The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2003, 01:02 PM   #1
*evenstar*

Silmaril What About After The Movies?

But what about after the movies? I'm scared people will forget the magic of Middle Earth!! Maybe they'll do more movies of other books but it doesn't seem likely. Then Harry Potter will be the only fad, and he's cool and all but he's second, and LOTR will always be first. <BR> *evenstar*
Old 06-14-2003, 01:07 PM   #2
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

I won't let them forget it! I'm working on a script for a TV show based on the Silmarillion! They're not going to forget Tolkien with this! <P>So far, I'm still at the Creation, but I've got the storyline of all the episodes planned out. The bigger stories will be chopped up at all the great cliffhangers so people have to come back and watch.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 01:12 PM   #3
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Don't worry, evenstar; the Ringers of the world will make sure they don't forget! And think, us Ringers will have kids, and get them into LotR, and then they'll have kids and get <I>them</I> into LotR.... It's a cycle!!!<P>Oh, and BTW, Welcome to the Barrow-Downs, evenstar!!! Enjoy being dead.
Old 06-14-2003, 01:30 PM   #4
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

That's a great idea Sapphire! I've actually picked out a name for my son (if I have one and I don't marry an Indian, because then it'll just sound bad). I'm going to name him Andre Ereinion (Neo for short) and if I have a daughter, I'll name her Aredhel Theodwyn (Thea for short).
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 02:36 PM   #5
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thea is such a pretty name.<P>I'm terrified of life after Lotr. After the movies there will be nothing but the possibility of a Hobbit movie. Of course, there's the Downs but nothing major to look forward to. *sob*
Old 06-14-2003, 02:44 PM   #6
The_Hand
Haunting Spirit

The_Hand has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

I looove lotr but lets face it! to most people it's just a fad and it will like all others pass but we, the loyal and real fans will always stay true to lotr and Tolkien who rules big time <P>Thea? You know in my country, Norway, that's a girls name... I have a friend names Thea.
The_Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 03:38 PM   #7
QuickSlash
Wight

QuickSlash has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to QuickSlash Send a message via Yahoo to QuickSlash
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> But what about after the movies? I'm scared people will forget the magic of Middle Earth!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The people who forget the beauty and splendor that Tolkein brought to this world are people who were never trully fans. The Lord of the Rings is a book series (and movie trilogy) that touches nearly all who read it, and you're never quite the same after you read (see) it. <P>If after a few years, you no longer care, you've forgotten the characters of the Fellowship, then you never trully cared in the first place. It was just another book (movie) to you.<P>And it doesn't bother me to think that the fan base will die down. *I* won't miss the people who obsessed over it just because Legolas/Aragorn/whoever was so hot. ;P
Old 06-14-2003, 05:16 PM   #8
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I have to agree with <B>Sapphire_Flame</B> it is a cycle! I just can't wait until I get to the time where I can introduce the movie and the books to the future young people of the world.<P>I actually considered becoming somekind of teacher just so that I could show the movies as a "special gift" to my class, and I could hang my poster in my room. (Actually before LOTR:FOTR opened New Line must have sent posters to schools or something like that because one of my teachers had a poster that she hung outside of her room, and I remember looking at that with so much interest everytime I walked by, and one of my old teachers had a Star Trek Standee in her room)<P>We will have much to look forward towards though like hopefully a Hobbit movie, the 10th, 20th, and 30th anniversaries of the release of the film (which is when they will probably put the movies back in the theaters). The large, amazingly huge, 20 disk, 3 movie (extended and theatrical version), with 47 hours of special features (including bloopers) LOTR Triology DVD set, and of course Conventions
Old 06-14-2003, 05:29 PM   #9
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

Oh yeh! I forgot about the supposed 2005 release of a back-to-back version of all three movies. Great way to waste a day!
Old 06-14-2003, 08:00 PM   #10
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Waste a Day! You will probably be able to waste much more time than just that.
Old 06-14-2003, 08:10 PM   #11
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

Waste a week then
Old 06-15-2003, 01:53 AM   #12
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

We will all have to cling to our extended version DVD's, move to New Zealand, stalk all the actors.. capture them and force them into character once more!

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 02:38 AM   #13
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have no idea what I'll do! First I'll cry because it'll all be over, then I'll recover...then I'll cry again because there won't be anything to look forward to...
Old 06-15-2003, 02:46 AM   #14
Noxomanus
Wight

Noxomanus has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm under the impression some of you are a bit too deep into the whole thing. I hope some of you don't really suppose they could make a living by teaching little kids about Tolkien. It's noble but you wouldn't earn a penny.Furthermore you can get a horse to water but you can't make it drink.If the kids want to be informed about Tolkien,they'll do so,if they don't,they won't.
Old 06-15-2003, 11:09 PM   #15
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I'm under the impression some of you are a bit too deep into the whole thing. I hope some of you don't really suppose they could make a living by teaching little kids about Tolkien. It's noble but you wouldn't earn a penny.Furthermore you can get a horse to water but you can't make it drink.If the kids want to be informed about Tolkien,they'll do so,if they don't,they won't. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>You are very brave saying that here...

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 11:23 PM   #16
Frodo 007
Haunting Spirit

Location: Wellington, New Zealand (Middle-Earth Baby Yeah!!!)
Frodo 007 has just left Hobbiton.
how could anyone ever forget about LOTR???i know i never ever will...it will always live on for me and for so many other people!!! i don't think we have anything to be afraid of!!!
Old 06-16-2003, 03:13 PM   #17
Ophelia
Wight

Ophelia has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

My thought is while there will be some Tolkien fans the legend of Middle-earth will never die .<BR>Atleast you can count on me in unforgeting . <BR>And the book will live after the movies too .
Old 06-17-2003, 03:29 PM   #18
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Oh yeh! I forgot about the supposed 2005 release of a back-to-back version of all three movies. Great way to waste a day! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Waste a day? Hardly! How can you spend a day watching your favorite movies and call it a wasted day? <p>[ June 17, 2003: Message edited by: peonydeepdelver ]
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 07:34 PM   #19
Arielle

Tolkien

Well, maybe some people may forget the magic of the LOTR, but for me, it is too wonderful to forget...
Old 06-24-2003, 03:47 PM   #20
Roccotari Eldandil
Haunting Spirit

Roccotari Eldandil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Is the DVD set really going to be as big as Gorwingel said? (okay, probably not, I'm just super-gullible and I think that would be awesome.) Also, are there any conventions planned for the near future? I want to be able to wear my Elf-dress more than once!!!
Old 06-24-2003, 03:53 PM   #21
Lady_Galadriel
Wight

Lady_Galadriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lady_Galadriel
Tolkien

I will never forget!! And someday my childeren will never forget, they will be named after the coolest ME names ever!!! (Just like my cats!)
Old 06-25-2003, 09:01 PM   #22
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

If they make The Hobbit into a movie who should they cast for all the different roles?<P>PS: Sean Connery should do the voice of Smaug