and energized. She took a seat at an empty table and as she looked around the Green Dragon, she saw Merry and Pippin, and a smile came to her face as she recalled their deeds.

"Hail, good sirs! Quite a party last night, eh?"

Merry and Pippin looked up at Lumiel's voice and laughed, remembering the night before, "Yes, m'lady. I saw you dancing, you dance well!" said Merry. "Aye, if your dancing skill was as grand as my appetite, you'd be a rival for any hobbit! So to speak. But there isn't a hobbit alive that can eat out me an' Merry!" added Pippin.

"Well, I saw quite a few of Sam's young brood that would make you eat your words! So to speak as well. We haven't been properly introduced before, my name is Lumiel. And you two are Merry and Pippin, if I recall correctly the infamous names of the Shire's biggest trouble-makers!" replied Lumiel, laughing jovially, with it ringing melodiously in the tavern. Merry and Pippin laughed the same. Lumiel enjoyed the company of these hobbits, there were more down to earth, easier to identify with, than some of the elves she had met. But thinking on that, she realized that her discomfit around the elves was probably because she was nervous that she wouldn't fit in among her own kind.

[ January 18, 2003: Message edited by: Lumiel ]
Old 01-18-2003, 07:00 PM   #152
Animated Skeleton

Boots

Pippin laughed "Yes, I saw Sam's children eating their share last night, too!" she said smiling."Which reminds me I haven't eaten anything since last night, of course, it could've been this morning......I don't remember. All I know, is that I could do with somthing to eat now. Merry? Lumiel? How about you?"

Merry nodded vigourously "Yes, I was going to suggest that. I could do with some breakfast, most deffinately" he grined wickedly "I could also do with some freshly picked mushrooms from a certain farmer's field.....could'nt you Pippin?......."

Pippin grinned just as wickedly back at him. "At lunch he's usually not around......"
Old 01-18-2003, 08:01 PM   #153
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Ravenne stopped her horse quietly outside of a small in in the Shire. After a long ride, a short rest was surely needed. As she walked in the inn, she noticed a few Hobbits spread out around and some other folk.

She quietly slipped over to a small table where no one was sitting. Rave, as most people called her, sat listening to the commotion around. She had a strong longing for sleep, yet the mystery of the people in this land kept her eye ever watchful.

As a waiter brought her the water she had ordered, Rave thought of her home in Rohan. Rave had seen many adventures and mysterious sites in her life being a traveler of the lands surrounding Rohan, yet the Hobbits of the Shire were quite different.

Rave sat still at the table not revealing her true appearance under the dark hood covering her head. While glancing at the strange creatures all over the room, her eyes started to give in to the lack of sleep she had for the past few days. Not knowing how tired she actually was, Rave layed her head down on the table and drifted off to sleep.

[ January 18, 2003: Message edited by: Eruwen ]
Old 01-18-2003, 11:27 PM   #154
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Bebberyn laughed.."hobbits..." then he thought.."I did not attend...well because. I suppose parties arent really my thing."

He smiled and turned to see the stranger. Umbria too had noticed her. The elf smiled. "you are of Rohan, am I right" she said quietly, "dont look so surprised my dear, I knew you were here before you entered the door." Umbria returned to her writing whilst Bebberyn stood behind her.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-19-2003, 12:53 PM   #155
theWhiteLady
Wight

theWhiteLady has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Washing the many cups and plates took quite a long time indeed, and perhaps that was why the sun had risen an hour or two before Laurie arose the next morning. She was very loth to leave the warm nestle of blankets, but she forced herself to crawl out and get ready for the day. She began to brush her long golden hair, cursing the knotted tangles. She had been too tired to wrestle the thick waves the night before, but was paying for her negligence today. Finally, with an exasperated sigh, she pulled it back and tied it into a ponytail.

A few moments later, Laurie slipped out of a side door, avoiding the common room, and strode quickly through the chill air into the stables. The warm smell of hay and horses filled the air with its sweet aroma, and Laurie breathed in deeply. She worked quickly, warming up again as she mucked out each stall and filled the hay racks. As she reached the end stall, Laurie noticed a new horse had been brought in. She moved closer, and was shocked to see one of the steeds of Rohan, her homeland! The horse moved forward from the shadows, allowing Laurie to better admire the strong lines and perfect balance. Nell called jealously from down the hall, wanting attention too. Laurie turned away reluctantly, and greeted her own horse, and kissing the soft muzzle. Her long frown forelock tickled Laurie's face as she hugged her horse. Nell had been the only reminder of her homeland and former life, and had long been her best friend on the long and lonely travels. Still, it was interesting and intruiging to see another horse from Rohan so far from home. Laurie wondered how it came hence and who brought him. "Only one way to find out," she told Nell.

So with one last fond pat and glance down the hall, Laurie left the stables and re-entered The Green Dragon, this time through the front door. The common room was full, as usual, and she glanced around, wondering to which of the strangers the horse belonged.
Old 01-19-2003, 01:00 PM   #156
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Rave awoke some time later and noticed new faces and strangers in the inn than was before. The glass of water was still sitting on the table in front of her. With all ease and watchfulness, Rave decided to remove the hooded cloak from her head revealing her long, dark hair that was hidden by the shadows of the garment.

As she sat with memories flowing back into mind of how she arrived at this lovely inn, she noticed a woman come in through the front door as if she was searching desperately for someone. Rave watched this stranger closely. She felt an urge to hide from the presence of this woman, but her heart told her to stay---that all was still safe and she need not worry at the coming of this woman.
Old 01-19-2003, 01:10 PM   #157
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

At last, the Inn was digging out from under the festivities of last night. The dishes had been done, and some brave soul had tackled and managed quite well to clean those faceted, crystal goblets. 'That deserves a special reward.' said Pio, knowing how irritating it was to clean dried wine from between the edges of the facets.

Now where was Cami? Probably still tucked snug in her bed, covers pulled over her head to cut out the light. She ran up to the stairs and banged loudly on the door. 'Rise and shine, my wooly-footed friend! The larder is looking quite bare this morning and we are down to our last few kegs of ale.'

Pio tapped her foot on the floor as she waited. 'And about that wine someone so graciously brought us for the party - many of the guests, it seems, have taken a bottle or so of it home with them - calling it a "door prize"! A door prize!' She put her ear to the door and listened for the sound of anyone stirring. 'That wasn't your idea, was it, Cami? Cami?!'

She knocked on the door again . . .
Old 01-19-2003, 01:20 PM   #158
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

Suddenly the inn door burst open. A cloaked man hurried in, a long broadsword across his back. He looked this way and that, searching the room until his eyes came to a dwarf sitting at a table with a man and two ladies. He came up to their table. "Bali, I must speak with you," he said.

The dwarf turned sharply, realizing that he had been addressed. He studied the new arrival, then the light dawned on him. "Karadon, my father's messanger!" The other members of the table all greeted him. I have no time to speak, though I wish I did. I must be going. "Bali, son of Dwalin, I have something for you." He handed him a letter. Bali stared at it, then started to say something and then looked up, stoping his sentence. The man was gone.

Having seen his face, and his hands trembling, Bali opened the letter. Reading it, his face grew grave, and an expression of deep concern covered his normally jolly features. At length he spoke.

"Eruantalon, my friend, I have a story to tell you." With that he began.

"As I left Mirkwood I came to a strange wasteland, where few live and known travel by night. It is a dangerous road, through Wilderland, which which is the name I gave it. Wolves prowl the forest; orcs from the --- mountains patrol the northern border, and goblins from Moria and the Misty Mountains creep through the western parts, making the narrow paths all the more deadly to the unwary traveler.

Here it was that the elves of Mirkwood left me. But not all; for Halonir, long a friend of mine, vowed to continue with me and see for himself the great forest of Lothlorien, which lay near my chosen route. I accepted his company with great pleasure, for I was sad to see the elves go and be left alone on my journey.

When we entered to Wilderland, Halonir felt a great disturbance in the air. Something great was amiss in the land. After a days travel we found several huts, the first sign of life. But they were burnt, hacked apart and crumbling in ash and ruin. Bodies there were also, of men, women, and children. Halonir looked around at the ground, and soon his keen eyes picked up a set of tracks; they were strange, and matched nothing he or I had seen before. The tracks were not of man, orc, or goblin, nor of troll or warg.

Astonished, and angered, we continued our travels. Soon we came to another village, in the same state as the first.

Burned buildings.

Burned Bodies.

And tracks... Always more tracks.

It was several days later, as we came to a large hill, that we found the answer to the riddle. Arriving at the top, we saw smoke rising from a clearing not far south of where we stood. Not only smoke, but orange flame. From the clearing there came shouts, screams, snarls and the ring of steel.

Dashing from our vantage poing we raced through the forest; heading in the rough direction of the sound (which was all we had to guide us. Soon we reached the conflict.

Arriving at the clearing first, Halodir found himself standing amidst the caos of a Uruk Hai raid on a large village. The mutant orcs weilding long swords, spears and broad axes swarmed the area, slaying the villigers and pillaging houses. Suddenly noticing the new arrival, three Uruk Hai charged him. But Halodir was not a King's bodyguard for nought. Slaying two with arrows, he whipped out his long knife and would have slain the remaining Uruk had not a hatcher - mine, that is - have taken it in the throat. Charging into the village, we attacked the force together.

Slaying an Uruk Hai who was beating a villiger, I turned to another, ducking as his sword whistled over my head. Catching him in the midriff with a hefty axe-blow, I slew several more with my remaining hatchets. I turned to see my friend slay his twelth Uruk Hai, using his skill with a bow to easy kill the poorly armored Uruks. Being no match for the ferocity of two able-bodied and ambushing warriors, the survivors fled, leaving the village in peace.

But after helping the villigers rebuild their dwellings, we with ten good fighting men left to track down the attackers. Those who were wounded we caught and dispatched with, but around seven had run north, and were far out of our reach. Thus, not a match for the tireless Uruk Hai, we returned to the village. We sent word of this to King Thranduil, who sent a large force of elves to patrol the area of Wilderland, cleaning it of the scum of orcs and goblins. And so Halodir and I continued on our way, and when I cam to Moria, we parted and he went away south to seek his own kind the the great forest of Lothlorien. We thought that the threat had passed. But we were wrong. The Uruk Hai we fought were only from a small search party, of a greater force, as I have just found out. Read the letter for yourself."

Eruantalon took the old, tattered script from his friend's hands, and unfolded it, crusty dirt falling from it. The letter read:

My dear son Bali,

I am writing you to let you know that war has begun. A large army of Uruk Hai has massed and is threatening Erebor. King Thranduil has sent elvish units to aid us, but our border gaurds are on watch around the day and night, and we expect war to break out soon.

I hope that your journey has gone well, but I plead that you will return home soon. You are needed here.

Your friend, Eruantalon, left here a month before the army was reported. You may meet him on your way. If you do, give him this letter, and ask him if he will return home with you. Any dwarf, man or elf that can fight is needed.

Best wishes on your journey home.

Your father,

Dwalin Longbeard.

[ January 19, 2003: Message edited by: Himaran ]
Old 01-19-2003, 02:14 PM   #159
Falathion
Pile O'Bones

Falathion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The door burst open, and in came a short, but wide character, his beard nearly touching the floor. Swinging his cloak behind his shoulders and removing the hood from his head, he started the walk towards the bar.

"Gimme a cag o'bear, me fine..."

He stopped there for a second as he confortably worked his place upon a barchair.

"Dwarf?!"

he cried out as he saw who was standing behind the disk. The bartender smiled warmly as he poured bear into a large mug.

"Here you are master...?"

"Turgon Hardhammer at yer service."

The dwarf said with a wide smile.

"And ye'r who?"

He returned.

"I am Dwarin Thunderhammer, owner of this fine inn!"

Turgon nodded his agreement.

"Fine place ye'r havin here! Me butt shall find rest for the evnin, hidden in countless mugs o'bear."

He grinned eagerly as Dwarin handed over the full mug.

"And a pleasure to meet yeh, me fine dwarf!"

Dwarin nodded and turned to a new customer, noting his orders.
Turgon lifted the mug and poured its content into to his welcoming mouth, bear spilling down his long, brown beard.

"Bah, gimme another one!"

Turgon ordered as he placed the mug hard down onto the bartable and wipt his hand across his mouth, taking away to spillt bear.
Old 01-19-2003, 02:40 PM   #160
Eruantalon
Wight

Eruantalon has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eruantalon
Sting

Reading the letter now his eyes where set to flame with anger.His teeth gritted and mashed.Through this strain he said,They will not take away the beauty of Erabor.They will not mar my friends home.Is it not enough that they have taken the mines of Durin.Yes I will come along my friend.As he said this his voice grew louder untill he was speaking with a hollow booming tone.

Well my friend it seems where off to another adventure.Realizing how he was now acting in front of the maidens,he excused himself.There was so much of these wrong things in this world.He was ready to fight them at all cost.

[ January 19, 2003: Message edited by: Eruantalon ]