User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2004, 07:03 AM   #161
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
rutslegolas, in your post would you please have Aidwain go out the next morning instead of that night? It's already dark, and the market and shops in Bree would certainly be closed at that time.

Alaksoron, please check and reply to your PM's.

Nuranar
Old 10-04-2004, 10:51 PM   #162
rutslegolas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

rutslegolas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to rutslegolas Send a message via Yahoo to rutslegolas
Sting

Sure thing. Soory forgot it was night !!
Old 10-06-2004, 03:14 PM   #163
Alaksoron
Haunting Spirit

Alaksoron has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Alaksoron
Narya

Nuranar, I am quite sure I do not want Osric to be seriously wounded. Forgive me if that is selfish. I am willing to have him wounded, however. Would a slash acros the left knuckles, severely impairing the use of that hand, and an arrow in the calf, thus causing him to limp, qualify as moderate? I would like for Osric to still be able to fight, even if he is not so dextrous. I can dramatize the difficulties he has using his hand if you like, as well.

Also, might I ask if there is a pre-ordained plan for getting Loudewater to join the party? If not, I would like to talk to you, Saurreg, about it.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:07 AM   #164
rutslegolas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Nuranar,if Alaksoron ( Osric ) does not wish to be injured ,Aidwain can be injured I have no problems .
Old 10-07-2004, 07:23 PM   #165
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Sorry I haven't posted at all this week, but I've had tons and tons of homework the whole time. I will make up for it this weekend though. Again, sorry I didn't post like you asked me.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:01 AM   #166
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaksoron
Also, might I ask if there is a pre-ordained plan for getting Loudewater to join the party? If not, I would like to talk to you, Saurreg, about it.
Prattle on Alaksoron. I'm at all ears.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:37 PM   #167
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White Tree

Saurreg and Alaksoron: Whatever you cook up between you, please keep me informed.

Meneltarmacil: I understand about the homework - believe me! I spent 4 hours in the computer lab today, and the assignment still isn't finished. If at all possible, though, please just post on the discussion. If things pile up for a couple days, let us know you can't post. That way the rest of us know to pick up the slack and keep going.
By the way, please tell Dragon Elf to check his PM's. I've just sent him one, but he hasn't seen the one I sent 5 days ago. Please tell him it's important to check those.

Alaksoron: In your last post, Osric has an Elven sword with a Sindarin name, which he translates for Aidwain (who already speaks it). It is so extraordinary for Osric to have this that it must be explained. The Rohirrim had virtually no contact with the Elves at any time, and they have their own separate language. Even the Common Tongue is only a second language for them. Please explain (1) how Osric got this sword and (2) why he knows Sindarin. (By the way, where did you find the translation for "Azar"?)

Also, Osric sounds a bit cocky about his ability as a swordsman. Especially, the way he speaks about Tarondo - an Elf - is almost insulting, and he's talking to another Elf. Elves are very very rarely seen by the Rohirrim, and Osric's casual attitude is very unusual to me. Frankly, he sounds quite disrespectful.
Are you intending Osric to be that sort of character? Because if so, I want to discuss how we're going to work that out in the rest of the story. Tarondo's a nice guy, but he's not going to stand for cockiness in this team.
If you're not meaning for Osric to be like that, would you please reword what he says? He can talk about being a blademaster without being boastful.

rutslegolas: Thanks for your willingness for Aidwain to be wounded. Is it all right if he's the one seriously wounded?

Oh, Alaksoron again: That's fine if you don't want Osric to be wounded - much. It's not a selfishness thing; it's just a preference. No problem.

That got me thinking, though. Everyone, if you need to, go back and re-read the plan for this RPG. We've got a long, tough road ahead of us to Rivendell. There are very few of us, only 9 when we pick up Andas Loudewater, and we're going up against 4 trolls and a whole troop of Orcs. The odds are pretty bad! The skirmish at Weathertop is only the very first step. We'll be fighting our way through for the next 150 miles.

So I'd like everyone to consider at least 1 injury of some kind, and quite possibly more. As Alaksoron talked about, there's a lot of variety in seriousness. What he suggested (slash across the knuckles and arrow in the calf) is from light to moderate. For our purposes, the seriousness of an injury is how incapacitating it is. Keep in mind that even small cuts may become infected and become serious. Be thinking about what your character can sustain.

I was going to fill my save tonight, but I'm too tired to be creative. Now that the business is out of the way, I'm going to recharge. I'll post in the morning. Sorry for the delay, but don't let me stop you!

Carry on!

Nuranar
Old 10-09-2004, 02:26 AM   #168
rutslegolas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Well ,I would;nt like to be seriously wounded but if nobody is ready I can be the one.
Old 10-09-2004, 05:44 PM   #169
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I have finally edited in my post. So sorry for the delays! I unexpectedly went home this morning, so I wrote my post in a notebook while riding in the car. Then we've been doing all sorts of crazy things with our 5 (!!) home computers. What with home networking and DSL connections, it's a miracle I'm on at all!

Anyway, we now have marching orders. Carry on!

Nuranar
Old 10-12-2004, 06:17 AM   #170
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Not much activity here...

This weekend, come hell or high waters, I'll be making two posts. The first will regarding my character's departure from Bree and the second will bring him pass the wrecked remains of the terrorised homestead and the road further east.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:22 AM   #171
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Saurreg, that will be all right. In order to keep things in the right order, would you please put up two Saves? We have now left Bree, so I'd advise one Save right now before game time is moved ahead a day or two.

rutslegolas, Esgallhugwen, and Meneltarmacil, thank you for your posts. Good work! Meneltarmacil, have you talked to Dragon Elf like I asked in my post below?

We are now already on the road outside of Bree. Fen, Tarondo, and Silrûth will shortly turn off the road to investigate the Whittleworths. Then Envinyatar, Osric and Aidwain will leave the road. Luinien, Thoronmir, and Menecar have the longest journey - they travel past Weathertop, so it'll take some time to get to their spot.

Envinyatar, would you like to post for Fen? Chronologically, we need to do the Whittleworth bit first. I just may be able to do that tonight. By the way, Fen is on foot in rutslegolas's post and on a grey pony in Esgallhugwen's. What's your preference?

Alaksoron, please respond to what I asked below (post dated 10-09-04).

Nuranar

Last edited by Nuranar; 10-12-2004 at 08:24 AM. Reason: ubb syntax
Old 10-12-2004, 02:09 PM   #172
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Envinyatar has just left Hobbiton.
I've put up a save for Fen - do you want me to get us to the Whittleworth farm.

I'll take care of the walk/ride problem in my post.

-----------------------------------

I'll put up a general SAVE in case anyone wants to use it

-----------------------------------

I also have a SAVE up for Veryadan in which I will get our group to what we are supposed to be inspecting.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:27 PM   #173
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

The end date for this game is scheduled for 10/21 - I'm willing to extend it for 2 weeks to November 4th.

Draagon Elf - Your character, which should be in play in this part of the game, has not been on board in the game since 9/18 - almost a month. You have passed the 2 week w/o posting limit.

Nuranar can now decide to either have your character taken over or he can be killed.

~*~ Piosenniel, Game Moderator
Old 10-12-2004, 03:11 PM   #174
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Envinyatar, if you get us to Whittleworth I'll take over from there.

Pio, thank you for the extra time. Right now, I'm planning on carrying Menecar along (as Luinien in this phase I can do that) and then probably killing him on the way to Rivendell. Realistically, we ought to lose someone anyway.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:11 PM   #175
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

If you'd like to hear my preference, I put put Fen on a grey pony because I thought it to be more sensible, considering the rest of the company are on horses, you wouldn't want Fen to be jogging behind, suffering from an impending heart attack or such.

Just my thoughts take it or leave it.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:10 PM   #176
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

About Menecar...

I'll try to get Dragon Elf to do some more posts, as he seems rather interested in this RPG and would not want Menecar to die... however, he gets really busy during the week and often forgets stuff, so I'm not sure I can do much...

Last edited by Meneltarmacil; 10-13-2004 at 02:39 PM.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:18 PM   #177
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I understand, Meneltarmacil. But he knew the requirements going into this, and even with the special allowances made for him, he has not been on board. He still hasn't checked his PMs for well over a week, and hasn't posted for nearly a month. I can't tell you how very sorry I am, but we're waaaay behind schedule as it is. I can't hold it up for him any more. I'm sorry.

Nuranar
Old 10-13-2004, 06:07 AM   #178
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Envinyatar, I'll take that save from your hands if you don't mind.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:24 PM   #179
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Saurreg

If you want something put in the SAVE, just leave it on the discussion thread and call my attention to it. Either Pio or I can place it for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nuranar & Esgallhugwen

It's morning - Fen and the 2 Elves are on a little rise above the Whittleworth Farm. The crows and ravens are protesting our presence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rutslegolas & Alaksoron

rutslegolas, I had your character find a camp for us a little way away from the Marshes.

Can either you or Alaksoron get us going the next morning on the hunt for clues about what/who did in the shepherd, his dog, and stole the flock?

Mangled skeleton remains would be a good touch - footprints - whatever you can dream up. Please do leave room for all of us to find some clues and talk about them.

Last edited by Envinyatar; 10-14-2004 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:04 AM   #180
rutslegolas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Thanks Envinyatar ,I have found a place to make camp ,and also found some footprints for you ( Veryadan ) to deduce some conclusions.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:32 AM   #181
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Here's my post that will set up my character's departure. please fill it in your save Envinyatar, thank you.

==========================

Andas Loudewater was humming an old melody to himself as he approached the farmstead riding upon his latest acquisition – a brown little pack mule. He had sauntered upon the live animal market at the town square on the way home and suddenly decided to take a look. It wasn’t long till he set his eyes on the said crossbred and fell for it’s dark black liquid eyes that seemed to convey ”Buy me Andas, buy me! I’m worth your entire month’s earning and more!” This was what the farmer did, much to the delighted surprise of the mule owner who knew that the value of the animal was far less than the amount of guineas he was receiving. But Loudewater did not mind, not one bit. He wanted an animal from the market square (which incidentally could have been a pair of sleepy salamanders further down the stalls) that day and he was pretty sure that he would not be leaving town without a buy. Besides what was money to him anyway?

Andas Loudewater was a new man. He was a happy man who wanted to go on a trip. He was also a new man who named his animals.

Meet “Killer”, Loudewater’s steed extraordinaire.

The mid-morning was blazing as the farmer arrived at his destination. He got off the mule, gave it an affectionate pat between the long furry ears before marching briskly into the cottage. He stepped onto the porch, swung the door open with aplomb and promptly hollered,

“HONEY I’M HOME!”

His enthusiastic introduction was greeted initially by the silence of the main room, but the inevitable was ensured. And it came from the solar,

“ANDAS LOUDEWATER! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! WHY WEREN’T YOU HOME LAST NIGHT?!”

The joy. It tickles your heart and keeps your body warm, like the gentle embrace of a loved one. The joy, it is a key that unlocks the door and let the bright rays of the sun in. Nourishing all with indescribable delight and hope.

“I WAS OUT DRINKING! I SLEPT IN TOWN!” Replied the farmer as he headed up the stairs towards the bedroom in brisk light steps.

He entered the bedroom, pulled his muddied boots and stripped off his soiled garments, tossing them carelessly onto the floorboards. He then reached for a large wicker case, flipped open the top and pulled out a white linen shirt, another brown tunic and a pair of trousers and put them on.

The now-familiar disembodied voice boomed,

“AND WHO SAID YOU COULD SPEND THE NIGHT OUTSIDE?! THERE WERE CHORES TO BE DONE THIS MORNING ANDAS! YOU HAVE RESPONSIBILITIES!”

The joy, it was louder than rolling thunder yet softer than a lover’s whisper. It was the uncontrollable laughter of innocent children at play but also the measured tones of a sagely storyteller.

Loudewater ignored the outburst and continued to put on his clothes. He took a sniff at the new tunic and decided that it needed further smoking.

There was the sound of a furry of steps and Helga appeared before the doorway of the bedroom, eyes blazing with unbraided anger. But that soon gave way to shock as she espied the guilty pair of boots and the crumbled heap of clothes.

“My… My floor,” She stammered without taking her beady little eyes off the obnoxious footwear, “Andas, what… what have you done to my nice clean floor?”

“Oh those! I was changing and I had to take them off. You can’t expect me to take off my trousers with those oversized things on could jah?” Loudewater replied nonchalantly as he struggled to buckle his leather belt.

He then picked up the offensive pair of scalawags, put them on again and headed out the door, sidestepping his wife who was still in a mystified state of disbelieving. Heading down the flight of stairs, he entered the kitchen and proceeded to raid the cupboard.

“Andas! How dare you! You… you…”

Helga was threatening her husband as she entered the kitchen but stopped mid sentence when she saw what he was doing. Loudewater was whistling to himself as he wrapped a large piece of dried spiced beef in fine muslin, he had already consigned a loaf of rye bread and generous wedge of aged cheddar to a similar fate. Beside them stood a large wooden flask filled with cheap ale.

“I love the smell of spiced beef in the morning,” he drawled teasingly to his wife, eyes sparkling with mischief, “it smells… it smells like success!”

The deed done, he then reached for a large sheepskin fanny pack and stuffed the mummified foodstuff into it. A couple of wind-dried (but still good) apples plucked from the tree in the backcourt were tossed in for a good measure. Loudewater then buckled the large bulging pouch onto his belt and grabbed the flask by its shoulder strap.

“Well, all packed and done. Time to go!” He proclaimed as he headed back towards the main hall, not even giving Helga the briefest of glances.

“Go? Go where?”

“Why, a trip of course! I’m heading east on the main road.”

“But why Andas? You can’t just go! You’ve got chores. The sheepfold needs fixing and the roof leaked last night, you have to thatch it!”

“That can wait dear. It won’t rain anytime now and you’ll just have to keep an eye out for ‘em sheep from time to time. But for now, TRIP!”

Andas affixed the sheath of his trusty old dagger onto the straining leather belt and grabbed the cope by the hood before opening the front door.

“But what about last month’s earnings from those wool shavings and the cabbages? Are you still holding on to the money purse? And what about me?” Inquired Helga, nonplussed and voice quivering. The fire had died in her eyes and was replaced by the dullness of doubt and fear.

“Not to worry dear,” Replied Loudewater confidently as he beckoned Helga to join him at the door which, she did so hesitantly, “I have invested it in this fine animal that will earn us great dividends in the near future! Helga, meet Killer!”

Loudewater pointed at the little brown mule which had somehow found its way into the garden vegetable garden and was helping himself to young immature greens. Killer took in Mrs. Loudewater with his dark liquid globes and whined appreciatively (at least that was what Loudewater thought). Helga just stood solidified, lower jaw hanging by their hinges.

“Well, gotta to go now, ‘tis a good day for riding.”

Loudewater stepped off the porch, went to Killer and led him out of the patch by the reins. As he led the mule onto the dirt road, the farmer cocked his head and deliberated.

He turned around and gazed at Helga with eyes that momentarily shone with compassion, love and surprise instead of the maniacal glint the dominated the entire morning. His voice wavier wavered and choked with emotion as he said,

“By God woman, you look… beautiful. By God…”

Loudewater stared at Helga for a while before turning towards Killer, mounting him and delivering the twin taps to its sides with the back of his heels that sent the animal trotting down the road, head bobbing up and down.

Loudewater’s thoughts were still on Helga. Mouthing over and over again,

“By God... by God…”
Old 10-16-2004, 12:18 PM   #182
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

Saurreg

Post placed on game.

~*~ Pio
Old 10-16-2004, 12:48 PM   #183
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Thanks, Pio!

rutslegolas and Alaksoron

I've got us bedded down for the night. The three of us have had a brief look at some of the footprints.

Can one of you get us up and going the next morning? We should go a little further forth along the marshes and find evidence of the killed shepherd and his dog.

Let's get some speculation going on how an entire flock of sheep could be carried off. Say we not a number of sheep hoofprints around the drying mud, then they just seem to disappear into thin air . . .

Be creative - we don't know for certain that there are trolls about . . .
Old 10-16-2004, 05:02 PM   #184
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen, I've completed most of the investigations at Whittleworth. Please do whatever else investigating you want, and then get us back to the road sometime the next day. I've left some pretty strong indications that something very big and powerful is doing the destruction. I haven't yet said "troll," but you can, at your discretion.
Here's some indications for your post, if you want to use them: Tarondo's searching around for footprints. If you want, him can discover indications leading off in a general NE direction. They'll be a couple of days old; he can tell from how dead and wilted the crushed vegetation is. We can follow the tracks for a bit, but it's late afternoon already. Plus as the tracks lead further from the road (and incidentally toward the Marshes) we need to get back to the road. Remember, we're a long way from Weathertop where we need to rendezvous. We can't spend too long following the trail. Although that's a shame, because then we could find the culprits! You can work that in, if you like. I'd like us to be on the road by Monday morning (real time) so if that's a problem, let me know.

Envinyatar, if you want Fen to disappear or something in that interval, just specify, or beat Esgallhugwen to it.

Good work, rutslegolas and Saurreg! Your cooperation with Envinyatar is excellent, rutslegolas. And Saurreg, I liked your post - Andas has come a long way, hasn't he?

Envinyatar, rutslegolas, and Alaksoron, I'd like your group to be on the road by Monday morning as well, if possible.

Alaksoron, thank you for posting. You got a chuckle out of me. However, Envinyatar asked that one of you move the group along to the next morning. You did not do that. ALSO you have STILL not replied to my questions from last Saturday. Alaksoron, you are a good writer. But in order to be a good RPGer, you need to cooperate. And right now you are not cooperating. I'm sorry to have to speak so, but honestly, I'm getting very frustrated. I'm asking you to reply to all questions and to cooperate with moving the story along.

Meneltarmacil, Thoronmir, Menecar, and Luinien have a long way to travel before they reach their investigation site. Chronologically we shouldn't reach it until the other two groups have moved on, which should be by Monday. A short post made "along the way" would not be a bad idea, if you have a chance.

I would like Veryadan's group to arrive at Weathertop and be ambushed on Tuesday the 19th. Everyone's investigations need to be done by then, so please write those final posts!

Carry on,
Nuranar
Old 10-16-2004, 09:57 PM   #185
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg to Alaksoron, Saurreg to Alaksoron. Come in Alaksoron.

You still haven't told me how you'll like my character to meet up with the investigators. If you've grown cool to the idea, I'll be up to my own devices which, simply means I'll have the farmer ride on non-stop, impervious to his surroundingsl and finally getting himself stupidly ambushed by the villains near Weathertop.

Edit: Woohoo I'm a Wight! Go me! Erm... what's a Wight? Naval architect?
Old 10-16-2004, 11:31 PM   #186
rutslegolas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I have got to do some pending homework on Sunday,but I will be writing my post on Monday for sure.

Till then Alaksoron or Envinyatar could you get us going ??
Old 10-17-2004, 02:22 PM   #187
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
'Ello, 'ello.

Bazzog/Grathgrob/Bubkur/Kransha/Ugwakh reporting for duty.

Would it be possible for a list to be compiled of all the goodies who plan to be wounded by, fight with, or do damage to my own characters. I will be fine with anything that is done, but I would like to know who is doing it and what it will be. As far as I know, my orc character, Kransha, will be wounding Meneltarmacil's character at a battle at the Stone Trolls' location, and then face off again Saurreg's. But, I know next to nothing about what is supposed to occur at Weathertop in several days. Anything I should know...that I don't know already?

Thanks, in advance.

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Old 10-17-2004, 02:32 PM   #188
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

rutslegolas

Please see my post #80 on the game.

We spent the day looking about the area of the marshes and are now heading back toward our camp, discussing as we go, what we've found.

Veryadan has asked Aidwain if he could make any sense out of the footprints they saw. We've agreed there are Trolls and Orcs - but can Aidwain make a guess at the number of Trolls involved in killing the shepherd and his dog?

Perhaps his particularly sharp Elven eyes were able to distinguish four different sets of those large footprints.

There are too many footprints of the Orcs about and they are too smudged to make a guess on them. But they add their weight to the idea that behind the Troll attacks there are the cunning brains of Orcs.

Nuranar

Can you please handle the question of who will be injured at the initial encounter on Weathertop?

Thanks!

Day after tomorrow - real time - I will get our group to the top of Weathertop. OUr investigations will be done. We will arrive there first, planning to meet the other two groups when they arrive and share our information.
Old 10-17-2004, 06:23 PM   #189
Primrose Bolger
Wight

Primrose Bolger has just left Hobbiton.
oooh . . . 3 saves from the spawn of shadow contingent!

We are a restless lot!
. . . for they love peace and quiet and good tilled earth . . . are quick of hearing and sharpeyed, and though they are inclined to be fat and do not hurry unneccesarily, they are nonetheless nimble and deft in their movements . . . FOTR - Prologue
Old 10-17-2004, 11:47 PM   #190
rutslegolas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Ok Envinyatar I have my post up

But where is Osric you seem to say he goes alone to investigate??
Old 10-18-2004, 07:45 AM   #191
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

At Weathertop[

Veryadan will be seriously wounded. Several others will be at least slightly injured in some way. The baddies can indicate this is their posts and we will respond; we can also have our own characters be injured without the baddies writing about it.

Please keep in mind the kind of fighting we'll be doing: Much less fencing than a knock-down drag-out brawl. Plus whoever goes up against a Troll is more likely to get things broken than to be stabbed. You'll want to stay away from the orcs' blades/knives/axes/whatever, if possible. Most of your characters should be experienced enough to protect themselves. Things WILL happen, though.

Esgallhugwen,

I have put up a SAVE for your post. Please put it up on the discussion, and then either I or Pio (whoever gets to it first) can fit it into the save. Thanks!

Nuranar
Old 10-18-2004, 10:50 AM   #192
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

I have filled my old save and created a new one. If anyone spots anything amiss in my post, let me know and I'll change it.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:27 AM   #193
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

rutslegolas

I don't know where Osric is, to be quite truthful.

I'm going to leave a SAVE for Osric - Alaksoron, you can place a post on the discussion thread concerning whatever your character might have found. Either I or Pio will place it for you.

I'm going to do a post in a few moments that takes our little group to the southern foot of Weathertop. We will camp just across the road in a little sheltered clearing - avoiding the winds that sweep over the hill top.

Go ahead and do a post yourself if you get a chance. You can have us discuss what the others might have found or take us on a small rabbit hunt for food for the evening meal (I've left a lead-in for that, if you want to pick up on it) - whatever you think best.

Tomorrow, I'll put our group on top of Weathertop, waiting for the others to arrive . . .

Last edited by Envinyatar; 10-18-2004 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:31 PM   #194
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
I have filled in my save. Primrose, I have left it to you to get the trolls into the 'next stage' as I won't be able to keep up with the game for the next few days.

I am looking forward to putting some serious hurt on the Elves, though. . .chuckle.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:40 PM   #195
Primrose Bolger
Wight

Primrose Bolger has just left Hobbiton.
Fordim

I'll make sure the Trolls get a few satisfactory licks in!

My SAVE is filled in - the Trolls have decided to share with the Orcs what they think will be news that Elves are about according to Arald's nose.

What they're wanting to make sure of is that they're invited to the brawl if there's to be one.
. . . for they love peace and quiet and good tilled earth . . . are quick of hearing and sharpeyed, and though they are inclined to be fat and do not hurry unneccesarily, they are nonetheless nimble and deft in their movements . . . FOTR - Prologue
Old 10-18-2004, 05:15 PM   #196
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
My post is up, and the baddies are off.

Any of you goodies have any "preferences," or would you prefer to leave the matter of greivous injury-making to us fearsome villains?

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Old 10-18-2004, 05:49 PM   #197
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Kransha, I'm willing for it to be first-come first-serve, meaning your people take a few whacks at us, then we respond and add anything more we want. This'll alternate, of course, depending on when and in what order people post. I'm allowing a full two days for the battle, so don't cut it off short.

Just to make sure everyone's clear on the KEM's order of appearance: (That's King Elessar's Messengers, btw.)

1. Veryadan, Aidwain, and Osric are going to be ambushed by the baddies. Veryadan's going to be seriously wounded at some point in the battle. (I don't know how he's going to handle that.)

2. Luinien, Thoronmir, and Menecar will show up part-way through, perhaps Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning, depending on how many people have gotten their posts in. They will semi-rescue the first three, keeping them from being squashed right away. But the baddies aren't about to cut and run, although perhaps it'll take them some time to gear up from "playing around" to "seriously trying to do damage." Luinien will probably take a hit - er, a wound - at some point during this phase. (Sorry for the Civil War reenacting lingo! )

3. Tarondo and Silrûth will arrive last, on Thursday, or sooner if the battle's to that point. I have visions of our friendly neighborhood Amazon Elf charging into the fray; perhaps the appearance of one such Elf, plus another, will make our baddies decide to lay off for the time being.

If I've confused anyone, just say specfically what you're wondering about. I'd love to explain!

Carry on,
Nuranar
Old 10-18-2004, 07:58 PM   #198
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White Tree My post for save

Silrûth

As the group seperated into three the two Elves and Fen rode abreast, but as they drew further from the others Tarondo took the lead whilst Silrûth took the rear, keeping a lookout for trouble. The day passed soon enough and they made camp for the night, Fen had persuaded them to stay away from Whittleworth at dark, and the Elves were wise enough not to attempt the risk.

In the morning light they packed, eating a cold breakfast while on horseback. By well after noon they had reached their destination.

The stench was overwhelming for one not accustomed to such things, both Tarondo and Silrûth having seen much carnage in war had a better hold of their stomachs then Fen. The black carrion birds were swooping and pecking with ravenous speed, the ground seemed to move with a glistening black current of ebony feathers where the hapless bodies lay.

The two Elves collected themselves and began searching the area while Fen stayed behind watching the horses. Tarondo searched the ground, careful of his step.

Silrûth caught eye of the collapsed house and quickly paced the premises, her keen eyes catching every detail. "Look at how this whole corner is destroyed." she called to Tarondo, "It seems as if it was smashed at one blow. And over here," she turned and pointed next to her making sure not to step on the wood fall.

"There are two men under there. Two men, crushed to death. The house itself has been ransacked but very little taken, from what I can tell. I cannot find any money, although there is a hidden nook in the floor that is empty."

She looked at her companion who seemed to be transfixed in thought, with a gently nudge she eyed him knowingly asking "Have you found anything?"

He shook his head and frowned.

These bodies cannot be left to be shredded by the birds she thought sadly, Tarondo seemed to be thinking the same thing for Fen was soon fetched and was set to work digging graves for the deceased. The Elves pitched in, Silrûth striking the earth with the pick while Tarondo dug away steadily at the loosened soil.

The gruesome work was done with the sun still above the eastern hills. Tarondo set off around the perimeter of the farmyard, where the ground was softer and vegetation grew. Silrûth stayed awhile mouthing a silent Elvish prayer over the fresh graves.

Fen had wandered off back towards the horses.

The golden haired Elf drew near to her companion, he was kneeling down and glaring curiously at some wilted vegetation. It was impacted into the dirt with frayed edges clinging to the sides of the oversized print.

With a displeased sound she knelt down beside him inspecting the track, it looked far too familiar for her liking. She stood looking in the direction of the giant gait, North East, "towards the marshes", Tarondo nodded a sneer on his lips.

She could have sworn there was the faint reek of Troll in the air, she scrunched her nose up in disgust, and began to follow the tracks. After a few moments, Tarondo took her kindly by the arm, "we have no time to linger, the sun is setting soon and we must be back on our way to the others"

Silrûth nodded solemnly. "Yes we must tell the others what we have found"

They were once again among the decimated ruins of Whittleworth, they walked to their horses noticing the absence of Fen. "Seems Master Sheperdspurse has left us", Tarondo's horse snorted in distaste, Falma nodded her head in agreement.

Turning the direction they had come with the sun fading, the horses started at a trot.

"To Weathertop it is then" Silrûth looked over at her partner, "to Weathertop it is" Tarondo replied.

And there it is, if there are any discrepancies please tell me and I'll be sure to fix them.

Eternally,

Esgallhugwen

P.S. "Friendly Neighborhood Amazon Elf" eh! All right time to kick major warty Troll butt.

Last edited by Esgallhugwen; 10-18-2004 at 08:01 PM.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:07 PM   #199
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Great job! Your post is up, Madame Amazon Elf.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:26 PM   #200
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White Tree

Thank ye kindly *bows low* Madame Amazon Elf at your service, I slice, I dice, I amputate, I decapitate, you get the idea (of course that may be more fitting to another Elf Character, Meneltarmacil knows whom I'm speaking of). But thats totally besides the point, carry on