The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-27-2009, 04:57 PM   #721
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #722
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I thought Rikae was referring to Sally as the Black Knight. Or am I mistaken amongst all of these crosspostings?

Either way, I'm certain Rikae is lying, for various reasons.

X'd since phantom's #714. Bah at all of these cross postings..
Old 02-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #723
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
...In case you're wondering, that's my sally-analysis/crack theory.

That's right, folks, she's claiming to have a role that doesn't exist.

So either she's a cobbler (whom we ignore and don't kill) or she's an innocent playing with our minds or she's telling the truth.

So, Rikae, if you're correct and not a cobbler/wolf/bear, let's just give sally the benefit of the doubt and get rid of Izzy toDay.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #724
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
By the way, in case Rikae is lying, Izzy would be the obvious choice for White Queen. I'm not saying Rikae's lying, nor that Izzy's good, but if Rikae's evil Izzy's got my allegiance.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:01 PM   #725
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Mnemo -
I know she's been implying that. There isn't any Hunter, though, only the White Queen, and I know for a fact she isn't that, so she has to be evil.

*sigh*

EDIT: X'd with Mnemo and Sally. Oh, I see - I thought you were saying you didn't see why I found her evil. OK.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:03 PM   #726
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
No, you don't, Rikae. Day Two lynch* showed me quite clearly that there is more going on in this game than meets the eye. The mod probably has reserved the right to change the rules without our knowing it if he thinks it makes a better game.

*You still haven't explained that, btw. If Izzy was so darn evil and you knew it, how did she not die unless there are roles that you don't know about? (Since if you're the White Queen you obviously wouldn't have tried to save her)
Old 02-27-2009, 05:03 PM   #727
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Mnemo -
I know she's been implying that. There isn't any Hunter, though, only the White Queen, and I know for a fact she isn't that, so she has to be evil.

*sigh*

EDIT: X'd with Mnemo and Sally. Oh, I see - I thought you were saying you didn't see why I found her evil. OK.

Gah! I'm leaving for a while. Need to clean up our room both for practical purposes and so I don't go postal and decide to kill Queenie over here.

Back later. I'll still be checking in, so never fear.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #728
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Oh, ok, to explain my reasoning, then *tries to calm down*

It might have seemed more obvious to me that the white queen had hunting powers, since I've known that all along, so I immediately jumped from "Sally is saying she's the Hunter" to "Sally is saying she's the WQ".

It's just the same as in chess - the queen has the powers of both a rook and a bishop. I have no idea why Sally would impersonate the WQ if she wasn't evil; and I also can't imagine how she could be an extra hunter that doesn't exist.

Now I really have to go make dinner for my kids. Don't do anything rash while I'm gone, people, please.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:10 PM   #729
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
It's just the same as in chess - the queen has the powers of both a rook and a bishop. I have no idea why Sally would impersonate the WQ if she wasn't evil; and I also can't imagine how she could be an extra hunter that doesn't exist.
That's about the first thing that you've said that lends support to you saying you're the White Queen.

But could you please say whether you had any role in the crack that was the Day Two death?
Old 02-27-2009, 05:10 PM   #730
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
*You still haven't explained that, btw. If Izzy was so darn evil and you knew it, how did she not die unless there are roles that you don't know about? (Since if you're the White Queen you obviously wouldn't have tried to save her)
You actually have a good point with that.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:13 PM   #731
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I highly doubt Shasta would change the rules as the game went along - just to make it a better game. The rules are quite set before the game even begins.

X'd with Mnemosyne and Rikae
Old 02-27-2009, 05:20 PM   #732
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

All right, let me try to sort this out:

If we lynch Izzy toDay, and Sally is the BK, I'm dead toNight (unless she already protected herself) since she has nothing to fear from me.

If we lynch Izzy and Sally is the extra Hunter she claims to be, we're in good shape, but probably none the wiser.

If we lynch Sally and she is the BK, I can hunt *somebody* toNight (still a bear out there, too) and we can lynch Izzy toMorrow.

If we lynch Sally and she's this extra Hunter thing, lets hope she hunts Izzy and not me, or you're down both gifteds in one blow, with two unknown baddies still out there.

Well, I guess I'll go with what you guys choose, but yeah.

Now I really have to make dinner.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:21 PM   #733
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
So... do you think the BQ has this same power, if it's the same as normal chess? That the BQ sees, hunts, and kills at night? It seems like the odds would be stacked in xer favor, if that was the case...

And I really don't know why Sally's impersonating a Hunter any more. I mean, I thought I did, but now I really have no clue. I think she's innocent, so I can't for the life of me figure out why she's pretending to be a role we don't know about. Unless the WQ has the ability to turn an innocent into a cohort? You know, like a pawn gets queened, or whatever? You'd think Shasta might have mentioned that, though.

Edit: ditto Izzy; I don't think Shasta would do something like that.

Edit 2: x'd Rik
Old 02-27-2009, 05:25 PM   #734
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
If we lynch Sally and she's this extra Hunter thing, lets hope she hunts Izzy and not me, or you're down both gifteds in one blow, with two unknown baddies still out there.
Well, if we're going with Sally's claim, she's also claiming (I can find the quotes if you'd like) that she's another logical hunter. So if you are who you say you are, and Sally hunts you, and she tells us she's hunting you, and you don't die but the narration reveals her as a second White Rook, then we know you're a white piece. For all the good that would do, as I'm pretty sure that that would sign your death warrant.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:28 PM   #735
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
All right, let me try to sort this out:

If we lynch Izzy toDay, and Sally is the BK, I'm dead toNight (unless she already protected herself) since she has nothing to fear from me.

If we lynch Izzy and Sally is the extra Hunter she claims to be, we're in good shape, but probably none the wiser.

If we lynch Sally and she is the BK, I can hunt *somebody* toNight (still a bear out there, too) and we can lynch Izzy toMorrow.

Well, I guess I'll go with what you guys choose, but yeah.

Now I really have to make dinner.

Go make dinner, hun. Take a couple hours away from the computer. Maybe you'll come back and realize what's going on. Heh, fat chance.

I think Shasta just hates me.

I know this isn't going to be popular, but....

What if we lynched someone else? If Rikae's telling the truth and they kill her, Izzy's gone. True, we're out a Queen, but I'd almost say it's worth the risk.

And Rikae, if you are as you say and I'm not killed toDay, dream me toNight. It's not so you'll trust me, although that would make my life easier, but so....yeah. Stuff and junk.

Let's just say that no matter what I know who I am and I know the role of one other player. I don't dream, and I don't save. You already know what I'm claiming to be and you know I don't lie about my role (though I can understand how people wouldn't believe me about that) so if I said if flat out would that help? Because we don't have much longer to catch the baddies and while I wanted to cause a bit of a stir yesterDay and toDay I didn't expect such a circus.

My death will sort this all out. If you're all truly confused, kill me. Everything that has been said toDay will become clear. I'll even Nilp myself if it benefits the village. At this point I'm going to take my bloody meds and grab some dinner, so let me know what you (the village) would like me to do.

At your service as always,

~~Sally the WHITE ROOK, MARK TWO, people!~~

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 02-27-2009 at 05:33 PM. Reason: like the look of it better with the highlight inverted
Old 02-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #736
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
A voice from beyond the abyss...

Note on chess notation for all you chess players out there: The King and the Knight both start with a K. In chess notation, the King is denoted by "K" and the Knight denoted by "N". Just thought I'd clarify in case someone wants to know what the "BK" or "BN" is and can't figure it out.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:31 PM   #737
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Note on chess notation for all you chess players out there: The King and the Knight both start with a K. In chess notation, the King is denoted by "K" and the Knight denoted by "N". Just thought I'd clarify in case someone wants to know what the "BK" or "BN" is and can't figure it out.
Oh. Yeah, totally didn't know that. Thanks for clarifying, hun.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:33 PM   #738
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Why would she have nothing to fear? Couldn't you kill her with your hunting power? The Knight can't protect from a Hunt, can she?

But anyway, a look at the lynch Sally plan...

It assumes that Kath didn't dream of her. That's my biggest hump to get over. Once past that it looks fine, seeing as you say she's evil. And if she's an extra Hunter she can just kill someone. But you know... hmm... it is a lot to take on faith that we have an extra Hunter. I mean, why the heck would we?

You're right about her seeming to pave the way for a Queen reveal. As a matter of fact, after Brin pegged her as a Seer dream (meaning that the Weres will kill her tonight) and Sally did that eye-pop thing, personally I thought that Sally was indeed the Queen and had just realized that by being the dream she was as good as dead tonight. Surely if she was the Hunter she would prefer that she die as opposed to another innocent, for she could hunt someone as she died. Why have a negative reaction to it?

That does make her look a bit shady.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:39 PM   #739
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Why would she have nothing to fear? Couldn't you kill her with your hunting power? The Knight can't protect from a Hunt, can she?

But anyway, a look at the lynch Sally plan...

It assumes that Kath didn't dream of her. That's my biggest hump to get over. Once past that it looks fine, seeing as you say she's evil. And if she's an extra Hunter she can just kill someone. But you know... hmm... it is a lot to take on faith that we have an extra Hunter. I mean, why the heck would we?

You're right about her seeming to pave the way for a Queen reveal. As a matter of fact, after Brin pegged her as a Seer dream (meaning that the Weres will kill her tonight) and Sally did that eye-pop thing, personally I thought that Sally was indeed the Queen and had just realized that by being the dream she was as good as dead tonight. Surely if she was the Hunter she would prefer that she die as opposed to another innocent, for she could hunt someone as she died. Why have a negative reaction to it?

That does make her look a bit shady.
The Knight can protect themself once the whole game, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not afraid of dying. I'm afraid of dying toDay given recent events. And I eye-popped for reasons I can't say, sorry. Well, I could, but it's redundant now anyway so I won't bother wasting your time.

YesterDay I wanted to attract attention, but not get lynched. Why? I hadn't gotten a pick yet. I'm sure Phantom had guessed that already, and my apologies for being so short with you. I'm always a very frustrated gifted.

I'll tell you who I'm hunting if I'm lynched, and if Izzy is not lynched I will tell you who I plan to set my pick to toNight. (I'm not currently hunting Izzy, and a good thing too since Rikae's on her, but her death will tell me what I need to know for toNight and forward)

An interesting thought occured to me. Since Shasta created another white rook, maybe he created another black one as well? Crap, I hope not.

Really going now. I need some lovely alone time with Les Mis and a bottle of juice and a pile of clothes that need folding.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:39 PM   #740
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

So, if not sally, whom did Kath dream Night Three?
Old 02-27-2009, 05:41 PM   #741
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
She dreamt me Night Three. Thus I know everything that Kath knew up until her death. Unfortunately she was unable to PM me before she was slaughtered, so I don't know the identity of her Night Four dream, only who she dreamt of.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:41 PM   #742
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnem
Probably me again. She just can't get me out of her mind.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:42 PM   #743
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:

Well, at my suggestion....

We both got into our PJs and got on IM, did our nails, and talked about you.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:45 PM   #744
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
Kath, after game this is ON.

...Unless it's unrequited love. Then you're allowed to pine as much as you wish.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:50 PM   #745
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Kath, after game this is ON.

...Unless it's unrequited love. Then you're allowed to pine as much as you wish.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:55 PM   #746
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quick question for Rikae-

So Izzy is the only one you know?

Why couldn't the other baddies be Fea or Dury or Mnem or Brin? Why must we lynch Sally?

Pshhhh... Actually I'm tired of this. All of this reveal stuff was done in a rather tripping way. Not smooth. No proofs presented. A reveal is a hugely important thing. Why not do it like "I am this. This proves it. I did this on this Night. I did it because of this. I recommend doing this. Etc." Lay down the law, you know. Good Wizard TP style, or Boro Seer style. Instead the reveals and conversations surrounding them resulted in mass confusion. I'm still not sure I understand precisely where Sally and Rikae stand on everything. And why wouldn't they bare their souls at this point?

*grumbles*

I almost want to start a lynching effort against someone with nothing to do with any of this nonsense just to protest.

But I suppose that wouldn't help anything in the long run. Whatever. Now I'm rather looking forward to dying tonight. But if Sally and Rikae are both still alive then they'll probably bump off those two and leave me be. I'd almost be willing to lynch one of them just so I can be done tonight.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:55 PM   #747
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Why would Shasta create a second White Rook - which was completely and utterly secret?

Why say all of the possible roles in the game, but leave one out - and not even hint about it?

I fail to see it happening. When he already left the role specifics of the White Queen out.

X'd with phantom
Old 02-27-2009, 05:55 PM   #748
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Please, no more downer couples. I don't want anyone stealing my thunder on my wedding day. [/bridezilla]

Sally is almost convincing me, which is an impressive feat, considering there is no second hunter in this game!

I'm on Izzy, indeed. Tonight I will hunt her, if she's left alive, unless I decide to hunt somebody else, or be really bold and dream instead... you never know which way I'll go.

If Sally is what she says (and I have to admit, the "I don't lie about my role" thing is very unsporting if she isn't), there are a cobbler, a black rook, and a werebear among these people:

Durelin
Feanor of the Peredhil
Brinniel
Mnemosyne

Those are actually fairly good odds.

EDIT: X'd with Phantom and Izzy
Old 02-27-2009, 05:56 PM   #749
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Wow. First game on the site and Mnem is already wishing to fight someone.

Should we set up a cage and place bets?

Winner gets Phantom?
Old 02-27-2009, 06:00 PM   #750
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Technically, he never said there was only one of each. But having doubles of something; other than an ordo - it seems like it would put things off balance.

X'd with Rikae and phantom
Old 02-27-2009, 06:01 PM   #751
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rikae,

Don't forget that anyone dreamed innocent could be a black pawn.

Otherwise, I'm with you.

I know that I'm a White Pawn, but unlike sally I don't expect you to believe me because of me not lying or whatever.

Which would (for me) narrow it down to Fea, Brinn, and Dury.

However, if neither you nor sally are lying, I think that since the baddies all realize what you've just posted up above they're going to try to discredit both of you as much as possible. Including through leaving you alive.

So while I'd be more than willing to lynch one of the three I listed above (especially Fea*) I'm not sure if that's a good long-term strategy.

*what was that facade comment from her earlier?
Old 02-27-2009, 06:02 PM   #752
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Wow. First game on the site and Mnem is already wishing to fight someone.

Should we set up a cage and place bets?

Winner gets Phantom?
phantom, sweetheart, that's not how girls fight. That's just a Hollywood fabrication to bring males into otherwise boring chickflicks.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:04 PM   #753
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Technically, he never said there was only one of each. But having doubles of something; other than an ordo - it seems like it would put things off balance.

X'd with Rikae and phantom
Yes, unless since one Hunter got killed Night One he decided to create another. *facepalm* sally's theories are soooooo cracked, but I simply cannot disprove them and say outright that she's lying.

I'm putting my faith in my interpretation of Kathl's dream. If I'm right, then sally is a cobbler at worst and should be ignored for the time being.

Let's put some focus on some of the other players already, k?

Who wants to analyze me?
Old 02-27-2009, 06:06 PM   #754
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Please, no more downer couples. I don't want anyone stealing my thunder on my wedding day. [/bridezilla]

Sally is almost convincing me, which is an impressive feat, considering there is no second hunter in this game!

I'm on Izzy, indeed. Tonight I will hunt her, if she's left alive, unless I decide to hunt somebody else, or be really bold and dream instead... you never know which way I'll go.

If Sally is what she says (and I have to admit, the "I don't lie about my role" thing is very unsporting if she isn't), there are a cobbler, a black rook, and a werebear among these people:

Durelin
Feanor of the Peredhil
Brinniel
Mnemosyne

Those are actually fairly good odds.

EDIT: X'd with Phantom and Izzy

Exactly. See? We're really not in that much trouble.

I'm normally not this out there as a gifted but I knew if I had any chance of being believe at all I'd have to come on darn strong. From the moment I got my PM from Shasta on Night Two I knew I was going to die, so either I'd get lynched by the village for 'lying about my role' or I'd stay quiet and the wolves would kill me.

The facts. Heh, Phantom style.

I am the White Rook.
I was switched Night Two, after Nerwen's death. And I mean after, as in I got my PM either right at or shortly after deadline. I don't know why it was specifically me that was switched, only that I became Nerwen's replacement.
I then acted as crazy as possible so I would have a better idea who to hunt.
I hunted Brinn, as was obvious by my last posts.
I was dreamed by Kath, who PM'd me twice I believe.
Her dreams from the first two Nights were Phantom and Noggie.
Phantom appeared as a white pawn, Noggie as....well, she didn't say, but we can assume he appeared as White Knight, since that was his role.
I am not saying who she dreamed the last Night, only that it was not Izzy. I do not know the role of this person via Kath's dream because she obviously died before she could hint at it in her first post of the Day.
My current hunt pick is obvious, and I refuse to say it flat out unless I am under extreme duress (or tickling).

Those are the facts. Do with them what you like.

Oh, and I don't want to lynch Izzy. Let Rikae take down the known wolf and I'll hunt another main suspect. Like I said, I'm up for suggestions, though the decision in the end will obviously be my own. We'll kill one of those listed above and Rikae and I will keep you updated on our picks so, if one of us dies, that person is either killed or exonerated.

We can do this, people.

EDIT: I became hunter on night 3, not 2. Sorry, I got the numbering mixed up because for me the game didn't start until day one so my counting was off. Whoops. Thanks for correcting me, Shasta dear.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 02-27-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:06 PM   #755
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnem
phantom, sweetheart, that's not how girls fight. That's just a Hollywood fabrication to bring males into otherwise boring chickflicks.
Don't you take away my dreams! It's a free country! I have a right to believe in what I want!
Old 02-27-2009, 06:08 PM   #756
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Phantom, darling, the prize is supposed to be something the winner would want.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:09 PM   #757
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Phantom, it's the Hunter thing. If she is good, it kind of backfired to say the least, since it's what made me reveal at all.

And I think I was pretty clear in my reveal, you know. I usually go for something a little more entertaining with a reveal, but I was flustered by Sally's hunter business.

Anyway, it may not be a bad idea to lynch one of those four after all. You know where I stand on Izzy, tp and Wilwa; we know what Sally claims to be. The night's events may shed some light on things, and give us a chance, if we have two gifteds, to keep both.

Anyway, out of the four, I get the most innocentish feel from Mnemo. Ah, it just occurred to me (I keep forgetting it) that we don't know the cobbler is among them at all. The werebear, however, definitely is, and if Sally is what she says, a wolf is, too.

EDIT: X'd with all since "winner gets Phantom"
Old 02-27-2009, 06:09 PM   #758
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

But you see, Sally, a "winner" would want that.

*snicker*
Old 02-27-2009, 06:10 PM   #759
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Don't you take away my dreams! It's a free country! I have a right to believe in what I want!
This is Mordor, not the good old U. S. of A.

Although I'm glad to see you exercising your fundamental right as an American to be stupid.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:11 PM   #760
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
But you see, Sally, a "winner" would want that.

*snicker*
I must at this point withdraw from the game due to extreme illness, brought on by an accidental dosage of horse manure.