The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2002, 11:31 AM   #1
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril What are you listening to?

I've noticed that many of you mention having the LotR sound track - are you listening to it while you're at the PC? Mine takes turns with the Nickel Creek CD (4th track "House of Tom Bombadil"), a Christmas gift which I'm really enjoying.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 12:42 PM   #2
Ithilwen
Animated Skeleton

Ithilwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I've also been listening to the LOTR movie soundtrack, and also "Nightfall in Middle Earth" by Blind Guardian - a musical interpretation of the Silmarillion. I usually am not fond of this sytle of music (metal), but this album is EXCELLENT!
Old 02-11-2002, 03:27 PM   #3
Aralaithiel
Ghost Eldaran Queen

Aralaithiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I've been listening to Scandinavian folk music. You can get sampler CDs from North Side for $5 (American). The website is www.noside.com The Nordic languages sound a lot like Elvish, which I know Tolkien used in developing it.
Also, I have been listening to Clannad & Enya. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2002, 06:01 PM   #4
Elven Maiden

Silmaril

I usually listen to the Soundtrack when I'm writing. It's a wonderful CD, I especially like the song 'Anrion' and 'May It Be'. I am a die-hard Enya fan, I've got all her CDs and I think she sang beautifully for this. It's too bad, though, that she didn't do more songs on it. Still good though!
Old 02-11-2002, 06:32 PM   #5
Glenethor
Wight

Glenethor has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

The soundtrack has been # 1 on my hit parade for a while now. At first, I was streaming it off the official site, but that stopped working about a month ago. So, I bought the CD. I asked this question in the Languages forum, but I may as well ask here: Does anyone know what is being sung in the Black Tongue during the Nazgul theme? (For you musicians out there, it is the part with the heavy Gothic chorale, in D minor). I also have mentioned before that I am studying filmscoring, and so that is another reason why I bought the CD. Other than the soundtrack for 'A Clockwork Orange,' this is the only movie soundtrack I have ever bought. I haven't managed to get the 'extra material' thing happening on my computer. Has anyone else got it going? I have a iMac, so I am wondering whether it is a platform problem.

What else have I listened to lately? Well, music that I am working on myself, Rolling Stones 'Beggars' Banquet,' and Pink Floyd 'Wish You Were Here.'

===============================

May it be, an Evening Star, shines down upon you!

Dr. Winston O'Boogie
Glenethor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 03:56 AM   #6
Sindalómiel
Wight

Sindalómiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Sindalómiel
Sting

I've been listening to the soundtrack on my CD player and in the car, but my computer has a tantrum and freezes when I try to play music, so am sorely deprived of the soundtrack when I'm here.
Old 02-13-2002, 09:38 AM   #7
Aprylien
Pile O'Bones

Aprylien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I love the LotR soundtrack. I'm just about to the point where I can place each music piece of music where it is in the film. I also bought two new Enya cd's (A Day Without Rain and Paint the Sky with Stars). I love any music she puts out. Also been listening to Loreena McKinnett. Her songs remind me of the epic tale type poetry in Tolkien's work.