The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2003, 06:04 PM   #121
Arwen Evenstar

Arwen Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen Evenstar Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Evenstar
This morning before school, I walked into my brothers room to find him scrubbing at his bed sheet. For some stupid reason he had slept with a pen in his pocket and it exploded. I couldn`t help myself. Grinning at him in a Gollumish way I replied, "What`s it doing?! You stupid fat Hobbit! It ruins it!!!" Then I ran out of the room lughing my head off. It was so funny! The way he looked at me looked just like the way Sam always looks at Gollum!
Arwen Evenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 07:04 PM   #122
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Shield

Have you ever noticed when Eomer says that they killed the Orcs and left none alive; Gimli says, "They're dead..." Then there's a shot of Eomer pausing then nodding just before he says his next line. My brother and I can't help but say during that pause: "...yes, yes that's what you would call it..."
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 08:11 PM   #123
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> My brother and I can't help but say during that pause: "...yes, yes that's what you would call it..." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> Hee hee. I'm gonna think of that whenever I watch that scene, now... That's funny...<P>I love the look Sam gives Gollum when he calls him a "stupid fat hobbit" It's hilarious...I feel bad for Sam, though. *cuddles Sam* I love him... Still... It's funny. *Cuddled Sam moves away* Well poo. See if I ever feel bad for you again. ...I'm talking to myself again, aren't I? Gotta stop doing that...
Old 09-03-2003, 08:26 PM   #124
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arwen Eruantale has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Eruantale
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Now you're going to have my eyes burning all night from trying to watch the scene & catch 'the trip'.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Man... Me too now.

Will you pay attention?
Arwen Eruantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 08:52 PM   #125
Mithisilien
Haunting Spirit

Mithisilien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

These are all so funny! I don't have time to read all of the posts right now, so tell me if this is already up. When Faramir has Gollum in the cave in TTT and Gollum is talking to himself:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR><BR>Gollum: They stole it from us!!<BR>Faramir: What did they steal? <BR>Gollum: My.....PRECIOUS!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>right when Gollum screams, his face looks like a little kid throwing a temper tantrum. It reminds me so much of my sister!!! It cracks me up every time.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:12 PM   #126
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>like a little kid throwing a temper tantrum. It reminds me so much of my sister!!! It cracks me up every time. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I forgot about that one, Mithsilien! *laughing* I lose it every time.

Will you pay attention?
Old 09-04-2003, 12:28 PM   #127
Rochelle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rochelle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out [couldn't read 'em all...] but in TTT does anyone notice that Brego has split identities? When he nudges Aragorn at first he has a huge white start on his forehead, and no white on his lips, as well as two hind white socks and no white front ones. Well...continue on a bit and you come to find out his star has shrunk, theirs white on his lips and now he has three white socks *lol* A little detail I happened to pick up.

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens"
Rochelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 06:56 PM   #128
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>yes, yes that's what you would call it..."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> lol. Now I'm going to have that stuck in my head every time I see it!
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 09:14 PM   #129
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

When you are watching TTT next, watch for the tripping scene. Legolas is pointing and then they camera pans around to a wide shot, you have to watch realy close but if you do there as they are all running the elf trips.<P>Also, have you noticed how when Aragorn cuts Lurz's arm off no blood spurts out. <P>And in TTT when they are all waiting for the empending battle of Helms Deep, It starts raining, and you can see it in Theoden's face, " And I thaught it coudn't get any worse."
Old 09-05-2003, 10:38 AM   #130
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Also, have you noticed how when Aragorn cuts Lurz's arm off no blood spurts out. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I always thought that scene looked extremly fake, not counting the blood factor. But I suppose you have to keep it PG-13 . Still, it is rather unrealistic that Lurtz gets his arm hacked off without loseing any blood! <P> I always roll my eyes at this part:<BR>Sam: "I thought I'd lost you!" <P>Frodo: "What are you talking about?"<P> Well, what do you think he's talking about? He couldn't see you & thought he'd lost his master all ready. Really, why would Frodo ask him that? <p>[ September 05, 2003: Message edited by: The Only Real Estel ]
Old 09-05-2003, 11:21 AM   #131
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Frodo: "What are you talking about?"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah, I never really grasped the purpose of that line. But I suppose that <I>might</I> be the first phrase to pop into my head if it happened to me...who knows.<p>[ September 05, 2003: Message edited by: Arwen Eruantale ]

Will you pay attention?
Old 09-05-2003, 11:34 AM   #132
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

At Helms Deep, one thing annoys me so incredibly much. Theoden says something along the lines of "Is this it? Is this all Saruman has?" Is he tempting fate or what? They might not know about jinxing, but surely they've heard of sod's law.
Old 09-05-2003, 07:14 PM   #133
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>"Is this it? Is this all Saruman has?" Is he tempting fate or what? They might not know about jinxing, but surely they've heard of sod's law.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> It must have been jinxing, since the wall blew up nearly right after he said that.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:41 AM   #134
Elentári
Wight

Elentári has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh man! I really have to get the DVD from somewhere, if only to look for these little things!!!<BR>I noticed that thing with the apple, but I didn't realise Merry had given him it. I tend to quote things to annoy my little brother. But it doesn't work anymore, he plagues me by asking questions about the history of Middle Earth instead! (Mainly at about half nine at night, when I'm really tired and want to go to bed, and probably have to get up at half five the next morning).
Old 09-26-2003, 06:47 AM   #135
Linteamarthwen
Pile O'Bones

Linteamarthwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Has anyone noticed that in the T.T movie when the ladder is cout down and it starts to fall that one of the orcs makes a funny sound. It sounded like Fozzy Bear going "Waka waka waka". After i heard that I commented that Fozzy's career had down falled and so he became a stunt double for movies!
Linteamarthwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 06:53 AM   #136
Linteamarthwen
Pile O'Bones

Linteamarthwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I can anwser the question about Brego's split personality. I beleive the first horse he had was not brego at all. I'm not sure what the horses name was but I don't recall Eomer calling the two horses they gave to Aragorn ,brego. I think his horse was killed in the mountain attack when aragorn fell and Brego came to save him. If you don't believe me....you can check for yourself
Linteamarthwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 06:17 PM   #137
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I can anwser the question about Brego's split personality. I beleive the first horse he had was not brego at all. I'm not sure what the horses name was but I don't recall Eomer calling the two horses they gave to Aragorn ,brego. I think his horse was killed in the mountain attack when aragorn fell and Brego came to save him. If you don't believe me....you can check for yourself <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You're correct; Brego is Theodred's horse, whom Aragorn ordered to be released when he came to Edoras. Eomer gave him Hasufel (and Legolas Arod), who was killed during the warg attack. Then Brego came and saved him.
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
Old 12-30-2003, 04:36 PM   #138
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Gollum: They stole it from us!!<BR>Faramir: What did they steal? <BR>Gollum: My.....PRECIOUS!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!! <BR>---------------------------------------------<BR>right when Gollum screams, his face looks like a little kid throwing a temper tantrum. It reminds me so much of my sister!!! It cracks me up every time.<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Slightly off topic: Never try to do that scene when you have candy in your mouth. (though it does help with the Gollum voice) You <I>will </I>spit it out, right in the face of whoever is saying Faramir's lines. (the funny thing about this is it was a Swedish Fish I was eating)<P>On topic:<P>-In RotK, right after the Eagles pick up Frodo and Sam, there's a shot of Frodo and the camera zooms in on his face. I always feel like I'm falling up Frodo's nose.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:16 PM   #139
Vardalithiel

Sting

Does the walker choose the path, or does the path choose the walker?<BR>Prevent Merry abuse! Join the S.A.M! <P>um, what are you talking about? I am probably really dumb for asking that, but I am a little confused.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:28 PM   #140
Everlen
Pile O'Bones

Everlen has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

In FotR :<P>When Frodo is walking in Rivendell his head is grazed by this thing that must be a leaf but it looks like a bell. I can't help but notice it everytime.<P>"The doom of man" at the council gets me every time. <P>When Gimili comes out of the snow he sounds like a boar.<P>When Gimili cries in Moria I always laugh, then stop laughing so that I can hear the little *clump* of his helmet against the stone, then I laugh some more. <P>When Aragorn says, "Legolas, Gimili, get them up," he sounds like there is a clothespin on his nose.<P>Galadriel sounds so evil when she says,"I know what it is you saw, for it is also in my mind." Also during that scene when they are telepathically speaking to each other I like to mute it. Imagine shooting that! It must have been hilarious. "Okay, Elijah, we're gonna have you stare for five minutes, then Cate, you for ten." <P>When Aragorn tells frodo to run at Amon Hen, Frodo turns and his cloak does this awesome floaty thing that I just love!<P>TTT:<BR>in the EE edition as Gollum is leading through Emyn Muil (I forgot how to spell it) he gives another hilarious, "AAAAAHHHHHHHH!"<P>When Frodo falls in the marshes and you see Gollum's hand begin to pull him out, make sure and watch Frodo's face. It is hideous!<P>In the dead marshes, right after Gollum remembers that his name is Smeagol, the Nazgul cry sounds out. Sam wakes up with a jump/scrambul looking thing and it is so funny! <P>When the first warg eats Hama it shows a shot of Eowyn and Aragorn and they are just looking in that direction with a sense of interest on their faces. It cracks me up that they aren't screaming and running to help. No, they just grace Hama with interested expressions as he dies.<P>In the flashback to his conversaion with Elrond, Aragorn gives him the most priceless look as Elrond says, "There it will be evergreen." You gotta see this one! If looks could kill!<P>In the EE, the scene where Eowyn gives Aragorn the stew, at the very beginning she offers it to Gimili. The dwarf knows how to escape! I love that whole scene.<P>When legolas is "despairing" and he says, "They will die!" Listen to the elvish words, they are something like, "Naga Daga Thyre!" sounds too funny!<P>EE, the scene where Merry and Pippin find the food, as they are walking into the storehouse watch Merry. As he walks his arms do this freakish jerking thing that leaves me laughing just thinking about it! Its great!<P>RotK:<P>I haven't seen it enough to notice many small things, but two things that I noticed the second time that I had missed the first was:<BR>when Aragorn is looking at the path to the Paths of the Dead the leader ghost thing begins to form in the gap of the mountains. I just barely saw it before it was over and I am going to look for it again next time!<P>When the eagles come the moth flies in front of Gandalf! so cool!<P>There are lots of parts that aren't suppose to be funny but I laugh my head off despite that fact:<BR>I agree with drowning in Frodo's nostrils! But not only his, I can't help but laugh at that poor elf guy who has to call after Arwen! TeeHeeheeeheee.<P>And when the Palantir is stuck to Pippin's hands and it slow-mo's on his face... well, it kills me.<P>When Aragorn sees the beacon and he runs to Meduseld, oh my word it's great.<P>When Frodo falls down when the eye is on him in Mordor, I'm sorry but it looks so funny.<P>Denethor's death is suppose to me terrible, but to me it's terribly humorous! I had to bury my face as not to disturb the people who weren't laughing.<P>Last one I promise! (you people probably hate me!) When Frodo wakes up in the bed and says Gandalf!!!! Then everyone comes in one at a time all in slow motion. The whole thing is hilarious (except Sam, thats sweet). But it would have been so much better if it had not all been in slow motion. Also, watch (I think its Pippin) his cheeks. If it's not him then it's Merry. Oh its so funny!<P>That is my extremely long list of the things that stuck out to me that no one has mentioned already or that you have metioned and I mentioned again. I am also gonna try the "Pippin Abuse!" thing!
Everlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 11:42 PM   #141
Rosenberg
Pile O'Bones

Rosenberg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Rosenberg
Sting

And who among us hasn't seen all the movies with friends so you can make countless Star Wars jokes, such as Legolas using a grappling hook to get up to the underside of the oliphants and chuck an Elvish grenade up there, or of Frodo refusing to acknowledge he's scared and Gandolf replying "You will be . . . you will be . . .," or how in RoTK Elrond really seems like he's about to burst out in Agent Smithian dialogue about Aragorn's pathetic human concept of love--<BR>Wait, that was the Matrix. But my point stands.
Old 01-04-2004, 06:17 AM   #142
Enedbelethiel
Animated Skeleton

Enedbelethiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I was going to write my reply with all the things that made me laugh in the films, but they were already mentioned (save the Captain Obvious "A diversion!" line from ROTK. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> When Aragorn says that the ring has no other master it awnsers to Sauron alone, for some reason to me it always seems like he inhaled helium or something<P>Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli are fung fu-ing all the guards, kickin' some majorly awesome bootty and Gandalf's just like "Theoden!" with great love and passion.<P>Just after Frodo puts down the Ring and everyone whispers to their neighbors, creating a nice dramatic atmosphere, and just before Boromir begins his whole 'It is a gift' speach, there's this one guy that says "The DOOM of MAN." That cracks me up every time. It's so loud and random and just sounds so FUNNY. They toned it down for the EE so it isn't as loud, but it's still there.<P>During the scene at Bag End when Frodo is packing--Gandalf carefully folds up a shirt and hands it to Frodo, who proceeds to shake it out & cram it into the bag.<P>Boromir has a hold of the troll's chain, and the realization suddenly dawns on him that he's about to get flipped around like a rag doll.<P>I feel like the word "Rivendell" is going to appear in a swirling script, like in a video game...<P>During the Battle of Helm's Deep, when Legolas shoots the rope that's hauling up the enormous ladder filled with Uruk Hai, one of them yells "Cowabunga!" as the ladder falls.<P>Anyhoo, one thing that I've found amusing is when that one Ent puts himself out in the river water during the Ents' storming of Isengard.<P>I was watching the Two Towers dvd this morning and I noticed Arwen fighting at Helm's Deep.<P>In Rivendell when Boromir drops the helm of Narsil and Aragorn picks it up and puts it back, he puts it back crooked!<P> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I'm sure there will be plenty more to laugh about (all in good fun) when ROTK comes out on DVD. I can't wait till November!
Old 01-04-2004, 10:56 AM   #143
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> That is my extremely long list of the things that stuck out to me that no one has mentioned already or that you have metioned and I mentioned again. I am also gonna try the "Pippin Abuse!" thing! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Oh yeah, that's right! I have yet to make a list of instances of Pippin abuse in TTT and ROTK. Better get started...
Old 01-10-2004, 08:58 PM   #144
SKRi Dren

Sting

Okay, fair warning all, this is a sick one, and I admit it's probably just a product of my own sick mind, but you may never be able to see this line in the same noble light after you read the below...<P>In the TTT, just after the Rohirrim evacuate Edoras (right at the start of Disc 2 of the EE), Theoden is riding beside Aragorn and talking about his regret at missing out on his duty to Eowyn. There is a moment when he urges his horse forward a little, but since he is only shown from the waist up, it looks like he is pushing his groin back-and-forth in a sexually suggestive manner. And at that precise moment, he says: "I should have loved her as a father!"<P>So every time I watch him make that rutting motion when he says that I'm thinking, "Wow, those Rohirric family units are DAMN tight." <P>Enjoy.<P>DB.
Old 01-10-2004, 10:19 PM   #145
Dininziliel
Wight

Dininziliel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> For those of you who haven`t noticed, in The Two Towers when the Uruk-hai that are holding Merry and Pippin captive are being attacked by the Riders of Rohan, Merry and Pippin`s hands are tied together, right? Well when Pippin is about to be squashed by a horse, he rolls over on his back and his hands are at his sides! But that was before he cut them! I wonder why Peter Jackson didn`t catch that? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>And I wonder why you & I seem to be the only two people in the world to notice this!?!?! It is the biggest and most unforgiveable gaffe! (Easily fixed in editing.) The other one is a sad one to me, because it detracts from Boromir's death scene--watch his hand/arm move from one of Aragorn's shoulders to the other. Someone please tell someone at Weta to fix these things!<P>Funnies to me are (I call them Monty Python Moments):<BR>The old geezer guy doorman/gatekeeper at Bree opening the peephole, and having just enough time to get wide-eyed before he's flattened by the door as 5 Nazgul gallop over it.<P>Gimli's helmet hitting Balin's tomb--wah haw, thunk!<P>The bruhaha as Gandalf strides purposefully down the middle of Meduseld toward Theoden while Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli run about doing the biff! oof! smash! and other assorted comic book onomatopeia type stuff, including the obligatory back armed fist of Legolas crunching the baddie behind him. S'just so silly!<P>Last, in TT, just what <I>is</I> that whitish glob of stuff Aragorn spoons into his mouth from Eowyn's stew? Eeeeeyew!<P>I've made notes of 2-3 things mentioned and am looking forward to spotting them. I've always marvelled at how, after at least 80 viewings, I still notice things in FotR EE I hadn't before. They're not often funny or gaffes, but nuances and story connections. It's odd, but the same thing doesn't happen in TT.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:16 AM   #146
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Last, in TT, just what is that whitish glob of stuff Aragorn spoons into his mouth from Eowyn's stew? Eeeeeyew!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well my sister and I have decided that the "glob" is most likely a large cotton ball. From the scene in the film we find that to be the only possibility.<P>But we really don't know what it is. I guess only the guys at Weta, and Viggo himself know truely what it is made of <P>But it sure is funny
Old 01-11-2004, 05:17 PM   #147
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Does the walker choose the path, or does the path choose the walker?<BR>Prevent Merry abuse! Join the S.A.M! <P>um, what are you talking about? <BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>They're two totally unrelated things. The bit about the path and the walker is from Sabriel by Garth Nix, and the S.A.M. is the Save-A-Merry foundation.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I can't help but laugh at that poor elf guy who has to call after Arwen! TeeHeeheeeheee. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That would be Figwit!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> When Frodo falls down when the eye is on him in Mordor, I'm sorry but it looks so funny. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It looks like he's dancing.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Denethor's death is suppose to me terrible, but to me it's terribly humorous! I had to bury my face as not to disturb the people who weren't laughing. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I tried to hold in my laughter, but I was laughing too hard, and remembered a time when I was really trying not to laugh and ended up making a really weird elephant/fart noise, which I thought would be worse than laughing, so I gave up and just laughed.<P>~In FotR, when the dragon firework swoops over the hobbits, the tip of its wing sets a tent on fire.
Old 01-18-2004, 06:37 PM   #148
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

In TTT at Helm's Deep, Gimli kills one orc, then another one climbs up a ladder and gets hit by Gimli's axe. Did anybody notice where the axe hit him?<P>Ouch.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:50 PM   #149
airetari

airetari has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

There are countless things in these movies that make me crack up, but i wont waste the whole day saying them. here are a few-

-FOTR: At Parth Galen when you see all of the orcs going to kill Boromir there are some orcs that go the stairs. The first ten sprint down the stairs but the last two walk down each one of the stairs and its so un-orkish. its really funny.
-FOTR EE: After the gifts of Galadriel when Galadriel says "Do not worry young Peregrin took you will find your courage." look at merry's face, he looks really silly.
-ROTK: When the rohirrim are charging down onto Pelennor fields Eomer is holding a spear and making the best face ever. He is baring his teeth and he looks rabid.
-ROTK: At the end when the fellowship comes in to frodo's bedchamber there two things.
1) When Gimli is standing in the doorway look at his eyes. They look like crazy eyes from mr. deeds
2)when pippin and merry are on the bed merry kind of does a belly flop. in the next shot they focus on frodos face and you can see pippin mouth "what was that?" (at least thats what it looks like hes saying) its my favorite billy and dom scene in all of the movies because it looks like peter said go ahead do whatever you want!
-ROTK: If you watch the part right after eowyn kills the witch king and look at her face she kind of just stands in the background like hmmm... what to do next and then the camera focuses back on her and shes like omg! i have to act! thats right!(its especially funny because in the book eowyn is supposed to completely lose all of her strength right after she stabs him)
-ROTK: At last scene when frodo kisses sam before hes about to leave middle earth look at either billy or dom (i forget) one of them makes a really silly face like they're scoffing frodo and sam for taking so long.
airetari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 07:02 PM   #150
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Okay, like everyone, I haven't read all of this thread, so this might have been out, but...

When Frodo is stabbed on weathertop he makes this really exhausting scream, like he just did a lot of work, and then exhales loudly. It really reminds me of a child birth. But the real killer is that Sam rushes over and Frodo says"O, Sam" in such a weird, almost queer, voice. That always cracks me up.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:01 PM   #151
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye That strangely familiar scream...

I mentioned something about this earlier, but having seen ROTK a few times I thought you might like to know.

At Helm's Deep, one of the elves gets shot off the wall. On the way down, he screams "AIYOWWW!" or something like that.

In ROTK, when Faramir and his men are retreating from Osgiliath, one of the Nazgul's beasts picks up a guy in its talons and then drops him. The guy screams, and it sounds exactly the same as the scream mentioned above.

But that's not all. That scream has been in many other movies. In Star Wars, a storm trooper gets shot off a ledge and he makes that scream, then later in Return of the Jedi some random alien falls into that pit on Tatooine and makes the same scream. It's also heard in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade when a random guy gets machine gunned by a Nazi out in the desert during the "tank scene". I've heard it might be the sound guy's signature, but I'm not really sure.

The funny thing is, at least among my friends and myself, I am the only person who notices this scream popping up all over the place. Am I going crazy or something???
Old 08-11-2004, 09:43 PM   #152
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen Evenstar
This morning before school, I walked into my brothers room to find him scrubbing at his bed sheet. For some stupid reason he had slept with a pen in his pocket and it exploded. I couldn`t help myself. Grinning at him in a Gollumish way I replied, "What`s it doing?! You stupid fat Hobbit! It ruins it!!!" Then I ran out of the room lughing my head off. It was so funny! The way he looked at me looked just like the way Sam always looks at Gollum!

I feel sorry for your brother, he seems not to be the only one with a Gollum-wannabe brother... My brother is only five years younger than me (in other words he's about 17), and loves to visit me, which his main reason for the visit is to annoy me while i'm trying to fill out bills, paper work, ect. He never visits on the weekends, he insists that weekend visits are for "the normal". Anyway, my brother happens to be a human version of a walking stick insect, as along with me was raised on fish (We both love sushi, and consume other sea-life with utter bliss) and loves Gollum. So, whenever he stops by for a visit, i become (in his eyes) a frodo/sam and as such crawls around on the floor poking at my pockets asking, "What's in its pocketsssss preciousss?" Last time i just gave up ignoring him and gave him what resided in the side of my pocket, a paper clip and a week old peice of gum. He wasn't amused, and gave up. Then he crawled and sat on the couch and watched the sundance channel on television. That's how most of my thursdays are spent.

The strange thing is, My brother looks like Sam (His head, as I explained before, he is very, very slim.). As for me, people have said I look like a female Aragorn... I really don't see a resemblance though. Ok, i'll stop talking and typing now, though i know most of you have died from boredom by now. Sorry.

- THE Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 10:00 PM   #153
Sandro
Pile O'Bones

Sandro has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linteamarthwen
Has anyone noticed that in the T.T movie when the ladder is cout down and it starts to fall that one of the orcs makes a funny sound. It sounded like Fozzy Bear going "Waka waka waka". After i heard that I commented that Fozzy's career had down falled and so he became a stunt double for movies!
I noticed that too, so I watched that part around 20 times to hear what he was saying. I came to the conclusion that it was "cowabunga."

According to my dad, one of the Gondorian soldiers says "d'oh!" while being hit with a large rock in ROTK, but I haven't had a chance to confirm this.

Meneltarmacil, I too have noticed that scream in all of those movies. I suppose that when you are looking for sounds for a movie, that is the "man falling" scream. Who knows?

At Pellenor, Glamdring (the semi-old aide to Theoden) is pretty much standing in up on his horse, whacking his his horse with the flat of his sword to make it go faster, and giving a really terriifying yell while charging the orcs. Very Creepy.

I think Aragorn's soup glop is crab meat. How they got it? Theoden's private stores, I bet (fresh from Umbar!).

The bed scene with the (surviving, lets not forget Boromir people!) members of the Fellowship in ROTK always reminds me of The Wizard of Oz.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:21 PM   #154
FairLadyGoldberry
Pile O'Bones

FairLadyGoldberry has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to FairLadyGoldberry
ah well I thought I'd include my own personal favorites from ROTK that haven't been mentioned thus far...

--One line: "It's sticky!" I don't know why this line always makes me crack up, it just does. Yes. Spider webs are sticky.
--When Pippin is pushing Faramir off of Denethor's pyre, he's pushing Faramir's face right into some flames. ouch!
--When the orc in Cirith Ungol says, "Hands off that shiny shirt," it sound like he says "Hands off that shiny sh**." I've had friends ask me, "did he just say what I think he said?"
--When Faramir is in Osgiliath and he's telling everyone to "Go back! Go back to Minas Tirith!" I always think he has a funny look on his face. It looks like he's putting his lips inside his mouth - you know like how you would do to pretend you didn't have any teeth. I don't know that face always looks odd to me.
--When Ian McKellen was on Conan o'Brien, they showed the clip of him (Gandalf)talking to Pippin at Minas Tirith the "Is there any hope, Gandalf, for Frodo and Sam?" scene and I remember Mr.McKellen saying that they had Pippin kneeling in that scene so he would look hobbit size. I know they probably use that simple trick many times throughout the movie, but at that scene I always picture Billy on his knees behind the railing.

oh man I love this thread...
Old 08-13-2004, 11:00 PM   #155
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
i noticed this one about two weeks ago I was making sure I had a quote right for Palantir of fortune movie edition so I had the captions on in Moria while theyre all sitting around merry and pippin are talking

P-are we lost
M-no
P-I think werelost......Merry?
M-yes Pip?
P-Im hungry lol! I laughed so hard when i heard and read that and my friend goes what? I tell
and he has the nerve to say"figures it was something about lotr!"
Old 08-16-2004, 06:41 PM   #156
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Boots Run away! Run away!

Quote:
When Faramir is in Osgiliath and he's telling everyone to "Go back! Go back to Minas Tirith!" I always think he has a funny look on his face. It looks like he's putting his lips inside his mouth - you know like how you would do to pretend you didn't have any teeth. I don't know that face always looks odd to me.
That reminds me. I know that there are many other Python fans who frequent the Downs. Surely, then, I am not the only one who is always reminded by this scene of King Arthur and his Knights retreating while shouting "Run away! Run away!" in MP and the Holy Grail.