User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-29-2002, 06:23 AM   #241
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thalionyulma has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

His father was presenting the stag's antlers to his grandfather as trophy, and his mother and sister looked on. It had been a good hunt. Pennnauriel was about to whisper something to Liliath, their mother when she caught his grin. The dark elf then noticed the two weary-traveled men, who had been invited as guests by his mother’s kin. They seemed to be fidgeting. Pennnauriel was about to say something to their mother when chaos broke loose.

A sudden shout and several cries of alarm brought the assembly to their feet. The elven hunters all went for their bows and spears as their assailants suddenly appeared from around them. Darts and arrows filled the air as armored orcs began to hack the elves.

“Poison! Ware the foul beasts’ darts and arrows!” Someone shouted as several elves fell dead.

Too late the elvenfolks fought back, their wooden spears and leather armor were no match against blades of steel. The dark elves fought desperately as more and more orcs and armored men came with darts and iron spears. Rûdhchamion gave a shout as an orc shot a dart at his mother, and watched helpless as his father trying to reach his mate, was cut down by one of the men whom he recognized as their “guest”.

“NO!” he shouted, with a short sword in hand he fought furiously towards where his parents were.

“Rûdhchamion! Behind you!” He heard his sister shout out a warning, and as a flash she pushed him aside. He caught her as she stiffened and suddenly went limp, a dart embedded at the side of her neck.

“Pennnauriel!” Rûdhchamion stared helpless as his sister breathed her last. Tears came unbidden to his eyes as he felt the wave of deep pain wash over him like cold water.

“You should worry more of yourself, elf” he heard the mocking voice of an orc.

Looking up he saw a large, heavily armored orc towering over him. A red mark was on his armor, a red eye.

Rûdhchamion awoke with a start. He sat up was breathing heavily. He turned to see Anarya and Khelek watching him anxiously.
Old 06-30-2002, 06:35 AM   #242
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Anarya SilverBranch has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rudchamion looked lost and angry when he awoke, panting and sweating from whatever nightmare that had interrupted his sleep. Anarya knew the feeling well and her heart went out to him for it, even though he already had her heart.

"Are you alright?" She asked quietly still looking at him, worried he would not remember where he was.

"Yes," He answered after a few minutes, "Yes, it was just a dream."

Khelek wandered over to where Rudchamion sat and looked up at the dark elf. Anarya asked the question aloud that she knew Khelek was asking the elf.

"What was it about?"
Old 06-30-2002, 03:26 PM   #243
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Leighlei has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Leighlei
Silmaril

There was a slight rumble nearby and a throaty growl, and she was forced to grab the maiden by the wrist and yank her to her feet. "Sorry, we havn't got any." She quipped.
"But... what is that?"
"One of two things... both of which smell bad and have large teeth, and a hunger for our kind. Now MOVE!"
Old 06-30-2002, 09:16 PM   #244
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Fair Amaryllis has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Fair Amaryllis
Sting

she was practically dragged along as she saw large white fangs jump out of the bushes. She ran as fast as she could to get away from it. She screamed and Sauche pulled her faster and further away. Her heart beat wildly in her chest and she could hardly catch her breath. Her legs screamed at her but she kept running.
Old 07-01-2002, 05:11 AM   #245
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The heavily armored orc stood surveying the hillside. More companies were coming in from Mordor and Misty Mountains. It did not make him less annoyed, no word had come yet from his scouts and human agents sent to the elvenking’s city.

He grunted, no matter, he thought. With such a force mustering at Dol Goldur, no hated elven army now could defeat them!

He espied another battalion coming in. There was no mistaking the outlined fingures of the Orog-hai among them. Wârzgârz smiled with an evil glint in his eyes, those trolls were less stupid than the ordinary ones, and were better suited for battle. Like himself, they could withstand the sunlight.

Since the last great battle with those cursed alliance of elves, he knew the number of the elves and men had dwindled. For such a force as one under the Dark Lord, no one could possibly withstand them now! Elf, man, nor dwarf.

As he turned, he saw an orc scout heading towards him. It was from one of the scouting group that swept the Vale of Anduin, looking for news to be sent to their Master.
Old 07-01-2002, 07:43 AM   #246
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rûdhchamion averted his eyes from the young maiden’s concerned look, forcing himself to breath slower. He wiped his face with his hands, finally brushing back his long dark hair. His eyes were haunted by the dream and memories of that fateful day.

Khelek whined softly, the young wolf was concerned as well. ”What is it that disturbs you so, dark elf?” Came the white pup’s inquery.

He did not answer the white pup, barely hearing even Anarya. The dark elf’s mind was in turmoil. This was the first time he had dreamed of what had happened in a long while. Why now? He felt there was something he had to remember, something crucial. But he could not quite place his finger to it. Something lingered at the back of his mind- what was it? Slightly frustrated, he stared out into the horizon, where streaks of light were peeking from velvet sky.

The dark elf turned to his companion once more. The elf maiden’s eyes were filled with worry. He pushed aside the ache he felt, suddenly in his chest, turning his eyes away once more from her gaze.

“My apologies,” he said in a low whisper. “It was just a dream of... of what had happened. But there is something-“

“What is it?” Anarya asked, and he felt her concern for him.

“Something I must remember. The things happening now seem to have some evil connection. And it is this what we must know... but I feel that time draws short.” He sighed, feeling weary more in mind than in body. “Something is greatly amiss. There is no doubt we shall find the answers at the Necromancer’s abode.”

He silently wished the young elf maid had gone back with Legolas, to the safety of Thranduil’s boundaries. But something told him that the dark shadow would soon spread further north towards the Elvenking’s realm, if they failed to find out what was going on.

“Khelek, tell me what you remember of your capture. I feel that these strange events have begun long before the tragedy of my people. But I would like to put the pieces together,” Rûdhchamion said, putting his mind to the task ahead. “Perhaps, we can plan better our way, before we enter Dol Goldur.”
Old 07-01-2002, 07:45 AM   #247
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

When they were out of the forest, Sauche looked at her companion. Amaryllis was gasping for breath, but Sauch was fine. Not even winded or tired or anything. "City girls." She mumbled. There was a howl and then sauche hurtled foreward, something had hit her back. She whirled, and tackled the wolf that had attacked her, sending it flying and landing on top of it. As she tried to avoid it's snapping jaws and flailing legs, she yelled to Amaryllis.
"RUN TO TOWN!" She roared, driving ahard elbow into the animal's ribcage. "NOW!!!"
Amaryllis was frozen in fear, ehr feet planted. She wouldn't move. Sauche growled at her resolutely and grabbed the animalby theneck, trying to keep hold, finally, she twisted her arms to the side. There was a cracking noise, and the wolf fell still. "You see why the wood is dangerous?!" She asked, her back had scratches on it, she could feel the warm blood running over her body in tiny currents. "BECAUSE THINGS KILL YOU! That wolf FOLLOWED us! YOU SEE?! Sometimes you can't escape fate, even if you run."
Old 07-01-2002, 09:30 AM   #248
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya nodded at the pup in agreement with the dark elf, but felt a bit hurt and confused for Rudhchamion would not look at her and seemed to brush aside her questions. She would not think of that now though, when there was planning to be done.

Both elves turned to the wolf pup, eager to hear what the canine had to say,

"Please," Anarya asked gently, hoping the memories would not be too upsetting for him, "Do tell us,"
Old 07-01-2002, 10:13 AM   #249
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

GreatWarg has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Khelek's tail twitched and his eyes narrowed a bit, trying to remember how exactly he had found himself in Mirkwood; all the way across Middle-earth from his home.

We were out hunting, quite far from the Valley of Rivendell, I suppose. We were further away from the Ford than I've ever been, in any case. Then there was the scent of Wargs. We thought that they might've come from the Misty Mountains, because Rivendell is so close to them. But that wasn't all we smelt. Khelek whined in distress. Rûdhchamion and Anarya waited patiently for the pup to start again.

Soon, the sound of a battalion of Orcs could be heard very clearly, and I think the had some trolls with them too. It was the break of dawn at that time. Me and my siblings were sent back to Rivendell, while my sire gathered all the nearby wolf packs. Khelek sighed mentally, and the two Elves exchanged meaningful glances. And then... there were Orcs swarming all over the place... I don't think they dared attack Rivendell yet... not without risk of being drowned by the flood that Elrond would've created... but... I don't know what happened to my family... The wolf pup rolled over, exposing the fur on his stomach, and whimpered as if remembering great pain.

The Orcs traveled for many days. They went south through Moria, then went wide north from Lorien, crossed the Great River, and I think they were making for... for... the pup's voice shuddered and broke off. Then in a dreaded whisper. Dol Goldur. Rûdhchamion too a deep breath.

"Did you see any emblem on their helms?" he asked the shivering pup gently.

On their helms... Khelek thought. There was an emblem... a large, red eye. The Eye of Sauron. The dell had suddenly become eerily quiet. Only the soft plop as a drop of dew dripped from a whithered tree's twig.
Old 07-01-2002, 03:09 PM   #250
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya stroked the pup's fur sympathetically. For such a little one, he'd been through so much. Khelek stopped trembling with fear at remembering the terrible experience and was calm now. Khelek looked up at her, his blue eyes bright and true yet deep hurt seemed embedded within them. A hurt which, unfortunatly, could probably be never healed.

"Worry not my friend," She whispered quietly to the pup, "You shall have vengence for your lost innocence."

Khelek seemed to smile then, in his own little way.

"What do you think of his tale? Does it in anyway fit with yours," Anarya asked Rudhchamion, not looking up from the pup...
Old 07-03-2002, 05:06 AM   #251
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The dark elf drew close to Anarya and the young wolf. He looked grimly at the white pup, reaching out to stroke Khelek. He glanced at the young elf maiden, who looked at the young wolf sympathetically.

"Take heart, Khelek, perhaps several of your family was able to escape," Rûdhchamion tried to comfort the white wolf. Then with a cold glint in his eyes he said, "but know that they will be avenged."

"It is but another piece of the puzzle. Khelek's encounter is but a duplicate of the fate of my kin," He sighed, his brows furrowed thoughtfully. He was once more in control of his emotion, and as before, did not allow himself to grieve until he fulfilled his oath. "Long ago when I was but a few summers old, in the great battle of what was called The Last Alliance, the Dark Lord was defeated. Alas, many great warriors paid with their lives. I witnessed from afar the banner of Gil-Galad held high by Master Elrond. I had seen the flash of Aeiglos until Gil-Galad had fallen, and his spear broken. Your own lord, Thranduil, too was there - and a few men considered steadfast friends to the elvenkind.

Before the great battle, a great shadow seemed to cover Greenwood. Even now it seems, the darkness still lingers. It is rumored in hushed whispers among my people that another has taken the Dark Lord's place. Some say he was not completely vanquished. How this is so - I cannot say."

Rûdhchamion fell silent. He was in deep thought, a dread filling his mind, but he did not voice it out. He was still unsure, and until he was certain, he decided not to worry his companions.

Khelek listened thoughtfully.

"There is but one way to truly find out the answers we seek. There is little doubt in my mind that we go towards the heart of the matter."

The dark elf found himself looking at the young maiden before him. He silently cursed himself for allowing her to be in harm's way. He should have never agreed with Legolas to have her come with him.

Without thinking, he reached out to brush a strand of the elf maiden's golden hair away from her face. It startled her and she looked at him and slightly blushed, sitting up straight.

"I did not mean to worry you so," the dark elf finally said, he caressed her cheek softly and pulled his hand away. "A dire task is before us. One I cannot shirk from. It is were my fate leads me. But my heart fills with dread that you would come to harm."
Old 07-03-2002, 08:17 AM   #252
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya said nothing for a while, too surprised at his touch.

"I won't come to harm," She answered softly, "I haven't even been injured yet. You've been wounded twice,"

Rudhchamion grinned at that.

"And anyway," Anarya continued, "If we did get into some more combat, a group of three is better than two. You might need protecting and Khelek would need protecting too. Isn't that so?" She asked, the pup wagged his tail and said nothing back, looking up at her.

"Besides," She said, "I am quick and silent maybe I can help looking and spying upon the orcs or whatever we may meet there."

She knew she was being a bit flipant with her description of the inhabitants of Dol Goldur, but she had never seen this great dark place and could not fathom its evil.

"Why do I find myself always having to defend my stay with you anyway?" She asked smiling, "I also have some ideas on this Dol Goldur that may be put to some use, and how do you know this is not where my fate leads me?"

[ July 03, 2002: Message edited by: Anarya SilverBranch ]
Old 07-05-2002, 03:20 AM   #253
Gayahithwen
Wight

Gayahithwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

Just when Gayahithwen was about to reach Sauche and Amaryllis, they ran off again and suddenly two wolves got out of the forest and chased after them. Trying to stop as fast as possible, Gayahithwen once again tripped. One of the wolves heard her and looked around at her. In an instant she got up again, desperatly trying to get up her knife, the only weapon she was carrying. The wolf was so near her that she knew that if she ran away, it would catch up with her in only a few paces and kill her right away. Finnaly, she got up her knife and in the same second, the wolf jumped at her. She tried to stick the knife in him somewhere, but wasn't sure if she managed to or not. Finally, her knife fell out of her hand and rolled away. Shutting her eyes she tried not to think about the wolfs aproaching fangs.
Old 07-05-2002, 03:43 AM   #254
Gayahithwen
Wight

Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

Daegon was just some few steps behind the elven girl when she tripped. She got up again really fast this time, not slow as the last time, when he had nearly decided to see if she was allright. She tried to reach her knife, looking at something he suddenly realised was a wolf. Getting his sword out, he moved closer.
Then, the wolf attacked. Everything went so fast that when Daegon finally got to move, the girl was allready under the wolf, her knife without reach from her. She had closed her eyes, as if trying to escape the horrible fangs in front of her. With a scream, he hit the wolf from the side with his sword, not killing it, but enough to get it away from the girl. Now, the wolf turned towards him, but as he repeatedly hit him with the sword, the wolf slowly collapsed in a heap on the ground. Sighing hard, he sat down on the ground, looking at the elven girl who lied next to him. She was covered in blood, but most of it seemed to be the wolfs. He looked through his pocket for some piece of cloth and started whiping away the blood from the face of the girl.
Old 07-05-2002, 10:18 AM   #255
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Khelek watched the affair with a look, both knowing and slightly amused. Elves, he thought to himself. Grim and remote at some times some times, almost too happy at dark times. No wonder other folk tend not to go into their affairs. Khelek shook his head, ruffling his fur to keep it from tangling. Fate or something else? Khelek thought.

"For a pup not more than one summer, you sure think an awful lot," Anarya said.
Old 07-07-2002, 08:10 AM   #256
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The dark elf chuckled as he turned towards the young white wolf. He was amused by Khelek's insight at times, but it was Anarya's quip that made him grin even more.

Rûdhchamion, still smiling said, "It is said that one should not think too deeply of the affair of elves." He ruffled Khelek's fur, looking fondly at the young wolf.

The dark elf fell silent. The two could see he was in deep thought once more.

"A great task lies before us. More dire than what I had thought," the dark elf finally said.

"I feel I must remember something more..."

Rûdhchamion fell silent once more, gathering his thoughts.
Old 07-07-2002, 07:14 PM   #257
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

"Would it be too painful for you to recount to us what happened with your family?" Anarya asked, trying not to bring the question on too quick, for it was obviously a sensitive subject for the dark elf.

Rudhchamion looked up his grey eyes wide with sadness and remembrance, and Anarya immeadiatly regretted her question.

"Please," coaxed Khelek, "Tell us,"
Old 07-11-2002, 12:21 AM   #258
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The dark elf was in deep thought. He carefully analyzed the past events, trying to connect the past events together with what was happening. He could not push aside the persistent nagging at the back of his mind.

Rûdhchamion sighed deeply, turned to face his companions once more and he began his tale.

“As I said before at the Elvenking’s court, my people were few. We lived moving from one part of the Vale of Anduin to another, along the eaves of Eryn Galen. Last we settled near Leog Ningloron. Hunting was good as we prepared for our feast, as narbereth, sun waning, was about to begin.

It was at this time that one of my mother’s kin came upon two travelers. They were headed for Dale at the foot of Erebor, or so they claimed. They seemed travel-weary, and had but a small horse to carry their burden.

We were about to begin our festivities. My father was presenting the antlers of a large stag that we had hunted that day. There was a sudden shout and several cries of alarm.
We were soon on our their feet, still bewildered. Orc raiders suddenly appeared from around us, and we all went for our bows and spears. Darts and arrows filled the air as armored orcs began their butchery.

We all fought back desperately, but our wooden spears and leather armor were no match against blades of steel. More and more orcs and armored men came with poisoned darts and iron spears.

I watched helplessly as an orc shot a dart at my mother, and as I ran to give aid to my father as he tried to reach her, he too was cut down by one of the men. I heard my sister, Pennnauriel shout out a warning. As I turned to look in her direction, she ran to me and pushed me aside. I caught her as she stiffened and suddenly went limp, a dart embedded at the side of her neck. I felt utterly helpless as I knelt there holding her as she breathed her last.“

He paused a moment, refusing to give in to the dark despair and grief that had washed over him.

“I remember there was an orc who was about to strike with an axe. But several arrows had forced him to back off. He too had an emblem. A red emblem on his armor. It was the Eye.” The dark elf turned a troubled look at Anarya.

“Wait… before we had settled there. There was rumor that a king among men was ambushed around those parts of Leog Ningloron. He was among those that had help defeat the Dark Lord in the battle of the Last Alliance.”

Rûdhchamion sighed and sat back, thinking.
Old 07-11-2002, 08:13 AM   #259
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya nodded mulling the story over in her mind. What could be missing? It seemed as though all the holes in the tale had been filled, there were no obvious mistakes.

Her thoughts were interupted for the moment when there came a sound in the bushes nearby that caught her attention. Khelek's head was alert and his ears were twitching from side to side. Anarya reaced for her dagger as Rudhchamion grabbed his bow, but a stern thought from Khelek made them both put their weapons down,

"Wait,"Khelek's nose seemed to taste the air around him,"That is not the scent of orcs or evil creatures, that scent is plainly human or elf,"
Old 07-11-2002, 10:28 AM   #260
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

The pup was sure of the scent - it was mixed with fear, but fear of dark things that lay in the forest, not of being found by Elves. A faint cry could be heard by the wolf's sensitive ears; it had apparently not heard Rûdhchamion's tale. Khelek's tail twitched.

"I think she needs some help," Khelek said, turning to the two Elves next to him.
Old 07-11-2002, 01:32 PM   #261
Nice-Smeagol
Animated Skeleton

Nice-Smeagol has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

The cloaked figures were riding horses. Huge black ones, not at all like the horses remembered from Mornovarion’s home village. There were nine of them. "The Nazgul?" thought Mornonovarion in horror, he had been one of the wisest in his village, "No, why would the Enemy waste the Nine on a group of mere prisoners". When the riders got within about five meters of the group of orcs and prisoners the lead one leapt of the back of his huge horse. The orcs cowered backed away nervously, forming a group behind the elves. "What are these things?" thought Mornovarion, "They must be terrible indeed if even the orcs retreat in fear".
The leader of the riders now approached the group, and though they could not see its face, Mornovarion was sure it would be smirking, laughing to itself. Suddenly, it spun around and leapt up to face one of the elves. The elf must have seen what lay inside the hood for he screamed and leapt backwards. One of the figure's gloved fists shot out and found its target on the elf's stomach. The elf bent double and the rider grabbed him by the throat and lifted him clean of his feet. Mornovarion gasped; even though the elf must have weighed less than it had done due to malnutrition, lifting it with one had been an amazing feat. Then the figure dropped the elf to the ground and watched him attempt to pull himself to his feet, and then it grabbed the back of his head and thrust it into the murky water. Though some of the elf's flailing arms and legs hit the figure, he didn't seem bothered. Soon the flailing stopped and the elf was still.
Mornovarion was shocked, he knew he could have used this spectacle to escape but his body would not respond to his minds futile commands. He had stood as if spellbound. Why had that ... thing ...killed the elf in cold blood? Why? But there was no time for thinking, the rider had got back on his horse and shouted 'Come!’ Slowly the group had started following.
The mountains of Mordor were in clear view now, like the spine of some great dead creature, with the maggots that were His servants crawling all over it. The orcs were not as rowdy now as they had been, they now hung around at the back of the group as far from the riders as they could. The ground was soft and squashy underneath their feet, and the bottoms of their tunics were stained in mud. The long nights were the worst, when the Candles came. They had been warned against going to see what they were, and any elves who had succumbed to the temptation had been killed outright. The orcs and riders were greedy with their prizes, not willing to let anything else kill them.
After several of what Mornovarion thought were days, it was impossible to tell in this Mordor-Darkness, they came to the Gates of Mordor. The leader of the riders cried out in his sibilant, hissing voice, 'Open in the name of Mordor and Sauron!’ The gates creaked slowly open, and the company passed inside. They were taken by the orcs (the riders had left them, thank Eru) to a room. The sound of screams echoed around the place.
One of the orcs climbed on top of a pedestal and shouted ’Alright, you miserable maggots, you are now prisoners of the one true lord Sauron. Who is you lord?!’ None of the elves answered. The orcs brought out cruel whips and cracked them menacingly. ‘I’ll ask you again,’ shouted the orc, ’WHO IS YOUR LORD?!’
‘Sauron!’ shouted the elves meekly. The ones who hadn’t were quickly dragged into another room. The screams grew louder.
Now the elves were taken to a room that was obviously a prison. The elves were thrown into tiny cells just large enough for one elf to lie down in. It seemed that a timetable had been drawn up, with each elf being allocated a little time to sleep and eat before torture began again. The elves were taken out in groups of five of six to the torture chamber. It was filled with racks and thumbscrews and other such instruments of pain and death. Mornovarion found that the only way to stave off insanity was to not surrender completely to the pain, to keep part of the mind active. He would play little games while he was being tortured, like “Count The Number Of Orcs” and “Spot Patterns On The Walls And Roof”. When in his cell and not sleeping or eating he would beat little tunes on the stone wall of his tiny room with the small wooden spoon that was his only possesion now. He had never been musically-inclined before but it was better than doing nothing. But one question always stuck in his mind; what were the Fell Riders?
Long, long after his first few days, Mornovarion didn’t know how long, in Mordor days were virtually non-existent, one of the fell riders had come into the torture chamber. The orc guards and torturers had cowered behind the racks and the other torture equipment. Then it had said in the common tongue, ‘The Lord requires one of you elves to do a task, it will mean freedom for you and the rest of your village, but take your time. I am willing to wait.’ The torture began again with vengeance. Eventually Mornovarion broke and cried out ‘Stop! I will do your task.’ The orcs had untied him from the rack he had been strapped to, and lifted him following the rider. He got one last view of some of his family and friends, who looked after him with disappointment in their faces, before the door had slammed shut and the screaming began again. He knew that he would never see them again. The Enemy would not keep his promise. It was for himself, that he had chosen to give up, and he hated himself for it. Soon the rider had turned into a room and the orc and he had followed. The rider was sitting at a table with an empty chair facing him. Mornovarion sat down and the rider started to speak, ‘The Lord Sauron is troubled by a realm to the north of where you used to live. It is ruled by King Thranduil. We feel that without a king, this realm would be easily destroyed. However, the watch on his realm is too great for an orc to slip through. We want you, to go into the realm and kill Thranduil.’
Mornovarion was horrified, if he declined now he would be killed, or put back into the torture chambers, but the collapse of Thranduil’s realm would mean the collapse of the whole North-East of Middle Earth. The Dwarves might hold out for a while, but eventually they too would be destroyed. Yet, he could not decline; he was gripped by a sudden urge to accept, to end his own pain. ’Yes’ that was all he said.
‘Excellent’ said the rider. The orc grabbed a branding iron with the shape of the Eye on the end and rammed it onto Mornovarion’s shoulder, he screamed in pain, but it was over in seconds, there was still pain but not as bad as before. Mornovarion looked at the Fell Rider and asked, ‘What are you?’
The Rider laughed, ‘You would like to know, wouldn’t you. It’s been driving you mad all this time. What am I?’ The Rider pulled off its hood. Mornovarion reeled backwards in horror.

[ July 12, 2002: Message edited by: Nice-Smeagol ]

I'm evil I know, but hey, who's gonna stop me! Bwahahahahahahaha!
Old 07-11-2002, 09:11 PM   #262
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sting

Taralphiel wandered through the forest undergrowth. She had been wandering for months, and had gotten used to the pace of it. She had learned to hunt and forage, and had taught herself not to be disgusted by the sight of dead animals. She had learned how to skin rabbits and the like, but this had all taken her a while. She looked at where she was now. It was a dense forest, some parts where thick and dark, almost choking, others were more green and pleasant. But she preferred the dark parts of this forest, it allowed her to hide.

She didn’t know where she was. All she knew was that she was far from home and she wanted it that way. She would never go back.

It had begun to grow dark and the pale moon began to show in slithers through the trees. She picked a tree close to the roadside and climbed it. There she nestled herself against the stump. Looking around, she wondered if this place had a name, or if it was of importance. She had to keep herself steady, she was still not very good at climbing trees, or much else.

It was at these times that she thought about home. She came from the town Calambel, between Gondor and Rohan. She remembered it with both bitter and sweet thoughts. She thought of the hills of Minrimmon, and Calenhad- blue and beautiful in the morning. She also remembered squinting to see the white towers of Minas Tirith over the plains. There were few forests, and so much smaller than this one. She remembered her mother telling her about elves being in a huge forest, but she dismissed that. Her mother had a preoccupation with elves. She always told her that she had elven heritage, and that was why she was given that name. She wished she had been given a more normal name when she was younger, but she didn’t care now. Someone loved her name. He loved her name.

That was when she tried to sleep but couldn’t. She would not sleep all night, and began to talk to herself. “You’ll find him Don’t worry” she whispered. But it had been a long time, and she hadn’t found him. It had been far too long.

That was the reason she had left. Her mother didn’t want her to marry him but she had, and then he left. He was ordered to leave. He said he would find her. So she left too. That was what had happened. But Taralphiel felt no shame. She needed to leave that place. Her story was beyond her home, she knew that much.

And so she sat in that tree and eventually dozed off. In the morning she was woken by a small beam of sunlight that had shone through the trees onto her face. She got up and managed to ease herself out of the tree. She then went to collect firewood to keep her warm. She spotted a large felled branch and went towards it.

Making her way forward, she tripped over a tree root. Cursing under her breath, she heard voices.
“Defeating dark lords? Hmm…better lay quiet”
Old 07-12-2002, 09:36 AM   #263
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya crept to a fallen brach where the figure sat, crumpled up, trying to hide.

"Hello," she said softly.

The figure looked up at her, it was a mortal woman. Anarya looked in surprise at the human.

What was a mortal doing in Mirkwood, especially a woman? Her grandfather had told her about mortals, nice mortals who didn't go around giving alliances to dark lords and such. He had said that mortal women marry and stay close to home with the children. Well this woman didn't have any children and definently was not close to home.

"What are you doing here?" Anarya asked. She heard Khelek trot up to the mortal. He sat quietly wagging his tail and smiling his puppy smile at the newcomer.

The woman seemed speechless for a moment. Anarya decided that was too much of a question for the moment.

"Would you like something to eat?" Anarya asked.

"Yes," came the reply, slow and wary.

Anarya smiled wider, "What is your name?" She asked.

"Taralphiel."

"Its nice to meet you Taraphiel, I'm Anarya," She held out her hand to help the mortal woman up from the forest floor...

[ July 12, 2002: Message edited by: Anarya SilverBranch ]
Old 07-13-2002, 05:47 AM   #264
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The dark elf stayed hidden in the shadow of the trees, yet making sure he would be able to act should anything force him too. He eyed the female suspiciously. Noticing her features, he guessed she had some elven blood. Rûdhchamion stayed still, watching the exchange between Anarya and the girl.

What could possibly have brought the girl out in this part of Greenwood? She was not raised in the wilds, but seemed to have adapted to it. Her presence arose both his curiosity and suspicion. With so many strange events, it was best to be alert.

He recalled suddenly the strange elf, Mornovarion, wondering silently how Tinuiel was dealing with him.

Rûdhchamion watched as Khelek drew near the young mortal. The young white wolf slowly wagged his tail in greeting. He decided to come out in the open, but he kept his thoughts to himself and stayed silent.
He still kept a wary eye on the half-elven girl.
Old 07-13-2002, 02:57 PM   #265
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Khelek let out a long whine, as if to get attention. He gave a sly wolf grin as the mortal gently rubbed his stomach. Anarya smiled, but saw that Rûdhchamion, however, was not so quick to trust this mortal as the wolf pup was.
Old 07-13-2002, 09:19 PM   #266
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya led Taralphiel to their little encampment. She gave her some rabbit meat they had had the night before and watched the mortal hungrily devour the food.

"How long has it been since you ate?" Anarya asked with a smile.

"Too long," came the answer,

Khelek sat contentedly at the feet of the woman, his tail wagging.

Anarya looked over at Rudhchamion. He stood to the side, out in the open now, eyeing Taralphiel suspiciously. Anarya stood and walked over to where the dark elf stood.

"Whats the matter?" She asked looking at him then their newcomer, "Does something trouble you? Why don't you come and meet her, she is really quite nice,"

She smiled encouragingly at him, hoping he would take her advice...
Old 07-14-2002, 08:38 AM   #267
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rûdhchamion kept silent as he looked at Anarya. He turned his gaze towards the girl and was about to say something, but thought better of it. The girl continued eating the meal she had been offered, confirming his suspicion that she was not use to the life in the wilds.

He took a step back, trying to avoid the elf maiden’s gaze. She would expect him to welcome her, of course. He sighed inwardly, it would be no good in arguing with her. And Khelek seemed to find no malice in the young female.

He finally drew near the girl, Taralphiel, and offered her a waterskin. She stared up at him before taking it warily from his hand. He sat on a fallen tree across from her.

“You are not from these parts,” the dark elf said, his face a mask. Anarya noticed the guarded look still in his eyes. Khelek gave out a silent inquery which Rûdhchamion ignored momentarily.

The young female slowly met his gaze as Anarya sat near Taralphiel.
Old 07-14-2002, 08:49 AM   #268
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya shook her head as she next to Taralphiel.

"Really," Anarya said with a grin, "He's not as serious as he seems,"

"I like her," Khelek looked up at Anarya with his big blue eyes. She smiled.

"Now," Anarya said turning to Taralphiel, "You must tell me what brings you to Mirkwood"
Old 07-15-2002, 07:16 AM   #269
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Hearing the sounds of movement towards her, the maiden cringed and curled away from the oncomers. She looked up, dumbstruck. An elf maiden looked down on her. Her eyes sparkled brighter than the stars and were filled with compassion. She had never seen such elven beauty and did not know how to address it. She said her name was Anarya, and asked where she was from. She could not make out the words, but responded gratefully when asked if she was hungry. It had been so long since she had tasted proper food.

Taralphiel looked down to see a wolf pup come cheerfully up to her. Its snow white coat had a brilliance she had never before seen. She was seeing many wonderful things today, she thought. This puppy cane to her with such trust, and its eyes seemed to be crying something out, though she could not read them.

She was lead back to their camp and took their food and ate it with haste. It was then she first saw the strange elf appear, as if from nowhere. But she had a slight feeling this maiden had not come with only the pup, who was now enjoying her attention. She noticed he was not light haired like the girl, Anarya, but dark haired. “A dark elf” she thought, remembering her mothers’ tales. He warily offered her a waterskin, and she soothed her parched throat. She thanked all the gods for this clean, cool water and this merciful elves and friendly pup. Anarya walked away and talked in hushed tones to the elf before, and she new he was hesitant. She could not blame him, and continued to eat.

“He’s not as serious as he seems” said Anarya as she took a seat beside her. She then asked for her story. Taralphiel slowly began

“I come from the town of Calembel, in Gondor. I did not know I was in Greenwood, but was following a trail. You see, I married a Rohirrim in Gondor, but my family did not approve. He was ordered to leave. I gave him my ring to keep him safe and told him I would follow him. He said he would leave markings for me to follow….” Taralphiel then drew the elven rune for T in the dirt with her finger.

“I’ve been following his trail since…You will not arrest me will you...” She trailed off, realising she had told some of her most private thoughts to strangers. It had all come out so easily. She figured it must have been because she had been alone for so long, that she needed to tell someone. She looked up at their faces, to see of their reply
Old 07-15-2002, 09:35 AM   #270
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya smiled. It all sounded terribly romantic to her. A forbidden marriage, a banishment, a secret trail to follow to true love. She smiled and wished inwardly that she was a mortal to have such wonderful adventures. It seemed to her that her own adventure was more dangerous and serious than that of Taralphiel's.

She glanced over at Rudhchamion. He sat unmoved by the mortal girl's tale. His grey eyes set as they were a few minutes before. She shook her head and smiled softly.

"Oh, Rudhchamion," She thought to herself, "If only you could learn to loosen up around others,"

"Here, here!" came the answer from Khelek.

Anarya looked down at the wolf and ruffled his fur on the top of his head.

"Well Taralphiel," Anarya said with a smile, "We won't arrest you, so worry not, you will be able to find your love,"

Taralphiel smiled brightly.

"But we seem to be heading in the direction, so why don't you travel with us for a while?"

Rudhchamion coughed, "Um, Anarya, may I speak to you for a moment?"

Anarya looked at the dark elf, puzzled for a second, then turned back to the mortal.

"Will you excuse me for a moment?" She said then stood and walked over to Rudhchamion who led her away from the encampment. Once they were out of an earshot he began to speak.

"Anarya are you crazy?" He inquired looking down at her.

"No," Anarya answered, "I just felt some pity for the poor girl-"

"and that is exactly what my mother told my father before they were killed!" Rudhchamion interrupted, "Pity is a dangerous thing,"

"Rudhchamion," Anarya continued, "Look at her, she couldn't hurt a fly! And we haven't felt the presence of any unwanted guests anywhere,"

"Yes, but she could lead us into a trap or-" Rudhchamion tried to reason.

"Shes not leading, we are," Anarya said.

Rudhchamion sighed, "Alright, alright, but only for a little while,"

"Thank you," Anarya said, smiling so wide that she felt as though her cheek would burst. She gave him a small kiss on the cheek and ran back to the camp area.

She was so curious about mortal life and promised herself to ask every question that entered her mind...
Old 07-15-2002, 09:50 AM   #271
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Though the girl couild not hear the conversation, Khelek could. And he knew by the slightly surprised look at Rudhchamion came back with meant something too. Secretly, the wolf grinned. "I wonder what Anarya did..." Taralphiel slowly stroked the pup's soft, silky fur. Anarya was smiling, in a mischivious sort of way. "Hm... yes, Rudhchamion was certainly taken by surprise too..."
Old 07-15-2002, 10:36 PM   #272
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rûdhchamion was not surprised when the elf maiden argued on behalf of the half-elf. He was more surprised when Anarya kissed him on the cheek. It had taken him a few minutes to shake off the initial shock and control the grin that was starting to form at the corner of his mouth. Knowing the young wolf’s attentiveness to details, he waited a few seconds more before joining them.

He sighed inwardly. As he came nearer, Khelek flashed him a wolfish grin, even the young female glanced slightly at him.

“Very well, Taralphiel. My companions have convinced me that it would do well to let you come with us, “ he caught Khelek’s mischievous wink at Anarya, who was smiled back at the pup.

“I am curious though of your tale. You mentioned you were following his trail… but we are in the vicinity of the enemy. Dol Goldur has never been a warm place to those of the Rohirrim. Tell us, if it you know more on the circumstances of your separation.”

She needs our aid, the young wolf stated firmly, still amused at the dark elf’s reaction to Anarya unexpected kiss.

The dark elf sighed and turned to his two companions, smiling slightly, if not somewhat shyly at Anarya. “It may be that her tale can be of aid to our quest as well.”

He returned his gaze to Taralphiel.
Old 07-16-2002, 08:27 AM   #273
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

When Rudhchamion came stumbling back into camp, Anarya could not help but want to laugh. She smiled inwardly and looked over at the mortal. In truth Anarya had looked the same way Rudhchamion did right then when he had been so open with his feelings. It served him right.

She was happy, though, that she had convinced him to let them travel with the mortal.

She waited patiently for the moment to ask her all the questions about the outside world that buzzed in her mind.
Old 07-17-2002, 06:41 AM   #274
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

The elf maiden smiled at Taralphiel and told her she would not be arrested. She sighed with relief.
"All I needed now is to be thrown in jail...But what will happen to me now?"
Anarya then sent forward the invitation to join the troop. No sooner had she said it then she was whisked away by the dark elf for 'a waord'. She began to feel nervous.

"He will never trust me. But that is his way I suppose"

She looked at the stern look on his face as he turned away. She 'felt' something. She had an ability of observation from a young age and studied Rudchamion's manner. He was holding a burden on his houlders-a heavy and painful one. But one that was very secret. Could this be the reason for his cold manner?

While they were gone she patted the wolf pup. Khelek almost smiled at her. He looked at her so intently, she thought.
"What are you trying to say to me Khelek?"

At that moment Anarya came back to the camp with a smile on her face. Rudchamion came in after, looking shaken, or shocked.
"What did she say?"

Rudchamion then told her she was free to come with her. He then looked at her sternly and said: “I am curious though of your tale. You mentioned you were following his trail… but we are in the vicinity of the enemy. Dol Goldur has never been a warm place to those of the Rohirrim. Tell us, if it you know more on the circumstances of your separation.”

She stared at him, but did not know what to say. It was then, for this first time, that she ever feared what Eriador was doing. She looked him in the eyes. They were unforgiving. She stood up and said clearly,
"I understand youre concern, Rudchamion. I do not know a lot of these things. I know that Eriador is high in the guard among the Rohirrim, and his father is a close servant to their king. What he is doing, I do not know. I now fear for his life"

She bowed her head and avoided his eyes. Khelek and Anarya watched them. Then he spoke...

[ July 17, 2002: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 07-17-2002, 06:48 AM   #275
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

It had been a long while since Legolas had left, but the patrols had kept their vigilance. As was expected of them. They had earned Thranduil’s displeasure before, and had no plans of doing so again. The tall elf was on patrol and a commotion had caught his attention. He had run ahead of his companions.

Rinurion saw the stranger leaning over the unconscious female elf he often saw at the kitchens. As he crept silently unnoticed towards him, he noticed he wiping blood off her face. It was another male elf, but unlike the one who had gained the Elvenking’s pardon. He readied his bow.

“Halt, stranger! What is your business in the Greenwood? Intruders are not welcome here.”

He was wary, and kept his arrow aimed at the stranger. He heard his companions’ footsteps drew near.
Old 07-17-2002, 08:55 AM   #276
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

Sauche sighed. "C'mon, let's get you home..."
[OOC-uhh...hey...bored.]
Old 07-17-2002, 09:54 AM   #277
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Khelek curled up where he sat and listened to the conversation. Rudhchamion has gained his usual composure back, and started to take interest in the mortal, though not as much as Anarya did. Would they be taking this mortal to Dol Goldur with them? It might lead to that. But what could they hope to do, once at Dol Goldur? Certainly two Elves alone couldn't storm the Tower alone? Khelek's tail twitched.

"We shouldn't stay here too long," he cautioned. "There are evil things about; I can sense them."
Old 07-17-2002, 12:38 PM   #278
Gayahithwen
Wight

Sting

When he just had finished with whiping away blood from the elven maids face, Daegon heard the a sound and then a harsh, male voice.

“Halt, stranger! What is your business in the Greenwood? Intruders are not welcome here.”

When he looked up, he saw an elven male he had seen sometime before, ages ago, pointing his bow towards him. Behind him some other elves were aproaching. Swallowing hard, he stood up, his hands in front of him, so the elf wouldn't hurt him.

"I'm Daegon, commander of a smaller group of guards that patroll in a totally different area. I had some business in these suroundings, when I saw this girl being attacked by a warg - the same one as you see there. You are.. Tina.. Finu.. Rinurion, right?"

In the corner of his eye, he noticed the maiden starting to move. Aparently, she was starting to wake up.
Old 07-18-2002, 10:21 AM   #279
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya looked down at the wolf pup seriously. Khelek seemed to have a very keen sense of others around him.

Anarya looked over her shoulder into the shadowed wood. Something was lurking, something dark. She looked over at Rudhchamion. He seemed to feel it's presence too. Even Taralphiel, the mortal, seemed to sense something.

A dark shadow caught her eye. Rudhchamion stood and drew an arrow, Anarya following suit. She drew her dagger and passed it to the mortal.

"Be wary," She heard Rudhchamion say, "Something draws near,"
Old 07-19-2002, 02:08 AM   #280
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Taralphiel was about to weep when a strange feeling fell over. It seemed to shroud her and she felt cold. She looked up to see Rudchamion had allready drawn his bow. Anarya handed her a dagger. She looked at it warily.

She moved close to Khelek and pointed to the forest "I can feel it coming". The pup consoled her and they waited.