The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2003, 04:39 PM   #241
Beren87
Master of the Secret Fire

Beren87 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beren87 Send a message via Yahoo to Beren87
Sting

Wonderful to see some HH2G fans!

Erm...Why do you admire ROM exactly? I hated that series...

Edit: I disliked that series then [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ January 25, 2003: Message edited by: Beren87 ]
Beren87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 06:46 PM   #242
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Beren87

ROM did what had to be done despite the odds, plus I have a distict weakness for lonely and tragic fictional characters & all around good guys. No longer have my comics, though. sigh.

Why did you not like the noble space knight? Hate is such a strong word.

Greetings Jesse!

[ January 25, 2003: Message edited by: Hilde Bracegirdle ]
Hilde Bracegirdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 06:53 PM   #243
Beren87

Sting

Specifically the lack of realism (in my opinion) by the fact that he was an all-around good guy.

I'm sure I have some ROM comics buried around somewhere, in the 7 or 8 trunks of comics I have.
Old 01-25-2003, 07:00 PM   #244
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

Now why would you have ROM in a trunk somewhere if you hated him. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Or that is percisely why he's in the trunk!
Can he be ransomed?

Have a good evening!

[ January 25, 2003: Message edited by: Hilde Bracegirdle ]
Old 01-26-2003, 06:52 PM   #245
Marigold Hedgeworth
Pile O'Bones

Marigold Hedgeworth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Now that I've gone through all seven pages, I guess it's time to contribute.

Name (that you go by): Marigold, Mari, OjosVerdes, or just plain Rach
Age: I really like the 'opinions over age' aspect of this board, so I'll just leave this blank..
Occupation: Wouldn't that defeat the..ermm..agelessness? Let's just say...freelance student [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img].
Future Aspirations: Go to Oxford, marry, have children, get published...but not necessarily in that order.
Goal in life: To glorify God in everything I do.
Short term goals: Catch up on sleep, overcome my case of 'Writer's Procrastination', and
Passion: God, friends, writing, future husband.(Might not know who he is, but hey...) And that last one was in a different sense than the first three, just to stop the comments before they start [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img].
Hobbies: Anything Tolkien or Austen related, writing, reading, apologetics, 'deep' discussions.
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Being the quiet, opinionated one. (Yes, I'm a walking oxymoron, and proud of it! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])
Fave book: The Bible. Last one I think of, it goes first on the list. Anything Tolkien, most anything Austen('Specially Emma), the Jeeves Omnibus by Wodehouse, The Princess Bride, Tintin, and Calvin and Hobbes.
Fave movie: Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Princess Bride.
Fave sport: Does foosball count? I'm the foosball queen [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img].
Fave store: Any musty, dusty little bookshop with no cataloguing system whatsoever.
Fave music: Classical, Michael W. Smith, Michael Card, Rich Mullins(the best songwriter ever, bar none.)
What you can't stand: Mashed potatoes, horoscopes, ticks and centipedes.
What you plain dislike: Snow in my shoes.
Who you admire: God, my parents, for raising me right and instilling that first admiration in me, Rich Mullins and Michael Card for their awesome talent as songwriter, and many others that I can't think of at the moment.
What you most love to do: Read, write, spend time with family and friends, and have little random conversations with God.
Your self-confessed flaws: I have a perfectionist tendency and a lazy side that keeps me from working toward that perfectionist tendency, so it takes a supreme effort to get anything big done.
What intrigues/fascinates you: Just about everything, if I think about it long enough. I'm particularly fascinated by such questions as: Were Adam and Eve hairless? After all, nothing died before the Fall, and hair is made up of dead cells...just something to think about [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img].
Quotation(s) to live by: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."(Sure it's cliched -- the best things are, merely because they're the best.) I don't remember the reference...oh, well.

"If you don't daydream and kind of plan things out in your imagination, you never get there. So you have to start someplace."
-Robert Duvall

Additional comments: This was a good thread. I've been at the computer for almost three hours now, so I'm just going to stop typing...

...Edited for spelling...

[ January 26, 2003: Message edited by: Marigold Hedgeworth ]

--G.K. Chesterton
Marigold Hedgeworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 11:21 AM   #246
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

Greetings Marigold!

Yes, Michael card is good. So is John Michael Talbot.

Quite agree about horoscopes as well.

Got a question though. If Adam and Eve didn't have hair for the above mentioned reasons, doesn't it follow that the animals would also be furless? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2003, 02:14 PM   #247
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Name (that you go by): Charlotte, Manardariel, Side Kick Elf, Miss Maudie
Occupation: freshman in high school, writer, babysitter, dreamer
Future Aspirations: writer, director, laywer, actress
Goal in life: WIN AN OSCAR, be happy
Short term goals: turn To Kill a Mockingbird into a movie with all my friends this summer, EDIT: finally be able to use eyeliner without mking it looked horrible, learn quenya, FINALLY become a ghost prince of cardolan
Passion: chocolate, Middle-Earth, movies
Hobbies: writing, reading, scetching, dreaming, ACTING
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): laughing, talking, being very honest about certain things, being mean, swooning about viggooooooooo and saying mean stuff about Orlando/Elijah

Fave book:LotR (no, duh), Princess Diaries, Bridget Jones, To Kill a Mockingbird
Fave movie:LotR, Moulin Rouge!, Shrek
Fave sport: ice skating, hockey
Fave store: Virgin Megastore, Gap
Fave music: Rock, Black Music (ergo Avril, Creed, P!nk, Eminem, Destiny´s Child, Ashanti, Nelly etc)

What you can't stand: racsism, intolerance, WAR, stupid popular *girls* (hmm...I can´t say the b-word) who think they´re so cool cause they can be mean to ppl
What you plain dislike:brocoli, homework, sweet popcorn
Who you admire: Josephine Bonaparte, Audrey Hepburn, JK Rowling, Hildegard Knef
What you most love to do: read, dream, babysit, spend time with my friends
Your self-confessed flaws: talks to much, WAY unorganized, too direct, too self-confident
What intrigues/fascinates you: Middle-Earth, other
What scares you: having to grow up
Quotation to live by:
"You never understand a man, untill you put on his shoes and walk around in them"
"The greatest thing you´ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."

[ February 26, 2003: Message edited by: Manardariel ]
Old 02-25-2003, 03:20 PM   #248
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

eleanor_niphredil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name (that you go by): Elf girl (dont ask!).

Future Aspirations: To take over the world! No, actualy, I will settle for a small country!

Goals in life: To life live to it's fullest and not just settle for comfortable like some people do.

Short term goals: Pass my SAT's with flying colours, get to the next grade on my Keyboard, learn to play an Electric guitar, speak elvish, reach ultimate peace of mind.
Oh, and go bungee jumping and Skydiving ect. Anything risky.

Passion: celtic stuff and strawberries.

Hobbies: reading, writing, doing really weird doodles, drawing eg-ogs, martial arts, surfing the net.

Famous for: doing the exact opposite of what people expect, and the way I argue.I always win! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Fave book: Where to start! Hichhikers Guide to the Galaxy, The Wheel of Surya series, The Named, Old Magic, Dracula, Dr Jekal and Mr Hyde, Truth or Dare, Soul Taker, Witch Child, the Wicca series, Indian in the Cupboard, calvin and hobbes, Roll of Thunder, hear my Cry, Robert westall books, Enid Blyton books, Sophies World, the Runaways, from E to You, A Little Princess, Secret garden, Treasure Island, Night Flying, tall, Thin and Blonde. Thats enough for now.

Fave Sport: martial Arts, Netball and badminton.

Fave music: Linkin Park! My soundtracks, War of the Worlds, Bond, Aiden Townend Band and Madness!

Fave Films: knights Tale, Star Wars, Highlander(just the first one).

What you can't stand: Shallow people, onions and washing up (I really cannot bring myself to do it). Jk Rowling.

What you plain dislike: Being confused (most of the time!) and loosing control.

Who you admire: Not sure, really. Usualy characters from books. Elijah Wood, actualy, though I don't know why. My parents, especialy my dad. I admire Orlando Bloom for living on the edge.

What you most love to do: Travelling around England with my dad, especialy to Scotland.

Self-confessed Flaws: Tend to be slightly know-allish. Bite my nails. Pick my nose(just kidding!).

What intrigues/fasinates me: beauty and grace. The paranormal.

What scares you: apart from washing up? Being helpless I guess.

Quotation to live by: I prefere to live by my own principles, rather than by other peoples. And that is not a quote, by the way.

[ February 25, 2003: Message edited by: eleanor_niphredil ]

[ February 25, 2003: Message edited by: eleanor_niphredil ]
Old 02-26-2003, 12:59 PM   #249
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Oh wow, all the 14 and 13 year olds like the same music...go Linkin Park and Eminem!

Quote:
saying mean stuff about Elijah
Oh dear god no! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh jeez, I sound like a one of those teens I really despise...Oh man...
Old 02-26-2003, 04:18 PM   #250
Beren87

Sting

Quote:
Oh wow, all the 14 and 13 year olds like the same music...go Linkin Park and Eminem!
Here's to hoping they grow out of that [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2003, 02:01 AM   #251
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Nooooooooooo! I will never grow out of Linkin Park, NEVER! At least they dont swear needlessly.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:12 AM   #252
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Oh dear god, no!
Oh dear god, YES!! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
And what do you mean THEY´LL grwo out of this... you´re not much older, Beren, are you? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2003, 04:53 PM   #253
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well it may have took me a great deal of time but I have just read through the last several pages of text before adding my own. I don't think its likely I will be able to post without copying someone somewhere so sorry if it happens but, bah- what are you going to do?

Name (that you go by): Oh good, an easy one to start, my name is Matt. Also known as, surprise surprise, Matthew.

Occupation: Full time student and holy Mother of God is it boring.

Future Aspirations: I have absolutely no idea. Seriously, my mind is just blank. I think my life is just made up of doing short term things over and over till I die. But I don't mind that, keeps me on my toes.

Goal in life: Invent a cure for cancer/AIDS, be a singer in a massive rock group, score the winning goal in the FA Cup Final, you know, the usual.

Short term goals: Passing my A Levels with an A in history and B's in English Lit. and Business Studies thus securing my passage into Sheffield University.

Passion: My girlfriend Charlee, she is my soulmate and 99% of my passion is towards her. The remaing 1% is split up into too many things to mention.

Hobbies: Football- thats 'soccer' to you Americans, not that game of rugby where the guys wear pillows under their shirts that you seem to think is football.

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Me? Famous? Nothing much, I am quite good at reciting lines and jokes from things such as The Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy and The Mr Hell Show although I don't really think that would go down well on a CV. Hmm, my great-grandfather played for the England football team a few times as well as Manchester United. Hmm, thats not really me though, I guess I am famous for wearing baggy combats with loads of tassels and listening to my music very loud and I don't really expect to be knighted for it.

Fave book: Apart from the Tolkien books I have enjoyed Lord of the Flies by Golding, To Kill a Mockingbird, a range of Terry Pratchett as well as a few old plays including Dr. Faustus by Marlowe.

Fave movie: My favourite film of all time would have to be Aliens, I just love it so much, Bill Paxton is the coolest guy who ever lived. I love movies so much! Some of my most loved are: Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, The Shawshank Redemption, The Usual Suspects, Austin Powers, Pulp Fiction, Resivior Dogs, Predator, Terminator Two, Singing in the Rain and of course LotR: FotR and TTT.

Fave sport: Football- the one you play with your feet- pay attention America!

Fave store: A little place downtown- The Forum, baggy clothes, good coffee better music and the best rock-metal-punk-ska-hip-hop nightclub in the region right next door. Try beating £1 a bottle and 50p a shot with great bands playing! Go on, try it... nevermind [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Fave music: Okay lets see here, should be quite substantial. Incubus, Limp Bizkit (bad but still good), Audioslave, Rage Against The Machine, Lit, System of a Down, Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, Hundred Reasons, Korn, The Hives, Nirvana, Green Day, NOFX, Less Than Jake, Nonpoint, Radiohead, POD, Spineshank, New Found Glory, Weezer, Red Hot Chilli Peppers- you get the general idea right?

What you can't stand: Comercialsed rap, man that justs get to me- die Ja Rule die!

What you plain dislike: Ignorant people, I feel a mixture of anger at them, angry that they are ignorant and angry that they have not been given a good education.

Who you admire: Right now, that OAP who was arrested in South Afica by the FBI who had him confused with one of the world's most dangerous men. He was basically tortured for two weeks before being realsed by the Feds. The guy looks nothing like the one he was mistaken for and I hope he sues the asses off the Bureau.

What you most love to do: Spend time with my girlfriend.

Your self-confessed flaws: Because I am tall I am really clumsly sometimes which is a pain!

What intrigues/fascinates you: Other cultures, and how they don't know anything about your own. For example when I went to America I basically knew what American life was like for the majority due to American films and TV. I found out that Americans have basically got no clue about the rest of the world- no offence intended but I discovered a startling statistic- only 1 in 10 Americans own a passport [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

What scares you: Clowns and old people.

Quotation to live by: Eat and be merry for tomorrow we diet.

To find out more click on this- Look I can type really fast apsfjosdopfjsdognsufoasjfadnvpsdgnpsdngapsbfpasfnh Seriously its a link to my page.

[ March 05, 2003: Message edited by: Mattius ]
Old 03-05-2003, 07:34 PM   #254
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

Mattius- You and I have a lot of things in common! First of all we both like LotR (duh), and I LOVE!!!! System of a Down (especially Steal This Album) and most of the bands you mentioned, as well as the fact that I despise all rap. I am one in ten Americans... I own and have used a passport. I travelled the entire British Isles two summers ago! And clowns scare the fool out of me.
Our class has just finished To Kill A Mockingbird; it is a good book! A classic.

Violin kicks butt,
Ithaeliel
Ithaeliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 05:33 AM   #255
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

System of a Down are great, I saw them last year in Manchester- very cool! Mockingbird, we had to do that at GCSE when I was 15 and I hated it but now I appriciate it more and consider it to be a classic book.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:23 AM   #256
Donlammenion
Animated Skeleton

Donlammenion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name (that you go by) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]onlammenion
Future Aspirations:to become a police officer
Goal in life:live long and prosper
Short term goals:complete my ND in sports science
Passion:my family and friends
Hobbies:reading, training, playing Rugby, walking in the woods
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): not a great deal

Fave book:lotr(obviously), the elenium series,tamuli series and belgarriad series
Fave movie:fellowship of the ring
Fave sport:RUGBY
Fave store : Debenhams
Fave music : Dance/Trance chill out

What you can't stand:thieves
What you plain dislike:dishonesty
Who you admire:all of my closest friends and family for different things
What you most love to do: Lying on the grass staring at the stars with a glass of good south african port.
Your self-confessed flaws:self assuredness ablity to be right at all times
What intrigues/fascinates you: life
What scares you:the dark
Quotation to live by:why not you wont remmember tomorrow any way!!

Additional comments:if tomorrow was today id still be asleep.

[ March 07, 2003: Message edited by: Donlammenion ]
Donlammenion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 09:11 AM   #257
Inderjit Sanghera
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Inderjit Sanghera has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name (that you go by): Inderjit Sanghera
Future Aspirations: Not sure, something in politics maybe.
Goal in life: To live it to the fullest.
Short term goals:
Passion: Kristin Kreuk...oh, hmm...Football (Soccer), Politics, Tolkien, movies.
Hobbies:
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Beating up a teacher. Not sure if this is soemthing to be proud of.

Fave book: LoTR, The Silmarillion, The Hobbit, 1984, Animal Farm, Anita and Me, HoME 10, 11, 12, IT, The Godfather.
Fave movie: FoTR, the Godfather part 1-2, Fight Club, Goodfellas, The Matrix, Pulp Fiction, Resevoir Dogs, American history X, There soemthing about mary, The Shining, American Pie 1 and 2, Scary Movie.
Fave sport: Football.
Fave store: Burton, HMV, FCUK.
Fave music: Hip-hop (2PAc, 50 cents, Big Pun, Nas), R'n'B (Jagged Edge ,112, Blackstreet), Red Hot Chill Peppers, Micheal Jackson.
I'd just like to add fave. T.V programs: Angel, The simpsons, Family guy, Futurama, They think it is all over.

What you can't stand: Excessive patriotism, racism, sexism.
What you plain dislike:
Who you admire: Martin Luther King, Al Pacino, Robert de Nero, god, Bismarck, Karl Marx, David Beckham.
What you most love to do:A football (soccer) player.
Your self-confessed flaws: Can be stupid and silly. Too many others too lisy!
What intrigues/fascinates you: the Mafia, Politics, Feminsim, Socialism, the supernatural.
What scares you: Dicataorships, censorship, the supernatural.
Quotation to live by:

[ March 07, 2003: Message edited by: Inderjit Sanghera ]

"Life is so beautiful"->Don Vito Corleone
Inderjit Sanghera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 12:58 PM   #258
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Beating up a teacher
scary!
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Lyra Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 05:40 PM   #259
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Ok, here I go updating again because I just always seem to change my mind about myself.

Name (that you go by): Erin, which is Nire backwords, but you can call me Brinniel or just plain Brinn
Age: Too young (I'll be 15 in less than 4 months). Haha, I finally told.
Future Aspirations: to become a successful screenwriter
Goal in life: to be happy....though an Academy Award would be nice...
Short term goals: to do well in my dance competitions and not screw up my next orchestra test
Passion: dance, violin, writing, drawing
Hobbies: look above
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Can't say that I'm famous for anything. I am very shy and invisible to those around me. During my math class one day, I actually had someone ask me if I was new to the school. I've been going there for 3 years! But to my friends, I am known for obsessing over LOTR (Why shouldn't I? )

Fave book: LOTR, The Silmarillion (I'm still reading it though), The Shannara Series, The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle, Speak
Fave movie: FOTR, Moulin Rouge, Rat Race, Monsters Inc, Chicago, My Big Fat Greek Wedding (considering that I’m part Greek), Urban Legend, MI2
Fave sport: Dance, of course!
Fave store: Barnes and Noble, Circuit City (for cds), Blockbuster (I'm a movie freak)
Fave music: Blink 182, Eminem, Avril Lavigne, TLC, Monica, Kelly Clarkson, Sheila Chandra, Enya, Green Day, Norah Jones, Nelly Furtado, several different soundtracks, and a variety of techno music

What you can't stand: my history teacher (groan), visual gore (I don't mind reading and hearing about it), slackers in school, people who drool over Legolas, the fact that Wal-mart lives in my neighborhood
What you plain dislike: people who put smoking and drinking ahead of other things in life, anyone who does drugs (illegal ones), blonde ditzy cheerleaders who have no brains (we have plenty of those at my school)
Who you admire: Nando Parrado. He is one of the 16 survivors who crashed in the Andes Mountains in 1972 and lived there for 70 days. In the crash, he lost his mother, sister, and best friend, and almost died himself. But he recovered and become one of the strongest of the survivors who actually helped save his friends. I admire Nando because before the crash he was a young, shy boy, and came out of the Andes as a strong, courageous man who took the role as the leader of the group.
What you most love to do: dance, write, draw, spend time at the Barrow Downs
Your self-confessed flaws: I'm obessive and am a terrible procrastinator.
What intrigues/fascinates you: darkness, night, mysterious things, morbid subjects (is that too weird?)
What scares you: spiders, things that pop out of nowhere
Quotation to live by: Whatever's on my monthly sig.

Additional comments: I unfortunately, am one of the 9 who do not have a passport. I dream of living in England and traveling the world, but right now my family is a little lacking in money. I am truly sorry if I do not know enough about everyone’s culture as it is rather isolated here in Idaho (where there is absolutely no culture), but I do like to study exotic cultures.

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-06-2007 at 04:22 PM.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 05:54 PM   #260
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

Hey Brinn I didn't mean any offence by the 1 in 10 thing about passport owning Americans! All was saying was that I was surprised with the stat as here in the UK I can't think of anyone who doesn't have one but then again flights out of the USA to another continent are way more expensive than flights throughout Europe. I saw a ticket offer in the paper yesterday to fly from Manchester to Paris for £2!

[ March 07, 2003: Message edited by: Mattius ]
Old 03-08-2003, 04:06 PM   #261
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

you dream of living in England? not manchester, i hope, though manchester is by no means a good example of England. I dream of living in Cornwall, Devon or Scotland.
Old 03-08-2003, 07:03 PM   #262
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

*Falls over backwards* 2£?! That's like $3.00 here! I could never find a flight that cheap to Utah (which, by the way, is much closer to where I am than Manchester is to Paris)! That is amazing.

Brinniel- WHAT ORCHESTRA TEST?! Is it over that... ugh... Serenade for Strings?

Nire backwards... haha! I remember... my name is Enirehtac, or Tac for short.

[ March 08, 2003: Message edited by: Ithaeliel ]
Ithaeliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 09:43 PM   #263
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Sting

Quote:
what you plain dislike: heavy smokers
Well, I only smoke heavily on special occasions, so...

Quote:
and drinkers,
*hides*

Quote:
teens (or anyone) who do drugs,
What kind of drugs are we talking about here? All drugs (coffee included?), or a few select varities?

Quote:
cheerleaders
Oh no! I was a cheerleader for an entire year once! *hides deeper*

Quote:
unfortunately, am one of the 9 who do not have a passport. I dream of living in England and traveling the world, but right now my family is a little lacking in money. I am truly sorry if I do not know enough about everyone’s culture as it is rather isolated here in Idaho (where there is absolutely no culture), but I do like to study exotic cultures.
Don't feel bad about not having experienced the world yet; the world is mostly crap anyway...No, seriously, the Barrow-Downs community is definitely more diversified than most, and I think you should enjoy the interactions with all of us foreigners and/or globe-trotters, without having to feel bad about yourself. You are so young, of course you're going to get out and travel, just because the time hasn't come doesn't mean as if you should feel that your life is somehow less interesting, or something.
Old 03-08-2003, 10:20 PM   #264
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Name (that you go by): mark12_30/ Helen/ Daffodil Furrow
Future Aspirations: to write more
Goal in life: to serve Jesus
Short term goals: Finish Bolco's story
Passion: Hobbit stories
Hobbies: Writing hobbit stories
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): my voice and guitar-playing
Fave book: Are you SERIOUS??? (Am I at the right site?)
Fave movie: See Above
Fave sport: Archery, swimming
Fave store: Borders, Barnes & Noble, and Waldenbooks
Fave music: Kemper Crabb's The Vigil; anything monastically mystical
What you can't stand: blasphemy, cruelty, unfairness, obscenity, and gross vulgarity
What you plain dislike: unclean air
Who you admire: The Trinity; and.... uh... Tolkien. Frodo, Aragorn, Faramir; Eowyn; Eomer; SAM; and Merry; and, well, you get the idea.
What you most love to do: Write hobbit stories... didn't I say that already?
Your self-confessed flaws: obsession, procrastination
What intrigues/fascinates you: the concientious, heroic mind striving to find the right course
What scares you: my own weaknesses
Quotation to live by: God is bigger than I think He is
Old 03-08-2003, 10:28 PM   #265
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Quote:
Brinniel- WHAT ORCHESTRA TEST?! Is it over that... ugh... Serenade for Strings?
Our teacher hasn't set a date for the next test yet, I just have feeling that we will have another one soon. Wait- take that back. I actually think we have another seating test next week.
Quote:
Hey Brinn I didn't mean any offence by the 1 in 10 thing about passport owning Americans!
Don't worry, I know you didn't. You just gave me an excuse to complain, that's all.

Hmm. Perhaps I should've been more specific on my dislikes. I was a little too general, wasn't I? Sorry about that.

What you plain dislike: people who put smoking and drinking ahead of other things in life, anyone who does drugs (illegal ones), blonde ditzy cheerleaders who have no brains (we have plenty of those at my school)

Ah, that's much better.

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-06-2007 at 04:27 PM.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 10:50 PM   #266
Lush
Fair and Cold

Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Sting

Quote:
Who you admire: The Trinity; and.... uh... Tolkien. Frodo, Aragorn, Faramir; Eowyn; Eomer; SAM; and Merry; and, well, you get the idea.
Why Helen, I am sure that you left me off the list by mere accident, and forgive you, this time. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
anyone who does drugs (illegal ones),
It's not my fault marijuana is illegal! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I signed five petition to Ashcroft in the last month alone! Nah, seriously, babe, I am not criticising you in the least, you have every right to like or dislike whatever it is you wish, I am just being cheeky.
Old 03-08-2003, 11:23 PM   #267
Faenaduial
Wight

Faenaduial has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

This is a great thread. Great way to get to know everyone a little better. Here goes:

Name I Go By: Teri
Age: Old enough to do as I please (there are some advantages to getting older).
Future Aspirations: Write and illustrate a childrens book.
Goals In Life: Always be open to learning new things and always do what I can to help others.
Short Term Goals: Make it through the snowboarding season without breaking anything.
Passion: Dancing, reading, writing, and cooking (vegetarian only) and anything having to do with the water.
Hobbies: Sewing, crafting, jewelry making, drawing.
Famous For: Famous among my friends for trying almost anything once (must be slightly nuts).
Fave Book: LOTR, The Far Pavillions, Cry to Heaven
Fave Movie: FotR, TTT, Monty Python & The Holy Grail (truly I love almost all movies).
Fave Sport: To Do: Horseback riding, hiking, mountain climbing, swimming, snowboarding. To Watch: soccer, baseball.
Fave Store: Port-in-a-Storm Bookstore, Island Artisans and Our New England.
Fave Music: Almost anything including opera. Current favorite bands-Dave Matthews Band & Coldplay. Favorite opera--The Magic Flute.
Can't Stand: Ill treatment of animals.
Plain Dislike: Mean spirited people.
Who You Admire: People who volunteer to help others without seeking recognition.
Most Love to Do: Going out with family and friends.
Self-confessed Flaws: Impatience!
What Intrigues/Fascinates: New things I haven't gotten to try.
Scares Me: Not much.
Favorite Quote: I have several:

No act of kindnes, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

One should try everything once, except incest and folk-dancing. Arnold Box

My candle burns at both ends, it will not last the night; but, ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--it gives a lovely light! Edna St. Vicent Millay [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2003, 01:49 PM   #268
Adastrea
Animated Skeleton

Adastrea has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name (that you go by): Adastrea
Future Aspirations: Write a book
Goal in life: huuum, life times supply to ben&jerrys Ice cream?
Short term goals: Travel. Get my portfolio down to my jewelry making uncle!
Passion: Quenya, Sindarin and Jewelry making
Hobbies: Jewelry making, drawing, writing, horse riding, self defence.(Quenya and Sindarin!)
Famous for: getting lost in the corridors at work!(and then falling down the stairs!) My art.
Fave book: at the moment the Lays of Beleriand. A song of Ice and fire by JRR Martin
Fave movie: The Two Towers
Fave sport: Rugby(watch) and Badminton(Play)
Fave store: Waterstones and next.
Fave music: Anything goes
What you can't stand: Rude people.
What you plain dislike: Rude people and macaroni
Who you admire: My friends, my parents, Tolkien and quite a few celebs!
What you most love to do: Go to Japan
Your self-confessed flaws: Take things too seriously.
What intrigues/fascinates you: Tolkien and butterflies
What scares you: Really scary mind twisting horror movies!
Quotation to live by: my signature below & life is like a box of chocolates!
Additional info: Complete nutcase LOTR fan/collector.

[ March 09, 2003: Message edited by: Adastrea ]

[ March 09, 2003: Message edited by: Adastrea ]
Old 03-09-2003, 04:01 PM   #269
Lush
Fair and Cold

Sting

Quote:
My candle burns at both ends, it will not last the night; but, ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--it gives a lovely light! Edna St. Vicent Millay
Great quote, by a great poet (I used to have this in my sig at one point). You rule.
Old 03-10-2003, 12:18 PM   #270
Faenaduial
Wight

Faenaduial has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Thanks Lush. I didn't think to use it as my sig. Maybe I will at a later date. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2003, 01:47 PM   #271
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hirilaelin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name (that you go by): Hannah
Future Aspirations: Famous pianist, dancer, and novelist. Hopefully. Go to a good colladge for the arts and writing.
Goal in life: Wow... World peace, write a good novel.
Short term goals: Do well in my dance performance and piano recital, and be on the staff of Perfect World. (Section written by teens in my local newspaper.)
Passion: Reading, writing, dancing, piano.
Hobbies: Reading, writing, dancing, piano, swimming, daydreaming, knitting.
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): I took the SAT in seventh grade, and again this year, (8th grade) and got a 1210 combined score this year! Yay! Also, our team for First Lego League (robotics with Legos) took third in state, and won the Robust Design award in our rookie year, and I was team captain. Nothing else really, except a 47 second breaststroke 50 yard time.

Fave book: LotR; Enchantress from the Stars; Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging series.
Fave movie: LotR.
Fave sport: Swimming.
Fave store: Barns and Noble.
Fave music: Avril Lagvine, classical.

What you can't stand: Teenyboppers, people who talk to much or are overly negative.
What you plain dislike: Being popular.
Who you admire: Their are so many people I admire, mostly authors and musicians.
What you most love to do: Dance, play piano, read.
Your self-confessed flaws: Bad temper, can be rather aloof, go off into my own world a lot, can be a smart aleck, and procrastinate.
What intrigues/fascinates you: Paradoxes, good books.
What scares you: Spiders! AGH!!!!!
Quotation to live by: "Boredom is just inspiration waiting to happen."
Hirilaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 02:17 PM   #272
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Quote:
Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging series.
LOL! Very classy books.

Quote:
What you plain dislike
hmmm...say what?
Old 03-15-2003, 08:38 PM   #273
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Quote:
Very classy books!
Indeed! Cup of tea my dear? Crumpet? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
Say what?
Not that I haven't met some pretty cool popular people, I'm just not a "people" person. I prefer just a close close circle of friends. But I'm not a snob! I do like you all! Really! Don't hate me! *hides*
Old 03-15-2003, 10:15 PM   #274
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It seems an awful lot of us put "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" as one of our favorite films. It is one of the best. I am glad there is a lot of other people who enjoy it as much as yours truely. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2003, 03:25 AM   #275
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Sting

Name (that you go by):Kathryn, Kat, Azzy, and Arien.

Future Aspirations: To be a Designer.

Goal in life:

Short term goals: To be a black belt in Choi Kwang Do, to be able to dance on Pointe
shoes perfectly.

Passion: Dancing, Drama, Song, Literature, Art

Hobbies: Ballet, Tap, Modern, Drama, Singing, Piano, Choi Kwang Do.

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): My long hair, my like of Tolkien, being Vegetarian, my like of Tinkerbell, my mum being from Trinidad and being quiet.

Fave book: LOTR, and To Kill a Mockingbird

Fave movie: LOTR

Fave sport: Dance

Fave store: French Connection, and that bookshop in Stevenage that I cant remember the name of.

Fave music: Michael Jackson, Mariah Carey (She can sing, no doubt about it!), Aaliyah, Justin Timberlake, Norah Jones, Queen, Ja Rule, Avril Lavinge, Sugababes, Destiny’s Child, Tracy Chapman.

What you can't stand: Meat

What you plain dislike: Lianne (She is supposed to be my best friend and forgot my birthday, and she owes me money. And lots of other things.)

Who you admire: Vicki.

What you most love to do: Dance and read.

Your self-confessed flaws: Too quiet.

What intrigues/fascinates you: Tolkien.

What scares you: The Exorcist.

Quotation to live by: “Woo Hoo”

Additional comments: Macbeth is great, read it! Faith, trust and Pixie dust!!!!
Old 03-16-2003, 05:53 AM   #276
Ransom
Wight

Ransom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Ransom
Sting

Name (that you go by): Ivan
Future Aspirations: Go to college, get married, get a good job, and the kitchen sink. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Goal in life:Become a doctor.
Short term goals:Live through this year of high school.
Passion:Music, books, infectious diseases.
Hobbies:Tennis, books, RPing, Posting in other forums.
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Madness, pessimism, orginization, and quirkiness.

Fave book: LOTR by Tolkein or Thorn, Sorrow, Memory Trilogy by Tad Williams
Fave movie:Undecided
Fave sport:Tennis
Fave store:Comp USA
Fave music:Christian rock, punk, a little rap, dark rock(Gothic) EVANESCENCE ROCKS!

What you can't stand:sleepiness, irrationality, people who teach tollerance and refuse to tollerate dissention.
What you plain dislike:Bad food.
Who you admire:Christ
What you most love to do:Slack.
Your self-confessed flaws:Easily distracted, not focused, daydreaming
What intrigues/fascinates you:Infectious diseases, poisons, etc.
What scares you: Solitude, lonliness, Bugs Bunny, uncertainty
Quotation to live by:
my God my tourniquet
return to me salvation
my God my tourniquet
return to me salvation

my wounds cry for the grave
my soul cries for deliverance
will i be denied Christ
tourniquet
my suicide

-Tourniquet by Evanescence
(BTW, this changes every week. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img])

Additional comments:
Yes, I love Evanescence. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Their CD still sounds great after listening for over ten hours nonstop yesterday. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ March 16, 2003: Message edited by: Ransom ]

[ March 16, 2003: Message edited by: Ransom ]
Old 03-16-2003, 11:23 AM   #277
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Let me clear something up. I do not dislike being popular, because I like having people like me, but I do dislike people who are not themselves, or be someone else to be popular.

See, there is this girl in my class who is absultely the most popular. Everyone thinks that she is cool, everyone likes her. Except me. She acts fake, and that turns me off. So, I don't dislike popularity or people who are popular, but people who are fake. There.

Oh, and I don't think I'm the typical thirteen year old music wise. I like Beethoven and Schubert and Handel and Brhams and Chopin and Bach and you name it! I grew up in a classical music household. Though, I do like several older rock groups very much. My Dad gave me that. Sooooo... The classical masters, and Queen. Oh, and Avril. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ March 16, 2003: Message edited by: Hirilaelin ]
Old 03-16-2003, 11:33 AM   #278
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Ah, I see. Makes sense actually; I know what you mean.

I like your sig by the way. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2003, 11:37 AM   #279
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

I'm glad that that finally meant what I meant it to mean. Wow, weird sentence construction... As for the signature, I got it from my favorite comic book series. Girl Genius, absultely Great comics. "A place where mad science rules the world, but not very well." [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2003, 11:38 AM   #280
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

Gee I thought I'd do another entry because it's been 9 months (Page 2), but I guess I really haven't changed that much.

Still haven't been able to leave my mother-in-law speechless... goals for the futrue...