The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-29-2002, 05:19 PM   #81
gollum*elf*pup
Shade of Carn Dûm

gollum*elf*pup has just left Hobbiton.
you know what's fun? taking your cd player outside, then blasting concerning hobbits or another song from the soundtrack! it's really fun! i didn't manage to make anyone mad tho. they were all just saying:where did all the funny misuc come from? then i brought my flute outside and started to play along. now that kind of ****ed people off. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] i'm evil, what can i say. i want to be an evil strawberry chicken.
Old 07-29-2002, 06:33 PM   #82
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Wow, this topic made it to 3 pages. I'm surprised. Usually, my topics don't make it past 20 or so posts. Huh.
EDIT: I just noticed this post:
Quote:
woa that is completely strange Nevfeniel but oddly entertaining
Yeah, it's entertaining now.

[ July 29, 2002: Message edited by: Nevfeniel ]
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Nevfeniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 09:31 AM   #83
Telephirion
Pile O'Bones

Telephirion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It's not exactly obsessive, but I enjoy listening to the Fellowship of the Ring soundtrack a great deal. I have probably heard each track five times, and I'm really impressed with Howard Shore's ability to translate the ancient and profound feeling conveyed in the book to music. Enya's songs are also excellent.
Old 08-03-2002, 06:43 PM   #84
gollum*elf*pup
Shade of Carn Dûm

gollum*elf*pup has just left Hobbiton.
ya, youre right, they did a good job when making that cd. it really is nice to listen too! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2002, 09:41 AM   #85
Niphredil Baggins
Wight

Niphredil Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Your babysitting story reminded me of when I used to babysit at a hotel. The families were often foreign. To one such baby (she was very sweet) I sang 'A Elbereth Gilthoniel' for a lullaby.
Old 08-04-2002, 11:10 AM   #86
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Awwwww. . .
(sorry, I have nothing else to post on this topic at this time.)

[ August 04, 2002: Message edited by: Nevfeniel ]
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Old 08-04-2002, 03:28 PM   #87
ElfEarz
Animated Skeleton

ElfEarz has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

MWAHAHHA lets see. i do alot of obsessive things. i constantly call my friends "my precioussss" they dont understand but it still freaks them out. once in theatre we had to write a comercial and i tried to sell the one ring. it was funny. oh yeah when i get mad at my sisters i yell at them in Elvish [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] its funny.
Old 08-13-2002, 09:13 AM   #88
vanwalossien
Shade of Carn Dûm

vanwalossien has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

One of my friends think Gollum's voice is really creepy (dunno why, she hasn't seen the movie, or read the book..), so each time I meet her, I creep uo behind her and whisper "It's mine.. My own.. My precious.. in my best Gollum voice.. Some people think I'm a little obsessed when they look at the collection of posters on my walls... Gandalf, Frodo, orcs, from the movie, not from the movie... And I once tried reading LOTR in my maths class. FOTR TTT and ROTK in one book of course... Somehow my teacher spotted it.. But the coolest thing is, he let me read it!

[ August 13, 2002: Message edited by: vanwalossien ]

[ August 13, 2002: Message edited by: vanwalossien ]
Old 08-13-2002, 04:45 PM   #89
Demloth of Dol Amroth
Wight

Demloth of Dol Amroth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

well, i'm can sense and am drawn to LOTR DVD's, and sometimes feel urged to let loose with a high-pitched scream-and this started happening after i got this class ring too-strange...
Old 08-13-2002, 10:41 PM   #90
Ms. Took
Haunting Spirit

Ms. Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Ms. Took
Sting

i do a lot of obsessive things. Like just a couple of minutes ago, my mom started screaming. So I went to see what it was, and it was this huge spider. So i grabbed a shoe, and yelled "die! spawn of ungoliant!!!" than my mom was more afraid of me than she was of the spider.
Ms. Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 10:50 PM   #91
Aroaraniel
Wight

Aroaraniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Aroaraniel
Sting

Someone has recently borrowed my LOTR DVD and I went knocking at their door a day later demanding it back. That's obsessive, no? LoL
Aroaraniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 11:13 PM   #92
Demloth of Dol Amroth
Wight

Sting

say it was only "your's by chance, and that it could've been mine, it should be mine, now give it to me!" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2002, 02:41 PM   #93
Lomelinde
Haunting Spirit

Lomelinde has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I have Elves in my locker. Ok, just pictures of them, but adequate enough to disturb my friends. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I also say that Haldir and his brothers live in my closet and that their favorite food is pizza. Scares the *&^# out of people. Hee, hee. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hey, I can dream, can't I? [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2002, 07:04 PM   #94
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Haldir lives in your closet? Isn't that odd, because Legolas lives in my closet, but his favorite foods are canned peaches and iced tea.
Old 08-14-2002, 09:40 PM   #95
Aroaraniel
Wight

Ring

Hmm, well Merry and Pippin live in my closet and they daily demand Popcorn Chicken from KFC.

hehe
Old 08-14-2002, 09:42 PM   #96
Ms. Took
Haunting Spirit

Sting

No one lives in my closet...though i kinda wish someone from LotR did...
Old 08-15-2002, 07:50 AM   #97
Frodo_Baggins

Sting

I ALWAYS talk about lotrs to my mates.......I put them to sleep.
Old 08-15-2002, 07:55 AM   #98
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I watch the dvd now and read the books A LOT. This sounds wierd but sometimes, a question about it will just pop into my head when im like, sleeping, or at karate, or playing guitar and I wont be able to think of anything else until I figure it out. Ummm...what else...Oh! I have a bad habit of playing guitar really loud when someone is trying to watch something, and I know theyre watching tv but...I just keep playing. Hehehehe. I'm sure I do other things alot, but you would have to ask my best friend hannah about that.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2002, 01:43 PM   #99
Ms. Took
Haunting Spirit

Sting

i also like to write tunes to go with the song, and at camp i named my flashlight earendil, and when my friend asked to borrow it I said "may it be a light to you in dark places when all other lights go out" I also have a pippin website, cuz he's my favorite character.
Old 08-15-2002, 06:48 PM   #100
Boromir's Lady
Pile O'Bones

Boromir's Lady has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The obsessive things I do are - write fan fiction. Constantly want to watch the movie and use quotes! I TRY to behave, I really do. I don't want to drive my family crazy! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
~*Have you seen it, Aragorn? The white tower of Ecthelion glimmering like a spike of pearl and silver, its banners caught high in the morning breeze. Have you ever been called home by the clear ringing of silver trumpets?*~
Boromir's Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 08:14 PM   #101
Aroaraniel
Wight

Ring

I drive my friends and family crazy too! Yep, not many people around where I live like LOTR, so at the mention of it, they either fall asleep or run out of the room screaming 'NOT LOTR! PLEASE NOT LOTR'! So yes, as a LOTR fan, I have it tough. LoL!
Old 08-20-2002, 05:57 PM   #102
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Okay, I know this is not exactly obsessive, but Sunday when I rented LotR again, my brother watched part of the movie with me, and he was not very nice! He called Legolas the "bow and arrow guy with the pigtails", and for some reason, he renamed Frodo "Frank". When he was stabbed by the Nazgûl at Weathertop, he said, "Why is he crying like a little baby?" And during the scene right after Arwen set the water on the Nazgûl and Frodo was being healed, my brother shouted, "Fraaaaaaaaank! Why? WHY?!" I know he's just doing it to annoy me, but it worked! After a while, I just ignored him, cuz some of the things he said were kinda funny, but still!
Old 08-20-2002, 06:54 PM   #103
Lindolirian
World's Tallest Hobbit

Lindolirian has just left Hobbiton.
I do a great Gollum impression while holding my cheap 9 dollar One Ring. I watch the movie (or good battle scenes) whenever. I've read tLotR 34 times, Hobbit 5 times, Unfinished Tales 3 times, Silmarillion 8 times, and the first five in the HoME once each.
Old 08-20-2002, 06:57 PM   #104
Aranel
Animated Skeleton

Aranel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Okay.*giggles in an embarassed manner*
Last winter,after my friend and I had just seen FotR for the,I believe,second time,we were alone in her big farm house.It was snowy outside.I snuck upstairs and grabbed an old broom handle,tied an afghan around my neck,and declared myself an elf.I chased her around as she objected to my childishness.But then she followed suit,and insisted we have elven brooches (which were actually old pieces of costume jewelry,but you see where I'm going.).We ran all over the place,outside and all through the house in this fashion,and beat the daylights out of a cave troll.Actually,it was a giant stuffed tiger her mom got for Christmas,but that's beside the point.We decided it was a success,though she won't admit it ever happened now.I can't blame her.We are 20 years old. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2002, 07:02 PM   #105
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

That sounds like so much fun, Aranel! I wish I had a friend who would do something like that with me [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]. *sigh* Oh well. . .
Old 08-20-2002, 07:15 PM   #106
Aranel
Animated Skeleton

Aranel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Heheh It was a one-time thing,Nev!She'll never do it again,I'm sure.But for one brief shining moment...I had her! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
I think most of us wish we had friends like that.We're all just too far away from each other... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2002, 07:18 PM   #107
NazgulNumberTen
Shade of Carn Dûm

NazgulNumberTen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to NazgulNumberTen
The Eye

i keep peter jackson in a big jar in my closet.
Old 08-20-2002, 07:20 PM   #108
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

I didn't know they made jars that big. Well, that just proves my ignorance. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2002, 07:22 PM   #109
NazgulNumberTen
Shade of Carn Dûm

NazgulNumberTen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to NazgulNumberTen
The Eye

yeah, you have to specil order them from a catalog. then cut some air holes in the lid, and put a stick and a leaf inside, to simulate it's natural surroundings.
Old 08-20-2002, 08:35 PM   #110
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

My friends and family are about to dump me out in the street or something. All I talk about is Tolkien. It is totally obsessive. I read the books about every three weeks just to learn more of ME. At school, one of my friends said she would slap me if I said one more thing about LOTR. But, sadly, I couldn't stop. It's a habit. And now, suddenly, I have decided to become Skitsophrenic (sp?) and become like Gollum. Probably not, but I do tend to say, "My Precious!!!" a whole lot lately. LOTR isn't cool at my school, and everyone thinks I'm a freak or something because I sit around and read 1000 page books all day. I don't, just LOTR. But I don't really care what they think. I'm obsessed. I admit it. And I don't really care. If I'm going to get obsessed about something, at least it's something cool like this. Right? Right. Anyway, I think I made my point across. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 01:08 PM   #111
Demloth of Dol Amroth
Wight

Sting

i'm going to name my seven iron gurthang because i was playing this really tough hole on our vacation, and got par-the last two shots were crazy. first i hit the ball through thick woods to the other side, then a really long chip-right into the hole. it actually went past the hole and then rolled up and back into the hole, according to my dad.

[ August 25, 2002: Message edited by: Demloth of Dol Amroth ]
Old 08-21-2002, 07:47 PM   #112
Salix
Shade of Carn Dûm

Salix has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Let's see, as soon as I got the soundtrack, Ilistened to it practically non-stop,but sometimes my family got mad at me so I put on Matrix soundtrack, I'm on barrowdowns whenever I can, I refuse to buy half the merchandise because it's not real, I want a sword and a bow and arrows, I refuse to let my mom finish a cloak because it's like a short elven cloak, my little sister got mad at me because we had agreed that she'd buy sims vacation(don't ask) and I'd buy LOTR, but I'm watching LOTR too much so she cant watch, I'm compliling a script of FOTR and I'm trying to get it perfect, I quote the movie and book all the time, I actually own elven boots, when I wore this jacket I have with a certain pair of pants, and those boots a friend actually called me an elf, and I have a set of Sherlock Holmes books that are dark green (there's two of them) and that same friend told me that they looked like elven books, and the only reason I haven't read Unfinished tales or HoME or LT is:
A. Because my parents refuse to buy any Tolkien books edited by Christopher Tolkien.
B. My school library (which is the third largest library in my city) doesn't carry them, and
C. I spent all my money buying FoTR and I haven't gotten my allowance yet.
I would LOVE a golden ring to string around my neck (I even have the perfect necklace) but I don't know where to get them! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Anyway, I also have worn out a three book set of LoTR as in FOTR has the first 42 pages falling out, the entire bit between Lothlorien and Parth Galen and the cover is taped back on, TTT has the cover almost ripped off, the first 4 pages are falling out, and Helm's Deep is falling out, and RoTK has the entire front of the book torn off (as in up to Minas Tirith), the entire last three appendixes no longer share the same binding, and the box that holds them is ripped. My newer copy of FOTR has the binding bent in many places, some of the coloring one the letters is gone along with along the binding, the very first page is ripped, I inscribed my name in dwarf runes in the front, my book automatically opens to the beginning of the chapter The Bridge Of Khazad-Dum, and I usually have my little dwarf rune cheat sheet there. I think i should stop babbling on now. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2002, 12:10 PM   #113
Amalthea

Pipe

A better question would be what HAVEN'T I done that's obssessive? I wear a ring on a chain around my neck at all times (even when I sleep), I run around barefoot all the time, I'm planning on going to New Zealand for foreign exchange (just because it's like "going to ME"), and I am constantly quoting and referencing LotR.
Old 08-23-2002, 12:25 PM   #114
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I named my hermit crab Eomer. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] does that count? No? well....ummm, what else do I do? I read the books even though I have memorized most of my favorite parts, ummm I dont think I do too many obsessive things, I dont think Its good to be obsessed. oh well, at least my crab has a cool name [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2002, 08:48 PM   #115
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Quote:
I named my hermit crab Eomer. does that count? No?
Of course it does! Anything LotR-related is fine for this topic! Also, remember this: LotR is not an obsession, it's a passion. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2002, 04:54 PM   #116
Catherine
Shade of Carn Dûm

Catherine has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I recite lines from the movie, not on purpose it just happens. On time I was walking up the stairs and I was like "It is not the eastern shore that worries me, a shadow and a threat has been growing in my mind...Something draws near, I can feel it.
I don't think I should have had the heart to leave it."
~Merry to Haldir in Lothlórien~
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 06:56 PM   #117
Salix
Shade of Carn Dûm

Salix has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Mwahaha i just got the one Ring! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] Need i say more?
Old 08-28-2002, 08:45 PM   #118
Lhunbelethiel
Wight

Lhunbelethiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Here's my obsesive contribution-- I post info like this:

I was watching Family Feud and one family tonight had two girls who were named ARWEN and LORIEN!!! Cool!! The host kept calling Lorien "Lauren"... fool. I love the name Lorien!!!
Old 08-28-2002, 09:15 PM   #119
Davin
Wight

Davin has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I am planning on giving my kids LotR names......but I'm only 18, and not married....but some day, you just wait!

»»The Telmena««
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 03:32 AM   #120
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Having Tolkien's symbol (initials) tattoed on my wrist!!! Some find that obsessive. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ August 29, 2002: Message edited by: Maikadilwen ]