The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-12-2003, 11:07 AM   #1
GARY-the-White
Pile O'Bones

GARY-the-White has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GARY-the-White
Sting Best scene in FOTR AND TTT

im CURious what u guys think was the best scene in the 2 movies...<P> My 3 pics were all in fotr 1st one was when Gandalf said quote" Fire will not evail you flame of uldune!... You SHALL NOT PASS!!!!.<P> 2ND When aragorn tells frodo to run and he has to fight like an impossible amount of urikai<P> 3rd when legolas PULLS OUT a quiver and stabs a urikai in the eye recoils it and shoots another <BR> All of which will me eteched in my mine forever

I am GaRYtheWHiTe brother of Gandalf and if by my life or death i can protect you i will

GãR¥théWH¡Të
GARY-the-White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 11:51 AM   #2
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

eleanor_niphredil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I love all the scenes in which legolas almost has a facial expression!
Old 01-12-2003, 03:44 PM   #3
Nurdilion

Sting

i would have to say my utmost favorite scene would have to be at the bridge at Khazad- dum. second best being in TTT when says sam says "Po-ta-toes!". and third best being when when Gandalf the White first appears in TTT.
Old 01-12-2003, 05:43 PM   #4
Vardadurwen
Wight

Vardadurwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Totally Bridge of Khazad-dum for the first pick. Well, actually, all of Moria is just amazing.<BR>Second, when Gandalf reappears in The Two Towers. All of Fangorn was great, so maybe I'll just include that in there too.<BR>Third is a tie between Sam's emotional speech where we see shots of him crying and the Ents surviving the flood of water after breaking the dam; and then shots of the Shire....so beautiful!!

'Now there's an eye-opener and no mistake!' - Samwise Gamgee
Vardadurwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 05:45 PM   #5
mithuel
Pile O'Bones

mithuel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Favourite scenes are so hard to choose - there are so many briliant scenes to choose from. Actually the whole movie is a 'favourite scene' of Middle Earth(if that makes sense...)<BR>I especially loved the Gollum/Sam <I>Po-ta-toes</I> and <I>keep nassty chipss</I>scene,Gandalf calling Shadowfax, Sam and Frodo wondering about who will tell their story, Gollum fishing in Ithilien, the amazing battle scenes....it's too hard to choose a favourite!
mithuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 08:29 PM   #6
maiden of the Shire
Pile O'Bones

maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

In Fellowship of the Ring, the reunion of the Hobbits at Rivendell is very touching, also when Sam touched Frodo's hand while he's lying in the bed at Rivendell (a little changed from the book, but still good to see it there.)<BR>Every scene from the Shire (esp. the added scene of the Green Dragon with singing Hobbits and Frodo and Gandalf's initial meeting).<BR>When Boromir calls Aragorn his King then dies. Wow, it's hard to stop once you get started!<P>The Two Towers, one that really stands out for me is near the very beginning when Gandalf is falling with the Balrog, the screen goes dark, you can see water at the bottom of the screen then the Balrog lights up the shot, it's in slow motion and that beautiful choir comes in. Very powerful. <BR>Also towards the end when Sam and Frodo are talking about being put into tales and songs.<P>Cheers!
Old 01-12-2003, 08:33 PM   #7
GARY-the-White
Pile O'Bones

GARY-the-White has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GARY-the-White
Pipe

Lets all face it LOTR best movie's ever created

I am GaRYtheWHiTe brother of Gandalf and if by my life or death i can protect you i will

GãR¥théWH¡Të
GARY-the-White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 08:36 PM   #8
Fingo
Haunting Spirit

Fingo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Fingo
Sting

From the Fellowship, I'd have to say my favorite scene was when you see the Wraiths enter the Prancing Pony, especially the shot when they are standing there, swords drawn, and complete silence pervades the room. Did anyone else get utterly *marvelous* shudders when they saw that? Also in the extended version when Merry and Pippin are standing on the table singing a drinking song and Frodo is skipping around the table. (THAT IS SO FUNNY!)<BR>In the Two Towers, my favorite scene is when Gollum is talking to Smeagol. That was completely great. Andy Serkis rocks. My second favorite is the scene of the Ents floodning Isengard and they root themselves into the ground to withstand the torrent of water. AWESOME! I can't wait for the extended version of TTT. <P>*Fingo, lonely Hobbit wanderer*
Old 01-12-2003, 09:32 PM   #9
Galenaeariel

Sting

1. When Legolas shield-surfs down the steps while shooting uruk-hi in the two towers<BR>2. When Legolas stabs one uruk-hai and shoots the other one with the same arrow in the Fellowship<BR>3. When Bilbo says "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." and nobody gets it in the Fellowship<BR>4. When Boromir is still killing uruk-hai with several arrows stuck through him<BR>5. any other time when Aragorn or Legolas appear courageous and/or heroic
Old 01-13-2003, 06:22 PM   #10
Artalwen
Haunting Spirit

Artalwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Artalwen
Sting

Hmm...good thread, I think.<P>In FOTR, my favorite scene...in the extended dvd, when the wood elves were on their way to the undying lands. Also definitly anything in Rivendell and Lorien.<P>In TTT...when Gandalf first came back to Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli.<BR>Also the scene of Aragorn and Gimli in Helm's deep..."You must throw me"..."Not a word to the elf"...I loved that part!
The flowering stars, on crowns they hung
The dragon fire, in twisted wire
They meshed the light of moon and sun."
-verse from a song found in 'The Hobbit'-
Artalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 12:36 AM   #11
mithuel
Pile O'Bones

mithuel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Andy Serkis rocks <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Got it in three words, Fingo!
mithuel is offline   Reply With Quote