The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2005, 06:41 PM   #41
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Mmmmm, five votes cast, two for Wayne, one for Gurthang, and two for Fea.

Wayne- Despite what Jack seems to think I do not want to vote for Wayne. I was just curious why it was Gurthang and not Thin. Of course I find his voting unusual, but everyone's going to look unusual today. I am pretty positive I will not be voting for Wayne.

Gurthang- I have a thing against voting for people who haven't spoken on day one. Of course if a day or two goes by I would be willingly to put in a vote for Gurthang or Thin, but not today.

Fea- Fea has voted for herself...mmmm interesting, but then again not so. Fea is good at a double bluff, but then again papers on Shakespeare do tend to take up mass amounts of people's time. Maybe she does need to get out. But Fea can be helpful and should live past the first day (even if Shakespeare is trying to draw her out.)

So those are so far the ones who have been voted for. The only people I truly suspect are those who have voted already, but I don't want to act on that. The reasons I have are shallow and pointless. So I'll think things over and put in a vote soon.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:41 PM   #42
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
I know I'm innocent, but I also know that I'm expendable. I also know that I have a five page paper to write before Tuesday, and half of a Shakespearean play to read before tomorrow. Which means that I have to vote now. And since I'd rather accidentally be lynched than accidentally lynch the seer, I won't act on my random and factless suspicions...

++FEANOR OF THE PEREDHIL.
now thats just silly! ! !

If this is the way you are going to vote everytime, we will never get anywere. If you are, as you claim inocent then you are not expendable. Why oh why would you insist on doing the wolves job for them?

I hope this atitude changes before long. I for one does not think that you are an wolf (although you have been giving some quite interesting comments during this first day) and therefore would hate to se you go.

I will hold on to my vote for a little bit.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 06:54 PM   #43
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I did not say that I wanted to die, or that I want to do the wolves' jobs for them.

My idea is that we do not know what we are doing on day one, except for the wolves. They have a plan. Since I do not know what that plan is, nor have any clues to use to piece it together, I am not worrying about it until tomorrow. The seer is obviously not going to show his/herself (PS: for the love of Glirdan, don't do it until at least a few days from now!), so I feel no particular confidence in my ability right now to guess who it is and avoid accidentally killing him or her.

Since, as I said, I don't want to accidentally kill the Seer, I'm going to do what is still bad, but what is marginally less so, and vote for myself, rather than cast suspicion onto somebody else whose death would harm us so much more.

Also, guilty as this may sound, it means that if you guys screw up, it's not my fault.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:02 PM   #44
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

um feanor, don't you think there is some better alternative than suicide. i mean, if nothing else works, you could at least drown your problems in alcoholic beverages. no need to go overboard. cumon, come down off the railing. you really don't want to do this.

that is a little weird, unless she just wants out cause she's two busy. anyway, we'll have to see what becomes of our dear girl's antics... (cross post with some people: rune makes a good point fea)

unless i miscounted, votes stand as:

Wayne: 2
Feanor: 2
Gurthang:1

my innicial reacitons are not to suspect anyone. i can't see any clearcut evidence on the field anywere pointing in any direction. we will prolly, actually almost certainly (this is our worst day, statistically-wise 3 in waht 15 makes one in five, or something), so don't jump all over people. all anyone has is a stab in the dark, and the worst chance we will have all game. so i think that has been voiced by some peole already, just wanted to add my two cents/stamp of aproval

i, like many, seemingly, do not really have any suspicions at the time. feanor is the only one i can see any dirt on. but under no circumstances will i vote for her becuase she has supplied a real life reason and i am willing to let it go at that; for now at least so yeah those are my thoughts for now, ill prolly write up a more revalent post later on tonight/ this Evening
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 07:14 PM   #45
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Well I'm back and the situation has changed a lot. I've gone through all thats been done and said and have formed my own suspicions as to who is what. I won't vote yet because I'm not certain but if needed I shall vote to keep Feanor from killing herself. I just feel that shouldn't be done. Wayne may be one of them but in my eyes there isn't enough reason to openly balme anybody yet.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:34 PM   #46
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I advise people not to vote for Feanor. She's likely an innocent, with this sudden leap into things. We don't have people to spare.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:49 PM   #47
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Wow, I really missed a lot.

I'm sorry I'm so late. I've been holed up at my house trying to write my new song. (aka on the road all day.) I've just been working so hard that I just came out and couldn't find anyone, until I showed up here and found out what happened. This is terrible.

Maybe I should play something in Glirdan's honor: *walks over to piano and plays a few lines* Well, I know that wasn't near enough, but it looks like we have work to do. I haven't had a chance to read through everything, so I'll do that then cast my vote before the end of the day.

I only hope that my absence hasn't gotten me into trouble.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:52 PM   #48
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

ok well then. five of thirteen have voted. we have some time left before 10:30 so lets not rush into lynching anyone. ( )

i have no idea how to vote. like folwren said, i would councel against voting fea, and wayne for that matter. i don't think them innocent. but we have to vote and lynch someone... erggh. and gurthang doesn't really stick out in my mind one way or the other.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:00 PM   #49
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Folks...I don't want to vote tonight. I really don't. Therefore, I will not. I do not think that Gurthang, Wayne, or Feanor are guilty. I will not vote for any one of them, therefore. I can not prove that anyone else is guilty. I have no real arguments against anyone, therefore I will not even pretend that I think someone is possible a wolf. (Besides saying that Sleepy Ranger for some reason gets my doubts. Still, there is nothing behind that, so I won't try to support it.)

Don't lynch Feanor.

(Oh, by the way, Fea, considering that you have to get everything done by Tuesday, and also considering that tomorrow, being Monday, is a NIGHT and not a DAY, and being an innocent you won't be doing anything tomorrow, I don't think that your five page paper should induce you to commit suicide. It was really brainless, if you ask me.)

In my humble opinion, Wayne should probably be the one to go. But I'm not voting for him, because although (out of the present candidates for lynching) he would be the best choice, I can not put my hand into lynching an innocent.

Good luck, all.

-- Jack
Old 10-02-2005, 08:01 PM   #50
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Cross posted with Eonwe, and I have only one thing to say...

My name is Jack.

-- Jack
Old 10-02-2005, 08:08 PM   #51
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
My life as a baby sitter ends like this. I do hope my death is good
Old 10-02-2005, 08:22 PM   #52
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

well we still have to hear from another seven (jack said he won't be voteing) (and my apologies, sir ) so lets go everyone. i think i will vote for thin. randomly.

so without further adue (whatever) is

++Thinlómien

remember random, please.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:24 PM   #53
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Posted by Rune
Quote:
I was thinking the ectsact same thing, only Feanor has been frank enough to speek openly of her suspisions.
Once you've been around Fea for any amount of time at all you soon realize that her middle name is 'frank.' And that's definitly not always a bad thing.

Posted by Fea:
Quote:
My recommendation is to kill TOREstel.
Oh that'd be fun.

Fea seems to be the focus of a lot of today's discussion. Personally, I think she could be helpful to the villagers if she's not a wolf. She's already pointed out some good reminders including this:

Quote:
The seer is obviously not going to show his/herself (PS: for the love of Glirdan, don't do it until at least a few days from now!),
I definitly second that, it can't be stressed enough. It doesn't matter if you have already dreamed of a wolf, don't show yourself for at least a few days. Hints would be nice, but if it comes down to hinting unsubtly or not hinting at all-don't hint at all.
I may look like a wolf trying to keep the seer from dropping hints before I can kill him/her but oh well.

I'd like to see Fea stick around for a few more DAYS at least, even if her posts would be fewer & farther between than normal.

Hmm, nine minutes to vote. I don't see anyone entirely suspicious. The way I understand the bylaws of the village that we threw together hastly, if no one breaks the tie between Wayne & Fea Wayne will be lynched because he was voted for first.

I should be posting again soon with my vote.

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 10-02-2005 at 08:26 PM. Reason: the usual
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 08:29 PM   #54
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

A few thoughts:

Fea - Everything you have done points to you being the cobbler. Your first post named five people wolves, which is impossible, and just generally made no sense and took up a lot of space. You vote for yourself I do not condone. You have a 1-in-14 chance(excluding yourself) of voting for the seer, and the odds are much less that they will get lynched since others will probably not vote for that person. Whereas you have voted for(by your own admission) a known innocent. This doesn't make any sense. You are either a wolf, or the cobbler.

Wayne - Your vote for me is not overly suspicious.... except you came on and spoke later. This shows that you could have waited a while and seen things progress before voting. That makes me think you are hiding something. But don't be so sure of your own death, yet.

Kitanna - Your staunch defending of me I kindly thank you for. But it is also somewhat suspicious. I know I am innocent, and know that right now no one knows any innocents besides themselves. So you defending me could very well be a wolf attaching themselves to an innocent. That could all be curcumstantial(sp), but I wouldn't bank on that.

Therefore I will vote:

++Kitanna

For the (probably suspicious) reasoning that she is the only one I suspect that does not have a vote. I think we should keep it close, and see if the wolves will try to save each other.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:29 PM   #55
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

++ Eonwe for completely baseless reasons. In fact, it's completely random-I don't plan on voting the same way next DAY.

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 10-03-2005 at 10:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-02-2005, 08:30 PM   #56
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Votings closed. You had to give me a double. Lucky, It'll just be Wayne tonight. Excpect his death shortly.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:39 PM   #57
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Everyone decided that Wayne was a wolf. They took Wayne from his baysitting job and tied a rope around his hands, but he didn't complain. "He must be a wolf. He's not saying anything to defend himself."

"He's right!! If Wayne was innocent, he'd be complaining." another stated as they led Wayne to the gallows. They put his head through the noose. "Any last words wolf?" one villager said.

"Yes, I do. The Wolves WILL win!! They'll get you all, one by one!!!" The villager who was holding the leaver fell back in shock and brought the lever back with him. The trapdoor opened and Wayne fell. His neck snapped, but there was no transformation. They killed the Cobbler, which was almost like killing their own. "Well," one villager said "looks like it's back to square one."

Dead

Glirdan (mod)- got a quill through the head on Night 1
WaynetheGoblin (Cobbler) - lynched by villagers on Day 1

Alive
Bergil
Eonwe
Feanor of the Peredhil
Jack (aka Folwren)
Gurthang
Hiriel
Kitanna
Malkatoj
Rune Son of Bjarne
Sleepy Ranger
The Only Real Estel
Thinlomien

*Villages stop posting. Wolves start PM'ing. I need a name from the Ranger, Hunter, Seer and Wolves. Send them to both myself and The Perky Ent.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:26 PM   #58
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
White Tree Another Death!

A false sense of security loomed over Fwedawick. Inside homes, the villagers were all dreaming about magical lands of far away. All the villagers, except one. There was a creaking sound on her roof that kept her awake. Slowly and consistantly it creaked, until it reached a great uproar. The house seemed to shake at its foundation at the sound. For a second, the villager thought she was dead, but then the creaking stopped.

She didn't know wether to get out of bed, or fall back asleep. Before she could think it over in her head, the decision was made for her. Her ceiling collapsed right in front of her, and she found three snarling snouts engaging closer.

When the sun arose, the villagers woke up and gathered at the center of the town. "Head count!" Rune said, as he counted the assembled villagers. One was missing from their numbers. "Who is missing" they were all asking, while panicking in circles. Abruptly, one shouted out "Look over there!" The villager was pointing to a pillar of smoke comming out of the woods. "Quickly!" one of the villagers shouted, as they all sprinted to the smoke.

What they found did not amuse the villagers. A house had been burned to the ground that night, nothing left but its foundation. "Look!" one shouted, as he pointed to what remained to the ceiling. It was none other than Kitanna, sitting on the rafters, a bottle of ale in her hands and a smile on her face. "Get her down! I must examine her!" Thinlómien said, as the villagers climbed up to fetch her body. There were no signs of scrates of markings. It appeared that Kitanna was perfect fine, apart from her being dead. "What caused her death?" one asked, as he looked around the body for wounds. "Why this is most strange," Thinlómien said, as she opened Kitanna's inanimate mouth. "It appears that she died....of alcohol poisoning." The village didn't know wether to be in shock, or laugh. "Al....alcohol poisoning? So what, the wolves just made her drink to her death?" one said. "It would seem so. It doesn't look like she suffered" Thinlómien said, taking the half-empty bottle from Kitanna's hand.

"But...if she died of Alcohol poisoning, why is the house on fire?" one asked, touching a piece of the burnt wood. "I think they lit the remaining alcohol and burned the house down!" another suggested. "Well, one thing's for sure: She won't need the insurance money"

NOTE: The names mentioned in this post do not mean anything as to their identities, with the exception of Kitanna

Dead

Glirdan (mod)- got a quill through the head on Night 1
WaynetheGoblin (Cobbler) - lynched by villagers on Day 1
Kitanna (ordo) - Died of Alcohol poisoning on Night 2

Alive
Bergil
Eonwe
Feanor of the Peredhil
Jack (aka Folwren)
Gurthang
Hiriel
Malkatoj
Rune Son of Bjarne
Sleepy Ranger
The Only Real Estel
Thinlomien

It is now Day. Wolves, stop PMing, Villagers, start lynching!
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 09:45 PM   #59
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Kitanna?!? I guessed TOREstel would snuff it tonight. That death doesn't even make sense. I'm almost certain that nobody even accused her yesterday, though I'm in too much of a hurry trying to finish my paper to double check (three out of five pages and going strong!). Expect more solid thoughts in the morning (after 8:45 EST, as that's when my first class ends, and, ironically enough, when this paper is due).

Edit of thoughts: Ah, Gurthang voted against her. That doubtlessly means nothing. Either a frame-up attempt, or a bluffed frame-up. So he's a wolf or not. Now doesn't that just help us.

Repeat of thoughts: more solid theories in the morning.

*the insomniac realizes that tomorrow is fifteen minutes away and feels remarkably calm about it as she returns to Telemachus*
Old 10-03-2005, 10:26 PM   #60
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
Kitanna?!? I guessed TOREstel would snuff it tonight.
Uh...I can't wait until you can post more in-depth.

I plan on posting more later as well, though I agree for now that Kitanna's death makes little sense unless she pegged a wolf in her accusations (which I don't have time to read right now).
Old 10-04-2005, 12:11 AM   #61
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

The inevitable lists begin...

*pulls out bittern and plays a few mournful notes*

"Alas, Kitanna is a wolvish victim;
They have our poor hermit killed.

She was found with a happy smile,
But with a vile beverage filled.
"

*puts bittern back in case*

Quote:
Edit of thoughts: Ah, Gurthang voted against her. That doubtlessly means nothing. Either a frame-up attempt, or a bluffed frame-up. So he's a wolf or not. Now doesn't that just help us.
It is option one. It would be downright stupid for a wolf to kill the person they voted for, especially if they were the only one to vote for said person. It might be a good bluff, but it would draw far to much suspicion to be effective. For instance, I will not be surprised if I die today, simply because Kitanna's death can be directly linked to me because I voted for her.

But her death really doesn't tell us much. I really expected to find TORE or Fea (or maybe myself) dead this morning. The fact that they aren't makes me slightly suspicious of them. Which adds to my previous suspicion of Feanor. She is the only one left from my suspicions yesterday. I do not know if I will vote for her though; it just doesn't 'feel' right for some reason. We will see though.

I would believe, however, that the wolves would kill someone who did not directly have contact with them either way. This would leave absolutely no trail. So:

Voted for Kitanna:
Gurthang

Mentioned by Kitanna:
Eonwe
Wayne
Gurthang
Thinlómien
Folwren
Feanor

Mentioned Kitanna:
Feanor
Rune
Folwren
Gurthang
Hiriel

(I think that's everyone. Please tell me if I missed someone.)

Those not on any of the above lists:

Bergil
Malkatoj
Sleepy Ranger
TOREstel

And on that sketchy evidence I am suspicious of them. But only slightly. I'm watching you.

Also, I don't like people who don't vote. You know who you are.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:05 AM   #62
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Kitanna is dead !

I did not expect that to happen, i will need some time to think things over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
Also, I don't like people who don't vote. You know who you are.
I did not vote yesterday, this was not intendet. I simply went in side to think things over, and when i came and cast my vote, i was one minute to late. (I thought there was an hour left)

It did not mater though as i would have votet for WaynetheGoblin.

Old 10-04-2005, 05:42 AM   #63
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
(Sorry I didn't post anything on Sunday - I didn't visit the downs, so I didn't know the game had begun.)

Poor Kitanna! I've no idea who could have killed her.

I'm really suspicious about Fea. I don't actually suspect that she's a werewolf, but what she is, that is a complete mystery. If she were a werewolf, she probably wouldn't act as she does. She seems to be the cobbler since she "defends" the werewolves by voting herself. But, if she really were the cobbler, she wouldn't reveal it this early. So, probably she's just a veteran trying to trick and tease us novices...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:12 AM   #64
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Alas! Poor Kitanna! It seems we are slowly falling apart. At the moment we're just randomly accusing each other which will most proably lead to our deaths. I'd suggest slowing down and thinking for a moment. At the moment I believe that Feanor is a wolf. I mean it seemed to be a well orchestrated plan to make her look innocent but there were too many loose ends. Hmmm... I really doubt that TORE is anything but an innocent bystander, people just don't like him because he argues too much. The reason why I did not vote was because I did not want to harm an innocent, this time how ever you can expect me to cast my vote in the matter.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:23 AM   #65
malkatoj
Wight

malkatoj has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to malkatoj
Kitanna...dead...

This really leaves us back at square one. Thanks for the list, Gurthang. I think it'll help. As of now, I'd like to see more posts before I can form any strong suspicions.

Thin, she's not the Cobbler--that was Wayne and we lynched him yesterday.

I have my suspicions relating to Fea, but not really about her. More when I see people's reactions.

Last edited by malkatoj; 10-04-2005 at 06:24 AM. Reason: spelling
malkatoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:53 AM   #66
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

now that we are talking about Fea and we were !

I think that as long Fea is alive she will be one of the most debated persons, due to her forwardness.

I dont know if this behavior shows us that she is a wolf. If she is it sertanly worked yesterday since i among others were ready to stop her from killing her self.

Maybe she's bluffing, maybe it's a dubbel bluff.

Let us wait and see her reply before we use her as a scapegoat, just becourse she has a different aproch to this wolf thing.

Old 10-04-2005, 07:10 AM   #67
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe expecting to cross-post with more than a few people...

Posted by Gurthang:

Quote:
I really expected to find TORE or Fea (or maybe myself) dead this morning.
Quote:
I would believe, however, that the wolves would kill someone who did not directly have contact with them either way. This would leave absolutely no trail.
That could be, but don't you expect the wolves priority #1 to be finding the seer early? You seem to have the idea that they are going to try to eliminate all the 'veterans' first (which they might), but that won't do them much good if all or most of the gifteds still have to be dealt with afterwards.

Posted by Sleepy Ranger:
Quote:
It seems we are slowly falling apart. At the moment we're just randomly accusing each other which will most proably lead to our deaths. I'd suggest slowing down and thinking for a moment.
A good observation. Stop & look around. I'm 90% sure that I've identified who the seer is & I plan on following his/her lead subtley.

Posted by Sleepy Ranger:
Quote:
people just don't like him [TORE] because he argues too much
I am what is generally known as 'a loudmouth.' But then so is Fea, & Gurthang may qualify as one as well.

A few thoughts, & I'm probably going out on a limb by somewhat supporting a few people here...hopefully none of them turn out to be wolves:

Bergil- Not sure yet

Eonwe- Voted for at random, not sure by any means yet

Feanor of the Peredhil- The villager that I can't get out of my head ( no, not because of that ). My thought on her have ranged from suspicious to almost likely innocent. At the moment I think she's an innocent just being her normal confrontary self-but I'd like to see her explain a few things.

Jack (aka Folwren)- Not sure

Gurthang- Likely innocent, not likely to be gifted, but it is rather early

Hiriel- Not sure

Kitanna- Obviously dead. I'm going to assume that she pegged a wolf in one of her accusations or was at the very least getting to close. Unfortunately, she "mentioned" (as Gurthang put it) quite a few people.

Malkatoj- Not sure

Rune Son of Bjarne- Suspected me early, but I think he's innocent. That could change, however. I like the fact that he refuses to jump on Fea for being herself. I'm now not likely change my opinion of him being innocent unless there's some substantial evidence.

Sleepy Ranger- Talks some sense.

The Only Real Estel- I don't usually worry myself too much

Thinlomien- Not sure

As you can see, I haven't had a lot of time to analize the situation, but hopefully I'll be able to do some more later.

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 10-04-2005 at 07:12 AM. Reason: adding something to Rune's section
Old 10-04-2005, 07:15 AM   #68
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Real Estel
Uh...I can't wait until you can post more in-depth.
Right. Now that I've successfully finished writing a paper about the Odyssey that deals in depth with Goldilocks and porridge...

My reason for thinking TOREstel might get it were that he was the one that I "attacked" yesterday, advocating (jokingly as it were) for his death. Being as that jokes and sincerity are so often played between, I jumped to guess that the wolves may consider a frame up of me (forgive my arrogance, if you will) and that would be quite an excellent way of doing it.

My thoughts on Kitanna's death are that it was quite probably a random choice. She did not directly accuse nor defend anybody, though she commented on many. Her death was a discreet kill that removed one of the targets, the villagers, without arousing any directed suspicion. We are still as badly off as we were yesterday.

Now on to your accusations... I really feel that I must address them, as pure ignorance of them is not an option.

I agree with you that I am vocal. How could I not? I agree with you that I am frank, illogical, controversial, confusing. But you really shouldn't kill me. That would, I fear, be a really bad idea. I'm too useful, you see. I have experience with these matters. When it is mentioned that I could be using my wiles to mess with poor young inexperienced ones... perhaps you are right. But 'tis that not what makes life interesting? Should you desire it, I'll stop being so coy.

In any case, my ploy yesterday went well-answered by the wolves. I had expected a bandwagon approach, really. "She voted for herself... it must be a ruse! We all ought to kill her just to make sure." And can you honestly tell me that sort of line would not have worked? It would have been a forgivable offense from anybody... And yet the wolves did not attack me. I have little doubt that it is because of my apparently enigmatic actions. I am, likely, what is considered a convenient distraction.

What that means is that I am strategically placed to spout off accusations and though you won't necessarily believe me (which is why I'm alive, I'm sure), you'll also probably refrain from killing me... just in case.

Here are my ideas for the day: We kill Malkatoj. Why? Good question. I haven't decided if an actual death is necessary, but certainly a play to the very brink of it! You must imagine that last part in a melodramatic sort of stage acting voice. And actually, we really don't need to choose Malkatoj. That name was chosen more or less at random. The basic bit of my idea, though I'm not sure how well you'll understand, is to accuse, bandwagon, and watch who takes sides.

Now that I've let you all know of my little plot... I'll have to come up with a new one. It never quite does to let the wolves know what you're thinking. Way to make be honest guys.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:20 AM   #69
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe ah, now I understand

Quote:
Being as that jokes and sincerity are so often played between, I jumped to guess that the wolves may consider a frame up of me (forgive my arrogance, if you will) and that would be quite an excellent way of doing it.
Fea, no offense, I think the wolves would rather leave you to make yourself suspicious.

And they'll probably do the same with me, I mess things up on my own far too often.

By the way, Fea, I don't suspect you at all for being yourself, I only did for a few reasons that I think I'll keep to myself. Still, as you can see up there ^ I think you are likely to be innocent...for now at least.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:30 AM   #70
malkatoj
Wight

malkatoj has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to malkatoj
1420!

Fea, again, I have a question about your reasoning. It's not so much that the vote is for me, but that I see no reasoning behind it. I'm assuming that it was at random, as was your accusation yesterday, but if there is a reason I'd like to see it so I can at least defend myself.

My suspicions relating to Fea are not at all that she is a wolf. I'm more suspicious of those who defend her, attaching someone who is, by her actions, clearly an innocent. She's also hard to kill, and defending her seems smart simply because she's experienced and will be an asset to our village--assuming, of course, she's an innocent.

It's time for me to go to class, but I'll be back later today with more ideas.
malkatoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:48 AM   #71
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

[QUOTE=malkatoj]Fea, again, I have a question about your reasoning. QUOTE]

I have a large amount of trouble explaining my reasoning. The phantom once told me that I should simply give up trying to compete with his logic. I told him that I understood his logic, I just preferred my own. I assure you... my reasoning makes perfect sense to me, but it probably won't to anyone else.

I chose malka because I could. Because he's outspoken, so I was choosing slightly less than randomly, but still without a true suspicion. There is always more to go on with people who talk, whether the "facts" are true or false. I chose with no particular excuse in mind, because if I provide a focus for my suspicions, the individual focus can be easily refuted. If I provide a broader spectrum, the person must work harder to provide examples of innocence. Analyzing said examples, it's generally pretty easy to figure out what's going through their heads. Make sense? And what you've said about "those who defend"... you're exactly right. I want to know who is agreeing with whom. I want to see who puts forth the first opinion, and who bandwagons, versus who genuinely agrees.

Which is why, malkatoj, I think we should lynch you.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:05 AM   #72
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Hmm, I never though of that. I don't suspect Fea half as much as I used to.Malkatoj may be a wolf but I'd like to look into a bit further, after seeing what Fea had to say he has definately topped the list of suspects along with her. Once again I am left suspecting nobody too much but Fea and Malka top the list. I will wait a bit longer before I actually accuse anybody of anything but I have a few doubts about TORE. Theres always a possibility hes playing us for fools, but then again I won't accuse anyone until after a while.

And also Gurthang said he doesn't like people who don't vote... Maybe its just me but he seems to be eager for us to kill ourselves and sow the seeds of dis-trust... Yea, hes definately hiding something... but I could be wrong...
Old 10-04-2005, 08:31 AM   #73
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Ranger
And also Gurthang said he doesn't like people who don't vote... Maybe its just me but he seems to be eager for us to kill ourselves and sow the seeds of dis-trust... Yea, hes definately hiding something... but I could be wrong...
I don't like those who don't vote because it gives us no help at all. By voting, you are giving us something to analyze about yourself: who you voted for, who with, when, with good or bad reasoning. If you happen to vote for an innocent, well, it might get you lynched, but that's a chance you have to take. If you don't vote, it really tells us nothing about you, which is bad for us if you are a wolf. If we don't make the wolves vote, there is really no way to get them to slip. They can just sit back and watch us kill each other.

Fea is still acting suspicious, but maybe that's just it: acting. If we hadn't killed him already, I'd be 100% sure she was the cobbler. As it is, I really don't know.

Oh, and Sleepy, could you give a reason for this sudden (slight) suspicion of Malkatoj? You haven't mentioned her(?) before. Just jumping in with Fea, or bouncing like a wolf?
Old 10-04-2005, 09:21 AM   #74
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
By voting, you are giving us something to analyze about yourself: who you voted for, who with, when, with good or bad reasoning. If you happen to vote for an innocent, well, it might get you lynched, but that's a chance you have to take. If you don't vote, it really tells us nothing about you, which is bad for us if you are a wolf. If we don't make the wolves vote, there is really no way to get them to slip. They can just sit back and watch us kill each other.
indeed. i don't like non-voters either. better a random vote with a trail than no vote and no trail.

well, this is getting trickier and trickier. Fea has been mentioned quite a bit. i don't know about her. my first inclination is "no wolf would ever act this way". but by the very nature of that statement, she could be a wolf. (by the way, haveing never played with most (all? wayne is dead) of you, i have to take everything you say at face value. no "well, that is just how fea acts" or whatever).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
I think that as long Fea is alive she will be one of the most debated persons, due to her forwardness.

I dont know if this behavior shows us that she is a wolf. If she is it sertanly worked yesterday since i among others were ready to stop her from killing her self.

Maybe she's bluffing, maybe it's a dubbel bluff.
Indeed. however, something tells me that the bluff would be to easy to call for the wolf to feel comfortable making it. so (for now) i am willing to give fea the benefit of the double. if anyone is set on seeing her corpse, let us at least wait a bit.

Quote:
The basic bit of my idea, though I'm not sure how well you'll understand, is to accuse, bandwagon, and watch who takes sides.
i don't understand. i thought bandwagoning was bad. because the wolves blend in with everyone else's votes. could you explain a little what this will acomplish. i think it might be a good idea to let the votes go around a bit more (ie choose two or three people for bandwagoning, if you really want to do it like that).

i have to go to class soon. as of now, my brain is kind of muddled. anyone could be anyone in my oppinion. however, im thinking fea innocent, as said in the above stuff. but she is the only one i've had time to consider. i'll check back later.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:34 AM   #75
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Posted by Sleepy Ranger:
Quote:
I will wait a bit longer before I actually accuse anybody of anything but I have a few doubts about TORE. Theres always a possibility hes playing us for fools, but then again I won't accuse anyone until after a while.
Of course I could be. But then again so could anyone else. Still, I welcome suspicion because it is my experience that those who haven't been suspected (especially towards the end of the game) are perhaps the ones to be suspected.

More later.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:39 AM   #76
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
i don't understand. i thought bandwagoning was bad. because the wolves blend in with everyone else's votes. could you explain a little what this will acomplish.
*sigh* If I explain what I'm doing, the wolves will know what I'm doing, if they haven't figured it out already. I know it's a foolish question, but can't you just let me mess with minds in peace and I'll explain later?

Quote:
Indeed. however, something tells me that the bluff would be to easy to call for the wolf to feel comfortable making it. so (for now) i am willing to give fea the benefit of the double. if anyone is set on seeing her corpse, let us at least wait a bit.
Seriously... if I was a wolf, you would never know. You just wouldn't. You should rest assured that if I'm a bad guy, you'll lose, but if I'm a good guy, you'll survive. It's pointless to resist, so you should simply put your trust in me and let me go about my business and hope like hell I'm on your side. Capiche? Now I'm off to lunch.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:41 AM   #77
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
Seriously... if I was a wolf, you would never know. You just wouldn't. You should rest assured that if I'm a bad guy, you'll lose, but if I'm a good guy, you'll survive. It's pointless to resist, so you should simply put your trust in me and let me go about my business and hope like hell I'm on your side.
Fea you've been spending way too much time around the phantom.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:32 AM   #78
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hm. All your people's talk is very interesting. I've been puzzling over it all morning, but can't make heads or tails of anything. I can't point any fingers in any direct direction, but perhaps that's best, for now.

But,s ince it's helpful for people to talk, I'll do the best I can. Understand, everything that will follow in this post is just a lot of little thoughts scraped into as big a pile as possible. It may not carry very much weight. But the more I think on the matter and the more I write, we might be able to figure something out.

My main suspect - Sleep Ranger. I don't know why, and there isn't necessarily too much evidence behind this, but I just don't like the way he talks. It's too...shadowy. He's willing to agree with people (he jumps up with Fea's half accusation of Malka) with really little reason to. One moment he says he's pretty sure Feanor is a wolf, and his next post he says he doesn't think that, and he think Malka may be.

And then in the same post, he accuses Gurthang of possible guilt after Gurthang, I note, posts a very usefull and possibly insiteful post.

[QUOTE] Said by Sleepy Ranger:
Hmmm... I really doubt that TORE is anything but an innocent bystander, people just don't like him because he argues too much.QUOTE]

There is no firm evidence that anyone is innocent or that anyone is a wolf. In this game and under these circumstances, you don't take someone's side just because people might dislike that person (in this case, TORE) because of their past record on the Downs. As far as I'm aware, TORE hasn't really argued any more than the rest of us.

Now, assuming that this is a valid point against Sleepy Ranger (his defending TORE), then it might be reasonable to suspect TORE as well. But, I'm not up to doing that just now because TORE has posted a lot that may be helpful (I haven't had time to decide).

Enough about Sleepy Ranger...on to Feanor.

Goodness, people, I don't know anything about her. It's my opinion that's she's innocent. The move she took last night was really too risky for a wolf to have taken. Beyond that, today's talking has proved her to be too reckless to be a wolf. At least, I woudn't act that way. But it doesn't appear that Feanor or I are at all alike, because even though I am an innocent, I still don't act that way. It's all very hard to say.

Eonwy seems a little suspicions, but I can't elaborate. Don't have enough evidence.

Bergil...questionable because of his vote for Feanor yesterday.

I have nothing else to say at present. Hope this ramble helps the smarter people... a bit.

-- Jack
Old 10-04-2005, 10:42 AM   #79
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Quote:
There is no firm evidence that anyone is innocent or that anyone is a wolf. In this game and under these circumstances, you don't take someone's side just because people might dislike that person (in this case, TORE) because of their past record on the Downs. As far as I'm aware, TORE hasn't really argued any more than the rest of us.
I did not take TORE's side. I was just posting my opinion on him (which did later change to 'he may be playing us for fools' which still stands.) And yes I have been a bit jumpy but thats because I had first only skimmed through the posts and I have always said I'm not accusing anybody of anything, I'm just posting my (constantly changing) opinions. And if you'll read an earlier post this is what I've been saying all along, people have been too forward with their suspicions which has been causing us all to get a bit paranoid. Everybody should just slow down and ask themselves, 'Who? What? and Why?'.

1) Who do you suspect?
2) What do you think they are?
3) Why do you think so?

If you can find definate answers than go right ahead and accuse people but try not to get too forward because if we end up fighting amongst ourselves the wolves will have an easier task of killing us.

EDIT- And also TORE did sort of agree to the arguing thing. I only posted my opinion on how its been in this thread not on their past acts in the 'Downs because that would be a moot point here.

Last edited by Sleepy Ranger; 10-04-2005 at 10:47 AM.
Sleepy Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 11:22 AM   #80
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Ranger
1) Who do you suspect?
2) What do you think they are?
3) Why do you think so?
Exactly. So now I ask again for you to tell us why you suspect malkatoj.