The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 06:37 AM   #4841
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Kath was planning to get a game going sometime this month.
Yeah that was the impression I got, but I could see no signs of the admin threat... I thought I better ask, instead of risking missing out.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:28 AM   #4842
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
So, is this happening, or...?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:17 PM   #4843
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Alright alright I'm here! Only 10 days later than I said which isn't too bad for my memory. Admin thread going up in half an hour and all you eager beavers can sign up please.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:35 AM   #4844
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Righty-ho then, who's next in the hosting queue?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 10-31-2012, 03:27 PM   #4845
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Righty-ho then, who's next in the hosting queue?
I think I booked the next modding spot, but if anyone else wants to go ahead I'm fine with that too. My game would need a fair number of players (14+), and I don't want sign-ups to drag on forever, so if there aren't enough people someone with a smaller game should probably go first...

Who would be able to play starting, say... two weeks from now? I want to get an estimate of the number of people to see if there are enough to start with my game.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:06 PM   #4846
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
after a long haiatus I'd play
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:56 AM   #4847
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
That's a lot of enthusiasm...

Thanks Morsul.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #4848
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I'll play, as always.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #4849
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Ugh. I'm right now incredibly busy, otherwise I'd really really like to join. But my diploma thesis won't write itself, certainly not when I'd be playing WW But good luck with it, G44! <= oops, that was a typo!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #4850
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Depending on the starting date, I could possibly play. This is typically a pretty busy time of year for me, so you can count me as a maybe.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #4851
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I suppose I'll just put up the admin thread and see how it goes.

I hope your thesis goes well, Legate!
Old 12-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #4852
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
So...as far as I can tell, there is no modding queue as of right now. Would anyone be interested if I hosted a small, basic, winter-holiday-themed game?
Old 12-07-2012, 06:39 AM   #4853
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Seeing as my teachers are all trying to cramm in as much as possible before the winter break, I will only be able to play when the holidays start - that is, the weekend before Christmas (can't remember the date).
Old 12-07-2012, 06:43 AM   #4854
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'd like to play, but because of work I can only commit to a short game.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #4855
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'll put up an Admin thread over the weekend. I'm hoping for about twelve people (like I said, small, basic game), so we can start a) as soon as we reach ten people or b) after Wednesday - whichever comes later.

Last edited by Loslote; 12-07-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #4856
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
may or may not play computer down with baaad virus need neW HD andposting from xbox takes forever...
Old 12-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #4857
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

While humans dance around a tree,
From ringing glasses drink champagne,
The wolf pack huddles silently -
No sign of wine or candy cane.

Wolves have no cane. Wolves need no cane.
Fifteen roast birds form the main course,
And wolves think - this life could be worse! -
As they howl loud time and again.

They treat themselves to Seer's head;
They're fierce: no one would dare come near;
And while they wish all gifteds dead
They celebrate New Wolfy Year.

Holiday greetings to all of you! May the next year be filled with many victories for you, in Werewolf or otherwise!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:39 AM   #4858
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
And a very happy lupine New Year to you too! Clever little woluf and simly a fine seer too

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #4859
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Question

Who's modding the next one? *wants to play* I could also possibly mod the one after the next.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #4860
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Bump. I would like to play WW, please.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #4861
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, since it seems nobody else is interested in starting a game, then as Lommy said *points above* she is going to mod one with me as the co-mod Expect admin thread up in a few days.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:50 PM   #4862
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Boots We have an admin thread!

The next game involving classic rules, trolls and wizards can be found here. Sign ups are now open!
Old 01-20-2013, 04:28 PM   #4863
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

White-Hand

The Hand of Sauron WANTS BRAIN!

In other words, who wants to mod the next game? You guys could start thinking about it... (Oh, the days when there was an actual list of eager mods-to-be!)

edit: Legate tells me it's utter blasphemy to name the White Hand the hand of Sauron. I'm sorry, but the icon always seemed somehow sauronesque to me despite the obvious meaning of it.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 01-20-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:05 PM   #4864
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
edit: Legate tells me it's utter blasphemy to name the White Hand the hand of Sauron. I'm sorry, but the icon always seemed somehow sauronesque to me despite the obvious meaning of it.
It's a high five right?

If someone else would like to that's fine not sure if someone had dibs but I had a couple fun ideas.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #4865
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'm up for modding as well, but I'll certainly let someone else go first if they so desire.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #4866
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thumbs up

You can mod if you'd like.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #4867
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

So Sally you want this game or the next one? Honestly up to you.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #4868
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
So Sally you want this game or the next one? Honestly up to you.
Sadly, I don't have time, so someone else should probably step forward if they so wish.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:39 PM   #4869
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

If no one has any objections I can have an admin thread up tomorrow?
Old 05-31-2013, 06:30 PM   #4870
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
It's 3.30 am and summer and I have nothing to do, so, for old times sake, I kind of want to play werewolf.

What's happening?
Old 05-31-2013, 07:20 PM   #4871
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I've been missing it myself. I think Morsul seems to have abandoned his turn at modding, so who would be next?
Old 05-31-2013, 07:23 PM   #4872
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I've been missing it myself. I think Morsul seems to have abandoned his turn at modding, so who would be next?
Morsul put up a thread, but no one signed up. We've all just been kinda busy these past months...
Old 05-31-2013, 07:26 PM   #4873
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Morsul put up a thread, but no one signed up. We've all just been kinda busy these past months...
Well, the lack of a Tolkien connection was a factor there, but he never said if he would put up another.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #4874
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sally? I suppose I could mod one too if it comes to that.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #4875
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I might join a game if someone modded one...

Summer is great time for werewolf in Finland because it never gets dark!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #4876
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

It's 12.30 now and my window looks northeast. I fully expect this half an hour to be the only time the horizon is blue tonight.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #4877
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Summer is great time for werewolf in Finland because it never gets dark!
That means you can't be a wolf! And what fun is that?
Old 06-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #4878
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Sally? I suppose I could mod one too if it comes to that.
Hmmmm. I've just relocated and need a few days to get settled and find my WW notes. Give me until Sunday. If I haven't put up an admin thread by then, please do jump on top of- I mean in front of- me.

ETA: Would the next game be CII (the same as Morsul's aborted thread), or should we count that and continue from there?

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 06-03-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #4879
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I would count it, in case it's played some day.

I also got a crazy idea - it's been a while since the last Dueling Wizards...
Old 06-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #4880
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I also got a crazy idea - it's been a while since the last Dueling Wizards...

I'm game any day...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote