The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2005, 12:26 AM   #841
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
tosn

MY apologies, there is a mistake in my previous ('ot' in the third word from the end, not in the fourth). I believe there are no mistakes in there anymore

Here we have tosn:

Quote:
--t -- t-- ----t st--- -on--n- -o--, o- ----t-st ---- -----n -nto--, t--t ---- - --n- -n- ---n- to t---, t-o--- - s-o--- ---- -ot- --n- -n- s--!

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 03:55 AM   #842
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Let's have some 'E's please.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 04:07 AM   #843
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

tosne

Esty, did you notice that for several posts in a row now we keep perfect distance of 300 posts in between our post score?

That aside, there are some e's in there, sure:

Quote:
-et -- t-- -e--t st--- -on--n- -o--, o- ----test ---- -e---n -nto--, t--t ---- - --n- -n- ---n- to t-ee, t-o--- - s-o--- ---- -ot- --n- -n- se-!

Old 07-20-2005, 06:23 AM   #844
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
No, I haven't been paying attention to my post count, HI, but I did find the quote! It's Aotrou, speaking to his wife Itroun (in the Lay named after them):
Quote:
Yet if thy heart still longing hold,
or lightest wish remain untold,
that will I find and bring to thee,
though I should ride both land and sea!
Aww, White Knight Istarion is longing to do great deeds for his Missus!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 07-20-2005, 06:32 AM   #845
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

Posts re: in this in and out row of posting it caught my eye. With current post, I'll get it back to 300 - 3948-3648

White Knight re: not purely white, rather whitish or even greyish . But I try harder!

And the quote itself re: Of course, my lady, you are entitled to proceed

Last edited by HerenIstarion; 07-20-2005 at 06:42 AM.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:41 AM   #846
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

WARNING: Just this once, I am using a line that is not a quote; it is not spoken directly by anyone, but is a part of the narrative. However, it seemed such an appropriate tribute to Heren and Mrs. Istarion that I decided to use it anyway.

Quote:
--- --- -------- --- - ----- -------, ------- --- ---- ----------, --- --- ------- --------; --- ----- ---- ------------ --- ----_----- --- ------- --- ----- --- -- ------_-----.
(There are two hyphenated words; I have rendered the - as _.)
Old 07-20-2005, 06:50 AM   #847
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

I like this 'keep it three hundred' curve :D

Let it be e's for the first try

Old 07-20-2005, 08:49 AM   #848
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Tuor of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
"l"s, please.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:58 AM   #849
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

+ L + E

-l- --- -------l --- - -e--- -e-----, -----e- -ll ---- ----e-----, --- --- -e---e- --e-----; --- ----e ---- ----e--e---- --- -l--_l-l-e- --- ---l--- --- ---e- -ll -- --l-e-_--ee-.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:22 PM   #850
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
hm... -l--_lilies... and something about a wedding...

Old Tom Bombadil had a merry wedding,
crowned all with buttercups, hat and feather shedding;
his bride with forgetmenots and flag-lilies for garland
was robed all in silver-green.

A lovely picture indeed!
Old 07-20-2005, 02:25 PM   #851
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Applause, Guinevere!! You got it with only two letters!! You must be the absolute palantir champion of the Downs!
Old 07-21-2005, 07:14 AM   #852
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Well, I have to thank Tuor of Gondolin for the L's, and Esty for the hints!

"---/ -----------/ ------/ ---/ --------/ ---/ ----/ ------/ --/ ----/, ----/ -------/. ----/, --/ --/ -----/!"
Old 07-21-2005, 07:26 AM   #853
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Let's start off with S, please.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:31 AM   #854
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"---/ -----------/ ------/ --s/ --------/ ---/ ----/ ------/ --/ ----/, ----/ ---s---/. ----/, --/ --/ s----/!"
Old 07-21-2005, 07:54 AM   #855
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

S T

After S comes T, of course...
Old 07-21-2005, 07:58 AM   #856
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

S, T

"T--/ -----tt----/ ------/ --s/ -----t--/ ---/ ----/ --t---/ --/ ----/, ----/ ---s---/. ----/, --/ t-/ s----/!"
Old 07-23-2005, 02:51 PM   #857
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

R, please
Old 07-23-2005, 03:10 PM   #858
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Good choice!
"T--/ r--r-tt----/ ------/ --s/ ----rt--/ ---/ ----/ r-t---/ --/ --r-/, ---r/ --rs---/. -r--/, --/ t-/ s----/!"
Old 07-23-2005, 03:12 PM   #859
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Time for a vowel - let's have the "E"s, please.
Old 07-23-2005, 03:39 PM   #860
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"T-e/ re-rett---e/ ------/ --s/ -e--rte-/ ---/ ----/ ret---/ --/ --re/, ---r/ --rs---/. -r--/, --/ t-/ s-ee-/!"
Old 07-24-2005, 11:22 AM   #861
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Quote:
The regrettable wizard has departed and will return no more, Your Worship. Pray, go to sleep!
It's the message the mer-people sent to the Sea-serpent regarding Artaxerxes, also know as PAM, in Roverandom.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:55 AM   #862
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thumbs up

That's it, Esty!
Old 07-25-2005, 12:23 PM   #863
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Just a reminder...
Quote:
---'- --------- ------_----- -------- -- --- --- ----- -- ----- -- ----_--- ---- --- ---- -- ------ -----.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:38 PM   #864
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

I'll imitate you and ask for the T's
Old 07-26-2005, 02:41 PM   #865
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

T-time

---'- -----tt-- ------_----t -------- -- t-- --- ----- -- t---- -- ----_t-- --t- t-- ---- -- -t---- -----.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:49 PM   #866
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

...und dazu was zu Ss-en, bitte
Old 07-27-2005, 12:23 AM   #867
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

---'- -----tt-- ------_----t -------- -- t-- --- ----- -- t---- -- ----_t-- --t- t-- ---- -- st---s -----.

Guten Appetit!
Old 07-27-2005, 08:28 AM   #868
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Tuor of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
"o"s, please.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:25 AM   #869
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

+ O

-o-'- -o--ott-- ----o-_----t -------- -- t-- o-- -o--- -- t---- o- ----_to- --t- t-- ---- -- sto--s -o---.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:13 PM   #870
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

You'd forgotten Barrow-wight dwelling in the old mound
up there on hill-top with the ring of stones round.

The Barrow-wight to Tom Bombadil .

(it took me forever to figure out what letter could possibly come after the ' )

BtW, thank you for the O's, Tuor! It must be frustrating for you, the results getting snatched away from you every time. I feel rather guilty , but just can't resist...
Old 07-27-2005, 03:21 PM   #871
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Right yet again, Guinevere!! It's positively uncanny...
Old 07-30-2005, 02:49 PM   #872
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thanks, Esty! and sorry for the delay... RL kept me away from the BD.

"---/ -----/ ---'-/ ----./" (......) "----'-/ ---/ ---/ ----/ ----/ -----/. ----/, -----/ --/ --/. -/ ----/ ------/ --/ --/ ---/ ----/ ----/ --/ ------/ ---/ -----/."
Old 07-31-2005, 05:36 AM   #873
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Nasssty RL, to keep precious away from the Downses!

Let's start off with a T again, please.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:00 PM   #874
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"T--/ -----/ ---'t/ ----./" (......) "T--t'-/ t--/ ---/ --t-/ ----/ ---t-/. ----/, t----/ -t/ --/. -/ ----/ ------/ -t/ --/ ---/ ----/ ----/ t-/ ------/ ---/ t----/."
Old 08-02-2005, 06:45 AM   #875
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Now the inevitable Ss, please. (I'm so predictable! )
Old 08-02-2005, 07:40 AM   #876
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

No need, no need in S's :D

“The child won't know," (said the smith). "That's the way with such gifts. Well, there it is. I have handed it on and come back to hammer and tongs.

Old 08-02-2005, 02:07 PM   #877
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

HI strikes again!
Old 08-03-2005, 12:49 AM   #878
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

Does he, now?

Mix of luck and guesswork, merely this and nothing more

Next one:

Quote:
"---, ----, -- ------ -- ------ ------- --- ---- -- ----- -- ----- ---- -----, --- ----, -- ----- ---- ---- ---- -- --- ------ ----- -- ----, --- ----, "-- ------, "--- ----- -------!"

Old 08-03-2005, 12:58 AM   #879
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Repeating myself, but it seems the most helpful choice - T, please.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:01 AM   #880
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

t

12 little t's for your pleasure, my lady:

Quote:
"---, ----, -- t----t -- ------ -t----- --- ---- -- ----t -- ---t- t--- -----, --- ----, -- --t-- ---- ---t ---- -- --- -----t ----t -- ----, --- t---, "-- ------, "--- ----t -------!"