The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2005, 09:43 AM   #361
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
I'd much rather kill Lhunardawen. I think she's probably the cobbler but I'd like to make sure. She's certainly more explicitly suspicious than Morm or Saurreg. Do away with her first!
I'd say there's a 90% chance that Lhuna will be the recipient of my vote, but I want to hold it until 11 or so, central time. Although I now see that this DAY started at 11:15 central time instead of noon, so I'm guessing the DAY will also end at 11:15? In that case I would probably vote a little before eleven, but I'm hoping for some clarification here.

Quote:
A quick question: Who are the Cobbler suspects? As far as I can see, there is only Lhunardawen.
Lhuna is the most obvious choice but there could be a cobbler hiding among us hoping to make his/her vote count in the last DAY. If that is the case & we kill a wolf today I think whoever the cobbler is would've done a poor job of fulfilling the role. If we can't get a wolf for a day or two than the cobbler suddenly becomes quite important & will have suceeded.

This is why I say lynch Lhuna. She could be the wolf hoping to hide behind suspicious actions & a "don't make the same mistake you did with Nilp" type of defense. She could be the cobbler, in which case we would still win by getting rid of her before she becomes important.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 09:45 AM   #362
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

I might be on later, might not be. Can't risk it so I'd better vote now.

++MORMEGIL

He's pretty suspicious in my eyes. Kath was suspicious of him so here's hoping she was a good judge. I must admit that I am motivated by selfish reasons as well. There is a vote for me and there might be more coming. I suspect Morm much more than I suspect myself. Saurreg's reasoning seems pretty worthy of testing.

By the way Morm, if you think Lhuna is the Cobbler then why are you suspecting me? The Cobbler is meant to accuse whom he/she suspects to be innocent. Is Morm getting mixed up here? I think so.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:47 AM   #363
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Oh heck, I see no reason to hold my vote longer. I am more than reasonably sure that Lhuna is either a wolf or the cobbler, making this a win-win for the village.

++ Lhuna

edit: cross-posted with Eomer

edit2: 2000th post & it comes in a WW 'village', how fitting

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 08-05-2005 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:49 AM   #364
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Just saw Estel's post and I have to say he makes a lot of sense.

(More agreement between the two of us? We're obviously both wolves...)

There is more support for lynching Morm today. I certainly suggest that the village lynches Lhuna tomorrow.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:51 AM   #365
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

By the way, Eomer, I think you're last point about the cobbler isn't entirely correct. I would expect the cobbler to defend an innocent or attack a wolf in such a way that if the cobbler is lynched & discovered the village might lynch the innocent for a wolf or defend the wolf for an innocent. Hope that makes sense, it did before I tried to express it.

edit: cross-posting AGAIN, I suppose it's some sort of requirement that I have to cross-post with somebody...

edit2: since wilwa will probably not be able to vote (by her own admission) & double-lynchings are discouraged anyway I imagine the day will probably be cut short soon?

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 08-05-2005 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:58 AM   #366
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

Hmm, it's tricky, isn't it?

So are you saying there is no obvious Cobbler behaviour? I don't think the Cobbler would be too keen on a potential bluff. I don't think the Cobbler would want to throw suspicion on someone he/she genuinely thought was a wolf, because chances are the village would go along with the Cobbler's theory. And there you have it, there's a dead wolf. Is there a difference between wolvish bluffing and cobbler bluffing?
Old 08-05-2005, 10:12 AM   #367
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
Hmm, it's tricky, isn't it?

So are you saying there is no obvious Cobbler behaviour? I don't think the Cobbler would be too keen on a potential bluff. I don't think the Cobbler would want to throw suspicion on someone he/she genuinely thought was a wolf, because chances are the village would go along with the Cobbler's theory. And there you have it, there's a dead wolf. Is there a difference between wolvish bluffing and cobbler bluffing?
Well, I began the, er...village looking for explicit confusing behavior from the Cobbler but have begun to wonder the last two DAYS or so if the Cobby might be going for a subtle approach - hoping to stay more under the radar until the final DAY & then flare up & guarantee a sure wolf victory? That would be a daring plan, but if Lhuna isn't the Cobbler (which I still suspect that she is) then I think that's what the Cobbler must be going for. You're probably right that the cobbler would try to steer clear of the wolves entirely, but I wouldn't put it past him/her to defend several innocents in the hopes that they get suspected for wolves when the Cobbler is dead. So if Lhuna is the Cobbler we have to be careful with who we are suspicious of.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:15 AM   #368
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well I have another theory and it seems that TORE is thinking along the same lines. Saurreg could be the cobbler, hence his behavior right now. I currently think that either Saurreg or Lhuna is the cobbler and either Eomer and Saurreg is the wolf.

++Eomer

I hope I am not wrong in this and tomorrow after I die you can kill him. For I promise you will see that I am innocent and will rue your vote against me.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:16 AM   #369
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sorry, all, I see there was some questioning about when the Day was actually ending - I just got back from being out all morning. I'll keep it to the 24 hours, so Day is officially done. Morm's death coming soon.

Edit: This Night could be much shortened since there is so little that needs to happen. Do you want the break of 24 hours? Or should I just post the death as soon as I get it from our wolf? It doesn't matter to me.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 10:37 AM   #370
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Gone was the sureness of the villagers; they were to lynch Mormegil, but was he really a wolf? They’d find out soon…

As the villagers led him to the village square, they recalled their other problem: they no longer had a gallows. Some other means would need to be found to lynch Mormegil.

“Burn him at the stake!” suggested someone.

“Nay, chop off his head!” yelled another one. The villagers nodded in agreement with this: it was quick and required not much preparation; if Morm was a wolf, he would not have time to burst his bonds and escape.

But the executioner was not to be ousted of his job. “You have shoved me to the back long enough!” he cried. “My axe has too long been idle. You have decided to lynch me, but it is I who will commit the deed with my own axe as it should have been these past Days. By this you shall know that no wolf am I, but innocent!”

The villagers were utterly bewildered at this, and thought maybe to take their decision back. A wolf surely would not kill himself…!

“Wait!” someone started to call, but it was too late. Morm had dropped himself to the ground and brought the blade to his throat. “In the words of Elf-Warrior… think better of me.” And with that, he heaved the axe upon his own neck. The axe, which had been hopefully sharpened so many times this fateful week, cleaved through to the bone. Morm’s eyes shortly glazed over and his body went limp. He had spoken the truth: he had been innocent.

Ashamed, the villagers returned to their homes without a word to each other. Their numbers dwindled; they were running out of chances.

~*~*~*~

Living:

Encai
Eomer
Lhuna
Saurreg
TORE
Wilwarin

Dead:

Firefoot – drowned and burned by werewolves on Night 1
Nilpaurion (Ordinary Villager) – beat piñata style and killed by villagers on Day 1
Fea (Ordinary Villager) – gutted and stuffed by werewolves on Night 2
Oddwen (Ranger) – killed by Nilp’s villager-provoked wolves on Day 2
Durelin (Hunter) – Deadheaded by werewolves on Night 3
TGWBS (Ordinary Villager) - Slain by Hunter on Night 3
Kitanna (Werewolf) – Paralyzed and hung by villagers on Day 3
Dancing Spawn (Ordinary Villager) – Twisted like a pretzel and stuffed in a closet by werewolves on Night 4
Elf-Warrior (Ordinary Villager) – Stabbed through with knives by villagers on Day 4
LMP (Ordinary Villager) – Suffocated by werewolves on Night 5
Oromin (Werewolf) – Crushed under gallows by villagers on Day 5
Kath (Seer) – Scalped with eyeballs ripped out by werewolves on Night 6
Mormegil (Ordinary Villager) – Cut off his own head rather than having the villagers handle his axe on Day 6

Score:

Werewolves – 1
Villagers – 5

It is now Night 7. I need a name from the Wolf; Night will end as soon as that has happened.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:28 AM   #371
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

As each of the villagers woke up in the morning, they thanked – well, they weren’t sure who to thank, but they were thankful to still be alive. They met outside once more and made a painfully short headcount – only five left, and Encaitare was now missing.

Encai, being a wandering gypsy, had no real home of her own and had made her abode out in the woods. The villagers weren’t precisely sure where she had camped the previous night, but, looking out in the general direction, they realized that some smoke still rose above the trees. The villagers hastened in that direction, wondering what they might find that could still be smoking.

It did not take long before they found what was left of her camp. Before the arrival of the werewolf, it had been a comparatively cheery place: a small, brightly colored wagon and the horse that drew it. Now, all that was left was a heap of mostly ashes. Encai’s draft horse had been killed and her wagon destroyed; both had been heaped together. Encai (gagged first, so as not to cause so much of a ruckus), had been tied to a stake and stuck on top. Then the whole mound had burned; it still smoked. Little that was left could be recognized: a few metal oddments (jewelry and such), some bones.

The villagers tried to recall who had suggested burning Morm at the stake the previous Day and could not. Meanwhile, one of the villagers had wandered off a bit and found a message scratched in the dirt. The others noticed and went over to see what had caught the villager’s notice. The message read: Good luck to you, my fellow Shirriff and other villagers. If anything else had been written, it had been smudged away.

Sorrowfully, the villagers began their trek back to the village.

~*~*~*~

Living:

Eomer
Lhuna
Saurreg
TORE
Wilwarin

Dead:

Nilpaurion (Ordinary Villager) – beat piñata style and killed by villagers on Day 1
Dancing Spawn (Ordinary Villager) – Twisted like a pretzel and stuffed in a closet by werewolves on Night 4
Elf-Warrior (Ordinary Villager) – Stabbed through with knives by villagers on Day 4
Mormegil (Ordinary Villager) – Cut off his own head rather than having the villagers handle his axe on Day 6
Encai (Shirriff) – Burned to death by werewolf on Night 7

Score:

Werewolves – 1
Villagers – 4

It is now Day 7. Day will end in 24 hours.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:34 PM   #372
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

A new day...right? I guess the game can go fairly swiftly now.

Well my darlings, I've been doing some reading and I've discovered exactly why Lhunardawen is so suspicious of me:

1) - I showed regret at having been responsible for our Guardian's death.

2) - I am clever (apparently).

3) - I agreed with Kitanna and then 'pushed her to the gallows'.

Let me answer these: Yeah, so what?; Kind of you, but so what?; Kitanna agreed with me. Wolves bandwagon, it's what they do. That and kill people.

Yes, quite the magnificent case against me there. Please can someone tell me why I deserve all this suspicion? I am not a double-bluffing wolf! I helped kill Kitanna and Orominuialwen and I think I should be credited, not maligned.

Lhunardawen did vote for Kitanna, but she also refused to vote for Oromin and did, in fact, argue against killing her. She started attacking me only after I voiced concerns about her lack of voting on DAY ONE.

She must go.

++LHUNARDAWEN
Old 08-05-2005, 12:55 PM   #373
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

++ Lhuna

would appear to be the proper choice. Even if she is only the Cobbler we've still scored a big one for reasons I've stated before. If we picked someone else & got neither the Cobbler nor the wolf the wolf (with the aid of the Cobbler) would conquer the village the next DAY. Even if Lhuna is only the Cobbler we still stand a fighting chance of bagging a wolf the next DAY.

Anyone who doesn't vote for Lhuna (except herself) I would suspect a great deal.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:26 PM   #374
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Hmmm, maybe I was a bit hasty there. I am also suspicious of Saurreg.

Still, I see Saurreg as either a wolf or an ordinary villager, so he's not the win-win that Lhuna is.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:41 PM   #375
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

Saurreg doesn't worry me that much. I think his reasoning behind Mormegil's lynching was ok, I'm just sorry Morm turned out to be an innocent. His blood is certainly on my hands. But then, Estel doesn't worry me too much, and wilwarin is almost certainly the other Sheriff (and will likely be devoured by the wolf tonight). If Lhuna is not the wolf, I will be lost.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:40 PM   #376
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril New Moon?

Oh my goodness, what have I done? The Moon has obviously tricked me - I thought I would be having my cognitive faculties for the last two Days in exchange for some speech defect. But as I read my posts from the those Days it is obviously not so.

Eomer, will you ever forgive me for so blindly going after you? I do not know what madness the Moon has cast upon me for me to do that, but now I realize that you are indeed innocent. I admit I was being ridiculous, but you see, I am not a Lhunatic for nothing.

++THE ONLY REAL ESTEL

is obviously the werewolf. And I commend you, for you are a very good one. You are (probably) the greatest double-bluffing werewolf of all time.

Lhuna is innocent.

Eomer is innocent...and will be lost, because I am not the wolf.

Wilwa is the other shiriff.

Saurreg is innocent. Specifically, the cobbler.

Estel's vote patterns:
Day 1: Oromin (Nothing like voting for a fellow wolf first Day to throw off suspicion.)
Day 2: Lhuna (She's a cobbler. She's a wolf. Let's kill her to be sure. Though nobody else on that Day leaned towards voting that way.)
Day 3: Kitanna (She's obviously a werewolf and will be lynched anyway, so, why not? Plus it is perfect for throwing off suspicion.)
Day 4: Oromin (Since she wants to die anyway.)
Day 5: Oromin (She really has to go, to further throw off suspicion.)
Day 6: Lhuna (See Day 2)
Day 7: Lhuna

And there's this weird - extremely defensive, if I may say so - reply from Estel on post #322 on something mormegil said on post #321.

Plus, lmp was the first one to cast suspicion on Estel (and Eomer, not that it matters anymore)...and he died the Night after. The werewolf thought he had the Seer.

Now I know I seem to be grasping at straws here. Maybe I am. I can only tell you one thing, though: I am innocent. With this I will be so bold as to ask wilwa and Saurreg to vote for Estel toDay, as Eomer has already voted for me. I think we can actually save the village toDay. If I am wrong about Estel's lycanthropy, then you can lynch me if you wish (if the real werewolf has not yet killed me, that is). But I am very confident that this time, we have nailed him.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 06:24 AM   #377
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
So iz two votes for the Lhunatic und one for dah ree' Estel.

Me wait und see how me suspect Wilwarin votes.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:05 AM   #378
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

Well.....I'm baffled by Lhuna's post. She doesn't mention even once why she no longer suspects me. All she does is mention her 'revelation' about Estel. I'm too confused. Was that a shock-tactic from a bold and fearless wolf? She certainly played the innocent well there.

She has not dissolved my suspicions of her by too much at all.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:19 AM   #379
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
I am the other shirriff.

I am still on vacation and its going to be longer. You wont hear from me again till sunday night.

++Lhunardewen
Old 08-06-2005, 07:35 AM   #380
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Posted by Lhuna:
Quote:
And there's this weird - extremely defensive, if I may say so - reply from Estel on post #322 on something mormegil said on post #321.
Posted by me:
Quote:
Great. Thanks. Unless you are a werewolf you've just set me up for a perfect setup.

There seems to be an unfortunate attitude in this game that if someone seems innocent he must be guilty. While that can be true sometimes there is usually some shred of irrefutable evidence that can be found. But suspicions will be suspicions, & I do not hold yours against you.
I don't see anything too defensive about that. I made a valid point about the setup but apparently the wolves had other plans for that NIGHT. And the other point about 'if someone seems innocent he must be guilty' was being played out right before our eyes.

Quote:
Plus, lmp was the first one to cast suspicion on Estel (and Eomer, not that it matters anymore)...and he died the Night after. The werewolf thought he had the Seer.
And he/she didn't. And yet we still take lmp's word as he was a seer? Oh well. Anyway, it was pretty obvious that lmp had his telescope pointing at the wrong constellation the last DAY he was around. He made all sorts of wierd/wolvish comments - I've said before that I was going to vote for him that DAY.

Anyways, it doesn't appear too many people took Lhuna too seriously. She's either trying to cause confusion by switching tracks (therefore she's the Cobbler), or she's the wolf & acting very wolfish.

edit: anyway, thanks to wilwa the majority has spoken & we'll probably find out soon enough

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 08-06-2005 at 07:50 AM.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:21 AM   #381
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Okay, that's the end of the Day; Lhuna death will be coming soon.

Sorry, I've not had a great deal of computer acess since yesterday morning; I've sort of had windows of time that have coincided with the endings/beginnings of Day and Night phases. That's why I've not been responding as soon as I might. This has been a hectic weekend for me. Now, to really quick think of a death for Lhuna...
Old 08-06-2005, 11:46 AM   #382
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

“Kill the lhunatic wolf!” The shouts went up as the sun went down. Clearly this was their final wolf, hiding behind that bluffing howling of hers.

The small mob of four herded Lhuna down to the village square. Lhuna went willingly, cackling insanely and occasionally howling.

“You do know I’m innocent,” she commented, then laughed maniacally. The villagers exchanged looks amongst them. It seemed that their final wolf had finally cracked.

As they reached the square, the question went up, “So how are we going to lynch her?” The villagers were beginning to run out of ideas. Their gallows was utterly ruined and the executioner’s axe had mysteriously disappeared. Besides that, they no longer had a village undertaker to take care of the dead bodies... and, if she did turn out to be a wolf, the villagers weren’t quite sure how they would fend her off.

“So we’ll have to get rid of her… somehow.” The villagers paused in quiet thought, broken only by Lhuna’s mad howling.

Finally, one of the villagers cried out, “I can’t think! Let us throw her over the cliff some ways out of town and be done with her for good.” Happy with this thought, the villagers hastened out of the town into the more mountainous terrain surrounding the village. They all knew of the cliff, and as they drew nearer, Lhuna got to be downright batty.

They reached the clearing before the cliff, and the villagers began to contemplate how they would throw her over. “I’ll grab her legs… you take her arms…” But suddenly, Lhuna broke free, sprinting for the cliff. Inches from the edge, she jumped.

“I’m a bird!” she shrieked. But alas for Lhuna, she was no more a bird than she was a werewolf. In seconds, she hit the rocky bottom with a resounding thud and moved no more. The villagers peered over the edge and realized that they had rid themselves of nothing more than an ordinary lhunatic; there was still a wolf among them. With fear in their hearts, the final four made their trek back to the village.

~*~*~*~

Living:

Eomer
Saurreg
TORE
Wilwarin

Dead:

Lhuna (Ordinary Villager) – Jumped off a cliff on Day 7

Score:

Werewolves – 1
Villagers – 3

It is now Night 8. I need a name from the Wolf. Night will end in 24 hours.

Last edited by Firefoot; 08-06-2005 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:00 PM   #383
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Und me vote goes to-

Oops sorry. Dah Great Earthmodma hasn't passed judgement yet.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:05 PM   #384
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

For most of the night, the entire village was silent. No one could sleep; the doom of the villagers seemed imminent though uncertain. Then, in the very darkest hour before dawn, several things began to happen.

The wolf, having weighed its choices of kills, transformed shape and padded off through the village.

Nilp’s wolves, almost entirely forgotten, lifted up their mournful howls to the waning moon: a sound entirely beautiful and sinister and sorrowful, all at the same time.

From the chosen victim’s house, music woke. The sound was at once familiar and strange, and those who heard it recognized it immediately as the music of their troubadour Wilwa, music that was an echo of happier times.

The music of the wolves and that of Wilwa combined to make a composition that sounded haunting and resigned… and yet, not without hope. Could there still be a way to rid this village of its plague?

Abruptly, with a jarringly discordant chord, the music stopped. The two villagers not present would later find out that the strings of the instrument on which Wilwa had been playing had been ripped off.

Then there was silence. Eventually, the wolf returned home, and the sun soon rose. The villagers knew before they even met together that Wilwa was no longer among them. A trip to her house revealed that after her instrument (they now saw that it had been a mandolin) had been destroyed, her insides had been ripped open. After being destroyed, they had been tied in bundles by the strings from her now useless mandolin, which had afterwards been coated in her blood.

They found a scrawled message on a sheet of paper nearby, short, simple, and to the point: I wish for hope, yet fear there is very little. Good luck. –Shirriff Wilwa.

And so the unlikely trio – wolf, cobbler, and ordinary villager – departed the house. This day spelled doom, either for the wolf or the villagers; only time would tell.

~*~*~*~

Living:

Eomer
Saurreg
TORE

Dead:

Lhuna (Ordinary Villager) – Jumped off a cliff on Day 7
Wilwarin (Shirriff) – Ripped open by werewolf on Night 8

Score:

Werewolves – 1
Villagers – 2

It is now Day 8. Day will end in 24 hours or earlier if the vote is passed by then.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:06 PM   #385
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe from the hidden shadows of my mind...

*Takes a drag on my trusty pipe*

Quote:
the Cobbler might be going for a subtle approach - hoping to stay more under the radar until the final DAY & then flare up & guarantee a sure wolf victory? That would be a daring plan.
It was a daring plan. But it has paid off.

++ The Only Real Estel

I am The Cobbler. Wolf, vote for me and complete the desecration of this accursed village.

These villagers had treated me, my trade, & my ambitions (such as they were) like inferiority. Of course they feigned kindness towards me, but I read their true motives. I caught their looks, their whispers, I am sure they were directed towards me.

Well, I have turned the tables on them. I was as shocked as the others when Firefoot was slain. But I saw that these wolves had afforded me a chance for revenge, and I took it. I aided them as best as I could. I was not sorry when Fea was murdered. I felt no remorse when Durelin was killed; I laughed when she mistook TGWBS for a wolf and helped my cause. I masked my true feelings when Dancing Spawn was done away with & the only sorrow I felt over lmp’s death was that he was not the seer (which I was already fairly certain of). I gloated when the wolves massacred the true seer, Kath, & was glad to see the two sheriffs go in rapid succession. I felt no twinges of guilt over the lynching of the ‘innocent’ villagers – not even those I especially took part in. If you roll a stone it will roll back on you – and a stone was due to roll back on them for what they had put me through.

I would not openly aid the wolves. No, of course not; if I was too obvious I wouldn’t live to see my designs fulfilled. Instead I lurked in the shadows, causing some confusion here; throwing some suspicion on innocents there, but mostly I took glee in the predicament of those that I had hated since before I even knew such a destructive thing as hate. I bided my time, hoping that, rather than help the wolves for a day I could emerge at the end & seal this cursed village’s fate. And now I have.

Still, I am not happy. Vengeance is mine, but it is not sweet. I shall look forward to today’s lynching. My only wish is that I might hang by my own hand – after I have seen the slaying of the very last villager that did me wrong.

And now I go to have one final smoke on my good, trusty, pipe; the only thing in this village that I never bore ill will towards.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:09 PM   #386
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

If me could curz like a drunkened sailor, me would.

Game over. Game Over.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:05 PM   #387
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

May you find your peace, cobbler.

++TORE

This is for my fallen comrades.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:15 PM   #388
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

“All is lost!” cried Saurreg.

Meanwhile, Eomer turned to Estel. “It’s time for you to go, old chap. Thank you for your help.”

“You mean I don’t even get to see him die first?” asked Estel in disappointment, indicating Saurreg.

Eomer thought for a moment. “Just for you,” he decided, “I’ll let you witness Saurreg’s death. Then you may die in what manner seems best to you.”

Estel smiled mirthlessly at this pronouncement. “Make it painful.”

With a victorious light in his eye, Eomer looked upon Saurreg. “Rest assured, once I kill you, I’ll do the same to every one of your sheep.”

Saurreg’s face paled. “Not me poor sheep!” And that was all the last words that Saurreg had time for before Eomer underwent a snarling transformation. Saurreg put up a futile fight, but Eomer easily overcame him. Within minutes, all that was left of Saurreg was scattered, bloody, shredded body parts.

And Eomer smiled a wolfish smile. Victory was nigh complete.

Estel’s purpose was finished. With a salute to the remaining wolf, he took off towards his house where he had affixed a noose to the eaves of the house. He climbed a step ladder and fastened the noose about his neck. “Never shall it be said that this village was wholly unable to hang people, though the honor shall go to me alone. Vengeance is mine!” With that, he kicked aside his ladder. His neck snapped, and all that was left of the unloving Loveland was a victorious werewolf and Estel’s dead body, swaying in the dusty wind.

WEREWOLVES WIN!
Old 08-07-2005, 01:19 PM   #389
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

For those of you who are interested:

Seer dreams:

Night 1 - Saurreg
Night 2 - TGWBS
Night 3 - Kitanna
Night 4 - Wilwa
Night 5 - Oromin
Night 6 - Lhuna

Ranger protection:

Night 1 - Eomer

Hunter choice:

Night 1 - Morm
Night 2 - TGWBS

The cursed villager was Mormegil.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:30 PM   #390
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Great game, all!

I would like to know what you thought of me, Eomer. I know I dropped a few subtle hints during the course of the game, did you assume I was cobbler?
Old 08-07-2005, 01:42 PM   #391
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

It was a really good game. Congrats to all.

Honest to goodness I had no idea you were the cobbler, Estel. What kind of hints did you leave? Great strategy on your part, by the way.

I've been speaking to Firefoot about it, and it's kinda silly but here goes: I totally forgot that the cobbler would vote for himself. I had assumed that this last day would be a chaos of confusion and deception. But no, it worked out easily in the end.

I kept a little Diary of Wolvery. I'll be able to post it tomorrow, I imagine. It's a good read!

One thing though: I thought us wolves were really quite unlucky in parts of the game. First of all we had dancing spawn's uncanny suspicion of Kitanna which forced us to panic, and then Oromin had RL difficulties which prompted that huge change of strategy.

It was great fun wolving with Oro and Kit, The Shadow of Terror (hehe! ) and The Pretty Face. Hats off, all round.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:52 PM   #392
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
I never guessed you were the cobbler either, Estel. I thought Lhuna was, until she died, and then I had no idea who it could be.

It's odd the way things worked out. It's looking definitely like I'll have to leave sometime next week, so it turns out I needn't have embarked on my suicidal strategy after all. Although I sure did confuse the heck out of all of you while I was doing it! I was afraid you were never going to kill me once I said I was the cobbler. At least it provided some cover for Eomer in that he could lead the charge against me. It was so funny to see him repeatedly saying things late in the game such as
Quote:
I am not a double-bluffing wolf!
when of course he was! I doubt that he'll live past the first day ever again.

Last edited by Orominuialwen; 08-07-2005 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Some confusing wording that needed to be fixed
Orominuialwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 02:00 PM   #393
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Oromin, I agree. Eomer's posts were full of stuff like that, even at the start: "I have no idea why anyone would want to kill so-and-so." It also made me laugh that the one game Eomer should have been lynched, he wasn't. Knowing everyone's role and watching the game play out has got to be one of the best things about modding, which I thought was a ton of fun. The hardest part was coming up with original deaths at the end... I was at the end of my rope. So thanks to Bethberry for giving me the idea of scalping. That death was inspired... though someone informed me it may have been a little over the top. (Perhaps "without a top" describes it better? )

Great game, everyone.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:03 PM   #394
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Well, part of that confusion was me refusing to admit that you were a wolf, Oromin. I said you were either a wolf or the Cobbler, but since I knew I was really the Cobbler I knew you were a wolf...but I wanted to buy another day or two if I could. Confusing, huh? Well, I was the Cobbler!
Old 08-07-2005, 02:05 PM   #395
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Eexxxcelleeent!! (think Montgomery Burns)

Wow! That was great entertainment, thanks players. And great modding, Firefoot.
Estel, the cobbler, well hoodda thunk?! That was a great strategy. Another big whammy, Eomer-the-wolf, oh the irony of people feeling sorry for him cause of his initial early-lynchings in other games and him turning out to be a wolf this time 'round. BTW, congratulations on finally having a special role, Eomer.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:06 PM   #396
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

When we were hiding well, and other people were commenting on what a good job the wolves were doing, I almost typed Yes, these wolves are doing rather magnificently, yes?

I quickly decided against that; it would have been far too obvious!

Hear that noise? It's the sound of Lhuna tearing her hair out.

By the way, those killings hurt me just as much as they hurt you. Honest.

To add: Thanks Holby. Yes, the irony was seeping through the keyboard.

Last edited by Eomer of the Rohirrim; 08-07-2005 at 02:08 PM. Reason: guess. go on...
Eomer of the Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 03:30 PM   #397
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
If only the village had listened to me at my death. But no it wouldn't be so. Eomer great job! I started to think that it may have been you when Fea died and your reaction to that it is what I would have done to be honest . But what pacified me was leading the charge in killing the other wolves but by the end I had you figured out but of course it was too little too late. Oh one other thing that made me suspcious of you is that you survived past day 1

Tore fantastic job and wonderful strategy! Of course you were aided by Lhuna and others but no matter what I would never have thought you to be the cobbler. For one fleeting day I thought you to be a wolf but that went away quickly. A brilliant start to a great new role.

What did everyone else think of the cobbler role? I think it added a wonderful new element of complexity to the game.

So I was the cursed villager. I had this sinking suspicion from the start that I was. I actually almost posted it when I was about to die but thought better of it

Great game to the other wolves Kitanna and Oromin as well. Kath despite what you think I feel you played rather well and kept yourself alive very long. Which can be hard to do as a seer. I feel so bad about Durelin and Oddwen though. To think one wolf killed one and I killed the other .

Finally, great job Firefoot! You were excellent. I haven't modded but I was able to get a birds eye view when TGWBS modded and I had to sit out. It is wonderful to watch it all play out with the complete knowledge. Though I hope you dont' think less of me for not figuring out anything really *roll eyes*

Thanks all.

Edit: I was laughing every day about my axe! It was so much fun to have this runing joke between the mod and me. Though I'm glad I could finally use it.

Last edited by mormegil; 08-07-2005 at 03:35 PM.
mormegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 03:37 PM   #398
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Nice playing, everyone. Eomer, as soon as I was killed I knew it was you, but I never suspected TORE. Hope to see some of you in WWVIII!
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 03:37 PM   #399
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Hints & Bluffs: Well, when I dropped hints I made them extremely subtle - I didn't want to be too obvious about it. At one point I said I was off for some oatmeal, some peaches, & some ice cream. This was one hint that I sincerely doubted anyone would pick up one - I don't know if any of you have ever had peach cobbler before but it basically amounts to peaches & ice cream (the oatmeal was just an add on). After not being on for awhile I returned with the action of *shaking the cobwebs from my brain*. Extremely subtle hints, as I said before, but one never knows who might pick up on them (although no one did ). And then in the last DAY or two I really started discussing possible Cobbler strategies, but that really wasn't hinting, per se.

As to bluffs I decided to ask about what we should be looking for in the Cobbler, etc. as a sort of double-bluff; at one point I thought I had overdone it, but apparently not. After Elf-Warrior mentioned the role I started asking about it. Basically the first day I tried to get everyone's focus more on the role of the Cobbler than wolves - asking for clarifications suggesting that Nilp might be 'the cobbler cobbler', etc. I also asked Firefoot if we would know if we'd killed the Cobbler, as another small double-bluff sort of thing. Also, when Lhuna suggested that the Cobbler might be hiding I quickly brought up that they're job is mainly to confuse us - I didn't want them to focus on my strategy, of course.

As I go back & read my posts I'm amazed at how many times I said the word 'Cobbler'.

(edit): On one last Cobbler not: I don't think I played that well, I was just saved at the end by the wolf lasting. I knew about half way through that unless Eomer was the wolf I had little chance of looking even the least bit smart, he was the only one out of the other potential wolves that hadn't had much suspicion cast on him & could then possibly last until the last DAY for me to redeem myself. That & I basically hung my entire strategy on the guess that he was a wolf. Had the wolf been taken out & the game won by the villagers I would've done a horrible job as Cobbler, I especially did poorly at the start when I was trying to get a handle for the whole thing. I was just fortunate that my daring & rather unsmart strategy paid off - though I can't say I'd do the same thing if I was given a do-over!

By the way, Eomer I must say I had you figured out from DAY one, though at times (mostly late in the game) I began to waver ever so slightly. I think I'll post some of my thoughts for each DAY...I'll have to get them more orginized first, though.

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 08-07-2005 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:48 PM   #400
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

O yea, it's real easy to say Of course, I had Eomer figured out right at the start now that the game's over!

I thought we wolves were unlucky with our suspicion. I'm not sure why everyone leapt on Kitanna (dancing spawn, wow - she was so troublesome). Oromin's case speaks for itself. And what did I do wrong? I thought I played it real clean, honey!

Kuru, get me one of those t-shirts.

And it's nice to see The Saga still being used after all these games.

Last edited by Eomer of the Rohirrim; 08-07-2005 at 03:50 PM. Reason: how now? brown cow...
Eomer of the Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote