The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-13-2011, 01:35 PM   #481
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
I still refuse to believe that people didn't see he was Frodo, everyone was aware that Frodo would be trying to hint to Sam, and everyone should know that Phantom wouldn't suddenly stop caring about a game, so Phantom acting defeatist, and Frodo knowing he's not going to last the Night and needing to hint to Sam, Phantom = Frodo.
And you think a baddie phantom would not have been able to pull that kind of stunt off?

That was exactly my worry that he was Frodo! And I said that already...

phantom stopping caring about the game? Haven't you seen that trick been pulled off time after time and do you think he couldn't use it as a baddie or as Frodo (to call your attention, in both cases).

We didn't know which one he was yesterDay.

He was either Frodo or a baddie pulling a Frodo. That's why I wanted to check Lottie (whom he had defended without any argumented reason from early on).
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #482
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Actually I think it would have been against the best interests of the baddies to try and bring trust to you forwards in the open as it would lessen - if not deny - their chances of lynching you. Shelob and spiderlings would stay quiet about you or try to get you lynched.
I strongly disagree. It would be better to have everyone trust me, and then have me trust Shelob (therefore having everyone trust Shelob, and making her invincible). So I'm not trusting anyone, unless I have very very good reasons.

Quote:
I do hope you had more to say than hunch or feel you seem to refer to with Lhuna, Fea and partly even me. It's very hard to me to follow your lead if you play it that way.
It's not hunch, I have reasons, but I have no choice but to label them as hunches since I can't share my reasons.

Quote:
PS. What in the Lottie / tp affair you do not understand? It is perfectly clear. Even if tp disapproves if not everyone takes his every great idea as self evident truth, you could use your own mind as well as we need to catch baddies here. (Sorry, but I hear tp talking behind your words)
A situation that occurs often in this game that makes no sense to me: "Oh I suspect this person A, so I'm going to lynch this other person B, who A trusts, in order to shed more light on A, instead of just lynching A themselves". That's sort of rediculous. You guys lynched Lottie for the pure reason of finding out more about Phantom. Why not just lynch Phantom and find out quicker?
Old 05-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #483
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Ok, my official guess: Nog as Shelob, Inzil and Nerwen as spiderlings.

All 3 of them yesterday wanted to lynch Lottie to shed light on Phantom's role. I still refuse to believe that people didn't see he was Frodo, everyone was aware that Frodo would be trying to hint to Sam, and everyone should know that Phantom wouldn't suddenly stop caring about a game, so Phantom acting defeatist, and Frodo knowing he's not going to last the Night and needing to hint to Sam, Phantom = Frodo. There was really no other good reason to go for Lottie, it was all about trying to find out more about Phantom. The baddies wouldn't want to lynch Phantom himself, because that would be a waste, they wanted the double kills.
Difficult as it may seem to believe, not everyone is always on board with tp's schemes. I never know when to trust him, and I've learned not to take all that he says at face value.

Also, like Shasta, you seem to ignore the fact that I wanted to lynch Lottie starting around Day 2. Shedding light on tp was an afterthought.

x/d with Nog and Wilwa
Old 05-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #484
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Why do you wilwa think I asked you to chek his posts?

Because I thought you are Sam and tp is Frodo (depending on Lottie's role). If Lottie would have been a baddie then tp would have most probably been one as well and his Frodo.thing would have been a stunt.

How hard is that to understand?

X'd with wilwa & zil
Old 05-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #485
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
And you think a baddie phantom would not have been able to pull that kind of stunt off?

That was exactly my worry that he was Frodo! And I said that already...

phantom stopping caring about the game? Haven't you seen that trick been pulled off time after time and do you think he couldn't use it as a baddie or as Frodo (to call your attention, in both cases).

We didn't know which one he was yesterDay.

He was either Frodo or a baddie pulling a Frodo. That's why I wanted to check Lottie (whom he had defended without any argumented reason from early on).
No one else was acting at all like Frodo. There's no one in this game who doesn't know what they are doing, no one in this game as Frodo would just sit back and let Phantom fool Sam into choosing wrong. It was obvious, I'm sticking by that.

And now I really have to leave.

Please just all vote together everyone. If I'm wrong I'll take the full blame.

++Nogrod
Old 05-13-2011, 01:43 PM   #486
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
A situation that occurs often in this game that makes no sense to me: "Oh I suspect this person A, so I'm going to lynch this other person B, who A trusts, in order to shed more light on A, instead of just lynching A themselves". That's sort of rediculous. You guys lynched Lottie for the pure reason of finding out more about Phantom. Why not just lynch Phantom and find out quicker?
JUST BECAUSE OF WHAT I AND YOU SAID! That phantom could have been Frodo as well! Too much risk involved as giving you a chance to speak with him could be valuable. (If his advice to you is this... then we should have lynched him and his pride and have Lottie with us)

*frustration*

EDIT: X'd with wilwa.

Oh my. Well, your choice.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:48 PM   #487
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Calm, now, my children. Deep breaths. And cake. Obviously cake.

*snuggles everyone equally, except Phantom, because he didn't bring Voldy along the other day like he promised*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:51 PM   #488
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
No one else was acting at all like Frodo. There's no one in this game who doesn't know what they are doing, no one in this game as Frodo would just sit back and let Phantom fool Sam into choosing wrong. It was obvious, I'm sticking by that.
There is a strict rule on not revealing / false revealing. I think a few of us have already crossed that boundary.

Some people I hope and think stick to the rules.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:53 PM   #489
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Um, I'm pretty sure I never said Lottie didn't suspect Inzil. I'm saying there was no real chance of lynching Inzil yesterday, so it struck me as odd that Lottie would be so gung-ho about jumping on my random suspicion. It looked like she was agreeing with whatever I said. I don't really see a problem with my reasoning.

Also, Lhuna, doesn't calling me "defensive" remind you of a story about a pot and a kettle?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:55 PM   #490
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
There is a strict rule on not revealing / false revealing. I think a few of us have already crossed that boundary.

Some people I hope and think stick to the rules.
Leeeeettle bit, yeah, but I'm being benevolent about the degree of hints because we've had so many dropouts and the like. And because I love you all. And stuff.

Still. Let's all play nice and see what happens. After all, there was also a strict rule on not having shouting matches with other players (not that anyone has yet, but I don't want it to come to that, even on these, our last Days).

I have to make a phone call for work. Someone make sure there's entertainment when I get back. Thanks.

~~Sallycakes~~

EDIT: x'd with Shasticle <3
Old 05-13-2011, 01:55 PM   #491
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Of course Sally.

No problem. False alarm. Nothing bad happened.

I just get frustrated sometimes when people decide beforehand what they think and don't listen...

I do think we're still good friends wilwa and I even if we now disagree about some in-game facts.

*off to the ice hockey match - back later*
Old 05-13-2011, 01:57 PM   #492
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Of course Sally.

No problem. False alarm. Nothing bad happened.

I just get frustrated sometimes when people decide beforehand what they think and don't listen...

I do think we're still good friends wilwa and I even if we now disagree about some in-game facts.

*off to the ice hockey match - back later*

I know, precious. Nobody did anything wrong, but I wanted to make sure we can all (repeat, all) keep our tempers in check, because it's been stressful for everyone and the last thing any of us needs to do is to get upset about Werewolf.

*snuggles you tight, sends a piece of cake with you*
Old 05-13-2011, 01:57 PM   #493
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
And where's Fea, anyway? It's hardly fair to single me out for being a 'submarine' - I'm certainly not the only one. Both times I didn't vote, I told Sally why, and they were valid reasons, so...
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 05-13-2011, 02:06 PM   #494
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Back. Reading.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:07 PM   #495
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay.

The problem is, we have three baddies and they can risk doing things together and form a voting-block. We have now two candidates to lynch. If we both are innocents we're deep in trouble. If Shasta is a baddie they can still gather three more votes to me.

That's what I am afraid of. An innocent's vote to an innocent is what we don't need now.

Although I'm not sure how ready they are for that as if Sam manages to stop their sting they'd need to meet us with even numbers toMorrow.

Finland leads Russia 3-0!

*back to game for a while*
Old 05-13-2011, 02:19 PM   #496
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
The problem is, we have three baddies and they can risk doing things together and form a voting-block. We have now two candidates to lynch. If we both are innocents we're deep in trouble. If Shasta is a baddie they can still gather three more votes to me.

That's what I am afraid of. An innocent's vote to an innocent is what we don't need now.

Although I'm not sure how ready they are for that as if Sam manages to stop their sting they'd need to meet us with even numbers toMorrow.
I believe Sam's protective powers have deserted him, now that Frodo's gone.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #497
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I believe Sam's protective powers have deserted him, now that Frodo's gone.
This is relatively accurate. He has no protection powers toNight.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #498
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Umm. Nog's frustration at Wilwa sounds quite genuine, actually.

~Wilwa, if you're still around– I saw that phantom had become very apathetic and had voted me apparently on a whim– if that's the "Frodo hint" I think it's a strange one, to say the least, and if it's something else I honestly didn't pick it up. And either way I also don't see why it follows that I "should" have sat back and let myself be lynched. I mean, really.

EDIT:X'd with Zil and Moddess.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:22 PM   #499
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Umm. Nog's frustration at Wilwa sounds quite genuine, actually.

~Wilwa, if you're still around– I saw that phantom had become very apathetic and had voted me apparently on a whim– if that's the "Frodo hint" I think it's a strange one, to say the least, and if it's something else I honestly didn't pick it up. And either way I also don't see why it follows that I "should" have sat back and let myself be lynched. I mean, really.

Wilwa is gone for the rest of the Day. Just FYI.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:25 PM   #500
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
This is relatively accurate. He has no protection powers toNight.
Ah. I thought when Frodo died Sam lost his powers permanently.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #501
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by zee rulezzzz
If Frodo is attacked in the Night, the following happens:
1. Sam is notified at Dawn after Frodo is attacked, but is not told Frodo’s identity. Even if he finds Frodo by the end of the Day, he will not be able to save him. Instead, he is able to PM with Frodo during the Night (if he holds his guess until after Nightfall, he can PM for the remainder of the Night) where Frodo would normally turn into a spawn of Shelob. (Note: Frodo is not told the identity of Shelob, so he would not be able to give it to Sam.) At the end of that Night, Frodo dies.
2. If/When Sam finds Frodo’s body, he will strike out at Shelob’s lair. While he cannot kill Shelob on his own, he has the strength and anger to prevent Shelob from making an attack that Night. He will then spend his Evening with Frodo, and when Frodo dies Sam will spend the next Night in mourning/angst.
In game terms, this means that the Night after Frodo is attacked, both Sam and Shelob will be out of power, and the Night after that Sam will be unable to stop Shelob from attacking anyone.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #502
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Votes!

Lhuna-->Shasta
Wilwa-->Nog
Old 05-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #503
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Ugh. I'm not sure who to vote. Nog, Shasta, and Zil are here, I believe, and if it's two of them, and I vote the wrong person...

Also I'm not as happy about voting any of them as I was earlier, just from what's been posted in the meantime, but common sense says at least one of them is evil.

Edit:X'd with 3 Modesses and one Zil.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:35 PM   #504
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Well, if you're evil, my heart, then it could easily not be any of the three.

I'm obviously not going to vote myself - I'll vote Nog if I have to, but to be honest, I haven't really considered him one way or the other. I suppose he could be evil, but you three look more devious at the moment (especially as I've borne the brunt of a frustrated Nog before - I tend to recognize it ).
Old 05-13-2011, 02:37 PM   #505
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Ugh. I'm not sure who to vote. Nog, Shasta, and Zil are here, I believe, and if it's two of them, and I vote the wrong person...
A conundrum, to be sure. Especially when I'm pretty well convinced that I'm looking at at least one baddie in the Nerwen / Nog / Shasta triumvirate.

x/d with Shasta
Old 05-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #506
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Lhuna -> Shasta 1
wilwa -> Nogrod 1

To vote:
Fea
Inzil
Nerwen
Nogrod
Shasta

The horror-scenario: Lhuna is a baddie and thus Shasta is innocent as well. Thus we'd have two innocents on the line and as we'd be basically reluctant to spread the vote as that would increase the chances of the baddies to manipulate the voting that would be like a walk in the park to them.

Where is Fea? How many votes do we have for real?

PS. No, I'm not in anyway confident that Shasta is innocent, but I do suspect Lhuna more at this time (especially the "who would sting tp" thing + that Sam said he hadn't saved/healed her etc...).
Old 05-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #507
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
A conundrum, to be sure. Especially when I'm pretty well convinced that I'm looking at at least one baddie in the Nerwen / Nog / Shasta triumvirate.
Post-game hilarity ensues when the baddies turn out to be Lhuna, Wilwa and Fea.

EDIT:X'd with Nog.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #508
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Fifteen(ish) minutes.

Quote:
Shut up. I told you not to tell.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:46 PM   #509
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
That would be something, wouldn't it? But no, I'm sticking with one of the other three. Hmm. Reason might tell me to vote for Shasta, but my gut might tend toward Nog.....
Old 05-13-2011, 02:49 PM   #510
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Wilwa said she would bear the blame if we lynched Nog and he turned out innocent. Would that help us though, if Wilwa turned out bad? Could we still root out Shelob before the numbers were on the baddies' side?
Old 05-13-2011, 02:49 PM   #511
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Awfully waffly, aren't we, Inzil? I'm leaning towards that Nog and I are both innocent now... which means if one of Inzil and Nerwen is innocent, we really can't afford to mess this up.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #512
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Wilwa said she would bear the blame if we lynched Nog and he turned out innocent. Would that help us though, if Wilwa turned out bad? Could we still root out Shelob before the numbers were on the baddies' side?
And besides, we never hold people accountable for things like that anyway. Remember Morsul?
Old 05-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #513
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Awfully waffly, aren't we, Inzil? I'm leaning towards that Nog and I are both innocent now... which means if one of Inzil and Nerwen is innocent, we really can't afford to mess this up.
"Waffly" because I want to get this right. If I was evil, I could just vote and justify it later.

x/d with Shasta
Old 05-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #514
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
No, I'm not in anyway confident that Shasta is innocent, but I do suspect Lhuna more at this time (especially the "who would sting tp" thing + that Sam said he hadn't saved/healed her etc...).
Ah, well, I think this puts paid to my Lhuna + Nog theory. I was kind of wondering why, after claiming to suspect you for so long , she went for Shasta on a rather crucial Day, when there was still just as much reason to vote you... but whatever.

Anyway, I've tended to trust Lhuna most of the game, if only because phantom's theory about her was such clear nonsense. (Yes, I know he's now a departed innocent. All the same.)

EDIT:X"d with a host.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:53 PM   #515
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Ah, well, I think this puts paid to my Lhuna + Nog theory. I was kind of wondering why, after claiming to suspect you for so long , she went for Shasta on a rather crucial Day, when there was still just as much reason to vote you... but whatever.

Anyway, I've tended to trust Lhuna most of the game, if only because phantom's theory about her was such clear nonsense. (Yes, I know he's now a departed innocent. All the same.)
Really? I think you raise a good point here, actually, sun in my sky.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:54 PM   #516
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
I'm almost willing to try it... I mean, I just don't know what to do, really.

EDIT:X'd with Shasta.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #517
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

*sigh*

++Nog

I'm truly sorry if I'm wrong.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:57 PM   #518
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

So. Shasta or Lhuna?

I'd say Lhuna, if we could trust people going that way, but could settle for Shasta as well.

So why aren't you baddies voting?

Finland won Russia 3-0 and went to the finals!!!
Old 05-13-2011, 02:57 PM   #519
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Lhuna-->Shasta
Wilwa-->Nog
Dun-->Nog (2)

Left to vote:
Shasta
Nog
Nerwen
Fea
Old 05-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #520
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I'm willing to vote Lhuna if you are, Nog. Fact is, I don't know if I can trust you.