The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-18-2002, 01:22 AM   #1
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Joy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Fan Fic

Hey all, just wanted to let you know that my cousins (age 16F, 12m, almost 12m and 11m) and I are writing a fan fic. It is just something we are doing over the summer for fun. Maybe one day it will be posted here on the Downs.

Here are the characters. I have chosen the names through a hobbit and Dwarf name generator and the Elvish names I have translated from our real names.
  • Lerin Saphire-eye from Nogrod - 11 yr old male
  • Merimac Underhill from Tuckborough - 12 yr male
  • Marmadoc Underhill from Tuckborough - almost 12 yr male
  • Ainu Alassë from Lindon - me 24 yr female
  • Laurië Vanima from Lindon - 16 yr female
We are all cousins except for Lerin and Merimac. They are brothers. But in the FF, Merimac and Marmadoc are twin brothers, Ainu and Laurië are twin sisters and Lerin is a dwarf that accompied M&M's grandfather on a quest.

M&M were born in 1978 7th Age, Lerin was born 1902 7th Age, and I and Laurië were born in yr 512 7th Age.

I talked to the boys tonight and they seemed interested in doing this and I think that Amber will be too. She loves to write.

Wish us luck!

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 10:38 AM   #2
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

may the stars shine on your writings!

sounds like a wonderful cast for a fanfic - please let us know when it's ready for reading!
Old 05-18-2002, 10:39 AM   #3
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

What a cool Idea, Joy! I wish I could write well enough to do that. I don't think I could get my kids interested in it.
Old 05-18-2002, 11:10 AM   #4
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Sting

I think that the first chapter will cover from the 4th Age till the begining of the 7th. It will be a quick summary. It will cover a few geneologies, tracing my line down from the few evles that remained in Middle Earth after the 4th Age.

I looked for some info and noticed that Eladan, Elrohir, Celeborn and Thranduil stayed for a while. It was noted that Celeborn and Thranduil changed the name of Mirkwood to Eryn Lasgalen. It is speculated that they stayed and ruled those realms for a time. This is where my story begins.

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
Old 05-18-2002, 11:27 AM   #5
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Silmaril

Well, I'm writing a fic too. But I don't think it's good enough for the Downs or any other site. (Besides it's in script form.)
Old 05-18-2002, 12:32 PM   #6
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Sting

Morai, send me what you got, I'll be glad to read it! I'm not much of a fiction write, but I try [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] My email is mailto:KingdomWarrior@hotmai;.comKingdomWarrior@hotmai;.com</A>

Old 05-18-2002, 12:37 PM   #7
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Silmaril

uh..... okays. um, I'll send it to ya in installments since it's gotten so long and I don't have it saved on my computer.
(Starting tomorrow.)
It's called Legend of the Zizzer. (Zizzer are a race I invented, half Cat have human)
Old 05-18-2002, 12:44 PM   #8
gollum*elf*pup
Shade of Carn Dûm

gollum*elf*pup has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

wow, guys, your fanfics sound great!!!
Old 05-18-2002, 02:15 PM   #9
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Sting

Here's what I've got so far.
Quote:
Chapter 1 – Long Years Ago

As it is written in the Red Book of Westmarch, the Third Age ended with the War of the Ring and the Ring Bearer going over the Sea to Rest in the West. With the end of the Third Age, so ended the reign of the Elves in Middle Earth. Yet there were a few who stayed; Elladan and Elrohir Halfelven, sons of Elrond and Celebrian of Rivendell, King Thranduil of Mirkwood, and Lord Celeborn of Lothlórien.

With the end of the Third Age and the destruction of Sauron, the Necromancer, the realm of Mirkwood was restored to its splendor and renamed Eryn Lasgalen, the Wood of Greenleaves. This is where my tale begins.

My name is Ainu Alassë, an Elf from the realm of Lindon, on the River Lhûn. This was once the realm of Oropher, the father of Thranduil. My great-great-great grandmother, Lindoameldawen, Beloved Maiden Singer, was the sister of Thranduil. After the departure of Oropher and Thranduil, she stayed in Lindon for her lover, Thronalarca, Swift Eagle. They were soon married and bore three wonderful children; a son Furinecco – A concealed spear -, and two daughters Rínawilwarin, Crowned Butterfly, and Daughter of My Bereavement. She was thus named, for in her birth Lindoameldawen died.
I need a name for Daughter of My Bereavement. I don't know much Quenya or Sindarian, but I am trying. If you see an error in the names, please tell me.

[ May 18, 2002: Message edited by: Joy ]

Old 05-18-2002, 04:41 PM   #10
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Sting

Actually, I realized that it would be best to start in the 2nd Age, to show the link to Lindon.

Old 05-18-2002, 04:46 PM   #11
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

I, as well, am writing a fanfic! You probably have heard about it, as I have plugged it a lot. Actually...it will be a little series of fanfics..."The Lost Races of Arda"...the first one is "The Nymphs", the second will be "The Sirens", the third will go into the concept that Tolkien mentioned of the "Faerie Kingdom" and will speak of faeries...I was also thinking of having Unicorns...any other races you want to make up? I'll make up a story for them! Just describe them and I'll add them to the list!

OOOO: here's my e-mail for that: mailto:rapickens@go.comrapickens@go.com</A> !

[ May 18, 2002: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]
Old 05-18-2002, 06:56 PM   #12
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Sting

Minor edit on the dates we were all born. I think that this makes more sense.

Merimac and Marmadoc were born in the year 33 (1978) of the 7th Age, Lerin was born in the year 467 of the 6th Age, and Laurië and Alassë were born in yr 512 5th Age. It is now year 57 of the 7th age.

History of the Ages – 4th Age begin when The One Ring was destroyed. 5th Age begin at the time of Chirst. 6th Age began at the Founding of America. 7th Age began at the end of WWII, 1945.

[ May 18, 2002: Message edited by: Joy ]

Old 05-18-2002, 09:11 PM   #13
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

Very cool from what I've seen! I'll have to read it sometime! I am writing a fanfic too! I have just finished the first book and thus far it is 90 pages long (the reason I say thus far is cuz I'm doing some major edits). It is set in the fourth age and the fifth age and is the story of the treachery of Melkor and the End of Days. These are the characters involved:

Náin II- Dwarf; Great-grandson of Gimli
Isembard Took- Hobbit; distant descendant of Peregrin Took
Tolman Gardner- Hobbit; distant descendant of Elanor Gamgee
Ithaeliel (ME!)- of Men; come from Rhûn
Legolas (please don't hurt me! He returned from Valinor crazy as it sounds)- You know the rest [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Mirwen Midnight Star (is there a Sindarin translation for that?)- Half-elven; youngest of Aragorn's five daughters
Radagast (yay)- Maia; Last remaining wizard of the Istari order.
Éothain II- Man of Rohan

If there's anything inaccurate, I'm sorry. Please tell me and I'll try to change it. Also Náin is coming from Valinor too [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] . Give me honest opinion; I really want this to be a good story that follows the guidelines of Tolkien!!!
Ithaeliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 09:28 PM   #14
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Sting

Well, Ithaeliel, you may have to wait a while. I have just started, today actually, and I have to get 4 other people together to collaborate. It is hard getting 11 and 12 yr old boys to write. The 16 yr old loves it.

Old 05-18-2002, 10:05 PM   #15
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

Quote:
any other races you want to make up? I'll make up a story for them! Just describe them and I'll add them to the list!
Well, Van, If you're looking for suggestions, there are kelpies, wood sprites, naiads sp?, let's see, I'm sure there are more we haven't thought of yet... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2002, 07:07 PM   #16
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

O.o a story about Faeries!!!!! (I can't wait to read it.)
Um Joy? I probably won't get that fic to ya for a while. There's another author of this fic and he hasn't been reading his email lately.
Another Race: Zizzers.
What are they? Half Human, Half Cat. Magical creatures whose source of power lies in a diamond on their foreheads. (Can transform into any creature they choose)
Where are They? Um... somewhere southeast of Gondor. Their race dwells in Zizzandria, a Diamond Shaped Valley. It's called Diamond Valley by the dwarfs and The Everlasting Kindom by the elves.
Old 05-19-2002, 10:55 PM   #17
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Sting

No problem Morai.
BTW, guys, here's what I have now.
Quote:
Chapter 1 – Long Years Ago

As it is written in the Red Book of Westmarch, the Third Age ended with the War of the Ring and the Ring Bearers going over the Sea to rest in the West. With the end of the Third Age, so ended the reign of the Elves in Middle Earth. Yet there were a few who stayed, Elladan and Elrohir Halfelven, sons of Elrond and Celebrian of Rivendell, King Thranduil of Mirkwood, and Lord Celeborn of Lothlórien.

With the end of the Third Age and the destruction of Sauron, the Necromancer, the realm of Mirkwood was restored to its splendor and renamed Eryn Lasgalen, the Wood of Greenleaves. This is where my tale begins.

My name is Ainu Alassë, an Elf from the realm of Lindon, on the River Lhûn. This was once the realm of Oropher, the father of Thranduil. My great-great-great grandmother, Lindoameldawen, Beloved Maiden Singer, was the sister of Thranduil. After the departure of Oropher and Thranduil, she stayed in Lindon for her lover, Thronalarca, Swift Eagle. They were soon married and bore three wonderful children; a son Furinecco, A concealed spear, and two daughters Rínawilwarin, Crowned Butterfly, and Nyamelissenuruwen, Daughter of my Lover’s Death. She was thus named, for in her birth Lindoameldawen died.

After the passing of Lindoameldawen, Thronalarca departed with the children to the realm of the Wood of Grennleaves, where his Father-in-law reigned. The next few years were trying times. This was the beginning of the formation of the Last Alliance. For the next ten years, it is a battle to keep Sauron and his forces from attacking the Wood. Finally, in 3441, Sauron is defeated, but at great cost to Elves and Men. In the heat of the battle, Oropher and two-thirds of his army was lost. But to the gladness of the heart of the Elves of Greenleaves, Thranduil returned to become King. Though he was battle-weary and deeply grieved, he quickly took to him a wife. And thus ended the Second Age.

Many years passed and the children grew strong and healthy. Rínawilwarin and Nyamelissenuruwen married sons of Thranduil’s chief advisor. Yet Furinecco desired to return to his homeland, the realm of Lindon.

Because of the peace between Mirkwood, Rivendell, and Arnor Furinecco’s travels were fairly uneventful. He had a few skirmishes with Orcs, but none too serious. After many days of travel, Furinecco reached the land of Lindon. He was amazed that many of the Elves were gone. He didn’t realize what a toll that the War had taken upon the whole of Middle-Earth. He soon learned that the Lord Gil-galad fell in the same battle, along side his grandfather Oropher. This brought back many memories, which had caused him to flee the Wood of Greenleaves.

Furinecco wandered the land of Lindon from Forolindon in the North to Harlindon in the South. He even journeyed to the East, into the Realm of Arnor and Fornost. Finally, he settled in Mithlond, The Grey Havens, on the mouth of the Gulf of Lhûn. There he took to himself a wife. She was a very fair Elven maiden of the Noldor. There was a light that shone about her. Her hair seemed to be weaved with purest gold. Her eyes were grey, yet so deep and sad. Silmariël’s (Lady of the silver-crown) mother was a nursemaid in the House of the King.

In the course of time, Furinecco’s heart began to heal from all hurts and he and Silmariël bore a son, so they named him Envinyatalis, which means “Sweet Healer.” After the birth of Envinyatalis, Thronalarca came to Mithlond. He watched his grandson grow strong, a warrior at heart. A great day of sadness soon came, for Thronalarca was ready to depart and sail to Valinor. Before he boarded the ship, he laid his hand upon his grandson’s head and blessed him. He spoke destiny upon Envinyatalis. “As you grow strong and fight long, and there will come one from you who shall break evil’s hold. Stay true to the path that has been chosen for you. Namarié!” With that, he boarded the ship to Valinor.

In the course of time, Furinecco’s heart began to heal from all hurts and he and Silmariën bore a son, so they named him Envinyatalis, which means “Sweet Healer.” After the birth of Envinyatalis, Thronalarca came to Mithlond. He watched his grandson grow strong, a warrior at heart. A great day of sadness soon came, for Thronalarca was ready to depart and sail to Valinor. Before he boarded the ship, he laid his hand upon his grandson’s head and blessed him. He spoke destiny upon Envinyatalis. “As you grow strong and fight long, and there will come one from you who shall break evil’s hold. Stay true to the path that has been chosen for you. Namarié!” With that, he boarded the ship to Valinor.

Envinyatalis grew stronger, encouraged by Thronalarca’s words. He knew that there was a time coming when he must leave Mithlond and travel to Rivendell, to join the Lord Elrond in protecting the lands. Yet that time was not now. He had much training in the art of warfare to learn. Many years Envinyatalis stayed in Mithlond, yet there was a growing restlessness within him. At times, he could hear the wind calling, calling him to battle.

In a night vision, Envinyatalis saw one come to him in the likeness of the Elf Lord Gil-galad. In the dream, he placed a weapon of strange craft into his hands. It was not an ordinary sword, in the craft of the Noldor, nor a Dwarvish sword. The blade itself seemed transparent, yet it was sharp as polished iron. The sword appeared to grow lighter in his hands as he wielded it. Then he heard words deep in his heart and they seemed to burn within him. "A special grace has been given to thee. You have been given the Sword of Bright Light (makil a kalina rille), which shall be yours throughout all generations. There is a special destiny that lies within you and your line. Stay true to the path that has been chosen for you." (But in Quenya) From that night on, a fire seemed to be in his eyes, a new strength flowed within him. Envinyatalis was an unconquerable foe.

He began to feel a greater restlessness upon him. He soon left Mithlond and traveled a little ways to Nogrod, the heralded land of Telchar the Dwarf who had forged the great sword Narsil of Elendil and Angrist, the knife of Beren. The land was mostly deserted, except for a few dwarves who stayed, in hopes of making Nogrod great again. There he met a dwarf that was in Telchar’s line. Envinyatalis revealed himself to be the great-grandson of Oropher, who fought alone side of Elendil and Gil-galad.

Rundin Stealthhelm was the lord of the Dwarves that remained in Nogrod. When he heard of Envinyatalis’ linage, he welcomed him. There Envinyatalis remained for some time. He learned the craft of the dwarves in the foundries of Telchar. In his days at the foundries, Envinyatalis oft remembered the words that were spoken to his heart. He still saw the Sword of Bright Light lying upon his hands. He longed to forge this sword.
[ May 22, 2002: Message edited by: Joy ]

Old 05-22-2002, 12:21 AM   #18
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Sting

I wrote this poem a few months ago and I plan on using it some time in our story.

I read it (the poem) tonight in our writers guild meeting, they all thought that this was the best poem that I wrote.

Quote:
Cry for the Dawn of ages Past.
Look with eyes forlorn
against the day that shall be last.
Across the Great Sea shall sail
the ships that Eldars once borne
to Land where Hope will prevail once more.
[ May 22, 2002: Message edited by: Joy ]

Old 05-22-2002, 05:40 PM   #19
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

O.o. I like your story Joy!!!! Now if only if I could get that fool to read his email. (Somehow I think he's grounded from the computer)
Old 05-22-2002, 08:42 PM   #20
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

I enjoyed your story Joy. It is very detailed and well thought-out [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2002, 11:54 PM   #21
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Sting

Thank you Morai and Raefindel.

I am trying to be as accurate as possible to Tolkien and established craft, such as sword making and battle techniques, which I will get into later.

The character "Evinyatalis" will be fighting in the War with the Witch-King of Angmar.

Quote:
Third Age year 1272 - 1975

It was in the beginning of the reign of Malvegil T.A.1272-1349 that evil came to Arnor for at that time the realm of Angmar arose in the North beyond the Ettenmoors where many evil Men and Orcs were gathered. The Lord of that land was the Witch-King ( later it was known he was the chief of the Ringwraits.)

Arnor was divided into three lesser realms Arthedain, Cardolan and Rhudaur, originaly ruled by descendants of Elendil but no heirs of him could be found in Rhudaur and the three realms was in constant strife about the chief Palantiri of the North, the one at Amun-Sul and the son of Malvegil, Argeleb I. ( 1349-1356 ) from Fornost the chief-city in Arthedain claimed the overlordship of all former land of Arnor but Rhudaur rejectet the claim for here had an evil Lord in secret league with Angmar seized pover and Argeleb was slain in battle with Rhudaur and Angmar who attacked the wheather-hills were the tower of Amun-Sul and the Palantiri stood. But Arveleg, ( 1356-1409 ) the son of Argeleb, with aid from Cardolan and Cirdan in Lindon drover back the enemies from the hills and held in many years in force a frontier along the Weather-Hills.

In 1409 a great host came out of Angmar and entered Cardolan and surrounded Amun-Sul and the tower and in the battle was Arveleg slain but the Palantiri was saved and brought back to Fornost in retreat. Rhudaur was occupied by Angmar and Cardolan was ravage and the last King in the line of Isildur died. The surviving Dùnedains there fleed West to the Barrow Downs and the forests. In Fornost was Araphor, the young son of Arveleg, under heavy attack but he was an valiant, brave and capable child, not full grown yet, and with aid from Cirdan he repelled the enemy from Fornost and the North Downs and drove them back to the river Hoarwell and for a time Angmar was subdued bbecause of the Elves from Lindon and a host brought out of Lorien and Rivendell by Elrond.

But evil shoved up in many ways and during the reign of Argeleb II.( 1589-1670 ) the plague came into Eriador from South-East and the lands of Arthedain and especialy Cardolan suffered, the remaining people in Cardolan suffered greatly and most of the people there perished. Angmar took advantage of this and and evil spirits came out of Angmar and took possesion of the Barrow-downs.

In the reign of Araphant 1891-1964 Angmar renew its war on Arthedain. Araphant holds out and he seeks to renew the ancient alliance and kinship with Gondor. His heir Arvedui weds Fìriel, daughter of the King Ondohir in Gondor but Gondor is at war with the Wain-riders and send little help. When Ondohir dies Arvedui claims the crown of Gondor on behalf Fìriel and himself as representing the elder line of Isildur but the claim is rejectet and the crown of Gondor went to Earnil II who promised he would not forget or deny the kinship and send aid when needed but at the time none could be spared. Araphant continued, and after him his son Arvedui with dwindling strength to hold off the Witch-King but in 1973 Arvedui sent his last message to Gondor that Arthedain was in great need of help and that Angmar prepared the last stroke upon it. Then Earnill II send his son Earnur North with a fleet with all he could spare.

In the winter of 1974 the power of Angmar arose again and the Witch-King came down with a great host upon Arthedain, He captured Fornost but some of the remaining Dùnedains escaped to Lindon and Cirdan and among them was the two sons of Arvedui the King. Arvedui held out in the North Downs until the end and, with him he had the Palantiri from Annùminas and Amun-Sul, then he fleed North to the old Dwarf-mines in the far Northern end of Ered Luin, but at last hunger drove him to seek the help of the Snowmen at Forochel, the Lossoths.

In Lindon Cirdan heard of Arvedui from his sons and at once he send a ship to Forochel where they found Arvedui and his men by a fire of driftwood, but they could not get close to land because of the ice. The Lossoths drew in their sliding carts Arvedui and his last men out on the ice as far as they could and in that way a boat from the ship was able to reach them. Arvedui gave to the chief of the Lossoth the Ring of Barahir as a sign of friendship and told him it could be ransomed for help if ever needed but the Palantiri of Annùminas and Amun-Sul he brought with him aboard on the ship. When the ship had nearly reached open sea a great snow-storm arose from the North and drove the ship back into the ice and it piled ice up against it and crushed its hull and the ship foundered and all aboard it perished with it and so ended the North Kingdom in the winter of 1974.

In 1975 the fleet from Gondor reaches Lindon and the Grey Havens and Cirdan summoned all from Lindon and the land of Arnor to come to him and when all was ready they marched North to challenge the Witch-King in Fornost and they came down on him from the hills of Evendim and there was a great battle between Lake Nenuial and the North-Downs where the host of the Which-King was routet utterly. The Witch-King fleed with all he could gather North but the cavalry of Gondor with Earnur and a force from Rivendell under the Elf-lord Glorfindel overtook him and none, not a man or Orc escaped save the Witch-King who suddenly appeared and rode against Earnur to kill him but the horse of Earnur could not endure the hate and the cry of the Witch-King and it bore Earnur away before he could master it, Glorfindel on his white horse rode against the Witch-King but in the midst of his laughter the Witch-King turned to flight and passed into the shadow of the coming night and no-one saw where he went.
Taken from the Annals of Arda, Battles

Old 05-24-2002, 04:27 PM   #22
Merigrin
Pile O'Bones

Merigrin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Wow, thats really good. I started a fanfic a few weeks back, well I say started I've just swamped myself in research. I'm trying to link my story to run along with and intertwine with the destruction of the ring, without changing too much of the orignial to fit my in. I've got charaters and a *new* elven valley (Silmanan) but thats all I'll give you right now! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

"Ai! ai!" wailed Legolas. "A balrog! A balrog is come!" FotR

"Did he say: "Hullo, Pippin! This is a pleasent surprise!"? No, indeed! He said:"Get up, you tom-fool of a Took!" Pippin, TTT.
Merigrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 04:51 PM   #23
QuickSlash
Wight

QuickSlash has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to QuickSlash Send a message via Yahoo to QuickSlash
Sting

Sounds great. I can't wait for all of you to write more. ^_^ I just a tiny part of the history of one of my RP characters, and if anyone could look over it for me, I'd be very grateful. It's very long, and I didn't do any research, so I wanted to see how close I am Tolkein. Email me here to get it. I'll also give you my opinion on your fics if you'd like. BulbaPk@aol.com
Old 05-24-2002, 11:27 PM   #24
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Sting

Thank you Merigrin and QuickSlash.

If either of you need any help, I'd be glad to proof things for you, or offer advice. Good luck in your writings.

Old 05-25-2002, 03:19 PM   #25
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Well, that idiot finally read his email. Unfortunatly his acount is down so now he has a new email. (Argh!!!!!!! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] ) So we're probably going to have to write half the series over again!
For Fanfic Requests Email me at:
jaellynpittock@cs.com, please remeber to head the email with something like:
Fanfic, Zizzer, ect.
Old 05-26-2002, 05:37 PM   #26
gollum*elf*pup
Shade of Carn Dûm

gollum*elf*pup has just left Hobbiton.
i could not write for beans. i tried to write a fanfic, but i gave up and now i'm just illustrating my friend's hp fanfic.
Old 05-26-2002, 07:53 PM   #27
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

I can't write either, gollum-elf-pup. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2002, 08:05 PM   #28
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

I have written some alternative fanfic - but my favorite style is interactive fanfic with a number of authors coordinating talents.
Old 05-26-2002, 10:22 PM   #29
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Sting

That is what I am doing, piosneiel. But my cousins don't know the story line very well of the 2nd and 3rd Age, they have only read the Hobbit and LotR.

I am doing all the preliminary writings, up to the point where we all meet - in the 7th Age.

I am kind of stuck right now. I know where I want a character (Envinyatalis) to head, but to get him there is a difficult process. He is on the way to a battle - the one with the Witch-King - but he is in Khazad-dûm. I want him to get mithril from the mines to forge the sword, yet I want a conflict of some type to take place with the Dwarves.

BTW, does anyone know how far, in leagues or miles, it is from Nogrod to Khazad-dûm? I want to be more descriptive thoughout the story. I don't want it to just be history! I want it to live on the pages and in the minds of the reader.

Old 05-27-2002, 11:57 AM   #30
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

sorry Joy, I can't help ya there. Hopefully I 'll have the first installment to ya within the next week.