The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2009, 10:58 PM   #41
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Still holding a grudge, darling, from that very first game.
That was what...four years ago now?
Old 04-05-2009, 11:12 PM   #42
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
That was what...four years ago now?
Oh dear... this makes me feel old...
Old 04-05-2009, 11:23 PM   #43
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
I win...again.

Last edited by Kuruharan; 04-05-2009 at 11:24 PM. Reason: I must be slipping in my old age...how in the world did I miss that addendum the first time?
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:59 PM   #44
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form
I therefore petition Milord the phantom to rename this "Day 0," "Day -1."
Ha ha!

Consider it done.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:05 AM   #45
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuru
Some day, when I can be bothered, I will come up with a brilliant and evil plan to destroy DAY ONE entirely.
Actually, I did think of a way to kinda sorta do just that, but I elected not to do it in this game. Perhaps I'll pass the idea along to a couple future mods and see if anyone is crazy enough to adopt the plan.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:09 AM   #46
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Actually, I did think of a way to kinda sorta do just that, but I elected not to do it in this game. Perhaps I'll pass the idea along to a couple future mods and see if anyone is crazy enough to adopt the plan.
Oh, this doesn't bode well....
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:23 PM   #47
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

It need not be any more conceptually complicated than the mod putting some clues in the opening monologue.

However, that would be really hard to get right.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:39 PM   #48
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Me too...
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:55 PM   #49
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Hello there Firefoot.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #50
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Hello yourself. phantom seems to have dragged me out of hibernation... I'm not sure I even want to know how many games have been played between this one and the last one I was in. (Are they still being counted?)
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:56 PM   #51
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

I was keeping track of games once upon a time but I stopped a long time ago.

I wonder who's ahead on wins and losses now.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:48 AM   #52
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
White Tree

Pretty much nobody updates the Grimoire thread anymore, cod rest its sole.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:22 PM   #53
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
Pretty much nobody updates the Grimoire thread anymore
I think Macalaure did upgrade it for a quite a bunch of games some time ago...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:36 PM   #54
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I got my hands on some info I needed, so I will be working on opening the thread. If I can I'll get it up late tonight, but since I'm busy with taxes it might take me a few hours tomorrow. Everyone will receive a PM when Day -1 opens up, but you will not get your roles until Night 1.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:52 PM   #55
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Izzy and Gwath will also be posting with you on the first day (Day -1). It looks likely that Lommy will not be able to play, and so Izzy is prepared to take her place. Lommy will exit somehow in the narrative. If it turns out that she plays, Izzy will leave the story (unless someone else drops out, in which case she'll replace them). Gwath is the next alternate that will take the place of anyone who drops out. If no one drops, then he will exit via narrative as well.

Game thread is open.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:15 AM   #56
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Roles have been sent out.

Remember, do not ask any public questions about the roles and the way they work, for it could be a clue to others that you do not have that role yourself (or that you do).

Also, everyone should be in invisible mode.

PM me if you have any questions. The narrative will come in bits and pieces throughout tomorrow. Day 1 begins in about 35 hours.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:00 AM   #57
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Due to scheduling conflicts, there have been some changes to the villager list (as you may have noticed in the narrative).

Here's the final list to begin Day 1 with.
  • Aganzir
  • Alonariel
  • Brinniel
  • Fea
  • Firefoot
  • Formendacil
  • Green
  • Gwath
  • Izzy
  • Kent
  • Kuruharan
  • Lari
  • Nienna
  • Nilp
  • Nogrod
  • Sally
  • Shasta

Day 1 starts in exactly 11 hours. If neither Mira nor I are able to get a Day beginning post up, just go right ahead and start posting when the time arrives, and I will fill in my saved post with the tally and such later on when I get the chance.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:09 AM   #58
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Whenever someone PMs a question to me, if I feel it is something that wouldn't hurt to be answered publicly, I will tack it onto the end of my very first post on this thread, listed under "PM questions". You will find that there are already a couple of additions.

Again, Day 1 begins in three hours and fifty minutes. If no Mod starts the day for you, just go ahead and post.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:23 AM   #59
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ugh, I can't believe I'm missing this game.

(I probably shouldn't be posting here, but what are you going to do about it, phantom dear? Autolynch me? )
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:41 PM   #60
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Indeed, I had to rush out of the house before I could send Mira the list for today to post on the thread. I found out last minute that my friends needed to run through their song once or twice before church, and I had to get there right away. This is a busy day for all of us I guess.

And if you don't behave, Lhuna, I'll tell your mum. And she might just side with me and ground you!
Old 04-12-2009, 01:46 PM   #61
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Oh, and before anyone asks, the reason Pippin's spirit is there is because in the real Middle-Earth, he is dead. He was slain during the campaign to retake Ithilien.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:26 PM   #62
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Just fyi, Fea and Nienna explained to me about their computer problems. I haven't heard from Alon, but it was passed along that she is having problems as well. I thought I'd make it clear that it wasn't some sort of ploy. In fact, in case I forgot to say it earlier, lying about RL problems is strictly forbidden in this game. RL should be mentioned as little as possible, since the game itself is supposed to be taking place in RL.

edit: wrong name

Last edited by the phantom; 04-13-2009 at 10:58 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:33 PM   #63
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
A note: I'm in two one-act plays, directing one, and am the lighting designer for another, so apologies for my seeming-lack of activity. If the game's still going on after the 23rd (which I'm unsure of, but I'll probably be dead by then anyway!) expect to see a lot more of me. Not that I'm not being active right now. But yeah.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:19 PM   #64
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
So Alonariel has no internet. And seems like she won't have it any time soon. Just thought I would let people know.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:22 PM   #65
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Just so everyone knows where they stand, the following people will be modfired if they fail to vote again.

Green
Gwath
Lari
Sally
Shasta

Don't let it happen. Please.

And you others- don't let this list grow.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:30 PM   #66
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Just so everyone knows where they stand, the following people will be modfired if they fail to vote again.

Green
Gwath
Lari
Sally
Shasta

Don't let it happen. Please.

And you others- don't let this list grow.

Yessir, Master Phantom.

In other news, I will be out all/most of the evening so I will be voting super-early. If I get back in time I'll use my Phantom-given retraction, but don't be alarmed if I'm voting as early as 10 hours before deadline. I just wanted to let you all know in case I am gone all evening and not able to return. Now back to your regularly scheduled Werewolf game in the Game Thread~!

ETA: Because I forgot to mention, I'll be gone because I'm babysitting. I should be back before deadline but I don't know when the parents of the spawn will be back.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:20 AM   #67
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
My alarmclock betrayd me... but it seems there was little good I could have done anyway.

But actually it was a good thing I died as I have a pile of essays to read. I wouldn't have afforded yet another day of playing.

Good luck village!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:03 PM   #68
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Updated list-

Green
Gwath
Lari
Nilp
Sally
Shasta

Don't forget to vote.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:59 AM   #69
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
I'm going to be running around today and getting on a plane to go back to school. Just thought I should warn you.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:10 AM   #70
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Ah, well, it was fun while it lasted. Sorry if I was a bit short with some of you, but I've been really ill the last couple days and have been cranky as all heck. Still, this was a great way to (kind of) wind down at the end of the day.

I'll keep my eye on the thread; you've all done fabulously so far, and I'm sure the rest of the game will be just as great. Enjoy!

~~Sally~~