The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2015, 07:39 PM   #201
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Ha!

"True" that I'm hitting it out of the park. Not the "Rikae is evil" part.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:40 PM   #202
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't mind voting for Nog, but only if we have an actual real chance of leaping him with or ahead of Form and Agan. Otherwise it feels like a waste.
I'd be willing to vote for Nog if there was a chance of him overtaking Form and Agan. If not, or if there's only the chance that he'll just add to the tie, I would prefer to vote for Agan and ensure that we do take the opportunity to lynch toDay.

Last edited by Loslote; 06-02-2015 at 07:41 PM. Reason: xed since Boro
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:41 PM   #203
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
This whole day has been spent talking about the dead thread, and dang it, it now has me talking more about it. I think there is certainly wolfish influence in this.
Y'know, I don't think there is. At least, not that much. Just going by my past villainous proclivities, in situations like this - where the rules are so complex - I reckon wolves are sitting back and letting people talk.

And I know I'm playing that game too; but it's not through evil intentions, rather difficulty in imagining all these brilliant plans. But wolves don't need to get involved.

This Agan/Lommy thing - I don't buy it. Wolves don't need to be in the spotlight today. No way.

It's probably dogma, but I'm not picking any of you loudmouths today.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:42 PM   #204
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
++ Aganzir

Any lynch is still better than no lynch in my book, so out of those who I dislike Agan has the most realistic odds of not leaving a tie.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:44 PM   #205
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
This Agan/Lommy thing - I don't buy it. Wolves don't need to be in the spotlight today. No way.

It's probably dogma, but I'm not picking any of you loudmouths today.
If Agan, Lommy, Nog, etc. were quiet and in the background, it would be the biggest tip-off you could get that they were evil. Some players have playing styles such that they can't get away with hiding in the back on Day 1, even if it is the traditional route for wolves. I wouldn't rule them out just because of that.

Last edited by Loslote; 06-02-2015 at 07:45 PM. Reason: xed with McCaber
Old 06-02-2015, 07:44 PM   #206
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Can someone start at the beginning and explain why Agan is suspicious? I just skimmed over the exchange and it looks like she's suspected because she made a joke, and then she is further suspected because she didn't like being suspected for making a joke. Is that accurate or am I missing something?
What I got is she used the word "kill" instead of "lynch," and morm half-jokingly asked her if that was a Freudian slip, because a wolf would likely see the "lynch" from the POV as "killing."

I didn't read Agan's response carefully enough, but Lommy interpreted her reaction to it as even worse than an innocent Freudian slip.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:44 PM   #207
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Maybe this is a cop-out, but

++Gwathagor

If someone's not going to talk, might as well get rid of 'em. I just don't have enough time or presence of mind right now to come up with a better reason why someone else should be lynched.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:45 PM   #208
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Ugh. I suspected Agan earlier but she's been looking better to me lately. I also definitely don't want Form lynched. And Nog is creating confusion but I suspect it's just sleep deprivation, not evil, to blame.

Lommy, Greenie and Mac all seem like decent options to me. Or even the phantom, though he has no votes.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:45 PM   #209
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
True, but wolfish.
A Wolfish truth is still truth. Basically for the last page you've been poking holes in things that needed it, and in case I got the chance to vote Nog I didn't want there to be any doubt as to why.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:48 PM   #210
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting Leest.

I have this flippant wish that, when some of you are Dead, you'd get frustrated about having to give crucial information to the village and not knowing a way to do so in a non-misinterpretable fashion, only to realise that if only you'd discussed in more constructive terms how to organise this information conduit while we are all still here there should have been a better way than hoping they get your attempts to move the coin.

Anyway, for this game, I like lists. As I've said previously, I think the biggest targets of NIGHT kills are those who seem to know more about the village's composition than a blind Ordo, and so Wolves would probably hide under a veneer of being clueless or narrow-minded to hide their opinion of the village as a whole.

Here is mine ( Boro):

Koala
  • Rikae - probably because we share a lot of ideas and I like people who agree with me
  • Boromir88 - ditto. Also, I stole this list heading from him.
  • Mithalwen - is my mother and I would never suspect her

Shark-infested waters
  • phantom - his ideas got the whole village moving past the banter stage, and I agree with what he's trying to do. Has also posted a list. But he's the phantom, so... Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
  • mormegil - has made reasonable innocent villager-like arguments
  • Shastanis Althreduin - ditto
  • Nerwen - disagreed with the vote-tying plan, but argued for some means of communication between the living and the Dead.
  • Loslote - same as Nerwen
  • Legate of Amon Lanc - has posted a list. Just saddened that he doesn't remember me (I thought I was a, ah, distinctive character. ;_; )
  • Macalaure - has rebutted my argument for my suspicion (i.e., I am illiterate, lynch me), as well as made a list

Swarm of killer beers [sic]
  • Aganzir
  • Thinlómien - The Finnish friends' little spat... well, they are friends, and I generally have a shorter fuse when it comes to my friends. But I echo others' sentiment that it looks Wolf-on-Wolf. (Remember, 'Wolf-on-Wolf' in this village doesn't necessarily mean 'artificially contrived'. Two Packs!) I trust Lommy more because list.
  • Nogrod - Oh, man... I initially had him in the previous section (pulling out the Voltaire quote even), but... his vehement argument against some form of clue-giving between the living and the Dead is troubling. Post-Mandos game trauma?

Komodo dragon
  • Kath - Where do I put people whom I have no read on? I'll put them here because I haven't seen a Komodo dragon.
  • Lalaith
  • Sallykins
  • McCaber
  • Rune Son of Bjarne
  • Firefoot - has made a substantial contribution to the discussion of the vote-tying plan, but otherwise I have no read on her.
  • A Little Green - disagreed with the vote-tying plan, contributed the Agan-Lommy fight, so a bunch of contradictory signals from her.
  • Formendacil - the grump (sorry) of the 'DAY 1 ' movement (whereas I'm the suicidal lunatic of the movement). Self-voting with a purpose is fun. (Also, I forgot the Mythomancer role. ) Because he's a true DAY 1 warrior, I have no read on him toDAY.
  • Gwathagor - scared because I'll beat him again in Arda Cup phantasy (has not yet posted)

Godzilla
  • Nilpaurion Felagund - lynch him
  • Kuruharan

Not that this matters, cos I've already voted.

Last edited by Nilpaurion Felagund; 06-02-2015 at 07:50 PM. Reason: dragons -> dragon
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:48 PM   #211
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
If Agan, Lommy, Nog, etc. were quiet and in the background, it would be the biggest tip-off you could get that they were evil. Some players have playing styles such that they can't get away with hiding in the back on Day 1, even if it is the traditional route for wolves. I wouldn't rule them out just because of that.
Eh...I'm not sure. This whole Agan/Lommy thing? Seems a bit haphazard to me. Could have been avoided easily if they wanted - I couldn't even tell why there was an argument until multiple posts in - and wolves tend to want to avoid the spotlight.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:49 PM   #212
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I believe that puts Agan at 4 and Form at 3. Nilp, Mac, Legate, Lommy, Greenie, all with 1.

I guess time for talk is up.

++Nog
Old 06-02-2015, 07:50 PM   #213
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Nilp -> Nilp
Rune -> Formendacil
Mormegil -> Macalaure
Lalaith -> Legate
Kath -> Formendacil 2
Aganzir -> Lommy
Lommy -> Aganzir
Legate -> A Little Green
Nogrod -> Aganzir 2
Form -> Form 3
Mith -> Agan 3
McCaber -> Agan 4
Firefoot -> Gwath
Boro -> Nog

I still want to lynch Nog (and I don't understand how he has zero votes), but it would take five votes at this point.
(EDIT: Now he does have one.)
Out of Form and Agan I'd say Form is the safest, but frankly I dislike both options.

Last edited by the phantom; 06-02-2015 at 07:53 PM. Reason: x-post with vote
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:52 PM   #214
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

I dislike both too. I could vote for Nogrod, solely on the basis that I don't buy the other candidates.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:52 PM   #215
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Well, the best hunch I have at the moment, and I hope I'm not alone in it.

Aside from general "vibes", the kill/lynch quibble with Aganzir looked really fabricated to me.

++Lommy
Old 06-02-2015, 07:52 PM   #216
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++Aganzir

Maybe it was a slip, maybe it wasn't. But if it wasn't, why did the whole thing blow up? I'd imagine an innocent, even if gifted - especially if gifted - would be cooler about it.

I slipped as a wolf before and it's a head-desking experience. You feel so terrible and stupid, it's almost impossible not to get defensive about it once people see it, and eventually of course they do.

It just matches her reaction.

Last edited by Macalaure; 06-02-2015 at 07:57 PM. Reason: grammar is hard
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:53 PM   #217
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I could vote for Nog. Probably the biggest thing that's stood out to me today was Nog's comment on how "an ordo would be fine with dying", or something to that effect. I quoted it earlier.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:54 PM   #218
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
We can't let Form threaten Nilp's legacy. Also, I don't think he's evil.

Of the ones currently available....Nog? Maybe? I think the Agan thing was blown a bit out of proportion for toDay.

We'll see. Updating the thread again.

x'd since Phantom's last
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:55 PM   #219
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Okay then, I'm doing it-

++Nogrod
Old 06-02-2015, 07:55 PM   #220
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
I still want to lynch Nog (and I don't understand how he has zero votes), but it would take five votes at this point.
(EDIT: Now he does have one.)
Six now, but you know what? I'm pretty sure there will be a lynch, and I'm decently content with the way it looks right now, so I'm going to go ahead and

++Nog

because I'm much more confident in his guilt than in Agan's, and I'm feeling a little stubborn today, even if it probably won't happen.

Last edited by Loslote; 06-02-2015 at 07:56 PM. Reason: xed since Mac
Old 06-02-2015, 07:56 PM   #221
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Nilp -> Nilp
Rune -> Formendacil
Mormegil -> Macalaure
Lalaith -> Legate
Kath -> Formendacil 2
Aganzir -> Lommy
Lommy -> Aganzir
Legate -> A Little Green
Nogrod -> Aganzir 2
Form -> Form 3
Mith -> Agan 3
McCaber -> Agan 4
Firefoot -> Gwath
Boro -> Nog
Rikae -> Lommy 2
Mac -> Agan 5
TP -> Nog 2
Lottie -> Nog 3
Old 06-02-2015, 07:56 PM   #222
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

All right. This is total chaos, but because I don't buy the whole Agan/Lommy thing as wolvish - and because Form is probably innocent -

++NOGROD
Old 06-02-2015, 07:57 PM   #223
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
++Nogrod

It ended up being between Agan and Nog for me, and Nog's possible groundwork-laying for suspecting anyone on the grounds of not wanting to be lynched looks more suspicious than Agan's possible slip and general defensiveness.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 06-02-2015 at 07:59 PM. Reason: x'ed since Lottie
Old 06-02-2015, 07:57 PM   #224
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
++Aganzir

Maybe it was a slip, maybe it wasn't. But if it wasn't, why did the whole thing blow up? I'd imagine an innocent, even if gifted - especially if gifted - would be cooler about it.

I slipped as a wolf before and it's a head-desking experience. You feel so terrible and stupid, it's almost impossible not to get defensive about it once people see it, and eventually of course they do.

It just matches to her reaction.
I hope you're right, but Agan's usually pretty cool as a wolf.

Edit: X'd with Eomer & Shasta
Old 06-02-2015, 07:57 PM   #225
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Watch Gwath run in at the buzzer and swing the vote, ha ha.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:59 PM   #226
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Nilp -> Nilp
Rune -> Formendacil
Mormegil -> Macalaure
Lalaith -> Legate
Kath -> Formendacil 2
Aganzir -> Lommy
Lommy -> Aganzir
Legate -> A Little Green
Nogrod -> Aganzir 2
Form -> Form 3
Mith -> Agan 3
McCaber -> Agan 4
Firefoot -> Gwath
Boro -> Nog
Rikae -> Lommy 2
Mac -> Agan 5
TP -> Nog 2
Lottie -> Nog 3
Eomer -> Nog 4
Shasta -> Nog 5
Old 06-02-2015, 07:59 PM   #227
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well, you know what they say....

You will curse the day you did not do all that the phantom asked of you.

Wait! Why am I agreeing with Phantom? Let us never speak of this again.

Still.

++Nog

x'd since Eomer
Old 06-02-2015, 07:59 PM   #228
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Not Nogrod... not again!
Old 06-02-2015, 07:59 PM   #229
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I didn't realize I was tying it up. Bah.

Edit: X'ed since Phantom, and now it's not tied anymore.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:00 PM   #230
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

You cruel people.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:01 PM   #231
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Deadline

The deadline has come. Please stop posting.

The narration will be up shortly.

Those who have NIGHTLY business, you know what to do.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:15 PM   #232
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Question The First

The debate raged long and hard throughout the DAY. Point and Counterpoint clashed in a rising crescendo as the inmates argued about their predicament, the meaning of life and death, and philosophy. I mean, if you Kant debate philosophy at a time like this, when can you? (Yes, I realize that was a terrible pun, I couldn't help myself).

Fortunately through it all, somehow, breakfast, lunch, and even dinner had been provided. Sadly, nobody saw how, or even realized it was happening in all the confusion.

Lucky thing too because the argument reached a frenzy rivaling that of an out-of-control roller coaster!

At last a gang of the inmates suddenly seized one of their number, seemingly out of nowhere, thrust him under the guillotine and pulled the lever.

CHOP

The head rolled on the floor.

It held no answers, only less blood than it had up till then.

Suddenly darkness fell and all were cast into sleep.

The Missing or Dead:
Kuruharan
Nogrod

The Living:
Formendacil
Rikae
satansaloser2005
Macalaure
Gwathagor
McCaber
Loslote
Boromir88
Aganzir
Nerwen
Rune Son of Bjarne
Firefoot
Thinlómien
Lalaith
Eomer of the Rohirrim
mormegil
Nilpaurion Felagund
Shastanis Althreduin
Legate of Amon Lanc
the phantom
Mithalwen
A Little Green
Kath

The Wolves may PM again, the Lovers continue to do so. The Seer dreams, the Hunter hunts, the Ranger...err ranges, and those with deep secrets keep them still.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:07 PM   #233
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots Day Two

The NIGHT had been dark and full of terrors (I promise that is the last reference I will make...for at least a sentence or so).

Light filtered down into the deeps once more, and with it somehow came breakfast.

The inmates began stirring. It had been a hard NIGHT for all. Sleeping where one could find room had taken a toll on their bodies. There were aches and pains and grumblings all round. One individual had even developed a persistent itch due to the damp from the doors being permanently shut.

However, the NIGHT had been harder on some than on others. The inmates discovered that the phantom and Rune Son of Bjarne had been mauled to death in the NIGHT.

There was clearly still work to do.

The Missing or Dead:
Kuruharan
Nogrod
the phantom
Rune Son of Bjarne

The Living:
Formendacil
Rikae
satansaloser2005
Macalaure
Gwathagor
McCaber
Loslote
Boromir88
Aganzir
Nerwen
Firefoot
Thinlómien
Lalaith
Eomer of the Rohirrim
mormegil
Nilpaurion Felagund
Shastanis Althreduin
Legate of Amon Lanc
Mithalwen
A Little Green
Kath

The Wolves will stop PMing now. The Lovers may continue to do so.

As of toDAY somebody will have their vote doubled.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:08 PM   #234
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Well, I guess that takes care of that.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:09 PM   #235
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I'm sure Nog and phantom will have some nice words for each other.

To be a fly on the wall.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:18 PM   #236
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Ok, so, whatever the phantom was, his plan shall live on!

Although these guys don't actually know anyone's role to signal us about, yet, so it won't come into play until toMorrow. But anyhoo.

That was some wagon yesterDay, wasn't it? I'd say it deserves a closer look.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:30 PM   #237
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Huh. So that happened.

Phantom I understand -who doesn't want to kill Phantom- but why Rune?
Old 06-03-2015, 08:33 PM   #238
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rune seemed very opposed to a Day 1 vote, and I got the feeling he was worried he'd end up on the chopping block.

I could see someone thinking that was seerish.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:34 PM   #239
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I mean a Day 1 lynch. As opposed to a tie.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:39 PM   #240
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Rune seemed very opposed to a Day 1 vote, and I got the feeling he was worried he'd end up on the chopping block.

I could see someone thinking that was seerish.
I suppose that's possible. So is the rival wolf pack perhaps thinking he was trying to delay a lynch to give the baddies an advantage.

I'll have a go through his posts before I head off to bed. Back soon.