The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2005, 10:33 AM   #81
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
Leaf Burn in Righteous Fire, Parsnip!

Spicy? You got the spicy platter? I'm so very sorry. That plate was meant for Gil-Galad. You were suppost to get the roasted chestnuts and sherry. Very sorry indeed!

Quote:
Incidently, you were not the only one to discuss possible gifteds: our spicy experimenter, Mr Perky, also did so.

Can you elaborate on that a little. I think by gifteds, you mean werewolves, but i'm not entirely sure as to what's going on at the moment. Maybe i've been using too much parsnip.

EDIT: Wow. Three pages and not a single lynch yet. Me thinks this will be a very interesting game
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:37 AM   #82
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Glirdan's nervousness is making me nervous. He posts a lot, and I do mean a lot, but much of the time he is saying very little. Glirdan, you do not have to defend yourself after every post that makes mention of you. When day started I had no real reason to suspect you, but the more you act like this, the more likely I am to find reason to vote for you.

As for Wayne, Zali, and Gil, I really hope they post soon. Especially Wayne and Zali. Wayne has posted once right after Wilwa's death and it didn't give us much to go on. And Zali hasn't posted at all.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:44 AM   #83
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perky Ent
Can you elaborate on that a little. I think by gifteds, you mean werewolves, but i'm not entirely sure as to what's going on at the moment. Maybe i've been using too much parsnip.
Gifteds = Seer/Ranger/Hunter

Where are Wayne, Gil and Azaelia...
Old 09-18-2005, 10:48 AM   #84
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Deep fat fried French toast...I like the feeling of my arteries hardening

Believe it or not, at this moment I'm actually inclined to think that Glirdan might just be an innocent with a rather flimsy grasp of how to carry on. That is just an instinct though. Careful watching of that one is required, although I'm not inclined to vote for him at the moment.

Whatever we do, let's not lynch Zali today. From what I've read and heard it would be extremely unusual for a werewolf not to interact at all with the intended victims on the first DAY. I'm pretty sure all three wolves are among us right now, but even if Zali is one of them, she can be kept until later. Besides, if she keeps this up she may buy it anyway.

Unfortunately, these thoughts lead me back to exactly nowhere. "Evidence" is far too strong a word for what is against Gil-Galad at the moment. Wayne is...well, Wayne.

As for everyone else, well...nobody else has really done anything too weird, but don't trust anyone. I don't object to suspicion cast in my direction (or anybody else's), just so long as there is some semblance of a rational basis for it. Unfortunately, it is DAY ONE and there is little rational basis for anything.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:49 AM   #85
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Quote:
Where are wayne, gil and azalea?
Once again, remember the time issue. For some peole, wherever they may be, it could be night. Some people may still be asleep. Others might have things to do but will be on for the voting. Just something to keep in mind (again)

And for those gifted, would this included the cursed?
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 09-18-2005, 10:53 AM   #86
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
And for those gifted, would this included the cursed?
Not exactly.

Speaking of The Perky Ent...

...some of his behavior might be construed as an attempt to beat some of the Gifteds out of the bush.

However, at the moment I'm not inclined to think he's guilty either.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:58 AM   #87
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Yes it would seem that way, wouldn't it? I'm just trying to get a hold on who's who as fast as I can, so that I can end this wolfish nightmare! ***slips between First person Real Life and 3rd Person RPG style*** Sorry for the confusion. According to my clock (which i've been having trouble wish), we have around 6 hours to find a coulpret. Still, it is too early to make acusasions. If only more would speak up. Like someone said before, I don't think Glirdan is a werewolf, but merely someone who is caught up in the confusion. Kitanna is starting to register on my radar. She seems too...well...maybe too rash. I'm not sure I need more chicken. Now let's see... *delves into "An Expert Guide in Experimental Cooking*
Old 09-18-2005, 11:02 AM   #88
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Márcolië Lamen has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree Me cotheri de cotheri deri Gadi

I am currently extreemly mad at my keyboard because I typed up a really long response then it disappeared from the page back key, retyped it, and had the same thing happen so sorry if this is rushed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing spawn of ungoliant
Márcolië doesn't really say anything in her two first posts. In her third post she just agrees with Perky that there are people who have not posted yet. She says that those people aren't helping enough. How have you helped, my dear? At this point you hadn't come forth with any theories.
Yes, I have not yet helped the village. I look forward to being able to do so, and will try to now that they is more to reflect upon. I hope, and will do whatever I can to help my esteemed neighbors catch the fiends amoung us friends.

Quote:
Márcolië posts often but says very little and she's being very careful. Look at her last post, for example. First Márcolië says something but then she starts to hesitate. There's no need to be so shy to make some solid arguments. I think that's rather obvious, don't you think?
I would see more with that argument if it had not been about midnight as I was making these posts . The inability to sleep combined with the lack of sleep caused my brain to think in extremely hard to understand and vocalize ways.

Upon the fact of those I'd like to see more Zali, Wayne, and Gil come to mind. Silence in itself is suspicious.

Though I feel Zali not posting would be too risky of a strategy for a wolf, so I feel she isn't the one to lynch...especially since there is nothing against her yet.

I have no ideas yet upon who I should be suspicious of. We are all going to be suspicious of each other until this dies out, but hopefully we'll manage to catch the wolves in the act.

Sorry this has nothing much in it, but I think I'm going to give up and switch computers because I just almost lost everything I typed again.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:07 AM   #89
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

"Me cother de cotheri deri Gadi." indeed! We are all secretly Gadi inside. For some reason, the three people that are on "everyone's" to-do list (Gil, Wayne, Azalea), are those which I do not suspect. They just seem too low for the radar. These werewolves will probably want to get in good with the town, so less people suspect them. For example, imagine if Kuruharan, Phantom, and Boromir were the wolves! Imagine! I'm not trying to insinuate anything, i'm just saying that the werewolves (in my opinion) will have one loud speaker, a moderate speaker, and a moderate/quiet speaker.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:18 AM   #90
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
"I'd rather not imagine that Perky my friend. It is to horrible to think. But I agree with the fact that Gil, Zali and Wayne are probably innocent, but we can't dimiss the fact that they have barely (or in Zali's case) or not posted at all. It is still possible that they are the wolves." Glirdan said. He then turned to Cailin, but she wasn't there. "She must be around back" Glirdan thought. "I'll just call to her." "Oh Cailin!!! Could you get me another one of those cocktails or perhaps something stronger!?!?"
Old 09-18-2005, 11:23 AM   #91
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Quote:
For example, imagine if Kuruharan, Phantom, and Boromir were the wolves! Imagine!
That would be scary... not that this isn't currently, but with all three of them managing to be those we seem to be trusting most at this moment.

Reading through everything again, only suspicious post I have found was:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
I'm going to keep myself out of theories and possibilities, and mourn Wilwa like a sister.
It just seems too un-helpful to keep out of theories, because every theory may have some value. What we least expect may be what's going on, and everyone helping look out for things will help weed out, or at least list, more theories to help us rid ourselves of those wrongdoers in the town. The only reason to be doing so is so not to cast even more confusion upon us. ...it is almost too out there saying look I'm not posting for a wolf, but an innocent wouldn't have a reason to do so at all because we can't go farther down now except losing even more of our villagers to these evil fiends. Any ideas from an innocent's mind could help us extremely later on.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:30 AM   #92
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
"All right, all right. You cannot expect me to work 24/7 now, huh?"

She looked glaringly at Glirdan.

"And maybe, dear teacher, it would be wise for you to stay away from the liquor for a little while. Not everyone is really eager to trust you right now and getting more drunk and babbly will certainly not help you. Just ale for you, then."

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Perky
i'm just saying that the werewolves (in my opinion) will have one loud speaker, a moderate speaker, and a moderate/quiet speaker.
That is, if I remember correctly, not just your opinion. Anyway, we cannot know this. It's a very sensible possibility, as you can divide the whole town in these three categories and they will all have about an equal number of representatives.

Quote:
She (Kitanna) seems too...well...maybe too rash. I'm not sure I need more chicken. Now let's see...
Where does she seem too rash? I have not seen anyone acting rashly today.

I'm starting to become a bit wary concerning you, Perky. You seem a little overly helpful and repetitive. But maybe you are one of those people who seem to blossom during a crisis.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 11:31 AM   #93
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Márcolië Lamen
That would be scary... not that this isn't currently, but with all three of them managing to be those we seem to be trusting most at this moment.
Ho! I am not trusting anyone, least of all the people you just named. There's a world of difference between trusting someone and thinking it unwise to vote for them - at least on Day 1.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:45 AM   #94
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

I've just received an urgent message to go to the next village. It seems that my expertise in the care of ill frogs is needed at the West Tinseltown Amphibian Aquarium this evening, so I'll have to be heading over there in about two hours and will be kept there indefinitely.

All of which means that I'll have to be one of the earlier voters toDAY...
Old 09-18-2005, 12:02 PM   #95
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

I'm not a werewolf so this reputed "Kuruharan, phantom, Boromir88" triad is already burst. Can't speak for the phantom or Boromir though, and I don't trust them either.

In the realm of poking around in order to be annoying:

Cailín and Celuien (I should call them the two Cs or something) bear watching, if for no other reason that they are so bland and have not attracted any attention. They make me uneasy and one (although probably not both {even though that might be possible}) might very well be a werewolf.

Also I think Márcolië Lamen may be on to something in finding Anguirel unhelpfulness to be...unhelpful.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:17 PM   #96
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Shield

Well...i'm not a werewolf either. I'm sure that helps. *insert sarcasm here* I think it is possible that one of the two C's are werewolves. I'm gonna try and get closer to a verdict on some people. Kuruharan was, in the beginning, at the top of my radar, but now he's starting to bounch back and forth from my suspicions. The thought of Boromir being a werewolf scares me. Kitaana seems a little hostile, as does Glirdan. I'm gonna have to read through this thread one more time. And yes, I probably am comming off as repetitive and overly helpful. I'll cut back on the turkey
Old 09-18-2005, 12:18 PM   #97
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan
In the realm of poking around in order to be annoying:

Cailín and Celuien (I should call them the two Cs or something) bear watching, if for no other reason that they are so bland and have not attracted any attention. They make me uneasy and one (although probably not both {even though that might be possible}) might very well be a werewolf.
This might actually be a strategy I'd approve of. They're dull, let's accuse them? Maybe they spend all their excitingness at night?

Honestly, Kuru, I cannot defend myself in any other way than you just did yourself. I am not a wolf. I'm really a no-special girl here. Celuien alarmed me right from the beginning though, because of his (or is it her?) insisting to be as loud as possible. Even though it looks like he makes valid points in this discussion, he's mostly just repeating the phantom, spawn and some others he listed as valuable. Not that I think we should all vote for him, nor do I really suspect him. I'll just be watching closely.

Zali's absense is beginning to disturb me. Maybe she has been eaten, too?
Old 09-18-2005, 12:24 PM   #98
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

"I'm sorry my dear Cailin. I'm still distraught because of Wilwa's death and the task that is laid before us. The ale will be fine. It is a sad thing that Celuien has to leave already, before we could even determine anything certain." Glirdan said shaking his head in dismay.

[/QUOTE]Ho! I am not trusting anyone, least of all the people you just named. There's a world of difference between trusting someone and thinking it unwise to vote for them - at least on Day 1.[/QUOTE]

"The only person that I trust out of that trio would be phantom. I have a gut feeling that he's innocent. I really don't have any suspicions anymore. I can't see Kuru be a wolf now. But I don't know whom to vote for. I wish Zali, Gil and Wayne would say something to help me choose who...." Glirdan trailed off into thought once more.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:27 PM   #99
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Sorry for the double post

"The only thing I can say in my defense like all the rest of you is to say that I'm not a wolf. I've said it before asn I just said it again. But that's all I can say. I don't think we should just be watching one or two people, but everyone. And where is Zali? Maybe Cailin's right. What if she did get eaten......"
Old 09-18-2005, 12:29 PM   #100
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Márcolië, your answer makes you look more innocent to me but I know that you're wise enough not to make a fuss about my accusations, especially after people have pointed out that Glirdan's self defense seemed a bit too heated. So, I'm still keeping an eye on you - just like on everyone else, too.

I don't have much time left before I have to go. I think it's unfair that we may have to cast our votes without hearing of everybody. I understand that some people have unpredictable problems and therefore can't show up but still... *some muttering about commitment*
Old 09-18-2005, 12:30 PM   #101
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
many forgiveness for my quietness, i totally forgot about this thread... but i'm merely falling into my character role, if i was a wolf unthusiast one WW game, would lynch me because of that? so it is rather unfair to lynch someone based on their character role
Old 09-18-2005, 12:35 PM   #102
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad
many forgiveness for my quietness, i totally forgot about this thread... but i'm merely falling into my character role, if i was a wolf unthusiast one WW game, would lynch me because of that? so it is rather unfair to lynch someone based on their character role
I'm not sure about anyone else, but I wsn't planning on lynching you for your character role. I think your silence is what throws most people off.
Quote:
Kitanna seems a little hostile
Perky, could you tell me what I said to make you think that?
Old 09-18-2005, 12:45 PM   #103
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I have no time to post, so I'll make this quick.

Since we have no evidence, don't vote off the strategists today- they could be useful, especially if they're gifted.

Second, make a pool of your four primary suspects (for instance, right now it might be Gil, Zali, Glirdan, and Wayne who are being talked about the most), and then divide your votes between them, keeping the totals as close as possible so that the outcome is up in the air- but you probably want to avoid a double lynching.

That's all I have time to say.

Good luck.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:53 PM   #104
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

I got good news, I'm back earlier than I thought I'd be. Well mostly because I was supposed to work at this start of the hockey season celebration party...I got there, got everything set up to go, and turns out boss said I could go that we had plenty of help. So, I'm back, and I will read through the posts to catch up on what's been happening.

P.S., on something totally unrelated, Glirdan if you wish to go ahead and do the votes for the LOTR survivor you still may do so, as that was plan. If not just tell me and I'll do it.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:54 PM   #105
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

I'm not leaving just yet. There's still a vote to be made and I'm not going anywhere until I cast mine.

I'm not planning to vote for Gil-Galad. My early call to him was totally random and only calculated to get a response, which I see he has now given. Nor will I vote for Zali or Wayne. They simply haven't given me enough to go on.

Cailin is starting to make me uneasy, mostly because she seems determined to cast suspicion in my direction. Not to beat a dead horse, but the only thing Cailin has to accuse me of is asking everyone to participate in the discussion, and she seems to keep pressing the issue even though I've clarified and explained my position multiple times. I also found this strange:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín
But still, you are the first of us to actually make a list, which I suppose is only to be praised.
Backhanded praise if ever I saw it. I'd also like to point out that there were a few lists out there at the time, although mine was the first to have categories. I'm also curious to know how she reconciles the statement that I'm the first to do anything with her later statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín
Even though it looks like he makes valid points in this discussion, he's mostly just repeating the phantom, spawn and some others he listed as valuable.
I am a she, by the way.

Finally, I'm not opposed to being a touchpoint for discussion - that was part of the point of my call for loudmouths.
Old 09-18-2005, 01:12 PM   #106
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Please, people, let's not lynch Zali toDAY. Wolves have spoken this DAY. Let's try to concentrate on them.

I have an idea forming in my beady little brain...but it is not safe for me to mention yet. In fact, it may have to wait until DAY TWO (if I make it that far).
Old 09-18-2005, 01:15 PM   #107
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Ok I've looke through the posts and here's my further thoughts.

I agree with Kuru in that we should not decide to lynch Azaelia today. I think there's probably some reasoning for her not being here, other than she's a wolf. I think we should keep her on our watch list, but seeing as she's not here right now and we haven't heard from her, I'm in no position so say she's a wolf.

Quote:
For example, imagine if Kuruharan, Phantom, and Boromir were the wolves! Imagine! I'm not trying to insinuate anything~Perky
No offense taken, it's a reasonable feeling. You want to trust those who try to get things figured out and see who our culprits are. I hope my innocence will be shown in the days to come.

I don't know the reason behind Kuru and phantom in trying to steer opinion, but mine is quite simple. We need to find what the wolves strategies are and I'm trying to help in doing that. I simply offering ideas in what possibly wolves would do, you may either take it or leave it. And I suggest that if you think you got better ideas than please bring them up. Working as a colaborate group can get us through this.

Now my thoughts of course anyone could be a werewolf, you can't trust anyone at this point. Only the Seer can find out who's innocent and who's not. But here's what I think so far.

I'm not too suspicious of Perky, Phantom, Kuru, or Spawn at this point. My reasoning is I don't think the wolves would jump out of the gate early. I think they would tend more to lay back and try to sort of tag along to people, as long as they aren't the one's being suspected or are in danger. Though, I'm not saying none of the above aren't wolves, but right now I feel pretty safe that the ones above aren't wolves.

As I said, I think wolves would like to tag along in the beginning. Not saying much, just kind of going along with what everyone says. Now the problem is these could be wolves tagging along, or could be a villager that buy's into what others say. So right now, a little more suspicious, yet nothing really concrete or definite...

Kitanna
Lalaith
Celuien
Cailin
Azaelia
Marcolie, I buy what she has recently said as of right now.

So that leaves Gil-galad, Wayne, and Glirdan. These right now our my most suspicious, and even if they are, it does not mean they're a guaranteed lock for my vote. There's still a lot of day left and this early on I'm unsure about anything. For reasons I've stated prior and others that have been said.

Ok, that catches up on what I think about the events when I was gone.

Last edited by Boromir88; 09-18-2005 at 01:23 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 01:24 PM   #108
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
I simply cannot wait any longer. I'm irritated because I can't be around until the nightfall but no can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
If you are not contented with my behaviour, then vote for me.
Well, I must do what I'm told to do.

++GLIRDAN

Seriously, we have less material than what I had hoped. Everyone else should vote in a way that seems best to them though I agree with Kuru that voting for Azaelia might be waste of time and blood.

Okay, that's all. May the force be with you or something.
Old 09-18-2005, 01:24 PM   #109
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dűm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
I am sorry I havent posted that much I had to go to church.I have no suspicons yet but I growing more and more sucpicous of gil.Why because of he post he put he was sad about wilwa then he started talking about kitana.

Last edited by WaynetheGoblin; 09-18-2005 at 01:30 PM.
WaynetheGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 01:45 PM   #110
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

White Tree hmm..what to think

I agree with all of those saying that Zali shouldn't be lynched yet. She hasn't said anything either way so on the first day she shouldn't be the one lynched unless it is necessary.

Looking through the list of people some jump out as to those who have posted alot...and noticable posts....bolded

1.Anguirel
2.Azealia of Willowbottom
3.Boromir88
4.Cailěn
5.Celuien

6.Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant

7.Eonwe
8.Gil-Galad
9.Glirdan

10.Kitanna

11.Kuruharan

12.Lalaith
13.Márcolië Lamen
--obviously I recognize myself posting so not saying anything.
14.The Perky Ent
15.the phantom

16.WaynetheGoblin

I think at least one of these who are here the most is a wolf, out of the idea of keeping one active and others not so much so.

At the same time, I think at least one of the others is also a wolf.

Those italisized are those who according to others have been really tagging along so far. These are slightly suspicious actions always. Again, I think one is a wolf. I'm including myself even though I know myself to be innocent because otherwise I fit in the catagory.

Underlining those I am slightly more suspicious than the others, especially for a first day... these reasons include

Anguirel- unhelpfulness
Cailěn and Celuien- manage to be bland but also argue. Seems like they could be working together or one could be taking advantage of the other
Glirdan-strong defence of self, seems to be jumping at oppertunities
WaynetheGoblin- low apperence

Nothing about who I'm voting for is locked up but here is my thoughts as of now.

Because it is the first day its important to keep all those strong stratagists I think, its worth risking they're a wolf for at least one night because its a pull out of the hat and if they're villagers then they're the most helpful later on.

Beyond that, no ideas on who to vote to lynch, lets see how it plays out...too bad we must lynch one of our own before having idea of who it is doing this atrocity to us, unless we can manage to find one we'll just be bringing our own numbers down, and this seems too likely tonight.

edit: just mentioning cross-posted with spawn and wayne

Last edited by Márcolië Lamen; 09-18-2005 at 01:47 PM. Reason: cross posting
Márcolië Lamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 02:03 PM   #111
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

White-Hand Playing a hunch

I don't have time to wait anymore.

++CAILIN

I'm sure this will make me look terrible if she is lynched and found innocent, but I have to go with my instinct here.

And let me say one thing. If I were a wolf, I wouldn't have made myself as prominent as I have. It's too dangerous a position to be in. Just look at the number of people who have now included me on their high suspicion list.

At least I don't think I'm being bland.

Last edited by Celuien; 09-18-2005 at 02:03 PM. Reason: capitals
Celuien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 02:22 PM   #112
Kitanna
Child of the West

I see dancing spawn has choosen to vote for Glirdan which I hope no one will hold against me as I cast my vote...
++ Glirdan

I voiced earlier today that I found his often fiery defense a little unnerving. Whenever someone mentioned him as one of their suspects he would jump on it in minutes crying his innocence from the mountain. It seems strange to me that an innocent would do something like that. There is nothing wrong with a person saying they are innocent, but one well thought out defense should be enough on Day One.

Also Glirdan posts often (not as often as others though) but unlike the other people who post often he says little. I believe he had one relatively helpful post in the middle, but most of his others have been "I'm innocent!" "Don't lynch me because I am innocent!" and "How can you accuse me like this?" Quite frankly it has me worried.

Maybe he is just a paranoid villager or maybe he's a paranoid wolf. There's only one way to find out and I have a gut feeling he's a wolf.
Old 09-18-2005, 02:45 PM   #113
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Hmmm...I too find Glirdan's defensiveness suspicious but I've taken on board all the advice about not bandwaggoning. What I've noticed also is a bit of a Perky/Glirdan alliance. So, spreading the votes according to approved village strategy:

++Perky Ent

Last edited by Lalaith; 09-18-2005 at 02:48 PM. Reason: stupid new computer posting before I'd finished!
Lalaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 02:46 PM   #114
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Time to jump on the Glirdan band wagon. Just kidding. Unlike Kitanna and Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant, I think that Glirdan is merely just at the wrong place at the wrong time doing the wrong things. He does not strike me as one of the lupine, but just someone who got off on the wrong foot. My suspicion of Boromir grew when I heard
Quote:
I don't know the reason behind Kuru and phantom in trying to steer opinion, but mine is quite simple. We need to find what the wolves strategies are and I'm trying to help in doing that. I simply offering ideas in what possibly wolves would do, you may either take it or leave it. And I suggest that if you think you got better ideas than please bring them up. Working as a colaborate group can get us through this.
Seems pretty fair. But at the same time, do we want to place our future in the hands of what could be a powerful trio? I keep seeing the image of a Wolf jump from behind a cafe counter and terrorize the villagers. At the same time, I believe strategy is a key part of this game, and if we are lost, there is little hope. I'm not moving either way in terms of Boromir, Phantom, and Kuruharan. I'm just going to keep a close eye on them. Wayne and Marcolie I believe are nothing more than ordos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
If you are not contented with my behaviour, then vote for me.
Hmm...wait a minute. Could there be a hidden message? I'm fairly confident that Glirdan will not survive the terrors of Tinseltown alive. However, after reading his statement about killing him if you dont' like him, I thought of something. What if he wants to die? Well why would anyone want to die? Here's a thought (hypothetical, of course): Glirdan is the cursed villager. He's a nice person, and he want's to be lynched so he doesn't end up killing us all. It's a stretch, but always a possibility. Well, I must b e off. Eru willing, i will be back before 6.
Old 09-18-2005, 02:52 PM   #115
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
Here's a thought (hypothetical, of course): Glirdan is the cursed villager.
The cursed villager doesn't know they're cursed and even so lynching the cursed villager will yield nothing. They die and that's that. It only works when the wolves kill them during the night.
So even if Glirdan was the cursed villager he wouldn't want the village to lynch him.
Old 09-18-2005, 02:54 PM   #116
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Perky, a point of information: the cursed villager doesn't know that he's cursed.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:08 PM   #117
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Cailin is starting to make me uneasy, mostly because she seems determined to cast suspicion in my direction. Not to beat a dead horse, but the only thing Cailin has to accuse me of is asking everyone to participate in the discussion, and she seems to keep pressing the issue even though I've clarified and explained my position multiple times.
I have no intention at all to cast suspicion in your direction particularly, but more away from me. Not because I'm a hiding wolf, but because I'm an innocent who does not want to be lynched yet, because I think I might be able to help out.

I do not keep pressing the issue, which I am sure you concluded from what I said as a reaction to Kuru. I only meant this is why I found you alarming at first, and why I from then onwards kept a close eye on you. I understand this seems harsh if you are indeed innocent. It's only too easy to suspect those who suspect ourselves.

Quote:
Quote:
But still, you are the first of us to actually make a list, which I suppose is only to be praised.
Backhanded praise if ever I saw it. I'd also like to point out that there were a few lists out there at the time, although mine was the first to have categories. I'm also curious to know how she reconciles the statement that I'm the first to do anything with her later statement
It was meant as praise indeed. I thought it to be a bold move for a wolf to categorise so soon, so even though I suspected you at first, I did not quite find you as wolfish here as I did before.

I did ask whether you were a she Too bad you felt the need to vote for me, so I hope you will really, really regret it when I am lynched and turn out to be innocent.

--

Defenses aside:

Anguirel - very unhelpful up till now. Even if we lynch him and he does not turn out to be a wolf, he probably deserves it anyway, looking at his criminal record.

Azealia of Willowbottom - where are you, sweetie?

Boromir88 - My much beloved boss seems to be smart enough for his own good. The village wants him to live, and I shall not dare arguing with that. Indeed, we need our strategists alive.

Cailín - loveable, trustworthy, what more can I say?

Celuien - Much associated with me at the moment, probably due to the phonetical similarity of our names. Distrusts me, so naturally I am inclined to distrust her. However, I have yet to find anything conclusive against her.

Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant - I find myself agreeing with most of her posts. Does that make her innocent?

Eonwe - Too silent. Far too silent.

Gil-Galad - He's acting weird and suspicious, but really, when isn't he? For now, he gets the benefit of the doubt. Womanizer's are always shady characters, by default.

Glirdan - Loud and suspicious. I should not have given him so much to drink. Still, he has already gathered two votes, so I shan't be voting for him, to stay true to the plan we made.

Kitanna - She is not really on my radar yet. Besides, I like cats, too.

Kuruharan - Greedy fellow, but in a smart, sensible way. He called me bland, but seems to share my feelings on lynching Azaelia. Right now, he's not really a candidate for the gallows.

Lalaith - Has not said too much and votes Perky. That sounds reasonable and will not attract much suspicion. Which makes me think it should.

Márcolië Lamen - I was pleasantly surprised by her later words. She seems very eager to get a grasp on the situation and I think we should give her that chance.

The Perky Ent - What can I say, perky? Though I voiced suspicions of him earlier, I do believe he might just be enthusiastic.

the phantom - our resident drunk has really undergone a transformation today. I am anxious to see the decent side of him, so I shall abide by the wishes of my fellow villagers and not start a lynch-the phantom campaign just yet.

WaynetheGoblin - Another one who is too silent. Privilege of the rich, perhaps?

Last edited by Cailín; 09-18-2005 at 03:30 PM. Reason: misspelled my own name. That's just too much.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:19 PM   #118
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dűm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
The votes put glirden in the lead.I will pobely vote for hin later.He is one of the biggist posters on this thread.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:20 PM   #119
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Eonwe - Too silent. Far too silent.
I haven't really had anything to say of any value. wouldn't it look wrose to just start agreeing with everyone? the truth is (maybe im just inexperience or being played for a fool), i havn't really been able to find to much of suspicion from anyone. I think most people (including myself) are playing their cards close to their chests. I don't know if i will vote at all today, because what good is a stab in the dark, especially if you don't even know what general direction your taret lies. We shall see, though.

P.S. The RPG stuff was kind of confusing, i couldn't make out what was jest, in character, and serious stuff
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 03:27 PM   #120
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

I think my time to vote is drawing near as well. I've had nothing change in my thoughts since the last post, so...

++Gil-galad

He may just be acting odd, but hasn't come out and defended himself and for me seems to be the best choice.