The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2002, 02:24 AM   #1
Gayametwen
Pile O'Bones

Gayametwen has just left Hobbiton.
Ring *snarls* My precious..... I GOT IT! Anyone else out there?

Hi! I went and got myself..well I was given it... Anyway.. I got the LOTR ring ^^ Anyone else got it? I got the gold one [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2002, 10:33 AM   #2
arelendil
Wight

arelendil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I saw it in a toy shop and had to have it! it was only £7.99 and made by applause! i hope you didn't get the real solid gol 10k one cause that's not fair!
Old 10-26-2002, 11:00 AM   #3
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Eye

I really need to get one. Whenever I'm wearing one of my normal rings, I start turning into Gollum, calling it my precious and such. I also have started calling many things, especially my computer and my LOTR books, my precious. Where can you find them?
Arwen
Old 10-26-2002, 11:27 AM   #4
Luinėcolloien
Animated Skeleton

Luinėcolloien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luinėcolloien
Silmaril

Arwen, they have it on the Barrow Downs. On the home page, look in the top right and click the 'Barrow Treasures" icon. They also have it at www.noblecollection.com and several other places.
Luinėcolloien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 11:43 AM   #5
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Eye

Thanks, Luinėcolloien!
Arwen
Old 10-26-2002, 12:31 PM   #6
Eruialiwen
Haunting Spirit

Eruialiwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eruialiwen
Ring

I need to get one too...I've been calling all my rings and stuff "my precious" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I've even been thinking about renaming my computer "Precious" [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2002, 12:35 PM   #7
DarkRose
Wight

DarkRose has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to DarkRose
Sting

Arwen1858, you could also possibly search on Ebay to find copies of the One Ring that you could order. Ebay is almost always very reliable. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Ah, since I'm incredibly cheap, I just wear the phony One Ring that comes with the special LOTR bookmarks. I have it on my finger right now, in fact. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2002, 03:15 PM   #8
Nilwen
Haunting Spirit

Nilwen has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I got one from EBAY.It came with a chain and in a little box that lites up.It kool but kind of cheep.I wish I could get the gold one but it a little expensive.The one I got came in size 7 i think and it barely fits my little finger,but thats OK I wear it on the chane any way.
Old 10-26-2002, 09:16 PM   #9
Gayametwen
Pile O'Bones

The Eye

It's 9CT ^^ I got it from Pascoes...I'm not sure if they are available in other countries..I'm in New Zealand...^^ I'm currently wearing it on my chain...And well..since its 9CT it can't be a toy one..and I didn't know you could get it on the net too!
I got it for 340 NZD If I remeber rightly..or 350 NZD..either..it was on special...
Old 10-27-2002, 10:20 AM   #10
Calathanien
Pile O'Bones

Calathanien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Calathanien
Sting

i personally dont have one but my sister dose(i gave it her for her b-day)!!! i keep taking it and saying its my precius and it came to me first!!! lol!!!!! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
i got it from argos for £12 for the money i paid its good quality!!!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
its gold plated and has the writing on the inside and outside of the band!!! plus it came with a chain and boxs!!!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2002, 08:43 PM   #11
elfling
Haunting Spirit

elfling has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I like the ring but I really want an elvin broach. I'm hoping for one for Christmas. It fits my personality better I really want to be one of the Fellowship, plus I have always liked trees and leaves so it's perfect.
Old 10-29-2002, 06:07 PM   #12
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Somehow, a Ring that symbolizes the embodiment of evil just isn't my style. I'll stick with my dear Sam and Bill and my absolutely hilarious "Arms of the Hobbits", thanks. Just today I recieved the book "A Bad Case of Stripes" (unfortunately, in Spanish), but I can always go to my bookmarked website and listen to it being read by Sean Astin....AKA SAM... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Sigh....
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 09:36 PM   #13
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Well, Sam., The idea of ANOTHER one Ring dosen't appeal to me, but Cahira has fallen in love with a certian LOTR ring by the name of Vilya, the ring of air, the one help by ELrond. And I must admit, I like that one!

[ October 29, 2002: Message edited by: Frodo Baggins ]
Old 10-29-2002, 09:40 PM   #14
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Hullo, sir. Yes, I guess that one would be nice. It's just th' very thought of that other awful thing gives me the shivers....
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 10-30-2002, 01:39 PM   #15
Harmonica
Animated Skeleton

Harmonica has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

I have ordered the Ring and hopefully I will get it in about a week or so. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] But I also want an elvin broach, that is so beautiflu.
Old 10-30-2002, 10:03 PM   #16
Sleeping Beauty
Wight

Location: Somewhere between the back of the chair and the monitor
Sleeping Beauty has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleeping Beauty Send a message via MSN to Sleeping Beauty Send a message via Yahoo to Sleeping Beauty
Tolkien

I got the applause ring as well. But a while back I made my own one ring with a ring I found at Delia's (It's actually fits me!) It's on a silver chain and has it's place of honor among the rest of the mass of Tolkien stuff I have been trying to collect since the movie came out. ( I got the Legolas figure from the Two Towers - he rocks! ^_^; )

[ October 30, 2002: Message edited by: Sleeping Beauty ]
Old 10-30-2002, 10:19 PM   #17
Harmonica
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Quote:
( I got the Legolas figure from the Two Towers - he rocks! ^_^; )
Indeed! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I got the Legolas figure too and he stands here at my computer desk looking awsome.... *sigh*.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2002, 10:54 PM   #18
Sleeping Beauty
Wight

Send a message via AIM to Sleeping Beauty Send a message via MSN to Sleeping Beauty Send a message via Yahoo to Sleeping Beauty
Tolkien

Doesn't he though? This Legolas is one of the best Lord of the Rings figures yet. Amazing detail work on them this time around. ^^ I want to open him and play with the bow and arrow, but *sigh*. I must keep him whole. I wonder if I could convince my friends to get me a second....¬_¬
Old 10-31-2002, 11:32 PM   #19
Harmonica
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Oh, take the poor thing out of the box! He won“t do any good in there! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I tried the bow on my figure and it went all over the room and one of my cats went after it! Hehe... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2002, 11:39 PM   #20
Arwen_Evenstar
Wight

Arwen_Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Hi!
I got the stirling silver one, because i couldnt afford the gold one, but I can now!!! But the tricky part is getting mum to let me empty my bank account to pay for it... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2002, 10:08 PM   #21
Alcerin
Pile O'Bones

Alcerin has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Hmm...I can't seem to be able to find any ring that I can afford,I do have the bookmark one though,but it kept making my finger green so...

I think if I got a [real] ring it would be the silver one,cuz I don't look too good in gold [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

has anyone seen a really inexpensive dragon ring???????? if so, where (and it can't be online)

~John 11:35~
Alcerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 11:41 PM   #22
Harmonica
Animated Skeleton

Sting

I got my ring from Movie Art in Sweden, it wasn“t so exspensive, it“s made from some ...eh...metal.... you can see it here http://www.filmaffischer.com/shop.ph...searchword=191 It costs about US$33.
Old 11-03-2002, 09:33 AM   #23
Ainalondwen
Pile O'Bones

Ainalondwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My sis has THE ONE RING, and the Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin, Bilbo, Strider and an orc figures. they are soooo much fun to play with. Ahem. hehehe. She's 20.

I really really really want the Legolas figure from FOTR, but I can't find it anywhere now, not even on ebay! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I searched the whole of Edinburgh when I went for a shopping trip. I searched the whole of Blackpool when we went on holiday there. NOTHING. Oh well, I'll just go any buy the TTT Legolas.

I agree with Samwise, I have no desire for an evil ring. Although I do recall writing a funny little fiction piece with my sister about a miniature Mount Doom destroying an evil ring...hehehe [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

[ November 03, 2002: Message edited by: Ainalondwen ]

Read Feist
Ainalondwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 07:34 PM   #24
Sleeping Beauty
Wight

Sting

Ainalondwen, look up Lord of the Rings action figure and you should find one. I have seen plenty of them up there. And not bad prices either. Just keep looking! :-)
Old 11-03-2002, 08:26 PM   #25
Manwe Sulimo
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manwe Sulimo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Manwe Sulimo
Sting

Well, I want to get Glamdring or Narsil from the Noble Collection...somehow, I got on their mailing list and now I have a catolog full of LotR merchandise. Isn't it weird how they can have Narsil (eg, the hilt and about 1/6 of the blade), but not Andśril?

It's also funny how there are about 4 different "One Ring" sets, and how you can never get 2 items that belonged specifically to 1 character (you can get Gimli's axe and....nothing. You can get Glamdring, but not Narya [even though you can get Nenya and Varya]).

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee.

----------------
This message has been brought to you by the campaign for Real Time.
Old 11-03-2002, 09:41 PM   #26
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Sting

Other stuff like that (replicas of Nenya, Galadriel's Ring) are available at Newline's Official Lord of the Rings store.

I might get a Ring, but like dear little Sam said, it DOES after all symbolize evil. I'm only a teen, so I can't get a good sword from Noble Collection or Arms of Valour for a while yet. I'm sticking an Elvish broach on my Christmas list though!!
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 10:26 PM   #27
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

If you're looking for figures and the like, Sideshow Toy has some nice things.
ie: My Sam and Bill. I have "The Arms of the Hobbits", now , too, but no pics! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ November 03, 2002: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Old 11-03-2002, 11:49 PM   #28
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ring

I have the Ring from the bookmark. It is still attached to the tassel, and that is where it shall stay. (BTW It's the Bilbo bookmark, so it can be used in the Hobbit and LotR with equal relevance. Well, not equal...but whatever.)
Old 11-04-2002, 10:05 AM   #29
Legolas Lover

Sting

Honey everybody has that ring. One of my friends has it. OH...You want to here something...

My moms friend has the ring that Aragorn uhad in the lord of the rings. You know the one that has the green stone in it??

Yeah she has that one. She searched high and low for it and she got it. I forget how much money she paid for it though [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2002, 02:11 PM   #30
Ainalondwen
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Thank you for all the suggestions, I will endeavour to find my little Legolas (heehee).

Maybe I will start looking for Nenya, I'd like that more than an evil ring.

Read Feist
Old 11-04-2002, 04:05 PM   #31
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Heehee, I have the Ring, but the one I really want is the Witchking's Ring. Has anyone here seen it? Way too cool. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] AND I do tend to call it "my precious", along with my copy of The Trilogy, and my sword, Sting (yes, the one from the movie [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]), which I got for my birthday (heh, how ironic is that? preciousssss)
Old 11-04-2002, 04:30 PM   #32
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

You know, you can find a lot of these rings in the Barrowdowns store itself.
Old 11-04-2002, 09:18 PM   #33
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Sting

Try the The Noble Collection for the Witchking's ring. A friend of my sister had the DVD coupon book, and it was in there. But gross, 'tis almost worse than the One Ring!
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 03:03 AM   #34
Gayametwen
Pile O'Bones

Ring

o.O I guess we're kind of lucky when it comes to LotR stuff in NZ because we get most of the stuff...and I DESPERATELY want to win the 22CT ring....but that'd probably take me 50 bars worth of Caramello bars to win it...I don't know much about the action figures and toys etc. but stationary, board games, books (like the movie rada rada), the ring..there's the silver one too....but meh...I have really tanned skin and silver makes me look too dark, adn well we don't really need to go on the net.. ^^;; MEEP!

I also want Arwent's pendant...well I could want everything and be a collector of some sort...but I doubt my pocket money would let me -.-"
Old 11-08-2002, 07:46 PM   #35
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White-Hand

Well go to noblecollection.com and take a looksee at Vilya. It's gorgeous and I'm asking forit for Christmas.
Old 11-09-2002, 01:58 PM   #36
Ainalondwen
Pile O'Bones

Sting

I got my elf!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I brought him home, freed him from his bonds, and started playing with his bow and arrows [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

I (accidently) fired one at my sis, then decided to see how far they could go, so I fired one out the door...then spent 10 minutes searching for it, only to find it had ricocheted back into the room (ho hum).

Still looking for a ring.

Read Feist
Old 11-09-2002, 05:38 PM   #37
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

*Looks around incredulously*

Where's your loyalty? Have you forgotten about THE BARROW DOWNS STORE?!?!
Old 11-09-2002, 08:19 PM   #38
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thumbs up

No offence Van, I love the BD store, but they don't have Vilya.