The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2015, 10:11 PM   #3001
Belegorn
Shade of Carn Dûm

Belegorn has just left Hobbiton.
Ty, almost forgot my b-day was yesterday. I should try keeping track of time better.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:51 AM   #3002
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Happy Birthday Sally!
Old 05-12-2015, 08:06 AM   #3003
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Happy birthday sallycakes! Lots of love!
Old 05-12-2015, 08:19 AM   #3004
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Happy Birthday, o Mighty Cupcake!
Old 05-12-2015, 09:54 AM   #3005
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Boots

Happy birthday, sally! How happy we are to have you here on the 'Downs - and how happy the 'Downs are to have you! It seems very appropriate that your birthday should come so close after the rebirth of the 'Downs, to which you majorly contributed. You deserve a good celebration! Have a happy day!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:40 PM   #3006
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Leaf

And very happy birthday to Bethberry, may the spirit of Queen Berúthiel... erm, or maybe not; after all, she wasn't very nice - but in any case, hope you enjoy the day
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-18-2015, 04:30 PM   #3007
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
*checks the front page* Dang, you're right! Happy birthday and many happy returns, Bêthberry!
Old 05-19-2015, 06:52 AM   #3008
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Happy Birthday Bêth!
Old 05-19-2015, 07:04 AM   #3009
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
When Pitch and Legate posted, I thought I'd missed the day, but no, that was just timezones acting up. Happy birthday Bethberry!
Old 05-19-2015, 02:24 PM   #3010
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
1420! Cheers

Many thanks for the birthday greetings, fellow Downers. I'm not approaching anything like elven age, but I'm at the stage where I wonder how they truly could not feel any aches or pains after several thousand years.

It's particularly lovely that we are all back together and can greet each other once again.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:06 PM   #3011
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Happy Birthday, Bêth! You look great, but I'm seriously wondering about that portrait up in your attic!
Old 05-19-2015, 03:37 PM   #3012
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Happy birthday to you, dear Bêthberry! (and, incidentally, happy 13th deathday to myself! )
Old 05-20-2015, 03:59 AM   #3013
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

1420!

A happy big birthday to the fellow "Something of Amon Something", Squatter! All the best!
Old 05-20-2015, 06:41 AM   #3014
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday, Squatter!
Old 05-20-2015, 12:28 PM   #3015
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Very happy birthday, Squatter! May the longhouse rock with songs, toasts and the clashing of tankards!
Old 05-20-2015, 12:58 PM   #3016
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
1420!

Belated good wishes to Bethberry and reasonably current to Squatter... whom I still owe a drink....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 02:08 AM   #3017
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

A very, very, and thrice very happy birthday to our wonderful Esty! Hope you have a great day, and not just a day!
Old 05-31-2015, 04:56 AM   #3018
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Seconded Happy Birthday to Esty!
Old 05-31-2015, 08:03 AM   #3019
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Thirded happy birthday to out beloved Esty!
Old 05-31-2015, 09:03 AM   #3020
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Fourthed. Alles liebe zum burzeltag, Esty!
Old 05-31-2015, 02:02 PM   #3021
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Happy Birthday Esty!!
Old 06-10-2015, 07:47 AM   #3022
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday radagastly!
Old 06-11-2015, 06:10 AM   #3023
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
A belated "thag you very buch" for the birthday greetings! I'm lurking more than being active now, since a major project is taking up much of my time, but I hope to be more alive (more dead?) here after that task is accomplished.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 08:28 AM   #3024
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

A very happy birthday to Cailin and Saucy!
Old 06-21-2015, 07:52 AM   #3025
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Happy Birthday Lottie! A milestone, to be sure.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:15 AM   #3026
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy coming of age, Lottie! Geeze, you're getting old.
Old 06-21-2015, 05:19 PM   #3027
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

1420!

Gosh, you people can't be left alone for two days without everybody having their birthdays! Belated happy anniversaries, Cailin and Espiem! Lottie, wasn't it just yesterday you were a teenie who hardly talked on Skype but had an amazing wolf sensor? Have a smashing party with lots of song parodies!
Old 06-21-2015, 11:45 PM   #3028
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Have a smashing party
Well, I did plan the day around going to see Jurassic World, so I'd say that's pretty smashing. Thanks for the well-wishes, Zil, G55, and Pitch!
Old 06-22-2015, 07:18 AM   #3029
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Happy birthday, Lottie!
Old 06-23-2015, 09:57 AM   #3030
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Happy Birthday Mithalwen! Ever well-preserved, no doubt.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:01 AM   #3031
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Permanently pickled? You might very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment. But I thank you.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:15 PM   #3032
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

1420!

Happy birthday, Mithalwen! (With the other Mith back in action it seems we can't just call you Mith anymore... same problem as with Lalaith and Lalwende... fortunately only one of them plays Werewolf... however, I digress.)
Old 06-23-2015, 08:44 PM   #3033
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I've said it elsewhere and I'll say it again... Happy birthday Mamawolf!
Old 06-24-2015, 07:45 AM   #3034
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Thank you Pitchwife and Cubling55. Yeah I think most of the time which Mith is Mith is obvious by context. But if push comes to shove I would have to cede... given that he has been here longer, is older, an administrator and professionally litigious..far too expensive to argue the toss methinks
Old 06-26-2015, 08:26 AM   #3035
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday, Tar Jex!
Old 06-28-2015, 01:49 PM   #3036
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Brin!
Old 06-29-2015, 05:01 AM   #3037
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Seconded belatedly, and many happy returns to Pitchwife who has happily returned to us.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:03 AM   #3038
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Seconded! A very happy birthday to Pitchie!!!
Old 06-29-2015, 11:43 PM   #3039
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Thank you both, and belated best wishes to Brinn and Tar-Jêx!
Old 07-05-2015, 07:29 AM   #3040
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
You will curse the day you did not wish the phantom a happy birthday. Felicitations, darling!

And of course belated birthday greetings to Brinn and Pitchwife as well! I'm sorry I missed your special days.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote