Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2006, 11:47 AM   #441
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Good thinking pio. I might cut straight to the Tower in a bit then.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:05 PM   #442
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Bones buried. Honor required that Lindir forego the chance to see what lay in the tower.

Regarding the bones, I don't know quite what you had in mind, but I hope this helps.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:30 AM   #443
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

This is fabulous-only thing, why is Malris being addressed as though he was Lindir's King?

Ah, well. The Tower, and the Revelation, coming up...
Old 07-13-2006, 08:06 AM   #444
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
If I don't get Tasa's response up very soon, I will shortly after work (which will still be rather soon). Expect a post within the next four or five hours.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:56 PM   #445
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
This is fabulous-only thing, why is Malris being addressed as though he was Lindir's King?
The deference and formality, even the use of the word "leave", were carefully considered. Lindir has many faults but excessive pride is not on the list. He has always regarded Malris as his "better". The two have known each other several thousand years, yet are now about to part ways: Lindir to Middle-earth, and Malris to the West. This is no small thing. Moreover, Lindir has serious doubts about what is in that Tower and fears that Malris will not emerge alive.

Given this scenario, Lindir prefers a graceful, formal exit rather than the emotional scene that would likely result were he to expose his very real sorrow and regret. Lindir would also assume that Malris knew him well enough to sense that, beneath the formaility and deference, lay a wealth of genuine feeling. My post stands as written.

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 07-13-2006 at 05:04 PM.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:54 AM   #446
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

As I leave at 5:00 this afternoon, I fear I'm not quite going to see things to the end. I will write some posts rounding up Malris' story which pio can put where needed-is that alright?

So, Endamir's avoiding the Ghostbearer...is he going to Mithlond, or straight West?

Firefoot, will Lomwe sail West or not? Please say he will...rather embarassing for poor Malris to turn up at Cirdan's ship having lost all his companions by the wayside!
Old 07-14-2006, 03:35 AM   #447
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Endamir will sail westward ... and I believe he will be dropping Lindir off in Forlindon before he does so...
Old 07-14-2006, 07:13 AM   #448
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Yeah, he's sailing west.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:43 AM   #449
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

The Return Voyage

The boat that had been a little crowded with half-a-dozen felt almost empty with three. Malris and Tasa had found Lómwë waiting alone by the Ghostbearer.

"The others left by way of one of the fishermen's crafts," he explained to them. "Lindir has decided to return to Middle-earth, while Endamir would rather take the straight road alone, I think, than amid the bustle of the passage Cirdan has arranged for us."

"May the Valar give him an easy wind," Malris answered, biting his lip. "It is a small boat and Endamir is little versed in sailing."

"I do not think he will be troubled by storms this time," Tasa said quietly, looking up into the sky. It was indeed blue and cloudless, though there was a healthy pitch in the water and a chilly enough breeze.

"Let us to Mithlond, then. There we shall part our various ways," said Malris, feeling the wooden ship of the harp in his hand. "And I rename this vessel; not Ghostbearer, but Ghostlayer shall she be. I have," he smiled wryly, "a spare, white, sail..."

It was a swift, yet untroubled journey; indeed as if the ocean had taken pity on this battered group of travellers in their stained, torn, grey garb.

"Why, the Anduin can be more trouble than this," Lómwë remarked.

"On certain days. At certain periods. With certain passengers," Malris contemplated from the tiller. "This wind is a Western wind wafting us south-east, and I say it comes in the way of a reprieve."

And so it fell out. Mariners at Mithlond loitered at the harbour, waiting for the return of the ship with Star of Feanor on her black sail, scheduled to arrive on that day, waiting so that they could curse her.

But they saw no sign of the ship's dark sail. "She must have perished; good riddance," one Telerin sailor said to another. She had perished, in a way, or the spirit in which she had been launched; it had died within Malris when he decided to resist the Harp.

And none noticed the landing of a grey boat with a plain sail, with three wild-looking Elves swathed in tattered grey aboard.

None except the Shipwright, and he stood and wondered.

Malris, Tasa, and Lómwë found themselves disembarked amid a scene of splendour. Before a tall, three-masted ship the Shipwright spoke with the three Elven Ringbearers; Galadriel, mistress of Tasa, glorious but humble in the fresh cleansing of the air, her hair blown about; grave Elrond, foster-son of Maglor, bearing a silver harp, perhaps in secret remembrance; and hoary old Mithrandir, whose sardonic laugh brought something earthier to that very unearthly meeting.

"Tasarënì, my dear!" Galadriel cried in some astonishment. "You are as punctual as ever. Do you mean to come with my company after all?"

"Nay, my lady, mine is the way of Celeborn," Tasa replied with regret. In more ways than even Artanis knows, Malris thought. For Tasa too was watching her love sail while she waited on the shore. Only it was another sort of love, with less drama and more artistry.

The three last fighters of Maedhros' host went aside during the commotion the arrival of the Periannath caused, and Malris knelt before Tasa, kissing her hand once. Then they exchanged one look, a deep look of minds as well as eyes, and parted amid the throng. Malris and Lómwë filed wordlessly into the ranks of the Elven retinues of the Three Elven Ringbearers, walking uneasily over the birch ramp and onto the deck.

"You will find your wife, and Aradol too, Lómwë," Malris said softly as they walked alone on the deck. "Aradol was an innocent, and will have been freed from Mandos. He'll be a fine young Elf now...a sturdy son for your old age, eh?" he said, unable to resist a gentle jibe.

Lómwë looked back, and silence fell for a little. "You will enter Namo's Halls to find Giledhel?"

"Aye."

"Then may you be rewarded as you deserve," Lómwë said, his eyes wide. Malris almost thought that in that moment he had the aspect of a prophet.

"That is all I can hope for." Would he be forgiven by his time-estranged wife? Malris did not know; but this he was now sure of, that had he denied himself this path to possible reconciliation, he would never have forgiven himself.

The breakers shifted and crawled and pounced, but the ship went on just the same. It was a smooth road, a quiet road, a simple road.

A straight road.

Ahem. Does this work as a last post? If anyone wants changes, do speak up.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:03 AM   #450
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

It's been great fun, everyone. I'm off now...
Old 07-16-2006, 02:46 AM   #451
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Question

Fea, Firefoot

Do either of you want to put on a final post?

If not, I'll fill in Endamir's save and then put Ang's final post on thegame.

~*~ Pio
Old 07-16-2006, 09:53 AM   #452
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I do want to put up a final post, but I don't know how exactly to make it fit since I don't know what the others have planned.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:25 AM   #453
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

By the time Tasa gets to the ship - Lindir and Endamir will have left in their small sail boat. So you only have to coordinate a post with Firefoot.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:53 AM   #454
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Okay.

Firefoot? Have you got anything planned that I should know about?
Old 07-16-2006, 12:09 PM   #455
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I'm not going to write another post for Lomwe; I'll leave that end as Ang has it. But I think I'm going to edit a little more into the last post I wrote, to make it a bit more conclusive. So Fea, do as you want with your post.

It's been excellent writing with you all.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:20 PM   #456
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Actually... I'm still not sure what I'm doing. Where does Ang's final post leave everybody?
Old 07-16-2006, 02:08 PM   #457
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Well --- this is the last post by Ang:

Quote:
The Return Voyage

The boat that had been a little crowded with half-a-dozen felt almost empty with three. Malris and Tasa had found Lómwë waiting alone by the Ghostbearer.

"The others left by way of one of the fishermen's crafts," he explained to them. "Lindir has decided to return to Middle-earth, while Endamir would rather take the straight road alone, I think, than amid the bustle of the passage Cirdan has arranged for us."

"May the Valar give him an easy wind," Malris answered, biting his lip. "It is a small boat and Endamir is little versed in sailing."

"I do not think he will be troubled by storms this time," Tasa said quietly, looking up into the sky. It was indeed blue and cloudless, though there was a healthy pitch in the water and a chilly enough breeze.

"Let us to Mithlond, then. There we shall part our various ways," said Malris, feeling the wooden ship of the harp in his hand. "And I rename this vessel; not Ghostbearer, but Ghostlayer shall she be. I have," he smiled wryly, "a spare, white, sail..."

It was a swift, yet untroubled journey; indeed as if the ocean had taken pity on this battered group of travellers in their stained, torn, grey garb.

"Why, the Anduin can be more trouble than this," Lómwë remarked.

"On certain days. At certain periods. With certain passengers," Malris contemplated from the tiller. "This wind is a Western wind wafting us south-east, and I say it comes in the way of a reprieve."

And so it fell out. Mariners at Mithlond loitered at the harbour, waiting for the return of the ship with Star of Feanor on her black sail, scheduled to arrive on that day, waiting so that they could curse her.

But they saw no sign of the ship's dark sail. "She must have perished; good riddance," one Telerin sailor said to another. She had perished, in a way, or the spirit in which she had been launched; it had died within Malris when he decided to resist the Harp.

And none noticed the landing of a grey boat with a plain sail, with three wild-looking Elves swathed in tattered grey aboard.

None except the Shipwright, and he stood and wondered.

Malris, Tasa, and Lómwë found themselves disembarked amid a scene of splendour. Before a tall, three-masted ship the Shipwright spoke with the three Elven Ringbearers; Galadriel, mistress of Tasa, glorious but humble in the fresh cleansing of the air, her hair blown about; grave Elrond, foster-son of Maglor, bearing a silver harp, perhaps in secret remembrance; and hoary old Mithrandir, whose sardonic laugh brought something earthier to that very unearthly meeting.

"Tasarënì, my dear!" Galadriel cried in some astonishment. "You are as punctual as ever. Do you mean to come with my company after all?"

"Nay, my lady, mine is the way of Celeborn," Tasa replied with regret. In more ways than even Artanis knows, Malris thought. For Tasa too was watching her love sail while she waited on the shore. Only it was another sort of love, with less drama and more artistry.

The three last fighters of Maedhros' host went aside during the commotion the arrival of the Periannath caused, and Malris knelt before Tasa, kissing her hand once. Then they exchanged one look, a deep look of minds as well as eyes, and parted amid the throng. Malris and Lómwë filed wordlessly into the ranks of the Elven retinues of the Three Elven Ringbearers, walking uneasily over the birch ramp and onto the deck.

"You will find your wife, and Aradol too, Lómwë," Malris said softly as they walked alone on the deck. "Aradol was an innocent, and will have been freed from Mandos. He'll be a fine young Elf now...a sturdy son for your old age, eh?" he said, unable to resist a gentle jibe.

Lómwë looked back, and silence fell for a little. "You will enter Namo's Halls to find Giledhel?"

"Aye."

"Then may you be rewarded as you deserve," Lómwë said, his eyes wide. Malris almost thought that in that moment he had the aspect of a prophet.

"That is all I can hope for." Would he be forgiven by his time-estranged wife? Malris did not know; but this he was now sure of, that had he denied himself this path to possible reconciliation, he would never have forgiven himself.

The breakers shifted and crawled and pounced, but the ship went on just the same. It was a smooth road, a quiet road, a simple road.

A straight road.

So, you can see what he's done with the characters and fit your post so it leads into it . . . ?
Old 07-16-2006, 03:14 PM   #458
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I should never have second-guessed. No other post from me is necessary. I'd forgotten how attuned Ang became to how Tasa's story would end by me. I am content with what he has written.

It's been wonderful writing with you all. We must do it again...
Old 07-16-2006, 03:30 PM   #459
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Firefoot

Let me know when you are done editing -- then, I'll close the thread . . .

~*~ Pio
Old 07-16-2006, 03:50 PM   #460
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Okay - all done.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:59 PM   #461
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Thumbs up

I re-read the entire game - great writing everyone!

I'm very happy to have been part of such a lovely project. Hope to write with you all once again some time.

~*~ Pio
Old 07-21-2006, 12:00 AM   #462
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

~*~ Finis ~*~
Old 07-21-2006, 12:00 AM   #463
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

~*~ To Elvenhome ~*~