The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-30-2002, 10:08 PM   #1
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Question How many of you...........and which?

Seeing as how this is an LOTR site for LOTR fans, I'm assuming that many of you have LOTR-themed screen savers or desktop backgrounds on your computers.
I change my BG rather frequently, but as of the moment, this is my desktop BG:
(after editing post:
EEK! That pic turned out WAY too big! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
If you'd like to see what I have for my desktop background, go HEREIt's the pic of Hobbiton that you see if you scroll down a bit, on the left.
Quote:
"There's Mr. Baggins, now, that I work for. He told me that they were sailing and he knows a bit about Elves. "
[ July 31, 2002: Message edited by: Samwise ]

[ August 22, 2002: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 06:46 AM   #2
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I used to use a Lothlórien screensaver, but my mom *made* me download a Frodo one. I tease her about being in love with him, but she just says, "Do you have to be in love with someone just to get their screensaver?" [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Nevfeniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 09:51 AM   #3
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Your mom....that's funny. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Li'l Mr. Wood's a cutie, but in the sense of the cute kidlets at the preschool I work at.... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
My mom actually likes the Hobbiton desktop--I was afraid she wouldn't. I change my desktop/screensaver sort of regularly, and I was surprised when she said she liked "Hobbiton". Other LOTR pics she's looked at and said, "What is that?" [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Or to that effect. Sigh. What I'd really like to have as a screensaver is my VERY favorite picture of "Sam" and "Frodo" (as seen on the page to which the link is above--it's on the right with the caption--"My two favorite Hobbits!" Sigh. Maybe one of these days...
[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Quote:
For one thing, there was a lot to do up in the Bag End garden, and he would have a busy day tomorrow, if the weather cleared. The grass was growing fast. But Sam had more on his mind than gardening. After a while he sighed, and got up and went out.
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 07-31-2002, 10:34 AM   #4
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lothiriel Silmarien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Yeah, I had the Lothlorien one, but my dad didn't like it. How could you not, it's so beautiful! And I downloaded Rivendell also, and for the screensavers, I downloaded, Aragorn [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] , Legolas, and the Wizards. Oh, and Hobbiton too! They're so nice.

Samwise, I have a great picture of Frodo and Sam! It's so good! And I'm going to try to find the picture now, and when I find it, I'll send it to you. When you get it, I think you can add it as your background, but you have to right click, then go to the set as wallpaper thing. I'll see if that can work, let me find the picture now! I had it in my favorites box, but when we re-installed aol, it deleted EVERYTHING in my box. I had like 200 things stored in it!
Lothiriel Silmarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 10:34 AM   #5
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

lij wood practically defines the word cute! (even though his eyes can rival my sisters in freakiness....although his probably dont change colour...)

*sigh*...erm, Im sorry what, were we talking about? Oh yes...
I have a frodo SS, but where do u ppl get them?
Old 07-31-2002, 11:12 AM   #6
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Samwise, I've found the picture!!!! It's small though. Maybe it can be re-sized, but it's a great pic, nonetheless!

Aman, there's tons of places to get them, if you need help, send me a PM.

Samwise, here's the web address, if it doesn't work, let me know. http://img-fan.theonering.net/middle...es/fs1_tos.jpg

[ July 31, 2002: Message edited by: Lothiriel Silmarien ]
Old 07-31-2002, 11:56 AM   #7
Arie
Animated Skeleton

Arie has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

::sighs:: sadly my mom does that too-she "likes" frodo but doesn't want to admit it!!!!-isn't that awkward [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2002, 12:56 PM   #8
amyrlis
Wight

amyrlis has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have the Two Towers movie poster as a background and my screen saver is the shadowy dark rider on the road, with the "Thus the third age of Middle-Earth began..." text fading in and out. Both of these are from the Official Site.
Old 07-31-2002, 01:20 PM   #9
Lady_Galadriel
Wight

Lady_Galadriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lady_Galadriel
The Eye

My backround is saruman on his throne, thingy, with his staff pointed out... and he is saying "i hate dusting"
My mom made me use that one... she thought it was funny...
Old 07-31-2002, 04:16 PM   #10
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

LOL---Lothriel, that's the picture I was talking about!!!!! It's my very very very very VERY favorite pic of the two of them--It's just sooooooo sweet!!! It is, indeed, on my pic site with the footer: "My two favorite hobbits". Sigh......

[ July 13, 2003: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Old 07-31-2002, 04:22 PM   #11
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

That's right it is on your site. Oh well. I know, I love that picture!!! I tested it out to see if it could be set as wallpaper, and it could but there was one problem. It was a dozen of the same sized pictures, not just one big one of them. Oh well!
Old 07-31-2002, 04:57 PM   #12
Gorothlammothiel

Gorothlammothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I think I can help there Lothiriel Silmarien, if you have lots of the same (little) pictures, go into properties and somewhere on the right there should be a drop-down menu. You can selcect centre, tile or stretch, you've probably got it on tile, try centre [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Gorothlammothiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 11:23 PM   #13
Mrs. Frodo Baggins
Pile O'Bones

Mrs. Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have a Frodo background.
I might have to go hunt for a screen-saver...
Old 08-01-2002, 12:52 AM   #14
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Oh thanks Gorothlammothiel! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I even went to properties, but I always seem to miss the obvious!!
Old 08-01-2002, 08:44 AM   #15
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dűm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Eye

I have a Sean Astin Background, but I cant find any screen savers.

Here it is:
Sean!!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

If you cant get the site, Ill just post the pic.
ArwenBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 11:20 AM   #16
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Aw....couldn't get to it. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Quote:
"And after all, sir," added Sam, "you did ought to take the Elves' advice. Gildor said you should take them as was willing, and you can't deny it. "
Old 08-03-2002, 07:50 AM   #17
Melephelwen
Shade of Carn Dűm

Melephelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I change my background often, to all sorts of LotR-things. Right now it is one with "J. R. R. Tolkien s The Lord of the Rings" in the middle an pictures all around in a big mix. I would call it a dream picture of FotR... Btw, I used to have a lot of Legolas ones, but they got boring after a month. All alike and only obne hot actor instead of ... two?
And I need to tell this: When i got my newest background my brother came over ansked if it was a Star Wars-background!!!?!!!?!!! I've tried to educate him, but it obviously didn't work *sigh* [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

And I'm going straight away to find a LotR screensaver, in case anybody want to know... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
And we dance beneath the moon
Melephelwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 05:09 AM   #18
maleliel
Animated Skeleton

maleliel has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Well, call me sad but I've got a Legolas background and a Frodo screensaver! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I'm a teen for God's sake! I got my from the official movie site! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Anyway! I like them!
Old 08-12-2002, 02:08 PM   #19
Ms. Took
Haunting Spirit

Ms. Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Ms. Took
Sting

I have a pippin background, and a two towers SS.
Ms. Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 03:51 PM   #20
The Green Ringwraith
Haunting Spirit

Location: On the edge of the world I'll roam and the home of the wolf will be my home.
The Green Ringwraith has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to The Green Ringwraith Send a message via AIM to The Green Ringwraith
Sting

Mom and dad think I'm too obsessed with LOTR so they'd probably go ballistic if I put my ickle Pippin on my desktop! *sigh*
Old 08-13-2002, 10:25 AM   #21
randycarrot
Pile O'Bones

randycarrot has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

We have a two towers backround at the moment... and i don't know what screensaver cuz it's never on! I like the Aragorn and the Hobbit screensavers.
randycarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 01:10 PM   #22
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Ah, don't feel bad. I can't seem to find any LOTR screensavers ('course I admit, I haven't looked really hard, 'cause I don't think my mom would appreciate it like I would)......
Quote:
"For you, little gardener and lover of trees," she said to Sam, "I have only a small gift." She put into his hand a little box of plain grey wood, unadorned save for a single silver rune upon the lid.
Old 08-18-2002, 02:28 PM   #23
Gamgee
Pile O'Bones

Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gamgee
Sting

well, this is my background:my desktop
I figured I'd put a url, cuz I think the picture is a bit large. It's of all the hobbits, because Sam and Pip are my favorite Hobbits, and it's hard to find a picture of them both, and my mom kept looking at me funny whenever I put up a picture of Sam alone, then I had that picture of Frodo and Sam that is so cute and adorable, but then I figured I would just put a pic of all the hobbits on there, then I found this pic, and I took it, and the good thing is, it's got Bill the Pony in it too [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I made my own screensaver, it's that one that comes on your desktop called "my pictures screen saver" and I just loaded with a bunch of pics of hobbits.

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] everytime my screen saver comes on I sit and look at it and drool, then my mom gives me a weird look and shakes her head...hehe [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ August 18, 2002: Message edited by: Gamgee ]
Old 08-18-2002, 06:08 PM   #24
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

I have a Legolas desktop that I got from one of the millions of fan sites. It is a collage of ME maps with Legolas overlaid on them. My kids think I'm wierd.
Old 08-18-2002, 10:20 PM   #25
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Though I've used LOTR desktops before, I have to admit I have a fairy one right now. (please don't hurt me!)But I do have 58 LOTR pics (mostly hobbits) saved to my computer and I use them as a screensaver in a slideshow form.
Old 08-18-2002, 10:52 PM   #26
Gimli Son Of Gloin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Gimli Son Of Gloin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

That figures Raefindel [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]. I don't have an LotR desktop, my pic is the raising of the flag on Iwo Jima. and my log off sound is the Marine's Hymn. From the halls of Montezuma, to the shores of Tripoli...
Old 08-22-2002, 05:52 PM   #27
akhtene
Shade of Carn Dűm

akhtene has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Both my desktop and screen saver are Sauron's eye on black background. Just because I quite appreciate dark things, both in colour and ...
My daughter thinks it's cool (thought she would prefer to see Harry Potter there) And my husband believes it's just some weird pattern.
akhtene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 06:02 AM   #28
Pennthangeil
Haunting Spirit

Pennthangeil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Pennthangeil
Sting

I have a Pippin desktop (although I never see it because of my web browser [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] )
And I have a Aragorn screensaver. Both VERY cute.

I got them fromnull
Old 02-03-2003, 11:22 AM   #29
PeregrinTook
Animated Skeleton

PeregrinTook has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have the Eowyn screensaver from LordoftheRings.net, but I change my desktop rather frequently: I make all (well, most) of my LotR backgrounds from the many many many many many pictures I've saved... I also have little moving pics on the desktop... these are a few of them:

Old 02-03-2003, 12:03 PM   #30
LePetitChoux
Vegetable of Doom

LePetitChoux has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to LePetitChoux
Sting

I have the ABSOLUT FELLOWSHIP picture on mine. Makes me giggle each time.
Old 02-03-2003, 04:34 PM   #31
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My desktop is the ringwraiths from www.lordoftherings.net go there if u want screensavers and stuff and my SS is Conceptual Art of Middle Earth. It's a collage of many different paintings of different places in ME. Lothlorien is gorgeous.
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 04:40 PM   #32
nevlhachien
Animated Skeleton

nevlhachien has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

my desktop wall paper thingy is of Legolas but i think i am going to search for some different ones sometime soon. i like change. i re-arrange my room about once every month. bla i am so bored(i've said that on like every post i've posted today!) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
namarie
-Nevie
Old 02-03-2003, 06:48 PM   #33
Lindril Arvilya
Shade of Carn Dűm

Location: In a box at the end of Harrison Ford's street, with a pair of binoculars
Lindril Arvilya has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I am ashamed. My computer broke down, so I no longer have either my background or my screensaver. In fact, I'm having a hard time getting new ones, so I've improvised in the meantime with a WDTSF background and a boring twisty screensaver... that'll change soon enough.
Old 02-03-2003, 08:16 PM   #34
Pookabunny
Wight

Pookabunny has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Pookabunny
1420!

My wallpaper changes ALL THE TIME. I'm partial to the spoofy ones, so right now my wallpaper is:

[img]F:\engrishttaragornofalfred.jpg[/img]

ROTFLMAO [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ February 03, 2003: Message edited by: Pookabunny ]
Old 02-03-2003, 08:22 PM   #35
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

hm...red x's certainly seem popular
i like ABSOLUT FELLOWSHIP..heh heh im on the library computer so maybe ill put that one on here....mwahahahaha
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 09:17 PM   #36
Pookabunny
Wight

Pookabunny has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Pookabunny
1420!

Hee hee, the Absolut ones ROCK!

I like this one, too:

[img]F:\absolutpower.jpg[/img]

(I would have though Sauron to be a Goldschlagger fan!)

[ February 03, 2003: Message edited by: Pookabunny ]
Old 02-03-2003, 10:33 PM   #37
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Me and my sister's computer desktop is always changing, the one thing that has stayed the same is the screen saver. We have used the Legolas one from the official website for about the last 8 months, I like it the best. The wallpaper is always Orlando Bloom (as I have told before, my sister is a major Orlando Bloom fan), which I don't mind, because at least it is LOTR related. She changes it all the time, right now it is a black and white picture of Orlando Bloom from a magazine wearing jeans, a black blazer, and a sweatshirt, actually it is a very good looking photo. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2003, 08:30 AM   #38
vanwalossien
Shade of Carn Dűm

vanwalossien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I have a Samwise bg I found at lordoftherings.net and a screensaver where I can put in pics from my PC, so there's well, many Lotr-pics there.. Samwise; that 'My fave Hobbits'pic is adorable, but there Elijah really does look like he's in preschool... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2003, 08:48 AM   #39
Inderjit Sanghera
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Inderjit Sanghera has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have one of the Last Alliance.

"Life is so beautiful"->Don Vito Corleone
Inderjit Sanghera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 06:32 PM   #40
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Re:Van's comment about "Little Mr. Wood":
Preschool.... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] being a preschool teacher, I don't think he looks THAT young, but he does have quite the boyish face. I don't refer to him as "Little one" for nothing. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]