The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2010, 05:30 PM   #281
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Who all is a rep, and how many of you are interested in lynching Boro at all?
Well, Boro has been unsettling to me... more of a gut feeling than anything else. I wouldn't mind voting for him.

I have no real read on Glirdy.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:34 PM   #282
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I hope all these votes are counting. I think you're supposed to vote like this -

++YourVoteHere++

in red.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:37 PM   #283
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Darn it, Shasta! I was going to vote properly and wait to the end to point out that the others weren't proper. *shakes fist*
Old 09-16-2010, 05:39 PM   #284
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Darn it, Shasta! I was going to vote properly and wait to the end to point out that the others weren't proper. *shakes fist*
Pardon me for having the best interests of the town at heart.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:48 PM   #285
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Pardon me for having the best interests of the town at heart.
Ha ha ha!

Well, technically your best interest may end up with the wrong person being lynched looking back on it after the fact. From my perspective, I would just as well have it so that my vote is the only one that counts.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:54 PM   #286
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I find that Boro's stance on essentially staying out of things, since he does not personally have a vote. To be rather copping-out and taking the lazy, "don't want to get my hands dirty" route. What is the difference between lobbying with a vote and lobbying without a vote?

I think that ultimately, we should still play the same way as normal. Just with some not having a vote for this part of the Day. Since the opinions of the Non-Reps still matter. I've been in the same situation before, and it can be easy to just 'la la la' away, basically.

Shasta. Why do you want to see Sally lynched?

@ Phantom. I am not opposed to a Boro lynch for the reasoning at the top of this post.
Why those choices in your #275 list?

I believe Lommy voted correctly. Not sure about Greenie's and Nerwen's. If we are using both/all votes for one person, to we need to signify that somehow, like voting for them twice. Or does once, as in Greenie's case, automatically count as both/all?
Old 09-16-2010, 05:55 PM   #287
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

My slightly more daring side wants to mount a push against Boro.

My safer side wishes to put my votes on Glirdan.

My chaotic side wants to shoot for someone I haven't looked at much.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:57 PM   #288
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Are you a professional Gambler phantom?
[Do you play poker, or some other sort of game which involves betting on odds somewhat regularly?]
Old 09-16-2010, 05:58 PM   #289
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien View Post
The worst I think he can be accused of is related to the "vote for me" gambit, which at least stirred up some discussion.
Even that, though, in his case isn't suspicious. What Day 1 ever goes by without Phantom suggesting some crazy plan that would leave him with all the power, and that no one in a million years would go along with? Especially in games like this, where the dynamic is different, he waltzes in with some idea along the lines of "I'm the bestest and the smartest, do what I say and we win", so we really can't suspect him for that. (and he greatly amuses me and Timmy, I'd hate to see him go so soon)

Now regarding Boro and Glirdan? Boro seems fine to me, though I haven't had as much time to really look at people as I'd like, but his reactions to Phantom are to be expected in my opinion, and nothing really seems evilish to me. Then Glirdypie, well his logic always seems rediculous to me, considering how well we mesh in RL I still have no idea why we clash so much in WW . So I'm going to give him a Day or two before I pounce on his logic. So no, I shall not vote for either of them.

Now Sallycakes and Lottiepop, well I hearts them greatly *snuggles*, but would be willing to lynch them both. At the moment the way Lottie defended Phantom so much earlier seemed strange to me (I think it was Nerwen she was talking back and forth with, and the whole exchange was just so weird), so I'd be leaning more towards her, she just seems so sneaky.

I feel very good about X'ed, Shasta and Noggins, and fairly neutral about the others.

I'll be on for the next half hour, and then I have to vote.

x'ed with Phantom, Izzy, Phantom, Izzy
Old 09-16-2010, 06:01 PM   #290
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Why those choices, Izzy? On the innocent list, it's either a strategic choice or because they have on at least three occasions said something that set off innocent alarms. The strategic reasoning I choose not to detail at this time. That'll be something for tomorrow.

On the guilt list, I mentioned a couple times earlier that Boro was off and that his reactions to a couple things I've done seemed wrong. Glirdan on the other hand just seems incredibly safe to lynch and a bit of a principled lynch as I recall he was suspicious of a great many things but not so much so that he was willing to vote for a rep (he never voted).
Old 09-16-2010, 06:05 PM   #291
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I hope all these votes are counting. I think you're supposed to vote like this -

++YourVoteHere++

in red.
Yes, they will still count. Please try to remember better for toMorrow.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:11 PM   #292
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Ha ha! I actually have people ask me that in RL a lot, Izzy!

I do enjoy a bit of recreational poker and sporting picks and brackets etc, but I don't do so for cash.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:16 PM   #293
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Ok, I have to vote now.

Both votes ++Boro++
Old 09-16-2010, 06:16 PM   #294
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Okay, have to leave now. I'll be back online as soon as I'm home. Fifteen minutes I'd guess.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:18 PM   #295
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

Quote:
I do enjoy a bit of recreational poker and sporting picks and brackets etc, but I don't do so for cash.
*has incredible luck at pocker, without even understanding how it works*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
Why those choices, Izzy? On the innocent list, it's either a strategic choice or because they have on at least three occasions said something that set off innocent alarms. The strategic reasoning I choose not to detail at this time. That'll be something for tomorrow.
Yet another thing he does every Day 1, "I have a brilliant plan, if you pay close enough attention you may figure it out, if not I'll explain it eventually. Just trust me".

x'ed with Celuien and Phantom
Old 09-16-2010, 06:23 PM   #296
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Trust is a luxury in these games, and seems incredibly foolish to me to be entrusted to another; especially on the first Day.

@ phantom. Those choices are rather odd, to be honest, and it does reek of scheme.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:23 PM   #297
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

So that there's one on this page.

Lommy for Lottie (3)
Green for Sally (2)
Nerwen for Sally (3)
Nerwen for Boro (1)
Celuien for Boro (3)

Lottie- 3
Sally- 3
Boro- 3

STILL TO VOTE:
Phantom: 3
Izzy: 2
Wilwa: 2

Hmm, nice little tie going on at the moment. And basically it will be whoever of those three Phantom wants to lynch, since he outweighs Izzy and I (unless we vote the same).

x'ed with Izzy
Old 09-16-2010, 06:27 PM   #298
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

I have 5 minutes before I need to go.

Izzy, who are you planning to go with? I may split my votes between Lottie and Sally and see what happens. But I don't think I'll be going for Boro.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:34 PM   #299
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Ok, so I'm going to do this than, since I don't know which of the two Izzy really prefers to vote for, and I'm cool with lynching both:

++Sallycakes++

++Lottiepop++

That way if Phantom goes with Boro (like he seems to be wanting to do) and Izzy feels like lynching one of the girls instead, then she can still accomplish that and get a double lynch.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:39 PM   #300
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Lommy for Lottie (3)
Green for Sally (2)
Nerwen for Sally (3)
Nerwen for Boro (1)
Celuien for Boro (3)
Wilwa for Sally (4)
Wilwa for Lottie (4)

Lottie- 4
Sally- 4
Boro- 3

STILL TO VOTE:
Phantom: 3
Izzy: 2
Old 09-16-2010, 06:41 PM   #301
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Meh, now I don't like Wilwa either (her vote, and what she says about Glirdan).

Izzy- any chance at all you'd go with Glirdan? We'd need all five of our votes to shoot him into the lead.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:42 PM   #302
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Just realized, Izzy- if you vote for one of the girls and I vote for Boro, it'll be a double lynch.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:45 PM   #303
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

That is a good point Wilwa, and it looks like phantom will have the deciding vote(s).

I can just feel this ending up in a tie, and phantom voting Boro all by himself with all of his votes, and Boro would be lynched.

All of this talk about not letting phantom get power crazy, and look where we are.

X'd with phantom x2
Old 09-16-2010, 06:45 PM   #304
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

So yeah, I don't like the spot we've been left in exactly, and Wilwa just leaving it in our hands like that, and actually encouraging a double lynch... Bleh... And something about the way she said Glirdan's thinking was wrong but she'd wait a couple days before pouncing.

Or perhaps I'm just hoping for anything that makes him look guilty, as really he's more of my "safe" pick (didn't participate much, didn't lean any which way, didn't vote). Dunno...
Old 09-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #305
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Glirdan's guilt usually stands out to me, and I've not nada on him. However Wilwa tends to be on the protective side of him as well. Hmm.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:48 PM   #306
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
How is my vote better than theirs? I actually gave it thought, and used it to try and counter what they started in motion.
Why do you assume that, just because I voted early, I did not give my vote thought?

[QUOTE]
Quote:
I have always been quick to defend people against arguments I consider to be flawed. Nerworc's arguments against tp were, in my opinion, flawed./quote]

I believe you responded to Nerwen of how could she distrust Phantom on banter. Well.. how could you trust him on banter?
This is redundant; you already asked this, and I already answered.

Quote:
It seems to me that you are defending him based nothing on what you think of his alignment. But because Nerwen's arguments against him, in your opinion were flawed.
Yes...yes, that's about right. How is this a problem? If someone were to accuse you for flawed reasons, I'd defend you, too - even though I trust you about as far as I can throw you at this point.

Quote:
I never claimed that I knew for certain the alignment of who I voted for. However, I did give it thought - which is a difference between the votes. If people were unable to get information from other players in regards to their alignment, then what exactly is the point of having a Day phase? Hmm? You seem to think that information relies solely on what occurs during Night. Which is ridiculously .. flawed and lazy. Your entire stance is rather odd, and it definitely shows you are up to something - but when aren't you. It also seems like you are faking here, and I question how it is productive and good for the Cave.
Again, why do you assume I did not give my vote thought? This is rude and condesending. Simply because there were fewer posts does not affect my own ability to think and vote the way I thought would best help the village.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Lottie, I've heard your resonings but this is plain weird. Is your mind really that easily turned?
Early on was banter. I did not think about the implications of voting him; I simply went along with the 'oh, that phorc, he's so silly' state of mind. After I thought about the implications, I realized that voting him was actually not a bad idea - for reasons I later stated. Honestly, I thought it was obvious if people thought about it - give phorc a chance to have the spotlight, let him prove himself, and try to get a feeling for an inherantly slippery player. Since I didn't think much exciting would happen (and, as it turns out, the only real discussion later was about my vote), I decided to go ahead and vote. I expected to go to sleep hours before I actually did, which, sadly for my mental state the next day, did not happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Lottie is really very careless and confident in the beginning of Day1. Reminds me of a wolf who's happy with her pack and thinks they'll win... or a happy-happy orco. She also gives the impression that she is voting first and then coming up with reasons afterwards. Hmm... Wonder if I should change my mind about her.
Have you never played with me? Start of Day 1, I'm, for lack of a better word, bouncy and happy. Usually at the start of most Days I'm bouncy and happy (unless we've lost a Gifted, in which case I'm bouncy and sad).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
I didn't want to mention it, but if we do that then it's pretty obvious that if they're not evil they'll get Night-killed. Unless the Elves want to confuse us by not doing so.
So...what? We elect people we don't think will do what's best for the village for fear that the wolves will kill the people we honestly think will be good representatives? That's like, in a normal game, ignoring someone who makes sense in favor of someone who doesn't because you don't want to lose the player you think is making sense. In that case, you've already lost the chance of utilizing the player's good ideas, and instead are following someone who could well be on the evil team.

EDIT: xed with the Remaining Reps
Old 09-16-2010, 06:48 PM   #307
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
Ok, so I'm going to do this than, since I don't know which of the two Izzy really prefers to vote for, and I'm cool with lynching both:

++Sallycakes++

++Lottiepop++

That way if Phantom goes with Boro (like he seems to be wanting to do) and Izzy feels like lynching one of the girls instead, then she can still accomplish that and get a double lynch.
Izzy- do you find that suspicious at all? Particularly reading that final paragraph? I mean, this is the worst time in the game to have a double lynch! It just really makes me nervous about her being a SoE and she knows good and well that all the leaders are orcs.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:52 PM   #308
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Just so I know where you stand, out of Lottie, Sally, and Boro, who are you leaning towards, or do all look shady? Can you rank them at all? My ordering of desired lynch would be Boro, Lottie, and definitely last Sally. And as far as new candidates- Glirdan is my favorite, and because of the way she ended, I might be willing to have a look at Wilwa.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:53 PM   #309
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I assume it Loslote, because I don't believe any of your posts prior to your vote indicated that you had given it thought. In your most recent post, you even admit to not thinking of the implications until after you voted.

The second part of Wilwa's post I find eyebrow raising. Seems to be she is for a double lynch.

Right now I'm leaning more Loslote than anything.

X'd with phantom.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:55 PM   #310
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

With four minutes left, it didn't give me time to look at Glirdan's post in isolation, even though there were only five, since I was responding to Loslote.

I would rank my preferences of those five as::
Loslote
Sally
Boro
Glirdan
Wilwa
Old 09-16-2010, 06:56 PM   #311
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
I assume it Loslote, because I don't believe any of your posts prior to your vote indicated that you had given it thought. In your most recent post, you even admit to not thinking of the implications until after you voted.
I said nothing of the kind. I did not think of the implications while I was bantering. I then thought of the implications, and voted because of the implications.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:57 PM   #312
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Well, if you're planning on voting Lottie, then I'd say you have all the power, as I have no interest in forging a tie on Day 1.

Risky business this is. I wish I had six votes and could just slap them on Glirdan or Wilwa and get this over with.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:57 PM   #313
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I must of misread your post then, when I was quickly reading. Because that is how it came off to me.

X'd with phantom
Old 09-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #314
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

need to vote
++Loslote++ x 2
Old 09-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #315
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Well, that's the lynch then.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:00 PM   #316
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Oh, that was totally unexpected.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:00 PM   #317
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Oh, and I'm the Seer. Just sayin.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:01 PM   #318
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Deadline. Stop posting.

Lottie has died. Her role will be revealed during the narration.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:42 PM   #319
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil

Lottie has died. She was Elladan.

Night Two now begins. Elf and Elf Friends, you may PM. Seer, please send in your dream. Orc of unknown allegiance, please pick a side.

Dead:
Feanorc and Niennorc - beheaded in the dark
Lottielf (Elladan) - axed in the head

Alive:
Boro
Celuien
Foley
Glirdy
Greenie
Izzy
Kath
Legate
Lommy
Mira
Nerwen
Nog
Phantom
Rune
Sally
Shasta
Steve
Vanilwa
Zil
Old 09-17-2010, 07:00 PM   #320
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil

Izzy has died. She was an ordo.

Day Two now begins. Elf and Elf Friends, you may not PM.

Dead:
Feanorc and Niennorc - beheaded in the dark
Lottielf (Elladan) - axed in the head
Izanordorc (ordo) - head cut off in her sleep

Alive:
Boro
Celuien
Foley
Glirdy
Greenie
Kath
Legate