The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2002, 03:47 PM   #1
MaladyMirkwood
Pile O'Bones

MaladyMirkwood has just left Hobbiton.
Sting a fan fic website?

hello i was wondering if you all could help me with something. I really like reading fan fiction and have heard that there is a website called fan fic or something but when i treid to go to is it didnt work. If any ofyou know of a site thats all about fan fics will you please tell me?
Mlady~ [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2002, 04:15 PM   #2
Ithilwen
Animated Skeleton

Ithilwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

There are LOTS of fanfiction sites out there - too many to list, really. The one you're probably thinking about is Fanfiction.net, which is a large archive for many fandoms (not just Tolkien) - but they're having server problems, and the site will be barely functional for the next two weeks (although you may be able to read some stories, you won't be able to post any or write reviews, or use the search engine). It's a pity (as well as frustrating - that's where I post my own fics!). If you haven't checked out the Fanfiction site here at the Downs, do so! Other sites you might enjoy include Nindaiwe and The Henneth Annun Archive Have fun reading!
Old 07-02-2002, 05:44 PM   #3
Calencoire
Haunting Spirit

Calencoire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Calencoire
Silmaril

Oh yeah, fanfiction.net is my favorite place to go for LOTR fan fics besides BD. Its got them for all your fave books and more [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2002, 12:07 AM   #4
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

Fanfiction.net was down for a few days but it's up and running now.
Old 07-03-2002, 05:19 AM   #5
Morima
Haunting Spirit

Morima has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Morima Send a message via MSN to Morima
White-Hand

Hi! I advice you all to go to The Henneth-Annun FanFiciton Site and read the Camilla Sandman story. It is 61 chapters but I read them over two days. Hilarious!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Aki Benetah.
Morima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 06:37 AM   #6
MaladyMirkwood
Pile O'Bones

MaladyMirkwood has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!! I cant wait to get reading! Well actually i think ill go right now!
Malady~ [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2002, 08:58 AM   #7
Ithilwen
Animated Skeleton

Ithilwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Actually, fanfiction.net is NOT completely up - it's currently running in "read only" mode, which means that people can read previously posted fics, but they can't write reviews or post new stories (and I don't believe that the Search function is working either,which makes finding specific authors or stories quite a bit harder! The Directory works, though, so if you're willing to do a bit of browsing, you can reach a specific author's page by going that route.). Still, "read-only' mode is better than nothing.

I'm glad to see that people are checking out the Henneth Annun site!
Old 07-03-2002, 08:17 PM   #8
Amarantha Gamwich-Baggins
Pile O'Bones

Amarantha Gamwich-Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amarantha Gamwich-Baggins
Thumbs up

Wow thanks for those fanfic sites guys. I stayed up 'till like 3 in the morning reading one story (of course I always seem to stay up till 3 every morning, but this time I wasn't just staring up at the ceiling!)

"Maybe a little hobbit did it."

aREN"T î EVIL¿ LoL
Amarantha Gamwich-Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote