User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-14-2003, 12:15 PM   #561
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

THERE IS TO BE NO FIGHTING IN THE INN OR ON THE INN GROUNDS -SAVE THAT FOR YOUR RPG'S

[ May 14, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 05-14-2003, 02:15 PM   #562
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Aman saw Hapman sit down and smiled over at him. His face transformed into a mask of surprise, and froze. Then he seemed to attempt a smile and...a little wave?!

Aman's smiled turned to a grin and she went over to talk to the jester, when she heard the sound of raised voices near the door. She listened to the story the young man had told, and thought it lovely. Perhaps if it was written down...she started to move around the bar to talk to this man, to tell him she had liked it, when another voice spoke.

"You stupid, that's not true."

"It is to."

There was a flurry of action and, to Aman's horror, swords. She didnt waste a second. Pulling something out from under the bar, the threw it forward with such force that it spun through the air, before burying itself in the opposite wall. The action stopped immediately, and the man names Juire looked up to see a sword buried in the wood less than half a foot above his head.

"I will have none of that in here!" Amans voice quivered with indignation, hands on hips, like a schoolteacher addressing an unruly class. One hand however, was now reaching under the bar, and the old time customers shuffled back slightly from the bar- they knew of the existence of the thick, mahogany club Pio had kept underneath and which had stayed there.

"Get out and sort yourselves out! This instance! When you're quite ready to be decent hum-" she checked herself but carried on smoothly. "Decent people, you can come back in. Leave your weapons outside and if you arent prepared to shape up- dont you dare touch that sword or you will never draw one again!" The man who had reached for his sword hurriedly withdrew it in the face of the angry Innkeeper.

"Out! Any wounded, bring them here. Otherwise, get out!"

The abashed men shuffled out, muttering among themselves, but not too loudly. One or two looked like they might say sonething, before their eyes fell on the club Aman was now cradling in her arms. They took their wounded with them, incidentally, and Aman was glad of this- she wasnt sure she could deal with them without once more losing her temper. She took a deep breath, and counted to ten with her eyes closed. She opened them slowly and let out her breath again. She smoothed over her hair with a hand, making sure the bun was still neat, replaced the club and turned back to Hapman.

"Yes, Hapman?" She inquired politely to the stunned man.
Old 05-14-2003, 02:40 PM   #563
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Cami stood at the door glaring at the retreating figures of the Rangers. As one of the moderators in the Shire, she was very, very upset.

She turned around and snapped at the rest of the assembled guests, "Aman's right! They know better than that. There will be absolutely no fighting in the Inn for any reason whatsoever. Save your fighting for the RPGs.

Then she yelled at the retreating Rangers. "You will not be allowed back in the Inn until you do a stint washing dishes in the back. I'm not kidding! And if I see one more post, even a tiny one, that so much as mentions starting a fight, it will be summarily deleted." She held up Pio's club, which was almost as large as she was, and brandished it threateningly in the direction of the rangers.
Old 05-14-2003, 02:51 PM   #564
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

Through the chaos, Annalaliath excused herself from Nahi and Morwen saying," I shall return." then she leaned in and said pointedly," don't do anything without me." Annalaliath walked over to the newcomer, (The Harpist) drawing in the corner. Looking over her shoulder Annalaliath watched as the lines flew onto the page. Annalalaith's face still had the charcoal smudges and the charcoal handprint. Her fingers were still black from the medium and she watched as this other drew without noticing the Elf behind her.

Annalaliath breathed lightly and stood as quiet as possible, just watching. The girl in front of her was oblivious for the moment. But still Annalaliath watched. Finally she looked back to Morwen and Nahi and motioned to them to come and look. She took sips from the coffee that she had brought with her, holding it with her arms folded, casually looking over the girl’s shoulder.

And then she sneezed! A mighty sneeze, one that seemed to rock the small area of the Inn that she was in. This sneeze seemed not to come from an elf but an Ollophant. Charcoal dust shook from her cloths and hair and her coffee sloshed, but did not spill. “Uh… excuse me,” he said quietly before breaking down into a pool of laughter.
Old 05-14-2003, 03:04 PM   #565
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

After Aman had finished giving the two people a lecture about no weapons in the inn, a young Elf walked over to where Aman stood. However, being quite shy, the Elf said nothing.

"Hello," said Aman kindly. "If you would like a drink, the bar is over there." Aman pointed to where the drinks were being served."

The Elf stayed silent for a while, but spoke, rather suddenly, and with some speed. "I'm sorry, I was trying to work out, if you are, are you Aman?"

Aman was taken aback by this sudden outburst. "Yes, I am Aman. You do you ask?"

"My friend sent me here. She said that the Shire is a nice place, where the hobbits live. I've always been fascinated by hobbits, you see. Elentari said I would love it here."

"Elentari? Ah, how is my old friend?" Aman's eyes were smiling, as she watched the young Elf struggle to find the right words. An Elf fascinated by hobbits? It was not much of a surprise, but the Elf, why she was so young. How could she know of hobbits?

"Elentari is fine. In fact, she's better than fine. I'd say she's more healthy than ever."

"I see. That's good to hear. But, you must tell me your name, young Elf."

The Elf smiled. "Please forgive me Aman. It slipped my mind completely. I am Cetfleogan, but I prefer to be called Cet, because my full name is a mouthful even for me."

"Welcome to the Shire Cet," said Aman. "Well, you should fit in fine here. Why don't you go and talk to some hobbits?"

Cet shuffled slightly. "I would, but... well I'm so shy. I'd probably blurt out a whole string of questions, asking them what the Shire is like, and about hobbits and their ways."

"They won't bite," laughed Aman.

Cet smiled. She really did feel as if she was fitting in already. She let Aman get back to her duties, and set about finding a hobbit to talk to. Her dark eyes could see many hobbits, but most were talking to their friends, and she didn't want to intrude. Cet brushed a bit of her brown hair out of her eyes, and headed toward the bar. She had seen a nice selection of drinks on the way in, and was quite thirsty.
Old 05-14-2003, 04:35 PM   #566
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

THERE IS TO BE NO FIGHTING/VIOLENCE IN THE INN. THIS IS A LONGSTANDING RULE AT THE GREEN DRAGON.

SAVE IT FOR YOUR RPG'S.
Old 05-14-2003, 04:46 PM   #567
Gorothlammothiel

Gorothlammothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Soronume noticed the tears of silver fall down Niniel's cheeks, as did Elwen. "Why do you cry my'lady?" he asked her, "are we that bad company you cannot bear reveal anything about yourself to us?" he finished with a smile. Niniel didn't reply but brushed away the tears and tried to force a smile back.

Soronume offered a comforting hand to the maiden's back. He knew of little else to do, for he was inexpirienced with relationships and friendships. He too had been alone for the last few years, except of course that 'quest'.

Niniel still remained silent, something which seemed to linger at their table for a short while. Soronume watched as Elwen twisted the loose strands of her hair around her fingers and Niniel looked out into the busy room. Soronume found himself thinking back to years past, and the memories of late which seemed all to familiar.

A kindly voice brought Soronume back to the inn, "Mani naa ta Soronume?" It was Elwen who spoke to him and her tongue caused Niniel to look upon Elwen with surprise. "Nothing Elwen" was his sombre reply, which she did not appear to believe but he quickly changed the thread of conversation, shaking off the last of that unwelcome memory.

"My'lady," he said turning to face Niniel, "have you not more to tell us of yourself, as the lady Elwen earlier enquired?"
Old 05-14-2003, 05:28 PM   #568
The Harpest

Sting

She jumped at the sneeze, coming out of her concentration and it wasn't until then that she noticed the elf behind her. Her heart jumped to her throat at the first surprise then her cheeks heated when she realised the elf had been watching her draw. Quickly she folded the drawing and put it with the others, looking up at the elf.

"It's not very good, I could do much better if I had the propre tools." she said, standing and moving around her chair. "Good day, I am Devnet, clan-"

She stopped and smiled inwardly, thinking in was time to toss out any formal introductions. Time to break in some casual greetings. Cheerily she reached into her skirt pocket and took out her richly embroidered handkercheif, wiping the charcoal off her hands.

Offering her hand, the woman smiled "Call me Dev."

Old 05-14-2003, 08:15 PM   #569
Silmarien
Wight

Silmarien has just left Hobbiton.
Amarantha Mudruffin, a blue eyed, auburn-haired hobbit, strolled into the Green Dragon and ordered a glass of cider. She hadn’t been here before, but she was a rather audacious girl (her mother being ¾ Took). Also this was still the Shire and she felt quite at home.

She sat down at the bar next to an elf who looked rather lost. Turning she introduced herself. “Hello, I’m Amarantha Mudruffin. Who might you be and what might you be doing in these parts?”
Though here at journeys end I lie in dakness buried deep, beyond all towers strong and high beyond all mountains steep, above all shadows rides the Sun and Stars forever dwell:I will not say the Day is done nor bid the Stars farewell!
Old 05-14-2003, 08:35 PM   #570
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

"My'lady," Soronume said, turning to face Niniel, "have you not more to tell us of yourself, as the lady Elwen earlier enquired?"

Niniel tried hard to smile, she really did. Crying was not something that she usually did so easily. It was very tempting to just walk away and spare herself the distrust that was certain to come once she revealed her trade. But that wouldn't be fair to either Soronume or Elwen. She swallowed hard and forced herself to look at Soronume.

"Yes. I--I am--by trade, I--I'm a thief." Before they could respond, she hurried to add, "I don't--I don't steal when--when I don't have--don't have to. I--I don't like to--to steal when the--when the person might--might be as badly off as--as I."

Neither Elwen nor Soronume said anything for a long moment. "If--if you want--if you want me to--to go away, I--I'll understand." She started to rise.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:49 PM   #571
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Léspheria listened intently to Silvanis's recount of the lore of his fathers. He had paused and she perceived a sadness in his eyes, born of loss and hardship, she had seen that look on so many of the Dúnedain she had encountered in her long years. For their hardship was indeed long and wrought with much loss. Silvanis brushed his long greying locks from his face as he apologised for his moment of thought.

'Pardon my lapse m'lady, for I have not been around people in may a month. Do tell me of yourself if you wish it.'

She pondered his words wondering were to begin,After much thought she began " I was born into this world at the beginning of the third age. I was brought up in Rivendell by my parents, I knew nothing of the lands outside of Rivendell until I came of age. My mother taught me Embroidery, Dress making, Cookery .... et cetera, all the things a lady should know." This last line she spoke with an exasperated tone in her voice. " I learned Horse riding, herb lore, hunting and archery skills from my father" she smiled happily recounting the memories of her and her brother hunting in the woods around Rivendell with their father.

"In the year of my Coming of age I learned the history of my people, shortly after that a great sadness came over me for what reason I still know not. At that same time I started to have dreams... visions.... call them what you will." At these words Léspheria's soft features contorted into an image of deep pain.

Silvanis placed a comforting hand on her arm, urging her not to continue if the pain was to great. Her features softened at the look of concern on his handsome face and she shook her head saying "It's ok I'm fine, It is time that this tale is told"

Taking a deep breath she continued, "In the visions I saw myself bent over two wounded Elves, I could not see their faces or tell how bad their injuries. But I could see myself working relentlessly trying to heal them. At first I thought nothing of them, as at the time I was training to be a healer. But the dreams became more vivid and it soon became aparent that I was in the midst of some battle there were Men and Elves fighting side by side against Orcs, Hill-men and other unspeakable creatures and always the dream ended with a dark shadow looming over me and a sharp pain in my shoulder. At the time I still had no idea what it meant, but after about a year the dreams ended and I dwelt on them no longer.

Léspheria paused stopping a passing hobbit she recognised as being an employee of the inn, " may I please have a large mug of warmed cider and what ever my friend is having" she smiled pleasantly, the the rosy cheeked hobbit returned the smile nodding and telling her the cost of their drinks. Léspheria opened a small leather pouch that hung from her waist and handed the appropriate amount of coins to the halflings eagerly waiting hand, she closed her pouch and turned back to Silvanis to continue her tale.

"Now were was I, oh yes the dreams. As I said they stopped and I thought on them no more. But in the year 1975 of the Third Age As my brother and father were preparing to follow Glorfindel to war against the Witch-king of Angmar, the dreams returned and more frequently and more vividly than before. This time I could see the faces of the two elves I was trying to save it was the faces of my own father and brother. I had tried pleading with my father and brother not to go but they would not listen until I told them of my dream, but they did not see it as a portent of their own doom but of mine, so they forebade me to leave with them when I begged to go. I sat in my room alone pondering this vision, I stayed their for three day trying to figure out it's meaning. I was being given a choice, I figured in the end, yes, to choose to remain in Rivendell and sail to Valinor at a time of my choosing, but at the cost off my father and brothers lives or to disobey my father and go to Arnor and save their lives and forfit my own? I choose the latter I could not forfit their lives I loved them too dearly to even consider staying and letting them die.

I stole a horse and my mothers sword, packed all the healing herbs i could find and set of at once. Once I reached the battle I thought I would never find them. But the vision had showed me exactly were they would be, there were many dead and dying, mostly the enemy. But I managed to find them. Ignoring the battle around me I set to work. They were both unconscious and at first I feared that I was to late, but looking closer I could see that they were still breathing. I could not recognise my father at first as his face was covered in his own still warm blood, that was coming from a wound to his head and face. He also had an arrow sticking out of his left shoulder, As I pulled it out I realised it was Poisoned and I feared the worst, I worked quickly finding the herbs that would counter the poison. I made bandages by ripping the material of my skirts. I cleaned the wounds and dressed them as best I could then turned my attention to my brother his wounds were minor, gashes to his arms and chest and whelting to his right cheek were he must have been hit hard by something or someone?
I cleaned him up and was applying the makeshift bandages when a shadow fell across me, thinking my death was apon me I defaintly turned to meet it, my mothers sword in my hands. There towering over me was a hideously ugly orc bearing down on me with his sword, I lifted my mothers sword to block the on coming blow but having never used a sword before in my life the creature easily disarmed me. I stood there thinking this was the end when suddenly from out of nowhere two arrows hit the orc dead in the heart, it let out a horrible howl as it fell to the ground. I looked around and I saw a Tall dark haired man walking towards me, then I felt a sharp pain from my left shoulder, I looked to my shoulder and saw a black arrow sticking out of it and then I fell to the ground." Léspheria rubbed her left shoulder remembering the pain and the scar she still bore, a few tears rolled down her soft cheeks but she continued.

"When I awoke I was back in Rivendell and both my father and brother were well and sat at my side, there also was the man who had saved my life, His name was Dalwain and he was a Captain of the Dúnedain. After I was well again I tried to continue my life as it had been before the battle of fornost, but I grew restless and travelled more and more with my brother and the Rangers. Dalwain taught me their ways and how to use my mothers Short Sword, that she let me keep."

She Looked to Silvanis, again wearing a soft warm smile she said " that is a part of my story that made me the person that I am today, I still ride with my Brother and the Rangers of the north, when I'm not acting on behalf of my Lords."

Just then the Hobbit returned with their drinks, they both thanked her and Léspheria took a long draught, she felt the warm liquid coating her now tight and hoarse throat. She put down her mug and wondered if Silvanis had any other tales to tell.

"you look to have had many an adventure yourself, you must have a story you can share" she smiled hopefully.

[ May 14, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]
Old 05-15-2003, 02:23 AM   #572
arelendil
Wight

arelendil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Elwen took the maiden's hand and gently pulled her back down to her seat.

"Do not hurry off." smiled Elwen, "Do not let us judge you too quickly. a thief is no bad trade. i know many a noble thief with a heart of gold. A dear friend he was to me before he travelled over the western sundering seas. A hobbit by race, perhaps you know of him? Most seem to, his name has become quite famous."

Elwen laughed at the thought of past times. Memories so glad she could not help but smile at them.

Elwen glanced at Soronume who nodded kindly. Elwen's voice was warm and sweet, she released her grip on the maiden's hand as she spoke to her. "Perhaps you would like to explain to us how you came by this trade?"
Old 05-15-2003, 04:29 AM   #573
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Cet turned to the face the person who had spoken to her. "You.... you're.... you're a hobbit!"

"Well, this is the Shire," laughed Amarantha.

"Pleased to meet you Amarantha Mudruffin. My name is Cet. My friend Elentari told me to come here."

"Oh, why did she dod that?" asked Amarantha.

"Well," replied Cet. "Hobbits facinate me! So I suppose I've come to learn all I can about them. Do you come to the inn often, Amarantha?" Cet took a sip of her drink and waited for Amarantha's reply.
Old 05-15-2003, 05:21 AM   #574
The Daughter of Gollum and Shelob
Animated Skeleton

The Daughter of Gollum and Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Daughter of Gollum and Shelob
White-Hand

Meanwhile, Nanna was tired of dealing cards. No one was interested in the game anyway. So she put her cards back into their box.

She saw the young hobbit. She still had a picture of hobbits in her mind, especially Odo Draggins. That wretch. Perhaps the halflings of the Inn knew something about him. Well, you never know.

"Excuse me?" she asked the hobbit Amarantha, who smiled. "Do you know anyone called Odo Draggins? If you do? please could you tell me where he dwells?"

Amarantha looked surprised. Nanna forgot to introduce herself.

"By the way, I am Nannaliel. Call me Nanna." The hobbit smiled sweetly, as all hobbits did.
Old 05-15-2003, 12:02 PM   #575
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Morwyn watched as Annalaliath went over to the girl, Devnet. She exchanged glances with Nahai and shook her head. "That girl has talent."she shot the elf another glance. Annalaliath was eyeing the newcomer suspiciously. Morwyn hoped the two artists would get on well, once they got to know each other.

Nahai nodded thoughtfully, her gaze still following the elf with the shuffling green cards. The two suddenly looked up at Aman's enraged outburst at the strangers who'd been fighting. Morwyn's face went rather pale at the sight of the sword quivering in the wall near the men's heads, and Cami brandishing the club. "Perhaps now isn't the best time for mischief..." she said uncertainly.

Nahai followed her gaze to the sword buried in the wood paneled wall. "Perhaps just a little fun... if it was very good natured?" she said in a cajoling tone. Morwyn met her friend's eyes and giggled.

"Perhaps just a little." she said. "But we must wait for Annalaliath to come back, of course." She rubbed the side of her nose with one finger, the mischievous gleam back in her eyes. She sat like that for a while, her eyes wandering the room critically.

Finally she threw her hands up, "I simply can't think of anything!" she said to Nahai in a loud whisper. Nahai was laughing silently so hard her face began to turn red, but through her laughter she gasped,

"Morwyn, you are so obvious! We'll be caught for sure... Perhaps Annalaliath can think of something."
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 05-15-2003, 12:28 PM   #576
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Maegaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nahai's breath caught in her throat as the silver streak flew across the bar and embedded itself in the wall between the two fighting Rangers. As the room fell silent, she made a mental note never to be ungentlewomanly to Aman.

"Nice aim," she commented weakly. Then she turned to Morwyn, her face looking slightly paler than it was a moment ago. "Now would definately not be a good time for mischief."

"What shall we do then?" asked Morwyn. "We must wait for Annalalaith, but I do think we should have us a bit of fun." They looked to the two elven artists.

"Let's hope those two don't run into any differences in artistic opinions. I hear charcoal wounds can be quite nasty." Nahai laughed. The image of two elven maidens dueling with sticks of charcoal popped into her head. She knew Annalalaith would never do anything like that, but it did prove to be quite an amusing picture.

"But what to do?" Nahai scratched her head. "Know any good stories? Oh! I could give you a quick flute lesson, if you'd like." Nahai waited for her reply, trying to remember a good story or song.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:32 PM   #577
Laiquendi
Animated Skeleton

Laiquendi has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Lalaith sat on a bench near the inn. Blood poured freely from a cut on her forehead. Not far off a pile of burning carcasses lay. She shook her head.
Traps, how I hate them. She thought. The man had followed her deep into the wood, with at least several others. Springing from a tree she could take them all. They knew it too, they knew her history, and had they not been trusted to kill her before? She thought they looked familier. By others had come.

She smiled as a dark figure sat next to her, lowering his hood the ranger smiled.
"Joel" she said as she took his hand, "Thank you for your help."

His grin broadened. "How many times have you saved my life. It was only a matter of time till i repayed the favour."

Lalaith laughed. "I thought you were in Gondor. Elessar laid you off already?"

"Ha! He may be KIng, but he's always depended on me, the dear friend that he is. He asked me to tell you he's needs a herald."

"Ah, my job is never done" She smiled. "I have no buisness now. The others are dead and I'm free. But I will accept."

She stood and stretched her legs. She had left Gondor quickly, after the buisness with the assasins not only her life was in danger. If she had stayed then Aragorn's life would have suffered too. She sighed. Her bones ached and she was in need of a hot drink.

"Coming to the inn?" She asked Joel. He nodded and followed her in.

Walking to the bar she smiled at Aman. "Good evening, two hot drinks for me and my companion" She handed over the money and they sat in a dark corner, heads bent over ancient looking maps. Discussing what seemed like important buisness in elvish. Planning a route back to Gondor, with some extra route along the way.

I amar prestar aen, Han mathon ne nen, Han mathon ne chae, A han noston ned wilith.
Old 05-15-2003, 02:20 PM   #578
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Aman greeted the young elf, Cet, with surprise and delight. It had been a year or more since she had seen Elentari last, no time really for the elf, but a long period it seemed to Aman. Afterwards, Cet wandered towards the bar. A minute later, when Aman looked back, she saw Cet sitting, wide eyed, beside a hobbit girl and smiled to herself, despite her irritation. A fight, of that nature and that depth, in her Inn. Why, it was practically a tavern brawl, they way they had fought over nothing. Well, Aman knew exactly how she would deal with any more occurences of the like, and it wouldnt just be a sword above the head.

Placing a foot against the wall, she yanked the sword out of the woodwork where it had been quivering, and carefully lowered it. She noticed the odd looks she was recieving and smiled good-naturedly back. Nahai made a comment about it being a good shot and Aman curtsied, the picture of a lady, bar the two or three feet of finely carved steel in her hand. But all the denizens of the Inn knew what Aman would do to defend the place and its reputation- that had been a warning.
Old 05-15-2003, 04:48 PM   #579
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Morwyn's eyes lit up at the thought of a flute lesson. "Would you?" she asked with a large smile. Nahai nodded, and Morwyn ran upstairs to her room. The carved flute was on her bedside table where she'd carefully placed it the night before. Snatching it up she hurried back down the stairs.

Arriving breathlessly back to the table, she pushed her hair behind her ears and handed the flute to Nahai. Nahai took it and held it a certain way, her fingers covering up some of the holes and leaving others open. "This is how you hold it." she said.
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 05-15-2003, 08:37 PM   #580
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Somewhat reassured, Niniel half-smiled. For once, she wasn't immediately disliked and distrusted. But how to answer Elwen's question? How she became a thief was as much a mystery to her as it was to Elwen and Soronume.

"I--I don't know. All--all I know is that I--that I am. I know i-i-it must sound odd, but I--but I don't remem--remember anything of my life before--before my sixteenth year. Sometimes, I have--I have horrible dreams. All--all about fire, and--and loss, and fear. I--I always wake--wake up with my cheeks wet with--with tears." Tears were the least of it. She would wake screaming, in a cold sweat.

Then she asked, "A--another thief? A--a hobbit? I--I'm afraid that I--I haven't heard of anyone who--who's gone over--gone over the sea."
Old 05-15-2003, 10:28 PM   #581
Silmarien
Wight

Silmarien has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

“Fascinate you?” she asked wonderingly. “Wha...” She was cut off by a lady “Excuse me? Do you know anyone called Odo Draggins? If you do? please could you tell me where he dwells?"

Amarantha smiled and looked surprised. The lady then introduced herself "By the way, I am Nannaliel. Call me Nanna." She smiled cheerily and answered “Well, Nanna. Odo Dragins?” she paused, then continued cheekily “I don’t believe I’ve had the pleasure, or the displeasure, from the look on your face.”
Though here at journeys end I lie in dakness buried deep, beyond all towers strong and high beyond all mountains steep, above all shadows rides the Sun and Stars forever dwell:I will not say the Day is done nor bid the Stars farewell!
Old 05-16-2003, 01:09 AM   #582
Katt b
Pile O'Bones

Katt b has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The doors of the Green Dragon begin to open half of a very small woman can be seen. She pauses,turns and lets out a short whistle,she waits ,then amazingly a small Hawk flies out of the sky and lands lovingly on her shoulder.

She continues into the Inn ,she serveys the room and walks up to the Innkeeper.
"Excuse me, Do you have any availible rooms for me and my friend?"

[ May 16, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 05-16-2003, 01:49 AM   #583
Laiquendi
Animated Skeleton

Laiquendi has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Joel pointed to a northern area on the map, and laughed. Lalaith almost pushed him off the chair while laughing as well. She recalled a distant memory of those mountains. In the time when Sauron had been banished from Mirkwood. With a more solemn look on his face he pointed to the north woods. Lalaith sighed and shook her head.

“Nay, we cannot pass through there. Not all the orcs of this land are gone, and there is a large camp there. How I would love to dispose of their filthy so called bodies, but alas they’re numbers are too large. Elessar knows and I believe he has a plan in mind.”

“As long as it doesn’t have anything to do with the dead, then I’m happy.” Joel answered

“Nay, it doesn’t. And you’re scared of the dead? They are but a distant remainder and memory of the past.”

“Not scared. How many times have we had to set up camp on the dead marshes? And did I not walk the paths of the Dead? Not scared. Just a little anxious. Anyway ‘tis the others I would worry about. He might be left with half a force if it involves the dead.”

Lalaith nodded. She knew all to well that not many, even in the service of Gondor, wanted dealings with the dead. They had all witnessed the destruction with Sauron, and feared seeing loved ones again. She pointed to a mountain pass.

“Here, this should be free from the elements even in winter. There is a well sheltered path and we can see the forest from it most of the time. If they make a move we’ll see it. It’s relatively easy to pass through, only a few thieves and murderers hide out there. And if they cause any trouble one elf is too much for them.” She smiled “Let alone an elf and a top ranger in his Majesties guard”

He grinned and almost pushed her off her seat, leaning over he happily grinned.
“You forget my dear friend that you are in his Majesties guard as well. And he trusts you more in Middle-Earth than he trusts his own sons!”

Lalaith laughed as his head flopped on the table. She removed the drink from his hand and laughed. Mortals! She thought Still unable to handle they’re drinks.
She smiled fondly at the ranger. He had grown up around her and she had even taught him to fight, and now he was one of the best in the land. He’s right A part of her said. And you know that’s its true. Estel trusts you more than anyone, so don’t let him down. She sighed as she finished her drink. Sitting back she glanced around the inn. She wiped the blood off her face as best as she could as it was still flowing freely. Thoughts still rushed around her head, as she spoke aloud. “I have never let him down. And I never will!”

I amar prestar aen, Han mathon ne nen, Han mathon ne chae, A han noston ned wilith.
Old 05-16-2003, 04:13 AM   #584
arelendil
Wight

Silmaril

Elwen smiled kindly at the maiden. She knew how memory could be wiped away. It was always hard to be missing a piece of you. Something she was having to come to terms with herself.

Elwen laughed "I'm surprised you have not heard of this hobbit. A great thief he was. Stole from many, but never for self gain as far as I know. You must of heard of him, Bilbo, Bilbo Baggins." she laughed again, her laugh like the tinkling of little bells. "Well indeed, I thought that everyone in every race had heard of my old friend. It would please him to know that he is not quite as famous as he thought. He always was one for the quiet life, couldn't stand being known."

Elwen turned to Soronume. He looked deep in thought. "Have you heard enough or do you want the maiden to continue?" Her voice seemed to ripple through his thoughts. He turned to look at her slowly.

[ May 16, 2003: Message edited by: arelendil ]
Old 05-16-2003, 05:21 AM   #585
Gorothlammothiel

Pipe

Soronume thought about what the young Niniel had said. Not knowing of the younger years of his life was not something that Soronume has had to contend with, for he remembered his childhood well. It was what came to light in later years that had thrown Soronume into a state that would allow him to understand Niniel's troubles.

"Have you heard enough or do you want the maiden to continue?" Elwen had asked, bringing Soronume back to the table. He turned to look upon her slowly, then to Niniel who shifted ever so slightly in her seat.

"Nay Elwen. I do not wish to hear more of a story that brings such pain to it's keeper. I'm sure that the lady Niniel has heard and answered enough of our questions for today." He looked upon Niniel who smiled with slight relief at the thought of ending her tale where she had. He gave a smile in return.

Just as Soronume was about to speak out from the moment of silence, a pain took his side once more. Nothing as violent as before, he did not need to grasp his side with any speed, but it was enough to cause significant discomfort in Soronume that he held his hand low and sighed heavily. It was also action enough that it was noticable to those who sat at the table with him.
Old 05-16-2003, 05:53 AM   #586
Animated Skeleton

White-Hand

On the table also sat young Nanna. She was still eyeing the hobbits, seeking for this Odo. She barely remembered how he looked like, and could not see the resemblance in any of the hobbits.

Outside, the wind played with the angry clouds, which cried its dirty tears. The Inn stood like a fortress against the storm.

Nanna took her book and began to read. She caught sight of the Innkeeper and ordered a beer.
Old 05-16-2003, 06:59 AM   #587
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

After Amarantha had finished talking to the lady asking about Odo, Cet tried her best to explain what she had meant.

"You see," began Cet. "Although I am only young, and I have never left Mirkwood, I have heard many wondrous tales about hobbits. Especially about Frodo and the War of the Ring. I always ask to hear that one, and I never get bored of it.

"I suppose you could say that I wish to be a Hobbit myself. You are the first Hobbit I have spoken to, and already what I have been told about your gracious manners have be confirmed."

"Thank you for your kind words Cet," said Amarantha. "But do not be surprised if you meet, well, less than kind Hobbits. Some can be quite mean if you don't know them. However, given time and patience all Hobbits are kind." Amarantha smiled as she said this.

"I'm sure I'll have all the patience in the world, Amarantha. I hope to stay here for a long time. So what family are you from? Baggins, Took? I haven't heard many names, so you must forgive me if I don't recognize yours." Cet took another sip of her drink, as she liked to do in a pause in a conversation. She was looking forward to getting to know the hobbits.
Old 05-16-2003, 07:32 AM   #588
arelendil
Wight

Silmaril

Elwen loooked at soronume, deep into his eyes. "A wound or just the memory of one?"

"Only the memory now remains." was his quiet reply, still holding his side.

"Would you like me to do something about it?" Elwen smiled. She could feel his pain, it was strange. Not the type of pain she was used to, and mixed with the pain of the old wound was memories from his past. "Only once have i seen a similar wound, and that was long ago when i was not on this earth, i fear that i have lost some of the power i once had. But i can try if you wish..."
Old 05-16-2003, 08:04 AM   #589
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Niniel was far more grateful to Soronume than she showed outwardly. As much as she desired to know of her past, she had, mostly, anyway, come to terms with not knowing. Still, it was--unpleasant to try to tell her tale. What she had of one, anyway.

When Soronume grasped his side, her first impulse was to put her arm around him, but she did not. She feared to be so familiar with him when they met not so long ago. Also, she felt that Elwen's offer of help would be far more effective than what she could do. Besides, Elwen knew him better.

Niniel watched, more than slightly jealous of Elwen's familiarity with Soronume. If only she could do the same for him. If only.
Old 05-16-2003, 11:37 AM   #590
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Maegaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The wooden flute felt familiar in Nahai's hands. Her fingers automatically curled around the thin body of the instrument, forming what she knew would produce a low, sweet tone. An easy note to play and learn.

Closing her eyes, she blew softly. This produced a low, sad note, like a lonely wind echoing through a river canyon. The flute's wooden body made each note sound airy and fluid, unlike the silvery bird-songs produced by Annalalaith's flute. Both were beautiful, but it always amazed Nahai how different two of the same instrument could sound.

She shifted her fingers to a new position. Now the sound it emitted was higher and brighter, strangely reminiscent to a summer's day. Nahai opened her eyes and handed the flute to Morwyn.

"You try," she instructed. Nahai directed the woman where to place her fingers, and she caught on surprisingly quick. Soon, the Beorning had taught the Rohan woman a handful of basic notes. Then she took back the flute and began to play a slow song, making a point to exaggerate whre her fingers were moving. Once finished,she handed the flute back to Morwyn.

"Now it's your turn," she said. "Play from your heart."
Old 05-16-2003, 12:11 PM   #591
Animated Skeleton

White-Hand

Nanna loved the beautiful sound of Nahai playing. She had not heard music since she was a small child. The airy song of the flute contrasted to the hammering rain outside. It warmed the cold hearts of Nahai's audience.

Nanna wondered to herself. This Nahai is really quite nice, she thought. She felt guilty about shouting at this gentle creature before, so she decided to make amends.

"Nahai," she said, "I am sorry I was so fiery before. Your playing was beautiful." Now she was ready to listen to Morwyn. "Do you mind if I accompany your playing by singing?" she said to her. Nanna had the most lovely clear strong elven voice. She felt guilty, and willed to befriend these people.
Old 05-16-2003, 01:49 PM   #592
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

Taking Dev's hand Annalaliath looked at her. She wondered at the strangeness of it all. Her hands were still covered on charcoal dust and her face still had the smudges and the handprint. She looked once more at the young girl and thought, " Oh by Varda, she cleaned up." Then she said, " Call me Annalaliath, you are welcome to come to my table and meet my friends." She motioned to the table where the flute lesion was going on. " We would be more than happy."

Annalaliath let go of the handshake and then she laughed. " But, young one, if you don't start to pretend you are the master of art you never will be!" She laughed again and started to walk over to the table. Morwen and Nahi were in the middle of the lesson. Annalaliath stopped and turned around and waited or Dev, " are you coming," she asked.

[ May 16, 2003: Message edited by: Annalaliath ]
Old 05-16-2003, 02:18 PM   #593
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

Silvanis thanked Lady Léspheria for the fresh ale, and he listened of her story with intent. He said,

'It was a hard time in the north, those years. I find it fascinating that I have only lore passed on through the generations of men, both written and spoken, while you have lived through the years. What tale could I speak of that would interest one who has lived the Third Age? Have you not been to many places in this land?'

His blue-grey eyes pierced hers as he sought knowledge from her expressions. Just then, an exploding ember shot out of the fire with a loud pop, and it bounced across the table, coming to rest against Silvanis's tankard of ale. It hissed slightly from the moisture upon its outsides, and blackened the old table before extinguishing itself. Silvanis watched as its redness darkened, and then stood from his chair. Stretching out, his bare arms flexed from his sleevless leather vest,and he turned and twisted before setting down.

'My pardon m'lady. It has been long since I had sat in a chair for so long and I am a bit stiff.'

Silvanis settled again and looked at the fire for a moment before turning to Léspheria. He asked her,

'Have you been to the south of the Anduin, especially now that it is somewhat safer to travel the ancient caravan routes of Harad and Khand? I could tell you of my journies there if you like.'

He took a good refreshing swallow of his ale as his mind sank into thought of those days as the music of the being played, for it soothed him.

[ May 16, 2003: Message edited by: Snowdog ]
Old 05-16-2003, 02:45 PM   #594
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Morwyn watched intently as Nahai's fingers moved on the body of the wooden flute. The Beorning woman played the song slowly, and Morwyn remembered the finger positions for each note. It was a sweet sad song, and Morwyn thought it was lovely.

After she finished Nahai passed the flute back across the table to Morwyn. Morwyn picked it up carefully, and held it the way Nahai had showed her. As she brought it to her lips to attempt to play, Nanna spoke from beside her. "Do you mind if I accompany your playing with singing?" Morwyn froze. She thrust the flute back toward Nahai and turned to Nanna with a red face.

"I don't know how to play it." she said quickly. "I'm sorry."

Nahai pushed her outstretched hands back toward her. "Try," she said. Morwyn put the flute to her lips and blew. Remembering the first note of the song Nahai had shown her, she began to play. The first line came out correctly, if somewhat slow and haltingly. Morwyn's eyes widened as she continued to find the notes with her fingers. Nahai smiled.

A piercing screech cut through the air. Everyone looked up and stared in the direction of the little group by the table. Morwyn put the flute down. Her face was beet red with embarrassment. "I can't do it." she said slowly to Nahai, and hid her face in her forgotten coffee cup.
Old 05-16-2003, 04:07 PM   #595
Gorothlammothiel

Pipe

"But I can try if you wish..."

Soronume raised his hands back to the table top and took up his glass. The pain had now gone, and he took a sip from his drink before answering the star-maiden.

"Thank you for the thought Elwen, but I'm afraid that there will be little you can do for me, even with the talents you clearly possess. Such a wound is nothing but a memory and the pain little more itself. If you were able to rid me from its grasp I would still have to decline, for however uncomfortable it is, the memory is that of a dear friend and I would not 'heal' that under any circumstance."

Soronume looked deep into Elwen's eyes. The star maiden seemed to understand his intentions but didn't appear to see what Soronume had meant by not wanting the 'pain' to leave him, however much it hurt.

"Everyone in this room has their own woes and troubles" he gestured out into the busy room, then turned back to Elwen and Niniel. "Each of them different. This is mine, and I must learn to live with it as you both have with yours."

Now they understood. Elwen could see that not even she could heal this wound of his, and Niniel that Soronume carried just as many burdens as she. She realised she was not the only one with a darker past, and was contented in the thought that even with the star maiden's offer of help, Elwen was of no more help to him than helself.

Soronume took the last sip from his glass then placed it down on the table. "Another drink Niniel? Elwen?" He stood up, pushing his chair away from the table and took the three empty glasses away to the bar, leaving the two maidens sat alone.

[ May 16, 2003: Message edited by: Gorothlammothiel ]
Old 05-16-2003, 04:43 PM   #596
bilbo_baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In my front hallway, grabbing my staff, about to head out my door
bilbo_baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to bilbo_baggins
Sting

As Enessar drew up to the Inn, he thought of all the many inns he had seen in his long life. Clad in a green tunic he was not that outstanding from a distance. At first glance he seemed to be entirely aloof from everyone and everything except him, his things, and his horse.
He wished that in this inn he would find friends wishing him to acclompish something, to keep himself from his past which he hoped to forget.
As he opened the door, people gave him a glance and then turned to their friends again; as always, he felt alone.

[ May 17, 2003: Message edited by: bilbo_baggins ]
Old 05-16-2003, 04:59 PM   #597
bilbo_baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In my front hallway, grabbing my staff, about to head out my door
bilbo_baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to bilbo_baggins
Sting

When Enessar sat with his ale near the main entrance watching for trouble; if it were the policy of this inn to be peaceful he would like to help

After a couple of pints, he felt he should probably see to the surrounding area and find a place for his horse: the inn's stable was full what with all the travelers.

Outside, it was dark and quiet. Enessar felt his half-brother, a halfelven, in the vicinity; perhaps in town. He felt his malice.

Hating that things should arise from the past to bring harm to these peaceful Shire villagers, he decided to stay low in the Inn.

[ May 17, 2003: Message edited by: bilbo_baggins ]

[ May 18, 2003: Message edited by: bilbo_baggins ]
Old 05-16-2003, 05:27 PM   #598
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

As Estella made her way toward the door to the Inn, she took a few deep breaths to calm her nerves. She'd never been very comfortable in social situations, but she was forcing herself to get out of her hole and be around people. Just one pint, she thought. And I'll leave...just one pint.

Estella was 55 and had never been married, so other hobbits sometimes treated her as an outcast...an old maid. This was the reason she never left her hole much, not after Gorbadoc died...

She shook the memories out of her head. As she reached the door, she straightened her skirt and smoothed down her graying hair in which the beautiful red it had once been was now only a memory.

She opened the door to the smoke filled Inn, and quickly glanced around the room. A couple of hobbits looked up, but no one payed much attention to her. She hoped to keep it that way. She didn't want to be in the spotlight. She wiped the sweat from her palms on her skirt and approached the bar. She took a seat at the far end, and waited quietly for the bartender.

[ May 17, 2003: Message edited by: alaklondewen ]
Old 05-16-2003, 06:52 PM   #599
Katt b
Pile O'Bones

Sting

The "small woman" thanks the Innkeeper quickly and makes her way to the Inn's Bartender."I'll have the biggest ale you've got"She says while plopping down some money.She takes her ale and makes her way confidently to the farthest corner of the Inn.

She whispers to the Hawk who is fluttering nervously on her shoulder,with a flick of her arm the Halk flies up to the nearest rafter above her head.She sets her ale on the table and begins to take off her traveling pack.She sits and fumbles to open it,then takes out a small piece of material to tie bck her hair.

You can now see this is not mearly a small woman,but a very small She Elf!She then takes a long drink from her ale,which is surprising because ale is not a favorite of the Elven kind...But she is not your typical elf as you can see from her size.
Old 05-16-2003, 07:06 PM   #600
Katt b
Pile O'Bones

Sting

The small She Elf in the corner looks up to see small little men? dancing on a table.She looks up quickly to her Halk Kitathas to see how she's fairing,she decides that she's alright,so she turns all her attention to the small men dancing and having a good time.

She smiles inwardly,and catches herself before she laughs out loud.She puts a stern look on her face and stares into her ale.