Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2005, 05:11 PM   #881
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Fair enough, Saucy - and it was fun to read even though I have not had the opportunity to see Dok-Dorhu!

I couldn't resist continuing with a post in a similar vein to my previous one. If it makes your saves difficult to handle, you're welcome to move them again, of course.

Diamond has let me know that she won't be posting soon, so unless Lush surprises us with a post, we can finish this off. Please let me know if you plan to post and if anything specific needs to be planned.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 08-28-2005, 06:25 AM   #882
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Eye

Hmm, we are moving from the realms of parody into satire ...

A wonderful post, Esty!

I have two more posts for the battle. One will fill in my current Save (which I have moved to after Esty's latest). The other will run into Esty's post to finish off the battle. I would rather spilt them up, so does anyone else plan on posting before my penultimate battle post?
Old 09-05-2005, 09:35 AM   #883
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I apologize for the delay. I have been sidelined for the past week or so due to uncontrollable circumstances. I will fill in my save later this week.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:25 PM   #884
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Ok, I put a post I should be able to fill after Tuesday; after my wiritng professor gets off my back for about two minutes, that is. That woman is a tiger.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:24 AM   #885
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I have (at last) filled in my save on page 7. Sorry for the delay. I have been indisposed...
Old 09-15-2005, 06:14 AM   #886
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
"Indisposed" sounds awfully close to "ill" - hope you're well now, Mith, and thanks for posting! I enjoyed reading your account of the Velour's *hesitance* to participate (that is putting it so mildly that it's actually canonical! ) - their rousing reminds me of the Ents. Now I look forward to seeing what they cook up - just remember, it can't be the decisive stroke! Yawanna is waiting on the sidelines, hoping her cue comes before she forgets her lines...
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 09-25-2005, 03:17 PM   #887
Lush
Fair and Cold

Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
I'm sorry

Dear Guys and Girls,

I've been pretty indisposed lately myself, and was finally coming out of funk to sit down and write Leninia's farewell post and try to actually make it funny and coherent for once.

This morning I found out that my darling sweet beautiful cousin Yaroslava was killed in a car crash. She was twenty-seven years old.

I hope that you can give me some time off. Try as I might, all words fail me. I'm not even sure how I'm managing to type this right, I don't think it's sunk in yet.

I'm really sorry to be holding everyone up. I hope that you can understand. Will resurrect Leninia as soon as I am able.

Take care.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:59 PM   #888
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

My dear Lush, I'm so sorry to hear of it! How terrible for you and all of your family. Please don't worry about the RPG - you have enough more important things on your mind now, and I'm sure you won't feel like writing comedy. We'll carry on without you and you can jump back in when you're able to. Will you delete your save or would you like one of the mods/admins to do so?

There's one save left then, Saucy's. Mith, are you planning to post about the Velour effort next? Then Saucy's second post, then mine for Yawanna. If anyone knows of a reason why this plan should not be carried through, let him speak now...
Old 09-25-2005, 04:13 PM   #889
Lush
Fair and Cold

Yo, I went ahead and deleted the save myself. Thank you so much for your kind words.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:44 PM   #890
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Very sorry to hear of your family's bereavement Lush. My sympathies are with you and your family.

Esty, I have been away but I will try to fill my save this week.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:22 PM   #891
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Hold your ground, hold your ground. RPGers of Gondor, of Rohan, my breth/sist-ren. I see in my screen the same inertia that would take the creativity of me. A day may come when the save of Saucepan is filled, when we may continue the tale and search for scant remnants of storyline, but it is not this day. A scrap of mirth and scattered laughs, when the post of Sauce slips awkwardly in, but it is not this day. This day we wait! By all that you hold dear in this good Mirth, I bid you stand, Guys and Gals of the Quest!

Seriously, I am working on my post. There's quite a bit of ground to cover, but I could (indeed would prefer to) split it in two if anyone else wants to contribute to the battle. If so, speak now as I will be in a position to post at least the first half of my planned post within the next day or so.

Oh and Mith. Did you propose posting anything about the Velour having second thoughts? I could include something in my post if not.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:20 AM   #892
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Saucy, please do go ahead and post that first half as soon as you have it finished! Perhaps someone will be unexpectedly inspired by it; perhaps Mith will post for the Velour in arms; and if nothing else I might come up with something to fill in. Bb has her invitational post after your save, so you wouldn't be posting back to back in any case. As to other possibilities, I doubt that Thena will be able to post at the time, but if Rim is still with us, he might; I don't know about Kuru...

Oh, and nice speech, Saucy!
Old 09-28-2005, 03:09 AM   #893
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
I'd be happy to post a brief Hal perspective, just let me know when so as not to disrupt the post order.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:14 AM   #894
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Okey dokey. I'll try to get the first half up tonight and then see what happens.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:26 AM   #895
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

I'm in too. If need be, I could post next. Let me know.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:00 PM   #896
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

'Tis done.

I have one more, hopefully shorter, post to put up before Yawanna arrives. In the meantime, please feel free to go ahead, Rim, Mith and anyone else for whom inspiration may strike.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:36 AM   #897
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Ok. So just a Hal still stuck in the action post is suitable?
Old 09-29-2005, 06:16 AM   #898
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Anything along the line of active battling (or avoiding such...) without final results is just fine, Rim.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:13 PM   #899
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Great posts, Saucy and Rim! I hope to comment more when I have time to concentrate, but I do want to let you know how much I enjoyed your contributions!
Old 10-07-2005, 01:18 PM   #900
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Just a brief look back before we hurry ahead...

Saucy, your alliterations are so much fun to read! I chuckled over Greedhog's talking - and his echo of "Bones" McCoy! Do you think WhoHim's cry "Plot shall come again!" is canonical?! It seems too unlikely. The story development makes me curious to see how it will continue! Nice to have Reaperneep mentioned again.

Rim, how nice to have you posting again! It was a treat to see things from Hal's point of view for a bit there, though apparently his view is now rather impaired. The voice in his head seems related to the alter egos some Downs members have!

Now, to continue - Mith, then Saucy again, then me for Yawanna, right?
Old 10-07-2005, 03:54 PM   #901
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
The Return(?) of Thenamir

Ladies and Gentlemen (and assorted other races):

I apologize for my near-total absence over the last 6-8 weeks. I lost my job, and have been diligently searching for a new one while juggling ever-so-carefully my dwindling supply of silver pennies. I am now re-employed in Phoenix, leaving the wife and kids in Houston for the time being, as I hope that my old job will open back up in January. This is, I hope, a temporary position.

In the meantime, though, I have lots of time, but no computer except at work. I will attempt to contribute to the ongoing conclusion of our long-term adventure as I am able. Onward!

Thenamir the Bewildered
Old 10-17-2005, 01:24 PM   #902
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Mith? Saucy? Anyone posting soon?
Old 10-17-2005, 05:03 PM   #903
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Well, I was waiting for Mith, but I can go ahead if you want.

I'm away for most of this week, but I should be able to post something over the weekend or early next week. It will take us into Yawanna's arrival, so if anyone wants to post anything else in the battle, post now or forever hold your keys ...
Old 10-20-2005, 07:16 AM   #904
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Oh my goodness!

*swoons*

Three saves - Thena, Mith, and Rim too - all within two days, and the promise of Saucy's post after that! Lots to which I can look forward - but I asks you nicely, I begs even, please get them written soon!
Old 10-20-2005, 05:31 PM   #905
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

My save is filled in. Saucepan, I hope you didn't really need... well you'd better read it...
Old 10-21-2005, 07:29 AM   #906
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Moi aussi. I'm not sorry to any one person...
Old 10-21-2005, 08:01 AM   #907
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Er - the idea was for the battle to continue until Yawanna turns up to save the day ...

And wasn't the Valar's gesture supposed to be futile?

Really, what is this preoccupation with sudden and battle-turning events? It just means that Mogul's going to have to introduce (or reintroduce) yet more forces of darkness to the field.

Oh well, c'est la vie ... er ... mort.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:21 AM   #908
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Yes, I made a point of saying 'only those particular orcs', because I have a suspicion more fiends will appear as required...
Old 10-22-2005, 12:40 PM   #909
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Great posts, Mith and Rim! Well, well, no one had thought of using "mooning" yet, so there are actually new parody ideas out there! However, the disappearance of so many foes does challenge our inventiveness, as the battle isn't over till the fat lady ... I chuckled over the revisionist history mentions, Mith! Nice use of "Day Ussex Makkinna", Rim! Somehow the Eagles weren't quite Tolkienish, though...

Saucy, whenever you want to proceed, you may do so - Thena will fit his post into the chink he chose for his save, I'm sure.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:47 PM   #910
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Very well. I have revived half of the evil forces by editing my post. Do with them as you see fit. I don't think Rim's post necessarily requires any changes.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:57 PM   #911
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Thanks, Mith! That does help...
Old 10-24-2005, 09:04 AM   #912
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Quote:
I don't think Rim's post necessarily requires any changes.
That is not to say, however, that I cannot do so if required. Sauce?
Old 10-24-2005, 10:08 AM   #913
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Thanks Mith for making the alteration. It saves yet more verbose summoning up of additional troops on my part.

Rim, I'll review and let you know, but I don't think there will be any need.

Needless to say, my earlier comment was not intended in any way to impugn the quality of both posts. I enjoyed them immensely.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:00 PM   #914
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Gateskeeper post up. Wish I'd had more time to work on it. Real life and the fact that I do not have a computer at my cheap hotel (the YMCA again) have prevented me from being more involved and from spending as much time as I'd like in creative thought.

Esty has requested the post immediately to follow, so I put up a save for her.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:19 PM   #915
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Oh good! Greedhog's back ...

And it looks like Hush went through the regeneration field too.

I still have my post to put up before Esty's battle-concluding one. It would go rather nicely after your excellent contribution, Thena, so would you mind deleting your Save, so that I can put it up?

I promise to do it this week. Dark Lord's honour ...
Old 11-01-2005, 03:42 AM   #916
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Ah - I see that Esty's forthcoming post is not the conclusion of the battle. I've added a save after hers which is intended to lead into Yawanna's arrival.

Any objections, or are we all agreed that this battle has lasted long enough?
Old 11-01-2005, 03:56 AM   #917
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

I removed the save. If the order needs shifting, just ask.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:22 AM   #918
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man

Thanks, Rim, for deleting the save!
Old 11-01-2005, 05:34 AM   #919
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Quote:
In story time or real time?
Old 11-01-2005, 07:35 AM   #920
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimbaud
In story time or real time?
Aren't they the same?