The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-31-2002, 10:44 PM   #41
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have to say that I'm not a collector. Except for books. It's always been my dream that someday I would have all my favorite authors in beautiful, hardbound editions, and am finally able to make that dream a reality. (Trouble is, I still have a problem with tossing the old, dog-eared, torn up paperback copies once I've replaced them. Anyone want a paperback copy of "A Winter's Tale" with the cover torn off?)

But then Tigerlily has to go and mention that there is a LoTR tarot deck! Bad Tigerlily. I love the art of the Tarot. (By the way, can anyone see my tarot avatar?)

I looked up some of the cards online, and they are beautiful. Now for true tarot readings, I'd always go for the traditional Rider-Waite, but I'd really love to see the complete LoTR deck.

BTW Tigerlily - Who is on "The Fool" card? It's my favorite Major Arcana, and I couldn't find a pix of it online.
Birdland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 11:25 PM   #42
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Birdland - I'm not sure which LOTR Tarot you are talking about. I have one put out in 1996 with art work by Peter Pracownik. The pictures are gorgeous -- The Fool is Gollum.
Old 05-31-2002, 11:50 PM   #43
ElanorGamgee
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElanorGamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

After seeing the movie I just had to read the books, so my mom bought me the LotR boxed set (including The Hobbit) with pictures from the movie on all three books from the trilogy. I really wish I could get my hands on the movie poster with the four hobbits at Weathertop; it's my favorite of all the posters I've seen [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Oh, I hope nobody gets mad when they read this, but I think the busts of the LotR characters are some of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. Especially Pippin; he has such a goofy look on his face [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Maybe I don't like them because I've never really liked busts, I don't know...
Old 06-01-2002, 02:20 AM   #44
Aragorn_the_Ranger
Haunting Spirit

Aragorn_the_Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have to agree....every time i hop on the net i go to all the searchsites and type in Lord of the rings....even though i seen them all.
Hey Raefindel I was wondering how did you get Rotk on DVD...All i've found is the Fotr (cartoon) and the HObbit.......plz help
Aragorn_the_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 05:14 AM   #45
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

Quote:
Birdland - I'm not sure which LOTR Tarot you are talking about. I have one put out in 1996 with art work by Peter Pracownik. The pictures are gorgeous -- The Fool is Gollum.
OK, guys, sorry to go off-topic: but Gollum as the Fool in Tarot? That is just soooo WRONG! Obviously this Pracownik (and you're right, Pio: They are beautiful) has no concept of what the symbolism of Tarot means.

Here is the definition of the Fool:

"The Tarot Fool is not quite what comes to mind when many people think of the word "fool" or the term "foolish." There are clear connections to the medieval Fool or Court Jester. In modern Tarot, the Fool represents being carefree, impulsive, spontaneous, enthusiastic, and frivolous. The Fool steps out into the unknown without fear or caution. He isn't brave, but he has no fear. He is the universal innocent but he is also wise. He is the rule-breaker, the person who lives without rules. He is very close to his own body and experiences his physical sensations fully."

Now at first I thought maybe the Fool would be represented by Sam. But on second thought, there can only be one Fool in a LoTR Tarot deck - Tom Bombadil!

OK, scratch that LoTR item off my shopping list. I would probably just tick me off. (Birdie sulks.)
Old 06-01-2002, 07:30 AM   #46
Nufaciel
Wight

Nufaciel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

*cracks knuckles, getting ready for long type*

Okay, what's in my collection...I have:

Fellowship of the Ring in hardback, with Tolkien's drawing on the jacket; Two Towers in hardback with movie pic and in paperback w/Tolkien drawing; RotK in paperback; Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales; The Tolkien Reader. HoME Vols 1-5 and War of the Ring. I don't have the rest, but I check them out from the library frequently.

I also have the Photo Guide, the two Movie companions, a book of post cards; the planner; a journal with Frodo on cover; a Hobbit journal, a Behind the scenes book.

I have promotional bookmarks; I collect the Merlin stickers (only need 30 more for my book to be complete); the B&N bookmarks with ring of Strider, Frodo and Legolas; Boromir with one ring bookmark. Pinbacks, keychains and magnets of Legolas, Boromir, Aragorn, Gandalf and Arwen. I collect the decipher cards; I have all four BK goblets.

BK figures: Boromir, Legolas, Strider, Celeborn, Elrond, Merry, Bilbo, Sam, Saruman, Cave Troll and Orc.

Toybiz figures: Aragorn, Gimli, Cave Troll, Sam, Gandalf, Boromir/Lurtz, Frodo, Legolas Merry/Pippin/Moria Orc, Newborn Lurtz, Orc Overseer and Saruman.

I have a Kite with Frodo, and a poster with the entire fellowship. I collect the old Middle-earth cards from I.C.E.

I'm a three year charter member of the Decipher LotR Fan Club, so I have the two magazines they've released, and I have 5 lithographs: the Fellowship, the Statue of Elendil (Argonath); Gandalf telling Bilbo to leave ring behind; Saruman using the Palantir; and Gandalf and the Balrog.

I also have the Soundtrack with Aragorn card, and the Tolkien Collection, a 4-disc set of him and his son reading from LotR and the Silmarillion.

I think that's about it....
Old 06-01-2002, 07:16 PM   #47
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Tolkien

Nufaciel -- Between us, we could start a Tolkien museum in Houston, I think. I just listed my recent purchases, but I do have some things going back a number of years. One of my favorites is a button from the Tolkien Society:

Hobbits are tasty
Yes, Precious!
Gollum

Calenedhliel -- (sp?)

You mentioned 3 cross stitch designs. Where did you get them?

Tigerlilly --

A Middle Earth store in Ann Arbor. Child begins to drool! I'm coming to Detroit in late July with my family to visit my mother. I guess Ann Arbor wouldn't be too big a detour. Do you know where this store is?

Oh, yes, I gave in and went back and got the pewter Sam. I also have Merry, Pippin, Gandalf, and Legolas on hold so I can scrape together my coffee money bit by bit.

Sharon, the 7th age hobbit
Old 06-01-2002, 07:57 PM   #48
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

Quote:
Hey Raefindel I was wondering how did you get Rotk on DVD...All i've found is the Fotr (cartoon) and the HObbit.......plz help
Aragorn, I bought all three at Costco. they were packaged together.
Old 06-01-2002, 09:19 PM   #49
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

Quote:
But then Tigerlily has to go and mention that there is a LoTR tarot deck! Bad Tigerlily.
Sorry, Birdland [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I will try to behave from now on...
As for the "fool" card, piosenniel is correct, it is indeed Gollum. As for why they chose him, I don not know. But the cards are beautiful. I found mine at a shop called Spencers Gifts (I believe they are only located in malls).
Quote:
A Middle Earth store in Ann Arbor. Child begins to drool! I'm coming to Detroit in late July with my family to visit my mother. I guess Ann Arbor wouldn't be too big a detour. Do you know where this store is?
I do not know as of yet, Susan, but I plan on going to check it out sometime this week. I can send you a message when I do & let you know where it is and what kind of stuff they carry [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] PS - if you are coming to Detroit you should come to Greenfield Village and see my play [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] - just kidding, it's kinda cheesy!
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 11:27 AM   #50
Mithrilbow

Ring

I have some books and the CD but my pride and joy is my "precious" that I bought from the Hansen Workshop. Same guys who made the ring for the movie and it is gorgeous. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2002, 08:32 PM   #51
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Silmaril

<font color=gold>I'm sad to say that I have increased my supply of LOTR goods. I went out yesterday & I got a magnet set, a baby-tee with Ringwraiths on the back, a keychain, and a lovely picture frame with Gandalf, Gimli and Frodo on it. Sigh, will it ever stop!!!!!
Old 06-14-2002, 09:35 PM   #52
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Okay. I think I have enough to buy Evenstar, if my mom would just give me the money she owes me, which is... *stops to count her money* $14!
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Nevfeniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 10:33 PM   #53
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

Quote:
I'm sad to say that I have increased my supply of LOTR goods. I went out yesterday & I got...a baby-tee with Ringwraiths on the back...
Tigerlily, you're gonna give that chile' nightmares! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2002, 02:16 AM   #54
rowan silivren

Sting

So, I am new to the whole craze, so I haven't personally baought any LotR things, but...
I hae a friend who works for a local knife store, they specialize in fantasy knives, and it turns out that some company is putting out three swords for each movie. For the Return of the King, he thinks that there will be a rendition of Narsil with the elfstone, and I am already saving money for it.
Rohan [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2002, 01:41 PM   #55
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

YAY!!! I ordered Evenstar yesterday! How long does shipping take? Anyone know?
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Old 06-23-2002, 05:40 PM   #56
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Silmaril

<font color=gold>I got mine pretty quickly (of course I did pre-order). My guess would be less than two weeks.
May your new necklace bring great happiness. I LOVE mine, it has become my preeecioouusss!!!!!

On another note... this guy came to my work today (well, my show, I should say), and I picked him out of the audience for a bit & I noticed his shirt... It was a really cool FOTR shirt with "Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring" on the front & on the back was my fav picture (the silouette of the Fellowship) along with the ring poem. If only I knew where he got it.... NO, WAIT! I don't need anymore!
Old 06-23-2002, 05:43 PM   #57
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Thanks, Tigerlilly. I can't wait! I've been saving my money for about a month or two at least. Too bad my mom said that the only way for me to have my necklace delivered by that express thing would be if I payed for it myself ($9?! I don't think so).
Old 06-23-2002, 06:09 PM   #58
Morquesse
Wight

Morquesse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Let's see, I have:
1 hardback set of LotR
1 paper back copy of TTT
1 LotR-1-volume book
1 Tolkien Reader
1 Tolkien Biography
1 Letters of Tolkien book
1 "Tolkien: auther of the centery" book by Tom shippy
4 Magazines with LotR articles.
1 copy of "Sir Gawain & the Green Knight, Pearl, & Sir Orfeo"
1 copy of "The Official movie guide"
1 copy of "Finding God in the LotR" (good book!)
and two posters(one is on the way)

Quote:
I really wish I could get my hands on the movie poster with the four hobbits at Weathertop; it's my favorite of all the posters I've seen
You can find that poster on ebay, along with many others.
~M
Old 06-25-2002, 09:59 AM   #59
Calencoire
Haunting Spirit

Calencoire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Calencoire
Silmaril

Let's see... I got the Picture Companion Book, the Movie guide, the soundtrack, a bookmark of Frodo with the One Ring and I'm going to get an Arwen pendant.
Old 06-25-2002, 10:27 PM   #60
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Creeping into the thread, hood concealing her face, the elf falls on her knees in front of the flashing jukebox playing the 'Music of the Spheres' by Eru. Putting in a farthing, she leans forward and whispers into the speaker/mic:

Bless me Eru, for I have sinned. It's been about three weeks since my last transgression. I logged onto Ebay and bought something - even after I promised I wouldn't. I couldn't resist. It was a watch with a real leather band and its face was surrounded by a one ring replica. The face was a map of Middle-earth, and the '9' was the elven symbol for 9 set in jewels. Sigh!!

'My child, my child', came the melodious voice from the juke - 'Memorize the first 3 chapters of the Silmarillion for your penance. Go now, and sin no more!'

She rose and hurried out, feeling better. A large dark figure stepped from behind a pillar as she hurried to the door, blocking her way. He bent down, smiling, humming slightly out of tune - 'Hey, pio! Didi you see the early John Howe Calendar they just put up for auction? It even has a Buy-It-Now option?'

She shoved her fingers in her ears and hurried past him.
Old 06-25-2002, 11:12 PM   #61
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Pio --

LOL. Have you seen the little Rawcliff pewter figures. Well, unfortunately, I managed to see them too. The local fantasy store had a number of them, and I'm now the proud owner of Frodo and Sam and Gandalf. He has Merry and Pippin waiting on the shelf. Every time I go in the store, they look up at me with beseeching eyes. I don't know how much longer I can resist.

The store also has several of the swords including Gandalf's which cost hundreds of dollars! Fortunately for me, I am not into swords and can easily resist these or I really would be in bad shape!

sharon, the broke hobbit

[ June 26, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 06-26-2002, 12:29 AM   #62
BrightMoonshine

Silmaril

I've bought the LoTR Trilogy book set, Unfinished Tales, The Silmarilion, Frodo, Sam and Legolas action figures, two of the glass mugs from Burger King, The Legolas action figure from Burger King, The Lord of the Rings Movie Companion book, and two LoTR posters. I'll be expecting the Evenstar necklace soon.
Old 06-26-2002, 01:31 AM   #63
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Child

Oh, Eru! mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa! I forgot a transgression (or two or three)!!

Yes, those little guys snared me in their net. I have Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin. I am trying to save up for the Balrog.

& . . . um, oh yes . . . this was very inexpensive -- 4 10X14 inch oscar ad pics. The one I especially wanted being 'the kiss' scene at Boromir's demise.
Old 06-26-2002, 05:18 AM   #64
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

Child, Tigerlily, Pio and others sit in a ring of folding chairs in a grove at Rivendell. Child rises:

"Hello. My name is Sharon, the 7th Age Hobbit...and I'm a Lord of the Rings junk junkie!"

"Hi Child!"

Birdie watches with a superior air, then goes to Amazon.com and drops a wad in the book section. "Ooooh, lookie! The Golden Box!"
Old 06-26-2002, 08:57 AM   #65
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Hello, my name is Bethberry B. But I don't really belong here. No way I'm addicted. I can stop any time I want to. I just don't want to. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I have an audio soundtrack of Tolkien reading excerpts from LOTR and an unpublished poem about Galadriel's Mirror. And the movie soundtrack. I have The Atlas of Middle-Earth but Tolkien's books don't count unless you have multiple copies, some for marking passages and making cross references and then one for keeping pure, not even folding over pages as markings.

My son, though, has three sets of the Games Workshop figures. He hasn't finished painting them, though. For some strange reason, he expects me to help him do that. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Bethberry

[ June 26, 2002: Message edited by: Bethberry ]
Old 06-26-2002, 09:20 AM   #66
Nufaciel
Wight

Nufaciel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You can add the Strider action figure to my list, as well as the Aragorn! Also, several new cards for my decipher collection! WHEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!*runs off chanting Caradhras spells*
Old 06-26-2002, 10:51 AM   #67
Greycloak
Animated Skeleton

Greycloak has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Maybe I shouldn't admit this, I know it must be a sin, but I have NOTHING. Not even the books. The set in this house is technically my wife's.
Greycloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 11:23 AM   #68
Laiedheliel
Haunting Spirit

Location: A roaming Middle-Earth wanderer in the guise of a Ranger
Laiedheliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Laiedheliel
Sting

*Shuffles in really late and takes her seat at the LotR Junk Junkie meeting* Well, I have the movie boxed set (LotR and the Hobbit), the Sil, and I recieved Nenya (Galadriel's ring of power, the Water Ring) as a gift. It, though some may think it cheesy, has become my precious!
Old 06-26-2002, 12:55 PM   #69
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Greycloak - welcome to the Downs!

A man of such restraint! Commendable! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2002, 01:11 PM   #70
MYyyPreciousSS
Wight

MYyyPreciousSS has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to MYyyPreciousSS
Ring

Well this is what I have gotten...

-FotR movie poster
-my own One Ring
-FotR soundtrack
-Unfinished tales (already had other books)
-new copy of The Hobbit (my other one was in bad shape)
-Pippin, Merry, Frodo, Sam and Orc action figures
-Legolas and Frodo bookmarks
and some trading cards

Not much but there is always room for more..I'm still wanting a Legolas action figure and if I had money I'd get an Elvin brooch. If only I had money... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"My Preciousss" - the line that started the obsession.
MYyyPreciousSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 04:56 PM   #71
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Silmaril

Quote:
Child, Tigerlily, Pio and others sit in a ring of folding chairs in a grove at Rivendell.
*rises* I must confess that I also went to a store called Dragon's Crossing and found the best Hobbit figure I have ever seen (it is from a fantasy collection and it has a shimmering sword, a shield, big hairy feet [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] and bright blue eyes!). I am guessing that it is Bilbo because it doesn't resemble Merry, Pippin, Sam or Frodo. But I love it... it is precious to me...
Old 06-26-2002, 05:18 PM   #72
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Oh my goodness!!! How could I have forgotten to mention my dress patterns?! They aren't technically LotR (they don't say Lord of the Rings on them) but I think they were inspired a great deal on one of Galadriel's dresses. It's the Simplicity 9891 pattern.
Old 06-26-2002, 06:04 PM   #73
dragongirlG
Wight

dragongirlG has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

To answer Child of the 7th Age's post...

I have the LOTR soundtrack. I bought it for my sister for Christmas, and we're both LOTR fans, so we share it. She also has a LOTR calendar, which I also got her for Christmas, and a LOTR poster (the one with Frodo holding the ring, and at the bottom says "One Ring to Rule them All.") I'm very pleased with what I bought. The soundtrack is fantastic. The calendar has pictures of the Fellowship and the characters (even Orcs!) And the poster is great. It's really just made up of movie pictures...but you don't have to search for them online. So, yes, I bought stuff, and I like it.

Oh, yeah, I also got a free LOTR bookmark from the library. It has Arwen on it. She's reading a book. The caption is "Make Reading A Hobbit." So cute. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ June 26, 2002: Message edited by: dragongirlG ]
dragongirlG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 10:23 PM   #74
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Tigerlilly, Er........you don't happen to have the address of that Dragon's Crossing store? LOL sharon
Old 06-28-2002, 12:12 PM   #75
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

IT CAME!!!! MY PRECIOUS HAS FINALLY ARRIVED!!!!!!! For those who are looking at me weird (or my post, anyway) and wondering what on Middle Earth I'm talking (or writing) about, my Evenstar necklace came today!!!!!!! I was so excited that I made a poster that said exactly what was written at the top of my post and taped it to the wall so that when my mom comes home, she will know without me telling her. Yes, I'm weird. No, I don't care, because I'M SOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2002, 09:43 AM   #76
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

I'm drawing this thread back up. Now that TTT is almost here, we will probably see many more movie tie-ins hitting the store. Plus, with the holidays coming, this tends to be the time of year that people make their way to the stores and buy, buy, buy.

I've restrained myself so as not to go bankrupt! But my husband has ordered an Elven brooch for me for the holidays, plus a really large globe paperweight that has Gandalf and Frodo at Bag End and the gift set of the DVD. (I haven't seen the extended version yet. I must be the only one left on the Downs who hasn't!)

Anything else good out there that people have bought or seen?
Old 11-29-2002, 09:49 AM   #77
Bill Ferny
Shade of Carn Dûm

Bill Ferny has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

My wife and I bought our four kids LotRs plactic swords (I think they are called Aragorn's Sword)... OK, OK we bought ourselves two also. Why should the kids have all the fun?
Old 11-30-2002, 06:19 AM   #78
Harmonica
Animated Skeleton

Harmonica has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have the books and the DVD:s and the soundtrack. Also, 3 Legolas posters, 1 FOTR poster, a Legolas action figure, The One Ring on a chain necklace, a bookmark, a seal you can use when you write letters, wall calendar. I really want some more of the action figures, cause they are so awsome!
Old 12-07-2002, 07:23 PM   #79
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

Quote:
Maybe I shouldn't admit this, I know it must be a sin, but I have NOTHING. Not even the books. The set in this house is technically my wife's.
Greycloak

Oh, Babe! You are such a LIAR! Clear the forum! Spouce-fight coming! Almost everything I've listed YOU bought me! You Sweetheart!
Old 12-07-2002, 10:46 PM   #80
Kalimac
Candle of the Marshes

Kalimac has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

A lot of the knickknacks are adorable but I try to restrain myself since there's not really much to do with them; the Elven brooches and necklaces are lovely, but wearing jewelry (except for the wedding ring) irritates me - I'm always playing with it and poor Arwen's necklace would probably be snapped in half after a few days. We do however have the extra-special super-deluxe to-heck-with-the-groceries-this-week DVD set [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] - as well as a full set of the books including the Hobbit, the Annotated Hobbit, HoME...lots of stuff. As well as an LOTR 2001 outsized calendar which I hang at work.

And to resurrect an earlier topic on the thread very briefly - Gollum as the Fool is REALLY wrong. For me, the perfect place for him would the Moon card, which is much more sinister; he could be crouching on the ground (the tower could be Minas Morgul, formerly Minas Ithil) looking up at the changing moon. I wonder if they had the Witch-King as Death? It wouldn't be quite right either, but it would be hard to resist.

Rae, I'm sensing something between you and Greycloak [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]...

[ December 07, 2002: Message edited by: Kalimac ]