The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2004, 01:34 AM   #241
rutslegolas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

rutslegolas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to rutslegolas Send a message via Yahoo to rutslegolas
Sting

And some "H" s please.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:47 AM   #242
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
... your --o--edge is so great that I ha-e o--y t-i-e -e-tured -o te-- you a-ythi-g.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 12:08 AM   #243
rutslegolas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

And a "V" please .
Old 10-22-2004, 12:55 AM   #244
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
... your --o--edge is so great that I have o--y t-i-e ve-tured to te-- you a-ythi-g.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 10-22-2004, 07:18 AM   #245
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Tuor of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
"l"s, please.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:14 AM   #246
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Good choice, Tuor!

... your --o-ledge is so great that I have o-ly t-i-e ve-tured to tell you a-ythi-g.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:17 PM   #247
rutslegolas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

And some "N"s.
Old 10-23-2004, 02:38 AM   #248
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I was waiting for someone to choose that letter, rutslegolas! It really is important to the sentence.
Quote:
... your -no-ledge is so great that I have only t-i-e ventured to tell you anything.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:24 PM   #249
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadel Vinorel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
Question

May I take a stab at it?

I believe that this is correct.

Quote:
... your knowledge is so great that I have only twice ventured to tell you anything.
Was I right, Estelyn?
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll
Galadel Vinorel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 11:43 PM   #250
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

You have the quote right, Galadel - now all you need to do is to say who said it, then the floor is yours!
Old 11-09-2004, 07:30 AM   #251
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
week gone...

With a proviso that next quote is still to be asked by Galadel Vinorel, as I do not intend to play a vulture here, I'll answer that question

That was King of Faery (Prentice) to retired Master Cook Nokes at their last meeting, just before the former provided the latter with the effective diet recipe

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 07:36 AM   #252
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Correct, HI - it's been a week since Galadel posted on the Downs, so if she doesn't take her turn within the next few days, please post a new quote so that this worthy thread does not die!
Old 11-19-2004, 05:45 AM   #253
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

another week gone

So here's the next one:

Quote:
----‘- --- ----, ----‘- --- ----? --‘- -- ---- -------, --- ----

Last edited by HerenIstarion; 11-19-2004 at 05:59 AM. Reason: mysterious blending of two -'s into one to be corrected
Old 11-19-2004, 05:55 AM   #254
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

T, please
Old 11-19-2004, 05:58 AM   #255
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

---t‘- --- t---, ---t‘- --- t---? -t‘- -- ---- -------, --- ----

Old 11-19-2004, 07:59 AM   #256
rutslegolas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

And some "A"s please .
Old 11-19-2004, 08:05 AM   #257
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

with pleasure

--at‘- a-- t---, --at‘- a-- t---? -t‘- -- ---- -------, --- ----

Old 11-19-2004, 08:44 AM   #258
rutslegolas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

And some "S"sssss please.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:48 AM   #259
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
"r"s, please.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:20 AM   #260
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

TSAR? would not it be King in Russian?

As you wish:

Quote:
--at‘s a-- t--s, --at‘s a-- t--s? -t‘s -- --s- --r----, --- ----

Old 11-19-2004, 10:32 AM   #261
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"h"s?
Old 11-19-2004, 10:35 AM   #262
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

...and L please...
Old 11-19-2004, 10:40 AM   #263
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Oh, I don't need the rest of the letters; I've already found it!
Quote:
What's all this, what's all this? It's my busy morning, you know.
Farmer Giles of Ham
Old 11-19-2004, 10:55 AM   #264
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

Yes, your grace

The floor is yours

Old 11-19-2004, 11:24 AM   #265
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Here's a new one:
Quote:
------- --- --- -------, ----------- --- ----- ---- --- --- ----- -----_---
(The _ stands for a -)
Old 11-19-2004, 03:54 PM   #266
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

T's, please

Old 11-19-2004, 05:21 PM   #267
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

and "a"?
Old 11-19-2004, 11:46 PM   #268
rutslegolas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

And so "R"s please.
Old 11-20-2004, 02:20 AM   #269
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

------- --- ar- -------, -r---t----- t-- ----- ---- a-- t-- -r--- -at-r_rat
Old 11-20-2004, 02:58 AM   #270
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

Golderry to Tom Bombadil:

Quote:
'Bubbles you are blowing, frightening the finny fish and the brown water-rat

Old 11-20-2004, 09:28 AM   #271
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Wow, HI, you're fast! Good job - and what's next?
Old 11-20-2004, 10:19 AM   #272
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

water-rat was a clue

next one:

Quote:
-- -- -- ---- ------ -- -- ------------- -------- --- -------- ---- ---------- -----, -- ---‘- ----

Old 11-20-2004, 01:44 PM   #273
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"n"s?
Old 11-20-2004, 02:23 PM   #274
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

Lot of N's in there

Quote:
-- -- -- ---- n----- -- -- -----n--n--n- --n---n- -n- --n---n- ---- --n------- -----, -- --n‘- --n-

Old 11-23-2004, 02:38 AM   #275
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Any "T"s?
Old 11-23-2004, 09:04 AM   #276
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White Tree

"u"s?
Old 11-23-2004, 04:15 PM   #277
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

-- -t -- --u- n-t--- t- -- -----n-unt-n- --n---n- -n- --n---n- ---- --nt---u-- -----, -t --n‘t --n-

Old 11-25-2004, 02:21 PM   #278
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
may I ask for the E's ?
Old 11-25-2004, 02:45 PM   #279
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

of course you may!

-- -t -- --u- n-t--- t- -- -----n-unt-n- --n---n- -n- --n---n- ---e --nte--u-- -e---, -t --n‘t --ne

Old 11-25-2004, 03:32 PM   #280
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.

"If it is your notion to go dragonhunting jingling and dingling like Canterbury Bells, it ain't mine."
Farmer Giles explaining to the people why he hid his "mailcoat" under a cloak