The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #41
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Nienna is a very operatic vala.
I think so as well, but she isn't exactly the Venus-type...

Oh, sorry. I feel an aria coming...

Nun will ich aber heben an,
Vom Tannhäuser wollen wir singen,
Und was er Wunders hat getan,
Mit Frau Venussinnen.

Der Tannhäuser war ein Ritter gut,
Er wollt' gross Wunder schauen;
Da zog er in Frau Venus Berg,
Zu andern schönen Frauen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath on Fea
Honestly, I think ignoring you is the best thing we can do, at least until you stop trying to confuse us and start actually playing.
Says who? I mean the "actually playing" part... Are we now a bit too eager to show up our qualities as a decent player who has as his goal the elimination of the critics so that everyone could sing as bad as they wished? Have you Gwath started actually playing and what is your game?

Nice manouvres Fea! I did enjoy them. But then again that's the very same with everyone and everytime. The trick is to know when it's option b) rather than option a). And yes, one can get mad trying to come to a fair consideration about these...

Boro and Agan: hush you mediocrities! Talking about insignificant cartoons in the temple of real art!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #42
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The moddess speaks again..

Since I have done my intro please read and remember you are contestants not townsfolk darlings.... and you may wish to bear in mind that I share Rossini's opinion of Wagner.. (whoever he will be in several ages of ME) Hojotoho! However Nienna is a kind of Valkyrie - I guess...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace

Last edited by Mithalwen; 01-06-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:00 PM   #43
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Three people that I currently refuse to lynch no matter the circumstances:

Agan: for even mentioning Great Mouse Detective
Boro: for knowing the movie AND for mentioning Tim Curry (he SHOULD have done the voice, by the way, he's amazing!!)
Phantom: for getting Phantom (of the Opera) stuck in my head

In other news, I'm now off to work. When I get back I'm going to have to put in Phantom of the Opera (followed by various other musicals) and read posts.

And so....

"One day more til revolution, we will nip it in the bud. We'll be ready for these critics, they shall wet themselves with blood."
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:01 PM   #44
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGWBS
Why not drive out tricksy headache-maker? Someone must die. We know not who is critic. Ergo, it best to kill tricksy folk. They as likely as anyone to be critic, but if not, at least townsfolk remove headache. Townsfolk then can think clear.
You think removing one of the clearest thinkers is the best way to foster clear thinking? You've been gone far too long, bud, your Werewolf logic is rusty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
And sorry phantom, I ain't flattering you in this game yet.
Too bad. I was looking forward to it.

And good, I see Nog has arrived. He'll show the lot of you how to sing.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:03 PM   #45
Ilya
Wight

Ilya has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Hi all. Sorry to come in so late.

Read through the posts thusfar and I have nothing substantive to add other than the fact that I am sufficiently scared of every single one of you.

So if anyone needs me I'll be playing medieval total war inside the prompt box, because, frankly, isn't anyone's time well spent reconquista-ing the reconquista? I'll be back once the Iberian peninsula is mine.

Last edited by Ilya; 01-06-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Ilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:04 PM   #46
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Three people that I currently refuse to lynch no matter the circumstances:

Agan: for even mentioning Great Mouse Detective
Mouse detective? What about the Marvellous Mechanical Mouse Organ?

I need to leave you for a while, for a while... sing nicely while I am gone

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #47
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Is there anyone here named "Christine"?

Just... erm... wondering.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #48
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Is that an exact quote in the siggy, Sally?

I think it is!

I'd better watch what I say when I IM in the future. Sally can't keep things to herself.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #49
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Is there anyone here named "Christine"?

Just... erm... wondering.

I can if you want me to be.

(Sorry, it just....I couldn't resist....I'm going back to my rabbit hole now, k?)

EDIT: X'd with Phantom. Heh, I told you to go look at my sig. It was just too funny to resist.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:31 PM   #50
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
T

And so....

"One day more til revolution, we will nip it in the bud. We'll be ready for these critics, they shall wet themselves with blood."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post

So if anyone needs me I'll be playing medieval total war inside the prompt box, because, frankly, isn't anyone's time well spent reconquista-ing the reconquista? I'll be back once the Iberian peninsula is mine.
Remember: the reconquista is important because your troops will later apply the strategies, skills, and crusading mindset acquired during that campaign to the conquest of Latin America. Oh, I forgot you were in the Middle Ages, never mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Says who?
Why, Napoleon, of course, in his Art of Werewolf (Maxim 13, if you're curious).

I said it. If the purpose of a particular post is to perplex upon inspection, I don't see the point in trying to analyze it. Why give the poster that satisfaction? This is my opinion.

Quote:
Are we now a bit too eager to show up our qualities as a decent player who has as his goal the elimination of the critics so that everyone could sing as bad as they wished?
An ironic question, and one which does not follow very closely from the post in view. Nogrod attempts to make himself look good by accusing me of trying to make myself look good. Nice try.

Quote:
Have you Gwath started actually playing and what is your game?
If I had a "game" (I suppose you mean "strategy"), I certainly wouldn't tell you about it.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:51 PM   #51
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
I'll be back once the Iberian peninsula is mine.
Those cavalry units on the northern mountains may prove to be a hindrance though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel
Talk of triple-lynching can be risky, even as a joke. Thankfully, we wraiths lack a sense of humor.
Making the point that a triple lynch (anyway we only can make a double-lynch) might be risky... hmmm... to whom at this point? For the critics themselves I think... one lynch and we probably end up with a fine and innocent singer toDay; a double lynch... the odds to bring down a critic get better... or at least the critics should have more to fear at this early hour if that option is open.

Anyway: confessedly lacking a sense of humour? A well known trait of music-critics over the whole wide world. Artists have fun, critics are grumpy, everyone knows that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Are we now a bit too eager to show up our qualities as a decent player who has as his goal the elimination of the critics so that everyone could sing as bad as they wished?
An ironic question, and one which does not follow very closely from the post in view. Nogrod attempts to make himself look good by accusing me of trying to make myself look good. Nice try.
Accusing? Aren't we a wee bit touchy now?
*not an accusation, a question...*
Old 01-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #52
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Going to sleep now... you know the voice needs some rest.

But I can't resist the fitting ending for my part at this time, noticing Mith's comments on backing Rossini.

So let me end up with a part from "Guillaume Tell".

Sois immobile, et vers la terre
Incline un genou suppliant.
Invoque Dieu: c'est lui seul, mon enfant,
Qui dans le fils peut épargner le père.

Demeure ainsi, mais regarde les cieux.
En menaçant une tête si chère,
Cette pointe d'acier peut effrayer tes yeux.
Le moindre mouvement... Jemmy, songe à ta mère!
Elle nous attend tous les deux!

So let's be careful out there that we don't get a twisted wagon rolling with innocent eyes looking at the arrow of death to the eye.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #53
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by menel
And as for the guy who be tarzan, I suggest he take a bath.
Wild Man may smell, but Wild Man free. Wild Man not child. Wild Man not take bath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
You think removing one of the clearest thinkers is the best way to foster clear thinking? You've been gone far too long, bud, your Werewolf logic is rusty.
When one man too wise, he no use. Nobody understand too wise man...

Ilya - Total War good practice. Hunt the gorgûn!
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:07 PM   #54
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short View Post
Wild Man may smell, but Wild Man free. Wild Man not child. Wild Man not take bath.

When one man too wise, he no use. Nobody understand too wise man...

Ilya - Total War good practice. Hunt the gorgûn!

The English major in me wants to kill you. *resists the urge*

Heh, I still haven't gone to work. Go me.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #55
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:

Accusing? Aren't we a wee bit touchy now?
*not an accusation, a question...*
The two are by no means mutually exclusive. A question can be used to state one's opinion quite as easily as any other form of sentence, and your question had distinct accusatory overtones. Whether or not I was being touchy is a matter of perspective, however, and you can't please everyone.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #56
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
The English major in me wants to kill you. *resists the urge*
Syntax not prerequisite for semantics!

Wild Man feel verbiose.

Last edited by the guy who be short; 01-06-2009 at 05:14 PM. Reason: fixing quotes
Old 01-06-2009, 05:21 PM   #57
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
I can if you want me to be.
Ah, good. Then the Angel of Music shall take you under his wing, and your voice will soon be the best at this contest.

And TGWBS needs to stay alive. Don't kill him early, Wolves! For even you must appreciate a laugh now and again.

Hmm... This is the first game where I've actually been scared of the Cobbler.

He'll dream of the gifteds and tell the Werewolves. He has true power. He's not just a suicidal distraction.

I'm currently thinking through things he could do. There are some interesting possibilities. I've thought of one devious ploy he could run, but I'd rather wait and look for it as opposed to announce it ahead of time. Anyway... just thinking out loud here.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:22 PM   #58
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I see tgwbs, and it just strikes up images of our double suicidal lynching...that was good - I can't believe that worked. Well, I guess all is fair in love and opera.

Edit: x'ed with tp.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #59
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
He'll dream of the gifteds and tell the Werewolves. He has true power. He's not just a suicidal distraction.~tp
I always say get rid of the cobbler as soon as we can, and everyone always disagrees. Even just as a distraction, the cobbler serves no good use, period.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:40 PM   #60
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
I always say get rid of the cobbler as soon as we can, and everyone always disagrees. Even just as a distraction, the cobbler serves no good use, period.
I would usually disagree. In most games I urge that we ignore the Cobbler early, as he stands a good chance of dying anyway (via lynch or WW kill). I always concern myself with the Wolves.

But in this game, I would totally be willing to gun for the Cobbler. He's dangerous.

So remember that, Seer! It may not be a great idea to try and look like a Cobbler to survive at night. I know other Seers have tried that before, but in this game it'll get you lynched.

*clears throat*

Dear Mithy just a brief reminder
My salary has not been paid

Old 01-06-2009, 05:51 PM   #61
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
I know other Seers have tried that before, but in this game it'll get you lynched.~tp
Retractables add a different dimension and serve as an extra-protection from making boneheaded lynches such as the seer. If the seer likes to be in the danger zone of suspicion he/she has more time before deciding whether there is too much suspicion and when's a good time to reveal. Of course, the seer will be gone the next night, but retractables should serve as extra protection.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:51 PM   #62
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I wish Tim Curry voiced Professor Ratigan - he's my idol.
He actually even looks a bit like Ratigan.
I love Jeremy Irons. I'm so happy he voiced Scar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil View Post
Come now, who between us would be the best baddie anyhow, a human from the White City or someone who can drive people to mass panic by screeching?
See my avatar. He's my pet and he sings better than you.

Quote:
Boro and Agan: hush you mediocrities! Talking about insignificant cartoons in the temple of real art!
Insignificant cartoons?? I'll tell you who's insignificant here! Disney movies are great works of art!

Okay this is where I got before I was interrupted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
Too bad. I was looking forward to it.
You should play more often. One of these games I'll actually be a wolf and you're sorry because you aren't playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
I'd better watch what I say when I IM in the future. Sally can't keep things to herself.
Heh you are not the only one.

Anyway I had some actual things to say but now I'm too tired to think and guess I'll just go to sleep. You'll hear more from me tomorrow.

edit: xed with Boro
Old 01-06-2009, 05:58 PM   #63
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Another thought, it might be a good idea for the diva/o to just reveal now? I mean he/she can't be killed by the critics - right? We don't want to lynch this person, and this would give us one person we won't have to worry about.

Quote:
I love Jeremy Irons. I'm so happy he voiced Scar.~Agan
I don't think anyone can replace Jeremy Irons as the supreme overlord of villain voices.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:58 PM   #64
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I agree with the phantom about the cobbler being dangerous. We really need to get him early before he dreams of one of us. Of course, it is also possible that the phantom himself is the cobbler trying to divert attention off of himself by his aggressive stance, so I don't think we can rule anyone out there.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:02 PM   #65
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Oh wait, scratch that diva/o idea, they could serve as protection during the night phase.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:03 PM   #66
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Boro I'm not sure if that's a good idea. Yes we'd have a known innocent and the seer wouldn't waste their dream, but there's also a chance the cobbler wastes a dream on the diva/divo, or that the wolves attack them. Though I think it's pretty much up to the diva/o to decide which option is more useful for them.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:06 PM   #67
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Now would that make your last post "virtually useless?"

At this stage, I'm pretty much just posting my running thoughts, just as another way to talk to myself.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:08 PM   #68
Strongbow
Wight

Strongbow has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Strongbow Send a message via MSN to Strongbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil View Post
I agree with the phantom about the cobbler being dangerous. We really need to get him early before he dreams of one of us. Of course, it is also possible that the phantom himself is the cobbler trying to divert attention off of himself by his aggressive stance, so I don't think we can rule anyone out there.
This early? I'm not so certain. I don't think that the phantom would play that...strangely right out of the gate.

Cobbler-sneak is a problem, but I don't think that the cobbler-sneak is a Day 1 problem. I think it's a Day 2 problem. And then we kill them.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:09 PM   #69
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Now would that make your last post "virtually useless?"
Nope, I can appear clever by thinking the same way with you.

Bowie when phantom is in question nothing should be ruled out. He can do anything, however little sense it seems to make at first.

Now I'm really going to sleep.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:16 PM   #70
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Ganzy, speaking of IM... have I never added you to my list?! I will do so straight away when I get home tonight.

Boro- I know you liked that game yesterday!

And yes, Scar was super awesome cool.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:16 PM   #71
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Cobbler-sneak is a problem, but I don't think that the cobbler-sneak is a Day 1 problem. I think it's a Day 2 problem. And then we kill them.~Strongbow
I'm not quite sure the logic in that. What makes the cobbler a bigger problem on Day 2 than Day 1?

I guess, it would be good to stay wolf-focused, because by the Cobbler's very nature he/she will reveal in one way or another - either by the posts or directly. But, I think this is a different threat, it's like a seer for the wolf team now.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:20 PM   #72
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Boro- I know you liked that game yesterday! ~tp
Oh definitely, but overall I'm an embarassed Big 10 fan; 1 - 6 in the bowls! Agh, what national embarassment. Hey, I'm not too down, my teams recruited a top QB that supposedly fits into Rich's system.

I told myself I would not engage in football gossip this time, but it's so hard! I don't know if some understand how hard that can be, I know Mith certainly doesn't.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:23 PM   #73
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Wild Man agree - divo be hidden!

Re: Cobbler. He great danger indeed. Quicker xe die, better. If we kill critic, still two more critic. If we kill cobbler, no more cobbler.

Yet, cobbler perhaps more hard to find. While cobbler hard to find, perhaps critic kill xim in night. Ergo, Wild Man agree with Strongbow - try for critic today, cobbler tomorrow.

Wild Man feel phantom speaks logic. But phantom indeed tricksy. Menel correct, perhaps phantom cobbler. But Wild Man believe not.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:30 PM   #74
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel
Of course, it is also possible that the phantom himself is the cobbler trying to divert attention off of himself by his aggressive stance
Of course I'm the Cobbler. Mwu ha ha!

Oops. I was supposed to keep that a secret. Sorry Wolves. I blew it for you. I told Mith she shouldn't give me an important role. I'm not very good at this game.

As far as Divo/Diva behavior, I won't comment for now. I suspect there are a couple tactics that are certain to be used. We'll see if they work.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #75
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I love Jeremy Irons. I'm so happy he voiced Scar.
Jeremy Irons is really really awesome.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:46 PM   #76
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:

I don't think anyone can replace Jeremy Irons as the supreme overlord of villain voices.
Alan Rickman can.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:49 PM   #77
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Leaving Mr. Irons for the present...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
I'm not so certain. I don't think that the phantom would play that...strangely right out of the gate.
Have you played with the phantom much?
Old 01-06-2009, 06:49 PM   #78
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Yes, the Big Ten did not fare well, did they? It's okay. There are ups and downs. And things don't always go as they should. I mean honestly- the Big XII North went undefeated, while not a single team from the South has played up to potential thus far.

Due to the extreme power of the Cobbler, and the fact that there is a villager who is immune to the Wolf-kill, I would say that the Wolves will not be free to follow a strict kill-the-Seer policy. There will be conversations like this-

Wolf 1: I think person A is the most likely Seer.
Wolf 2: I agree, but I also suspect they could be the Cobbler.
Wolf 3: Yeah, we can't risk that. How about going with our second Seer suspect?
Wolf 1: But we said that they could very well be the Divo/Diva daring us to kill them.
Wolf 2: So what, go with option 3?

Keep this in mind as you attempt to set yourself up to be killed at Night.

(I'm assuming all of you Ordos are trying to die at Night to protect the gifteds.)
Old 01-06-2009, 06:51 PM   #79
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

What have we warned you about assuming?
Old 01-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #80
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
Alan Rickman can.
Alan Rickman.... We mere mortals don't deserve to watch his films.

*chuckles to self, thinking about Galaxy Quest*