The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-03-2005, 01:46 AM   #881
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
S T

A nice start, but I'm afraid I can't guess it with just one letter! Let's have the Ss, please.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 02:38 AM   #882
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
st

Twice as less harvest of s's, but still a-plenty:

Quote:
"---, ----, -- t---st -- ------ st----- --- ---- -- ---st -- ---t- t--- -----, --- ----, -- --t-- ---- ---t ---- -- --- s----t ----t -- ----, --- t---, "-- s-----, "--- s---t -------!"

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 06:14 AM   #883
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
N-y Ns?
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 08-03-2005, 06:46 AM   #884
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

nst

Of course there are n's there too:

Quote:
"N--, ----, -- t---st -- --n--- st--n-- --- ---- -- ---st -n ---t- t--- --n--, --- --n-, -- --t-- ---- ---t ---- -n -n- s----t ---nt -- ----, --- t---, "-- s-----, "n-- s---t -------!"

Old 08-03-2005, 06:57 AM   #885
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Time for a vowel - how about A?
Old 08-03-2005, 07:28 AM   #886
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

asnt

Right you are!

Quote:
"Na-, ----, -- t---st -- --n--- st-an-- --- ---- -- --ast -n -a-t- t-a- -an--, --- --n-, -- -at-- ---- --at ---- -n an- s----t ---nt -- ----, --- t---, "-- s-----, "n-- s---t ----a--!"

Old 08-03-2005, 10:48 AM   #887
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Quote:
"Nay, love, if thirst or hunger strange
for bird or beast on earth that range,
for wine, or water from what well
in any secret fount or dell,
vex thee," he smiled, "now swift declare!
If more than gold or jewel rare,
from greenwood, haply, fallow deer,
or fowl that swims the shallow mere
thou cravest, I will bring it thee,
though I should hunt o'er land and lea.
No gold nor silk nor jewel bright
can match my gladness and delight,
the boy and maiden lily-fair
that here do lie and thou did'st bear."
Aotrou to Itroun

(HI's still in a romantic mood, eh? And the mention of children?? )
Old 08-03-2005, 11:34 PM   #888
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

Right you are again, my lady mention... hm... remains to be seen...

The floor is yours again

Old 08-04-2005, 06:05 AM   #889
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Here's how not to welcome newcomers!
Quote:
---- ----- ------! ------'- - ---- ------, - ----- -- --- -------. ---'- ------ --- -------!
Old 08-04-2005, 09:16 AM   #890
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Tuor of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
"w"s?
Old 08-04-2005, 01:18 PM   #891
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
and O's (if any) please
Old 08-04-2005, 01:58 PM   #892
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

ow

-oo- ----- -o----! ------'- - ---- ----ow, - ----- o- --- -------. ---'- ------ --- -------!
Old 08-04-2005, 02:09 PM   #893
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

I must have some T's , after all...
Old 08-04-2005, 02:19 PM   #894
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

-oo- t---- -o----! T-----'- - ---- ----ow, - t---- o- t-- t------. --t'- t----- t-- -------!
Old 08-04-2005, 03:04 PM   #895
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

How about R ?
Old 08-04-2005, 03:12 PM   #896
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

wort

-oo- t--r- -o---r! T--r-'- - ---- ----ow, - t--r- o- t-- t------. --t'- t-r--- t-- -------!
Old 08-04-2005, 03:30 PM   #897
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Hm, no idea yet! Some S's would perhaps be useful...
Old 08-04-2005, 03:37 PM   #898
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

+s

-oo- t--r- -o---r! T--r-'s - ---- s---ow, - t--r- o- t-- t-----s. --t's t-r-s- t-- -------!
Old 08-04-2005, 03:48 PM   #899
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Look there yonder! There's a lean shadow,
a third of the thieves. Let's thrash the villain!

Totta to Tídwald
Old 08-04-2005, 03:51 PM   #900
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Good job, Guinevere! That one wasn't easy. Your turn...
Old 08-06-2005, 01:26 PM   #901
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"-/ ----/ ----/!" (....) "-/ -------/ -/ -----/ ----/ ----/ ---/ -/ ---/ ------/ -------/ ----/; ---/ -/ ---'-/ ----/. ---'-/ ---/ --/ ----/!"
Old 08-06-2005, 02:13 PM   #902
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

And now, for something completely different... Let's start with a vowel - I, please!
Old 08-06-2005, 03:10 PM   #903
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"-/ ----/ ----/!" (....) "I/ -------/ I/ -i---/ ----/ ----/ ---/ -/ ---/ ------/ ----i--/ ----/; ---/ I/ ---'-/ -i--/. ---'-/ ---/ i-/ ----/!"
Old 08-06-2005, 09:58 PM   #904
Alphaelin
Wight

Alphaelin has just left Hobbiton.
Question

And now back to the consonants: May we see the 'S's, please?
Alphaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 01:47 PM   #905
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Welcome to the game, Alphaelin!

"-/ ----/ ----/!" (....) "I/ -------/ I/ -i---/ --s-/ ----/ ---/ -/ ---/ ------/ ----i--/ --s-/; ---/ I/ ---'-/ -i--/. ---'s/ ---/ i-/ ----/!"

Last edited by Guinevere; 08-07-2005 at 01:48 PM. Reason: a typo
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 03:15 PM   #906
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Let's have the good old Ts, please.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:33 PM   #907
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

T's added

"-/ ----/ ----/!" (....) "I/ t-----t/ I/ -i--t/ --st/ ----/ ---/ -/ ---/ ------/ --tti--/ --s-/; --t/ I/ ---'t/ -i--/. --t's/ --t/ it/ ----/!"
Old 08-08-2005, 10:31 PM   #908
Alphaelin
Wight

Question

Hmm, perhaps another vowel would come in handy. Any 'E's?
Alphaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:23 AM   #909
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Rs too, please, while you're at it.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:44 AM   #910
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

and A's too, please

Old 08-09-2005, 01:20 PM   #911
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

ISTERA

"-/ -er-/ -e--/!" (....) "I/ t-----t/ I/ -i--t/ --st/ -a-e/ -a-/ a/ -a-/ -e--re/ -etti--/ --s-/; --t/ I/ ---'t/ -i--/. -et's/ -et/ it/ --er/!"
Old 08-09-2005, 01:40 PM   #912
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Tuor of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
"o"s?
Old 08-09-2005, 02:20 PM   #913
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

ISTERAO

"O/ -er-/ -e--/!" (....) "I/ t-o---t/ I/ -i--t/ --st/ -a-e/ -a-/ a/ -a-/ -e-ore/ -etti--/ --s-/; --t/ I/ -o-'t/ -i--/. -et's/ -et/ it/ o-er/!"
Old 08-12-2005, 04:18 PM   #914
Alphaelin
Wight

Palantir-Green

Oh dear, I feel quite stupid...but could we see the 'M's? Pretty please?
Old 08-13-2005, 03:55 AM   #915
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

ISTERAO M

"O/ -er-/ -e--/!" (....) "I/ t-o---t/ I/ mi--t/ --st/ -a-e/ -a-/ a/ -a-/ -e-ore/ -etti--/ --s-/; --t/ I/ -o-'t/ mi--/. -et's/ -et/ it/ o-er/!"
Old 08-20-2005, 02:30 AM   #916
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Quote:
'O very well!' said Artaxerxes. 'I thought I might just have had a nap before getting busy; but I don't mind. Let's get it over!' (spoken to Roverandom)
That very nicely echoes my sentiments upon arriving back home again!
Old 08-20-2005, 01:03 PM   #917
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thumbs up applicability

correct, of course, Esty!
Old 08-20-2005, 02:04 PM   #918
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Here's a quote for those late night posters:
Quote:
--- -------- ---- -- --- ---, - -----, -- --- ------- -- --- -----, ----- --- ---- ---------.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:26 PM   #919
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Can I have the A's please?
Old 08-24-2005, 10:05 AM   #920
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

arcticstorm has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arcticstorm Send a message via MSN to arcticstorm Send a message via Yahoo to arcticstorm
L please
arcticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote