The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2002, 03:39 PM   #1
chucks888
Pile O'Bones

chucks888 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting L.A. TTT premier reports + pics

Here's my brief write up and pics (Orlando fans will enjoy) from the chaos:<P><A HREF="http://chucks888.freeservers.com/reports/tttpremiere-la.html" TARGET=_blank>Premiere report</A><P>Enjoy!<BR>Chuck
chucks888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 03:53 PM   #2
elfling
Haunting Spirit

elfling has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You are sooo lucky! How incredible to actually talk to and show those guys your art. It looks great by the way. I am so jealous I doubt anyone famous will ever show up in NC for the midnight show. Nice to see they went out oftheir way to meet their fans, too.
Old 12-17-2002, 03:53 PM   #3
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thank you!
Old 12-17-2002, 04:19 PM   #4
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

OMG!!! Thats so awesome!! Thanks for sharing that with us!!!
Old 12-17-2002, 04:42 PM   #5
-Imrahil-
Shade of Carn Dûm

-Imrahil- has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Awesome! Sounded hectic, but really fun!
Old 12-17-2002, 08:33 PM   #6
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

You are lucky. I wish they had one in SF. LA is so close (well, not that close acually). Oh well, I can always dream.

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 08:52 PM   #7
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! You got to meet them? Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! I would die if I met any of those actors. I would probably faint it I met Elijah Wood though. OMG, that is actually one of my life goals. He being my favorite actor since I was really little, I am definitly going to find a way to meet him one day. <P>Oh, and elfling, I know how you feel. I'm from Winston-Salem, NC. And I say those exact same words to myself every day. "Like any famous actor will ever come to NC."<p>[ December 17, 2002: Message edited by: Eruwen ]
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 12:38 AM   #8
chucks888
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Thanks everyone! Glad someone other than me found the report interesting.<P>Cheers!<BR>Chuck
Old 12-18-2002, 01:38 AM   #9
orlandoandsaran
Haunting Spirit

orlandoandsaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to orlandoandsaran
Shield

OMG!!!!<BR>That is so awesome!!! They're SO nice!! I bet you must be on cloud 9! It must be really cool to have your art looked, praised and signed on...especially by stars!!!<BR>You are really lucky!!!!<BR>Thanx for sharing that with us!
Old 12-18-2002, 04:31 AM   #10
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Chuck - Thanks for sharing that with us. Actually, I was more excited to read the ol' Cinerama Dome was still standing! (I used to love that place.)<P>BTW - I checked out your artwork, and it's beautiful. I've seen lots of sketches shared on these web sites, but yours have a liveliness and depth to them; no mere copying.<P>And your future children will definitely thank you, since just one of those original works signed by the actor will probably pay for a really good college education in 20 years. <BR> <BR>BTW - On your poll, you didn't include Bilbo. I liked that painting the best.
Birdland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 11:48 AM   #11
chucks888
Pile O'Bones

Sting

orlandoandsaran: Thank you! Yeah, it was a definite blast, thanks for your compliments!<P>Birdland: Thanks! Yeah, the old cinerama dome is definitely still standing, and backed by a nice new complex-- very nice. Thanks very much for your kind words about my work-- the college education gave me a great laugh <P>Your vote for Bilbo is noted! heh (i ran out of options for the poll) Cheers!<P>-Chuck
Old 12-18-2002, 03:12 PM   #12
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arathiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arathiriel
Silmaril

Thanks for sharing your experience and pictures!<P>My, my, my but I must say Orlando Bloom is quite the brave soul to interact with the fans ae he did because I am sure that by now he is aware that there are MANY girls who go nuts over Legolas!<P>Just a quick question about John Rhys-Davies: How did he look that night? Did he look well? The reason I ask is because I heard he got hurt pretty seriously on the set of the lastest movie he was working on...
Old 12-18-2002, 08:32 PM   #13
chucks888
Pile O'Bones

Sting

You're welcome! Yeah I'm still surprised Orlando came out, but my only explanation is that he wasn't as tired of interacting with fans as everyone else was, since he wasn't at all the premieres.<P>JRD looked thin, he's been thin ever since the accident, and he did look a little tired too. He was at EVERY premiere prior to the L.A. one, and never disappointed the fans, even though, as someone recovering from a major accident, he should've been the least likely person to go out there and greet everyone.<P>Just shows you how much he respects the fans. Simply awesome.<P>-Chuck