The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2011, 01:48 PM   #1
sassyfriend
Wight

sassyfriend has just left Hobbiton.
Boromir's death scene question

Not sure if any of you noticed this, but when Boromir is dying he keeps raising his head. Why is that? And was Boromir shot in the heart with the first arrow? By the way why does Legolas look like he has a brusie on his forehead? Its not only in this scene but also when they come out of Moria.
sassyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:58 PM   #2
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I haven't watched the movies in a long while, so I might be mistaken in this.

Quote:
Not sure if any of you noticed this, but when Boromir is dying he keeps raising his head. Why is that?
Trying to defy death? Trying to act in spite of dying, but having strength only for raising his head - barely.

Quote:
And was Boromir shot in the heart with the first arrow?
I assume not, as he was alive for quite a bit after that. Maybe near the heart, but not dead center.

Quote:
By the way why does Legolas look like he has a brusie on his forehead?
He just fought orcs himself. And as much as the illustrious Orlando Bloom is the deathless superhero, Legolas is just as "hurtable" as any of us...

Quote:
Its not only in this scene but also when they come out of Moria.
Some orcs there too...

But more realistically, I think it was bad makeup and not a battlebruise.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:43 PM   #3
sassyfriend
Wight

Why do u think it was bad makeup?
Old 09-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #4
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyfriend View Post
Why do u think it was bad makeup?
As I said, I haven't watched the movie for a long time, so I don't remember such small details as bruises. But considering the facts that you give and the Orlegolando Bloomleaf eneral picture, it's more likely to be bad makeup or just a shadow that looks like a bruise than an actual wound. Orlegolando is invincible, right?

...well, at least, that's what the movies make it seem like...

If the Tolkien Legolas had bruises, they were bruises. But Mr. Bloomleaf is such a perfect hot blond [a very long and not very nice list] idiotic elf toy sidekick, that a bruise on him is just impossible.

I know I sound really cynical, but that's what it is: book and movie Legolas are like an apple and an orange.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #5
sassyfriend
Wight

Thats ok, Mellon.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:47 AM   #6
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Like any mannequin, Orlando Bloom's head is made of wood. What you're seeing is a knot.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #7
sassyfriend
Wight

That is so mean, buddy!
Old 09-11-2011, 04:40 PM   #8
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
That is so mean, buddy!
Not mean, Morthoron.

My guess would be that the bruise was caused by a wind machine whipping all that hair around.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:02 PM   #9
sassyfriend
Wight

Ok back to Boromir....Ok we all know he was kneeling on the ground when the orcs raced past him so how did he end up lying on the ground?
Old 09-11-2011, 06:52 PM   #10
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Ok back to Boromir....Ok we all know he was kneeling on the ground when the orcs raced past him so how did he end up lying on the ground?
I'm thinking the loss of blood and use of motor functions.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #11
sassyfriend
Wight

That means Aragorn wouldn't of been able to save him anyways right
Old 09-11-2011, 07:57 PM   #12
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
That means Aragorn wouldn't of been able to save him anyways right
No, he came too late.

Aragorn did a lot of things "too late" that day, and he kicked himself for it...
Old 09-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #13
sassyfriend
Wight

What are the other things he did too late?
Old 09-11-2011, 08:29 PM   #14
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
What are the other things he did too late?
Went looking for Frodo too late, realising Boromir's true desires too late, set out to find Merry and Pippin too late, thus giving the orcs a good head start. Or, maybe, waited too long to ask for the final decision from Frodo.

Ultimately we find that he did all these things in the perfect moment. He met Eoner, and then Gandalf, only because he did what he did when he did it. But at the time he was punishing himself severely, and he said that all his choices were amiss, and this time he has to choose right...
Old 09-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #15
sassyfriend
Wight

Ok. I get u.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:35 AM   #16
Lotrelf
Shade of Carn Dűm

Lotrelf has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Went looking for Frodo too late, realising Boromir's true desires too late, set out to find Merry and Pippin too late, thus giving the orcs a good head start. Or, maybe, waited too long to ask for the final decision from Frodo.

Ultimately we find that he did all these things in the perfect moment. He met Eoner, and then Gandalf, only because he did what he did when he did it. But at the time he was punishing himself severely, and he said that all his choices were amiss, and this time he has to choose right...
Perfect! I found this too late. Things happen for a good reason that's what's illustrated here.