The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > The New Silmarillion > Translations from the Elvish - Public Forum
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2017, 07:39 PM   #10
gandalf85
Wight

gandalf85 has just left Hobbiton.
A few questions:

1) I cannot find "6 Of Eldamar and the Princes of the Eldalie Draft" anywhere and the only topic related to "7 Of the Darkening of Valinor: Of Finwë and Míriel Semi-finished" is http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=4396 last updated in 2004. Is the latest text for this only on the private forum?

2) Why was the Darkening of Valinor split up into multiple main chapters (7-10) while other chapters have sub-chapters (i.e. 12: Of the Flight of the Noldor is made up of sub-chapters "Of the Speech of Fëanor upon Túna" and "Of the first Kin-slaying and the Doom of the Noldor")? It seems inconsistent.

3) Is "Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth" going to be placed between chapters 21 and 22 of the Quenta itself? I think it makes sense to embed the Great Tales into the Quenta itself, but the Athrabeth should be in a separate section isolated from the Quenta. On a tangent: The Athrabeth is one of my favorite writings by Tolkien, and I absolutely think it should be included.

4) "Óssanwë Kenta": I am not familiar with this. Where is it from?

I agree that it is not clear what to include in Volume II and how to organize it. I will give it some thought and reply soon.
gandalf85 is offline   Reply With Quote