The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2003, 01:44 PM   #1
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe VOTING RESULTS FOR FRODO/NAZGUL IN OSGILIATH THREAD!

This thread is just for the voting results on my previous thread:<BR> <BR>What's your opinion on the Frodo/Nazgul scene in Osgiliath?<P>The results were as following:<P>Yes: 3 (16%)<P>No: 14 (74%)<P>Undecided: 2 (11%)<P> I think the general idea going around was that the scene was to lamely done. Everybody thought it was dumb for Frodo to pull the ring out in front of the Blackrider ( perhaps he thought the Nazgul wouldn't see him, after he was so afraid of putting it on at Osgiliath for the same reason! ), & they thought that after seeing the Ring, the blackrider would've immediantly called his cronies to the scene. Frodo shouldn't have lasted more than 5 minutes.<BR> Thanks everybody! <p>[ May 14, 2003: Message edited by: The Only Real Estel ]
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 04:18 PM   #2
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

People didn't like that scene? Wow, I'm shocked. I thought it was one of the best scenes in the movie.
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 07:53 PM   #3
hobbit punk
Haunting Spirit

hobbit punk has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

AAAAAAHHHHHH I hated that scene! But at that point I was ****ed about all the other changes that had taken place throughout the film. That was almost the breaking point for me. I think the omission of Shelob was what really got me. I did calm down eventually though and saw the film a couple more times. I enjoyed it more the second time when I separated book and movie(because ultimately that is what you must do) but I still feel the film would've been better without some of the changes esp. the indecisive nazgul.
Old 05-14-2003, 09:11 PM   #4
Scott
Wight

Scott has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Scott
Tolkien

Although the scene did have some major plot holes within it (although only real hardcore Lotr junkies were probably the only ones who noticed them ) it did serve it's purpose in pacing the end of the movie and showing the movie-goers directly what was going down in Osgiliath, versus only mentioning the events in the Rotk, as I had guessed they were going to do. <BR>So even though it was done rather poorly, I have to confess that having it in there still enhances the film.<BR>~Scott
Old 05-14-2003, 09:12 PM   #5
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting

I very much disliked this sence. It was done well but I didn't get it it was too....something, but there is a reason why I don't like it.
elven maiden Earwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 05:51 AM   #6
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It was the best scene so far in both movies. Elijah was brilliant. And don't get me started on Faramir...