The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum


Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #81
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm
 
Coppermirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 344
Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Coppermirror??!! Kind of wish I hadn't voted yet now, because that last post (#75) was positively weird. Your own tone seems forced to you too, huh? That's apologetic if I've ever seen anything apologetic in my life.
Hmm? If I think that someone is right about their impression of a post (that is, that the tone sounds a bit forced) then I don't see why I shouldn't say so. If I can see how someone reached their conclusion, that's useful for me when evaluating whether their thought process was innocent or evil. In this case, I thought that Greenie was more likely to be innocent after that.

Edit: crossed since Lommy at #78.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #82
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth
 
Legate of Amon Lanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In that far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,162
Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
Well, yes. I wasn't using contractions and was trying to stay mostly in-character despite the lack of opening narration. My tone looks a bit forced to me there too.
Great. Now this makes me want to reevaluate on Cop, because what kind of Wolf would post something like that? Well, possibly a frustrated Wolf who suddenly realised she wants to appear innocent. But seriously speaking, I can see this being an innocent's realisation that her earlier posts seem forced.

Well, now that forces me to think still about other options of vote besides Cop... but I am not sure. One other option would be Echo just because of the vote out of the blue, or Holby for similarly awkward reasoning, but I think they could both get a newbie, resp. long-time-no-see-player pass... but I don't know. Okay, vote coming in a minute. I have to decide.
__________________
"But it is not your own Shire," said Gildor. "Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out."
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #83
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,447
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
You lot sure don't make it easy on Day 1, do you?

I'm back and forth trying to decide whether I think Kath or Legate seems dodgy, then there's Lottie, who seems to be looking for a reason to suspect Kath. It mainly looks odd in light of Echo's very strange vote, though.

x/d with Legate
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:45 PM   #84
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic
 
Shastanis Althreduin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In fire, water, earth, and air. But mostly water.
Posts: 2,619
Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Argh. Something's come up and I'm not going to be able to spend the time I'd like reading what's happened today.

Moddess Sally, I abstain from voting today.
__________________
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:45 PM   #85
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,447
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I can't bring myself to vote for Echo or Holby, due to first-time and long-time away considerations. Both have been downright bizarre up to this point, though.

x/d with Shasta
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #86
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm
 
Coppermirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 344
Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Agreeing with Lommy here - what? While I appreciate it that someone doesn't react over-defensively when suspected, this is a bit too nice already. And, you know, it almost works, because I feel bad voting you now since you take it so constructively and act so nicely. Honestly though, that's too much.

++ Coppermirror
*eyebrow raise*

I was taking it well because I could see how you got that impression and I thought I could have reached that conclusion myself. Earlier on, you'll see that I didn't take Legate's suspicion so well, because I think his reasoning has serious flaws.

Now I have to work out whether you were an innocent jumping on a small thing over-excitedly, or a sorcerer looking for an opening. Lommy thought it was bad too, and Legate is certainly on the warpath.

Edit: Or maybe not! I'm confused now. Crossed since Legate's last.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #87
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth
 
Legate of Amon Lanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In that far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,162
Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.
P.S. And I wanted to say already two posts ago, and keep forgetting that, that Greenie's later posts make me think she is acting quite innocentish in the end.

Bah, and okay, I am not now 100% sure about it, but it is still probably my biggest suspect:

++Coppermirror


That's all folks.

EDIT: xed since my last. But good Night.
__________________
"But it is not your own Shire," said Gildor. "Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out."
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #88
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
*eyebrow raise*

I was taking it well because I could see how you got that impression and I thought I could have reached that conclusion myself. Earlier on, you'll see that I didn't take Legate's suspicion so well, because I think his reasoning has serious flaws.

Now I have to work out whether you were an innocent jumping on a small thing over-excitedly, or a sorcerer looking for an opening. Lommy thought it was bad too, and Legate is certainly on the warpath.

Edit: Or maybe not! I'm confused now. Crossed since Legate's last.
I think your reaction here is wonderfully innocent, and I'm pretty okay with your first Controversial Post. At this point, I'm fairly certain you won't kill me in my sleep.

Legate's reaction to the Cop Controversy is also interesting - he doesn't jump on it as further reasoning to vote you, which could speak well for his non-sorcererarity, but he's experienced and might be wary of jumping on a bandwagon - though if that's the case, he wound up voting for you anyway, so I'm leaning innocentish on him.
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #89
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,447
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Legate's reaction to the Cop Controversy is also interesting - he doesn't jump on it as further reasoning to vote you, which could speak well for his non-sorcererarity, but he's experienced and might be wary of jumping on a bandwagon - though if that's the case, he wound up voting for you anyway, so I'm leaning innocentish on him.
Maybe it's just the end of the workday and week, but I find this confusing.

Anyway I should probably go ahead and vote, since I'm about to leave and don't know if I'll be able to make it back before DL.

++Lottie

A vague uneasy feeling, coupled with the apparent doublespeak above, and a forced-feeling suspicion of Kath.
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #90
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm
 
Coppermirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 344
Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Vote tally so far

Kath -> Nerwen
Echo-> Kath
Lommy -> Legate
Greenie -> Coppermirror
Legate -> Coppermirror (2)

Yet to vote:
Boro
Steve
Lottie
Inzil
McCaber
Nerwen
Holby
Coppermirror

Not voting: Shasta

I'm not sure who to vote for yet. Legate said some things earlier that really didn't make sense to me at all, but the question is whether the intent was innocent or evil. The fact he's leaving straight away after voting doesn't give me a good feeling.

Echo's vote looks pretty bad, but I don't think anyone will vote for them, as a first time player on their first day.

Holby's behaviour has been odd, but I know so little about them that I don't think I can place a vote.

I'm unsure about Nerwen, but I can't say it's enough to follow Kath's vote. She really hasn't done much.

There's about 50 minutes to go now, right? If I have to make a quick vote, I'll vote for Legate, but I'd like to spend a little time looking over toDay's posts again before making a firm decision.

Edit: crossed since Lottie's last.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #91
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Holbytlass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Party Tree
Posts: 1,096
Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Argh. Something's come up and I'm not going to be able to spend the time I'd like reading what's happened today.

Moddess Sally, I abstain from voting today.

don't like abstaining voters, esp day 1 where any reason is mostly justified because it is day 1.

the wagon jumping done here by legate and little green to lommie's suspicions of copper is unsettling. [arranging suspect list to first letter of names]
__________________
Holby is an actual flesh-and-blood person, right? Not, say a sock-puppet of Nilp’s, by any chance? ~Nerwen, WWCIII
Holbytlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #92
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable
 
Eönwë's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Right here
Posts: 3,889
Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ok, it looks like this thorough readthrough is taking longer than I was hoping. I'm barely 2/3 through the first page, but here are some thoughts:

- The early-Day banter seems really weird toDay, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least one sorcerer (looks like I need to learn how to spell that word properly too!) among them. It also seems quite intermingled with some of the discussions, which I think deserve looking at:
  • Serverman- Very limited, all banter
  • Invisibility- Zil suggested it seriously, but Cop turned it into banter in a way that makes me uncomfortable.
  • Wolf numbers - Brought up by Coppermirror (possibly as banter?) and is then turned more serious by Nerwen. Nerwen thinks 4, Kath thinks 3, Coppermirror doubtfully suggests 4 and Greenie just said to wait for Sally's confirmation, which could be wolvishly non-committal, or just sensible.
  • Rule of 3 - Quite messy, and there's not much time until DL, but to me Greenie dismissing it out of hand could either be helpful to the village or a wolf trying to appear as such, and Legate's lengthy post on it seems suspicious. Since Cop apparently didn't know about it, I think Lommy's suspicion of her based on that is unfounded, but not very suspicious.

Beyond that, I'm not too keen on Legate trying to echo (non-existent) support for aiming for Saruman, when clearly that's impossible to do.

Ok, so this is really rare for me on a Day 1, but some strong suspicions have jumped out at me:

I think it's quite likely that at least one of Legate and Coppermirror is a sorcerer. Both sides of their back-and-forth about the wolf-on-wolf messages seem quite suspicious to me. It might be a bit bold for sorcerers to do this, but some early distancing is usually quite a good tactic for them.

In fact, if I were to pick a wolf-pack from the posts I've read so far, I would guess, Legate, Cop and Greenie. Greenie seems maybe a bit too clean for my liking, and if Cop and Legate are a pack, then they've got exactly the right sort of dynamic between them, with Greenie indirectly supporting Cop and Legate distancing himself from Greenie with a suspicion.

Also, on a side note, Zil seems innocent for possibly the first time ever, which worries me a lot.
__________________
Welcome to the Barrow Do-owns Forum / Such a lovely place
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #93
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,065
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
++Kath

Sorry love, as gleeful as it is to have you remember to participate in Day 1, and as much as it means I want to continue having you around as someone to bounce ideas off of...it's feeling not meant to be this time around. There's something off with you today.

Particularly post #54 where I think your points on Inzil and Lottie are off. I don't get the connection you're trying to make about Inzil reminding everyone to go invisible. And Lottie I don't think was making a non-commital statement, but more or less saying she thinks more than likely the Day 1 arguments between 2 people are innocent-on-innocent.

...and a bit of Echo said she was a witch...which made me want to ask "Did she turn you into a newt? And you got better?" But it's worth a go considering what I think we've had so far today.
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #94
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm
 
Coppermirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 344
Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Boro does have a point about Kath's #54, now that he points it out, but I didn't notice anything particularly suspicious in her other posts.

I can't wait to vote any longer than this, so I've got to go with the person I've got the most suspicion for based on their actions.

++Legate

Vote tally so far

Kath -> Nerwen
Echo-> Kath
Lommy -> Legate
Greenie -> Coppermirror
Legate -> Coppermirror (2)
Inzil -> Lottie
Boro -> Kath (2)
Coppermirror -> Legate (2)

Yet to vote:
Steve
Lottie
McCaber
Nerwen
Holby

Not voting: Shasta
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #95
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable
 
Eönwë's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Right here
Posts: 3,889
Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
This end-of-Day silence is quite disconcerting.

edit: x-posted, obviously
__________________
Welcome to the Barrow Do-owns Forum / Such a lovely place
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #96
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable
 
Eönwë's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Right here
Posts: 3,889
Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
So, who else is around now that hasn't voted yet?
__________________
Welcome to the Barrow Do-owns Forum / Such a lovely place
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #97
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
So we have a triple tie between Cop, Kath, and Legate, with no clarifying rules on tie-breakers? Well then.

++Kath

I find her far more suspicious than either Cop or Legate.

EDIT: xed with two of Steve's
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #98
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Holbytlass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Party Tree
Posts: 1,096
Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
a three way tie!?!

++LEGATE

since out of the three hes suspicious to me
__________________
Holby is an actual flesh-and-blood person, right? Not, say a sock-puppet of Nilp’s, by any chance? ~Nerwen, WWCIII
Holbytlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #99
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable
 
Eönwë's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Right here
Posts: 3,889
Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Wait, so what happens in the case of a tie?

edit: x-ed with Holby
__________________
Welcome to the Barrow Do-owns Forum / Such a lovely place
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #100
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm
 
Coppermirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 344
Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Vote tally so far

Kath -> Nerwen
Echo-> Kath
Lommy -> Legate
Greenie -> Coppermirror
Legate -> Coppermirror (2)
Inzil -> Lottie
Boro -> Kath (2)
Coppermirror -> Legate (2)
Lottie -> Kath (3)
Holby -> Legate (3)

Yet to vote:
Steve
McCaber
Nerwen

Not voting: Shasta
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #101
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
That clears that right up.
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #102
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable
 
Eönwë's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Right here
Posts: 3,889
Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ok, well I haven't seen the other two around, we can't risk a tie meaning no lynch, so:

++Legate
__________________
Welcome to the Barrow Do-owns Forum / Such a lovely place
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #103
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Legate is dead. He was an ordinary arcanist. Sorcerers may whisper in the dark while the rest of you....rest. A proper narration will be here tomorrow.

Casting:
Shasta
Kath
Dun
Nerwen
Cop
McCobbler
Lottie
Green
Echo
Holbytlass
Boro
Lommy
Steve

Cast aside:
Sally (moddess)
Morsul (collateral damage)
Legate (wizard)
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #104
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Inziladun has passed on. He was an ordinary wizard.
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #105
Echo
Pile O'Bones
 
Echo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 20
Echo has just left Hobbiton.
Leaf

Are we aloud to post now?
if we are i would like to say, may Inzil rest in shredded pieces.
hmmm i was mildly suspicious about him, but no matter now.




the reason i whatch my back at night
holby~ its not just me noticing her weird QUIET behavior but youd know better than me, im just a new nobody
cop~ hes either really good or really bad,...but im still havent desided which. (hopfully good)


mildly suspicious of
green~ill have to pick a better reason than the one ive got,...you dont sit right with me though.
AND everyone else.
[U]other[U]
Boro~ what can i say other than hes nice and welcomed me, i have no reason to suspect him........yet.



well ponder my list. think of me evil or think of me not,..i dont care.
but youll think of me the way you think when you think it. but if i die today or tonight you will get no further.
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #106
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm
 
Coppermirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 344
Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
A pity about Legate. I can see how that happened now and I really should have known better. At least the voting yesterDay was interesting and had multiple tiebreakers. Plus, the game started with a Day phase, so there's no way the sorcerers had plans in place in advance.

And man, Inzil's killed the time he's finally innocent? We're clearly dealing with very sadistic sorcerers here. Anyway, why might Inzil have been killed? The only things which come to mind are that nobody really suspected him this time, or that they might have thought he was the Seer. Or it could be to lay a false trail to Lottie, I suppose.

I'll settle down to do an analysis of each person who posted yesterDay. This may take me a while, especially if I'm looking at past games to check on things about some people's behaviour.

Three people didn't vote yesterDay: Nerwen, Shasta, and McCaber (the latter of whom didn't show up at all as far as I can see, so I hope he knows the game is on). This is pretty bad. There are also some people who showed up relatively late and didn't get much of a chance to talk. It would be great if those people would speak up as early as possible toDay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
Are we aloud to post now?
I think so. The Day always starts when the moddess announces who was killed during the Night. Sally's just really busy at the moment.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #107
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Until further notice, everyone but me carries a presumption of guilt. Confessions will be entertained.
Maybe this could have been seen as a Seer hint? For the most part, though, Zil was fairly non-committal. He certainly didn't jump in guns blazing saying "x is evil", so I think he was probably a no-trace kill.
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #108
Echo
Pile O'Bones
 
Echo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 20
Echo has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
do an analysis of each person. I'm looking at past games to check on things about some people's behaviour.
as am i cop,
hobbits dont live in dirty,nasty, wet holes filled with the ends of worms,...but do holbyts?...........
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:13 PM   #109
Echo
Pile O'Bones
 
Echo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 20
Echo has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

i patiently wait for the bantering and finger pionting..... though its quite late but no worry i eagerly wait!!! (well not the finger pionting if its at me)
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #110
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,484
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
PLans for the day

Off the top of my head, I’d say Zil was a no-trace– but we’d still better worth look his posts over.

The Legate–waggon also needs inspection...
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #111
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm
 
Coppermirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 344
Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I hope I'm not breaking some WW taboo I don't know by saying this, but Nerwen, you're not still set to invisible on the forums. Might be a good idea to change that.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:24 PM   #112
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,484
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Newbie Pass: Good For One Day Only

Echo, should you happen to be still around–

Why did you vote for Kath? Lommy, whom you quoted in support of
your vote was talking about Legate– and your comments (“nonsense chatter and trying to point out he’s innocent”) don’t seem to apply to him either.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #113
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,484
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
I hope I'm not breaking some WW taboo I don't know by saying this, but Nerwen, you're not still set to invisible on the forums. Might be a good idea to change that.
What? I’m always invisible!

The recent troubles here must have reset my profile, or something.

Anyway, thanks for the warning.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #114
Echo
Pile O'Bones
 
Echo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 20
Echo has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

hmm all you need know is i dont think kath is quite important anymore,...does this have profound meaning?!,...i guess if you want it to,..but i find someone else making my skin crawl,....
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #115
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
Echo, while frustratingly (and, it seems, purposefully) vague, does come off to me at least as being simply a nervous newbie. Unless he/she (did we ever get clarification on that point?) does something glaringly eeeeeevil, I'm inclined to give him/her an extension on his/her newbie pass.

Holby alarms me, but I get the impression that's just her style. Makes me nervous, though - it's too easy to hide under that.
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:42 PM   #116
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,484
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Zilalysis

#3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
Until further notice, everyone but me carries a presumption of guilt. Confessions will be entertained.

There's two here I haven't encountered before, Holbytlass and naturally, Echo. Does that mean anything? Not really.
Comment: Lottie has suggested this might have been seen as a Seer-hint. This seems a very odd thing to say, as Seers rarely just hint at their role without leaving specific clues– this is in fact likely to be counter-productive. Possibly she means, not a deliberate hint, but the unconscious result of a Seer’s natural pre-occupation with his role, which I could perhaps buy into– though only if taken in conjunction with later comments (see below).

#4. Reminds everyone to turn on Invisible mode.

#6.
Banter with Coppermirror. Makes some remarks about how “all must remember to use [their powers]” and how we should hope “all come to their senses”.
Comment: Much later (see #53) Zil explains this as having referred to the invisibility issue, but I suppose the wolves could have missed this and taken it as a sign of the gifted mindset.

#24.
Quoting Coppermirror (#7, #12), agrees with Greenie (#13) that Cop’s ignorance of baddie-numbers “could be” a sign of innocence. Likes Greenie. Points out that Lovers are not necessarily true friends of the village. Mentions that his reason for telling everyone to turn invisible was that he already had noticed someone wasn’t. Agrees with Legate (#15) that Saruman will be hard to distinguish from other baddies. Wonders if Saruman “will appear as such to the Seer anyway”.
Comment: Following on from my previous comments, here his apparent pre-occupation with the Seer-role might have got wolfish attention.

#31.
Replying to yours truly (#30), thinks it might have been useful to see if anyone used the Rule of Three to justify a vote.

#36.
Again following Legate (#27), is curious whether Saruman will be identified as such after death. Wants Holbytlass to explain the “obvious” reasoning behind her suspicion-list at #33.
Comment: As do many of us, I believe... Meanwhile, could his speculations about Saruman have looked like a Seer worried accidentally betraying himself, or something like that?

#48.
Concerned by interactions between Kath, Lommy and Legate. Thinks there’s a “reasonable chance” one is evil.

#53.
#53. Demands to know why Echo (#49) is voting for Kath “based on something she didn’t even say”.

#55.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
Echo is either a rushed newbie, or a nervous wolf-cub.
#56.
Responding to Kath (#54), who saw his comment (#6) about all using their powers as a possible hint to fellow wolves, explains that he was still talking about people using invisibility mode.

#70.
Tells Coppermirror that DL is within two hours. Finds Echo “explanation” of her vote (#67) “confusing”.

#73.
Wonders whether to follow Lommy’s vote on Legate.
Comment: This is said is such a banter-y fashion that I actually can’t tell if he was seriously considering it.


#83.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
You lot sure don't make it easy on Day 1, do you?

I'm back and forth trying to decide whether I think Kath or Legate seems dodgy, then there's Lottie, who seems to be looking for a reason to suspect Kath. It mainly looks odd in light of Echo's very strange vote, though.
#85.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
I can't bring myself to vote for Echo or Holby, due to first-time and long-time away considerations. Both have been downright bizarre up to this point, though.
#89.
Votes Lottie, quoting her statements on Legate(#88).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
Maybe it's just the end of the workday and week, but I find this confusing.

Anyway I should probably go ahead and vote, since I'm about to leave and don't know if I'll be able to make it back before DL.

++Lottie

A vague uneasy feeling, coupled with the apparent doublespeak above, and a forced-feeling suspicion of Kath.
Conclusions: I think there is a good chance that Zil’s unusual level of activity, coupled with his notably careful-yet-authoritative posting style, flagged him as a likely gifted. This, with the fact that no-one seemed to suspect him (for once!) seems to me a sufficient reason for him to have been chosen. As for whether the wolves thought him the Seer (as suggested by Lottie and Cop), rather than any other role– well, maybe, but the “Seer-hints” are tenuous, and it should, anyway, have been quite clear that if he was one, he had dreamed no villain yet. They could, of course, have been afraid he was about to do so, meaning we should probably take a closer look at those of whom he expressed suspicion– Lottie, Kath, Holbytlass and Echo.

What this was probably not: an attempt to frame Lottie (cf. Coppermirror #106). For that to work, the murdered player needs to have behaved in a way that would, in theory, make him look like a major threat to the player being framed. Preferably, he needs to have said things that could have made him look like a Seer who had dreamed her guilty already. There’s none of that in Zil’s posting.

EDIT: x’d with Echo and Lottie.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.

Last edited by Nerwen; 08-25-2013 at 12:25 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:12 AM   #117
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,484
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Echo, while frustratingly (and, it seems, purposefully) vague, does come off to me at least as being simply a nervous newbie. Unless he/she (did we ever get clarification on that point?) does something glaringly eeeeeevil, I'm inclined to give him/her an extension on his/her newbie pass.
No. I mean, so far I don’t particularly see Echo as a baddie either, but she(?) shouldn’t be encouraged go on playing like this, or it’ll become a real problem.

Quote:
Holby alarms me, but I get the impression that's just her style. Makes me nervous, though - it's too easy to hide under that.
Another one being confusing, apparently deliberately so. Not necessarily evil, no– but not exactly helpful, either.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.

Last edited by Nerwen; 08-25-2013 at 12:28 AM. Reason: typo
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:25 AM   #118
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic
 
Shastanis Althreduin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In fire, water, earth, and air. But mostly water.
Posts: 2,619
Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Nerwen @ #10 is the first actual game-related post, wondering about the number of evils we have in this game. Fair question.

Nothing too interesting until this -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
My initial thought was that it seems more likely that the one who first realizes we don't know the number of wolves would be an innocent than a wolf, since the wolves presumably know how many of them there are. (Captain Obvious at your service!) But then again, there's always double-bluffs, so that theory doesn't really hold water. Bleh.
It's late here, but my initial thought here was that Greenie was well aware that the number of wolves hadn't been posted by the moddess, but had elected not to say anything because... why? I can think of a couple reasons a wolf would remain silent on the number of baddies, but it's harder for me to think of reasons an innocent would.

Maybe I'm looking too hard, though. I could easily be getting rusty. x_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
The only thing that's raised my eyebrows this far is Cop taking the post quoted above seriously, but that's not very much.
I thought the same upon my first read, but Cop ended up choosing Lottie because "Inzil just can't be a wolf again..." which strikes me as (I think) Cop's brand of humor. Very dry, that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
The amount of these in Greenie's post seems a bit excessive; if anything disturbs me, it is actually her.
And here we have Legate, apparently jumping at shadows? Suspecting someone for smilies?

Also this -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Anyway, somebody mentioned the strategy of getting rid of Saruman first of all; clearly that is the best course.
Actually, at the time this was posted (I'm reading as I go), no one had mentioned this strategy at all as far as I can tell. Where did you get this idea, Legate?

Ah, I see Cop also mentioned this in #17. You may have already answered this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Moddess has now indicated there are three baddies, including Saruman. Was it Greenie who said not knowing the number could be a sign of innocence? Could be. Anyway, I like Greenie thus far.
And here we have the first place where Inzil and I have a difference of opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
What? Are you actually treating the rule of three as a serious theory? That's the fishiest thing I've seen today. The rule of three is utter made-up rubbish based on probabilities. I mean, yes, if we are 14 and there are 3 wolves, it's quite likely there is a wolf among the three first posters, but the probability is no bigger than there being a wolf among any given three players - say the three first in alphabetical order (in his case A Little Green, Boro and Coppermirror). There's no point in basing any suspicions on the rule of three.
QFT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Holby, I mean this in the politest way, but - what the heck?

A list post is useful in terms of seeing where your loyalties lie in future Days but with zero additional information it is really fairly unhelpful right now! You said you want to lynch people discussing 'the rule of three' but that isn't so many people and not all of them can be evil anyway, so having everyone down as suspicious with no explanation isn't great.
I thought the same - I even started typing about it. Then I took a second look and figured she suspected everyone but McCaber (inside joke, perhaps?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Because it doesn't make any sense to say it! It's the same as if I posted "bananas are yellow". Why would I do that? Except to maybe appear like I was saying something while I wasn't?
I read this statement in your voice Lommy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Hmm... for some reason, this made me a bit uncertain about Lottie, since she is practically avoiding going after those who are "in the heat" and focusing on other people, not that there is anything wrong with that per se, but I assume a Wolf might be happy to suspect people who are not in the center of attention, so that if later e.g. an innocent is lynched, the Wolf can be like "I didn't take part in this...".
This statement pinged my radar a tad. Mostly because it's so very easy to turn around - "a Wolf might be happy to suspect people who are in the center of attention in order to push a lynch on them", etc.

Re - Lommy and Kath @ #42 and #43: I tend to fall on Lommy's side here. Just because someone is known for action A, it does not follow that action A is in and of itself unsuspicious.

Echo with the first vote at #49 - reminds me of wintywinty's first game. Still annoying.

The real thing I find interesting about it, though, is Greenie's reaction at #50 - no questioning of the random, out-of-the-blue vote as I would suspect, just a nice reminder to bold the vote . It strikes me as incredibly odd that she didn't mention that such votes tend to be frowned upon...

Lots of posting, but nothing really eye-catching until...

Legate, at #74, and his list post. I notice no one goes beyond "fishy" and "uncertain" for him - fair enough, for Day 1, I suppose, but still rather odd in terms of who he planned on voting.

Greenie, at #76, and a delayed reaction (after other people evidenced the same reaction, how odd) -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Echo - WHAT?
Huh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Coppermirror??!! Kind of wish I hadn't voted yet now, because that last post (#75) was positively weird. Your own tone seems forced to you too, huh? That's apologetic if I've ever seen anything apologetic in my life.
Actually, Lommy, Cop was being perfectly reasonable there, I think. Although this bit was a bit of an eyebrow-raiser -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop
despite being aware it might look a bit off
I honestly can't tell if the fact that she considered how saying that would make her look before posting it makes her look better or worse.

However, reading up to #87 I'm not really seeing where the sudden Cop suspicion is coming from. Greenie's vote I at least understood the reasoning behind, even if I disagree, but Legate's was plain confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
[Legate's reaction to the Cop Controversy is also interesting - he doesn't jump on it as further reasoning to vote you, which could speak well for his non-sorcererarity, but he's experienced and might be wary of jumping on a bandwagon - though if that's the case, he wound up voting for you anyway, so I'm leaning innocentish on him.
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holby
don't like abstaining voters, esp day 1 where any reason is mostly justified because it is day 1.
Except that, again, I hadn't had time to read very much at all, and with nothing to go on it would have been much more likely that my vote would have been for an innocent. I didn't want a random vote by me tipping the scales in case someone else came up with something good later in the day.

Lottie's vote post at #97 makes me uneasy. The tone is almost as if she's grateful her vote choices have been narrowed down, and that's never something an innocent actively wants.

Holby, by contrast, has a much more panicky feel to it (context - Lottie's post was seven minutes before DL, Holby's was five, so both extremely close to the end of the day, but Lottie was pretty calm about the whole thing.) I would, however, like to know why Holby found Legate more suspicious than Cop or Kath. I don't thinK I remember her being suspicious of him prior.

And Eonwe casts the deciding vote for Legate over Kath. He mentions Legate as a possible wolf earlier, so no real surprises there. Definitely worth a look later though, depending on what Kath turns out to be if she dies.

Echo makes the first post of Day 2 and mentions four people in his/her post - none of which are Kath. Curiouser and curiouser.


- And that's what I've got for now. I've got to get some sleep. I'll post some more when I get home after work. Good night.
__________________
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:27 AM   #119
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,484
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
If anyone notices my Zilalysis just got slightly longer, it’s because the site had initially edited out part of it. (Apparently, too much linking will do this at present.)
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:33 AM   #120
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,484
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Actually, at the time this was posted (I'm reading as I go), no one had mentioned this strategy at all as far as I can tell. Where did you get this idea, Legate?
*cough* *cough* My best beloved, Legate is, tragically, in no condition to answer you.

For the record, I believe it was something he got out of Cop’s early banter.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:37 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.