Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2002, 04:08 PM   #121
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Daniel Telcontar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aduchil had not seen Fëaelenawen for a long time. She had grown beautiful. He had felt warm when she recognized him. He would have loved to stroll with her in the forest and talk about old days, but now was not the time. He had to think of the task at hand. Fëaelenawen's father was at the mercy of the uruks, and they could not delay their attack on Rivendell much longer. He began searching for Elenna, to convince her that they needed to be quick; They could not allow Rivendell to be at enemy hands for much longer.

[ May 19, 2002: Message edited by: Daniel Telcontar ]

[ May 20, 2002: Message edited by: Daniel Telcontar ]
Old 05-20-2002, 08:23 AM   #122
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nevtalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

Thrakatburz tried to close her mind down, but it was too late, Aman had slipped into the mind of Siluailwen and Thrakatbruz no longer had any control over what she saw. She saw only glimpses at first.

Silualiwen's memory had been erroded by years of neglect, but she clung still to a few things. The landscape where she had grown up, the lake, the flight of the birds in spring. Inside her self and yet distantly, Thrakatburz felt the memory welling up inside her, as Aman dug deeper and Siluailwen led her on. The vision of the thing she had loved most flashed before her eyes and the memory flooded back like a sudden rush of the tide and events more than four thousand years old became tangible once again.

A young elf was riding hard, her long hair streaming behind her in the wind. She clutched a bundle to her chest, and despite the bumping of the horse, the child was reassured by his mother's presence. Thrakatburz was beautiful, but Silualiwen was more so, her beauty was unmarred by cruelty hate and even now, a light shone from her eyes and cheeks glowed. A gentle radiance surrounded mother and child, like a bubble protecting them from the traumas of the world.

Behind her, Siluailwen could hear the clash of metal on metal and the battle cries of the orcs. "He cannot win" a voice spoke in her head and even though the sounds of battle were now faint, she felt his anguish, his fear that she and the child would not escape. She felt his pain. She forced herslef to ride on, to save herself and her son as he had wanted.

She felt the blow to his face, and saw him before her. Blood and sweat mingled and ran down his forehead into his eyes. His clothes were torn, his body scartched and bruised. A gash in his leg bled heavily, and he was on his knees. His swordarm hung limply at his side and he tried to wield his weapon in defense using only his left hand. She watched, not willing to see, yet unable to escape the vision, as the orc fired an arrow through his throat, and his body collapsed limply to the ground.

The horse stumbled, and Siluailwen was brought back to herself. A dreadful numbness filled every part of her body. She clutched her son tightly to her breast and unaware of the horrors his mother had seen, the child slept soundly. The horse knew where it was going and needed no guidance from its rider. They arrived just before nightfall and Siluailwen was helped from her horse and led to a room. The elves spoke to her, asked her her name and where she had come from, but she did not hear them or notice anything which happened to her that night. Whether she slept or not, she did not know, but the dark hours were long and tortuous.

It was her child who awoke her from her grief. Woken by the dawn light, he cried to be fed and held close to the warmth of his mother, but in this, he was dissapointed, for her warmth was already fading and she lacked the radiance which had surrounded her only hours before. Siluailwen rose from the bed and bathed her face before feeding her son and dessing herself to meet her father-in-law. Before long, she was called in front of him to ask what news she bore.

His face was haughty and impervious, as if the trivialities which she could tell him were of little worth, and yet she trusted him, and thought nothing of telling him the news she brought.

"Who are you, and why do you come here alone in such dark times?" he asked, his voice severe.
"I bring you news of your son, Elatar, but I fear it is not good." Siluailwen said, seeing the elf's joy at the metion of his son.
"Your son is dead, my lord, but he has left you with a grandson, though at this time, that may bring you no consolation." Crystal tears were by now rolling down her cheeks and droppping onto the floor.
"Give me the babe" He spoke with authority, and Siluailwen did not think to disagree, but meekly handed over the child. the elf drew a dagger from inside his cloak and raised it high.
"No! Please!" Siluailwen cried despairingly, but to no avial.
"I will not accept a bastard child into my family. He is not my grandson, my sons would never betray me; least of all Elatar." The dagger fell and with that stroke, all beauty was killed for Siluailwen. Again and again the dagger was raised. The cloth and the floor were drenched with blood and both mother and child screamed. Siluailwen grabbed her son from the clasp of his murderer, his grandfather, and the child died even as she took him into her arms. As she ran from the room, the blood soaked into her white dress, staining it forever. But it was not just the child's blood. The mother bled, as though she too had been stabbed through the heart.

Thrakatburz broke away from her opponent, pulling herself out of the other's mind and leaving Aman for a moment vulnerable, not quite in possesion of her own thoughts. But Thrakatburz was not thinking of attack. She turned her head so that Aman would not see her face, the pain and grief etched into her eyes. Her voice remained steady, and she knew she must convince the elf that what they had seen did not matter.

"I think black suits me better, don't you? The blood does not stain as much." She said with all the malice she could muster.
Old 05-20-2002, 09:17 AM   #123
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Sting

Elenna tried to seem as serene as Galadriel as she stood before the Fellowship of the Ring. It was hard. She had no practice at wearing such skirts. The companions had washed and changed, but they still seemed tired. AS she looked over at all of their faces, she found herself looking longer at the elf. She had never seen anyone look so arrogant in her life. By Elbereth! Was that a wink?
Old 05-20-2002, 11:24 AM   #124
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Stunned Amanaduial jerked swayed slightly as Thrakatburz broke away from the bond.She turned her face away."I think black suits me much better, dont you? It doesnt show the blood." Although her voice was as harsh as ever, Aman had felt her tears on her cheeks mingling with her own before she broke away. After a second the memories of everything she had seen in both their minds came flooding back to her, but she let them come. As the two strongest came last she closed her eyes as tears ran freely. The two sat in silence for a while before Aman spoke, needing to say what she had been thinking; after such openness she couldnt keep such a thing to herself.
"You see we are not so different."
Thrakatburz remained silent for a long moment before snapping back with her usual cynical harsh voice, now almost breaking."And how do you figure that one out, child?"she spat the last word.Amanaduial gulped and pressed on.
"We-we both have a terrible weakness from a memory. And both our familys were killed...in front of our eyes...."She closed her eyes again, as the memorys came back...The flames...the screams...her sister....Thrakatburz looked up sharply and sensing the movement Aman opned her eyes. The look the other elf wore was almost thoughtful, but sly.
"Tell me Amanaduial...now we have opened our minds to each other there is still something Id like to know..."raising her head to look Thrakatburz in the face, Amans puzzled expression made her go on."When did you get your powers?"
"I-I dont really know...i suppose when I was in childhood still-"
"no, I mean what big events had happened."
"I-"
"Had it happened?"
"I dont know, it-"
"So you didnt rush to help your family hmmm?"
"No!youre right, I, I dont think I had them before that."Putting her head in her hands Aman tried to shut out the now mingled memorys of herself and the other elf.The sly look returned to Thrakatburzs face. Very gently she raised Amanaduials chin with one slender finger so she was looking directly into her eyes.Silkily smooth, she continued.
"A few nights after my child had been murdered, I found myself venting my anger on things...without using my hands. I played mind games with those around me, teasing them,my bitterness twisting me. I drove Keldins father the old king insane! Others joined me when I left, bitter hard people, men, orcs, even rebel elves. We destroyed many people and places. Why-"still speaking softly she went on"-Your own village may have been one of them!But soon I felt the need for real power and haunted armies and camps, like this one.
Have you ever wondered where all those dark feelings inside you come from?I sensed them.And how they wish to be expressed?It would be so easy! Because like me, your powers come from your darkness!"
Amans eyes widened as she saw what Thrakatburz was getting at."No!"She whispered.
"Oh yes! I know you try to do good works, but really the true powers are at the root of all of it. You stumble around in the leaves, but you cant get rid of the roots. Like me, you are really a dark witch at heart.
Siluialwen cried out at that, as did Amanaduial. "No! Im not evil, I-I do r-right-"
"No Aman. you are at heart just as bad as me!" At that Aman looked up again into Thrakatburzs eyes, and remembered the fair tall maiden with the beautiful baby. She could still see the rememant of that in her eyes. Siluialwen wasnt gone yet. Dropping her voice she put her face even closer to the other elfs. Vety quietly...
"Yes maybe. But think, where does your heart truly lie?"
Old 05-20-2002, 01:03 PM   #125
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Shadow_Staar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Shadow_Staar Send a message via AIM to Shadow_Staar
Sting

Ala, stood next to Elenna, for she was her right hand. Ala saw Legolas wink at Elenna, and nudged her. The warrior-maid rolled her eyes,and shifted on her feet.
"stop moving." Ala quietly scolded, "And stand taller, look the part of a maid, or shall you retire to embroidry, hm?"
"No, never." Elenna smiled, and looked over the company one more time, she noticed the ring-bearer, and could tell he was heavy with doubt. Ala also noticed, and quiety felt sorry for him, He seemed so fragile, and tired. Ala would just have to bring his spirit up, she was determined to steal him away and have a little chat with the halfling.
Old 05-20-2002, 01:05 PM   #126
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

White-Hand

"I have no heart, Amanaduial, you should know that after all that you have seen. My heart was destroyed long ago. I'm no longer limited by my emotions, I can do what I want, whatever pleases me I can have. I have no pain, only pleausre." Thrakatburz's voice shifted, and became soft, reassuring, the voice of a mother calming a child after a nightmare.
"Wouldn't you like to be free of your pain? I felt it, it's so strong, but you don't need to bear it, you can get rid of it so easily. I don't want you to suffer more than you have to Aman."
Thrakatburz stood up and gently stroked Aman's hair. She wiped a tear from the elf's cheek, and her skin was soft and warm. Inside her, Siluailwen reminded Thrakatburz of her son. Of the way she had wiped away his tears in this way, of how the touch of his cheeks had felt this soft. But Thrakatburz had a goal now, and Siluailwen could not distract her from her aim. She was intent on her prey.
Old 05-20-2002, 02:08 PM   #127
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Manelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

He blinked and suddenly realized that he was in the middle of the orcish camp still, his hands bound to the pole that he leaned heavily on for support. How long had he been unconscious? Suddenly, his eyes focused on the mudcaked boots that stood in front of him. Keldin's eyes slowly followed up the legs to the large chest, then to the ugly puckered and scared face of the orc. A ruthless smile showed crooked, broken and black teeth, and the eyes that were probably once a beautiful blue, where black with unhindered hate for the elf that was helpless to all the orc wanted to do. The dagger was wrapped tightly in one gloved fist, but the arm hung limply at his side, the point stuck out, to show Keldin the threat.

"So you are awake, filthy elf?" The orc spat, his cruel eyes drilling into Keldin's.

Attempting to get on his feet, he realised that the ropes around his wrists were attached to a small peg at the base, refraining him from moving. "I wish it were not so, but I suppose I am awake." Keldin grumbled, vainly trying to twist his wrists free of the rope, but the cord bit deeper into his flesh, and he could feel the warm blood coarsing down his hands.

"You are going to wish you never woke, elf, for I am going to mess your pretty face up." The dagger came up slowly, the shadow of it fell on Keldin's face.

Slowly, the elf drew a breath, throwing his head back as far as it could go before it hit the wooden post, and he opened his mouth. Out poured the most beautiful sound; a sound that was enchanting, yet, mournful, it called.

"A Elbereth Gilthoniel o menel palan-diriel, le nallon
sí di-nguruthos! A tiro nin, Fanuilos!"

The orc recoilded as if it had been struck, clutching its ears, it dropped the knife. Keldin's foot quickly darted out and pulled the knife to him until he was sitting on his haunches, the knife under him. Slowly, he turned, dragging the knife to lean against the post. As he turned, the knife cut the ropes and he grabbed it, without even thinking, plunging it into the crying orc's heaving chest. It let out a piercing scream before it stilled.

"Where is she?" Keldin muttered to himself, his eyes scanning the camp for the tall dark haired elf.
Old 05-20-2002, 02:38 PM   #128
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Eye

Fëa stood in the middle of Celebmundoiel and Aduchil. He looked so clean and relaxed in his new clothes. He had changed greatly since the last time she saw him. His childly face grew more manlike. He was a little handsome...

Fëa snapped out of her trance and looked at the Fellowship. Four young Halflings. Two men, one was Aragorn, heir to the throne of Gondor. Thier was also one Elf and one Dwarf. She had heard og the Istari, Gandalf, who had fallen into shadow.

The second man, Boromir, was always looking at the Ringbearer/Hobbit. It looked as he was tempted by the ring.

The Hobbit looked troubled. It was as a great wait was on him.

"It looks like he needs some lembas..."Celeb chuckled. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2002, 05:11 PM   #129
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Sting

The introductions had been made, and the party begun. Elenna stood next to Glorfindel.
"I would rather face an army of Uruk-Hai on foot than stand here and act ladylike."
"I know, my love. So would I." They discussed all of the repulsive and painful things that would be preferable to the party until they were interuppted by the Prince of Mirkwood, Legolas.
"Well, hello, Glorfindel! It's been a while since Rivendell! And who's the pretty little lady?" The handsome blond elf leered in Elenna's direction. "Is she yours? Can I borrow her?" Glorfindel choked back a laugh.
"How about it, kitten? Would you like to dance with me? I've been a long time alone in the wild, and a pretty girl like you would make me feel all better!" Elenna fought the urge to spit in his eye. Unfortunately, she knew what her obligations were.
"Of course, Prince Legolas. I would be...honored." Glorfindel started to choke-laugh again, and Elenna shot him a look of pure, unadulturated venom before she let Legolas lead her onto the dance floor, his arm a little over-tight around her waist.
Old 05-21-2002, 02:55 AM   #130
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Rosa_Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rosa sat on the bed silently.Her body shivered from the cold as a big gust of wind made its way though the broken window next to her.
Rosas face was pale and white and her skin was tight around her small bones.Her eyes once full of laugter but where now clouded and lifeless.No smile appeared of her pale pink lips and no laughter was heard escape from her mouth only the words 'There is not hope fo me now' came and all her happyness left her mind perhaps never to come back again.
The pain of her wounds didnot hurt the only pain she felt was mental.Her mind was dead no love,happyness nor joy was felt only pain, suffering and crulty was there.
For now anyway.
Old 05-21-2002, 12:16 PM   #131
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

"Wouldn't you like to be free of your pain? I felt it, it's so strong, but you don't need to bear it, you can get rid of it so easily. I don't want you to suffer more than you have to Aman."
The other elf stroked her cheeks softly, wiping away tears. Memories, old painful memories stirred inside Amanaduial as she thought fuzzily of the way her mother had done this. Siluialwen must have done this to her child as well...
"Why must you get rid of what could be such a wonderful power? Your mother was taken away, as was my child. I felt the power in him as well...maybe it is time both of us stopped being such loners-can yiu imagine the results if we put our powers together? Two dark witches combined...the sheer power..." Amanaduial, lulled by her soft voice thought vaguely what a good idea this was. Anything if this wonderful elf would stay with her-

burning houses..the screams....the tall dark figure, smiling cruely at her dying family...

The old memory came racing back to her and she sat up sharply. She was so tired and weak, but she could not let herself go. "Is this how you treated your son?"She lashed out verbally. Quick as a grass snake Thrakatburzs hand shot out, catching Aman full across the face with the flat of her hand,spinning her around.Touching her mouth she felt and tasted blood. She looked slowly up at Thrakatburz, who now had real pain in her eyes. The other witch knelt beside Amanaduial, who tried not to flinch away, in case of another strike, but the other witch looked almost fragile. It could all be an act...keep telling yourself that...
"Dont you see child- I was serious...have you never wanted to hurt the ones who so badly hurt you? Come with me.You felt my power-come and have revenge!" Aman was puzzled; was this what she wanted? She opened her mouth to speak but was stopped as Keldin burst through the door, a knife in his bloody hands. Seeing Aman bleeding on the floor, he gave a roar and raced at his enemy Thrakatburz...
Old 05-21-2002, 12:57 PM   #132
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

White-Hand

Thrakatburz dodged Keldin's ill-timed and unprepared assault easily. Whirling round she drew her dagger swiftly, poised to fly at her enemy. The blood red rubies at her throat were reflected in her eyes, powerful and malicious. She saw the look of fear and apprehension in Aman's eyes as she knelt still on the ground. Blood began to drip from her chin and Thrakatburz hoped she would not take this opportunity to flee, she was so close to conversion. The slap had knocked her wits from her for the moment, and Thrakatburz knew that if she dispatched Keldin quickly, Aman's curiosity would keep her where she was.
Keldin was stiff and tired, having been left tied for so long, but he was stronger and taller than his female antagonist. If had been only a battle of strength, he would easily have won, but Thrakatburz was lithe and nimble, capable of dodgy her assailant and countering his moves quickly. She was intent upon her aim, Keldin was merely a distraction to be disposed of as quickly and easily as possible. She would not make the mistake of letting him live agian, and she was not afraid to use her powers. The man who had contributed so greatly to the discovery of her powers would be the first to feel her full wrath.
"See what revenge can do for you child." She said to Aman, like a teacher to a child who refuses to accapt a proven fact.
Old 05-21-2002, 01:10 PM   #133
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Silmaril

Rosa's legs swayed as stumbled to the balconey window.The veiw was amazining from there.The light streamed through the window where she stood and the smell of fresh air flooded her lungs.
For the first time in nearly a week a hint of a smile creeped over her lips and her eyes where once again filled with joy and happyness.She stepped onto the balconey and looked down the ground was far and she would kill herself if she tired to jump but Rosa had a better plan.
She stood onto the balconey side and leaped towards a nearby tree.Her small hands gripped onto th branch she was aiming for and the pain in her arms came flooding back but she didnt let herself to let go of the branch.Rosa struggled and managed to sit herself onto the branch.
Old 05-21-2002, 01:25 PM   #134
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Sting

Rosa stumbled down the tree carefully.A smile was on her face and she quickly climbed down the tree.She coud see freedom and so close to it but she fell and lost her grip on the hugh oak tree.
Her head cracked as he hit the hard ground and a shriek escaped for her mouth as blood poured from her head wound.The pain stabbed at her like a sharp knife and her arms and legs went limp.
A blackness surged over her eyes keeping her from seeing the beautyful sky but the bliss of sleep was to strong for her and suddinly her world went black.
Old 05-21-2002, 01:32 PM   #135
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Ala stood next to Glordindel, and they both laughed at Elenna. For a moment, they didnt try to kill each other, which was good. Ala looked over to Elenna again, saw her cringe, as Legolas called her kitten.
"She's gonna kill him if he doesnt stop, would you mind the rest of this dance?" Ala cringed as did he, but he accepted and took out on the floor, and they danced. It was awkard, but they still did. THey danced up right behind Elenna.
"Elenna, calm down, and flow with it, just relax, and ignore him, remember i have the fire, and you have the sword, we can always burn him..." Ala smiled at her.
"Yes, but he isnt calling you kitten," She hissed, but then smiled at him, "Wait are u guys dancing? WOW, now i know that the world is ending, this is scaring me..." ALa just smiled, and the song stopped, and they went back to the table.
Old 05-21-2002, 01:34 PM   #136
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Aman watched the fight, her eyes almost glazed over. She felt sick with fatigue and was tired of being confused. As she sat struggling with her feelings, another of the cursed visions hit her...that hobbit again...
Rosa...alone...the blood over her hands.....elven blood.....the tears....the sadness
Shocked she hadnt realised that Rosa had gone, Aman shook her head out of the vision. The hobbit felt alone,rejected- Aman didnt know what she felt at the moment, but she knew that no one should feel like that. She whispered a goodbye to Thrakatburz as she softly slipped herself away to Rivendell, still missing the hidden Elrond under the blankets.

She landed elegantly in the great hall, now spoiled and dirty from the careless orcs. Some still lounged about the destroyed once-rich furniture, chewing off bones. Amans eyes flashed fury at them, for even though these were elven bones, all her being was currently directed towards Rosa, and these orcs would not stop her. Launching herself from the rafters where she sat, she launched a knife at two of the orcs and dispatched the other by stabbing him with one of her sais. Sheathing it again she looked around impersonally. This was not her home. She had no home. But as she walked over to the large now torn wall hanging, she drew it back, producing a harp of fine yew wood. Throwing caution to the winds she drew her fingers across the strings on one side, and they thrummed softly. Leaning on a just standing carved chair, she started a tune, composed millenia ago by the maia themselves. Her fingers flew across the strings, melodies and harmonies combining beautifully and eerily and she joined it with her voice, smooth and enchanting. The supersticious orcs were few around Rivendell, most having gone to check the grounds, and they thought of ghosts rumoured to haunt all elven halls. They were of little importance to Aman anyway. All that mattered at the moment was that she could stop at least the hobbits suffering, no matter what side she was on. All she had to do was wait for Rosa to hear the gentle call of the harp...
Old 05-21-2002, 01:47 PM   #137
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Sting

A soft enchanting sound reached osas ears as she lied on the hard stones at the bottom of the tree.She sound soothed her and she sat up with great pain in her head as her blood rushed out of her wound.
"Amanaduial."She whispered as the singing grew softer.Her head felt light and everytime she tried to stand her feet failed her and she crashed to the ground again.
"Amanaduial save me."She whispered as her face turned white and she fainted for the lack of blood.
Old 05-21-2002, 01:58 PM   #138
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Amanaduial felt the hobbit cry out again inside her mind. She continued the song as she left the harp, and seemed to sing in more than one voice. As she reached out to Rosa with her being she got a flash of the poor hobbit lying on the floor. Not wanting to use to much magic she went to the place by the secret passages, contenting herself with walking, remembering the times she and Elenna had sneaked down these together, tow naughty children. It seemed a world away, as if it was a different person in Amans place. As she came to the hobbits side, Rosa opened her eyes blearily and saw the sorceress beside her. Aman lifted her head and top half, hugging her like a very small child as she tocked her backwards and forwards.
"I thought you wouldnt come..."
"Shhh...Im here now Rosa..."Aman held her tightly as she was her own child, bringing her thoughts back to Siluialwen, and the creature in her place. She stilled the thoughts and allowed herself, just for a while, to relax and live completely in the moment, thinking not of orcs, not of magic, not of anything but the calm peaceful surroundings as she rocked the hobbit backwards and forwards, allowing the hobbit to be healed, at least partly, physically, even though she herself was so far from being healed inside...
Old 05-21-2002, 02:15 PM   #139
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

"Fëaelenawen, Milady, would you mind a dance with me?" Aduchil asked.

"Um..no, I guess not." Fëaelenawen and Aduchil walked onto the dance floor. She felt at easy beside him, although she hated her clothes that made her skin itch. His face seemed to glow.

"I wish I had someone to dance with..." Celeb murmmered. A young Elf came from behind Galadriel. They danced.
Old 05-22-2002, 06:56 AM   #140
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
Sting

Rivendell, once a paradise.. now a decadent hellhole teeming with the lowlife of Middle-Earth.

The Uruks and Orcs hold council at Rivendell, there is much beer guzzling and barbaric feasting.
Then Azruk raises up his hands to quieten the mobs, he closes his eyes stands up, legs apart.
A towering figure! He begins to chant. In his mind he reaches out to Elenna and feels the fear and hatred in her heart, he feels her respond. He knows she can read these mental projections he hurls toward her, he feels her shudder. His evil dark thoughts creep into her mind.

He Chants aloud -

"Murder I am, you know it was me
I was the one, that Lalaith didn't see
I was the cut, down to her bone
I put her there under that stone

I, I am the blade, I am the dream of the brave
I, I am the knife, I bring grief to your life
I, I am the axe, to drop you down in your ranks
I, I am the sword, I am the word of the Dark Lord

Do what you will, I bring you the edge
I will be the one to sever your head
I cut so deep, I can cut straight
All depends on the moves you make

I, I am the blade, I am the promise unmade
I, Iam the knife, I bring death to your life
I, I am the axe, to stop you dead in your tracks
I, I am the sword, I bring the fear of the Dark Lord

Centuries pass, dust in the wind
I shall remain, sining in sin
The metal I am, the iron you feel
The song of the dead, the chorus of steel

I, I am the blade, I break the oath that you made
I, I am the mace, I am the blow in the face
I, I am the axe, to cut down heroes like rats
I, I am the sword, I do the work of the Dark Lord

And the Orcs shout out in coarse cruel voices - "HEY! HEY!"
Old 05-22-2002, 09:08 AM   #141
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Sting

Elenna stiffened. She could feel Azruk in her mind. His malice caused her heart to burn within her. As her spine became rigid, Legolas came out of his quasi-orgasmic reverie.
"What's the matter, kitten? Did I step on your feet?" His voice was mocking. "I know you have felt very little pain in your life, you being a member of the weaker sex"
"Though I am female, I seriously doubt whether I am weaker, Legolas Greenleaf."
"Really." He was positively amused. Then, changing the subject, he said "So you fled from Rivendell. A sad thing that happened there. I wish I could meet the commander of your army - I could offer him the assistance of Mirkwood elves."
Elenna wanted to laugh, but she needed the reinforcements, so she allowed the stupid elf to remain in his fantasy world where all women loved him. She had more important things to think of.
"Azruk, enjoy Rivendell. I am returning. Then, you will feel agony worse than that when you killed my sister."
Old 05-22-2002, 09:16 AM   #142
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Ala, tho graceful she may be, could not dance very well, and it didnt help when Glordindal laughed at her. She just smiled a fake smile, and consciencly watched her feet. As the song was coming to a close he spun her, she tripped, fell into Fea, and caused the poor elf to fall on a table full of candels, Glorfindal caught Ala, but couldnt catch Fea, She screamed as her dress caught fire. Every one turned to look at her, and Ala backed away as Fea cursed her, and blamed her. Fea wouldn't move she just laid there screaming and cursing and convulsing, until Elenna rushed over, and poured the punch bowl on the "Flamming Fea". Elenna helped her up, and the poor elf ran out of the room.
"Oops, i didnt mean to do that." Ala said, but she laughed, it WAS funny.
"It's ok, at least we wont here her complain aobut the dress." Elenna said.
Old 05-22-2002, 12:11 PM   #143
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

From her peaceful trance, Amanaduial suddenly woke at a sound from above her. The rhythmic stamping of feet and the clash of swords against daggers became stronger and stronger and she soon heard a voice join them. Azruk. Another of the happiness destroyers. Therefore her enemy. She started to get up.
Rosa stirred on her lap, murmering in her sleep. Amanaduial calmed her rising temper; she could not leave the hobbit in such a place alone again. She could not stay and fight. She also sensed Elenna was in trouble..Elenna; her friend?who was her friend though.....

Lifting the hobbit she focused her mind.She was not altogether eager to use her magic again-after all wasnt it dark magic?-but she had to get there soon, and neither she nor Rosa would have the strength to ride all that way. Her eyes blackened again and she whispered the words with the now awakening hobbit in her arms.

As Elenna was once again twirled by Legolas, she had now got to the stage of wondering just how she would kill him, speaking under her breath so the arrogant elf couldnt hear.
"Cut off his head maybe?No possibly to fast..." Her musings were interupted as she caught a movement from the side of the hall. Grateful for the excuse, she broke away from the dance, looking over to the side of the hall, her eyes widening in surprise as she saw the two figures lying on the floor.
Rosa had now awoken and was regarding Frodo from across the hall with shaky delight."Why Frodo Baggins! Its Rosa!Your mothers 2nd cousin once removed?" The two hobbits ran to greet each other, but the other figure lay still immobile on the floor. From the red hair Elenna recognized Aman, as she pushed herself up to reveal her pale face, blood coming from a small cut in her forehead. Elenna and Glorfindel ran over to her, Elenna hugging her in delight, but Aman stiffened.
"Aman its me, Elenna?Your friend?"her voice was slightly doubtful.The other elf regarded her impersonally like a stranger.
"Elenna, I have brought a wandering hobbit. She was in trouble. I have been with the witch...Silui-Thrakatburz I mean. She-We-I had..." her voice faltered and broke. Continuing in a whisper she spoke to Elenna alone.
"I have seen many things. Azruk is coming too. Thrakatburz is not everything she seems...and I saw Lailath..." Elenna gasped in surprise. Aman staggered slightly before falling into Glorfindels arms, fatigue overwhelming her.
Old 05-22-2002, 02:03 PM   #144
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elenna stood alone, her back against the trunk of a Mallorn tree. The high spirits she had been in when Fea had ignited were gone. Over her shoulder, she could hear Glorfindel's voice, quiet and deep. He was talking to someone. Looking over her shoulder, she saw it was Legolas.
"Great. Just what I need. He's probably asking Glorfindel for permission to seduce me. Freak." Stealthily moving closer, she heard the true subject of their conversation. They were discussing the tactics at the Battle of the Bruinen.
"Well, obviously, it was the error on the part of the commander."
"It most definitely was not. Our commander is a brilliant tactician. We just weren't prepared for the numbers or the strength. The next time, we will be."
"Where is your commander? I want to talk to him. He must be a very brave man. What did you say his name was?" Elenna couldn't resist any more.
"My name is Elenna Starsong, Legolas Greenleaf."
"Oh, that's nice, kitten, but Glorfindel and I are having manly talk now, about war. Nothing a pretty maiden like you would be interested in." Glorfindel started laughing into his wineglass again at the utter stupidity of the Mirkwood elf.
"Legolas, I would like to re-introduce Elenna Starsong. She commands Rivendell's army." Elenna smiled and curtsied prettily. Legolas's face turned white and then red.
"A MAIDEN? Commanding ELROND's army? This must be some sort of joke." A deep voice from behind the group spoke out.
"It is no jokw." Through the trees strode Aragorn, son of Arathorn. "Elenna, it is good to see you again. It has been a long time." Turning back to Legolas, he said "Elenna and I trained together while I lived at Rivendell. Why don't you go sit down. You look like you could use it, Legolas. And do not provoke this maiden any further. She could slice you twenty different ways before you knew what was happening."
Old 05-22-2002, 02:22 PM   #145
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Fëa was VERY emabaressed. Her grandmother would be very mad for burning one of her dresses.

She walked to her room and changed. She now had a dark blue dress on with no sleves.

Aduchil walked in, after she was done changing.
"You know, that WAS funny." Aduchil said. Fëa laughed a little.
"You have become a great warrior. You are more of a man than I am..."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, being the daughter of Elrond, you would not think of you bieng a warrior." Aduchil comented.

"Yes."

"Well, If you don't mind, I would like to finish that dance we started..."
Old 05-23-2002, 04:50 PM   #146
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Kurhg stood up, the effects of Celebmundoiel's attack had worn off this massive Uruk. He strode out of the tent and walked towards Thrakatburz's tent.... she was sitting on the floor, in a mediative trance. He grunted loudly breaking the witches concentration.

She glared at him and he lowered his leering eyes. "Azruk command... w..we... go to Rivvnd-ell," the behemoth stuttered.

Thrakatburz haughtily threw her haed back and ignored the uruk, " So he wants me there, does he? What am I, his personal plaything.... begone , you animal, I will go when I see fit," she hissed and looked nervously around.

Kurhg ambled away, dragging his knuckles. He wasn't much for words but war loomed over the horizon and it was there where he headed to utilise his talents.
Old 05-24-2002, 03:40 AM   #147
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Sting

Roa looked around her.Many races surrounded her. Elves, dwarves, men and.......
"FRODO!!"Rosa shouted getting up but stumbleing and fell into his waiting arms.
"Sam, Merry and pippin!What are you lot doing here??"
"We can say the same for you miss Rosa."Smiled sam and Rosa smiled back
"Have you been following me my dear cousin??"Said Frodo.His voice dripping with sarcassem
Old 05-24-2002, 08:47 AM   #148
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Sting

Elenna no longer wished to celebrate. Aman's return and the malice of azruk that she could still feel at the back of her mind had effectively killed her good spirits and had reminded her of her task. "Well, at least I danced one last time with Glorfindel," she thought. "I may never have that chance again." Elenna shuddered, remembering what she had seen in Galadriel's mirror. All she wanted at that moment was to feel his arms around her, to assure herself that he was alive and well, but she had other tasks to finish first.
"Everyone, please listen! All of you who are coming back to Rivendell to fight need to follow me to the Council Chamber. We have much to plan." Elenna's voice rang out sharp and clear over the crowd. She strode over to Celebmundoiel. "Celeb, go and find Fea and Aduchil. THey are in her chamber. Bring them to the council. Then go and get the Lord and Lady. Any other warriors you see are invited."

The storm was in motion.
Old 05-24-2002, 11:18 AM   #149
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

White-Hand

Thrakatburz sighed as the uruk left her tent, he was neither perceptive nor clever, but she knew that if she did not go to Azruk soon, he would come to her and he was sharper than most uruks. Better to be in Rivendell, away from any chance of discovery, she would be able to face him better there, he would not be suspicious.

She lifted the skins to check on her captive's bindings before leaving him.
"It could be so much easier, all you have to do is tell me where you hid the ring, and I'll stop torturing you, Lord Elrond." Her voice was sing-song, condescending and sarcastic in a tone only the truly malicious can achieve. "There is an easier way." She contiued, bending close to his face "Where's the ring?" She hissed.
Elrond made no noise and no movement.
"Very well then, we'll do this your way, the result is much the same and I get to have fun. Just make sure you tell me before I get angry!" She ground the heel of her shoe into the palm of his hand before throwing the skin over him again and leaving the tent in search of a horse to take her to Rivendell.
Old 05-24-2002, 11:34 AM   #150
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

"Everyone, please listen! All of you who are coming back to Rivendell to fight need to follow me to the Council Chamber. We have much to plan."

From her half awake state Aman listened to Elennas speech. As the anxious leader passed Amans door, Aman heard her sigh.
"Dont worry so much. You neednt worry about Glorfindel." Elenna turned in surprise to see Amanaduial sitting with her legs crossed on the side of the bed, her eyes on Elenna. "How-how did you know about...You seem to have changed so much."
Aman smiled sadly at her friend, her eyes deep and sad. With a small sigh she stood, surveying the new clothes she had been changed into. soft white doe-skin trousers and a matching jacket were so soft against her skin, and she saw a knife belt and bow strap on the end of her bed. They were some of the most beautiful clothes she had ever seen, let alone worn, and even better she wasnt wearing a dress! Elenna laughed as she looked her up and down. "Lucky you, no dress to fight with!" As Aman started to put on the belt and strap, Elenna started up, stopping her hand. "Surely you arent coming my friend?"
Aman stared at her as if she was a child. "You expect me not to? Come on, the others are waiting!"
She strode out of the room as if she had never even been away. Elenna stood behind her, her mouth opening and shutting like a fish before hurrying after Aman to get to the Council room of the Lord and Lady...
Old 05-24-2002, 01:18 PM   #151
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Ala stood alone in her room. She changed out of the dress and now wore her black breaches, boots, shirt, and cloak. Her gorgeous hair was now back in a long braid, and at her side was her fathers sword. She looked into the mirror, and saw herself. She shook her head, and sighed. She was confused. SHe heard her mothers voice in her head telling her she was wrong to choose the side of good, she could here her mother curse her, and tell her she was nothing but a scared child. She remembered the day her mother died. That was the last day she cried. Her mother told her not to cry, it was weak, and that only children cry.
She straightened up, and looked into the mirror agian. SHe put her mothers voice out of her head, and stood proud of who she was. But then again, she was angry with her self, she let her feelings get to her, and that was a weakness in her eyes.
A knock came at her door, and in walked Elenna, "C'mon Tiri, are you ready?"
Alateriel nodded, and followed her friend to the meeting hall.
Old 05-24-2002, 01:36 PM   #152
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Amanaduial watched as the elf in dark clothes followed Elenna out of a side room into the hall with an unhappy look on her face. Without being able to stop herself, she got a flash of the others thoughts at the surface of her mind.

is weak to cry child, weak! Do not cry for me, simply carry out my last wish; the force of good? They will let you down girl. "Thick as Thieves", remember that...

Amanaduial looked up sharply at the stranger and at the same time their eyes met. Aman touched her forehead, stroking down her nose in a greeting. Ala did the same.
Aman walked quickly around the side of the hall to get to the mysterious elf. She did the same.
"Greetings Aman, I didnt introduce you to-"
"Alateriel. Alateriel Darkstar." Ala cut her off, not wanting to seem like she was just lounging in the background.
"Amanaduial. May I talk to you?" Aman did not give the last bit of her name, Tuarcuar; why should she be labled as just an archer when she could be so much more...or so Thrakatburz had said...
They stepped to the side.
"Alateriel-"
"Amanaduial-" They both laughed nervously. Both sensed about the other something strange, something so similar to their own powers and feelings about them. Aman opened her mouth to start again, but fell silent as the Lord Celeborn and Lady Galadriel practically glided into the room.
"I will talk to you later Alateriel. Let us go to their council." Aman whispered in Alas ear as they walked towards the long table.
Old 05-24-2002, 01:56 PM   #153
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Sting

Elenna stood before the gathering of warriors. "This is not good." she thought, as she looked over the relatively small number of elven archers of Lorien and those who had escaped from Rivendell, as well as a motley gathering of Men.
"First of all, everyone, I would like to implore you to help me. If any of you have connections to any others in this world, please ride and ask them for aid. We do not have half of the numbers we need to attack Azruk outright." Several shifted in their chairs.
"Next, I need to assemble a small force of archers. Only about 200. You will ride to Rivendell under the command of Amanduial. You will be hiding in the trees, shooting any yrch that pass Rivendell's gates. Once Aman has healed, you will leave. She will be picking you individually." Elenna grinned suddenly.
"We will teach him the meaning of fear. He won't be able to leave the dwelling he has conquered. After I have amassed a large enough army, I also will ride to Rivendell. If Tiri and Aman can disguise us well enough, a large number of us can actually infiltrate his army. He will learn to look over his shoulder, because every once in a while, I will be there, waiting."
Old 05-24-2002, 03:14 PM   #154
Celebmundoiel
Animated Skeleton

Celebmundoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Celebmundoiel ran towards the chamber where Fea and Aduchil were. When she entered she greeted them and said “Elenna wishes to speak to every one we must go now.” Fea and Aduchil followed Celeb to where Elenna spoke, they had already missed some of her speech already. Fea, Aduchil and Celeb quickly took a seat and waited to find out the plan of action.
Roaming in the night through the shadows. You cannot hear me, you cannot see me. I am as agile as a cat. As I run I am low to the ground. I climb trees in a second and run on the branches as if they were the earth’s surface. My appearance is deceitful, I can take life as well as spare. I am Celebmundoiel.
Old 05-24-2002, 03:34 PM   #155
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Sting

Rosa walked though the hugh trees of lorien and thought and what Aman had told her about the battle in Rivendell against the evil that captured Rivendell and the dear Lord Elrond.
The scars on her face and hands could easyly be seen though the little light that managed to sneak though the gaps in the canopy of branches overhead.
Then thought hit her like a ton of stone smashing onto her at once.She would join the army and fight the evil creatures that loomed in the beautyful Rivendell now.She would seek revenge for what they did to her and die for it.
She took out a glass bottle from her breeches pocket and looked at it thoughtfully.The drink that she found at the elven valley.The drink that was red as blood and smelt like rotting flesh.It was,that she now knew, as Orc Draught.The drink that gave orcs strenght and energy to fight but without it they would be weak and slow.
She smiled and Rosa tighted her grip on the bottle and ran to the room where he army was meeting.

[ May 24, 2002: Message edited by: Rosa_Baggins ]
Old 05-25-2002, 02:47 AM   #156
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Azruk's massive fist plowed into Murhks bloodied face and the orc flew halfway across the hallway. As he landed with a thud, Azruk pounced on him and lifted his ragged body with one massive hand, his grip tightened.

"Where is the creature that I had left in your charge?" He demanded, snarling.

The Orc mumbled incoherently and looked forlorn. Azrul's eyes flashed red, it was now that he remembered Lord Sauron's instruction of having need of such Halflings and that he had let one pass right through his fingers.

With a swift flick of his wrist he snapped the orc's neck and threw it aside. It landed limply on the floor, quite dead.

"Set my best tracers and Trackers on the trail of the halfling, she is worth this war to us now, move!" Azruk commanded.

He walked back in and sat down, wondering if Thrakatburz would be on her way or also had met the fate of Narcis and Sokursh.

But with his newer more powerful army, he was sure to crush whatever force Elenna could muster over and bring to reclaim the citadel. Little did he know that She already possessed the key to his defeat, the very key that he let slip through his fingers.
Old 05-25-2002, 03:45 AM   #157
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Silmaril

A smile appeared on her face.Wiping away all the memories that had happened to her in the Elven valley.
Pushing past many Elves and other people walking though the hallways,she came to a wooden door decorated with small carvings of flowers that where found in and around the grounds of lothlorien.She knocked on the mazive door and stepped inside.
"Yes lady Rosa.May i help you?"Came a voice that she didnt know of which it belonged.
"I am here to join you!"Rosa announced
Old 05-25-2002, 04:41 AM   #158
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

"Aman will be individually picking you. Elennas speech made Aman sit up in surprise. "I will?Well no-one told me!" She said under her breath. Alatiriel laughed quietly before stopping as she heard the next bit..
"If Tiri and Aman can disguise us well enough, a large number of us can actually infiltrate his army."
Alas laugh stopped indigntly. Now it was Amans turn to laugh. "Well my fine friend, no pressure or anything but looks like were gonna be stuck together for a while!" She smiled at Ala, who returned the smile.
At that moment the door opened and an excited looking Rosa flew in. She looked nervously around likeone who had thought on the spur of the moment, before Aman caught her eye.
"Welcome Rosa. Well done!" She mouthed at the little hobbit. Rosa looked slightly more comfortable.
As the council started to disperse to get ready, Aman caught sight of the bottle in Rosas hand, and her smile faded. She started to walk towards Rosa, murmering to Ala.
"I think our friends the yrchs have REALLY over stepped the line with this one..."
Old 05-25-2002, 04:51 AM   #159
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

White-Hand

Thrakatburz kicked the horse until its flank bled, but it could go no faster. She wanted to get to Rivendell quickly, to find out why Azruk had called for her. She had been interupted at a crucial point and she wished to get back to her trance as soon as possible so as not to lose the advantage she had gained, but she knew she must placate the uruk before she would be allowed the peace she needed to perform such a difficult feat. Worming yuor way into someone's mind without them knowing was hard enough when they were willing and when you had contact with them, but doing it remotely, to someone who did not want you there was almost impossible and would require a great expenditure of enegy. thrakatburz kicked the horse again, more out of spite than because she hoped it would make it go faster. Inside Amanaduial somewhere, there was darkness, if she could reach it before she spent her strength, it would let her into the sorceress's mind and that would be a great advantage both now and later.
Old 05-25-2002, 08:24 AM   #160
The Viking Thunder
Animated Skeleton

The Viking Thunder has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hogarth, the third son of Thorard, Guard of the Steward, was wounded. He clung to his horse for dear life as he rode towards Lothlorien where he knew he had friends. He was a ranger and had served with Aragorn, son of Arathorn and with the armies of Gondor. He hadn't however expected to find Elenna and Amanaduial there, two of whom he owed his life to at one time and would be ready to return the favour.

His head throbbed and blood dried on his festering shoulder wound, he grew dizzier every passing moment. at last the golden woods of Lorien was in sight, he was so overjoyed he passed out. His horse, a frightened plaid mare galloped on furiously and it would take an elf experienced in handling terrified horses to calm Damselle.