The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2004, 01:14 PM   #1
Aethelwulf Éothain

Shield "Middle-Earth Online" Roleplayers

Good day to you all!

I'm fairly new to this forum, and have a question to ask of you.

As most of you know, there's an upcoming MMORPG (an online roleplaying game world) called Middle-Earth Online. For several months now, I have been looking for a serious and dedicated roleplaying guild to join, but I cannot find one to my liking. The only truly great guild so far is "The Elves of Imladris", but joining an elven guild does not seem appropriate for the character I have planned. My character will be one of the Eorlingas, so I wish to join a Rohirric guild.

My question is...

Do any of you perhaps know of such a guild for Middle-Earth Online, or do you know of any dedicated roleplayers planning on forming one?

I ask here because I think the odds of finding mature roleplayers will be much greater here than on the public MEO messageboards.

That would be all, thanks for your attention. :-)

Last edited by Aethelwulf Éothain; 06-01-2004 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:52 PM   #2
Aethelwulf Éothain

Thanks Lammoth, but it seems most of the people frequenting the official MEO board are children with no regard for the lore of the world. I figured here I might have less chance of finding MEO players, but more chance of finding quality players.

But you're right, I must be patient, it won't be released for another half a year at least.
Old 06-05-2004, 04:17 PM   #3
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
It's never too early to join a guild! A guild should be a group of people who like to play together, so you want to get to know each other.

I await the release of MEO (as well as Guild Wars and other games), as part of a guild. If you are looking for a guild to join, which is certainly worth your time, you should check out the MEO forums. They have a whole forum dedicated to kinships, and there are some helpful lists. Though you are right to largely avoid those...

There a good number of dedicated RPers out there who have formed guilds, and none of the guilds have grown very large in size. They shouldn't be large, anyway. I'd say that the guilds you see the least of on MEO forums are most likely your best bet.

Here's a short list of some guilds that might be worth your while, with links to their sites:

Elves of Imladris

Fellowship of Forces - Website currently not found...will check into that!

Iron Guard of Nogrod

Knights of Dol-Amroth

Mithril Knights of Evendim

Order of Shadow

Rangers of Thintaur

Safe Havens of Arda

United Guard

The Dunedain

The Moriquendi

The Craftsmen of the Shire

The Hobbits of the Shire

The UC of Dunland

The Eriador Expiditionary Force

And if you truly are a serious, dedicated RPer... I am a member of the Soul Assassins, and our guild might be right for you. That is, of course, if you're not completely set on your character being one of the Eorlingas.

Hope I helped, if you even still wanted it.

-Durelin
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 02:41 PM   #4
Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dűm

Bombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Bombadil
Boots

For any who are not familiar with the upcoming MMORPG, I have a link here where you can find some amazing screenshots! This game looks incredible!

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/middl...s.html?page=97

Last edited by Bombadil; 06-06-2004 at 02:45 PM.
Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 06:59 AM   #5
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Well, gosh, no one has suggested this yet, so I will.

Aethelwulf Éothain, welcome to the Barrow Downs. Since you are new here, maybe you have not yet checked out the role playing fora here, The Shire, Rohan, and Gondor.

Our games are text-based, interactive, and short running (for the most part), rather than complex on-going MUSH type gaming situations. They are also less heirarchical.

Come in character to the Green Dragon in The Shire or The White Horse in Rohan and see if you like our style of gaming!

Bęthberry,
Moderator for Rohan
Old 06-17-2004, 12:05 PM   #6
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Tolkien Middle Earth Online

I too have been looking into this and my initial excitement has been tempered a bit by a few things. One being the monthly subscription, two is the hardware, and three is the fear of mobs of non-Tolkien gamers. I'll have to wait and see though I guess.
Snowdog is offline   Reply With Quote