User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2003, 02:42 AM   #161
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

It is a requirement that all potential game players will either have posted in one of the RPG Inns (preferably in The Green Dragon) or have played in an RPG on the Barrow Downs.

Please use this form for creating your character to post on the discussion thread.

Those who have not played before in a Barrow Downs' RPG will be given preference. Final preference, though, will be at the discretion of the Game Owner.

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – YES/NO - Which one?

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in? Please note you may play in only 3 games at one time.

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – YES/NO – Which one?

For your character please include:

NAME:

RACE:

WEAPONS (No magical, super-hero, mithril weapons. Just good solid Middle-earth weapons and armor only that is appropriate to the race of the character and the time period.):

APPEARANCE:

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: (No half-Elven characters. No mixed-type characters. No super-heroes. No assassins. No one all powerful, martial arts proficient, or having any magical traits. Just regular characters with normal abilities for their races only):

HISTORY:

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

A FIRST POST FOR YOUR CHARACTER MUST ACCOMPANY THIS FORM.

It is a requirement for this game. Character Descriptions without a First Post attached will be sent back to the writer. They may be submitted again, once there is a First Post to go with them.
Old 08-21-2003, 02:45 AM   #162
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Writers will be chosen based on the quality of their submission, not on a first come, first in, basis.
Old 08-21-2003, 02:49 AM   #163
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Keep in mind you may use these NCE's (None Controlled Entities - characters not played by a particular writer) in your first post:

Cook - Aldarida Boffin

Server & maid - Rowana Brandybuck

Kitchen assistant & maid - Amarantha Willow

Stablemaster/handyman – Dervorin

Innkeeper - Fimbriel
Old 08-21-2003, 02:52 AM   #164
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Now open for business: You may submit your characters and First Posts for consideration

[ August 21, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 08-21-2003, 02:58 AM   #165
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Your Discussion Thread is up on the board. It is closed at present, until you tell me you are ready to open it.

Once the characters you need have been taken on board - then we should put the outline for the story on the Discussion Thread for all to see.

Nerindel

Your edited post for Lespheria is on it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2003, 03:26 AM   #166
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Goodness!

Wonderful stuff Snowdog. The unique first person perspective should prove interesting indeed. I love how you've blended history and characters together and have taken notes of that encounter with Naiore. She'll remember Hanasian, make no mistake on that count. (rubbing hands together in anticipation of evil) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Nerindel, great mixing of historic events as well. Naiore certainly has been busy, but then she always loathes being idle. Were it not for her unfortunate regard for life, she'd be diligent, hardworking, intelligent and gifted. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I've also made notes concerning how her history links with Lespheria's. Seems Naiore was "fortunate" enough to get mother, but missed father and children. She'd rather like the opportunity to clean up more of the family.

As for opening the discussion thread, I'm all for it! Let's get some people on board and "tally ho"! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight
Old 08-21-2003, 05:04 AM   #167
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Wow! wonderful post Snowdog [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I have to say that my eyes welled at the reading of Hanasians dream, and I had a great yearning to cry out nooo! when Naiore killed Farasan [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I too am ready for the discussion thread to open and looking forward to seeing what the new writers characters bring to the story. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2003, 07:05 AM   #168
Ealasaid
Wight

Ealasaid has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I guess we are now ready to open the Discussion Thread.

Great posts, Nerindel & Snowdog!

Elora, that works for me. Also, that way, you will not be bound in any way by anything that might happen in the RPG. Have fun with it!
Old 08-21-2003, 07:46 AM   #169
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Well ok then... Lets open it up and see who al is interested! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

One bit of request I have pertaining to this RP.. that is I am hoping we all can 'write around' each other's posts with a minimal of discussing points in the discussion thread? I have seen some RPs here where everyone in the story is so bent on making every dot and tittle match that it bogs down the creative flow, at least for me. Also, I am unable to write when someone 'saves a post' so they can write in them later. I think.. 'Why should I post if I may have to edit it all later?' Anyway, here's to hoping for a free-flowing RP! Cheers!
Old 08-21-2003, 10:59 AM   #170
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Shwoa, Snowdog! Beautiful post! Now I can see why you favor first person.

And Nerindel yours was fantastic too. I’m feeling out of my depth here!

Elora, many thanks for offering to resolve the Green Dragon issue. I am no longer feeling off balance, ridiculous as it may seem!

Snowdog, I will do my utmost not to be picky, but I am a draftsman and comes with the territory to want the details to line up. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Looking forward to starting soon, and seeing where this all leads us!
Old 08-21-2003, 11:10 AM   #171
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

I am going to close this Planning Thread now. You can move your queries, observations, etc, to the newly opened Discussion Thread.

Snowdog - I would like to clarify about 'SAVES' for you - It is the obligation of the one who puts in the 'SAVE' to fit it in with both the posts previous to it and the posts that follow it.

There is no obligation on the part of the writer who posts after to go back and edit their post.

Having said that - I would like to see SAVES kept to a minimum.
Old 08-21-2003, 07:40 PM   #172
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Many thanks Piosenniel! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Here is the outline of the story, taken from the last working draft of Ealasaid:

-----------------------------------

ACT 1: At the Forsaken Inn
  • Lespheria departs, leaving Amandur at the inn, where he remains in the hopes of finding out where Naiore is.
  • Naiore & Vanwe meet somewhere near the inn.
  • Kaldir captures Gilly, who is trying to rescue Benia.
  • Hanasian returns to the inn from Bree.
  • 2 Shady Underworld Types arrive at the inn. (Or they may already be there -- writer‘s choice.)
  • 2 New Rangers arrive at the inn, meeting Amandur and Hanasian.

ACT 2: Meetings & Departures
  • Kaldir returns to the woods, where he had earlier sensed an ominous presence, and discovers that it is indeed Naiore. He picks up her trail.
  • Naiore & Vanwe fall in together.
  • Hanasian & Amandur also learn of Naiore's presence by chance, intuition, or whispered rumor.
  • Having been intercepted and turned back by a messenger from her twin brother, Lespheria returns to the inn, where she rejoins Amandur.
  • Hanasian joins forces with the other two (as yet unnamed) Rangers.
  • Hearing somehow of Naiore’s presence, the Underworld Types decide to seek her out, leaving the inn before the others.
  • The rest of them depart (in separate groups) in pursuit of Naiore.
  • Gilly and Benia accompany Kaldir as his prisoners (sort of).

Act 3: Intrigue
  • Naiore & Vanwe take up with the two Shady Underworld Types
  • The Hunters & the Hunted all stalk each other a bit. There are run-ins & confrontations as Naiore attempts to take out her pursuers by whatever means she has at her disposal.
  • Gilly & Benia try to decide whether to assist Kaldir, escape from him, or attempt to redeem him.
  • Hanasian catches up with Kaldir.

Act 4: The Noose Tightens
  • With Rangers and bounty hunters closing in, Naiore changes her focus from killing the Rangers to pursuing Menecin, using any and all means to conceal her path.
  • The Rangers (all of them) and Lespheria ride together.
  • Shady characters start to realize Naiore may be setting them up for a fall and so plot against her.
  • Gilly & Benia manage to free themselves or Kaldir loosens his grip as he becomes increasingly focused on the hunt for Naiore.

Act 5: End Game
  • Naiore makes her attempt to kill Menecin. She fails & flees to the south, deserting Vanwe to her fate.
  • Naiore tries to take down anyone she can as she attempts to escape the closing trap.
  • The shady characters make their move against Naiore, either on their own or together.
  • Naiore is trapped somewhere near the Gladden Fields, where she is either captured or slain.

If there are any questions, please don't hesitate to PM us. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight
Old 08-23-2003, 05:51 PM   #173
Snowdog

Tolkien

Good grief! I forgot to run spellcheck on that post! Have to fix some blaring errors.

Anyway, as a request in this RP, I am hoping that any 'saved' posts could be kept to a minimum so the interactive writing amongst all the writers can flow well. Maythis be a good write for all! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers!
Old 08-23-2003, 08:37 PM   #174
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Snowdog - I took your post to Word and ran spell check over it - see if it's ok now.
Old 08-23-2003, 09:39 PM   #175
Snowdog

Pipe

Hey Great! Thanks Pio! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2003, 11:28 PM   #176
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Perhaps it's time to invite some people to join us!

Hey Snowdog, where's my beer? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2003, 11:05 AM   #177
Snowdog

Sting

A for elora!

Yes! Yes! I believe anyone who wishes to take on one of the open characters can post their required entry info here.

A note on the Ranger characters... its not reall a 'requirement' to be deep friends with Hanasían, but there is a close brotherhood among the Rangers, so it would be required to write as being familiar with Hanasían and Amandur, and possibly have memories of Kaldir.
Old 08-24-2003, 05:48 PM   #178
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

"mmmmmmmm, beer!"

Thanks Snowdog, very refreshing!

I've started to invite individuals with a p.m. If any take up the invitation, I'll advise them to post their characters here for us all to see.

Meanwhile, based on the possibility that noone takes up the invitation (*sob*) I'm also working up some of the characters in advance preparation. Thus far, I'm working on the two nefarious shady underworld types. If I have my head around who these two are, it will be easier to write them when and if the need for us to write them arises.

I'd be happier still, if this advance prep work proves redundant.

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2003, 10:33 PM   #179
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I've been meaning to contribute a character for this game for some time now...sorry it's taken me so long. I'm sorry if it seems a little rushed...
Character Description Form:
Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – NO

Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – YES - The Green Dragon

For your character please include:

NAME: Maethor

RACE: Man

WEAPONS : A bow is slung across his back and Maethor carries a plain dagger that hangs from his belt and two long, slender, silver knives are hidden in his soft leather boots.

APPEARANCE: Maethor is strong boned and lithe. He dresses in dark clothes, mainly green and black, because they conceal him in darkness. Brown hair, which is nearly black, falls to his shoulders. His skin is a coppery brown color which has been enhanced by journeying under the sun.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Quiet and meek, Maethor does not particularly care to fight, save in self defense. He is no coward and likes to play the flute and compose songs, sometimes in elvish sometimes in the Common Tongue. He does not speak much, but thinks and ponders the things of life and the past. Kind and helpful even to his enemies, he is sometimes “duped” by those who have seemed to repent or seem to be more like friends than enemies.

HISTORY: When he was young, he spent much time in Rivendell. As he grew older, Maethor spent long years in roaming the boundaries of the Shire, seeking for those that would corrupt the Little Folk’s land with their evil. He knew of Kaldir and is aware of the horrors he suffered at the hand of Naiore. He had met Amandur II and Hanasian on occasion and has great respect for them. Though he was not among the thirty who joined Aragorn, he did travel swiftly to Gondor and rode with him to the battle on the Pelennor Fields. After that, he has sought those who escaped, especially the elf maiden Nairore, whom he hated because of what she did to kin and the free people of Middle-earth.

Imladris' post

Maethor slowly reigned his eager stallion and lingered in the shadows of the forest. The Forsaken Inn loomed like a great shadow, ominious in the eerie light of the moon. Maethor shuddered...great evil was here, lurking in the shadows. He considered the quest that had led him here, the mission to pursue the elf Naiore. He shuddered again as he thought of her, the elf that had run with Sauron. It seemed impossible that a member of the Fair Fold would sully herself with such evil.

Naiore had harmed many, tortured even her own kind. Maethor remembered Kaldir, the ranger whose spirit she had tried to break. Maethor snorted in disgust. Kaldir had indeed lowered himself to the ranks of bounty hunter, yet he was a Dunedain...he was a brother yet.

It was a night laden with memories. Memories of evil times, of darkness that still needed to be routed out of the happy lands. The Shire...his blood turned chill as he realized that Naiore had probably wished to spill blood in her wrath of vengeance upon this fair land. Curse her, that elf woman. Maethor laughed aloud, suddenly, at the Hobbits...the Hobbits that had been (and are still) ignorant of the evil in the south. Even though viewed as a scaliwag among them, Maethor loved the little folk and he could not bear to see Naiore harm them and their land.

At the memories, dull hatred took possesion of Maethor's mind as he slowly dismounted and tied his stallion, Nair, to an old hitching post. Creeping softly, hiding in the shadows, the ranger made his way to the door and opened it. Hanasian and Amandur should be there in the room. Maethor peered about him, trying to distinguish the figures of men in the thick fog of smoke as he sought ofr the two rangers.

[ August 25, 2003: Message edited by: Imladris ]

[ August 27, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]

Old 08-24-2003, 11:27 PM   #180
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Imladris, well met or mae govannan (as I should say) [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Many thanks for your contribution. I gather you're interested in one of the 2 Ranger roles up for grabs. Looks good to me and an interesting interpretation on the usual spin on "Ranger" types.

I'll let the others know about your interest and we hopefully should have a decision for you soon. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2003, 03:17 AM   #181
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Hey, Imladris

Maethor looks great [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Like Elora said, once we hear from the others we'll let you know [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2003, 06:42 AM   #182
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

Hooray, another of the “good guys”! Thanks Imladris.
Old 08-26-2003, 11:19 AM   #183
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

Looks good, Imladris!

Sorry I have been absent from the thread for so long -- lots of complications. I hope I am back now.

[ August 26, 2003: Message edited by: Ealasaid ]
Old 08-26-2003, 11:49 AM   #184
Snowdog

Pipe

Ah yes, the quiet one, Maethor! Looks good! Have a [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Hoping a few more submissions will come in, and I too have taken the chore of writing up another ranger character as well. Hoping he won't be needed.

Ealasaid, I understand the RL complications dear. Good to see you back! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ August 26, 2003: Message edited by: Snowdog ]
Old 08-26-2003, 05:42 PM   #185
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Hmmm, then that seems to settle one Ranger character.

Welcome Imladris. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm hopeful I won't need to nut a few more character profiles myself. Three is enough. But, if that's how it goes, then so be it. Chores aside, I think our number could shape a wonderful tale.

Welcome back Ealasaid! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2003, 06:36 PM   #186
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Thanks for accepting me! Just in case no more submissions come in (I can't imagine why they won't...this sounds so interesting), I'd be glad to play a shady underworldery sort of character if I'm needed. Just let me know.

Old 08-27-2003, 01:24 AM   #187
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Character Description Form:

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – YES, Truthin in a Dark Place, Corsairs and Corsets, The Fall of Greenwood the Great.

2.) I am in two at the moment.

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – YES.. The Green Dragon...

(One of the Shady underworld types)

NAME: Avanill...

RACE: Man

WEAPONS: Numerous sets of knives, a sword and numerous little bottles filled with poisons, which he uses to eradicate people who have not paid his debts.

APPEARANCE: Like his mother, Atantri, he has tanned skin, shoulder-length dark brown hair. His eyes are a deep shade of blue. He wears clothes of dark colours and a calico-type cloak, which is now a sign of his house.

PERSONALITY: Avanill is a deep person and very unhospitable to people whom he falls out with. He has killed before and like his mother takes pride in success. Avanill is not a complete outlaw. He never knew his father, whom his mother killed. He is very good at bargaining, to his credit, is very gentlemanly, until he has reason to hurt someone. It is not a good idea to be in his debt. Avanill is immensely respectful towards his mother Atantri who single-handedly raised him in Minhiriath before leaving him at intervals to terrorise the West Road.

HISTORY:

Avanill lived out his childhood years in the inn at Minhiriath with his grandmother the innkeeper and his mother, a Bandit on the West Road. Avanill was always curious about the type of people who would wander into the inn and constantly listened to their stories. His mother had taught him to ride horses from a young age as well as fight. And his mother had always been pleased with him. Later in his life, and a little while after the war of the ring, Avanill joined his mother with several other bandits on Pinnath Gelin in Gondor, herself having evaded capture numerous amounts of times, but failing on one occasion when she double crossed the head of the bandits and was awarded her life by King Helinon, the son of the mighty Kin Hirluin the fair who was slain in the war of the ring. Helinon was pleased for Atantri’s actions and granted her, her life.

Avanill had been around eight years old, when he heard news of his mother’s capture and when she returned home, he practised her skill of robbery. As it was said… Avanill joined his mother in Pinnath Gelin, where they robbed passing merchants and parties. Swiftly evading many a time, the guards of the mark and of Gondor. At the age of twenty, Avanill and his mother returned to the inn at Minhiriath where Atantri released him from her house, and presented him with a calico cloak to which he said. “Mother I will for ever wear this as a sign of your house and of your noble deeds to me and our kind. My children and theirs will keep your name honoured.” And he went off to the north to try his luck of trading on Middle-Earth’s black-market selling stolen goods which he had acquired from his old acquaintances, the bandits of Pinnath Gelin, who still roamed few and far between on its planes.

Everdawn's post

Avanill restrained his horse from further movement than was necessary. It was true that the pair looked a formidable team when out on the open road, Avanill pitied his victims greatly. The Forsaken inn he chimed to himself. “Ah yes, I should think it has been time enough for the people who owe me, to pay me back. Has it been due time for them Amathalay?” he asked the grey horse who seemed to stamp his hooves in approval.

“So do I.” Avanill replied and dismounted the animal. And remembered his mother, the formidable bandit, Atantri’s parting words to him. “It has come time mother, I must journey north.” Is what he had said gathering up his weapons, seeing standing before him the tired form of his thirty six year old mother Atantri. “So soon? You are eagre my son, and that may get you into trouble in the future. Remember that.” She said as she handed him his cloak. “Not if you have taught me well.” He said back to her. “That is what I fear most. I can offer you one piece of advice that will see you through all of your years, even when I am gone.” Avanill stopped dead, and listened eagerly, as he always did when his mother spoke.

“Trust no one. I would be dead ten times over if it were not for this instinct. You owe no allegiance to anyone, not even to me, you are your own person. The days of old with our companions of the bandits are near over, if it is your choice to deal with them, make it be that you trade to Mordor. There is still resistance there, and a will to pay high prices for goods.” Avanill had kissed his mother on the head and left with the grey horse whom his mother used to ride in her days of terrorising Pinnath Gelin, and whom she had named Amathalay, after a traitor her friend killed saying “It is a name only fit for a horse.”

It had been a long ride for Avanill on his old but sturdy and intimidating steed, but he had been here before. His mother was right, he had been dealing with the bandits of Pinnath Gelin, but he had not guessed that she was so close to the truth, his comapny did take goods grom the bandits and sold them in turn at a higher percentage to outlaws in Mordor, to name one in particular, Naiore. Yes she paid high prices for Avanill's goods, and it was common knowledge that the king's men were after her.

It was his black market trade which had brought him here in the first place, on his way further north. “Hello Sir” came the voice of a man from the stables. Avanill turned around to see him, “Dervorin, if it isn’t you. Last time I saw you, you owed me a debt!” said Avanill cheerfully. “I uh… I paid you back, begging you pardon Avanill.” Said Dervorin, slightly alarmed.

“Of course you have!” Avanill chortled, “Not to hold a man’s debts against him of course…” he trailed off and walked closer to the man. “… you fail to pay me on time again and I will have your head-“ Avanill paused when two decent looking men came into the stables, to which Avanill changed his time immediately, “And yes, my mother is fine.. how is your family?!!” the men left shortly after Avanill finished this sentence, which prompted him to go back into threat mode. “Fine” muttered Dervorin. “Well…” began Avanill leaning closer again, “they wont be next time, understand?” and without waiting for an answer, Avanill turned on his heel and entered the inn leaving only his horse and the swish of his cloak in his wake.

[ August 27, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]

[ August 30, 2003: Message edited by: Everdawn ]

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 08-27-2003, 01:43 AM   #188
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Imladris and Everdawn - please note the edits on your posts. They were simply to space your First Post away from the Character Bio, and standardize the First Post identifying line. (Makes it easier for me when it's time to transfer them to the RPG)
Old 08-27-2003, 03:53 AM   #189
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Mae Govannen Everdawn and our thanks for your contribution for a nefarious underworld character. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

An intriguing personage indeed.

I do have some questions (being a block headed Bracegirdle from Harbottle [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ). How have your character and Naiore met or how do you envisage the two meeting?

As the two will be working together, I'm interested to see what manner of connection or relationship you foresee between your bandit and the Ravenor of Mordor. It will help me conceptualise Naiore's own inclinations towards him.

Thanks and cheers (where's that beer when you need it)!
Old 08-27-2003, 05:34 AM   #190
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Hey! great to see you Everdawn [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2003, 10:44 AM   #191
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

Quote:
I do have some questions (being a block headed Bracegirdle from Harbottle).
I'd like to formally protest the above quote! We Bracegirdles do not have square heads or ones made of notably dense material, even in Harbottle! I believe Mr. Bilbo based his opinion on Lobelia Sackville-Baggins nee Bracegirdle, who can hardly be said to be representative.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Sorry Elora, I just couldn't pass it up! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ August 27, 2003: Message edited by: Hilde Bracegirdle ]
Old 08-27-2003, 10:53 AM   #192
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

Good to see you, Everdawn! Your post looks great! Should be an interesting character...

Kaldir might be interested in catching him for a bounty, too! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] There are lots of opportunities opening up for an enterprising bounty hunter! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ August 27, 2003: Message edited by: Ealasaid ]
Old 08-27-2003, 03:08 PM   #193
Snowdog

Sting

Hey Cool!a submission for an evil sort! I have a couple questions about Avanill & the inn at Minhiriath aon the West Road. I was just curious as to where on the Middle Earth map this place would be? Hanasían is quite fond of Inns. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Oh, the beer for Maethor is for him to enjoy while we await more submissions, not that I would make a unilateral decision to accept the character. However, in light of the activity, I don't see too many submissions coming along, and both characters submitted so far are great!
Old 08-27-2003, 09:37 PM   #194
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Sting

Not meaning to be a pain, but I'm confused.

Elora said this:
Quote:
Hmmm, then that seems to settle one Ranger character.
Welcome Imladris.
Snowdog said this:
Quote:
Oh, the beer for Maethor is for him to enjoy while we await more submissions, not that I would make a unilateral decision to accept the character. However, in light of the activity, I don't see too many submissions coming along, and both characters submitted so far are great!
Correct me if I'm wrong (don't take this negatively, I don't mean to be nasty!) but what exactly do you mean, Snowdog? It's been bugging me all day...am I only accepted for now, or permanantly? (BTW, thanks for the compliment.)

I am sorry if I'm being an annoying little twit, but I just want to be absolutely sure, ya know what I mean?

Old 08-27-2003, 11:07 PM   #195
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

I can't speak for Snowdog... some may say I can't speak for myself. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

However I think Snowdog may have been referring to the contrib made by Everdawn and not yours, Imladris. I thought you were accepted by us all, no temporary about it.

Snowdog Am I wrong? Go on, it's safe to say so if I am. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Galadriel of the Olden No need to save a place nor kick anyone out of the way. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

We look forward to your contribution. Roles will be assigned on the quality of the profile and First Post, and how they integrate with the other established characters and plot. It's not on a who is in line first basis.

As there are two places for baddies (and none yet assigned as far as I am aware), you're plenty in time to show us what you've got! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2003, 12:35 AM   #196
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

All those desiring to play characters in this game:

Posting SAVES for Character Bios and First Posts is not allowed. Just get the Bio and Post done and put it on the Discussion thread please.

~~ Piosenniel, Shire Moderator

[ August 28, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 08-28-2003, 02:58 PM   #197
Snowdog

Pipe

I have no idea what I mean Imladris. I guess I mean sit down and have a & a and wait with us as we see who all submits characters and all. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I myself think that since you took the time to read all our background, characters, and posts and wrote up a character and post, that you are in as is Everdawn, but the way I understand the rules of RP here in the Shire, all submissions have to be made and after a time the acceptances are extended. which would be the case if we had 6 people want two Ranger characters, which I highly doubt will be tha case, so for all practical purposes, you're in. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Does that make it any clearer??

[ August 28, 2003: Message edited by: Snowdog ]
Old 08-28-2003, 05:20 PM   #198
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Thanks for the beer and the smoke. Maethor will definately enjoy them both as smoking helps him think. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Okay...okay.

Yeah, that makes things a lot clear, thank you!

Old 08-28-2003, 08:21 PM   #199
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Sorry it has seemed so confusing concerning the choosing of characters for the Game.

Here is how that should be done when there is more than one owner for the game:

Once a gamer proposes a Character and puts up a First Post – then all the owners of the game, should, by PM, consider the character offered and the quality of the writing, and decide whether the player is accepted or will be asked to rework his/her submission. The player can of course, at once, be told thank you for the submission, and that it is under consideration.

Then, one owner will speak for the group – PM’ing the player if the character is not acceptable, PM’ing the player if there is a need to change something on the bio or the post, OR placing the accepted player’s name with the character name under the appropriate listing as shown below for this game:

CHARACTERS NEEDED:
  • 2 Rangers - Male, Race of Men.

1.)

2.)

1.)

2.)

Since it was Ealasaid I was first in contact with concerning this game, I would like her to be the main spokesperson for doing this.

Can all of the owners please PM her concerning any questions or needs for revisions they have with the current submissions, and if none, your willingness to let their character play, as it stands now, in the game.

~~ Thanks! Piosenniel, Shire Moderator

[ August 28, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 08-29-2003, 04:14 AM   #200
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Thanks, and i have not really thought about exactly where Avanill's inn is. But yes, that would sound interesting for Kaldir to come after Avanill.

Elora: ok im feeling much blonder than i already am... I suppose Avanill could have met Naiore when the bandits used to bootleg goods to Mordor during/after the war of the ring... Evil by association. Maybe this could be the basis for joining her. Who knows, Avanill has a thing about saving his own skin, if you get what i mean.

~My lord, Éomer~