The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-19-2008, 09:41 AM   #681
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Arrrrgh sorry Rikae. It's quite a bad combination to be very confident and very wrong at the same time.

And congratulations, Kit. Well played - hopefully I will now learn not to drop my suspicions at a crucial point. Were you a wolf from the beginning?

*totally deserves to be lynched*
Old 07-19-2008, 09:44 AM   #682
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
So it was you, Kitanna! I was hoping...

And I can answer your question, Agan: she was the new wolf.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:08 AM   #683
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh and sorry for being so damn suspicious - at some point I realised I was behaving like a wolf half-deliberately. Suppose I was traumatized by DW.

Sorry Sixth. I really thought you were suspicious.
Sorry EW for lynching you in spite of not suspecting you very much.
Sorry Nilp. Your innocence was a bigger surprise to me than Kit's guilt.
Sorry Form, but at that moment I was feeling rather good about Mith.
Sorry Eönwë. I think I would have voted for Kitanna, had I not become certain of Rikae's guilt then.
And sorry Rikae.

Though I guess we shouldn't start the post-game discussion before Brinn has posted the final narration...
Old 07-19-2008, 10:17 AM   #684
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I'll second the "sorry, Nilp". I guess I helped put the noose around your neck (posthumously)... and it was so sweet of you to defend me.

(Hey, someone has to gloat.)
Old 07-19-2008, 02:05 PM   #685
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
Though I guess we shouldn't start the post-game discussion before Brinn has posted the final narration...
Yeah, thanks. It's kinda weird to get online to discover your game has ended without you....

Technically it's still day, but obviously there's no reason to wait for deadline to put up the narration. I'll get to work on it right away and put it up as soon as I can. And until it's up, I'll request that everyone please don't post just yet.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:07 PM   #686
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Day 8

The last day was a critical one for the two lonely innocent BDers. The fate of the Barrow Downs was left in their hands. The pressure was on.

For most of the day, Rikae and Aganzir butted heads.
“You are the furriest wolf I’ve ever seen!” accused Aganzir.
“Ha, I’m no wolf and you know it…wolf!” Rikae yelled back.
“Hey Kitanna, what do you think?” asked Aganzir.
“Yeah,” said Rikae. “We assume you’re innocent, so you decide. Who should we lynch?”
Kitanna, who had spent most of the day watching in the sidelines, stared hard at Rikae then moved her gaze onto Aganzir. She was silent for several minutes before deciding. “Let’s lynch Aganzir,” she finally spoke.

Kitanna picked up her pitchfork and Rikae grabbed her torch as they approached Aganzir. Aganzir’s expression changed to one of horror as she realised what was about to happen.
“No, wait!” she cried. “You’re making a mistake! I’m innocent, I tell you!”
“I seriously doubt that,” Rikae replied.
Aganzir squealed and took off running. But the poor girl was so frightened she couldn’t run in a straight line, but instead ran in circles around her accusers. Rikae and Kitanna watched in amusement as she lapped them a dozen times before collapsing to the ground from dizziness. The two looked at each other and shrugged.
“Time’s up!” said Kitanna and she sunk the pitchfork deep into Aganzir’s chest.
“Oww! This…really….hurts…” were Aganzir’s final words. And then she died.

Nothing happened.
“Why isn’t she changing?” Rikae wondered.
She glanced up at Kitanna who was wearing an unusually large grin.
“Crap,” Rikae realised. “It’s you!”
“Yep, I’m the wolf,” Kitanna laughed. “And how fun it was to watch you two go at it all day. Now, to finish it off…”
Rikae slowly backed away. “Oh please, won’t you spare me?” she begged.
“Let you live?” she replied. “Just so you can squeal?”
“No, I won’t tell anyone. I swear!”
“Well it’s a thought,” the wolf considered. “But then again, I’ve already fixed supper. All that’s missing is the meat.” She grinned.
“Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Rikae screamed and sprinted straight into the forest.

Rikae ran as fast as she could, not bothering to see if the werewolf was following her. She kept running, until she ran straight off a cliff.
“Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!” she yelled and then landed on top of the Ka’s rotting corpse with a sickening crunch.

Back at the camp, Kitanna laughed to herself as she threw the meat of Aganzir into the boiling pot.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It wasn’t always this way. Kitanna had started off like any other ordinary BDer. She had come to the camp to finally meet her online friends, and for the first two days she had honestly helped try to uncover who was responsible for the Barrow-Wight’s death. But when the wolves came to her on that third night, she received a new calling. Being evil is always so much more fun…so who could resist? And once bitten, she could never go back.

Though her mates were dead, Kitanna would finish what they started. They had sacrificed themselves so that she could finish what they started. The night before he died, Boromir had taught her all the secrets to being a hacker. It was her destiny to continue what her fellow wolves had started, and she would do them proud.

Back in the real world (where there’s electricity), Kitanna plugged in her laptop and turned it on, waiting patiently as the computer loaded. The Barrow Downs log-in page appeared on the screen and she punched in the necessary codes. “Thank you for logging in, The Barrow-Wight.Kitanna smiled.

The hackers were now in control. A new age had dawned on The Barrow Downs, and nothing would ever be the same.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The Living:

Kitanna~the self-righteous know-it-all (hacker/werewolf)

The Dead:

The Barrow-Wight~took up permanent residence in a barrow (mod)
The Sixth Wizard~ grammar Nazi~strung up in a tree (ordo)
McCaber~ does it 4 teh lulz~made the narration much more amusing than it originally was (ordo)
The Elf-Warrior~nitpicker~didn’t know how to float (ordo)
Nerwen~ rabid fangirl~willingly traded her life for an autographed Legolas poster (hacker/werewolf)
Kath~artiste~wrote her last poem (ordo)
Nilpaurion Felagund~ Ainulindalë Addict~had a mouthful of dynamite (ordo)
Durelin~ Unreliable RPG Addict~made a delicious s’more (moderator seer)
Mithalwen~ therapist~provided a satisfying meal while keeping her BDers warm (hacker/wolf)
THE Ka~Artful Dodger~took a wrong turn (ordo)
satansaloser2005~a fan of everything but Tolkien~suffered from a severe case of Stockholm Syndrome (spammer/cobbler)
Shastanis Althreduin~ chatspeak translator~became an easy target (moderator ranger)
Formendacil~ Tolkien Canonist~wasn’t very good at hiding (ordo)
Boromir88~ the one upper~made excellent firewood (hacker/wolf)
Eomer of the Rohirrim~ easily-offended trendy~his ninja moves could not match kung fu werewolf (moderator hunter)
Eönwë~ conspiracy theorist~mosquitoes loved him a little too much (ordo)
Nogrod~ the wanna-be moderator~killed by kindness (ordo)
Aganzir~ non-anonymous neg-repper~didn’t know how to run in a straight line (ordo)
Rikae~ the person who tries to fake knowledge of the books and fails miserably~ran in too straight of a line (ordo)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Werewolves win!!
Cobbler wins!!
Innocents lose.

Everyone may now feel free to discuss the game.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 04:13 PM   #687
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Haha! I told you!
Old 07-19-2008, 04:13 PM   #688
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Sigh.

I was positive Agan and Rikae were innocent, but until yesterday (you can ask Sally) I was equally sure Nogrod was the last wolf.

Well played, Kitanna.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 04:17 PM   #689
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

A quick summary

(This is mainly from memory...if I've made any mistakes, let me know. )

Night 1

Dream: Formendacil

Day 1

Hunt: Mithalwen

Lynch: The Sixth Wizard

Night 2

Dream: none

Protect: Kath

Wolf Kill: Kath

Day 2

Lynch: Elf-Warrior

Night 3

Dream: Rikae

Protect: Sally

Wolf Kill: Kath

Day 3

Hunt: Nilpaurion

Lynch: Nilpaurion

Night 4

Dream: Aganzir

Protect: Eomer

Hunt: Shasta

Wolf Kill: Durelin

Day 4

Lynch: Mithalwen

Night 5

Protect: Rikae

Hunt: Shasta

Wolf Kill: Sally

Day 5

Lynch: Shasta

Night 6

Hunt: Boromir

Wolf Kill: Formendacil

Day 6

Lynch: Boromir

Night 7

Hunt: Rikae

Wolf Kill: Eomer

Day 7

Lynch: Eonwe

Night 8

Wolf Kill: Nogrod

Day 8

Lynch: Aganzir
Old 07-19-2008, 04:51 PM   #690
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I can't believe Aganzir's case against me was made with good intent! Come on, Brinn, Agan's the secret cobbler, right?
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 04:51 PM   #691
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I do like how at one point or another every gifted targeted Rikae.

Edit: X'd with the object of my post, how ironic.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 07-19-2008, 05:00 PM   #692
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Yay! *celebrates*

And you, you ungrateful little fuzzbuckets.... *slaps the wolves, just for effect* But we won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 05:25 PM   #693
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
It was great to see a game going to the end after a long time! These games are one good reason to play these games one after another (even if I myself had no opportunity to follow it to the bitter end).

Thanks Brinn for the genuine idea and the beautiful implementation of it! I loved the narrations – and especially mine: I would be just that guy myself – not such a looney possibly (which of us likes to be portrayed an idiot?) but the one to go and try it that way just believing things could be changed...

Congrats wolves! You were a sneaky team indeed!

Nerwen: You totally fooled me! Yes, I had only scant possibilities ond Days 1 and 2 to read and play but nevertheless you managed to convince me about you being innocent whom the others just suspected because of your IC-posts... How wrong I was!

Mith: Soo sorry! But I just felt you were a wolf this time and even if I wished to see you in the game - as I always do - I needed to see you lynched. It's not usual for me to be that confident but now I was. I just knew it from Day2-3 onwards...

Boro: Oh you devious wolf you! My only credit is that I finally managed to write it open that I suspected you - and why I did it - before you started your ranger-show... A risk taken and won by you! Kudos. Your vote on Mith kept me away from attacking you full forwards as it made me insecure about that before your show-off which kind of changed everything...

Kitanna: Isn't it ironic that I suspected you heavily the first Days you were innocent and when you finally were turned into a wolf I jusat "forgot" you? Oh my! I was coming back with my suspicions but I never got there... *bows for cunningness & Night-boldness* (*not loving evasive victories though*)

And the special one:

Sally: You're "the natural born cobbler"! And you played it well indeed! I mean you really helped the evil-side win! Absolutely fantastic!

And a cheer to our gifteds!

Dury: It was such a fun to read your posts again! So sad you had to die so early. I'd bet a million the wolves got lucky that Night! Now what were your actual dreams?

Eomer: Gallant as ever and fun to play with (even if it took time for you to realise I was innocent). But battling it out with our ranger!

Shasta: Sooooooooooo sorrrry! Well, I tried to PM you after you were lynched but your PM-box was full (hopefully for the reason some others felt bad too). But as I said in the game already, it was not that Boro is someone who has been here longer but just because a false-revealment just didn't seem to make sense - and oh, how I pondered it only to realise it later there was a sense in it! Just don't overdo the "being controversial enough not to be killed by Night" -stuff the next time - I haven't learned it yet but maybe you could.

And kudos to the villagers! It was a nice & crowded one! I don't have time to thank you all now but just a few ones I can come forwards right now...

Aganzir: I know you're a wolf more than half of the games you play and that leads me to suspect you all the time. Your chosen tactics of playing it the way you did, didn't quite ease my suspicions - added to the way you voted. Sorry I suspected you so heavily. We could have played it fine together!

Rikae: You were on this game less than normally and I understood it as I was myself able to play less than normal... But you were just so sensible that I had to suspect you for that! (now what does that tell us of WW-games in general?) And so sad as it sounds, your individual behaviour happened to turn out "defending the wolves" and thence arousing my suspicions. Good game from you, sadly it was not enough...

Eönwë: One more sorry to be voiced! You really made yourself look suspicious in the beginning but then got much better... Sadly it was easy to interpret that as getting some Nightly advices... Also you happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time as Kath's kill pointed towards you so nicely... It was no problem in the early Days but in the end I thought it started to look like we had to check that out just to be sure.

Formendacil: Somehow your last posts during the Day you were almost lynched made me believe in your innocense. They just felt like it. It was nice to play a game with you that lasted more than one Day! Appreciated your game - but not your Day1 vote...

Last edited by Nogrod; 07-19-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 06:11 PM   #694
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
An amazing job Kitanna, I knew you could do it.

Sorry you had to leave us Nerwen, and sorry we couldn't sacrifice you. To tell you the truth, I didn't think we deserved to have a new wolf, because Nerwen informed us she had things come up and we had the sinister plan of lynching her that day. I wasn't intending on getting tied in too closely, but the more and more Elf-warrior kept begging to get lynched ( ) the harder I tried to get all of you after Nerwen.

Mith and I were laughing because of all the talk about our strategy, we really didn't have anything "pre-planned." (The only thing being trying to sacrifice Nerwen). Everything else we just kind of went with, an "in the moment" sort of thing. I don't know if I told Kitanna, but my other partners knew I was going to act as an ordinary innocent and jump on anything I thought was suspicious (whether they were my teammates or not). And I think it was Mith's reminder that we didn't "know" anything that helped me the most.

I guess I could tell everyone what I sent Shasta after you all lynched him ( :evil laugh: ). This is the play-by-play of what all went through my head in about 3 minutes:
Quote:
Since I caused you a maddening headache and such frustration you will be first to hear my reasons for the fake reveal.

The best case scenario is we lynch an innocent kill you during the night and it's 5-2. So, it still takes 2 more days for a win. The problem I was considered extremely innocent and yet I was still alive, so I didn't know if I could keep the charade up for 2 more days. That was the best case.

So, I thought you might not have used your protection yet, and if we go after you during the night, you stop the kill, it's 6-2 and we have 2 known innocents. That wasn't good. Or we could risk it and kill the hunter hoping we go into the next day 5-2. It still takes 2 more days to win.

That's when I thought you had to go today, I wasn't going to risk you preventing another kill at night, so you had to go today. I back tracked a bit and considered killing an innocent, setting you up tomorrow, but in order for that to work I would probably have had to claim to be the ranger tomorrow. Who would believe me then when I was around at the deadline and I let you get away while we lynch an innocent? I did some final number crunching and if I was successful after all of this it would be 4-1 and it would still take 2 days to win. And plus you wouldn't be there at night to stop a kill. The hunter might be a problem but he's not during the day if his suspicions are wrong.

Thus the conclusion I reached was with already the suspicion around you the last couple days, and no one suspecting me, they would believe me if I just came out right there and claimed to be the ranger. Because why would a wolf Boro do such a thing right?

And I'm telling you this because I honestly believe it, you did great for your first time as gifted, truly an admirable ranger. (My 2 times as a Ranger I've had no successful protections and I believe I've protected more wolves than innocents). Not only that but you even left a clue for everyone if you died! I swear after you said that I thought I was dead. I thought you just outplayed me and my evil plan was going to blow right up in my face. You just had the unfortunate circumstance of being in a village that likes to overthink everything.

So there you have my reasoning before anyone else. When all is said and done they will realize you had a wonderful performance, and I did what I did because I thought we had to get rid of you during the day, to stop you from stopping us at night.
So, Shasta, sorry you got caught up in an evil bluff, but as I said in the game...that was just the way it had to be. Also, something else I took into consideration was I had just made a defense of monstorous proportions for Nogrod (and yes, Nogrod, I was hoping to use that to my advantage), I had added on to Aganzir's suspicion of Kit, and a big reason I did it was because the last wolf was Kit.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:19 PM   #695
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Danke, for all who thought I played well. I thought I'd have a fight ahead of me today. I figured I'd be the first to vote and I'd have to make a serious case against either Rikae or Aganzir. But when I woke up this morning and logged on all I had to do was pick randomly.

Well played by all and an excellent mod job, Brinn.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:23 PM   #696
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I almost mentioned the idea that Nerwen had actually informed her fellows ahead of time that she was going to have to drop out. But I didn't want to get into the fairness of everything...

I also almost dreamt of Boro my first Night, to sorta keep up a one-time tradition. *sigh*

My plan wasn't to dream of just big names or whoever the village was suspicious of, or eve of people I was suspicious of either. I wanted to dream of people I didn't think I could figure out, and who the village probably wouldn't figure out for a while...as in, people who'd survive. On that at least I'd say I did fairly well. Keeping myself alive...not so good.

Of course my worst moment was completely missing an entire 48 hour period!! Egh.....

I also didn't do so well with leaving clues. I didn't really try to, because I didn't find it worth blowing any cover by throwing around random "this person is innocent...I just feel it" statements to point to my dreams. Interestingly, only Boro read me properly, noticing statements about Form and Rikae.

I'm so glad you were innocent, Nog, because I so felt you had to be. It seems like we think along the same lines at points only when we are both innocent. We both should have kept after Kitanna.

Congrats to the wolves! Boro, that was insane. Mith, you were so cool. Kitanna...that was painful to watch.

Finally...one big SORRY to Shasta. You really were starting to remind me a bit of myself and a bit of TGWBS as wolves... And I'm afraid I would have lynched you after Boro's stunt, too. We've never seen anything like that. Well...the game when there ended up three people claiming to be seers (CoD as a wolf and Gil as an ordo both claimed to be the seer after the real seer revealed...) was madness...
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:29 PM   #697
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
I almost mentioned the idea that Nerwen had actually informed her fellows ahead of time that she was going to have to drop out.
Just to clarify this: I didn't know until after Day 2. It was just a possibility.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:32 PM   #698
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh, I dreamt of Form Night 1 because I don't recall ever playing with him (apologies if I have...just ask Aganzir, my memory sucks). Besides thinking they would survive a while, I dreamt of Rikae because she's Rikae and especially with our WW history I didn't think I'd ever figure her out. I dreamt of Aganzir after Nilp was revealed innocent, also because I didn't think I'd ever figure her out.

Not that I think I can figure anyone out. Nooo way.

Edit: Nerwen - That was part of why I didn't mention it, because I didn't want to accuse anyone of anything. Really don't mean to, especially because I wouldn't have any problem with it even if it was all planned ahead really.

Last edited by Durelin; 07-19-2008 at 09:36 PM.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:14 PM   #699
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Oh yes.

I protected Kath because I expected the wolves to continue the pattern of attempting to kill someone who would leave no trace. And because she hadn't been able to participate yet.

Sally was a random draw as I had no clue that day.

Eomer because I imagined he was Hunting me that day, and if I imagined it, so might the wolves, and his ability would go to waste.

Rikae because she was the person who seemed the most innocent to me at the time. Also because she was loud and drawing attention.

Then I DIED.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:26 PM   #700
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
time. Also because she was loud and drawing attention.

Then I DIED.
Yes... sorry about my part in that. I was 100% ready to believe you when I first reading your coming out post--despite your vote for me the day previous--but then Boromir came out, and I was in a quandary. I just couldn't see Boromir faking it unless he was in some sort of trouble as a wolf--and as he said, he was as clean-looking as a baby.

I will not make that mistake again, ever. Sorry, Boro.

I'm also quite pleasantly surprised to see that both Nogrod and Aganzir were innocents, since this accords, despite misgivings, with my general instincts. I'm vaguely disappointed Rikae wasn't a wolf, though I must say that Kitanna fully deserved to win, given that she barely registered on my radar at all during the game, and never as a guilty party.

Very sorry, Mith to have stolen the last-minute save from you there, but I really can't say I'm sorry to have survived another day... though there WAS a little part of me that wanted sweet, sweet vindication of Proven Innocent status--notwithstanding that it would set the village back farther and lead to the rest of your deaths.

And... that's all the random after-game comments I have at the moment. A failure to comment personally is in no way intended as a personal insult... just so the rest of you know.

Whoever you are...
Old 07-20-2008, 02:09 AM   #701
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Thanks to everyone for participating in my game. It's the first one I've modded (though certainly not the last), and I really enjoyed watching everything play out from a new perspective. And I'm simply quite surprised how long it lasted...I don't think many games last eight Days.

I have to say the hardest part was having to decide whether to bring in a new wolf or not when Nerwen dropped out...I'm such an indecisive person, so it really did help to get people's opinions on the matter. And I admit even after I made the decision, I wavered on whether I made the right choice, worrying that I gave the wolves too much an advantage. But as I watched the Days and Nights play out, I think in the end the game was fairly balanced...or at least I hope so. I probably should've put four wolves into the game in the first place...I seriously considered it. Previous games with approx. 20 players have had both 3 and 4 wolves, so I figured it could work either way. And who knows...perhaps the wolves still could've won even if I didn't add a fourth wolf.

To the wolves-

Mithalwen: Though you got lynched, it was only really due to an unlucky roll of a die (sorry about that). I thought you played very well and didn't seem terribly wolfish to me at all. Btw, you were spot on with Durelin (I recall it was your PM that mentioned the possibility of her being the seer?)

Nerwen: I'm really sorry you had to leave, but as always, RL happens. You did a great job playing the loud wolf who's "too obvious to actually be a wolf." Considering that it was mostly Boromir who was gunning for you on Day 2 (for reasons I didn't discover until later), who knows how much longer you could've survived if you didn't have to drop out. Maybe only a couple Days...or perhaps much longer..

Boromir: What a clever wolf you are. I think you went after all your teammates at one time or another (a strategy I've been tempted to play), and it really helped you slip under the radar. Had you not revealed as the ranger, I think there was a chance you could've survived until the ends. Like the others, I was confused as to why you did it...until I thought it through and understood. It was a smart sacrifice that ultimately helped you win...having Shasta still around could've been a dangerous obstacle.

Kitanna: As I think I already mentioned to you, if I had put in four wolves to begin with, I'm quite sure you would've been the fourth anyway. I have to say, you are a sneaky wolf and played brilliantly. I found it rather amusing that several people found you more suspicious before you turned, and later disregarded you as innocent. Only a truly great wolf can pull that off.

And Sally the spammer: Silly wolves for killing you off...I couldn't see what was so innocent about you. You caused a bit of trouble for the village. Especially when you helped keep Mith from the noose by voting Nilp on Day 3. I must ask...did you know she was a wolf?

To the Gifteds-

Durelin: I was sorry to see you killed so early...especially when I noticed that two of your dreams were among the final three. And even though you never dreamt of Mith, I think your death and vote for her was what helped get her lynched the next Day.

Shasta: Oh what a mean thing Boromir did to you. But hey...it's all part of the game, and he had good reasons behind it. It's unfortunate no one believed you, I felt bad as they all voted for you. But don't let that get you down. You did an excellent job as the ranger and I'm glad I picked you. Not only did you manage to save Kath on Night 2, but you never actually protected a wolf...which is pretty well done, if I may say so.

Eomer: You were right on the money in the beginning with Mithalwen. You were so right, that I was a bit surprised when you changed your mind about her (before you sent the hunt, I thought you were bluffing). And then you revealed...which wasn't such a bad thing, since it left quite an obstacle for the wolves. After all, if they didn't fear you, they would've killed you earlier on.

And to the ordos...you all certainly kept me entertained. While some of you were quite a ways off on some suspicions, there were others who completely accurate with your suspicions.

Anyway, there's so much more I'd like to say but it's getting late and I have a headache, so I think I'll stop for now. Again, well played to everyone. I will be sending reps to all the players as soon as I get the chance.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:56 AM   #702
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Great game everyone, I really enjoyed myself.

Wolf team: well done on winning! The sweet, sweet glory is yours. Of course, special praise to Kitanna, who has one-upped me again. I tell you, that's not the first time she's consigned me to defeat, and whenever I do get to win she's always there to share in the victory.

Shasta... That was quite something. Boromir totally fooled me. I'm still not sure it was totally beneficial to the wolves to do that, but oh well. It worked out for them in the end.

Special praise to Brinniel for the great concept and the highly amusing narrations.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:12 AM   #703
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Eomer, well it wasn't wise, I left Kitanna to fend for herself, and for me I took the easy way out. See I thought about building up a case to lynch another innocent and then risk it and kill you at night...(that was probably the best choice). But, that would have meant I had to go dig up more garbage on an unlucky victim...and I got lazy. Also, when I said I didn't have the guts to kill you, I meant it, I told Kitanna I thought your assurance of my innocence was all an act, and you were trapping us.

Form, but what if I'm telling the truth next time?
Old 07-20-2008, 08:13 AM   #704
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Wow, I just realized -
I was right about there wolfish activity behind the narrowing of the field to Shasta and Mith. Take that, everybody! Kitanna, did you decide to sacrifice Mith assuming Durelin actually had dreamt of her?
I have to say, the wolf team in this game was one of the best I've ever seen. Mith really appeared perfectly normal to me. Boro's plan was bold and brilliant, and Kitanna did a great job of looking innocent after she was turned. I really should have considered more seriously the possibility her attack on Mith was wolf-on-wolf, but being under so much pressure at that point I didn't think I'd have a choice in my vote anyway, and I wanted to vote first to show a (hopefully) innocent Kitanna that I was innocent too.
Aganzir, I basically played the whole game with little concern about looking innocent until the last day, since as an ordo I figured I had nothing to lose - so I'm not too surprised you ended up finding me wolfish.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:59 AM   #705
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Kitanna, did you decide to sacrifice Mith assuming Durelin actually had dreamt of her?
Yeah, when I saw Durelin was the seer I decided to use it as evidence of Mith's wolvery. Sorry about that Mith dear.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:57 PM   #706
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Well, Boro, I guess there would be disastrous consequences... if I was an ordo again.

And yes, many thanks to Brinn for her moderating. The regularity of it, especially, is commendable from one who, way back in the day, found that the hardest part of moderating... together with coming up with new ways to kill people...
Old 07-20-2008, 06:16 PM   #707
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe

Meh, I feel useless as an ordo.

I'm good for nothing but looking for Seers. *pouts*

Ah, well, at least my mummie's side won. Well-played, Kitanna, never suspected you at all.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:24 PM   #708
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
Meh, I feel useless as an ordo.

I'm good for nothing but looking for Seers. *pouts*

Ah, well, at least my mummie's side won. Well-played, Kitanna, never suspected you at all.

Heh. Yeah, sorry about that sweetie. It was between you and Mith and I was almost positive you weren't a wolf (I thought Mith might be, but of course I wasn't sure) so I had to kill you. *shifty eyes*

By the by, why did you all kill me? Hehe I'd hatched a brilliant plan because there was no way I'd not be lynched after saving Mith two or three times in a row, so....well, it wasn't particularly brilliant but I was going to either cause complete and utter chaos or tell you all that I was the ranger because we needed him out of the way and I knew that the ranger wouldn't sit back and watch me get credit for their (well, his, now that we know who it was) spectacular save. *grins evilly*
Old 07-20-2008, 11:10 PM   #709
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Don't look at me– I wasn't there.

–Kudos to Sally and Eomer for picking Mith so early. I really don't know how you did it! I swear she wasn't acting suspicious.

–By the way, Eomer, we wolves noticed your Seer-act on Day One. We just saw through it. That's why you weren't killed.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:26 PM   #710
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Don't look at me– I wasn't there.

Heh. No, I blame it all on you.

By the way, Boro, major kudos for making people believe you were the ranger. That whole ordeal just made my day. *chuckles*

And kudos for Shasta himself for the amazing Kath save and his breadcrumb posts. (I about died when I saw it.)

Obviously, everyone did really well, but let's see....off the top of my head....

Kit, I didn't have any idea you were the last wolf. Very sneakily done.

Agan....erm, nice job getting lynched the last day? No, you did really well, just a bit of a rough day there toward the last. It happens.

Nerwen, I'm really sorry you had to drop out, because you were doing well, and it would have been great for you to stay on the team. Sadly, it wasn't meant to be.

Eomer did a fantastic job as well, and when I saw your name on the list of the dead I was scared for a bit that you'd caught one of my "friends" (my internet wouldn't load the page right) and you were amazing in general.

And why did I keep thinking Form was a wolf? Probably because I pretty much suck at this. Heh. Well, I have something to base him off of for next game, and you were excellent even if I did try to get you killed a lot. (I couldn't get the Formwolf image out of my head, even though I was almost positive he wasn't....I would have been quite angry with myself had I gotten him lynched and he turned out to indeed be lupine)

Brinn, excellent modding. Fantastic. The narrations made me giggle a lot and the game idea was amazing. Very nice.

Oh, and Sixth. Sorry, buddy, you understand. I really wanted you to stick around, but you were easy enough to lynch and I didn't want to risk killing Nerwen on the off chance (which occured, mind you) that she was a wolf. Pleasure sort of playing with you. Maybe next game you can actually stay alive long enough to have some fun.

Obviously, you were all fantastic, but I should probably toddle off and do something productive. Nicely done everyone (I'll try to get around to repping you all eventually) and good game! *cough* Go wolves! *cough*

~~Sally~~
Old 07-20-2008, 11:35 PM   #711
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Seer act? Explain.

I just love causing Mithalwen annoyance and mischief.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:34 AM   #712
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I can't believe Aganzir's case against me was made with good intent! Come on, Brinn, Agan's the secret cobbler, right?
Yeah. :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Your chosen tactics of playing it the way you did, didn't quite ease my suspicions - added to the way you voted. Sorry I suspected you so heavily.
Ha! Shouldn't it be me to apologize? I didn't actually choose my tactics of playing - it just happened. And, well, voting... Let's say this wasn't one of my best games. What's wrong with me when lynching Mith has been ok for me all day but just before the deadline I change my mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I have to say, the wolf team in this game was one of the best I've ever seen.
Seconded.

I'm not sure if I would have catched Nerwen if not for that Agan/Nilp/Form brawl. Day 1 was a day I decided to be a difficult person (that happens occasionally) and just kept questioning about things that were seemingly minor at first glance. And then I got the feeling that I might be right after all.

When someone mentioned Mith hadn't said she's innocent, I grew wary of her. I was pretty confident either she or Nog was a wolf - first I agreed with her about Nog, but then started suspecting her. However, she just managed to look quite innocent to me on that last day...

I will never ever want to play with Boro again! That was nasty. I was annoyed when no one else seemed to find Nerwen worth a vote, and was completely ready to believe in your innocence when you considered voting for her.
Though I'm quite happy that I believed Shasta rather than you when you both claimed to be the ranger... Unfortunately it was only after the day ending when Shasta had already been lynched.

Kitanna, like I said on day 8 (without thinking that might really be the case), you deserve to win. I was pretty sure of your guilt since day 1 (he-he), but unfortunately for me, you started looking more innocent when the number of the villagers reduced. And then I was so sure about Rikae that I didn't even consider voting for you.

Also, great job Shasta. If it is of any comfort, I can tell I know how it feels to first battle with the hunter and then get lynched... :-D I didn't get your hints, but I remembered you saying Kath looked honest and Nog seizing on it. When I checked it, I realised you were rather talking about her vote, but there was something that gave the impression of knowing better. I thought you could also be a wolf, but you really looked too innocent for that. Only when people really started suspecting you did I become unsure.

Last but not least, thanks so much Brinn! The narrations were funny, and the idea of the game turned out well (I remember you sitting on Nogrod's sofa what feels like a long time ago and telling us about your plans).
Old 07-21-2008, 11:20 AM   #713
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Seer act? Explain.

I just love causing Mithalwen annoyance and mischief.
Ah but Eomer, you don't realise that I knew you were the hunter immediately which is why you weren't killed until after I died. You were far too unsubtle to be the seer. You were more or less saying "Kill me and I'll kill Mith" - and you kept on wondering why we didn't. I am not so green as cabbage looking.

And yesI picked Durelin but it was only for Kit's sake that I didn't tell you to kill Nogrod.

As for my Packmates - full marks to Nerwen for steadying my nerves on night one - I thought we might end up doing a Thelma and Louise the next day!!!

Boro is lucky a, that he is one of the few people on the planet who can tell me to relax when I am stressed out and not get his head ripped off - and with him incommunicado and Nerwen on her way out it was a bit fraught. I was a very lonely wolf that weekend. So the attempt on Kath was my idea. It wasn't such a backfire as it seemed in the time - and the reasons I stated openly, though of course that didn't stop you lot continuing to speculate!!b, that we won since I thought it was an unnecessary risk And besides confessing is MY trick.

By the way all of you who went "Mith hasn't said she is innocent yet so she's a wolf - well Ihad resolved I wouldn't do that spontaneaously before I got my role. But if I had been asked directly while online I would have surely lied. You lazy blighters will have to make up your own minds... I would have made more of a defence but I had told Boromir to do what he had to do to make himself look good from the beginning as once Nerwen and I had attracted suspicion he had the best chance of going the distance. Another reason why I rode the storm of Eomer and didn't really defend myself against Nogrod. I couldn't decide how to do it without incriminating Kit who had done such a good hatchet job. And I hoped that Nogrod's certainty might incriminate him. As Boro said, my mantra was "only wolves are certain". The fact that I was only lynched by a coin toss has given me a lot of confidence in my wolvish abilities so be afraid , be very afraid. After all there is a chance I might get to be a wolf when I don't have PMT ... when the difference between me and a werewolf is negligible anyway

Durelin - I can't believe you didn't dream of me - my hunch you were the seer was based on your resolute suspicion of me - but I think you were suggested originally because you fell into the very dangerous but so far quiet category.

As for Kitanna - fantastic.... I should point out that even with the extra day we weren't able to discuss as such before she started. I am very grateful that Brinn and the rest of you gave her to us especially since we hadn't particularly wanted a new wolf at the time! I had felt it might be as incriminating as helpful and said it was up to Boro (because he was likeliest to survive) and he had said we would go it alone! However Kitanna would have been my first choice if we had been given the choice with the state of play as it was and we were truly blessed.

Brinn - I loved my death scene - I was summarily executed in my first game and so always particularly appreciate a good death. Now can I have my coat back?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:21 AM   #714
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Special thanks to Sally - you were great and it so nearly worked - I spat feathers when my furry friends killed you

Oh and I must apologise to Brinniel for being such a stroppy, ungrateful wolf. It isn' t hard to distinguish between a unhappy Mithalwen and a ray of sunshine and I really am a grumpy old woman a lot of the time now

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace

Last edited by Mithalwen; 07-21-2008 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 07-21-2008, 02:04 PM   #715
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post

Form, but what if I'm telling the truth next time?
What amused me whas you said you were the best hacker in post 10 and noone noticed....
Old 07-21-2008, 02:38 PM   #716
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
Yeah, when I saw Durelin was the seer I decided to use it as evidence of Mith's wolvery. Sorry about that Mith dear.
Ironic really that I might have survived longer without that but it was agreed that you should take care of your own interests. I was worried you had overcooked it on the being too certain grounds - only a fellow wolf could know for sure that Durelin had hit the mark. I had pondered claiming to be the spammer but villages never realise that they are better off keeping them.... so I decided just to roll with it and hope that you and Boro would get through to the endgame. I was astonished it was so close at the end, which was frustrating but it was a great learning experience.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:43 AM   #717
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

See? I told you we'd win, Mith.

You thought the last day was tense?

I didn't even know which of them was the wolf!