The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2000, 03:13 PM   #1
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ring Fan Fiction

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wraith of Angmar
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Someone at another Tolkien site asked me to help write some Tolkien fan fiction. He was quite persistent, so I finally gave it a go. The thing was, he not only wanted me to write some fan fiction, but he wanted me to come up with a character (and a name) that could be used for a continuously expanding story. I don't know why the requester had such confidence in me, but I decided to give it a whirl.

I wrote a small introductory story, setting things up for new authors to expand upon. But a week later no one has even seen what I wrote. The site it is on is still in the process of generating some traffic, but the process may be a long one at this rate.

So, having gone to the effort of writing it, I want someone to actually see it and, if anyone is interested, help to continue the story.

Based on your comments I may (1) Post it at The Barrow-Downs site and continue it with installments I and others write; or (2) let it languish where it is; or (3) if your comments are really bad, trash it and go back to my normal method - pure plagerism.

So....the next post will show what I wrote. Comments and critques very welcome. Sock it to me!

The Barrow-Wight (RKittle)
<font size="2">I usually haunt http://www.barrowdowns.comThe Barrow-Downs</a> and The Barrow-Downs http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgiMiddle-Earth Discussion Board</a>.</p>