Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2004, 07:01 PM   #161
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Your post, Peon Kransha, needs no editing from my point of view -- in fact, you've done such a good job with Grash that I might just be able to retire from the thread altogether and let you take it over (my dead body).

Also, very nicely done CoD, I genuinely love how Morgoroth is able to reflect on the group in that objetive way without objectifying them or remaining emotionally aloof.

A reminder to other posters -- please keep moving us through the remaining points in my list. So long as no-one actually gets us to the Morgul Road (until I do at the end of the week) we can keep talking and interacting on the long path down. . .
Old 08-03-2004, 07:30 PM   #162
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Hey everyone!

I've returned, sunburned, to my good old home. I'm working on a post and should have it up sometime tomorrow.

-Aylwen
Old 08-05-2004, 08:26 AM   #163
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
Parting is such sweet sorrow...

Just as notification:

I will be gone, on holiday/vacation/excursions/what-have-you, beginning today and ending Monday next, when I will return for a night and then go on another several day excursion. I'll probably be able to post if needed on Monday night or Tuesday morning, but otherwise, I'll be temporarily absent without BD access. I'm sure everyone will be able to survive without me for a little while (who am I kidding, you'll all probably wither and die without my brilliance to warm your souls, but I digress).

Farewell, auf weiderschen, au revoir, and all that...

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Old 08-05-2004, 08:30 PM   #164
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

A quick post to let you all know that I editted my most recent post, to make more clear Darash's motivation in supporting Grash's plans

I shall be away for a fortnight, with little access to the Net. I shall try to make one or two posts but cannot promise anythiong with great reliability.

Happy hoilidays, Kransha.

Bethberry
Old 08-05-2004, 10:58 PM   #165
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Greetings and Salutations

I am back and I have started the prisoners on their way...please let me know if anything needs editing, Fordim. I'll get another post on its way tomorrow or Saturday.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:43 AM   #166
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Hello All

Sorry about the delay in getting my post up, but I am on vacation myself for the next couple weeks, and while I am not going away, I will perhaps not be able to be at the BD as much as I'd like. Still, there is a post up now.

At any rate -- these stones. I would like to leave their precise effect up to each writer to explore. but in general, everyone who passes between them will have an 'internal' struggle with the will of Sauron. Now, please, I don't intend to suggest that the company will be contending with Sauron directly, none of us could succeed in that, but with the "memory of his will". I kind of imagine the stones as having an effect akin to the effect of a Ring of Power. They will attempt to imprint the will of Sauron onto everyone. So have fun with this -- will you be seduced or tempted by the stones? Overwhelmed by despair? Overcome by hatred? Whatever -- go nuts. This is where we can all explore our characters' deepest fantasies and desires.

Once we are all through the stones, it's onward and upward to the Dead City!
Old 08-13-2004, 01:44 PM   #167
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

Fordim, a note, a reminder...something along those lines I am afraid I will be away again, from Sunday 15th August to Sunday 22nd August, when I will return late. I won't have internet access - sorry!

I will of course try to make a post before leaving. (However, I will have very limited internet access tomorrow, and so may not be able to. Sorry...)

Last edited by Amanaduial the archer; 08-14-2004 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:45 AM   #168
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Boots

Sorry for my abscence, but I have posted now.

Rhând is planning to betray you all. (Bwahahahaha)

Fordim - I don't know what you have planned, but I'll PM you with something.

Let me know if my post need revision!

Cheers,
Nova
Old 08-19-2004, 07:39 PM   #169
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Greetings all

I join the chorus of people apologising for being so inconsistent in my posting. While I am not physically away from home, I am taking an actual vacation which means spending as much time with my family as possible. Also, I find that my need for Barrow Downs relaxation/distraction is quite significantly reduced when I am not at work!

At any rate, I appreciate the intriguing posts of those who are around and facing up to the power of the Stones! We shall be continuing with the current scenario until Sunday night, when we shall be moving past the stones and heading up the Morgul Vale to our next encounter.

For those who might like a bit of a sneak peek. . .as it has just been revealed in Grash's latest post, all of Sauron's armies are being summoned to the Morannon. This includes the remnants of his forces in Minas Ithil, and seeing as we are heading west on the Road that will lead that army from the Dead City to the gate, we can expect to be bumping into them at some point. . .

IF we manage to get past that (and let's hope that our orc disguises are good!) then it will be up onto the mountain path and toward Ithilien!

Nova -- PMing you right now!
Old 08-23-2004, 12:00 PM   #170
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Many apologies, El Capitan Fordim,

I just put up a post for Bror, in which he faces the Stones, etc. I did not place it up last night, through mine own absence of mind. I forgot to put up a Save, so it is now after your post for moving on. I can only 'politely' ask you to move your post when it is made, since I can't move mine back, and it would seem rather odd for Bror to still be at the stones while everyone else is moving on through the Vale. I hope this little switcheroo doesn't inconvenience you too much, or rather, at all.

Old 08-23-2004, 12:18 PM   #171
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

No inconvenience Kransha, the post, she's been moved.

At any rate, as you can all see, we're now into our next adventure -- I hope that we can have some fun with it.

Feel free to wander through the army either alone, or as part of a small group. And feel free to have whatever adventures you may wish along the way. Just remember, everyone is supposed to be headed to the small path in the southern wall.

Some plot points/suggestions: orcs frequently fight amongst themselves and nobody seems to care too much, so if you're wanting to get in there and mix things up a bit, by all means do so, all I ask is that you keep it brief and isolated (we can't afford a general dust up here!).

Also, there's some members of the party who might be tempted to use this opportunity to betray the rest of us. . .best keep our eyes open for signs of treachery.

Finally, the "captain" I spoke of in charge of this army is. . .wait for it. . .that's right! A Nazgul! With the destruction of the Witch King, this particular fellow is his second in command. He's lurking somewhere hereabouts in the army and might just stumble on some unlucky member of our little party. He should be pretty easy to spot on his winged fell beast and all.

NOTE -- If there are any more 'stone posts' place them here in the discussion thread and I can paste them to the beginning of my post getting us away from the Stones, or we can perhaps ask Pio to insert them earlier (if we're really really good that is).

Last edited by Fordim Hedgethistle; 08-23-2004 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:28 PM   #172
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Boots

I just filled my save. Sorry for not filling it earlier, but I've been quite busy.

I will probably not be able to post again before Saturday, as my computer time is limited. I'll try though!

Nova
Old 08-24-2004, 07:25 PM   #173
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots tempus fugit etc

My computer access over the pond was erratic and, in fact, one post I made on another thread has disappeared, so . . . I will be catching up tomorow and hope to work on a "stones" post. I'll post it here once I have it and know where it should best be placed. Then I'll work on this next adventure.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:00 PM   #174
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots Getting by the menhir express

Fordim,

Here is my "Dark Stones" post. I think it will coordinate with yours and so I would ask you kindly to place it at the end of your "Stones" post, just before you lead our little band into the midst of orcs once again.

I hope my next post I can place myself--that is, if you don't move on to a new adventure over the weekend.

Bethberry

>>>

** EDIT: PLACED ON THE RPG THREAD - Post #126 ~*~ Pio **

Bethberry's post

Something had deranged the various members of the group. Darash could feel muscles hardening in the air, tendons snapping into tightness, rates of breathing either slow or quicken. The odour of fear exuded from bodies as they moved towards these carvings which Grash had called the Dark Lord's Stones. But who was this Dark Lord? She looked over at Grash and would have asked, but she saw that he was in no mood to converse, wrapped up in some strange dream of his own, his hand reaching out and touching her arm. She could not understand what this power was, but she did not repulse the touch of the former slave. Instead, she watched all the others as they went into dream raptures as they confronted these pillars. She did not understand who or what this Dark Lord was, but she sensed abject fear and horror in those around her. Their bodies were almost becoming grass before the wind. She could feel herself melting into passivity.

Then she faced the Stones herself, hearing her called by the name of "Darash" in a sonorous voice, low and melodious but she caught a vague sense of sneering in its patronising plea. She shook from her head the sound and spoke to herself a name none had ever heard her mention, Kashtia Ma'at-Ka-Re, Kashia Ma'at-Ka-Re. Kashtia Ma'at-Ka-Re. Grash looked at her for a moment, but she did not think he heard. Especially did He who knew every way to appeal to those whose servitude he wanted not hear, but she did, savouring the click of the consonants. Then she raised her eyes against this man-god who called to her in the name of her pain, Kwenye darasha. She felt a soft cooing go through her, as if an arm were placed around her shoulders relieving her of her responsibility so she could rest.

Come to me and I will show you the way home, I will bring you back to your tribe, I will give them the strength to resist their enemies. In me you will find the weapon to fulfil yourself as warrior.

Kashtia remained silent, listening to his words.

Your silence already shows you have decided for me, the voice continued. Join me and I will raise your people high. I will call upon them to join me here in my victory.

Words teetored on the tip of her tongue, and her cracked lips she held still. He knew not the words of her people but spoke in this tongue that the slaves did here, not the foul speech of the orcs but that of the northern men. She fought against the dream he was placing in her head, for she realised he was trying to grab her story, to write her into his story and bend her to his way, to twist her into a mere handmaiden to power. Kashtia would not relinquish her voice; she refused to speak to this man-god who perverted people's stories to his own narrative. For the first time she began to understand the depravity of these northern men who were slaves even in the open air, and she began to feel compassion for them rather than hauteur or disgust. She understood as she had not previously what were the chains which held Grash even as he was free of the prison. They were not and had never been agents of their own lives.

Aloud she spoke one word, Kontu!, that is to say, "Story". "Herstory", with its warning not to speak to the Trickster man-god. Then, to herself, in her head so none could hear, particularly this Dark Lord, she repeated the old stories of courage and cooperation. Unaenda wapi, nyumbo yetu. Kurro. "Run," she translated, "Run," she said to all near her and began to move her springing feet forward, beyond the stones.

To her side, she suddenly heard Grash call out. He grasped her arm tighter and then rushed with her through the stones. He stumbled, almost falling at her feet, but she grabbed his arm this time and steadied him so he would not fall upon the black earth and bruise himself upon the cruel edges of its rocks. She saw in his eyes he had seen a dream of his own, a frightening dream, but a hope he had never known before in his life. Then she looked away at the road which lay before them

Last edited by Bęthberry; 08-27-2004 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:35 PM   #175
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots oh code it!

Thank you, Pio! However, this is a bit strange. I made the post here and then editted it to correct for differences in code. I proofed the changes and saw them. Yet now I see that the changes did not come through. There are several coding errors which have been carried over onto the game thread.

If I try to reedit my post, could Fordim or Pio then copy the corrected post back into Fordim's post? The codes are many and distracting. Please give me some time as I now have family to attend to here.

Fordim, let me know if the post suggests things for Grash and the others which don't fit.

Cheers!

EDIT: I have made the corrections. The post is now ready to be placed.

Last edited by Bęthberry; 08-27-2004 at 03:55 PM.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:46 PM   #176
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Bethberry

Perhaps unsurprisingly, I shall leave it to Pio to put up an edited post when you make one available. She's so much more capable, organised and competent than I. *Fordim looks earnest and sincere.*

The post, as always, looks great to me. Nothing suggested for Grash that I found out of place, and your description of the others seems entirely in keeping with their own posts about the stones.

I shall not be moving the plot along any further before the weekend, so no worries. There has, so far, been a marked lack of interest in the current plot twist, however, and there are other things on the hop so I shan't leave the party in the midst of the orc army for very long -- anyone wanting to have some fun with the current scenario had best get something up in the next few days then. . .*insert ominous music here*

A Reminder -- the game wraps up on the 20th so we're just over three weeks away from the conclusion, and we still have a mountain range to cross! *insert post-inspiring music here.*

Last edited by Fordim Hedgethistle; 08-27-2004 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:12 PM   #177
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dűm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Umm...yes, sorry for my lack of posting in the past week. For some reason my moving home has reduced my want to do anything, except eat. I shall work myself up to getting a post up by the end of the weekend.
Old 08-28-2004, 09:34 PM   #178
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
I filled in my save. Dwali is in a ditch along the road, probably several miles away from the mountain passage we were heading for. He'll have to get back there, somehow. Probably will have something to do with... crawling.

Let me know if anything in my post was inaccurate, faulty, etc. I was extremely tired when I wrote it.

Himaran
Old 08-29-2004, 06:43 AM   #179
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril

I'm back! And I apologise for my extended AWOL - during a lightning storm some week and a half ago, my computer blew a fuse. RIP computer. Subsequently, RIP wireless network connecting my computer to the internet as well...

I will attempt to catch up as quickly as possible. Thanks for bearing with me.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:31 AM   #180
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Bethberry's corrected post has been put on the game.

~*~ Pio
Old 08-29-2004, 11:49 PM   #181
Sarin Mithrilanger
Animated Skeleton

Sarin Mithrilanger has just left Hobbiton.
The Gate

Are we allowed to travel to the gate with the orcs?
Old 08-30-2004, 04:10 AM   #182
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Hmmmm. . .good question Sarin. The answer woud be no (we're a long way from the Black Gate).

Everyone should be making for the path with all possible speed. As a guideline: it's early morning, and this adventure will be wrapped up before midday. By this point everyone who's escaping will have to be on the path.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:55 AM   #183
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

I have just put up (an edited) long post, in the hopes that this might inspire some to undertake an adventure or two with the orc army and/or the Nazgul. Some possible suggestions:

A fight with an orc

Someone is going to have to rescue Dwali

Someone is probably going to have to stop Rhand from betraying us all

How in the world is Morgoroth going to get through an army or orcs?

Perhaps the Nazgul will become interested in somebody else?

Maybe someone will get cut off from the path and have to scale the wall and find another route?

At any event, like I said, only suggestions. I will keep us in the midst of this orc army probably until the end of this week, but then we will have to get on to the path and into our last adventure before the game ends on the 20th.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:46 AM   #184
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Quote:
Someone is going to have to rescue Dwali:
Ah! Just a thought, master Fordim. (Dwali is off to the side of the path, hidden in a ditch. None of the orcs saw him, so I doubt that anyone from the company did either. It would seem a little unrealistic for someone disguised as an orc to step off to the side, pull Dwali out of the ditch, and lead him back the opposite way towards the mountain passage.)

So I was wondering.... you wanted the episode to be wrapped up by midday. But Dwali would have to wait until cover of darkness to venture back. Thus, perhaps the company could meet up eventually, dub Dwali as dead, and, remorsefully, head back. The dwarf would have to follow their tracks... and link up soon after.

If you would prefer to keep it simple, I can just have Dwali sneak back, crawling on his stomach by the roadside..

Himaran
Old 08-31-2004, 07:48 AM   #185
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordim Hedgethistle
How in the world is Morgoroth going to get through an army or orcs?
Problem solved. In one of my early posts, way back when, I disguised Morg in the attire of the Haradrim, or something similar. It now has a bit of wear and tear, but it should suffice as a disguise to fool the orc army.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:10 AM   #186
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Himaran -- I like your idea to have Dwali given up for dead, only to arrive back with the company. That should give rise to some interesting posts from and amongst Dwali's allies and/or opponents in the company!

CoD -- smart thinking on your part! Now lets get Morgoroth through the army.

(For my money, I still figure that the Nazgul at least would have a sense that something is wrong, should he be in such close proximity to an Elf!)
Old 08-31-2004, 09:07 AM   #187
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

Just as a small heads-up, I am PMing Alaklondewen to see if she wants to coordinate anything here. I think there would be some good opportunity for our characters to share responses here but I know she is very busy. I won't put up a save as it is yet early in the week.

I must say I enjoyed your latest post particularly, Fordim, as those of others as well. A great game which helps us keep our wits about us.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:10 PM   #188
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril

Ok posted - if the owner of the hands which have just grasped Raeis's ankles would come forward, that would be good

...and that is the strangest supermarket tanoy you'll ever hear I had envisioned it as being Zurumor as that would be most fitting, but I think it will fit with any of the escapees. But please, don't just leave her hanging there: I don't expect the Nazgul will take long to gather himself, and I doubt it will be pretty when he does.

Fordim - Brilliant post, really excellent.Excuse me that I don't rate you - I rated you a while back and now need to wait awhile - I suppose that's just an incentive to have a rating spree or something
Old 09-01-2004, 05:30 PM   #189
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

At last, my post, she is up!

It's very long, and took a bit, but crucial. Just because I love lists so much, I;m going to list every new developement my post entailed.

1. The Orc Army, or roughly 50-100 of the thousands of orcs in the horde, are currently engaged in an all-out battle for no real reason. It was set off by Bror, and is now completely out of control. It's only in one area, though, not the whole army's span. Only some orcs and folks will be affected. It does have the attention of the Ringwraith, though.

2. Zurumor, Raeis, and Bror are about to be made into elf-man-dwarf kabobs by an angry Nazgul. In other words: They need help.

3. Anyone can intervene, step in, whatever, as long as something happens. Remember what I said about kabobs?

Old 09-01-2004, 07:32 PM   #190
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dűm

My post is now up...Morg has put his life on the line, and has provided the distraction for the Kabobs to get away. He is now left bleeding out against a rock...nearly dead, but not dead.

If it needs any editing, please tell me, and I will adjust it accordingly.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:15 PM   #191
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

CoD -- Nice post, and a very heroic act by Morgoroth!

Everyone -- Family commitments will be taking me out of town and, more than likely, away from all internet acccess beginning tomorrow morning and extending right to Monday night or Tuesday morning.

Whilst I am away, if you could all continue the current scene that would be lovely. When I do return I shall put up a post to finish off the encounter with the army and get us on our way toward Ithilien.
Old 09-02-2004, 03:32 PM   #192
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril

Captain of Despair, Kransha - brilliant posts! Really brilliant! But CoD - surely this isn't the end of Morg?! We shall see about that!

I shall post tomorrow, as it is rather late tonight and it's the first day of school tomorrow - but this is, as the smiley says, smokin'! (Ok, I'll stop talking now...)
Old 09-03-2004, 10:25 AM   #193
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril Leave of Absence

Captain Fordim and the most disreputable players of LoD,

I will be without internet access until Sunday afternoon (possibly I will have a snippet on Saturday, late evening, but it is unlikely), and I leave in about an hour - I will be traipsing around various universities with my sister in an attempt to find one she likes...*sigh*

Farewell!
Old 09-04-2004, 11:26 AM   #194
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

Boots

I am a bit unsure as to the state of Raeis at this moment. I have described her somewhat in my last post, so if I am inaccurate in my account, I will edit accordingly.
Old 09-05-2004, 04:52 AM   #195
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Boots

Okay, I just posted. (I've also filled my last save, #132, which should probably be read as my last post kind of is a continuance.)

If anyone wants me to edit something, please do tell!

Also, I think that, at least, Darash and Lyshka are in . . . great trouble. Rhând has just charged seven orcs your way. (If seven are too many for you petty li'll women to handle, I'll edit the number. )

I'll be away for the next few days, so in that case, possible edits will be fixed in four days or so. (if you're not too quick and reach me before I take my leave.)

Cheers,
Nova

PS! Don't be too harsh on Rhând just yet. He has still much to do!
Old 09-06-2004, 10:17 AM   #196
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Please note:

Your RPG opened for play on 06/28/2004.

It was scheduled to run for 12 weeks - ending on 09/20/04.

There are 2 weeks of game play time left.

Please start moving toward the final section of your storyline.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio, game moderator
Old 09-06-2004, 06:30 PM   #197
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Update on Dwali:

My little dwarf always seems to be separated from everyone else... To make things simple, I will just make a list (I like them too, Kransha )

1. In my post, hours passed. It is night. Thus, by this time the company is either safely away from the orcs or, more realistically, dead.

2. In the morning, Dwali will finish his little crawling adventure to reach the mountain passage, only to find the company gone.

3. After a brief bout with despair, the dwarf will head after them and, hopefully, hook up with them. But we shall see...

Himaran
Old 09-07-2004, 11:53 AM   #198
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

I should go away more often! What a wonderful series of posts to find awaiting me upon my return -- a very thrilling adventure with the Nazgul and his army, indeed.

But, alas, time (and Pio) waits on no Downer, and we must press on. As we have been recently reminded, we have less than two weeks to get out of Mordor. We are on schedule but we should get out of the Morgul Vale and onto the path.

To that end, I will post a scene-wrapping post on Thursday morning in which the members of the company -- minus Dwali who we shall assume is dead until he rejoins us -- reunite on the path. If you have any last whacks to get in with the orcs and/or Nazgul, please do so before then (or, at the very least) insert a save on Wednesday night.

I shall be PMing Himaran, Nova and Sarin about specific plot twists/issues so please check your inboxes and reply ASAP.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:17 PM   #199
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

I filled in my SAVE, which is the last post on the game thread. Fantastic fun.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:43 AM   #200
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

Hmmm. Alaklondewen and I are a bit confused by the time frame here, as our characters are in the midst of a battle with the seven orcs which Nova's Rand sent out after us in #143. Fordim wrote about the orc tiff:

Quote:
Everyone should be making for the path with all possible speed. As a guideline: it's early morning, and this adventure will be wrapped up before midday. By this point everyone who's escaping will have to be on the path.
Yet, as Himaran has said, in #146:

Quote:
1. In my post, hours passed. It is night. Thus, by this time the company is either safely away from the orcs or, more realistically, dead.
Shouldn't we still be approaching midday rather than in night? And, as a bit of a wrench, Alak and I have not yet finished dispatching those seven orcs. I know I could do a retrospective, but I think that would ruin the pacing and the excitement. And I think our posts are already long enough that editting them to finish it off woulld rather ruin the lovely drama our dear traitor set up for us. (I mean, really, seven orcs in just two posts? For women?)

Master Game Founder Hedgethistle, what do you suggest? Can we ask Himaran to split up his post #146, to move the second half after Alak and I have done? I have put up a save now and await your gravel.

Bethberry

Last edited by Bęthberry; 09-08-2004 at 04:50 AM.