The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2005, 08:39 PM   #201
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
The villagers assembled in the square once again, but not for happy disscussions on who they thought was a wolf, like they did a few time that day, but to condemn one to death.

Quite a few villagers were suspected that day and they were certain that they had found another wolf. How could anyone argue against The Only Real Estel's arguments?

The tied Gurthang's hands behind his back and brought him to the gallows. As the villager holding Gurthang walked up the steps with Gurthang, the gallows collapsed. Lukily, they both lived. "What do we do now?" asked one villager
"The gallows was are only means of lynching villagers!!" said another.
"I've got an idea!! Let's use his instruments!!" suggested one. This was met with a chorus of cheers and applause. They led Gurthang to his house and mad hime kneel on the ground and wait as they brought out his instruments and started beating him with them. Eventually, the gasps of pain from Gurthang ceased. He was dead, but he did not transform. The villagers just killed one of their own.

Dead
Glirdan (mod) - got a quill throught the head on Night 1
Wayne (Cobbler) - lynched by villagers on Day 1
Kitanna (ordinary villager) - Died of Alchool poisoning on Night 2
Bergil (Wolf) - stabbed with silver blade on Day 2
Gurthang (ordinary villager) - beaten to death by his own instruments on Day 3

Alive
Eonwe
Feanor of the Peredhil
Jack (aka Folwren)
Hiriel
Malkatoj
Rune Son of Bjarne
Sleepy Ranger
The Only Real Estel
Thinlomien

*Wolves, start PMing. I need a name from the Seer, Ranger, Hunter and Wolves. Remember to send them to both myself and The Perky Ent.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:17 PM   #202
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
The village of Fwedawick woke up the next morning, hoping against hope that the Ranger was once again successful in protecting a village. They assembled in the town square for the daily head count and were not surprised, yet still upset, to find that one of their own was missing. The villager's walked over to The Only Real Estel's house and walked in, not wanting to think about what grizzly scene woulod meet them inside.

They walked into the living room. No one was there. They checked the kitchen, the garden, outhouse, and cupboards. Nothing. They checked the bedroom and finally found him, but in a peculiar way. He looked as if he was asleep. They walked up to him and saw that his eyes had been gouged out and replaced by peaches. The strange thing was that they couldn't find his eyes, and then another strange thing met them. "PIE!!!" said one villager and the villager took it and the fork that was conviently placed with the pie and dug in. "Mmm!! Good-" he stopped in mid scentence and everybody paniced as they heard a gaging sound from the villager. Thinlomien, the village healer, rushed up and started hitting the villager on the back. As he did so, the villager threw up, and everyone screamed, one even fainted. With the regurgitation came The Only Real Estel's eyes. If the villagers weren't so busy screaming, they probably would have heard the sniggers of delight that came from the Wolves inside the house....

Dead
The Only Real Estel (Seer) - eyes gouged out and replaced with peaches on Night 4

Alive
Eonwe
Feanor of the Peredhil
Jack (aka Folwren)
Hiriel
Malkatoj
Rune Son of Bjarne
Sleepy Ranger
Thinlomien

*Wolves, stop PMing. Villagers, do your thing.
**Just a reminder, The Perky Ent will be taking over for me tomorrow as I have a wedding to go to. I should be back for Night 5's death however.

Last edited by Glirdan; 10-08-2005 at 07:46 AM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 09:40 PM   #203
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
*whispers* No.

(See Sig.)

Fea...a little help? Speculation? Suspection? How can this be?!

-- Jack
Old 10-08-2005, 01:40 AM   #204
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I feel I should probably explain something. (insert groans at the obviousness of that fact). I made a rather large mistake. And then I made another one. Jack is quite obviously not the seer (mistake number one) and so though I protected him the other night from the wolves (who obviously made the same mistake), my ruse at trying to get myself killed instead of Jack was relying on the fact that TORE was innocent, and that the wolves weren't going to try to kill him (though at one point, I wanted them to, as I was going to protect him, and I thought two successful saves in a row would be fantastic).

Now that plan was screwed up when TORE decided to mess with my ruse late into the whole thing (thanks for going along with it, ol' boy. Fantastic use of subtlety and catching on and all that) by saying "What if I'm not really the Ranger?" and all of that. Duh he's not the Ranger, I am. I assure you, I don't really know what I'm talking about. Which is why, at that point, TORE made me wonder if he was a clever wolf, because, you see, my ruse was really very dependent on his innocence, and why would an innocent screw it up! Especially one so bright?

So yeah... Big mistake. As I thought TORE was a wolf at that point, I made a point to protect um... Eonwe. Completely at random. Because I couldn't protect Folwren again, I couldn't protect myself, and I guessed that if TORE was a wolf (likely) that my plan was screwed anyhow, since he was going to know, as I so aptly put it yesterday, that "if he's not the Ranger, I'm damned well not the Seer".

Does any of this make sense now?

In any case... yeah... here's another "oops" for you, and here's the only advice I'm going to be able to give you this weekend:

Kill malkatoj. If there was one thing TORE was certain about, it was that one. Oh, that and my innocence. Even if I'm no other use, having screwed up so royally, and being out of town this weekend (go being up at 3:30 in the morning at random and finding the internet going), know that you can leave me alive and win for it... maybe. Also, assume that Jack is innocent. Wolves can't kill themselves, and I stopped that very thing from happening.

As for Hiriel, I picked Hiriel at random because I needed a third "dream" and didn't want to draw suspicion to my [damn... so very wrong] Seer Folwren.

PS: Freaking TORE, why'd you have to go and say something stupid to make me think you were guilty? I was dead set to protect you the entire bleedin' time up until then! Ugh.

PPS: see everyone Sunday night.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:42 AM   #205
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Damn it! This was totally unexpected. This proves every single one of my theories wrong! Malak should be the next one to go. As for the third wolf... with Gurthang and TORE gone we only have Fea to try and get things clear but since she won't be here I guess I'll try my best to get things in order and hopefully we'll have other people come front with other theories, things are gonna get messy now but if we stick together we can see this through.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:46 AM   #206
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Question This is not good !

If we assume that Fea is telling the truth. Then the main suspect must be:

1. Malkatoj

2. Thinlomien (first no votes and then Gurthang)

3. Sleepy (might have votet for Bergil not to be attached, he was the first to vote and there for could not know that Bergil would be lynched. This is unlikely thoug!)

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 07:10 AM   #207
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Quote:
3. Sleepy (might have votet for Bergil not to be attached, he was the first to vote and there for could not know that Bergil would be lynched. This is unlikely thoug!)
Actually I'm not a wolf and this has been discussed before and I dare say most people accept the fact that I'm innocent. Anyway seeing how TORE being the seer has caused all my plans to collapse I have come up with a few more things.

Feanor of the Peredhil - Innocent
Jack (aka Folwren) - By the original plan hes to be lynched after Malka but I'm not so sure.
Hiriel - Innocent (?)
Malkatoj - Wolf
Rune Son of Bjarne - Innocent (?)
Thinlomien - Innocent (?). I dunno I suspect her for some reason but I think shes already been proved innocent...

^ Don't go by that just putting it there for no reason...
Old 10-08-2005, 07:26 AM   #208
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Ranger
Actually I'm not a wolf and this has been discussed before and I dare say most people accept the fact that I'm innocent
Yes but so have most people and they to seems to be innocent. The thing is that after TORE's death things have changed.

Eonwe - most likely to be innocent

Feanor of the Peredhil - My theory is built on the fact that she is innocent. . .l

Jack (aka Folwren)- cannot be a wolf since he was attempted murdert.

Hiriel - most likely innocent.

Malkatoj - Wolf

Sleepy Ranger - likely to be inocent, but not sure.

Thinlomien - Suspect has only voted for Gurthang witch all did. . . (yes she did vote first, but it was already at that poiny clear that it would be Gurthang)

P.S. I will leave now, since i have to visit my baby-brother (Born yesterday 3 in the afternoon) before going to see football!

Last edited by Rune Son of Bjarne; 10-08-2005 at 07:35 AM. Reason: just some information
Old 10-08-2005, 08:44 AM   #209
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I don't know what to think or what to say.

Fea...I know you can't answer this question, but perhaps voicing it will give the others something to think about...am I correct in thinking that if you protected me two NIGHTS ago, and on that night, the wolves attempted to kill me, I am as proved innocent as though the Seer had dreamt of me and said that I was?

TORE being the seer...I'll warrant Malkatoj is guilty without question.

He was wrong about Gurthang, though.

Remember, he had three dreams. Who did he know about before he died?

I don't have time to speculate - for real and not for pretend I have to go clean out my horses' pen. Will try to be back later.

Oh...best tell you my main suspects:

Malkatoj
Eonwe or Thin
And possibly Sleepy.

Consider those four. Don't lynch them all - we only need two. I really do apologize for not being able to write any more and tell you why I suspect people. I'm going to be thinking, though, while I work.

(And, those I just listed, don't get offended...remember...we have to start somehwre...)

-- Jack
Old 10-08-2005, 09:05 AM   #210
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I had just formed a theory nearly proving Fea and TORE being very clever and nasty wolves, but since TORE's now dead I must admit it was a damn stupid theory.
Malka is probably a wolf - we all seem to think so. I'm currently trying to figure out when she was first suspected and why and what has she said, because these things may give new clues about the other wolves.
Hiriel, might be a wolf, because Fea wasn't the seer, and so she didn't dream about her. I don't still really suspect her.
Sleepy has convinced me that he's innocent. (Don't ask by what, because it's by all or almost all of his posts.)
Rune might be a wolf (and a damn good gamer). His first posts are very unwolfish, but lately he hasn't posted anything that supports his innocence.
Eonwe is really difficult to say about. No clue.
Jack was just proven innocent by Fea. I don't suspect Fea because she clearly had somekind of alliance with TORE, and unless TORE was fooled, Fea is innocent.
I'll post more soon.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 09:12 AM   #211
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I found something really interesting:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaynetheGoblin
I said i would and now I will vote for ++Gurthang.
Wayne was the cobbler, so he knew who were wolves. Why would he have voted for a wolf (in a such an early phase)? This proves Gurthang was innocent. If we have found this earlier, poor Gurthang might have been saved from our folliness. Stupid me.

edit: I got this message from Glirdan:
Quote:
What you just said about Wayne is completely wrong. The Cobbler didn't know who the Wolves are. They never have, unless he was PMing everyone secretly, but he wouldn't do a thing like that. Good theory though.
So I was wrong. Why I didn't delete this post is because it awakes suspicions if someone deletes posts. So try no to get annoyed with this stupid post

Last edited by Thinlómien; 10-08-2005 at 09:35 AM.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:35 AM   #212
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Quote:
I had just formed a theory nearly proving Fea and TORE being very clever and nasty wolves, but since TORE's now dead I must admit it was a damn stupid theory.
Looks like I wasn't the only one...
Anyway about Fea shes innocent, she was the first person TORE dreamt of. Go back and read his posts, he said...

Page#3, Post#96
Quote:
Any more suspicion of Fea is just wasted time & breath. Unless I grossly misunderstand the seer's hint, Fea is innocent as the pure & wind driven snow.
Which is why Fea's seer plan was bound to fail. Sigh, their plan was faulty... which is why you should always go through the posts again before doing something like that.

malkatoj Page#1, Post#18
Quote:
Clearly not Gurthang or Hiriel , as both musicians and librarians enjoy such art forms.
Well Gurthang's been proved clean now what about Hiriel? We should look more into this matter.

I must go now I'll check for more later.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:57 AM   #213
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Seems I'm the only one active at the moment (except Sleepy). I would really, really like opinions on who's a wolf and defenses from suspected people (I know malka and Rune at least are not going to appear, which is sad, because they're close to be my main suspects), because I'm probably voting soon .
The malkatoj-research didn't tell me anything new, except that some of the suspicions started from Bergil's post what wolves do and what they don't do. Most of this discussion is found on pages 3 and 4, but I don't think the discussion is very useful in further suspicions. But, of course, I've maybe not noticed something.
And everybody who suspect me, please note that my 'not votings' are because of misunderstandings. First, I didn't know the game had even begun, because I didn't visit the Downs last weekend. The second time, I had problems with time differences. You should already know this, if you have read my previous posts.

I'll probably vote for malkatoj this time, because TORE the Seer was so sure about her, so he probably had dreamed about her. But if malka isn't a wolf, I don't have a clue who are the wolves, who clearly then are quite intelligent or have a good bluffing skill at least. I thought this was an easy mystery, but this seems to get more complicated...

Last edited by Thinlómien; 10-08-2005 at 10:03 AM. Reason: I added the explanation why I am probably going to vote for malkatoj
Old 10-08-2005, 10:22 AM   #214
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Okay, I don't have long...we're going someplace for all afternoon. I will be back and will be able to do a lot of talking between the hours of roughly 5 or 6:00 EST and 10:30 EST. I'm not sure when we're returning home.

I have formed no real suspects, besides Malka.

We may want to pay attention to who's being quiet today..............

-- Jack

Remember. Malka is to by lynched today. I've a feeling TORE knew all about her, if you see what I mean.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:32 AM   #215
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I vote for ++malkatoj. (If you need to, see reason a few posts earlier.)

I'm now leaving and I won't be here until monDay.
See you then!
Old 10-08-2005, 10:49 AM   #216
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Actually I'm not a wolf and this has been discussed before and I dare say most people accept the fact that I'm innocent.
I don't. I never stopped suspecting. But you're lucky that this is going to be my only post all weekend, and I'm in a hurry, so I can't elaborate.

Quote:
Fea...I know you can't answer this question, but perhaps voicing it will give the others something to think about...am I correct in thinking that if you protected me two NIGHTS ago, and on that night, the wolves attempted to kill me, I am as proved innocent as though the Seer had dreamt of me and said that I was?
As far as I'm aware. Surely wolves can't kill themselves at night, and since I KNOW that you are the one they tried to kill (yes, you were protected two nights ago), that puts you on the list of known innocents.

Quote:
TORE was fooled, Fea is innocent.
TORE can't have been fooled as he dreamt about me and would know I'm Ranger. I find it completely ironic that I accused him of having my role while adopting his. I had assumed he was simply an ordo, at best a Hunter, but never suspected as Seer. Oops. If he hadn't said that one stupid thing about "maybe I'm not the Ranger" he'd be alive right now.

Quote:
Wayne was the cobbler, so he knew who were wolves
Untrue.

Finally, as I"m out the door...

++MALKATOJ
Old 10-08-2005, 01:24 PM   #217
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe Some stuff on Eonwe

To start this off we'll have to go back to post#11 where Eonwe states that we should all use logical reasoning.

Quote:
anyway, some more stuff. as we go on, could we all give our suspicions of peole and then back them up. so instead of just saying "i don't like how XXXXXX voted." say, "this XXXXXXX is what a wolf would accomplish by voting this way."
Next lets head over to post#20 where Eonwe states that we should vote randomly.

Quote:
so yes, i too think random voting will have to do.
And after that he votes for Thinlomien randomly. (#52)

Quote:
so lets go everyone. i think i will vote for thin. randomly.
Now lets look at Gurthang's list on Kitanna (#61)

Mentioned by Kitanna:
Eonwe - Suspected
Wayne - Cobbler (Dead)
Gurthang - Innocent (Dead)
Thinlómien - Suspected
Folwren - Innocent
Feanor - Ranger

Mentioned Kitanna:
Feanor - Ranger
Rune - Innocent (?)
Folwren - Innocent
Gurthang - Innocent (Dead)
Hiriel - Suspected

Hmm...Though Eonwe never mentioned Kitanna one of his post was directed at her something having to do with everybody voting (posts #12 and #13).

Perhaps Kitanna was onto something but didn't have a chance to find out? Maybe we should look into this as well...

Another thing I just found out, (Post#124, Bergil vote on Sleepy)
Quote:
this is partly for self-preservation I admit, but people don't seem to think Fea is guilty (I'm not even so sure anymore), he might be a wolf and, 1 muinate after he recieved his 1st vote, he responded to Eonwe's innocent statement of
Hmm... Now that Bergil has been found out as a wolf could this mean something? A wolf protecting a wolf perhaps?

IMPORTANT

Post#188 (Eonwe on TORE
Quote:
ps. if you weren't/aren't the ranger...
It may be nothing but it does make you think, doesn't it?

Last edited by Sleepy Ranger; 10-08-2005 at 01:46 PM.
Sleepy Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 01:44 PM   #218
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe Sorry for the double-post but...

Many people are finding it hard to believe that I am innocent, while browsing through this thread I have come across something that can prove my innocence, in fact I believe I have come across TORE's third dream.

Lets start off with Post#121-
Quote:
In fact, I'm going to go ahead & ask the Seer to please dream of Sleepy Ranger this following NIGHT so that we will know for sure.
Now TORE was the seer, perhaps he is telling us who he will dream off...
Moving on to Post#137-
Quote:
Now, I’m beginning to wonder if it wasn’t so smart of me to ask the seer to dream of Sleepy Ranger last night. He/she probably was going to anyway, & now the seer can’t safely leave a hint because the wolves will be all over it.
Is he trying to throw the wolves off him so that he can safely drop a hint? It seems that way.

Now he drops a series of hints to prove my innocence-

Post#146
Quote:
Gurthang, I'd love to hear why you persist on SR when there's quite a bit of evidence against malk right now...
Look closely, is he trying to tell us something other than malk being a wolf?

Post#150
Quote:
Sleepy Ranger: Almost definitly innocent. He did seem very flip-flopyish, etc., but yesterday he pretty well convinced me he was just an innocent that got turned around & confused.
There you go. He pretty much said it there.

Post#172
Quote:
Sleepy R- Most likely innocent
Hopefully this is enough to prove my innocence. I do believe TORE said it himself.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:12 PM   #219
Hiriel
Wight

Hiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Hiriel
Shield

Eek. I get on late thinking to find Feanor gone and TORE's logic still among us. This is a gutstaber and no mistake. *sighs* Can't be on long, but here's my thoughts:

Innocents
Feanor: TORE trusted him impicitly, and he's admitted to being the ranger. If we doubt Fea, then we're back to square one.

Jack: Was protected by Fea the night no one died, so long as we trust Fea. Which I do, at any rate. The wolves don't turn on each other, at least not at night. Jack's innocent.

Hiriel: Well, I know I'm innocent, but to prove it the rest of ya'll, I cite that both Fea and TORE (even though Fea did not in fact dream of me, he backed up TORE, who could have) counted me as completely, proven innocent. Why would they do that if they had doubts about me? Why not just say they didn't suspect me at the time? I also tied the vote between Sleepy and Bergil when there were still more votes for Sleepy. If I was a wolf, I could have saved Bergil from the noose. A wolf, while the vote was still up in the air, wouldn't vote for another wolf.

Sleepy Ranger: What clears him in my mind is that he was the first person to vote, and vote correctly for a wolf. Why would he not try to, if he was a wolf, cast suspicion on someone else the whole day? Or use his vote to try and build a bandwagon for one of the innocents? I could understand if it looked as though Bergil was going to be hanged all along and there was not any real hope of saving him, SleepyRanger!Wolf voting for Bergil to save his identity, but I can't see a wolf casting unnessisary suspicion on a fellow wolf who was certainly on people's list, but wasn't likely to be hanged when SR voted. EDIT Also what Sleepy said in defense of himself. I'd forgoten TORE asked the Seer to dream about him.

Probable Innocents:
Rune: He's been very logical the whole game, his voting pattern is pretty solid and he looks to me unwolfish. Now, I haven't seen anything that would clear him entirely, but he's not at all my top suspect. Rune's only quirk is that he keeps gunning for Thinlomien, who I haven't seen much evidence for, one way or the other. I dunno why that is, Rune's not the Seer, but maybe I'm missing something.

Thinlomien: This is gut feeling. I've not seen any damning evidence for Thin, other than the lack of votes. As for those, I accept Thin's reasons why he was confused. Lord knows that could have been me, if I wasn't so bored on Day 1. I've not seen anything to clear Thin entirely, but I'm 70% sure.

Now, that leaves Malkatoj and Eonwe. Eonwe...I'm now about 55% sure that Eonwe's a wolf. All the points SR brought up make sense to me. I'd already had in mind Bergil's assertation of Eonwe's innocence early on. I've just seen less redeeming points on Eonwe's part. He voted late for Bergil, and even though he broke the tie between Sleepy and Bergil, it was pretty clear that Jack ( who voted last) was going to vote for Bergil anyway. Also: TORE voted for Eonwe Day 1. He said it was for completely baseless reasons, however, I doubt TORE did anything in this game that was baseless. He couldn't very well have said, "Um, guys, I had a dream last night that Eonwe was really hairy."

As for Malk, our Seer was sure in counting Malkatoj as a wolf, and I trust TORE. So, even though I might weigh in on whatever comes up later on today, I want to vote early.

++Malkatoj

4 8 15 16 23 42 ~Proud Lostaway

Last edited by Hiriel; 10-08-2005 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Typos, typoes everywhere, and not a drop of sense.
Hiriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 02:59 PM   #220
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe Vote

I'm out for the day-

++Malkatoj
Old 10-08-2005, 03:53 PM   #221
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

1420! I am back !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
Rune might be a wolf (and a damn good gamer). His first posts are very unwolfish, but lately he hasn't posted anything that supports his innocence.
Just because i suspect you does not mean i am a Wolf !
It just mean that i am a confused villager who is having trouble finding the last wolf !

If i should judge people by there votes i would stick with what i postet earlyer!

But if i were to look at statements and who people attached them selfs too. I could ad Eonwe to the list

Hiriel
Fea innocent's
Jack

P.S. Denmark 1 Greece 0 Odin vs Zeus
P.P.S. Odin = Lord Of The Rings

Old 10-08-2005, 05:12 PM   #222
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

sorry. work...work was awesome...

right, in keeping with our late seer's wishes:

++malkatoj

ok that's done, let's get down to business.

and first for business, as sleepy ranger appears to be chief prosecutor, i will adress this to him. can i take it that most of your argument comes from post 217? because i think that a very shaky arguement (no offence, but i do have somethink for each point).

you seem to think there is some kind of discontenuity between the first post (you don't give the number, and i don't know it), and teh second statemen aobut random voting. let me first say i am very displeased by the your wording "Eonwe states that we should vote randomly". do you think there is a better way to vote on day one. there was next to nothing known at the close of day one. even TORE voted randomly. (i will here try to anticipate your reaction of, "yes but TORE as the seer could have had inside information.) TORE never made any light of any eonwe dream, nor voiced any suspicion later on. so i think we can conclude that it was indeed a random vote.

Kitanna - Eonwe link? i don't think she was ever really suspicios of me (or anyone, poor soul didn't last long enough). I certainly never felt anything from her. It is kind of hard for anyone to hit too near teh target on DAy one...

on to your next point, this one is even more disappointing. i think you quite take it out of context. Bergil was saying nothing of either my innocence or guilt. the comment was voicing suspicoin of none other that you my friend, based on your comment about me. i guess i should quote in full the post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergil
The Phantom would be proud appearing so much in a game he isn't in. I will cast my vote for

++Sleepy Ranger

this is partly for self-preservation I admit, but people don't seem to think Fea is guilty (I'm not even so sure anymore), he might be a wolf and, 1 muinate after he recieved his 1st vote, he responded to Eonwe's innocent statement of
Quote:
:
sometimes i hate werewolf.
turning it into a freudian slip
:
Only sometimes? Hmmm... Do you mean to say that you like or support the werewolves at other times?

and for the analytical line, I just didn't know if he usually acted that way
as for the very end, i don't think that is that important. apperently, you are taking this entirely wrong. you seem to think that i am just figuring out that TORE is not the ranger. no. how could i have know. you have to take someone at their word when the real ranger doesn't raise their hand. (if im not reading waht you are saying right, please let me know. but im sure i can give you something for that, too ) waht i was really saying was, if TORE was a wolf, we are screwed. fortunately he wasn't.

all in all, i think you take most of my word out of context or twist them. if you hadn't provided such compilling evidence that TORE knew of your innocents, i would highly suspect you. sigh....
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 06:19 PM   #223
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

ok here's how it breaks down for me:

Eonwe: I know im innocent. i count sr's suspicions as baseless, and a bit offending, considering how much was taken out of context.

Feanor of the Peredhil: Um, waht are you now? the ranger? right, right, gotcha. obviously innocent.

Jack (aka Folwren): obviously innocent. saved by ranger = innocent.

Hiriel: not much to go on. could go either way.

Malkatoj: wolf

Rune Son of Bjarne: not much to go on. could go either way.

Sleepy Ranger: he put forth a pretty convinsing argument for his innocence. all the same, i don't like the way he attacked me. i think an innocent would have used much sounder logic.

Thinlomien: well now. i don't rigtly know.

so, i would council looking primarily into Hiriel, Rune, and i think i'll keep Sleepy Ranger on the table for now.

It really is too bad that TORE couldn't tell us all his dreams before he died. that would narrow the scope considerablely...
Old 10-08-2005, 06:38 PM   #224
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Sting Vote

Since we have not been able to get a good discution going today and find the last wolf. I will do as the rest and vote ++Malkatoj

The reason i am suspecting Thinlomien (and others) again is that the ones i thought might be guilty was Malkatoj, Jack and Gurthang.

Gurthang we killed

Jack it cannot be

Malkatoj we are going to kill

were does that leave me ?

Keep in mind that i am no genius at analysing what people say and do. I am no TOREstel !

P.S. Is this transforming in to a TOREstel cult ? Cool, count me in.

Old 10-08-2005, 07:47 PM   #225
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Okay, guys, I hope TORE knew what he was talking about. I don't need to vote...Malk is dying tonight without question.

I don't have much to say, either. I read the posts and have come up with the conclusion that the other wolf (assuming that Malk really is the guilty one) is probably Eonwe. However, I'm not one hundred percent sure. No one is, in fact. We still have tomorrow (Sunday) and the next DAY (Monday) to research her posts (and others) and see what things turn out to be.

Eonwe...your defenses for yourseld don't help your case much. You saying that an innocent will come up with more convincing arguments is bogus. People can only go what they have, even if they don't have much. (See my post against SP.)

One thing - we must all be careful about who our Hunter is.........

-- Jack
Old 10-08-2005, 08:11 PM   #226
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack
Eonwe...your defenses for yourseld don't help your case much. You saying that an innocent will come up with more convincing arguments is bogus. People can only go what they have, even if they don't have much. (See my post against SP.)
That's true. you can't completely make something up and expect it to hold water. and every thought counts. But ask yourself, "What is a wolf up to right now." Ask yourself, "waht is an innocent up to?" if i was answering those quetions, i would say, "a wolf it trying to throw suspicion around. an innocent is trying to get to the bottom of the matter." i think sp's points against me were nought but slinging of suspicion. NOTE: AS FAR AS IM CONSERNED, SR IS PRETTY MUCH IN THE CLEAR, DUE TO HIS POINTS ABOUT TOREstel. but can you at least see how there isn't much substance behind SR's accusations? (and how an accusation without substance is more wolfish than innocent?)
Old 10-08-2005, 08:40 PM   #227
Hiriel
Wight

Hiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Hiriel
Shield

Quote:
But ask yourself, "What is a wolf up to right now." Ask yourself, "waht is an innocent up to?" if i was answering those quetions, i would say, "a wolf it trying to throw suspicion around. an innocent is trying to get to the bottom of the matter." i think sp's points against me were nought but slinging of suspicion. NOTE: AS FAR AS IM CONSERNED, SR IS PRETTY MUCH IN THE CLEAR, DUE TO HIS POINTS ABOUT TOREstel.
Eonwe, quit while you're behind. You're contradicting yourself. If you think SR is throwing suspicion around and acting wolfishly, how can you put him in the clear, even though he has the endorsement of TORE? (btw, Rune, I totally agree. This game has turned into the TOREstel cult of late.)

Quote:
"One thing - we must all be careful about who our Hunter is.........
Herm. I agree. The hunter's slunk below the radar this whole game. But really, I think all the hunter has to know is not to kill Feanor or Jack or SR or the proven innocents. The rest of them are fair game, and it'll have to rely on the hunter's judgement. By keeping our hunter in the shadows, he or she's more likely to get a wolf now that we're down to so few villagers.

4 8 15 16 23 42 ~Proud Lostaway
Hiriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 09:29 PM   #228
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

i can't quit! especially when your not tellng the whole story. quote the last two sentences and put the "pretty much" in, please!

what im trying to say is that, if it wasn't for a weird type accusation, SR would be in teh clear. he does put forth some nice evidence. but (in my mind) it is A BIT counterbalanced by some not quite clear behavior. let me be quite explisit (this is what i've been trying to say the whole time): Sleepy Ranger checks out except for a bit of strange behaviour (ie, falty accusations). If i could clear that up, everything is good.

I hope that makes things clearer. I don't think i contradicted myself in saying that someone is looking innocent, exept for one small bit, did i.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:30 PM   #229
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
Eye

TIME!

Expect Malkatoj's Death shortly!
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 10:00 PM   #230
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

There was a great sense of accomplishment in the village today. Everyone had prepared for the emergence of a wolf today, since they had been fully convinced that Malkatoj was indeed the wolf. The villagers had seen their members die from quills, alcohol, instruments, peaches, and other horrible means. They would not tolerate failure. Slowly, they gathered

Malkatoj had been bound and gagged, leaving no means for any defense. The villagers were a little uneasy by the fact that no wolf had tried to defend themself at this point, but continued to pick up the supposed-wolf, and pull her off to the pond. When they arrived, Malkatoj was calm, no sign of fear in her face. In fact, Malkatoj was the only villager at that moment that was not worrying, the others pondering in their head why a fencer wouldn't defend themselves. But, what had to be done would be done, and so they dropped her right in front of the pond.

"Malkatoj, for inexcusable crimes of serial murder, slanderous lies, and masquerading around as one of us, you are to be executed in the most humane manner imaginable: Fed to the piranha’s in the Pond of Twingeness! Have you any last words before you are executed, foul lupine?”

Malkatoj was ungagged, though she was still bound and closely guarded with axes and bows. “Just one” Malkatoj said, as a eerie calm grew over the crowd. After a minute of having her eyes closed, there was a loud roar from the crowd “Well!?! Common then! What is it?” Malkatoj opened her eyes slowly, staring at the villager. “Run”

A grey mist came instantly out of the west, as Malkatoj twisted around violently. The bindings snapped, and Malkatoj stood up at her full height, her tail brushing between her feet. At once, she pounced for the nearest villager, but before anyone could speak a word, three bows twanged and Malkatoj fell dead.

To the dismay of those that stood by, about the body of Malkatoj the eerie mist gathered. It rose slowly to a great height like smoke from a fire, as a pale shrouded figure it loomed over the pond. For a moment it wavered, looking to the West; but out of the West came a cold wind, and it bent away, and with a sigh dissolved into nothing.

“Here us now, werewolf! You are alone, and may no longer take council with your kind! Your end is near at hand!” they said, as they grabbed Malkatoj’s inanimate corpse, and threw it to the piranha’s, where it disappeared in seconds. Watching grimly, the people took their last look at the dead wolf, and then to each other, and then slowly departed to the sanctuary of their beds.

Dead
The Only Real Estel (Seer) - eyes gouged out and replaced with peaches on Night 4
Malkatoj (Wolf) – Shot by arrows and dissolved into nothing on Day 5

Alive
Eonwe
Feanor of the Peredhil
Jack (aka Folwren)
Hiriel
Rune Son of Bjarne
Sleepy Ranger
Thinlomien

Wolf: Think wisely on your choice tonight. Ranger and Hunter, do what must be done. There should be no more chatter from the villagers, as it is Night 5!

PS: Hope you liked my little tribute to The Scouring of the Shire
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 10-09-2005, 05:58 PM   #231
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Revenge. That was the only thought in the wolf's mind. There was no more time for fun and games. It was no nothing more than business, and the wolf had it's victim. The wolf walked over to a house, the lights still on. Slowly, the wolf knocked on the door, and the villager answered. "Who is it?" the villager asked. "I can't sleep. We need to talk!" the wolf replied. Slowly and cautiously, the villager let the wolf in. There was peace for a minute in the town of Fwedawick, but then, the villager's lights suddenly went out, and the thrashing began.

The next morning, the villagers all awoke and gathered around. They were happy with their successful catch of a wolf, and fear had been replaced with cautious optimism. "Well, are we all here?" one of the villagers ask. "Aye, everyone's here...wait, where's -" but the villager was cut off, as they all heard a woman's scream eminate through the village. They all ran to the sound, and came at last to the sourch. A women covered in blood was standing outside of the house. "I....he....wolves...." the woman said. None of the villagers had seen her before. "Who are you?" one of the villagers asked. "I am River. I...I cleaned his....he's....he...." but she succumbed to tears and pointed inside the house. Slowly, the villagers walked inside, and looked at the horror that had occured that night.

The walls were covered with blood. All around, there were runes and pictographs. Great drawings of wolves eating villagers were marked all around the rooms. Words in an unknown dark language were scattered around the ceiling, and a trail of deep red blood soaked the floor. Hesitantly, the villagers followed the pool of blood into the largest room in the house. It was circular, and to the villagers astonishment, there was no blood. The room was completly clean. "Where....what happened in here?" a villager asked, as everyone looked again and again through the room, looking for a sign of death. Everything seemed to be in place, just as it had always been. The villagers hope would have been lost, had River not have found what was wrong. A wardrobe had been moved out of its normal location. When the villagers pushed it away, it revealed a mirror, it's edges outlined in blood-written words. It read:

Mirror mirror on the wall
Who's the ranger amongst them all?

Someone touched the mirror, and revealed that it was also a passageway. When pushed back, it revealed a secret room. It was there that they found the body. Feanor of the Peredhil's corpse was lying in the empty room, nothing left of the body except a few pieces of flesh clinging to bone. He had been literally ripped to shreds. At once, River screamed again in shock, and passed out on the floor. Someone quickly took her pulse and shouted "My word! She's dead!" . The villagers were shocked, but they didn't care as much for her, so the blow didn't hit her that hard. She died of a heart attack, and was indeed a regular villager. "Well, now that she's not a suspect, who could do something like this? Who would do something like this? Where is the wolf?!?"

Note: About the whole River thing, I just felt like adding in a red shirt (a minor character who dies). She is not important, and I am just killing off this non-existant character for my own amusment and repressed childhood.

Dead
Malkatoj (Wolf) – Shot by arrows and dissolved into nothing on Day 5
Feanor of the Peredhil (Ranger) - Ripped to Bloody Shreds on Night 5

Alive
Eonwe
Jack (aka Folwren)
Hiriel
Rune Son of Bjarne
Sleepy Ranger
Thinlomien

It is now Day 6! Wolf, hush! Villagers, go get em!
Old 10-09-2005, 06:30 PM   #232
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hm. Must've gotten up three hours early. Should we really take advantage of this Moding mistake?

My opinion...read past posts and days very, very carefuly.

-- Jack
Old 10-09-2005, 07:00 PM   #233
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

This was no supries

The only thing I am sure of right now is that Jack and I are innocent.

To Sleepy: Why was it acceptet that you were no wolf ? (please elaborate)

Old 10-10-2005, 12:17 AM   #234
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Congrats to us; we succeeded to lynch a wolf this time. (Not another gurthang-like fiasco )

Our poor ranger! But her death wasn't really a surprise. I doubt everyone knew she'd be the next.

Quote:
Just because i suspect you does not mean i am a Wolf ! -Rune
No, no I don't mean that. You suspect (nearly) all, so I really couldn't make a show about it . You just had some strange points and Hiriel and Eonwe seemed innocent. After two day's thinking I actually think you're probably innocent; you're a bit too forward to be a wolf. (This doesn't still move you from my suspected wolfs' list.)
My main suspects now are Hiriel and Eonwe. Hiriel is not very much suspected for being a wolf, because Fea thought she was probably innocent and chose her to appear innocent in her 'dream'. So, now when we know that Fea wasn't the seer, we have no evidence to prove her innocence. Yet both Fea and Tore - whom I think are quite quick-witted (and at least Fea is experienced in WW) - thought her inocent.
Eonwe is quite strange. Her argumentation about voting and random voting (proved by SR) seems a bit strange, but everyone can make mistakes under exiting circumstances, I suppose. Now she's having quite a lot of problems, because many seem to suspect her. I wait eagerly to see how she defends herself.
Why not Jack, Sleepy or myself. I think this proves SR 's innocence:
Quote:
Many people are finding it hard to believe that I am innocent, while browsing through this thread I have come across something that can prove my innocence, in fact I believe I have come across TORE's third dream.

Lets start off with Post#121-

Now TORE was the seer, perhaps he is telling us who he will dream off...
Moving on to Post#137-

Is he trying to throw the wolves off him so that he can safely drop a hint? It seems that way.

Now he drops a series of hints to prove my innocence-

Post#146

Look closely, is he trying to tell us something other than malk being a wolf?

Post#150

There you go. He pretty much said it there.

Post#172

Hopefully this is enough to prove my innocence. I do believe TORE said it himself.
Jack's innocence is agreed by all, so I won't continue repeating the reasons here.
Unless I read the PM about WWJ roles wrong, I'm an innocent, ordinary villager.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:16 AM   #235
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
I don't. I never stopped suspecting. But you're lucky that this is going to be my only post all weekend, and I'm in a hurry, so I can't elaborate.
This is bothering me a great deal.

To Thinlómien: you should not remove all offcouse, since there is no deffinit proof of my innocens. I just got the feeling that you thougt I was innocent, but every time i mentioned you I was suddenly a wolf.

Hiriel seems more likely to be innocent to me.

Eonwe could go either way

I will elaborate when i have time.

Old 10-10-2005, 04:38 AM   #236
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
To Thinlómien: you should not remove all offcouse, since there is no deffinit proof of my innocens. I just got the feeling that you thougt I was innocent, but every time i mentioned you I was suddenly a wolf.
I'm sorry if you got that impression, it was not my intention.

I suppose we should perhaps lynch Eonwe today.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:37 AM   #237
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

I will most proably vote for Eonwe today. I've stated my reasons before and she put up a weak arguement. Especially the "innocent would give sounder reasoning."
I admit I did not post the entire posts but I did give you the post number for reference. I only posted the parts that would prove my points. As for the Bergil post I am fully aware that he suspected me in that post and supported you. Thats the entire point since hes a wolf... I will most proably vote early today since I doubt I'll be able to come on later.

Eonwe - In my opinion, Wolf
Jack (aka Folwren) - Innocent
Hiriel - Wolf (?)
Rune Son of Bjarne - Innocent (?)
Sleepy Ranger - Innocent
Thinlomien - Innocent (?)

(?) means unsure

Lets see, six people left alive, five innocents, one wolf.
If we lynch Eonwe and she turns out to be innocent we'll be left with three innocents and one wolf after the night. After that I believe Hiriel would be the next best candidate. I say we should lynch Eonwe today unless she
can bring up solid proof of her innocence.

Edit- Eonwe did vote for Bergil during the time when him and I were neck to neck but bear in mind at the time I had 4 votes while Bergil had 3. This was indeed a clever move, voting for Bergil would make it 4-4 but I'd still get lynched because the vote for Bergil came in after mine. And as it was said in Eonwe's post, only 15 minutes to go and she proably assumed that nobody else would vote. Jack's post was completely unexpected and I guess I got lucky because it was a cross-post and Eonwe won the race. Had Jack managed to get his post in before Eonwe I daresay I wouldn't be here right now.

Last edited by Sleepy Ranger; 10-10-2005 at 05:54 AM.
Sleepy Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 07:09 AM   #238
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I am sorry if i change my mind alot, but i am confused.

The reason i have not suspected Eonwe for a since the lynching of Bergil, is that she did vote for Bergil. I am however open for a posibel lynching of her today as she could have thought it was safe to do so. (I lack good evidence agains anyone so this will have to do)

Hiriel is inoccent she has not done one singel thing that would make me suspect her. (maby lack of posting in the begining)

Thinlomien same as ever.

Sleepy Ranger I do not se evidence that show that you are not a volf. I do not get how you can base youre defense on the remarks of TORE and the suspect Hiriel when TORE was sure of her inoccens. I do not have any good evidence against you so i will let you go for now.

I think the wisest thing to do is proberbly to lynch Eonwe and then Sleepy, but my mind can easely change. It all depents on what you will reply.

P.S. Gurthang seemed to be on to somthing after Kitanas death. look #61

Old 10-10-2005, 08:14 AM   #239
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I have to leave early (again), so I vote.
It's sad that I didn't hear Eonwe defending herself, but as I have to vote now, I vote for her. ++EONWE. One vote does not count so much, so she isn't doomed yet if you decide she's innocent.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 10-10-2005 at 08:15 AM. Reason: I changed my vote to be in capital letters
Old 10-10-2005, 08:20 AM   #240
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Quote:
I think the wisest thing to do is proberbly to lynch Eonwe and then Sleepy, but my mind can easely change. It all depents on what you will reply.
You yourself there is no solid evidence against me. In fact the only evidence there ever was was me being flip-floppy. Yes in my mind lynching Eonwe today is the wisest course of action and after that if Eonwe does turn out innocent then it will be our last and final lynching of the game so we will have to think it over wisely. Lynching me with no solid evidence except for me being flip-floppish earlier would be a really stupid move. I mean look I already proved that TORE dreamed about me. Those aren't just random opinions, he was stating facts. Anyway if Eonwe does indeed turn out to be innocent then we'll have to do some very deep thinking to win.