The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-13-2003, 04:41 AM   #1
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dûm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe How will PJ fit it all into ROTK?

I was thinking today about how all of the events of tROTK, plus the end of TTT will fit into the last movie.<P>As well as the Shelob battle they have to put in the hobbits and Aragorn and co. meeting at Isengard from TTT,the palantir as well as a phenonomal battle from ROTK. I have been worrying about how the Faramir/Eowyn romance will be portrayed.<P>How do you think it will be done in the space of 3 and a half hours? Do you think anything will be missed out? And how will they top off the amazing battle of Helms Deep, seeing as the Battle of the Pelannor (sp) fields will be even bigger?<P>I eagerly await your opinions! (and I'm sorry if this has already been asked!)<P>
Old 04-13-2003, 04:45 AM   #2
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

From what we've seen so far in Fotr and TTT i have no doubt they'll manage it and it will still be absolutely fantastic. I doubt they'll focus too much on Faramir and Eowyn, although there are some scenes in the Houses of Healing. I don't think Shelob will need too much time... so they should be okay, if they give about an hour, maybe a bit more to Pelennor and the surrounding events. I think it will work quite nicely, actually.
Old 04-13-2003, 07:13 AM   #3
Mornie Alantie
Wight

Location: Somewhere above earth cause people say i should come down to it
Mornie Alantie has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

If you look in the book, ROTK is actually the shortest, it has the Apendices that make it look big. Plus there will be no scouring of the Shire.Even if the battle took up 45 mins. Frodo and Sam would at most take up an hour, and that leaves another hours for every thing else. Now, the actual battle of Pelannor feilds will probably stretch for an hour, but it will have other things woven into it like Frodo and Sam, The paths of the dead, All these thing must be portrayed at the same time as we saw in TTT. I doubt we will see a Whole hour of solid battle, but many different things put together.
Old 04-13-2003, 09:05 AM   #4
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

If you count the number of pages from the books he has left to cover (minus The Scouring of the Shire and Apendices) you will find that it is less than the number of pages he had to cover in FotR (minus The Old Forest, In the House of Tom Bombadil and Fog on the Barrow-downs). <P>Add to this that PJ has only one more major character to introduce, Denethor, and his relationship within the story is easy. The locations he has to introduce are pretty minor when compared to the fact that he had to introduce the entire country of Rohan in Two Towers. Story wise it is more simple as well as it builds to a natural climax and the characters are converging as opposed to diverging as they were in TTT.<P>I wouldn't worry. Frankly, I think RotK will be the easiest to put together.<P>H.C.
Old 04-13-2003, 06:13 PM   #5
merenwen
Animated Skeleton

merenwen has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

i was wonderin about that too but now that i read what everyone else said, i'm not worried
Old 04-14-2003, 06:58 PM   #6
Voralphion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Voralphion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ther probabaly won't be that much of Frodo and sam because with the exception of Shelob and Frodo's capture be the orcs, they are just walking through a desert. This part probably won't get much screen time leaving plenty of time for the rest of the story.
Were mirrored in his silver shield
Voralphion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 07:06 PM   #7
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Also, PJ isn't worring about length! It will be as long as it has to be, according to one of those spoilers in one of those spoiler threads. Don't worry, if anyone can do it, PJ can.